PDA

View Full Version : Paul George bitter over dunk contest.

THE MTL
02-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Evans dunked two balls, which were thrown up by former Brownsburg High School and Butler standout Gordon Hayward. Evans wore a mini video camera on his ear during another dunk. And he jumped over comedian Kevin Hart, who is almost two feet shorter than the 7-2 Hibbert. “(Not to) take nothing away from the dunk contest, (but) it was a joke,” George said. “I guess whoever had the biggest celebrity involved in their dunk was going to be the winner. I guess I should have tried to reach out to some people. “If you leave it up to fans, they probably wouldn’t have known who Larry was. I think I was destined to lose it.” Indianapolis Star

Paul George mad bout the contest. But Evans had the ONLY good dunk during the whole competition (two balls dunk).

As for Larry Bird sticker, that was whack. Larry Bird had like a 3in vertical and dunking was the farthest thing from his game. If you going to salute veterans, you salute the veterans that actually can DUNK!

Btw, George did NOT jump over Hibbert. He used the shoulder to elevate himself and Hibbert slightly ducked his head too.

jimbobjarree
02-29-2012, 03:26 PM
George shudda had Jones throw up two balls when he dunked over him and Hibbert, and he would have won.

nickdymez
02-29-2012, 03:28 PM
All the fans are bitter over the dunk contest too...

ManRam
02-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Hey, at least he cares about the dunk competition. Makes like one of them...

And not completely clearing Hibbert...well...who cares. He still jumped over something, regardless of how imperfect, that was more impressive than a hood of kia (or, in Blake's case, jumping around the hood of a kia), Nate Robinson, a motorcycle, Diddy, Kevin Hart etc...

sep11ie
02-29-2012, 03:36 PM
He woulda won if he was still 6'7". It's just not as impressive now that he's 6'10".

LAKobeBryant
02-29-2012, 03:41 PM
If Paul is bitter than derozan and iggy should all be crying

Joshtd1
02-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Yea I actually though Evans had the best dunk personally. Doubt many casual fans that voted even ever heard of Jeremy Evans before, and all the hype George was getting before should have helped him.

PacersForLife
02-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Of course I'm biased, but the last dunk Paul did was harder than it looked. Hitting the bottom corner of the backboard and dunking on the other side of the rim is not easy. The glow in the dark dunk was the same thing that won Vince Carter the dunk contest back in the day and I don't understand why people don't think it was impressive at all. I'm also wondering how many more people can jump over Roy Hibbert and Dahntay Jones even using your hand to push you over or whatever. Jeremy Evans actually did something similar when he jumped over Kevin Hart... Paul even said it himself, the dunk contest needs to be guys like LeBron and the other superstars of the league.

jmckittrick
02-29-2012, 04:12 PM
If that is your arguement that he boosted himself up or that Hibbert ducked his head. Really!? One of the "greatest" dunks of all time in the dunk contest wasnt even a dunk. Yes, I am talking about the Dwight Howard superman dunk. That was a terrible dunk, oh wait, it wasnt even a dunk. It was fastball lay-up. So to say that with what he did was not a good way to win the contest is ridiculous on all accounts.

PacersForLife
02-29-2012, 04:13 PM
If that is your arguement that he boosted himself up or that Hibbert ducked his head. Really!? One of the "greatest" dunks of all time in the dunk contest wasnt even a dunk. Yes, I am talking about the Dwight Howard superman dunk. That was a terrible dunk, oh wait, it wasnt even a dunk. It was fastball lay-up. So to say that with what he did was not a good way to win the contest is ridiculous on all accounts.

Yeah just like all of Blake Griffin's in-game dunks that are so spectacular. ;) The dunk contest has been a joke for the past few years. All of the "Hollywood" stuff has ruined it...

TheFonz
02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
I think the right person won the dunk contest. I wasn't very impressed with Paul George's dunk. I'm not impressed with players hopping over things/people any more, it's boring. And secondly, it took him like 3 tries to do it any way. It might have been more impressive if he nailed it on his first try.

PacersForLife
02-29-2012, 04:31 PM
I think the right person won the dunk contest. I wasn't very impressed with Paul George's dunk. I'm not impressed with players hopping over things/people any more, it's boring. And secondly, it took him like 3 tries to do it any way. It might have been more impressive if he nailed it on his first try.

Do you think Nate Robinson should have won when he did after missing so many?

Evans didn't get the two-ball dunk on the first try either btw..

TheFonz
02-29-2012, 04:33 PM
What's more difficult, hopping over a 7 footer or catching two balls in midair and dunking them both? It's a judgement call, I don't think anyone could say one is clearly more difficult than the other.

Visually I was just more impressed with Evans dunk than with Georges. Technically, I realize it's impressive to hop over a 7 footer but visually it didn't strike me as having that "wow!" factor. But hey, that's just me....

PacersForLife
02-29-2012, 04:55 PM
What's more difficult, hopping over a 7 footer or catching two balls in midair and dunking them both? It's a judgement call, I don't think anyone could say one is clearly more difficult than the other.

Visually I was just more impressed with Evans dunk than with Georges. Technically, I realize it's impressive to hop over a 7 footer but visually it didn't strike me as having that "wow!" factor. But hey, that's just me....

So do you think Javale McGee should have won when he did the three-ball thing?

Iron24th
02-29-2012, 04:58 PM
He mad lol

Shamar81
02-29-2012, 05:09 PM
I guess im the only won who thinks that thought Paul George should have won. People need to remember that Evans had three dunks and, one out of the three were impressive. Paul did the vince carter dunk in the dark. In the dark.. That larry bird dunk is very diffcult dunk. As impressive as evans one dunk was. Geroge had three dunks that were very diffcult and maybe not as flashly but the diffculity level for Georeges dunks are far more higher. Thats why you cant leave it to fans to score the dunk contest.

SaimuKala
02-29-2012, 05:15 PM
that 360 windmill in the dark was NIIICEEE

mightymouse407
02-29-2012, 05:25 PM
The whole dunk contest sucked 3 ok dunks Evans 2ball dunk,George glow in the dark dunk,williams 360 4rm rubio. The NBA has to bring judges back u can't have fans pick the winner I'm kind of ok with having no eliminations cuz I know we have missed some awesome dunks in the past 4rm guys who got eliminated. But George has a right 2 be a lil sour

LA_Raiders
02-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Of course I'm biased, but the last dunk Paul did was harder than it looked. Hitting the bottom corner of the backboard and dunking on the other side of the rim is not easy. The glow in the dark dunk was the same thing that won Vince Carter the dunk contest back in the day and I don't understand why people don't think it was impressive at all. I'm also wondering how many more people can jump over Roy Hibbert and Dahntay Jones even using your hand to push you over or whatever. Jeremy Evans actually did something similar when he jumped over Kevin Hart... Paul even said it himself, the dunk contest needs to be guys like LeBron and the other superstars of the league.

Agree...

championships
02-29-2012, 05:38 PM
He is right about one thing.

The Dunk contest is a joke these days. Want to watch a real contest, Go back and watch Jordan and D Wilkins go after it.

Raph12
02-29-2012, 05:41 PM
His 360-windmill dunk in the dark was nice... Very creative.

aztr0
02-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Paul George... I want to know wtf was he thinking trying to do the lights out dunk. The point of a dunk is to SEE it happen. When I can't see wtf is going on, how is that a good dunk? Regardless of whether he had glow in the dark stickers on his jersey and what not. I'm watching to watch the dunk the acrobatics of the dunk. Not spinning lights, I can go to a rave for that.

rhino17
02-29-2012, 06:05 PM
jeremy whoever got last place in my book, george has a right to be mad

northsider
02-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Honestly I thought the glow in the dark dunk was ****ing stupid cause I couldn't see ****.

Rego247
02-29-2012, 06:10 PM

Paul George isn't Vince Carter.

Tmath
02-29-2012, 06:15 PM
No one deserved to win that contest.

Hitman21
02-29-2012, 06:16 PM
I guess im the only won who thinks that thought Paul George should have won. People need to remember that Evans had three dunks and, one out of the three were impressive. Paul did the vince carter dunk in the dark. In the dark.. That larry bird dunk is very diffcult dunk. As impressive as evans one dunk was. Geroge had three dunks that were very diffcult and maybe not as flashly but the diffculity level for Georeges dunks are far more higher. Thats why you cant leave it to fans to score the dunk contest.

i hate the pacers with a passion. But i think paul george shoulda won

Rego247
02-29-2012, 06:30 PM
No one deserved to win that contest.

Agreed.

Hulk6
02-29-2012, 06:31 PM
tyler got last place in my book, george has a right to be mad

whos tyler?

310Casper
02-29-2012, 06:33 PM
the dunk contest and 3pt contest should be eliminated from all-star weekend. Its become a joke now.

It should just be the All Star game on sunday night and thats it.
Games resume on Tuesday.

IndyRealist
02-29-2012, 06:51 PM
3 attempts per round. No fan voting. I'd assume the lights out dunk was really impressive IN the arena

DChibes
02-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Overall the Dunk Contest SUCKED.

People like LeBron, Durant, Blake, Kobe, Dwight, and Wade need to stop this BS and get in the dunk contest.

And Paul George no one cares if you're mad about the contest because no one cares about the contest in the first place. Shut up and worry about the regular season, that thing you're getting paid for.

chris34
02-29-2012, 07:13 PM
If Lebron can get like 2 million for charity for the announcement, can't the NBA/TNT put up a 1 million dollar winner take all purse to get the real players in this thing??

theheatles
02-29-2012, 07:15 PM
griffin winning over javale last year let along griffin getting out of the 1st rd was a travesty

Havoc Wreaker
02-29-2012, 07:26 PM
John Wall should've won the Dunk contest for his dunks on the Soph. v Rookies game

FriedTofuz
02-29-2012, 11:34 PM
suck it up paul, you sad? then Demar derozan should have commited suicide by now. He got robbed twice.

KingOf215
03-01-2012, 02:06 AM
I say screw the dunk contest and have 1v1 exhibition games during Allstar weekend. I'd much rather see Cp3 vs D-Will, Rose vs Westbrook, or Kobe vs Lbj in a race to 21 than any dunk competition, 3pt contest, or pg circus act that answers nothing.

danniboi168
03-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Couldn't see **** on the no light dunk

BSardogan
03-01-2012, 08:51 AM
All the fans are bitter over the dunk contest too...

This

He woulda won if he was still 6'7". It's just not as impressive now that he's 6'10".

And this.

/thread?

Mcdoh
03-01-2012, 09:19 AM
i think some of the fans are also disappointed on the slam dunk contest...

ziglur
03-01-2012, 09:42 AM
I dont think he was talking about Birds dunking which he did on occasion. As far as Bird goes I cant think of anyone more deserving being saluted he was great didnt need to dunk since he could actually shoot the ball. I wouldnt worry about Evans winning , he needs to do well in something , he sure isnt setting the world on fire with his team. As far as dunking goes its wayyy overated. George is a much better player so who cares.

utl768
03-01-2012, 01:42 PM
F the stickers he shoulda dunked Larry bird

Raps08-09 Champ
03-01-2012, 01:45 PM
He didn't have the best dunk IMO. But yea, getting props(in this case, celebrities) without showing some skill is whack.

Like I've said before, no props unless you show more skill.

At least Evans showed some skill with dunking 2 balls.

He115ing
03-01-2012, 02:00 PM
like i predicted the dunk contest sucked and it will keep on sucking unless we get some big names involved.

PacersForLife
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
like i predicted the dunk contest sucked and it will keep on sucking unless we get some big names involved.

I understand where people are going with this. The thing I don't understand though, is that I think some of these superstars are just going to do past dunks and dunks that aren't even that creative. The guys in this year's contest were pretty creative and most of them haven't been done. Why should not having a big name take away from that?

Raps08-09 Champ
03-01-2012, 04:00 PM
I understand where people are going with this. The thing I don't understand though, is that I think some of these superstars are just going to do past dunks and dunks that aren't even that creative. The guys in this year's contest were pretty creative and most of them haven't been done. Why should not having a big name take away from that?

The only dunk really creative was the 2 ball alley oop.

PacersForLife
03-01-2012, 04:02 PM
The only dunk really creative was the 2 ball alley oop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eUOt8jb5J4 :shrug:

Raps08-09 Champ
03-01-2012, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eUOt8jb5J4 :shrug:

You said this year. That wasn't this year.

LRizzle
03-01-2012, 04:26 PM
griffin winning over javale last year let along griffin getting out of the 1st rd was a travesty

big time... such a joke. They had to get him into the final round or else KIA would've lost it's 5 minute commercial. with him jumping sort of over the hood, it was paying the NBA for. It was so obvious that was all planned.