PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Other Superstars Not Want to Play With Kobe Bryant

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Why do you think other superstars don't (and in the past didn't) want to play with Kobe Bryant despite having the most success of championships that not other current superstars have.

I'm sure many people here have differing opinions.

My guess would be that Kobe is from the previous generation, the no-nonsense 'I don't need to be catered to every single second' type of guy. Is it because Kobe would refuse to stroke the ego of these other superstars (aka Dwight)? He's not going to say something just to appease anyone obviously. He's very business like, not really the one to be joking and clowning around in practice and in the media.

What's your guys take?

Lakers + Giants
02-28-2012, 05:22 PM
What's the point when he's not gonna pass you the ball. There's also a pecking order according to him. . . so the next guy here would be the 4th option at best. ..

GiantsSwaGG
02-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Look at his assist totals...that should pretty much answer you question!

nickdymez
02-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Oh nooooo!!!!!!

b@llhog24
Guy's a douche really and now he's just old so the window for multiple ships isn't that wide anymore.

PhillyFaninLA
Kobe got Shaq traded, almost got himself traded, when the team is in a slump he whines more than the whinest child in world history, and he is a horrible human being. The only good thing about Kobe is his basketball game. And he acts like a victim and the world owes him.

The world would be better off if Kobe was never born, though the NBA may be less interesting.

The same lack of loyalty that got Shaq traded is why he is divorced. He is a consistent douche with no loyalty that is why superstars don't want to play with him.

Heediot
02-28-2012, 05:27 PM
It will vary according to individual. Different personalities and dispositions complement one another. A good match for Kobe would be a humble guy like DRose who would rather blend in behind the background instead of intentionally hog the spotlight. Kobe had made it well known that he wants to be ALPHA, not ALHPA-A to somebody else's ALPHA B. This might rub other super-stars the wrong way. Kobe isn't willing to yield and wants to be known as THE CATALYST for the winning culture. What he needs to realize is, he has had the most success when he trusted his teammates and when he doesn't force the issue in games.

Avenged
02-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Well a star backcourt player really wouldn't go well with Kobe which is why star bigs are the only ones who have won with Kobe.

I could understand a PG, SG, and maybe a SF not playing with Kobe simply because of their similarities in games.

I think this question is coming from the reports about Dwight not wanting to play with Kobe so I don't think what I said above fits but it's mostly because of Kobe's age AND the fact that he "eats first" regardless.

Gritz
02-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Cuz these young bucks like goofing around and he's probably an Ahole that just wants to win and that's all he cares about

Hawkeye15
Oh nooooo!!!!!!

haha, this

PhillyFaninLA
Also why would a Laker fan make this topic, don't you realize it will get people to look down at the Kobe lovers and Laker fans for defending him and bring out a whole lot of trolls. Also bring in people like me to honestly express there disdain for the guy while acknowledging his only good attribute and that is a game not anything that actually matters.

Celticsfan2007
02-28-2012, 05:29 PM
This thread makes no sense. Kobe has been surrounded by all stars his entire career.

Since the Lakers have been competing for championships since the day Kobe was drafted, its likely that they have not had the cap room to sign a big time FA, hence why they have traded for theirs.

Avenged
02-28-2012, 05:30 PM

4.9 :shrug: not bad since he's a Shooting Guard not a Point Guard.

He also has an assisting % of 27.4 (the 2nd highest in his career).

I don't think his assisting is the problem but rather his personality and maybe ego?

Longhornfan1234
02-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Every NBA player should want to play with lord Mamba.

Idk why James decided to play with Wade...SMH.

justinnum1
02-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Every NBA player should want to play with lord Mamba.

Idk why James decided to play with Wade...SMH.

Best sg in the league. Wasn't a tough choice...

BigBongTheory
02-28-2012, 05:37 PM

You don't have much of a case. His ast numbers are fairly good for a SG. He's averaging 4.9ast, while guys like Kevin Martin, are averaging 2.7ast.

Lake_Show2416
02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
there's never been an opportunity to play wit him really

....the jury is still out on Dwight, I dot believe anything from either side, I'm just gonna wait to see wut happens

310Casper
02-28-2012, 05:40 PM
As a huge kobe fan, i can even say I wouldnt want to play with him if I were an NBA superstar.

Kobe is single handedly going to bring his team down with him as his career begins to dwindle. The lakers will live and die by him. He's already made it clear that no one will take his place as #1 on the Lakers. Thats fine and all, but dont expect players like dwight and deron want to join you with that type of 'me first' mentality.

Plus, we already see how many passes the other two 7 footers get on his team. Kobe would rather shoot 40 foot circus shots than pass to them. Why would Dwight want to be a part of that? Cant blame him.

BigBongTheory
02-28-2012, 05:40 PM
This thread makes no sense. Kobe has been surrounded by all stars his entire career.

Since the Lakers have been competing for championships since the day Kobe was drafted, its likely that they have not had the cap room to sign a big time FA, hence why they have traded for theirs.

This. Pau loves Kobe, he's considered a star. :shrug:

Ano705
02-28-2012, 05:49 PM
He's known to be an arrogant douchebag of a teammate that has a reputation for not passing the ball. You look at other superstars and they don't have both of those characteristics. Lebron is cocky but a good teammate and racks up assists. Durant doesn't get assists but isnt a douchebag teammate.

AllKohn
02-28-2012, 05:49 PM
It's kind of an unsaid thing in the NBA-but Kobe smells really bad.
That's the real reason Shaq and Lamar Odem left.

Da Knicks
02-28-2012, 05:51 PM
EGO! Kobe is just not going to let another guy be the man on his team. Kobe has won and thinks that the way he plays is the only reason to it. Phil Jackson really made the offense around him just like he did Jordan and made it work. I would of loved to see Kobe on another team and see exactly what kind of player he would have being. I think he would of being Lebron, all the stats and accolades but no rings.

The simple fact that he starts games shooting when he has two seven footers that are very talented offensive players is enough proof. The game is played inside out, since Kobe doesnt drive the ball enough he should let those guys dominate inside and if they miss they have a chance at grabbing some rebounds. I can see why so many laker fans have turned on him over the years, i would go completely unwound if i had Bynum, Gasol on my team but had a sg shooting long jumpers!

Ty Fast
02-28-2012, 05:51 PM
cuz he's a rapist

PhillyFaninLA
02-28-2012, 05:52 PM
He's known to be an arrogant douchebag of a teammate that has a reputation for not passing the ball. You look at other superstars and they don't have both of those characteristics. Lebron is cocky but a good teammate and racks up assists. Durant doesn't get assists but isnt a douchebag teammate.

You do know that guards typically get more assists then forwards. Kobe is a guard and Durant a forward. Let me guess Dwight Howard has more blocks per game then Kobe but I'll acknowledge that centers are supposed to have more blocks maybe to make this comparison valid I should compare Kobe and Wade or Ellis.

When picking a player to make a comparison with use the same position or acknowledge when initially posting the typical differences in the positions.

BigBongTheory
02-28-2012, 05:52 PM

Could be a justifiable argument, most of the time I see him giving high-fives to teammates when they make the right play, when noone does it correctly, you have to be ugly, who doesn't like that? Professional sports isn't for *******. I can't have an honorable opinion on that because I obviously haven't spent the last 16 years in the lakers locker room to bundle up a conclusion.

3RDASYSTEM
02-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Watz so funny is a player having to wield his 'power' or ALPHA tag, any tru 'superstar' would never do that because they already know along with they peers...i keep telling PSD and sports people that he started fulltime 4yrs later into his career, wat tru superstar from BIRD/MAGIC/WILT/IVERSON/JORDAN/LEBRON/KG/STOCKTON/ALCINDOR and on and on had to wait 4yrs to start fulltime into they career? but i forget he got drafted with #1overall pick in 2000 draft according to PSD sources...media hype/marketplace superstar i agree with

Hawkeye15
02-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Watz so funny is a player having to wield his 'power' or ALPHA tag, any tru 'superstar' would never do that because they already know along with they peers...i keep telling PSD and sports people that he started fulltime 4yrs later into his career, wat tru superstar from BIRD/MAGIC/WILT/IVERSON/JORDAN/LEBRON/KG/STOCKTON/ALCINDOR and on and on had to wait 4yrs to start fulltime into they career? but i forget he got drafted with #1overall pick in 2000 draft according to PSD sources...media hype/marketplace superstar i agree with

I have zero idea what you just said.

BigBongTheory
02-28-2012, 06:09 PM

Bryant waited until his 4th season to be a fulltime starter? He played 26 minutes a game his 2nd year in the league, and the 3rd year into his career he played 38 mins per game. What classifies being a full-time player? 40 mins a game? Yeah, but I agree as well, Media hype dragged Bryant to 5th all-time in scoring. And keep on telling psd and sports people this, maybe this is why your still explaining.

P.S. That guy Aaron Rodgers in the football waited a whilez, he's pretty exzellint.

LAKobeBryant
02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
chris paul did, a lot other superstar want to but doesn't fit the lakers in terms on contract with kobe

Bruno
02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Kobe got Shaq traded, almost got himself traded, when the team is in a slump he whines more than the whinest child in world history, and he is a horrible human being. The only good thing about Kobe is his basketball game. And he acts like a victim and the world owes him.

The world would be better off if Kobe was never born, though the NBA may be less interesting.

The same lack of loyalty that got Shaq traded is why he is divorced. He is a consistent douche with no loyalty that is why superstars don't want to play with him.

:laugh2:

thanks for that.

PhillyFaninLA
02-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Bryant waited until his 4th season to be a fulltime starter? He played 26 minutes a game his 2nd year in the league, and the 3rd year into his career he played 38 mins per game. What classifies being a full-time player? 40 mins a game? Yeah, but I agree as well, Media hype dragged Bryant to 5th all-time in scoring. And keep on telling psd and sports people this, maybe this is why your still explaining.

P.S. That guy Aaron Rodgers in the football waited a whilez, he's pretty exzellint.

Not surprised someone with bong in there screen name needs this explained (of course someone being the self proclaimed smooth psd talker should talk smooth but somehow does not, notices bong in name again).

What classifies you as a starter is being on the court during the opening tip off, it has nothing to do with the number of minutes you play (edit, I assume since you said starter and player you mean starter in both occasions).

lpdunks8
02-28-2012, 06:23 PM

I'm not 100% sure what you're saying, but I'll just respond to a couple of things.

Interesting diverse list of players you have there. Jordan and Magic wielded big time "ALPHA tags". As a very young player, Magic got the FO to fire the coach. Jordan was so competitive he punched teammates in practice and Scott Burrell once said he had to practice very hard every time because Michael said he'd beat up anyone who didn't. Also, look at the Jerry Krause/Jordan dynamic.

Wait 4 years before starting full time? That is laughable. It's pretty easy to google stats, minutes played, all-star appearances, etc.

What does the 2000 NBA draft have to do with anything?

To the OP, Dwight wanting his own shine in New York means other superstars don't want to play with Kobe?

CP3 was livid (even looking at legal action) when the trade didn't go down. What other "evidence" do you have supporting your premise?

MagicHero3
02-28-2012, 06:24 PM
oh great, a kobe bashing thread.

b0nk
02-28-2012, 06:25 PM
yup. CP3 not being a Lakers. that's Kobe's fault
/sarcasm

lpdunks8
02-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Not surprised someone with bong in there screen name needs this explained (of course someone being the self proclaimed smooth psd talker should talk smooth but somehow does not, notices bong in name again).

What classifies you as a starter is being on the court during the opening tip off, it has nothing to do with the number of minutes you play (edit, I assume since you said starter and player you mean starter in both occasions).

Eddie Jones; my fav Laker at the time (a veteran and an all-star), started most of Kobe's first two years. Kobe started 50 out of 50 in the 3rd season (lockout shortened).

RCarlson85
02-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Because he's an arrogant and cocky *** hole who doesn't want to share the ball or the spotlight. Why would anyone want to play with someone like that? People talk about Lebron being cocky and arrogant, but that's not how he is on the court. Kobe is the same on/off the court. Lebron was willing to share the spotlight with Wade/Bosh and is a very unselfish player on the court as well.

PhillyFaninLA
02-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Eddie Jones; my fav Laker at the time (a veteran and an all-star), started most of Kobe's first two years. Kobe started 50 out of 50 in the 3rd season (lockout shortened).

This has absolutely zero to do with what you quoted. Did you read what you quoted or just click quote on a random post. Now if you quoted what I did and not what I said then your post here makes sense, but again this makes no sense in terms of what YOU quoted.

shep33
02-28-2012, 06:34 PM
I have to disagree. Kobe and CP3 wanted to play together. Jason Kidd, Melo, etc. have all stated that they'd like to play with him at some point in their careers. If Pau Gasol didn't want to play with Kobe he would've asked out, same with Bynum, same with Odom.

If this is about the Dwight situation, Stephen A. Smith and other reporters noted that Howard "wants to be Kobe Bryant", he's seriously interested in being the face of a big market franchise according to Stephen A. He wants to expand his personal label, which Proky can do. I mean, for anybody who's been to LA, Kobe owns the city, if D12 comes in he will not be viewed at the face of that franchise just yet.

If you ask former teammates of his they all seem to like him. Ariza, Caron Butler, Odom, etc.

I don't think he'd be fun to play with because he's so serious all the time, but if you want to win, why wouldn't you go play with Kobe?

ciaban
02-28-2012, 06:35 PM
i dont think there are many player that don't want to play with him now, i doubt cp3 gave two craps but stearn did i think at this point in kobe's career he is all about winning and doesn't need the ball if he can give it to someone else, I don't think that durrants numbers would go down playing with him now, however in the past he was a more selfish player something that is much less true now, and as far as his assist totals, kobe is a shooting gaurd not a point gaurd thats more fishers job, also after shaq left and before gasol/bynum arrived who was there to kick it out too? Furthermore was there anyone you would rather have the ball in last 4 minutes of the game during that time?

BigBongTheory
02-28-2012, 06:36 PM

Well, I'm glad you script your own life in play-by-play for me, ( BigBong notices PhillyFaninLA, and notices it again, looks down at feet, and then notices it again). I know what a starter in professional sports is, but thanks for reminding me. He became a full-time starter his 3rd season in the league, pardon me for being right the first time, in the fact that he didn't wait until his 4th year. Thanks for your time.

MU and UW Fan
02-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Best sg in the league. Wasn't a tough choice...

That SG that has made 1 out of 13 three pointers this season?

ciaban
02-28-2012, 06:44 PM
meta world peace was playing in houston and nearly punched kobe, and then in the off season he took a pay cut to come play with him, and the lakers dumped ariza

srekal
02-28-2012, 06:45 PM
because no one can out "alpha dog" Kobe. He has more passion, more dedication and fights through more than any player in the league. Howard... overrated lol. I've read a lot of bad things about Kobe from people that don't get to watch him every game. I'm sure Kobe is hard to get a long with but there are just as many stories about Jordan.

Point being, Kobe will make you angry but he will win throughout his career... more than any player in the league today. And ALL of you would want that.

Jazzgear
02-28-2012, 06:47 PM
What's the point when he's not gonna pass you the ball. There's also a pecking order according to him. . . so the next guy here would be the 4th option at best. ..

Sad to say, but I agree 100 percent. And I'm die hard Laker fan for 37 years now.

I'm a Laker fan and not necessarily a Kobe fan.

The Final Boss
02-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Because Bryant is an adult. Do you ever see immature kids hanging around with adults? No, they hangout with other immature kids. Wade, LoLebron, Anthony, Stoudemire, etc...

BigBongTheory
02-28-2012, 06:48 PM

:laugh: That is pretty funny.

Marco22
02-28-2012, 06:54 PM
I have watch the fans give Kobe all the credit and boost his status in the NBA. But without Pau who a lot of fans rag Kobe would not be in this high position. They call Kobe a franchise player would he be a frnchise player if Pau was not here? Now I see people ripping on Bynum saying he's not a good player Bynum needs a good supporting cast when Kobe leaves just like Pau carried him to Championship. Most Laker fans want to add a supporting cast to Dwight Howard,Deron Williams Franchise Players?)

albertc86
02-28-2012, 06:55 PM
First of all, what's your definition of superstar? Secondly, superstars prefer to be the sole face of their respective franchise with Miami being the obvious exception. Pointless thread. Just because Dwight isn't with the Lakers you jump to this conclusion?

JordansBulls
02-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Why do you think other superstars don't (and in the past didn't) want to play with Kobe Bryant despite having the most success of championships that not other current superstars have.

I'm sure many people here have differing opinions.

My guess would be that Kobe is from the previous generation, the no-nonsense 'I don't need to be catered to every single second' type of guy. Is it because Kobe would refuse to stroke the ego of these other superstars (aka Dwight)? He's not going to say something just to appease anyone obviously. He's very business like, not really the one to be joking and clowning around in practice and in the media.

What's your guys take?

Because they want the credit for winning a title as well.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Because they want the credit for winning a title as well.

So if Miami 3-Heat win the title, which one of them gets the credit?

Atticus Finch
02-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Didn't Howard say a year ago that the one player he wanted to play with the most was Kobe? And ever since the Lakers signed Shaq all those years ago they really haven't been big players in free agency, so I'm not sure when the scenario could have come up where a superstar had the choice to sign with the Lakers but decided he didn't want to play with Kobe.

NY007
02-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Honestly I think it's because Kobe is very demanding of his teamates, no bs kinda guy.. he just wants to win and will push himself and every player on the team to exhaustion. He will demand everything out of his players in practice much like Jordan did. NBA stars today aren't like that anymore, Kobe and Duncan are really the only 2 stars left from the previous generation.

People also think he's a dick, I really don't think thats the problem. I'd hate to break it to you but most stars in the NBA are dicks. I honestly believe they jus don't want to play with him cause he's not just gonna kiss their *** and say its ok, he's gonna tell them you ****ed up, something no star wants to hear.

BigBongTheory
02-28-2012, 07:11 PM
I have watch the fans give Kobe all the credit and boost his status in the NBA. But without Pau who a lot of fans rag Kobe would not be in this high position. They call Kobe a franchise player would he be a frnchise player if Pau was not here? Now I see people ripping on Bynum saying he's not a good player Bynum needs a good supporting cast when Kobe leaves just like Pau carried him to Championship. Most Laker fans want to add a supporting cast to Dwight Howard,Deron Williams Franchise Players?)

No player wins without a supporting cast around him.

justinnum1
02-28-2012, 07:17 PM

:facepalm: How pathetic you point to his 3pt shooting lol

xbrackattackx
02-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Best fouling sg In the league. Wasn't a tough choice...

Fixed.

KingPosey
02-28-2012, 07:22 PM

That's plenty for a SG imo.

p.s. Im not a Kobe fan.

justinnum1
02-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Fixed.

your really upset about that foul, huh?

Ethix11
02-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Arrogance isn't the best company.

amos1er
02-28-2012, 07:33 PM
What a bunch of haters you all are. Its honestly laughable at this point. Jealously seriously is the weakest human emotion. The green-eyes of jealousy are always prevalent here in the PSD NBA forum.

Fact: Kobe is the greatest winner since Jordan

Fact: Kobe has 5 rings and Lebron has ZERO!!!

Fact: Kobe is a top ten player of all time

Fact: Kobe when all is said and done will go down as a top 5 player of all time

Fact: Kobe is a top 3 scorer of all time

Fact: Kobe is a top 5 defender at the guard position of all time

Fact: Kobe has made more all-defensive NBA teams than any player in NBA history

Fact: Kobe is a top 5 closer or (clutch player) of all time

Fact: Jordan and the majority of NBA Hall of Fame players still say that Kobe is better than Lebron (maybe not this season or past season, but has been the best since 03-10)...and all will agree that he is much better in the clutch than anyone since Jordan.

Fact: Kobe didn't need to pair up with two other top ten players to chase a ring.

Fact: A prime Kobe would out ball Lebron James' *** up! It wouldn't even be close folks...Kobe has one of the best offensive games the NBA has ever seen, and is one of the best defenders the NBA has ever seen. All Lebron has on him is rebounding and assist stats which wouldn't do **** for him in a one on one match up. His stats that you all hold so dear have not translated into one ****ing ring, so what good are they? More assists, more rebounds...bla bla bla. Kobe is the far superior offensive player and defensive player...and is a proven winner.

Yes its true that Kobe isn't having his best season and is shooting a career low in fg%. But, he is still leading the league in scoring in his 16th season. Lets see where BSPN has Lebron ranked after 16 seasons. The fact that Kobe is as productive as he is after this many years is truly a testament to his greatness. If Lebron is still starting after 16 season, I will be surprised. Stop hating just because your franchise players don't match up to Kobe. Except the truth and you will be a better person for it. It makes me want to vomit at some of the foolish things I've seen posted in here. Just give Kobe his props, and move on. I guess people don't realize how bad they look when they are acting of complete jealousy. For shame. :facepalm:

BigBongTheory
02-28-2012, 07:35 PM

Shouldn't be, things happen. I respect Wade for coming out and apologizing even though he didn't have to.

I sent him a message. My apologies, unfortunately, it happened to him.

The Final Boss
02-28-2012, 07:35 PM
So if Miami 3-Heat win the title, which one of them gets the credit?

Pat Riley, the Lakers Capo.

NoahH
02-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Because he's a chucker, has a huge ego, wants to be #1 and does not want to be #1A and #1B.

However, he is a great player, top 10 all time.

Cfrey
02-28-2012, 07:44 PM

I just had to stop at post 6 and +1 this.

The truth people.

Chronz
02-28-2012, 07:48 PM
What proof is there that players dont want to play with him?

BigBongTheory
02-28-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't like defending Kobe all the time with these threads, but when I see some of the things being said, I can't help but be amazed sometimes. Superstars haven't came out and said I don't want to be on the Lakers because of Bryant. Dwight did just recently say, one of the few players he'd love to play with is none other than Kobe. Because the lakers don't bring in stars every year doesn't mean they don't want to play with the team because they decide to play elsewhere. Artest didn't care much for Kobe as an opponent, but took a paycut to join him. Pau certainly wouldn't look up to Kobe as his own family if he was such a person. Kobe has stuck up for his players all year long, and in years past. He's made his feelings known in the past regarding Odom trade speculation, He made his feelings known about Pau and brought it to the media's attention. Who know's what he's said behind closed doors. He's got his teams back, in no way is he what some of you describe him to be. Apparently he donated 5,000,000 to China after the Sichuan Earthquake, he's got over 5 charity foundations. The list goes on.

Spiggity_ace
02-28-2012, 08:02 PM
they fear a real man

Matrix3132
02-28-2012, 08:55 PM
What proof is there that players dont want to play with him?

Didn't bother to look up the links but every time there's a player's survey over the last 10 or so years, he's usually one of the top players in a question "who would you least like to have on your team"

ManRam
02-28-2012, 09:05 PM
he's not "fun"..and a lot of people want that

he's made it clear that it will be "his team" so long as he's there, and again, that's a turn off.

that's probably about it. but i don't think many have denied him. who lately has really had the chance? they've been tied up in cap since they got Pau. no FA has spurned them, and up until this year, they've had no need to trade for another one...

Chronz
02-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Didn't bother to look up the links but every time there's a player's survey over the last 10 or so years, he's usually one of the top players in a question "who would you least like to have on your team"

I have to think MJ was thought of in the same light

SportsAndrew25
02-28-2012, 10:08 PM
To make a long story short: Kobe is the Rick Ross of the Lakers and wants the ball to himself.

Trueblue2
02-28-2012, 10:16 PM

Right around 5 per game isn't that bad for a shooting guard...

Mr_Amaziing
02-28-2012, 10:44 PM
I wound love to see Iverson with Kobe

Then find a way to get Beasley

Pg- Iverson
Sg- Kobe
Sf- Beasley
Pf- Gasol
C- Bynum

That's a pretty dammm good team

knicksfan42
02-28-2012, 10:46 PM

This pretty much some it up.

CudiOnMyiPod
02-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Because they want to have more than 0 FGA per game.

LA_Raiders
02-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Because he is no side kick...

tr3ymill3r
02-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Cuz these young bucks like goofing around and he's probably an Ahole that just wants to win and that's all he cares about

This, eventually Derrick Rose will be lumped into the same type category.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-28-2012, 11:42 PM

Let's just say that that foul caused a concussion, and due to NBA rules, you have to be asymptomatic for 24 hrs. The man rarely misses a game, but because of your boy there, he's going to have to miss tomorrow.

LA_Raiders
02-28-2012, 11:55 PM
MJ = Kobe = Rose
(Great Players don't want "Super Stars" side kicks. They own the Team and they will let the "Super Stars" know before they come to town).

LakersA's49ers
02-28-2012, 11:58 PM
cuz other superstars dont wanna win. they wanna make money

Sactown
02-29-2012, 12:02 AM
4.9 :shrug: not bad since he's a Shooting Guard not a Point Guard.

He also has an assisting % of 27.4 (the 2nd highest in his career).

I don't think his assisting is the problem but rather his personality and maybe ego?

His 27 shots per game, along with his obnoxious ego, all tied to his history of ignoring play calls and just going rogue with the ball.. Also his willingness to blast you in the media even after you make an agreement not to...

showtime24
02-29-2012, 12:13 AM
cuz he's a rapist

still leaving in the past :facepalm:

showtime24
02-29-2012, 12:14 AM
MJ = Kobe = Rose
(Great Players don't want "Super Stars" side kicks. They own the Team and they will let the "Super Stars" know before they come to town).

This :clap:

KingOf215
02-29-2012, 12:36 AM
How many people do you know that would voluntarily dress as Robin for Halloween?

gwrighter
02-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Kobe's too old. He's going to decline soon and no 28 year old wants to sign a contract with a player who is going to depreciate in production soon. The best way to win a championship is to provide yourself with the biggest window & that is to pair up with another young star.

OaklandsFinest
02-29-2012, 01:13 AM
People don't want to play with Kobe for a variety of reasons. He's a disloyal snake (mamba is a fitting nickname) who has horrible shot selection. While people respect aspects of his game he is the worlds biggest doushe. He doesn't have the most success in regards to championships. If you look at what a player has done with his supporting cast, Duncan by far has done more with less on his team. 3 of his rings came while playing along side Shaq, against the Sixers, Nets, and Pacers. Those teams were feeble at best. Then after running the organization into the ground while demanding Shaq get traded, he *****ed and moaned that he had nobody to play with. If I was the lakers I would have moved Kobe and whatever else needed, for Tracy McGrady and the 1st round pick of the Magic. Lakers would have won probably 6 rings for Shaq.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-29-2012, 01:48 AM
I'm sorry, why are the Lakers one of Dwights teams? Why are they one of Derons teams? Why would Cp3 accept a trade to them? What "star" player has said they don't want to play with Kobe? Did I miss something?

Lidz
02-29-2012, 01:48 AM

Wow. While I don't agree that Wade is the best SG in the game because I think Kobe still is, you can't point out his 1 for 13 three point shooting this SEASON when Kobe shot just 1 of 10 from the FIELD in the FIRST HALF in the game against the Hawks a couple weeks ago.

TmacBryant
02-29-2012, 01:56 AM

I am pretty sure many superstars actually said they wanted to play with kobe.

off the top of my head cp3, tmac , D12, artest, etc

jerellh528
02-29-2012, 02:11 AM
Wait a second, Who all all these superstars that said they didnt want to play with kobe, and where is the link to them saying this?? or did I miss something? :confused::shrug:

tkshy
02-29-2012, 02:21 AM
Truth is (as a Laker fan) he was a liitle immature in the beginnig, and he is one of the few old school ballers. Like Jordan, Bird, Magic, Isiah, they didn't want the best on their team they wanted to compete and beat them. Look at how he is standing up for Gasol now, he knows he needs good players around him to beat Lebron, Wade, Durant, Dirk. I think he would much rather beat Lebron in the finals, rather than win one with him. Right or wrong, you can't hate his competitivness.

Aust
02-29-2012, 02:22 AM
Hate when threads like these are created by Laker fans.

But maybe it's that fat contract he shouldn't have got. Kobe deserves big money, but his contract puts us in many bad positions

jerellh528
02-29-2012, 02:29 AM
Its going to be a sad day in basketball, and a dull time in this forum when kobe retires.

GarnGP3
02-29-2012, 02:34 AM
cuz he wants all the spotlight. I still think dwight will end up in LA though :)

naps
02-29-2012, 03:18 AM
Because he's been the most selfish superstar on the planet and probably in the history of the game. A guy who's leading the league in FGA in his 16th year when he has the best front-line pair in the league who are allstars and pretty efficient tells you something. Lakers are a much better team when Kobe involves his star teammates but he doesn't do it often and the team loses a lot of matches because of his "me first mentality." I am sure the rational Lakers fans and 99% neutral fans see this. And history doesn't give a sweet story of other stars/superstars pairing with him. He got Shaq traded and ended the most dynamic era of Lakers franchise since Magic-Kareem days. Had Shaq not been traded, LA probably would have won a couple more but Kobe took the chance because he knew LA would prefer a 25 year old superstar guard over a 32 year old Shaq. And then his whining and wanting to be traded when the team hit the bottom is a big question mark over his loyalty. Gasol is being shopped currently (as reported) even though his arrival made the Lakers the best team in the league that went to finals 3 times in a row ending up with 2 ships. Gasol isn't the problem and if Kobe disapproves LA won't be shopping Gasol now. Buss family knows Kobe still makes them millions and Kobe knows they still have no better choice than him in terms of making millions, so they are still making him happy that started with Shaq trade. And finally, Dwight Howard isn't willing to play with Kobe anymore after the reported call from Kobe that cleared Howard can only dream about being the #1 option in the team as long as Kobe is there.

Now why would another superstar want to play with him after knowing all of the above and more and more?

Rego247
02-29-2012, 03:22 AM
cuz Kobe eats first.

naps
02-29-2012, 03:28 AM

Good post. I agree with this full-heartedly.

abe_froman
02-29-2012, 03:33 AM
op i get that your upset that howard has cooled on la(your name).but just cuz he doesnt does not mean no one wants to play with him(even though the deal was stopped.cp3 was fine going there wasnt he?)

Raph12
02-29-2012, 04:07 AM
Maybe his willingness to share the spotlight? :shrug:

lpdunks8
02-29-2012, 11:00 AM
I find it so funny that there are so many answers to the OP's post when his premise has not even been proven.

Hellcrooner
02-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Truth is (as a Laker fan) he was a liitle immature in the beginnig, and he is one of the few old school ballers. Like Jordan, Bird, Magic, Isiah, they didn't want the best on their team they wanted to compete and beat them. Look at how he is standing up for Gasol now, he knows he needs good players around him to beat Lebron, Wade, Durant, Dirk. I think he would much rather beat Lebron in the finals, rather than win one with him. Right or wrong, you can't hate his competitivness.

1 if he was really standing up he would have gone to mitch and told him.
the moment pau is out im asking for a trade ( specially if traded for a pair of role players like lowry and scola)

2 he should be hoping for pau to stay because pau is actually One out of only four "stars" in the league tht is humble enough, team first oriented to accept kobe chucking double the amount of shots than them, and not allowing them to sniff the ball in fourth quarters, the other three are old and washed up, steve, tim, jason.....so go figure.

Hellcrooner
02-29-2012, 11:23 AM
he's not "fun"..and a lot of people want that

he's made it clear that it will be "his team" so long as he's there, and again, that's a turn off.

that's probably about it. but i don't think many have denied him. who lately has really had the chance? they've been tied up in cap since they got Pau. no FA has spurned them, and up until this year, they've had no need to trade for another one...

several old stars have accepted mle deals or lower deals or even minimum deals somwhere else and have ditched lakers all these years.

he ran shaq out of town ( im not resingin till he is traded and i may be going to clippers!!!! wich actually pushed lakers to take a worst dealt that wich they would have gotten had they waited more to make it, even wait to deadline next eyar)

he quarreled and ran out Malone too ( not a surprise douche + douche....not the best combo).

Hellcrooner
02-29-2012, 11:27 AM
i cant even imagine what would have happened if the league would have given the 2010 finals mvp to Pau ( or even artesst because of game 7).

he would have probably either go poublic wanting out or demmand for pau ( or artest) to be traded.

game after game, when he is being outscored by a teamate at the hafl, unavoidibly in the second half the ball stops going to that player and kobe shoots as much as he needs so he is teh top scorer adn the win is credited to him ( wich many times leads to a defeat btw)-.

not many stars will mesh with a personality like that.

johnwayne
02-29-2012, 11:30 AM
kobe is old school, no bull **** no actin like a clown, arrogant just like mj was, kobes actually one of my favorite personalities in the league....howard, james, melo and wad are all overgrown children who look 30 but are like 16 mentally.....kobe, rose, and durant are all bussiness while those other clowns i mentioned are all pleasure

AntiG
02-29-2012, 11:30 AM
He's known to be an arrogant douchebag of a teammate that has a reputation for not passing the ball. You look at other superstars and they don't have both of those characteristics.
Michael Jordan was exactly like this too, but I agree, Kobe is an arrogant douchebag of a teammate.

celtNYpatsHeels
02-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Kobe has played with Shaq, gasol, bynum, artest, fox, horry, malone, payton, van exel, rodman, rice, eddie jones, sally, odom, caron butler

3RDASYSTEM
02-29-2012, 12:08 PM
So BIGBONG 7ppg 15ppg 22ppg and then 28ppg(fulltime starter)....from a so called top 5 player of alltime in history of game? now you and HAWKEYE15 go and look at those other players that i listed and look at they stats/impact/game/fear factor from day 1...not 3-4yrs later into they career....playing 26minutes per game is 6th man material,24minutes per half,so SUPERSTAR players sit out entire halfs or do 6th-7th-8thmen?....so like i said he was basically PIPPEN his first 3yrs.. a 2ndteam all nba defender who had chance to play 1 on 1 cuz of SHAQ drawing triples? or was it KB drawing triples and letting SHAQ operate 1 on 1 because he came in 96draft and just lit up everybody like EZAIL did? or did SHAQ go 1 on 1 finally in 2003 when KB took over cause SHAQ was resting on company time? but imma go out on a limb and say HAWKEYE/BIGBONG wont know what im speaking on yet they say players like KG had no talent over there in MINNY but for some strange odd *** reason AI did over there in PHILLY....you know better than that HAWKEYE or at least ya front on here enough like ya do

like i said KB was a scoring guard version of PIPPEN....not a bad company but like they say about PIPPEN hes a top 50 player of all time,not top 5-10...KB made the 98 allstar game based of his ISAIAH RIDER dunk he stole, then got his fame by playing like JORDAN and claiming wanted to be 'better' than the person he stole his entire body from, and now to top if off he shoots off 1foot like DIRK and all the while people praise a guy for scoring a bunch of points and as ALPHA has 2 rings in 16yrs...yea HAWKEYE figured u wouldnt have no clue what i was saying since i think u said KB been playing at high level for 16yrs but he started fulltime in his 4th season and before that were battling against super duperstars VAN EXEL/JONES(im talking surefire first ballot HOF from media sources,high media sources)...then they went to 4 Finals in 5yrs after he 'developed'

Its funny that people forget him and SHAQ(WILT of his era,even more dominant arguably) played 8yrs together,not 4yrs and its funny that they went to 1st finals app. when he finally 'arrived'/got good enough in 2000, then by 2002-03 people were saying he was the 'best' in league or on that LAKER team and im thinking to myself its his 7th/8th season, so why would it take so long if hes a top 5 player ever? but i keep forgetting PSD members think he got drafted in 2000 and went to FINALS as rookie and never looked back....amazing

Its funny that people will bring up AARON RODGERS who was supposed to go #1overall but dropped and didnt whine or cry about where he was getting drafted like KB/MAGIC did for LAKERS.. RODGERS actually backed up a legit surefire first ballot HOF who was still playing at insane level...but VAN EXEL and JONES,are they even 5ballot HOF players? come one KB lovers he is wat he is,a frontrunner...he could have got drafted by HORNETS and did all the scoring he wanted and would not have won **** cause he cant carry a squad solo like a AI/LEBRON ...but he wanted to have his cake and ice cream and pizza also just like his other great fellow LAKER MAGIC,who wanted no parts of CHI if they would have won that #1 pick over LA...he said he wanted to go play with LA/ALCINDOR or he staying put at MSU....talk about frontrunning mentality, cant go from a frontrunner(96draft and youtube trade rant) to a mentally tough guy..once a frontrunner always one,no matter how much media sugar coats ya

Ebbs
02-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Lol he is selfish on the court, self centered and he is getting older.

THE MTL
02-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Kobe seems like a bad teammate. His selfishness on the court (especially this year) is very evident.

If Dwight Howard came to LAL, he would be the best player on the team but moast certainly wouldnt come close to touching Bryant as being treated as the team's best player.

beasted86
02-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Um, isn't this answer as obvious as it gets?

Kobe thought he was better than prime Shaq and fought him for touches. All superstars know they come to the Lakers as a 2nd option until Kobe retires. He'll be 36yrs old shooting 39% from the field, and he'll make certain he's taking more shots and scoring more PPG than anyone else on the team regardless of anything.

RaiderLakersA's
02-29-2012, 12:32 PM

The only sensible answer. Close thread.

theLgndKllr35
02-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Probably because they are superstars, and realize they can't be a superstar in LA if Kobe is already THE superstar.

I mean if you were one of the top 15 people in the world at something you do, wouldn't you feel like you could probably work your way up to, or at least compete with the best on a 50-50 basis?

Redskins10
02-29-2012, 01:10 PM
He's an *******, prima donna, selfish, takes a million shots per game (misses most of them) and thinks he's gods gift to earth. The dude has the nerve to ball hog with a prime Shaq on his team, then he tells FO to ship Shaq, then tells FO to ship a young up-and-coming Bynum, then lobbies for Pau to come to L.A and then calls Pau soft and tells FO to trade him, then contacts the best big man in the league in Dwight Howard and tells him he'd be a third or fourth option.

Redskins10
02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
He sucks.

Redskins10
02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
**** Kobe.

Lakerfan In NY
02-29-2012, 05:48 PM
No superstar wants to be kobe's second fiddle.

AIRMAR72
02-29-2012, 06:00 PM
He sucks.

I agree,kobe SUCKS

Locoweed
02-29-2012, 06:29 PM

^^ Truth

I guess since Kobe doesn't have a surrounding cast of allstar players around him this year (past allstar players still on team even though), now we can pull out the "no one wants to play with Kobe" card out.

I know how much it must suck not having atleast 2 allstar on your team every year, but get a grip. Kobe has been blessed with other allstar players during his career and probably the best supporting cast out there.