PDA

View Full Version : Celtics & Nets also interested in Beasley

jsthornton7
02-28-2012, 02:50 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/28/report-celtics-nets-considering-trading-for-michael-beasley/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

thekmp211
02-28-2012, 02:54 PM
nets could use anybody. i'd have liked boston to pursue him like 2-3 seasons ago when he was younger and when the team culture was stronger. now, i prob say just pass on him, unless they can get him for essentially nothing.

Mr_Amaziing
02-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Beasley is BEASTly

Hawkeye15
02-28-2012, 02:56 PM
If the Wolves could pry Anthony Morrow away for Beasley, I would have a 2 day boner.

Not happening most likely.

Rockice_8
02-28-2012, 02:56 PM
They asked NJ for Morrow who immediately shot it down. It would have to be for Farmar if they want anything from NJ. They want a SG which Farmar could for short periods.

LTBaByyy
02-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Farmar? ????? Hahahahaha

Yeah right, Beasley still has potential Farmar sucks

They already have 3 PGS, Morrow is the only one I see it happening

LTBaByyy
02-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Morrow for Beasley even trade!

Wolves need a starting SG

Nets need a starting SF

Chill_Will_24
02-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Beasley wouldnt even stay with the Nets most likely so i hope they dont go on stupid mode and trade assets when they are so short on them for a Dwight deal

Maybe ORL could get him for J.J Reddick?

Corey
02-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Celtics doesn't make much sense to me

Rockice_8
02-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Farmar? ????? Hahahahaha

Have you seen Farmar's numbers? He's far from sucking while shooting 48% and 47% from 3, with a PER of over 18. He's having a great year. Farmar is having a better year then Beasley. Better check your definition of the word sucks.

I'm not giving up Morrow for a Beasley rental when the Nets are probably too far back to make a late run.

Farmar or they can keep him.

thedfactor
02-28-2012, 03:47 PM
I think Minnesota needs to pursue Kevin Martin. Martin would fill the scoring void at SG and he's somewhat disgruntled in Houston these days and would like to reunite with Rick Adelman.

Would Houston be interested in Beasley and Wes Johnson?

Beasley deal for Morrow makes sense too, and I don't think Beasley on the Celtics is too bad an idea, but can they retain him next season? They still might bring back Jeff Green

Daunter
02-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Then they should look somewhere else

Chronz
02-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Farmar? ????? Hahahahaha

Your wrong about Farmar but you can definitely count how many PGs a team has so I wouldnt trade for him either.

Cfrey
02-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Have you seen Farmar's numbers? He's far from sucking while shooting 48% and 47% from 3, with a PER of over 18. He's having a great year. Farmar is having a better year then Beasley. Better check your definition of the word sucks.

I'm not giving up Morrow for a Beasley rental when the Nets are probably too far back to make a late run.

Farmar or they can keep him.

Farmar is averaging 10 points and 3 assists... SO GOOD...

why would we do Beasely for Farmar straight up when we have Rubio??

beasely for morrow is a good trade because unlike morrow, beasely actually still has star potential.

Chronz
02-28-2012, 03:53 PM
He doesnt suck was what he was saying, and those are good # if you expand your analysis beyond 2 simple stats.

beasely for morrow is a good trade because unlike morrow, beasely actually still has star potential.

True

KnokOut
02-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Beasley is an expiring, it would help open up cap for them. They have Stevenson starting at SF for them don't they? Beasley has been playing solid in a 6th man role this year, the trade would help both players. The report saying they aren't interested in moving Morrow i find weird considering they offered him+1 for Mayo a few weeks back.

Gritz
02-28-2012, 03:58 PM
if the wolves could pry anthony morrow away for beasley, i would have a 2 day boner.

tmi

waveycrockett
Farmar sucks

Do you even watch the NBA or follow NBA 2k association and assume it's the same?

KB-Pau-DH2012
Damn Nets, trying to pry Howard away from us, and now they want Beasley?...doesn't matter Lakers are getting him for a 1st rd pick. Minny has already come out and say they don't want anymore players or salaries in return.

Hawkeye15
tmi

I obviously didn't mean that in a literal way. Or did I?

Hawkeye15
02-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Damn Nets, trying to pry Howard away from us, and now they want Beasley?...doesn't matter Lakers are getting him for a 1st rd pick. Ninny has already come out and say they don't want anymore players or salaries in return.

Minnesota would absolutely take a SG with a pulse back.

Cfrey
02-28-2012, 04:01 PM
He doesnt suck was what he was saying, and those are good # if you expand your analysis beyond 2 simple stats.

True

I could expand my analysis beyond two stats but its not even worth it.. and also I don't believe I said Farmar sucked? I mean he's shooting very well but the main thing is that when people think of the best three point shooters in the NBA you rarely hear Farmars name.. he's just another body.. whereas morrow would fit a need for the Wolves and the Nets would get a player who still has the tools to be a star.. the only person holding beasely back is beasely

Rockice_8
02-28-2012, 04:09 PM

10 and 3 in only 21 min. The guy is shooting 48% overall and 47% from deep with a PER over 18.

Beasley sucks, he still has a chance to not suck but star potential :facepalm:

Take off the homer shades for a sec and realize that Farmar and Morrow are both better the Beasley and you'd be lucky to get anything that good for that bum Beasley. Enjoy that Laker 1st then if Farmar sucks so bad. Yeah you know what take both guys for Beasley cause I can't wait to get my hands on a 6'10" head case shooting 42%.

I understand the Wolves don't need Farmar but he can play both back court positions and he's one of the better backup PG's in the league.

I'm sure LA wishes they still had Farmar, he'd be starting for them probably.

Hawkeye15
02-28-2012, 04:16 PM
10 and 3 in only 21 min. The guy is shooting 48% overall and 47% from deep with a PER over 18.

Beasley sucks, he still has a chance to not suck but star potential :facepalm:

Take off the homer shades for a sec and realize that Farmar and Morrow are both better the Beasley and you'd be lucky to get anything that good for that bum Beasley. Enjoy that Laker 1st then if Farmar sucks so bad. Yeah you know what take both guys for Beasley cause I can't wait to get my hands on a 6'10" head case shooting 42%.

I understand the Wolves don't need Farmar but he can play both back court positions and he's one of the better backup PG's in the league.

I'm sure LA wishes they still had Farmar, he'd be starting for them probably.

chill out man. Look, it probably doesn't make sense for the Nets to move Morrow for Beasley, but the Nets would be interested in the move if they were looking to clear cap space this summer. They would most likely pass on it, and try and make a couple of smaller deals instead of giving up such a great shooter however.

Rockice_8
02-28-2012, 04:27 PM
chill out man. Look, it probably doesn't make sense for the Nets to move Morrow for Beasley, but the Nets would be interested in the move if they were looking to clear cap space this summer. They would most likely pass on it, and try and make a couple of smaller deals instead of giving up such a great shooter however.

Yeah I went a bit harsh there but I started with one simple comment that NJ wouldn't do Morrow (which they already shot down) but would do Farmar cause he's not in the future plans.

That was followed by 2-3 posts ripping me saying Farmar sucks. Beasley is nothing but an expiring/rental for most teams so these Minny fans need to calm their expectations down.

Hawkeye15
02-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah I went a bit harsh there but I started with one simple comment that NJ wouldn't do Morrow (which they already shot down) but would do Farmar cause he's not in the future plans.

That was followed by 2-3 posts ripping me saying Farmar sucks. Beasley is nothing but an expiring/rental for most teams so these Minny fans need to calm their expectations down.

well, some fans just see the trade benefitiing their side without thinking about how it effects the other team. Meh.

They may move Morrow for Beasley is they know Howard is coming in a trade, it would allow them to clear more space to sign both him and Deron. But it doesn't make sense basketball wise. But then again, a lot of trades are head scratchers basketball wise, and are made for financial or flexibility purposes.

netsgiantsyanks
02-28-2012, 04:56 PM

at the same time playing behind deron williams, nice try though.

netsgiantsyanks
02-28-2012, 04:57 PM
i would murder billy king if he ever did a morrow-beasley swap.

mgsports
02-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Magic get Martin/McGee +7wins
Wizards get Williams/Duhon and maybe Vazquez/other PF/C and Draft Picks -6wins
Rockets get Blache/Beasley -3wins
Timberwolves get Redick/Orton +1wins

oak2455
02-28-2012, 05:05 PM
i would murder billy king if he ever did a morrow-beasley swap.

Morrow can shoot with his eyes close.. Good young player

Corey
02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Im honestly surprised Orlando hasn't tried to swap Redick for Beas yet.

Robbw241
02-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Do.Not.Want

Hawkeye15
02-28-2012, 05:29 PM

I would love that trade for the Wolves.

Corey
02-28-2012, 05:46 PM
I would love that trade for the Wolves.

Yeah, I think Redick would be a great fit on Minny.

Heediot
02-28-2012, 05:48 PM
I am so surprised at all these teams wanting B-Easy. A lot of Minny fans are just dying for someone to take them off their hands.

justinnum1
02-28-2012, 05:52 PM
I am so surprised at all these teams wanting B-Easy. A lot of Minny fans are just dying for someone to take them off their hands.

Just wait till he joins there team, give it 2 weeks, and they will be praying for someone to take him too. Kid just doesnt play winning basketball.

Celtic5
02-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Beasley for Ray Allen?

Hawkeye15
02-28-2012, 05:53 PM

because he is still low risk, high reward. Talented player if he ever gets it together, with an expiring contract, or he can be giving the qualifying offer and be used to flip again next year.

justinnum1
02-28-2012, 05:53 PM

Really? SVG would have a heart attack of he had to coach beasley.

Beaser is a loser. I used to be a big beasley fan but if my team was a contender i wouldnt want him any where near it.

Hawkeye15
02-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Beasley for Ray Allen?

I would do it. The Wolves pick is gone, period. Allen, even a regressed Ray, is enough to get them in the playoffs this year.

shep33
02-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Celtics doesn't really make sense to me. Well maybe as bench help. Beasley for Redick is interesting. Don't know if Orlando wants to get rid of JJ though.

topdog
02-28-2012, 06:00 PM
The Morrow idea is one that works if NJ wants to lose the contract of Farmar and Petro for cap. Those three for Beasley, Randolph and AT is something I think the Nets should consider since they have Brooks and then would have the right to RFA match the potential of Randolph and (I wouldn't do it!) Beasley or take the cap.

KmB728
02-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Meh.

Corey
02-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Beasley for Ray Allen?

Hell to the No

Celtic5
02-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Hell to the No

A lot of hate for a guy who averaged close to 20 points and 6 rebounds on a team that had Kevin Love on it. The guy is only 23 years old. You have players in the draft older than him. Sure he's not an all-star but you don't think a 23 year old former number 2 pick can improve his game at all??

mgsports
02-28-2012, 07:35 PM
LA can trade to get him back then Farmer.

topdog
02-28-2012, 07:57 PM
A lot of hate for a guy who averaged close to 20 points and 6 rebounds on a team that had Kevin Love on it. The guy is only 23 years old. You have players in the draft older than him. Sure he's not an all-star but you don't think a 23 year old former number 2 pick can improve his game at all??

He has shown some improvement this year in playing/being more interested in defense, occasionally making passes and shooting closer to the paint.

I still really want him gone (chucker), but he has shown an ability to make a high percentage when he works from the free throw line inward versus his love affair with the long 2.

beasted86
02-28-2012, 10:13 PM
If the Wolves could pry Anthony Morrow away for Beasley, I would have a 2 day boner.

Not happening most likely.
Really? over Anthony Morrow?

I guess this post is just a reality check to fans of contending teams. Be happy with what you have, and don't complain. The alternative is wishing, and praying for Anthony Morrow.

Hawkeye15
02-28-2012, 10:15 PM

I see minimal to no improvements since he stepped on an NBA floor, and this is his 4th season.

I remember a lot of Miami fans crapping on me for saying in year 2 that Love was clearly the better player, when it was obvious he was.

Hawkeye15
02-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Really? over Anthony Morrow?

I guess this post is just a reality check to fans of contending teams. Be happy with what you have, and don't complain. The alternative is wishing, and praying for Anthony Morrow.

The Wolves are putrid at SG, and from the 3 point line. With a PG like Rubio, who gets the defenses rolling, Morrow is the ultimate type to have sitting there for a skip pass. Beasley doesn't even get minutes anymore, Adelman has decided his ball stopping and inability to guard anyone mean Derrick Williams should be taking his minutes, which were slim to begin with.

Beasley will go down as a ton of wasted potential. The dude just doesn't get it. We are not going to re-sign him, why not try and pry away arguably the best shooter in the NBA away at SG?

Hawkeye15
02-28-2012, 10:18 PM
He has shown some improvement this year in playing/being more interested in defense, occasionally making passes and shooting closer to the paint.

I still really want him gone (chucker), but he has shown an ability to make a high percentage when he works from the free throw line inward versus his love affair with the long 2.

I have said that since day 1. At KSU, he got the ball around the free throw line, and turned and scored at will. Why on earth do NBA teams not use him this way?

theheatles
02-28-2012, 10:22 PM
celtics need to just starting shipping players...rondo and kg for pau and blake, pierce and ray for beasley and randolph

Corey
02-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Really? SVG would have a heart attack of he had to coach beasley.

Beaser is a loser. I used to be a big beasley fan but if my team was a contender i wouldnt want him any where near it.

They're also doing anything and everything to prove that they're trying to get talent in with Dwight (Ex Glen Davis, Jason Richardson, Vince, bringing Turk back, Gilbert etc).

Beasley just seems like someone they would make a move for.

Corey
02-28-2012, 10:34 PM
celtics need to just starting shipping players...rondo and kg for pau and blake, pierce and ray for beasley and randolph

Glad Danny Ainge isn't taking pointers from you :p

That would net you a starting lineup of Steve Blake, Avery Bradley, Michael Beasley, Pau Gasol and Anthony Randolph.

That's awful.

Aust
02-29-2012, 02:37 AM
Dammit go away Boston and NJ :mad:

I want him for my Lakers

Corey
02-29-2012, 02:52 AM

There's actually almost no truth at all to this statement.

He's currently averaging career lows in TS%, eFG%, FG%.

His field goal percentage at the rim is almost 10% less than what it was last year.

His field goal percentage from 3-9 feet has digressed the past two years.

His field goal percentage from 10-15 feet is the same.

His field goal percentage from 16-23 feet is down 11% from last year.

His passing metrics have all digressed from last year - Worse AST%, worse A:TO ratio, worse AST+.

Also, the league average for defensive efficiency (steals+blocks+charges) is 1.44, and he's well below that at 0.96. Last season he was at 1.56, so that's another digression.

Dammit go away Boston and NJ :mad:

I want him for my Lakers
You say that now..

Chinoeyes
02-29-2012, 03:32 AM
use the damn TPE lakers! :cry:

Chinoeyes
02-29-2012, 03:38 AM
There's actually almost no truth at all to this statement.

He's currently averaging career lows in TS%, eFG%, FG%.

His field goal percentage at the rim is almost 10% less than what it was last year.

His field goal percentage from 3-9 feet has digressed the past two years.

His field goal percentage from 10-15 feet is the same.

His field goal percentage from 16-23 feet is down 11% from last year.

His passing metrics have all digressed from last year - Worse AST%, worse A:TO ratio, worse AST+.

Also, the league average for defensive efficiency (steals+blocks+charges) is 1.44, and he's well below that at 0.96. Last season he was at 1.56, so that's another digression.

You say that now..

Kobe will kick his butt to work...
Fish will teach him how to be professional...

And mike brown will utilize and nurture his defensive skills... call him sonny... and learn to say thank you to his team mates...

With the right people around him, I think there's still room to grow...

shep33
02-29-2012, 03:41 AM
Let's not get carried away with ourselves, he had a good game, that doesn't make him Jesus Shuttlesworth

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-29-2012, 03:44 AM
Lakers will not get him because Jimbaco doesn't want to get deep into the luxury tax. My take is we're going to let that **** expire unfortunately.

SDvikes
02-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Beasley and Dwill lit it up last night in LA,

Ya think the Lakers had a scout or two there?

Too bad the Lakers dont have something we need...

I still like the three way with Houston

LA - Scola - Beasley - JJ
Houston - Gasol - Tolliver
MN - Martin, LA #1

I would not trade D WIll at this point, makes no sense

Unless we get a great offer...Iggy for Dwill I take

Hawkeye15
02-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Beasley had his 1 out of 10 great games last night. Meaning tonight he will suck.