PDA

View Full Version : JKidd hinting at playing for nets next season

BallIsAll
02-29-2012, 02:43 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/kidd-considering-final-stop-with-nets

Before Jason Kidd signs a contract this summer, the 38-year-old said he’ll consider retirement.

But if the future Hall of Famer feels there’s enough in the tank, a final stop with the Brooklyn Nets is still a possibility.

“You can’t rule that out. You have to see what happens,” said Kidd, who will become a free agent at the end of the season. “First I want to make sure I want to continue playing. But we’ll see what happens here in Dallas. I wouldn’t mind staying here in Dallas if that opportunity presents itself.

“But if Brooklyn presents itself, we’ll see.”

Kidd, in his 18th season in the NBA, has missed 10 games in this lockout-shortened season because of injury and fatigue. He’s averaging a career-low 5.1 points per game, but said he’s using the regular season as a rehearsal for the playoffs. “I feel good,” he said. “The thing is you’re judged on the playoffs.”

Although Kidd said he isn’t ready for retirement – “not right now” – it’s clearly on his mind.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/pagetwo.html

With the Nets and Mavericks set to square off in Dallas, Jason Kidd talked to Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News about his former team, his future, and the point guard he'll be facing tonight. Here are the highlights:

A free-agent-to-be, Kidd says he'd like to remain a Maverick, but conceded that signing with the Brooklyn Nets this summer is also a possibility: "You can’t rule that out.... But we’ll see what happens here in Dallas. I wouldn’t mind staying here in Dallas if that opportunity presents itself. But if Brooklyn presents itself, we’ll see."
While Kidd doesn't think he's ready for retirement yet, he'll consider that option before signing anywhere this offseason.
Kidd again praised Deron Williams and reiterated that he'd enjoy backing up Williams in the future: "I know he’ll play 40 minutes so I can give him an eight-minute break. Wherever he ends up – whether it’s in Brooklyn or Dallas – that franchise has a great point guard."

PC
02-29-2012, 02:49 AM
IIRC Kidd and the Nets had a messy breakup. If he's over it, he would be a great backup for Deron. Both have good size so it wouldn't be very surprising to see them on the court at the same time either.

thekmp211
02-29-2012, 02:52 AM
IIRC Kidd and the Nets had a messy breakup. If he's over it, he would be a great backup for Deron. Both have good size so it wouldn't be very surprising to see them on the court at the same time either.

they did but i'm pretty sure everyone involved from the front office/coaching staff during that debacle is gone now. not sure it would matter as much, and i'm sure the fans would love to see him in a net jersey again. a lot has to happen before then for it to be possible though, i'd say.

YoungOne
02-29-2012, 07:31 AM
I think it's the right time for him to retire...

Chill_Will_24
02-29-2012, 08:13 AM
No better pace for him to retire. I would be so happy if Kidd came back. With all the fake promises that the Nets gave him of Brooklyn while he was here and it never came it would be awesome for him to finish his career there.

Greet
02-29-2012, 08:34 AM
I agree. When Jason Kidd hit that 3 to take the lead late in the 4th, I cracked a smile. I love Jason Kidd.

Zefflin
02-29-2012, 09:20 AM
I think it's the right time for him to retire...

I think he knows better than you.

benzni
02-29-2012, 09:28 AM
backup to deron... OK I would take him back

Zefflin
02-29-2012, 09:34 AM
backup to deron... OK I would take him back

Even at 39 he'll be able to start at point if dwill is at the SG, jesus imagine prime jkidd with dwill...wow

Rockice_8
02-29-2012, 09:38 AM
In the pregame interview Kidd said, "me and Deron are a package, and you can tell him that."

Expect a few other guys to follow suit if Brooklyn lands Dwight.

Zefflin
02-29-2012, 09:44 AM
In the pregame interview Kidd said, "me and Deron are a package, and you can tell him that."

Expect a few other guys to follow suit if Brooklyn lands Dwight.

!!!!!!!!!!

Redskins10
02-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Yeah, J-kidd better retire. He's garbage now.

waveycrockett
02-29-2012, 12:58 PM
LMAO at the Mavs who though he'd be recruiting DWill to Dallas. WAITTT!!!

waveycrockett
02-29-2012, 12:59 PM

Completely different regime from top to bottom. Whoever he had beef with is definitely gone.

Robbw241
02-29-2012, 01:00 PM
LMAO at the Mavs who though he'd be recruiting DWill to Dallas. WAITTT!!!

he probably is, but if that doesn't work I can see him coming back. Would be sweet.

AceMan
02-29-2012, 01:02 PM
We saw Chauncey and CP3 start together earlier this year, I could see the same thing with Deron and Kidd.

Chronz
02-29-2012, 01:20 PM
It would be awesome to watch him back up Deron. Perfect ending to his career

Meatmypet
02-29-2012, 01:30 PM

Different owner, different GM, different front office overall.

And the two main things he hated was how they regressed from being a championship contender to 8th seed playoff team to being a team "with a glass jaw" and the his arena never filled up or sold out, even when they were contending for a title.

Meatmypet
02-29-2012, 01:30 PM
We saw Chauncey and CP3 start together earlier this year, I could see the same thing with Deron and Kidd.

Chauncey's 33. Kidd's gonna turn 39 next season.

danniboi168
02-29-2012, 01:31 PM
great backup for deron.

Redskins10
02-29-2012, 01:34 PM
He should just retire for godsake.

ManRam
02-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Love Kidd, and he's an all-time great. Amazing all-around player, someone no one else in this league right now could emulate when Kidd was in his prime.

I'm not one to tell someone when it's time to stop, that's his decision. But he just isn't going to be much of an asset at all next year. He's got his ring, what more is there to play for? Unless NJ gets Dwight in FA (thus not losing Lopez, Morrow, Brooks etc.), keeps Deron, trades Lopez for some great role players, and they magically have a championship team, I don't get what he can gain by going back to NJ. It would be a good place to end it, but I think it's probably too late to bother.

But again, he should do what he wants, and if he's wanted, why not?

chitown85
02-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Love Kidd, and he's an all-time great. Amazing all-around player, someone no one else in this league right now could emulate when Kidd was in his prime.

I'm not one to tell someone when it's time to stop, that's his decision. But he just isn't going to be much of an asset at all next year. He's got his ring, what more is there to play for? Unless NJ gets Dwight in FA (thus not losing Lopez, Morrow, Brooks etc.), keeps Deron, trades Lopez for some great role players, and they magically have a championship team, I don't get what he can gain by going back to NJ. It would be a good place to end it, but I think it's probably too late to bother.

But again, he should do what he wants, and if he's wanted, why not?
This. Agree 100%.

arkanian215
02-29-2012, 01:54 PM

But again, he should do what he wants, and if he's wanted, why not?Do you think that Kidd will get into the HOF as a Mav or a Net? I think Kidd should have a taste for what Ratner put him through all those years in Jersey. Ratner only bought the team so he could move it to Brooklyn and make a quick buck off of it. I would love to see Kidd go out as a Net.

ManRam
02-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Do you think that Kidd will get into the HOF as a Mav or a Net? I think Kidd should have a taste for what Ratner put him through all those years in Jersey. Ratner only bought the team so he could move it to Brooklyn and make a quick buck off of it. I would love to see Kidd go out as a Net.

That's tough. Winning a ring in Dallas may sway it, but he played most of his prime outside of Dallas. If he played those years in PHX in NJ instead, then it would be NJ pretty easily, but 6 full seasons in NJ (I think) compared to 6 full seasons now in Dallas...that makes it tough.

But playing at age 39 on a bad NJ team isn't going to sway it in NJ's favor, if that's your question. If everything goes perfect for NJ and they land Dwight, keep Deron and fill out that roster, it would be worth it for him, and could positively impact his NJ legacy a good bit.

OC Knights #11
02-29-2012, 01:59 PM
No way he returns to New Jersey. If I was going into my 19th year in the league, why would I want to play for a team in the cellar of the eastern confrence?

JasonJohnHorn
02-29-2012, 04:48 PM

The break up may have been rough, but there is new ownership there, and a new location.

Though I think finishing with the team he was drafted by and won a title with is more fitting for his final season, but that's just me.

netsgiantsyanks
02-29-2012, 05:22 PM
No way he returns to New Jersey. If I was going into my 19th year in the league, why would I want to play for a team in the cellar of the eastern confrence?

:eyebrow: this is if they land dwight.

ThuglifeJ
02-29-2012, 05:39 PM
If NJ lands Dwight. Kidd, VC, Kmart should all sign with the Nets!

RJ if hes a FA too..