PDA

View Full Version : Gasol gets 15% raise if traded!!!!

BullsBearsSox11
02-28-2012, 03:13 PM
I was reading a bunch of trade speculation today and came across a interesting fact that if pau Gasol gets traded he has a 15% Trade Kicker in his contract that will raise his salary up to 22-23 million a year. So I looked it up and found a article from ESPN here is the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=4768800

Thats a lot of Money for a 30 year who is out of his prime!!!
I wanted bulls to make a trade for him but nevermind that....

waveycrockett
02-28-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm guessing this is a reason why they haven't already dealt him. He alreadymakes a ton of money I cant see alot of times willing to pay Gasol that kind of money AND giving up their best players.

Cfrey
02-28-2012, 03:48 PM
the only way gasol gets dealt is if he is 100% willing to restructure is contract

L@ker4Life
02-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Makes it difficult because now the Lakers would have to take back more players (or bad contracts) and they don't have the roster spots. I don't think it has that much of an impact on him being traded tbh. I still expect him to be dealt by 3/15.

L@ker4Life
02-28-2012, 03:51 PM
the only way gasol gets dealt is if he is 100% willing to restructure is contract

First, he wouldn't. Why would he? He def. does NOT want to be traded.

Second, is that even possible? I know something like that was built into the new CBA, but there are some paramaters to it. I don't think its like NFL contracts. Can a team restructure in order to facilitate a trade, kinda like a S&T?

If GR8 comes around he can probably shed some light on that.

Cfrey
02-28-2012, 03:55 PM
First, he wouldn't. Why would he? He def. does NOT want to be traded.

Second, is that even possible? I know something like that was built into the new CBA, but there are some paramaters to it. I don't think its like NFL contracts. Can a team restructure in order to facilitate a trade, kinda like a S&T?

If GR8 comes around he can probably shed some light on that.

Why would he restructure his contract??

I mean obviously I can't say he would because I'm not in his mind but lets say if he went to the Wolves to play along side Rubio and Love, he would probably be willing to restructure his deal in order for us to be able to get some more pieces during the offseason.. Gasol strikes me as a guy who isn't greedy and is probably very smart with his money (meaning money probably isn't that big of an issue)

and im not sure about the cba parameters

lvlheaded
02-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Wow, Gasol's agent did work :speechless:

This is gonna make it impossible to trade him for what they would want in return, I don't see him getting moved

lvlheaded
02-28-2012, 03:57 PM

I mean obviously I can't say he would because I'm not in his mind but lets say if he went to the Wolves to play along side Rubio and Love, he would probably be willing to restructure his deal in order for us to be able to get some more pieces during the offseason.. Gasol strikes me as a guy who isn't greedy and is probably very smart with his money (meaning money probably isn't that big of an issue)

Have to remember Gasol already has 2 rings, more likely than not he wants to milk this contract

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-28-2012, 04:06 PM
He for sure deserves that kicker. He re-created a winning culture in LA. The man has warranted to have his Laker jersey retired for sure in only 4 yrs of work. If traded, I will absolutely miss him.

BigBongTheory
02-28-2012, 04:11 PM
He for sure deserves that kicker. He re-created a winning culture in LA. The man has warranted to have his Laker jersey retired for sure in only 4 yrs of work. If traded, I will absolutely miss him.

That's a beautiful post, and pin-point. We love him to death. He's one of my all-time favorites, and always will be.

BKLYNpigeon
02-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Who cares is not my money. at least he still produces.

M.V.W.
02-28-2012, 04:15 PM

A player can't restructure his contract to take less but he can stretch it out over more years.

LongWayFromHome
02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Amnesty? lol

Gritz
02-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Who cares is not my money. at least he still produces.

LOL :clap:

Hellcrooner
02-28-2012, 05:11 PM
mmmm how much is Marc Gasol doing for 15 and 10 a game?

How much is Chandler doing for 12 and 10?

How much is any decent big doing for 10 and 10?

Ok, Pau gasol deppenidng where he goes he is going to give you 18-22 and 9-11

that has a price.

justinnum1
02-29-2012, 07:16 PM
ouch

ManRam
02-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Restructuring in the NBA doesn't happen. You can't restructure for less money...not in the old CBA, not in the new one...

IndyRealist
02-29-2012, 07:25 PM
All the Lakers have to do to trade him is include $3m in cash. That pretty much negates the kicker

mdm692
02-29-2012, 07:52 PM
mmmm how much is Marc Gasol doing for 15 and 10 a game?

How much is Chandler doing for 12 and 10?

How much is any decent big doing for 10 and 10?

Ok, Pau gasol deppenidng where he goes he is going to give you 18-22 and 9-11

that has a price.

gortat 15ppg 10rpg 1bpg 6million/yr

Yunqn
02-29-2012, 07:53 PM

This has to be the best post ive seen on here lol

I coulnt agree more with everything u said and ima bulls fan

justinnum1
02-29-2012, 08:00 PM
gortat 15ppg 10rpg 1bpg 6million/yr

Yea but he got that contract (4yr/6mil) playing 10min a game behind dwight...gortat is worth 10mil a year

tyfreaks brotha
02-29-2012, 08:56 PM
No wonder why he hasn't been dealt...