PDA

View Full Version : Atl offering Kirk Hinrich

Rocco007
02-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Decisions, decisions....What to do at PG?? :confused:

According to John Carroll of ESPN, the Lakers could acquire Kirk Hinrich by dealing rookie Darius Morris and a first-round pick to the Atlanta Hawks. This pick sent to Atlanta could be the one received in the Lamar Odom trade earlier this season via the Dallas Mavericks, or the Lakersí first-round pick

Hellcrooner
02-29-2012, 09:01 AM
make it the dallas pick,

pick hinrich.

USE Tpe in TWO bench players that can score.

keep gasol.

marferrer
02-29-2012, 09:03 AM
make it the dallas pick,

pick hinrich.

keep gasol.

Right on the money, sir!

raiderNlakerfan
02-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Next years first for hinrich

raiderNlakerfan
02-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Trade TPE for beasley

Capn kirk
Kobe
Beasley
Pau
Bynum

Zefflin
02-29-2012, 09:25 AM
aaaarrgghhhhhhhhh, what's gonna happen!!!!!!!!!!

raiderNlakerfan
02-29-2012, 09:32 AM
sweet trade!

throw in one of our 1st rounders this yea, and have minny throw in next years 1st

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ql4tt

DC Laker
02-29-2012, 09:45 AM
make it the dallas pick,

pick hinrich.

keep gasol.

That deal CAN NOT happen!

The Lakers can not take back MORE salary in a trade because they are over the cap. So trading Morris who makes less them $1 Million for a guy making $8 Million is impossible.

Especially if you want to keep the TPE to use for someone else.

The Lakers could trade the TPE for Hinrich, and toss in a pick.

Mave1002
02-29-2012, 09:45 AM
make it the dallas pick,

pick hinrich.

keep gasol.

AB17
Pau
Beasley
Kobe
Hinrich

TMurph
JMcR
MWP
MBarnes
Fish/Blake

Ebanks
Jkap
Glock

:clap:

HOLY TOLEDO
02-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Decisions, decisions....What to do at PG?? :confused:

According to John Carroll of ESPN, the Lakers could acquire Kirk Hinrich by dealing rookie Darius Morris and a first-round pick to the Atlanta Hawks. This pick sent to Atlanta could be the one received in the Lamar Odom trade earlier this season via the Dallas Mavericks, or the Lakersí first-round pick

I think it's safe to assume that if a draft pick were to go it would be ours, I don't see why Atlanta would be interested in a conditional pick from Dallas based on the number of years that are rumored to be tied to it.

IGS9144
02-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Good points be everybody. We probably need a younger and cheaper option.

Rocco007
02-29-2012, 10:22 AM
When you consider age, salary, skillset upside and what it would take to get him...
Sessions is still the best bang for the buck...
Calderon 30 and expensive...
Hinrich 31 and he's been stinking it up from the field again...
Rondo can't shoot..too expensive...and I don't want a Celtic period
Lowry is quality but you have to give up Gasol...and I think Gasol/Sessions may be a better deal than Scola/Lowry...
Felton I don't trust his confidence right now....if healthy he's younger DFish...

Tymathee
02-29-2012, 10:33 AM
stupid trade.

I'd rather get sessions, he's younger, takes less and hes playing better this year.

getting sessions and beas should be priority if possible. so we lose 2 1sts this year in a weak draft, HA who cares.

Hellcrooner
02-29-2012, 10:35 AM
stupid trade.

I'd rather get sessions, he's younger, takes less and hes playing better this year.

getting sessions and beas should be priority if possible. so we lose 2 1sts this year in a weak draft, HA who cares.

thats not what i have heard :confused:

lakers4sho
02-29-2012, 10:37 AM
ugh, kirk been sucking the whole year. but i'm doubtful that sessions is better than him. maybe he is? i haven't seen much of him.

Teeboy1487
02-29-2012, 10:39 AM
I would rather Felton.

Mcdoh
02-29-2012, 10:51 AM
i dont like this trade..i still think we can still develop morris or if not we can include him in a package with a better proposal from other teams..

Iron24th
02-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Kirk is playing poorly this season

The1ronHorse
02-29-2012, 11:27 AM
He is a slight improvement, but I think he would be a dissapointment if acquired. I want to see what Morris has, it's amazing what time and confidence can give a player. In the off-season we were talking about Ebanks being the starting SF and he hasn't received all of the time as expected. I don't know about Kirk, I see a lot better and more efficient moves out there.

Kaspa
02-29-2012, 11:37 AM
I would make that trade if we still ran the triangle..

That's when Hinrich would have been a perfect fit, now we need youth,speed,athleticism, the ability to break down the opponent off the dribble and penetrate the lane.

Is Hinrich an upgrade over what we have at pg??? sure...but what isn't???

Kaspa
02-29-2012, 11:39 AM
P.S. Hinrich is not what he used to be 3 years ago.

Kaspa
02-29-2012, 11:41 AM
I guess what I'm trying to say is...we don't need another player on the decline!

Iceman_9
02-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Kirk sucks so far.

Avenged
02-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Please provide the source next time.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-trade-rumors-adding-kirk-hinrich-a-possibility-for-the-lakers/2012/02/28/

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=7624012&_slug_=nba-five-trade-ideas-a-big-impact&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fstory%3fid%3d7624012%26_slug_%3dnba-five-trade-ideas-a-big-impact

robdizzle3
02-29-2012, 12:25 PM
It's a tough choice but it'd be Kirk.. Kirk has played on big stages and his track record is pretty good.. Though he's been struggling a bit he can knockdown open jumpers and he hounds you on the defensive end.. This is very interesting.. Though Nash is where I want us to go.

laker2dodger
02-29-2012, 12:59 PM
This would have been perfect 5 years ago

Hurricane H
02-29-2012, 01:00 PM
How long is Kirk's contract? Don't want to be stuck with him more than 2 years. If 2 years or less then we should go for it.

Marco22
02-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Sessions fits the Lakers style much more then Kirk. Lakers get a small foward who can shoot from the perimeter they are set. Sessions knows who to break down the defense.

Gritz
02-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Dumb AF, might as well do the same thing and get sessions

L@ker4Life
02-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Kirk would be great on the Defensive side and by spreading the floor, but he is not a true point. He's not very good at penetrating, creating for others, or finishing at the rim. I think we need someone who can create in order to save Kobe and get everyone involved.

Rocco007
02-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Please provide the source next time.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-trade-rumors-adding-kirk-hinrich-a-possibility-for-the-lakers/2012/02/28/

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=7624012&_slug_=nba-five-trade-ideas-a-big-impact&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fstory%3fid%3d7624012%26_slug_%3dnba-five-trade-ideas-a-big-impact

Isn't ESPN's John Carroll the source? :confused:

Avenged
02-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Isn't ESPN's John Carroll the source? :confused:

Yeah but you need to post the actual link that you got it from.

No worries, just for future reference.

Jenceman
02-29-2012, 01:53 PM
ugh, kirk been sucking the whole year. but i'm doubtful that sessions is better than him. maybe he is? i haven't seen much of him.

Just look at the stats. Sessions blows him away.

championships
02-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Pass.

fresh prince
02-29-2012, 02:07 PM

Neither guy is an ideal fit for this current team in my opinion. In a perfect world we need the following skill set from the incoming PG:

1. Plus speed/quickness
2. Someone who can create shots for others and get in the lane with dribble penetration
3. Can push tempo in transition/fast break (WE NEED EASY BUCKETS)
4. He can excel playing off the ball and knock down the open shot
5. A good on ball defender of quick PG's ( we have no such thing currently)

Of these 5 traits Sessions is only good at # 2 and that gets an * because most of his penetration comes off of pick and roll situations as opposed to just staring dudes down and then taking them off the bounce. The other 4 Sessions rates as average to below average. His mid range shot is solid but he is inconsistent from deep.

Hinrich on the other hand has 2 , 4 and 5 in his repertoire but he is so damm inconsistent with everything except for his Defense..

Some 4 and 5 star options are:

1. Kyle Lowry
2. Rondo
3. Jered Bayless
4. Johnny Flynn
5. Jarret Jack
6. Ray Felton

jsthornton7
02-29-2012, 02:17 PM
I dont like this trade, they should give us their 1st for taking on his salary.

dodgerfan87
02-29-2012, 02:22 PM
I would do the trade for Lowry and Scola

DisBeAliG
02-29-2012, 02:33 PM
No thanks. Hinrich is really not an improvement over Blake.

jonesyLakeShow
02-29-2012, 02:40 PM
When you consider age, salary, skillset upside and what it would take to get him...
Lowry is quality but you have to give up Gasol...and I think Gasol/Sessions may be a better deal than Scola/Lowry...
Felton I don't trust his confidence right now....if healthy he's younger DFish...

close thread the salaries dont even match,if we cant get calderon why would we be rumored to get kirk that basically has the same salary.and we shoudlnt be using a first rounder on an expiring contract .Thats a waste if u ask me .Now if they took luke walton and morris ,they could be getting that first :)

jonesyLakeShow
02-29-2012, 02:43 PM
That deal CAN NOT happen!

The Lakers can not take back MORE salary in a trade because they are over the cap. So trading Morris who makes less them $1 Million for a guy making $8 Million is impossible.

Especially if you want to keep the TPE to use for someone else.

The Lakers could trade the TPE for Hinrich, and toss in a pick.

No way should we use the tpe on hinrich,beasley or trade it to get dwight or dwill nothing else because that means pau still gets traded imo

We should trade pieces to get sessions and firdst rounder then tpe derrick williams and ridnour together or beasley

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Kirk Hinrich is garbage at this point of his career. We needed him 4-5 yrs ago. But not anymore. No thanks!

jonesyLakeShow
02-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Kirk is playing poorly this season

Would u guys trade pau for devin harris and milsap?

jsthornton7
02-29-2012, 02:48 PM

no way

lalalakerz09
02-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Too old.....Steve Blake 2 anyone?

Cano-Montero...
02-29-2012, 02:59 PM

yep....

It's Maaaaaagic
02-29-2012, 03:02 PM

good post

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't get this "I don't want any Celtics on my team".

Here's a history lesson for you. Bill Sharman, a former Celtic who formed the legendary backcourt there with Bob Cousy won multiple titles as a player (and beat the Lakers couple of times)...

And then he became the head coach and led the Lakers to their 1st NBA Championship in Los Angeles in 1972.

A Celtic became a Lakers Head Coach for LA's 1st title win.

Rick Fox and Brian Shaw were former players for Boston who ended up becoming a part of the Lakers 3peat teams in the early 2000s.

Now what?

jonesyLakeShow
02-29-2012, 03:08 PM
no way

why not?? just curious or ur just saying no...They both are still in there 20's milsap a great rebounder harris a good defender and would fit this team better than any point guard if u ask me with his great vision and driving ability.35 percent from three and a 70 percent free throw scorer.
Milsap is a bit undersized but still a tough guy and only 27 they both make a little less together what pau makes .

Harris is only averaging 10 points a game this year but it could be the shortened season. Before this season he averages 16 points a game and 09 21 points a game .Milsap averages 16 points this year and 10 rebounds.I say its a good deal then we tpe beasley and we are young everyone in their 20's except bryant.

This team if intact in 3 years are all still under 32 and if kobe retires or what not a decent sg or a better bench could still be nice .U can say whatever u want but Kobe wont be here forever and our team isnt always great looking on paper look at 06.

Devin Harris------------------------sessions
Kobe Bryant------------------------Bryant
Michael beasley---------------------Beasley
Paul Milsap--------------------------Pau
Andrew Bynum my team beats your-Bynum

gocoachmike
02-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Still view Felton and Sessions as better long term options... They are also younger I believe.

jsthornton7
02-29-2012, 03:14 PM
i dont think that is enough for pau. he is an elite PF/C. throw in their 2 1st round picks and i would do it but devin harris is not very good and while i love millsap, we lose our biggest advantage, height. and if you can get sessions or felton, you are better than with harris and millsap

jonesyLakeShow
02-29-2012, 03:51 PM
i dont think that is enough for pau. he is an elite PF/C. throw in their 2 1st round picks and i would do it but devin harris is not very good and while i love millsap, we lose our biggest advantage, height. and if you can get sessions or felton, you are better than with harris and millsap

maybe better this year but with milsap and harris the whole team would be young besides kobe starting ,pau once in the playoffs disappears so i dont think sessions and pau is better .Sessions is a career bench player I dont see why we think he will solve our issues.We better keep blake if we get sessions

jsthornton7
02-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I think Pau is the type of player to play productively for a long time, he has never relied on athleticism to succeed.

Tree Rollins
02-29-2012, 04:14 PM
KirK Hinrich is HORRIBLE now. Injuries have taken their toll on him. he is barely an upgrade over Fisher that's a FACT.

Tree Rollins
02-29-2012, 04:15 PM
This isn't happening. NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE WOULD GIVE UP A 1ST ROUND PICK FOR HINRICH.

Hinrich isn't worth a 2nd rounder b/c of that salary. what a joke. Anyone who considers this doesn't even watch basketball.

jsthornton7
02-29-2012, 04:16 PM
exactly, they should give us a 1st for taking on that awful contract

Rocco007
02-29-2012, 04:22 PM
close thread the salaries dont even match,if we cant get calderon why would we be rumored to get kirk that basically has the same salary.and we shoudlnt be using a first rounder on an expiring contract .Thats a waste if u ask me .Now if they took luke walton and morris ,they could be getting that first :)

:no:

Salaries don't have to match..Thats what the TPE is for...it absorbs his salary...

jsthornton7
02-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA Reply Retweet Favorite ∑ Open
The Los Angeles Lakers have expressed interest in Kirk Hinrich, according to sources. No deal is imminent.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA Reply Retweet Favorite ∑ Open
The Los Angeles Lakers have expressed interest in Kirk Hinrich, according to sources. No deal is imminent.

:laugh:

This cracks me up everytime I see these words pertaining to the Lakers (not that I want Kirk Hinrich).

jsthornton7
02-29-2012, 07:58 PM
I'll tell you one thing tho, Chaz Buss is Imminent.

THETENXU
02-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Kirk hinrich.. wow

ohdouger
02-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Hinrich is an overpaid Blake...his best days are way behind him. No to the hell...

lakersfan01
02-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Absolutely no way, that trade offer is laughable. Kirk is grossly overpaid and sucks balls.

KillaInstinct24
02-29-2012, 09:48 PM
No thanks

Tree Rollins
02-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Who is the Hawks GM? This sounds like something Jim Buss would do..."uh, will you give us a 1st rounder for Luke Walton"..."no jim, i will not give you a 1st rounder for Luke Walton"..."ok, sorry, how about i give YOU lamar odom for a 1st rounder?"...."sure Jim, but it will be top 20 protected until the turn of the century"...."sounds like a deal to me. See Mitch, this is how its done"...."right Jim, great job. you're a regular Jerry West"

oballerc75
02-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Kirk hinrich ****IN sucks now believe me. i watch plenty of hawks games... if the lakers wouldnt take ok beasleys contract, what makes you think they would trade for hinrich? haha

midwestlaker75
02-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Supposedly this years draft is very deep, Especially if Harrison Barnes, Austin Rivers and Jared Sullinger comes out this year. While all of those players would be long gone by the time we would pick. But what it would do is push down some of the players that would go higher with out the underclassmen coming out. I think we need to keep at least one of those picks. Finding a way to make a deal for Sessions, Beasley and another bench player would be best. And we keep Pau at least through the season.

C-Style
03-01-2012, 03:44 AM
stupid trade.

Yes sir

Lakerfrk
03-01-2012, 04:51 AM
Ill take Hinrich... if they take Walton...

jsthornton7
03-01-2012, 04:57 AM
Ill take Hinrich... if they take Walton...

hey, theyll save roughly 4m lol

Lakerfrk
03-01-2012, 05:14 AM
Id do it.. Walton + Morris for Hinrich... done.