PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom could be seeking a buyout...Cuban not willing?

Celticsfan2007
02-28-2012, 03:39 PM
From Hoopshype:

This just in from a Texas source, who’s hearing Odom is trying to get a buyout. “Don’t be surprised if the Mavs oblige. He’s just not happy in Dallas. Maybe his wife is making him.” New York Post

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Contrary to the previous report...

Mavericks forward Lamar Odom did not return to the team for Monday's practice following the All-Star break. Owner Mark Cuban quickly extinguished rumors Monday night that the 6-foot-10 forward might be considering a buyout or even retirement.

"It hasn't been discussed and we wouldn't do it," Cuban said of a possible buyout. "We think Lamar can be a huge plus for us."

The Mavs have stated that Odom is tending to a family matter. A source on Monday confirmed that Odom left the team on Wednesday and missed that night's game against his former team, the Los Angeles Lakers, to be with his ill father, who resides in Los Angeles.

Mavs coach Rick Carlisle on Monday did not offer a time table for Odom's return. Dallas begins a stretch of nine games in 12 nights at home tonight against the New Jersey Nets.

Odom is making $8.9 million this season. Only about one-fourth of the $8.2 on his contract next season, the final year of his deal, is guaranteed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4685683/mark-cuban-rules-out-buyout-for-lamar-odom

I'd assume Odom is not happy with his current role on the Mavericks squad. Granted he's been playing like ****, this guy is defending 6th man of the year and could be an impact player if he's in the right system.

If your Dallas do you buy him out?

Shmontaine
02-28-2012, 03:48 PM
hell no you don't buy him out... so he can go back to LAL for nothing??

cuban isn't that dumb...

L@ker4Life
02-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Yeah you can't buy him out. Cuban will keep him on the payroll just to keep him off of other contenders rosters.

waveycrockett
02-28-2012, 03:55 PM
LO needs a big market period and Dallas doesnt provide that. Maybe Deron doesn't care about that but Dwight does. With LO You could tell his heart is not in it with the Mavs and it was a slap in the face to trade him to a team he hated. If he gets bought out I doubt he goes to the Lakers. Clips, BOS, CHI, NYK, hell maybe even Nets they are near his hometown.

Celticsfan2007
02-28-2012, 03:57 PM
If I'm Dallas, I'd buy him out with the one stipulation that he cannot sign with any team in the western conference.

thephoenixson28
02-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Lopez,Brown,Warrick for Odom.

RaiderLakersA's
02-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Send him back to LA. If any other team honestly thinks that LO would be motivated to play for them, they're sadly mistaken. Look how many years it took LA to get him to play consistently at a high level.

CBCable
02-28-2012, 04:44 PM
LO needs a big market period and Dallas doesnt provide that. Maybe Deron doesn't care about that but Dwight does. With LO You could tell his heart is not in it with the Mavs and it was a slap in the face to trade him to a team he hated. If he gets bought out I doubt he goes to the Lakers. Clips, BOS, CHI, NYK, hell maybe even Nets they are near his hometown.

Dallas is the fourth biggest media market in the US...

CudiOnMyiPod
02-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Unbelievable talent but with the offseason trade, him getting into an accident that killed a young man, his father's illness, possibly stress from this Kardashian ****, he is very distracted and basketball probably isn't right for him right now.

I say we keep him because although he is shooting -90 percent and is a run killer, he is rebounding fairly well for his minutes. Plus Cuban is the smartest owner and he isn't going to let him go back to LA for free.