PDA

View Full Version : Woj: If Boston Big 3 Broken Up, Paul Pierce Most Likely To Be Traded

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 03:01 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/28/video-wojnarowski-talks-boston-big-three-trades/

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo was on NBC’s SportsTalk on Tuesday and one of the questions was about the Celtics — would they really break up the “big three” with a trade? Yes. Yes, they would.

Interestingly, Woj says that Pierce is the most likely to be moved, but we keep hearing there is interest in Rajon Rondo. Either way, don’t be shocked if Boston makes a move.

That makes sense, Boston has expirings of Allen (10M) and KG (21M), so Pierce from that aspect would be most likely to be traded.

Baller1
02-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Ray Allen on OKC. :drool:

ManRam
02-29-2012, 03:09 PM
I mean, besides Rondo, he could fetch the most in return. So that makes sense.

D12 fan
02-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Rondo for Evans/Thomphson

Evans
Allen
Pierce
KG
Thomphson

oak2455
02-29-2012, 03:15 PM
That waz some gay ****.....SMDH

5ass
02-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Plz come to the Clippers, come home Pierce baby, Ill suck yo dick man

man i got these cheeseburgers man

jmoney85
02-29-2012, 03:19 PM

lol

jimbobjarree
02-29-2012, 03:21 PM
shame, I thought PP would be a Celtic for life

Venomous88
02-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Imagine the fallout between Pierce and the Celtics. I know Pierce has talked about playing overseas after his NBA career, but he has made it clear he wants to retire with the Celtics. Besides Pierce, I'm trying to think of other players which are basically untraceable just because they have become that historical franchise figure because of their extensive careers with that single franchise. There is not to many.

Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Paul Pierce
Steve Nash
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Durant

Just a handful of players. I think Boston shouldn't even have Pierce in the conversation of trading. It's disrespectful, no matter how much his contract is. He's still producing at a star level and they can get just as much for Rondo or KG (because of his contract). I understand preparing for this upcoming off season, but they still will have cap room to sign a big free agent.

Yunqn
02-29-2012, 03:24 PM
i have NO idea where this guy would land.. the pnly team i can see that can offer to take on his contract and give picks is indy and it makes sense with bird being a celtic himself. but paul george & danny granger are both small fowards and pierce cant play the 2.. it wouldve made alot of sense if granger wasnt there...but..he is..

any ideas?

Yunqn
02-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Imagine the fallout between Pierce and the Celtics. I know Pierce has talked about playing overseas after his NBA career, but he has made it clear he wants to retire with the Celtics. Besides Pierce, I'm trying to think of other players which are basically untraceable just because they have become that historical franchise figure because of their extensive careers with that single franchise. There is not to many.

Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Paul Pierce
Steve Nash
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Durant

Just a handful of players. I think Boston shouldn't even have Pierce in the conversation of trading. It's disrespectful, no matter how much his contract is. He's still producing at a star level and they can get just as much for Rondo or KG (because of his contract). I understand preparing for this upcoming off season, but they still will have cap room to sign a big free agent.

i dont think he would be traded.. it think rondo will be dealt and allen & garnett arent going to be resigned and they would let pierce be the leader for the next group for 2 years and thats it.. pierce can still be effective..now if they think they can pair deron & dwight thats a diff story.. but pierce moving seems unlikely..

Ezio
02-29-2012, 03:31 PM
I want Ray Allen on the Bulls :drool:

PAOboston
02-29-2012, 03:34 PM

Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Paul Pierce
Steve Nash
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Durant

hogwash.

if pierce can get the celtics some young pieces and/or draft picks, they should make the deal. the c's are going into rebuilding mode. i'm not exactly sure pierce would like to be stuck on a cellar dwellar team for the next 2 years. he's already gone through that once. he's still a good player and i'm sure he'd help out a team trying to make a push in the playoffs.

it's the name in front of the jersey that matters, not the back. if trading pierce helps provide a better future and a quicker rebuild for the c's, ainge should (and will) do it. pierce will always be considered one of the great c's, will go into the HOF as a celtic, and will get his number retired in the rafters. trading him now wotn change any of that.

Yunqn
02-29-2012, 03:44 PM
i might get bashed for this but would this be good for the celtics ?

paul pierce & ray allen to washington
nick young , jordan crawford , rashard lewis & washington's 1st(Worst record) to boston

the thinking would be that boston gets a young prospect(no pun) a potiential top 5 pick & a amnesty candidate which you didnt have in pierce..

that would mean the celtics would have 48.6 million cleared in cap space between lewis,garnett & oneal just this offseason.. who knows maybe package rondo & young for deron to play dwights hand and the celtics would STILL have a great draft pick.. something they wouldnt get for pierce..

i actually like the deal.. celtics get alot from pierce.. & washington gets the vet presence they long needed .. ray allen can still play at this level for 3-4 more years and it gives wall a better running mate and two guys who can change wall & mcgee especially if joined by the right coach..they also might lose young for nothing and they get rid of lewis' contract early.. imo this would change the wizards alot..they would need a pf and then you never know..but it would be really interesting

edit: almost forgot bobcats existence lol wasahington has te 2nd worst record

Gators123
02-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Is it time to stop calling them the big three?

sjbirds
02-29-2012, 03:48 PM

Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Paul Pierce
Steve NashTim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Durant

Not just a sun he played for the mavs... if jordan can wear another jersey so can pp...

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Bynum + Blake + McRoberts + Ebanks + Goudelock + Morris + 1st round pick for Pierce, Rondo and Bass.

Yunqn
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Bynum + Blake + McRoberts + Ebanks + Goudelock + Morris + 1st round pick for Pierce, Rondo and Bass.

exchange bass for oneal and i think it becomes a better deal

just unlikely to see l.a giveup half of their roster.. l.a would be the celtics in 3 years with rondo looking like the only future piece lol doubt l.a would like that.

Giraffes Rule
02-29-2012, 03:59 PM
He's paid what he's worth and he's the best player they have. Makes sense that he'd be the first to go to improve the team for the future.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 04:00 PM
exchange bass for oneal and i think it becomes a better deal

just unlikely to see l.a giveup half of their roster.. l.a would be the celtics in 3 years with rondo looking like the only future piece lol doubt l.a would like that.

A potential future franchise player that has been a Dwight Howard trade chip?

If that's the case and we take JO instead of Bass, then Lakers take out either Goudelock or that 1st rounder from the trade package.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-29-2012, 04:03 PM
I liked Corey's idea the most that he put up in the Celtics forum. This is what his idea was...

Rondo to the Kings for Jimmer, Honeycutt and their draft pick this year (unprotected). Allen to whoever will give a first rounder or young player. Let KG expire. Trade Pierce to the highest bigger, or amnesty him in the offseason.

The Celtics become a lottery team, so they'll have two top-10 picks, plus the clippers pick, plus whatever you get for Allen/Pierce.

Draft the best available player at each of the two lottery slots, and go into the season with at least Jimmer, Avery Bradley, the two lottery picks, jujuan johnson, honeycutt, the clippers draft pick, and whatever you get for Pierce+Allen.

Lottery for two more years, and you're ready to compete when the Heat and Bulls are at the end of their run in the East.

Done.

AceMan
02-29-2012, 04:07 PM
What about this 4 teamer:

Lakers get: Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson

Magic get: Pau Gasol, Rajon Rondo, Craig Brackins

Celtics get: Andrew Bynum, Evan Turner

76ers get: Paul Pierce, Luke Walton.

The Magic get Rondo, Gasol and Brackins (and get to dump the Hedo contract) for Dwight and Jameer, I don't see how they could get a better deal then that. The Lakers get Dwight, and since they're giving up both Gasol and Bynum they get Jameer back and they get to dump Luke Walton's contract. The Celtics get to rebuild around Andrew Bynum, Evan Turner and their big cap space. The 76ers give up a former #2 overall pick who still has promise and pay the Luke Walton contract tax for Paul Pierce and essentially a legitimate shot to compete this year. Could the 76ers win the east with Pierce, Iggy, Hawes, Thad, Louis Williams, Jrue, Elton Brand, Vucevic and Meeks? Very possible. There may need to be some picks and smaller contracts moved into this (the trade machine was ****ing up), but I think the base of this deal is good for everyone.

sb123
02-29-2012, 04:09 PM
If Celtics are creative they can move all their guys for good currency from leading teams.

Rondo and Pierce to the Lakers for Bynum, Trash and 2 number 1. Lakers do it cuz with that team they can win it all.

Garnett to Philly/San Antonio/Orlando for some Trash and 2 #1.

Ray Allen to Miami for Norris Cole and a #1.

Celtics can then package those picks for this year and next year draft and build around Bynum, Green, Avery.........

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Plz come to the Clippers, come home Pierce baby, Ill suck yo dick man

Is that what Neil Osheiy and Sterling did to David Stern to get CP3? :p

Sinestro
02-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Would hate for that to happen to Pierce but it must be done

AceMan
02-29-2012, 04:22 PM
The simplest solution is to trade each of their big four to teams with young guys and expiring contracts (or just youngish guys with big contracts).

Rondo for Bynum

Pierce for Felton and Batum

Garnett for Beasley, Pekovic and Anthony Randolph

Ray Allen for Randy Foye, Eric Bledsoe and Brian Cook

They let Foye, Cook, Felton and maybe Beasley and Randolph (depending on what they ask for) and they have a young core of Bynum-Bledsoe-Batum-Pekovic and a ton of cap flexibility. It's not great, but at least they'd be getting some young talent for everybody without hurting their cap situation. You also have the nice stories of KG going back to Minnesota, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce competing in the west, and Rondo finally giving the Lakers a point guard.

justinnum1
02-29-2012, 04:24 PM
The simplest solution is to trade each of their big four to teams with young guys and expiring contracts (or just youngish guys with big contracts).

Rondo for Bynum

Pierce for Felton and Batum

Garnett for Beasley, Pekovic and Anthony Randolph

Ray Allen for Randy Foye, Eric Bledsoe and Brian Cook

They let Foye, Cook, Felton and maybe Beasley and Randolph (depending on what they ask for) and they have a young core of Bynum-Bledsoe-Batum-Pekovic and a ton of cap flexibility. It's not great, but at least they'd be getting some young talent for everybody without hurting their cap situation. You also have the nice stories of KG going back to Minnesota, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce competing in the west, and Rondo finally giving the Lakers a point guard.
everyone of those trades suck

Yunqn
02-29-2012, 04:24 PM
If Celtics are creative they can move all their guys for good currency from leading teams.

Rondo and Pierce to the Lakers for Bynum, Trash and 2 number 1. Lakers do it cuz with that team they can win it all.

Garnett to Philly/San Antonio/Orlando for some Trash and 2 #1.

Ray Allen to Miami for Norris Cole and a #1.

Celtics can then package those picks for this year and next year draft and build around Bynum, Green, Avery.........

idk how thats creative at all.. green & avery are nothing but role players.. far from core guys.. and next years draft has to be the most overrated draft in a long time..

drummond might stay.. barnes is a bust, rivers is a chucker who cant run the 1 or play the 2 in the nba..and sullinger is glen davis with no jumping ability,skill in the post & no footwork and is around 6'8... the only lock is davis..robinson is good lamb is good but none of these guys are GREAT..

Lim
02-29-2012, 04:28 PM
its a tough spot for the Cs management. PP has stated he wants to retire a Celtic, I'm sure most fans would want to see him retire a Celtic, but it doesn't make much sense to keep him on a rebuilding squad.

AceMan
02-29-2012, 04:32 PM
everyone of those trades suck

care to explain? This isn't the big 3 in their prime. KG and Ray Allen don't exactly have a ton of value at this point in their careers, at least trade wise. Wouldn't it be better for the Celtics to get something for them rather than just let their contracts expire? As for Pierce, they could easily hold onto him, but if they want to get some cap relief and a nice young piece they can. Rondo for Bynum is just because they seem dead set on getting rid of Rondo, if that's the case why not get an all star center for him.

nastynati
02-29-2012, 04:36 PM
The Celtics have issues with Rondo. A lot of people think they rebuild around them over the next 5 years... I think he goes.. Paul goes and comes back in 2-3 years to retire as a C. Danny tries to lure someone to play in Boston this summer (CELTICS NEVER SIGN BIG NAME FA's) ..
Dream world:
PG: Rondo
SG: Allen
SF: PP
PF: KG
C: D12

Reality: stockpile draft picks and hope for lotto success.

Corey
02-29-2012, 04:37 PM

Evans
Allen
Pierce
KG
Thomphson

A thread about Pierce being traded, and you make a Rondo trade offer..Solid

Punk
02-29-2012, 04:38 PM
I'd like to see Pierce traded to Dallas. Not sure what they have to offer back and I could see Rondo being traded to Portland.

Corey
02-29-2012, 04:40 PM
I liked Corey's idea the most that he put up in the Celtics forum. This is what his idea was...

Thanks.

For those that didn't see:

Rondo to the Kings for Jimmer, Honeycutt and their draft pick this year (unprotected). Allen to whoever will give a first rounder or young player. Let KG expire. Trade Pierce to the highest bigger, or amnesty him in the offseason.

The Celtics become a lottery team, so they'll have two top-10 picks, plus the clippers pick, plus whatever you get for Allen/Pierce.

Draft the best available player at each of the two lottery slots, and go into the season with at least Jimmer, Avery Bradley, the two lottery picks, jujuan johnson, honeycutt, the clippers draft pick, and whatever you get for Pierce+Allen.

Lottery for two more years, and you're ready to compete when the Heat and Bulls are at the end of their run in the East.

Done.

C_Mund
02-29-2012, 04:41 PM

Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Paul Pierce
Steve Nash
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Durant

I agree with this. At what point is it worth putting off the rebuild for one more year? This team is going to have to start over again so why would they trade one of the best and most loyal players in the teams' storied history? Just to make sure they compete in the first round? Brutal.
Pierce should never wear another NBA uniform other than Boston

Yunqn
02-29-2012, 04:45 PM
A potential future franchise player that has been a Dwight Howard trade chip?

If that's the case and we take JO instead of Bass, then Lakers take out either Goudelock or that 1st rounder from the trade package.

i never said i didnt like the deal i just dont see l.a giving up that much.. and boston taking on contracts..bynum & pick should get you rajon & pierce and of course you have to match contracts but i dont see why would they want blake's contract instead would rather have walton's.. boston wants cap space to be creative again

bynum goudelock mcroberts barnes & 1st for rondo & pierce and a wink wink deal with the tpe for bass..it clears a ton of cap for boston..

l.a could then pursue kaman if bought out..and i think he would pick l.a over miami because of revenge for the clippers and coming back to his home and plus he would be a starter..

l.a

rondo/blake
kobe/?morris?
pierce/mwp
gasol/bass/murphy
kaman/wallace/murphy

Chicagofaithful
02-29-2012, 04:45 PM

Evans
Allen
Pierce
KG
Thomphson

I would take Evans over rondo let alone evans and thompson

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 04:46 PM
i never said i didnt like the deal i just dont see l.a giving up that much.. and boston taking on contracts..bynum & pick should get you rajon & pierce and of course you have to match contracts but i dont see why would they want blake's contract instead would rather have walton's.. boston wants cap space to be creative again

bynum goudelock mcroberts barnes & 1st for rondo & pierce and a wink wink deal with the tpe for bass..it clears a ton of cap for boston..

l.a could then pursue kaman if bought out..and i think he would pick l.a over miami because of revenge for the clippers and coming back to his home and plus he would be a starter..

l.a

rondo/blake
kobe/?morris?
pierce/mwp
gasol/bass/murphy
kaman/wallace/murphy

Where do I sign? :)

Yunqn
02-29-2012, 04:52 PM
I'd like to see Pierce traded to Dallas. Not sure what they have to offer back and I could see Rondo being traded to Portland.

felton batum & 1st for rondo?

OC Knights #11
02-29-2012, 04:57 PM
The only players I want from Boston are Rondo and Allen.

Yunqn
02-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Where do I sign? :)

lol hopefully somewhere..

it makes alot of sense especially with kaman in limbo and he may want to persue a buyout if he can return to l.a and play for l.a and compete for the title.. but kaman would have to be bought out first for l.a's ownership to pull a deal on bynum and not have a replacement..they love him too much..

Lake_Show2416
02-29-2012, 05:15 PM
every small market team that thinks they're ready to take that big contending step should jump on getting Pierce, 3 years under contract for leader like that, without a question

Hurry up Wolves, the west is open

Yunqn
02-29-2012, 05:29 PM
every small market team that thinks they're ready to take that big contending step should jump on getting Pierce, 3 years under contract for leader like that, without a question

Hurry up Wolves, the west is open

so wouldnt do this deal?

to boston
derrick williams
michael beasley
wesley johnson
anthony randolph & brad miller's contract

to minnesota
ray allen
paul pierce
greg stiemsma
1st round

lol boston gets ALL the youth they want..

minnesota knows that wesley johnson,derrick williams & michael beasley are all small fowards and wesley might be a bust and beasley is always on the trade block.. the only hit they take is from williams but he doesnt even play..

when you think about it ..minnesota would be dumb not to do this deal..they get rid of a contract acquire a pick from a team that would post trade be a lottery team,get rid of a log jam at the 3, get the two best players in the deal and could boost minnesota into a top 5 seed out west..

rubio /ridnour
allen /barea/ellington
pierce /webster
love /tolliver/stiemsma
pekovic /millic/stiemsma

looks alot like bostons team with rubio having the same skill set as rondo but having a jumpshot and pekovic being like perkins but with scoring..

Baller1
02-29-2012, 05:45 PM
2012 first round draft pick + Aldrich + Jackson for Ray Allen and Avery Bradley? :shrug:

Mr_Amaziing
02-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Ray Allen on OKC. :drool:

This

:D

justjames
02-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Pierce should go down with the ship

Mr_Amaziing
02-29-2012, 06:19 PM
2012 first round draft pick + Aldrich + Jackson for Ray Allen and Avery Bradley? :shrug:

This makes the perfect sense

*BOSTON
Jackson replaces Bradley as a backup PG in Boston
Aldrich could easily become a starter n haves the same kind of game Perkins have ( White Perkins )
1st rounder in a good draft( best draft)

*OKC
Ray Allen will be a GREAT Spark off the bench, n would allow Harden to become a starter
Bradley becomes our backup PG who's cheap n very competitive (exactly what we love)

Sadds The Gr8
02-29-2012, 06:22 PM
I think Pierce stays and the other 2 are traded. Pierce will retire with Boston

samevans7
02-29-2012, 06:23 PM

The Magic get Rondo, Gasol and Brackins (and get to dump the Hedo contract) for Dwight and Jameer, I don't see how they could get a better deal then that. The Lakers get Dwight, and since they're giving up both Gasol and Bynum they get Jameer back and they get to dump Luke Walton's contract. The Celtics get to rebuild around Andrew Bynum, Evan Turner and their big cap space. The 76ers give up a former #2 overall pick who still has promise and pay the Luke Walton contract tax for Paul Pierce and essentially a legitimate shot to compete this year. Could the 76ers win the east with Pierce, Iggy, Hawes, Thad, Louis Williams, Jrue, Elton Brand, Vucevic and Meeks? Very possible. There may need to be some picks and smaller contracts moved into this (the trade machine was ****ing up), but I think the base of this deal is good for everyone.

this probably wouldnt ever happen, but this is one of the better Dwight trade proposals I've seen. Magic could get some 1sts as well

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-29-2012, 07:34 PM

Celtics are really high on Bradley. Don't see that happening. Maybe take Bradley out and the C's do it:shrug:

knicks=love
02-29-2012, 08:24 PM
as much as i hate boston, and pierce.. i really don't wanna see him get traded.

knicks=love
02-29-2012, 08:26 PM

not a bad deal, but i can't see the celtics dealing pierce to a divison rival

Ty Fast
02-29-2012, 09:31 PM
i think he would be the last of the big 3 to go cuz he's the only 1 under contract unless they are going to toatlly re-build

netsgiantsyanks
02-29-2012, 09:38 PM

the **** i need cheeseburgers for?