PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn Nets

Slimsim
02-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Is it possible that BK Nets Can become the team to beat if they get Howard in free agency keep the main core and also their Draft pick which is a potential top 5 ? Also sign and trade Lopez to GS for Monta thoughts ?

xxplayerxx23
02-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Yes they will be the team to beat if all that happened, I dont think theres a chance it happens, but
PgDwill
Sgellis
Sf.Brooks/morrow
PFhump/top5 pick
C.howard

DoMeFavors
02-29-2012, 08:10 PM
You get Deron and Dwight on a team they are already the team to beat

VinceCarter
02-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Things are getting interesting. Ellis is one of the guys Dwight wants to play with and GSW may just do a trade around Ellis for Lopez in the summer. Can't wait to see what happens.

jrm2054
02-29-2012, 08:16 PM
that line up would be insane

spreadeagle
02-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Things are getting interesting. Ellis is one of the guys Dwight wants to play with and GSW may just do a trade around Ellis for Lopez in the summer. Can't wait to see what happens.

ellis is a beast..Lopez was decent before his major injury throw in Morrow and a future pick then maybe

BigBlueCrew
02-29-2012, 08:19 PM
you guys forgot about the nine finger wonder!! Gerald Green

justinnum1
02-29-2012, 08:19 PM
You get Deron and Dwight on a team they are already the team to beat in NY

there, i fixed it for you.

Slimsim
02-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Ellis as a third option Is very dangerous.

Young and Stupid
02-29-2012, 08:21 PM
If the Nets were to sign Howard as a free-agent -- which is looking less and less likely everyday -- there is no way that they'd trade Brook Lopez for Monta Ellis (this has been confirmed by Woj (http://twitter.com/#!/wojyahoonba)).

Quite frankly, I wouldn't trade a TE worth the size of his contract for Ellis. He's an inefficient, ball-stopping, chucker. Dude has a negative affect on his the team when he's on the floor.

Ellis as a third option Is very dangerous.

... For the team he's playing on, yes.

But yes, the Nets would be a very formidable team if they acquired Howard via free-agency. However, the Heat will be even better next year than they are this season.

spreadeagle
02-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Nets fans overrate Lopez so much,a center who doesnt rebound is kinda useless, Bargnani only gets a pass in T.O cause he can drop 25 every game but Lopez is not that great a scorer..

Robbw241
02-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Nets fans overrate Lopez so much,a center who doesnt rebound is kinda useless, Bargnani only gets a pass in T.O cause he can drop 25 every game but Lopez is not that great a scorer..

:laugh2:

metsfanssince05
02-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Wow. That team would give the Heat a game.. D-Will, Ellis, Brooks AND Howard on the same team... Sheesh..

ndfightirish12
02-29-2012, 08:37 PM

thats why he scored 38 last night?? hes a very good scoring center..

njnets
02-29-2012, 08:45 PM

if you want to say his rebounding skills are poor, thats a fair argument. nets fans will even be on your side a little.

to say he is not a great scorer for the center position??? i want what your smoking man.

and no, im not going by just last nite. look at his stats. as a center, he is one of the top scorers in the league.

JayStar-8
02-29-2012, 08:50 PM
I think it's more likely that the Nets trade Brook for Josh Smith. However, Lopez has said numerous times that he can play the 4 and would like to play next to Howard. I think they give a Howard/Lopez tandem a chance and if it doesn't work out then they try to move Lopez for a wing.

Dwill
Brooks
Barnes
Lopez
Howard

spreadeagle
02-29-2012, 08:51 PM
if you want to say his rebounding skills are poor, thats a fair argument. nets fans will even be on your side a little.

to say he is not a great scorer for the center position??? i want what your smoking man.

and no, im not going by just last nite. look at his stats. as a center, he is one of the top scorers in the league.

ive never thought of him as great scorer..ok i didnt know he dropped 38 last night so I look like a knob ill admit lol

JayStar-8

smh.

spreadeagle
I think it's more likely that the Nets trade Brook for Josh Smith. However, Lopez has said numerous times that he can play the 4 and would like to play next to Howard. I think they give a Howard/Lopez tandem a chance and if it doesn't work out then they try to move Lopez for a wing.

Dwill
Brooks
Barnes
Lopez
Howard

Thats realistic for both teams I like it "the Atlants trade"

netsgiantsyanks
02-29-2012, 08:52 PM

lolwut?

JayStar-8
02-29-2012, 08:52 PM
ive never thought of him as great scorer..ok i didnt know he dropped 38 last night so I look like a knob ill admit lol

He's the most offensively skilled center in the league. If only he could play good defense and rebound.

spreadeagle
02-29-2012, 09:00 PM
lolwut?

Is a guy who is a 17.5 ppg lifetime a great scorer?????

JayStar-8
02-29-2012, 09:14 PM

you do realize he is 23 and his scoring has gone up every season, right?

CudiOnMyiPod
02-29-2012, 09:21 PM
He's the most offensively skilled center in the league. If only he could play good defense and rebound.

Andrew Bynum.

TMcC801
02-29-2012, 09:27 PM
I'd throw Big Al Jeff in the mix for be offensive center as well. Dude has a the nastiest post moves in the game. But his lack of defense and winning shadow his offensive skill set.

spreadeagle
02-29-2012, 09:41 PM
you do realize he is 23 and his scoring has gone up every season, right?

I dont watch enough Nets games to really critize his game, hes a nice player I think his brother has some potential on the right team as well

Redskins10
02-29-2012, 09:44 PM

Yes.

netsgiantsyanks
02-29-2012, 09:46 PM

a center????????? yes. plus, you fail to realize that this is 4th year in the league. you're acting like he's 41, the ppg is going to rise.

netsgiantsyanks
02-29-2012, 09:47 PM
I dont watch enough Nets games to really critize his game, hes a nice player I think his brother has some potential on the right team as well

then your argument is kind of invalid. you're basing it off of stats, i base my opinion on watching him every night.

spreadeagle
02-29-2012, 10:32 PM
then your argument is kind of invalid. you're basing it off of stats, i base my opinion on watching him every night.

I know thats why I wrote that...but you also have a homers view which we all get for our fav players

jmoney85
02-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Andrew Bynum.

lol uhhh no

Chill_Will_24
02-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Yes but why would they trade for Ellis? GS values him too highly and the Nets dont need a SG. They could trade for J.Smith... G.Wallace... someone who fits better.