PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum

Slimsim
02-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Is LA ruining Bynum's career ? I Know he has 2 rings but Is Bynum talents going to waste in LA since he's like the 3rd option on Offense ? Can he be a offensive dominated center as a number 1 option like brook lopez/Dwight on another team ? Thoughts

Wes_Craven
02-29-2012, 12:20 AM
That Lakers team doesn't fit any good/dominant C(no paint space, lack of shooters).

That and he's playing with someone named Kobe Bryant....don't know if you heard of 'em?

310Casper
02-29-2012, 12:21 AM
He's definitely being limited by having Kobe and Pau ahead of him. Sure he'd have bigger #'s being the #1 option on a team, who wouldnt in the league though.

I'm sure he's fine with having 2 rings at the tender age of 24 with his whole career ahead of him. Kobe only has 3-4 years left in him, as long as Bynum continues getting 30+ minutes and getting his, he'll be fine.

Bullsfan22
02-29-2012, 12:24 AM
I think his prior injuries has ruined him more than him being a third option. I do agree that him being a third option on an above average team is wasting his talents.

If an all-star caliber pg can be had with a couple of athletic scoring wings it would be in the best interests of the Lakers to trade Pau.

Hellcrooner
02-29-2012, 12:24 AM
on the contrary, his "surgence" and him being the pet protegeee of the inept JIm Buss is killing the lakers.

Wake me up when he learns to get out of double teams btw :yawn:.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 12:26 AM
I think if there's a Wells Fargo or Bank of America right next to him, he could care less.

shep33
02-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Is LA ruining Bynum's career ? I Know he has 2 rings but Is Bynum talents going to waste in LA since he's like the 3rd option on Offense ? Can he be a offensive dominated center as a number 1 option like brook lopez/Dwight on another team ? Thoughts

He's an efficient scorer, great rebounder, and overall good defensive player. He's a monster in terms of his size.

If he's the primary big on the court for his team, I could see him averaging 22 and 15 or so. The guy is a great rebounder, he plays alongside Pau Gasol who averages 11 rpg, Bynum is averaging 13 rpg this year despite that.

He doesn't get nowhere near enough touches. I was watching Brook Lopez tonight, and he put up 27 shots against the Mavs. Bynum averages 12 shots a game. This equates to shots by other players, particularly Kobe. Yeah Kobe shoots quite a bit, and he does take looks away from Drew by doing so.

Sactown
02-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Idk how many more shot attempts he'd get!? But his looks would be much more difficult

shep33
02-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Idk how many more shot attempts he'd get!? But his looks would be much more difficult

I think his looks would be easier. Nobody on the Lakers can hit a 3, and nobody can get dribble penetration to get him an easy bucket.

Hellcrooner
02-29-2012, 12:29 AM
:yawn: wake me up too when he plays 82 games in a season, or when he no longer needs to wear that cyborg knee brace to avoid gettin injured.....or to be precisely MORE injured.

better yet wake me up when he doesnt need to infiltrate his knee each 30 days .

yeah, the wear and tear of being a first option wiht more responsabilitys and touches, thats what his knees need..... :rolleyes:

Slimsim
02-29-2012, 12:30 AM
He's an efficient scorer, great rebounder, and overall good defensive player. He's a monster in terms of his size.

If he's the primary big on the court for his team, I could see him averaging 22 and 15 or so. The guy is a great rebounder, he plays alongside Pau Gasol who averages 11 rpg, Bynum is averaging 13 rpg this year despite that.

He doesn't get nowhere near enough touches. I was watching Brook Lopez tonight, and he put up 27 shots against the Mavs. Bynum averages 12 shots a game. This equates to shots by other players, particularly Kobe. Yeah Kobe shoots quite a bit, and he does take looks away from Drew by doing so.

I think Bynum is underrated and he could dominate on the right team as a number 1 option

shep33
02-29-2012, 12:32 AM
I think Bynum is underrated and he could dominate on the right team as a number 1 option

Probably, if he stays healthy... which is the biggest thing for him.

But he's got the tools to do it. I blame Kobe a bit for taking shots away from him, but also he and Pau just clog the lanes up for each other. That's the bigger issue in my opinion. We have terrible spacing as a team, nobody can get dribble penetration, and we're the worst 3 point shooting team in the NBA. Teams just pack the paint against us.

5ass
02-29-2012, 12:33 AM
no, he cant be a number 1 option on offense on a contender

23dragonzord
02-29-2012, 12:36 AM
:yawn: wake me up too when he plays 82 games in a season, or when he no longer needs to wear that cyborg knee brace to avoid gettin injured.....or to be precisely MORE injured.

yeah, the wear and tear of being a first option wiht more responsabilitys and touches, thats what his knees need..... :rolleyes:

hes better than pau gasol, marc gasol, rubio, rudy fernandez, jose calderon, sergio rodriguez, and juan carlos navarro.

Hellcrooner
02-29-2012, 12:37 AM
hes better than pau gasol, marc gasol, rubio, rudy fernandez, jose calderon, sergio rodriguez, and juan carlos navarro.

nice attempt at baiting.

Teeboy1487
02-29-2012, 12:38 AM
I think he needs to further learn how to pass out of double teams but he is improving in that aspect. He's not going to be a dominant force offensively with this team as long as Kobe Bryant is here (there for non laker fans). Pau is the only one that actually feeds him great passes. Kobe eats first in LA and that just the way it is. Pau would be a more dominant force as well if he got more touches. I do think Kobe shoots entirely too much. Drew just needs to accept his role and play. Also stay healthy.

MagicBucsSox
02-29-2012, 12:39 AM

Lmao I love how u say he has two rings as if he were a key factor in getting the

But yes to answer your question. But the guy isn't durable

Iron24th
02-29-2012, 12:40 AM
nice attempt at baiting.

Baiting or not,he's right.

Hellcrooner
02-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Baiting or not,he's right.

regarding rudy fernandez and sergio rodriguez? yep.

:D

QUICKTRADE
02-29-2012, 12:47 AM
the kid will prosper in a team without superstar which hogs the ball. i respect kb but lakers will prosper more if he learns to share the ball. im a laker fans not an individual player.

Zefflin
02-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Being known as the 2nd best center in the league putting up career numbers after his first all star weekend with 2 rings and still improving...yeah, he's ruining his career in LA.

jsthornton7
02-29-2012, 12:57 AM
I think if there's a Wells Fargo or Bank of America right next to him, he could care less.

lmao

C_Mund
02-29-2012, 01:02 AM
I think his prior injuries has ruined him more than him being a third option. I do agree that him being a third option on an above average team is wasting his talents.

If an all-star caliber pg can be had with a couple of athletic scoring wings it would be in the best interests of the Lakers to trade Pau.

I agree with this. On the flip side, maybe it's been good for him to take on a limited role while he develops on account of his injuries. If he started out playing bigger minutes right off the bat would his body hold up throughout a career? It could be a Grant Hill kinda thing.... limited games at the start might prolong his playing days. Thoughts?

shep33
02-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Lmao I love how u say he has two rings as if he were a key factor in getting the

But yes to answer your question. But the guy isn't durable

This sums it up. If he can stay healthy, he's an absolute beast with a high ceiling.

uprightciti
02-29-2012, 01:13 AM
We all realize this is the era of top guys wanting to jump ship and go to a big market team but bynum should stay on la Lopez should stay on the nets and howard should stay on the magic. Those 3 r top 10 centers swapping them for one another plus young talent gets ur team no ware.the magic need a point guard the Lakers need a point guard the nets need a small forward. Why **** around with ur center position

xILLN355
02-29-2012, 01:38 AM

bynum is 1/64 spaniard

KingOf215
02-29-2012, 01:49 AM
I think the opposite... being in a large market like LA & playing with stars like Kobe & Pau kinda inflates his status & value.

PleaseBeNice
02-29-2012, 01:50 AM
Hahahaha brook lopez

PleaseBeNice
02-29-2012, 01:52 AM
i think the opposite... Being in a large market like la & playing with stars like kobe & pau kinda inflates his status & value.

+1

Aust
02-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Yes, his stats would be higher if he were the primary big man on a team(didn't have to share with Pau), and even higher if that team had a good PG.

He can't be the #1 offensive option on a contender, but how many centers are usually the #1 options on contenders?

All I can think of is Shaq. Dwight kind of, although he has alot of shooters with him and is very inconsistent as a #1 option in terms of scoring and FGA.

justjames
02-29-2012, 02:39 AM
Bynum's inability to deal with double teams is what is holding him back.

Hellcrooner
02-29-2012, 02:43 AM
bynum is 1/64 spaniard

Sergio Rodriguez ia 100/100 and he sucks.

Whats your point again?

sunsfan88
02-29-2012, 02:50 AM
If Bynum was the #1 scorer on a team, I dont think that team would be an above .500 team.

MickeyMgl
02-29-2012, 03:01 AM

They're actually helping his career. Bynum gets more post-up opportunities than either Gasol or Bryant, despite being less efficient than both. In that regard, he's at least the 2nd option, even if Gasol averages slightly more shots.

DerekRE_3
02-29-2012, 03:13 AM
I hope his career gets ruined. It deserves to be.

Raph12
02-29-2012, 03:59 AM
Actually it is the complete opposite... The Lakers offensive game plan allows Bynum to look better than he actually is. Both Pau and Kobe are better post options than Bynum, who puts up only 0.83PPP, shoots only 44% and turns the ball over 15% of the time in the post. In comparison, Kobe puts up 0.90PPP, shoots nearly the same percentage and turns it over much less. Pau is the best option of the three, he puts up 1.03PPP and shoots over 50% in the post... Yet Bynum has had 263 post plays run for him this season, while Kobe has had 189 post plays run for him and Pau has had only 177 post plays run for him.

The Lakers system is trying to make Bynum look better than he is by posting him up a lot, otherwise both Kobe and Pau are better options on the block. The only system that would be better for Bynum, is if they limit him to catch-and-finish and tell him to attack the glass.

naps
02-29-2012, 04:16 AM
YES if he stays healthy. NO if he keeps getting injured.

Thus far in his career he's been lucky since he hadn't been healthy enough yet has 2 rings under his name. He's finally healthy now (who knows for how long) and he clearly deserves to get a lot more looks. But when you play with a "me first" black-whole who takes all the shots it's a no-brainer that your talent will never be used to the full circle.

Jenceman
02-29-2012, 04:29 AM
I hope his career gets ruined. It deserves to be.

This is the Gerald Wallace thing ain't it?

Hellcrooner
02-29-2012, 04:36 AM
This is the Gerald Wallace thing ain't it?

No, its Bynum goign douchebag and telling cousins needs to leave Sacramento.

Seriously Drew has some maturity problems.

DerekRE_3
02-29-2012, 04:37 AM

Both wrong.

Wallace, Beasley, Barea. He's a worthless piece of garbage.

Chronz
02-29-2012, 05:14 AM

Coming from the guy who thinks and hopes Blake will resort to drugs and alcohol thus ruining his career.

Hellcrooner
02-29-2012, 05:34 AM
Coming from the guy who thinks and hopes Blake will resort to drugs and alcohol thus ruining his career.

?

what?

when have i said that?

I said that he reminds me of kemp, that like kemp he will have problems later on when his Athleticism is gone.

And i have stated that he wont go as down as kemp because he is not likely to go into drugs and alcohol.

Maybe i did not express myself clear in wichever post you read?

Hellcrooner
02-29-2012, 05:37 AM
^nvm , i see what post you are refering too.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=21140925&postcount=5

Look at it closely Chronz, im leaving it unedited so you can see it yourself

theres a - ( minus sign) before the prhase.

wich means

He reminds me of a kemp (- ( minus), the alcohol and drugs, hopefully)

MickeyMgl
02-29-2012, 06:14 AM

He can't handle the double teams he gets now. Heaven help him when the day comes that he's not playing with a Bryant and a Gasol.

MickeyMgl
02-29-2012, 06:25 AM
I think he needs to further learn how to pass out of double teams but he is improving in that aspect. He's not going to be a dominant force offensively with this team as long as Kobe Bryant is here (there for non laker fans). Pau is the only one that actually feeds him great passes. Kobe eats first in LA and that just the way it is. Pau would be a more dominant force as well if he got more touches. I do think Kobe shoots entirely too much. Drew just needs to accept his role and play. Also stay healthy.

Kobe leads the team with 5 assists per game. Is he passing it to everybody BUT Bynum? It's hard not to notice all the easy buckets Bryant gets for Bynum with lob passes.

DaLakerz Rulz
02-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Both wrong.

Wallace, Beasley, Barea. He's a worthless piece of garbage.

He may be a piece of garbage, but he sure isn't worthless :p

MickeyMgl
02-29-2012, 06:46 AM
if bynum was the #1 scorer on a team, i dont think that team would be an above .500 team.

+1

ldawg
02-29-2012, 07:44 AM
If Bynum was the #1 scorer on a team, I dont think that team would be an above .500 team. They would but just like any other Basketball team it depends on the other 12 players they put to play with him and the system run. Personally I think Orlando is a great fit for him. He needs a change of pace from La where the pressure is not so high to much spot light for his character.

Rockice_8
02-29-2012, 09:52 AM

Underrated? I don't think that's the case since quite a few people think he's hands down the second best C, if anything that's overrated. Bynum would struggle facing consistent double teams since that's never been thrown at him consistently. Lopez struggled for 2 years with the double team before he became more comfortable handling it. Expect the same growing pains to plague Bynum if he ever gets the chance to be a #1 option.

Right now he's efficient and plays solid D. I would think those areas would take a hit when trying to carry a team offensively. Honestly if LA really thought he could do it wouldn't they post him up more when their offense gets stagnant? Maybe they know something we don't.

LAKobeBryant
02-29-2012, 11:47 AM
No, he needs work on his footwork a easy double team will force a turnover 8 times out of 10

beasted86
02-29-2012, 12:10 PM

He will be just as "dominant" as Brook Lopez if he becomes the #1 option without substantial teammates. He just doesn't win you games in the end by himself. He's a 2nd option somewhere else, not a #1.

He is not a team player and doesn't know how to pass in when the double team comes, and he is still inconsistent on both ends... one night he's a 40 PPG monster, next night he's the 2nd coming of Dikembe Mutombo on the defensive end, and the 3rd night he is a low FG% chucking foul machine.

69centers
02-29-2012, 12:35 PM

Bynum's the only one who will ruin his own career with his health issues. I don't see him having a long career with how many problems arise with his knees.

If he was a #1 option on a team, he'd probably be out more games with more injuries from the extra wear and tear on offense.

sp1derm00
02-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Bynum would be much better if Fisher, Blake, Kobe, Barnes, Metta could hit a 3 consistently.

It's amazing to me how all of these players have noticed a significant dip in their three point shooting percentages this season. ALL of them. Blake is the only one "efficiently" shooting the 3, and it's still significantly lower than even last season.

Missing56&33
02-29-2012, 12:46 PM

From what I've seen this year, I'm going to have to say Yes, he can become a offensive dominate center in the league. He's worked hard to develop a offensive game. He's an all star now. The question now is can he stay healthy?

JordansBulls
03-03-2012, 08:13 PM

His injuries are. Once he can play a full season then we can talk about if LA is ruining his career.

smith&wesson
03-03-2012, 08:25 PM
He has 2 rings and was a core player in thoughs championship seasons. but in the playoffs he was usually injured so no LA isnt holding him back in any way.

Lost Art
03-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Anyone else notice Bynum's passing lately? He's getting better every game and has been throwing some REALLY nice passes out of the post lately. Watch out, he's getting better every game.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Anyone else notice Bynum's passing lately? He's getting better every game and has been throwing some REALLY nice passes out of the post lately. Watch out, he's getting better every game.

Exactly. He is learning how to play with routine double teams on the fly. So for people who are criticizing this part of his game, just give him time and he will eventually become a much more efficient passer.