PDA

View Full Version : Suns want to resign Nash, not trade him

jsthornton7
02-29-2012, 04:20 PM
http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/35034836

nickdymez
02-29-2012, 04:21 PM
The Suns are *******s for this. Let Nash go somewhere and win a ring. I take back my ******* statement of course if Nash simply wants to stay in Phoenix.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 04:21 PM
What is that franchise thinking?

justinnum1
02-29-2012, 04:25 PM
they would deal nash in a second if he asked. Yea the franchise is dumb for being content with sucking, but nash is loyal to them and they probably feel loyal to him.

TheFonz
02-29-2012, 04:28 PM
It's so stupid...let this be a lesson to every other GM. Don't let personal feelings get in the way of business. If the Suns want to remain irrelevant for more years, that's on them. Every NBA fan wants to see Nash go to a contender.

I'd like to see him to the Lakers personally.

waveycrockett
02-29-2012, 04:39 PM
They dont suck but they aren't good either. I dont blame them for keeping Nash. He is still good and shouldn't give him up for peanuts.

beasted86
02-29-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't want to see Nash re-sign in Phoenix.

It would be kind of cool to see him play in Dallas again if they can't get D-Will. I think he could also fit in Portland and really make that offense thrive and push the team to contender status.

waveycrockett
02-29-2012, 04:43 PM
I don't want to see Nash re-sign in Phoenix.

It would be kind of cool to see him play in Dallas again if they can't get D-Will. I think he could also fit in Portland and really make that offense thrive and push the team to contender status.

POR is a defense first team. I dont think he'd do very well over there to be honest.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA Reply Retweet Favorite ∑ Open

Steve Nash on Portland rumors: "Portlandís great. Theyíve got a great team, great fans and a great organization. Itís a terrific situation."

More-Than-Most
02-29-2012, 04:52 PM
smart move from the suns...Nash = attendance and excitement and star power...Even if they trade him they probably wont be relevant for some time and would lose a ton of attendance in the short term.

beasted86
02-29-2012, 04:57 PM
POR is a defense first team. I dont think he'd do very well over there to be honest.

McMillan had Steve Blake starting forever.

nickdymez
02-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Nash with LA and Wallace would be DEADLY

MagicHero3
02-29-2012, 05:07 PM
anyone think theyre just saying this so teams will want Nash more?

dtmagnet
02-29-2012, 05:10 PM
If this is what Nash and the team want, then good on them.

Gritz
02-29-2012, 05:41 PM
If he's content with mediocrity why not let him stay

Bruno
02-29-2012, 05:55 PM
pretty selfish. they're just using him to sell tickets, with no real interest in spending the money to surround him with a contender. he's given them so much, he deserves another shot at a ring. they're in rebuilding purgatory, but they're holding onto Nash to fill the seats. pity.

Bruno
02-29-2012, 05:56 PM
If he's content with mediocrity why not let him stay
right, unless he want to be there. if he does, that's his decision.

JNA17
02-29-2012, 06:14 PM
If Nash wants to stay there, then good for him. I think he has too much pride to ask for a trade.

As for the team, their selfish and stupid. I feel bad for the Suns fans overall. They need to rebuild but their GM is content with the team being in limbo for as long as possible, until he can squeeze all the juice Nash has left in him. Instead of just either rebuilding or actually putting real talent on the team.

As a Lakers fan, I obviously hope Nash goes there so they can truly contend again. But as an NBA fan, any contending team will do, no one wants to see this.

CB29
02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
as soon as he retires, they're gonna be the worst team in the nba... all of their players are nothing without nash.. it's really stupid of management too cause ou can build with picks right now and get some solid young talent in return that way you won't endure ridiculous losses in fan interest and revenues immediately after nash retires.

justinnum1
02-29-2012, 06:50 PM
pretty selfish. they're just using him to sell tickets, with no real interest in spending the money to surround him with a contender. he's given them so much, he deserves another shot at a ring. they're in rebuilding purgatory, but they're holding onto Nash to fill the seats. pity.

How is it selfish? If nash went and asked to be traded and they said no, then it would be selfish. But as of right now, thats not the case. Nash wants to be there and suns want him there. Its not like the suns can get anything decent for him, he's 38 and a FA this summer.

IndyRealist
02-29-2012, 06:56 PM
It's so stupid...let this be a lesson to every other GM. Don't let personal feelings get in the way of business. If the Suns want to remain irrelevant for more years, that's on them. Every NBA fan wants to see Nash go to a contender.

I'd like to see him to the Lakers personally.

It's funny that players get trashed for not being loyal and treating basketball as a business, yet players also get trashed for being loyal and NOT treating it like a business.

mdm692
02-29-2012, 06:56 PM
What people dont understand is the suns cant get any real value for him. Say nash is traded to a contender for a 1st rnd pick that pick will probably be a high 20s meaning it would be a role player or 6th man at best. On the other hand no contender would trade their "young star talent" for ab aging(although he plays like he is 29) steve nash. The FO would rather suck this year with him get a fairly high pick and hope to snatch a good scoring wing from the FA pool of 2012(chandler, batum, oj mayo, gordon, young etc)

mdm692
02-29-2012, 07:03 PM
lets see what the contenders have to offer

Lakers
Fisher, blake and a declining gasol(we would be better off with nash then gasol)

Magic
Nelson, reddick, ryan "white channing frye" anderson. No thanks

Knicks
Lin aint going nowhere, davis is old, and unless they want to trade melo for nash and hill then we will pass

Hawks
Hinrich(ewww), teague(doubt they include him). BUT i would like to trade nash, lope, and hill for horford and hinrich(expiring)

Miami heat
Nash and gortat for bosh, chalmers could work.

Burkey3472
02-29-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm sure they'd make a deal where they were getting something of value in return. If they aren't getting the right value back, can you really blame the suns? It makes no sense to just deal him because he deserves another shot at a championship. You deal a player because it is in the best interest of YOUR team (unless he demands a trade).

As for next year, Nash can sign where ever he wants and play for a contender.

mdm692
02-29-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm sure they'd make a deal where they were getting something of value in return. If they aren't getting the right value back, can you really blame the suns? It makes no sense to just deal him because he deserves another shot at a championship. You deal a player because it is in the best interest of YOUR team (unless he demands a trade).

As for next year, Nash can sign where ever he wants and play for a contender.

or the FA celtics *coughs*allen*coughs*garnette*coughs* can come to phx we do have 30 mill in cap space

Nash/fa
Allen/dudley
Hill/childress
Kg/warrick
Gortat/frye

:P

Bishnoff
02-29-2012, 07:30 PM

This.

It's so frustrating being a Suns fan at the moment.