PDA

View Full Version : So D-Will pretty much going to Dallas?

kobes2good
02-28-2012, 01:59 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/nets/2012/02/avery-johnson-mark-cuban-is-a-threat-to-snatch-away-deron-williams

So like he pretty much told everyone he's going to dallas, and he also almost showed his difference from the rest of the stars that even though its brooklyn there needs to be good management if its in a big or small market

Gram
02-28-2012, 02:07 AM
Nice.

heyman321
02-28-2012, 02:07 AM
I hope Howard and Williams both go to Dallas that would be fun to watch.

Avenged
02-28-2012, 02:09 AM
"Fans are great (in Dallas). It's always good when arenas have a lot of energy," Williams said. "Ours doesn't have too much energy."

Did Deron really say that? Lol

shep33
02-28-2012, 02:10 AM

Lol. I remember him saying how ugly the Nets building was earlier this year.

PC
02-28-2012, 02:15 AM

I saw the rotoworld blurb earlier and I thought to myself, "this is exactly what LeBron was saying about the Knicks." That was before I saw this quote. I know the support hasn't been great but it's surprising to see him throw the fan base under the bus like that.

With that said, I still get the feeling he'll re-sign with the Nets this offseason

davids22
02-28-2012, 02:16 AM
Dwight to Dallas is no guarantee. Deron has said in a few interviews already how he's looking forward to the Nets moving to Brooklyn. I'd say it's still the Nets who have Dwight and Deron to lose. Why would they want to go play with old Dirk when they could get a young up and coming feel and be the Clippers of the East? Team with a solid wing and low post player (better combo then Paul and Griffen IMO) that can add young pieces too. Humphries isn't any slouch; he'd play his role on that team. Find a solid 2-3 that can play off the ball and have Deron set them up even though the offense would be through Dwight.

Dallas isn't a terrible option at all, but I just feel the Nets are the frontrunners.

FriedTofuz
02-28-2012, 02:20 AM
wow deron looks more like a ***

Dade County
02-28-2012, 02:22 AM
drama ... news/media outlets are loving this

But I wonder does NJ have a plan "B" just incase Howard & williams do decide to go to Dallas.

Aust
02-28-2012, 02:26 AM
And then they'll snatch Dwight -_-

I hope something happens, because if they both become FA, I don't see how they both don't go to Dallas, and that's a scary thought.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-28-2012, 02:28 AM
I feel like this is a new headline every week, Im shocked how much hate the Nets get. I understand he was quoted as saying these things but I wouldnt be surprised if these things were extremely taken out of context as well as stretched. Its already happen countless times with people reporting on the Nets.

heyman321
02-28-2012, 02:38 AM
Dwight to Dallas is no guarantee. Deron has said in a few interviews already how he's looking forward to the Nets moving to Brooklyn. I'd say it's still the Nets who have Dwight and Deron to lose. Why would they want to go play with old Dirk when they could get a young up and coming feel and be the Clippers of the East? Team with a solid wing and low post player (better combo then Paul and Griffen IMO) that can add young pieces too. Humphries isn't any slouch; he'd play his role on that team. Find a solid 2-3 that can play off the ball and have Deron set them up even though the offense would be through Dwight.

Dallas isn't a terrible option at all, but I just feel the Nets are the frontrunners.

Cause Mark Cuban is the best owner in the league, which other owner can say they are always on the bench cheering? Plus he's filthy rich.

Odominator
02-28-2012, 02:46 AM

Of course he will be looking forward to it, he wouldn't want to visit that eye sore of a home court in Jersey as a Dallas Maverick...

gotoHcarolina52
02-28-2012, 02:48 AM
"Fans are great (in Dallas). It's always good when arenas have a lot of energy," Williams said. "Ours doesn't have too much energy."

Williams also mentioned the "good shooting background" in Dallas, about a month after he criticized the sightlines in the Prudential Center. "I don't like this arena one bit," Williams said.

Good thing he wasn't around when they called the Izod Center home.

Kevj77
02-28-2012, 02:49 AM

But I wonder does NJ have a plan "B" just incase Howard & williams do decide to go to Dallas.I think NJ went all in to rip off some poker slang. If they trade Deron they have no chance at Howard, so that isn't an option. If they can't trade for Howard before the trade deadline that is rapidly approaching or he doesn't sign with them as a free agent it is a real possibility that Deron leaves for nothing and replaces Kidd as the Mavs PG regardless of where Howard ends up.

That is why teams are reluctant to trade for star players without commitments to sign extensions. If you trade valuable young players and picks without that guarantee you could be set back years in terms of rebuilding.

It was a huge gamble, if it works out they are set up to contend for years. If it doesn't they are a perenial lottery team.

kblo247
02-28-2012, 02:53 AM
Cause Mark Cuban is the best owner in the league, which other owner can say they are always on the bench cheering? Plus he's filthy rich.

BUSS, JERRY

He was always there for Showtime, Shaq/Kobe, Kobe/Pau until his health got bad

thedfactor
02-28-2012, 02:53 AM

Dallas isn't a terrible option at all, but I just feel the Nets are the frontrunners.First off, props to a fellow Packers fan, we'll bounce back this upcoming season!

Now about the Deron/Dwight idea whether he goes to Dallas or not. I think the old Dirk label is a stretch. Yes, Dirk isn't a youngster at 24 anymore, but he's still in his prime and can be for another 2-3 years due to his unique style of play which doesn't really rely heavily on superb athleticism.

Nets offer some very nice young players to be the supporting cast to D-Will and D12 without doubt. Lopez, Brooks, Morrow plus bring back Hump who works hard as any and is solid.

It's going to be heaven for whichever team gets both, and even 1 of 2 wouldn't be bad at all.

LTBaByyy
02-28-2012, 02:54 AM
Sounds good! :)

Deron is back to being a star in this league watching him play this year

Him and Dirk is scary. Add Dwight is deadly

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-28-2012, 02:56 AM
Of course he will be looking forward to it, he wouldn't want to visit that eye sore of a home court in Jersey as a Dallas Maverick...

Three things.

1)Funny how you call it an "eye sore" yet I doubt youve ever even been there before.

2) The Rock is actually a beautiful arena, its gets a bad rap because its in Newark but the entire thing looks really nice.

3) The Nets are moving to Brooklyn and a close to 1 billion dollar arena next season. So I'm sure that will be just "horrible" for any player to visit.

LTBaByyy
02-28-2012, 02:57 AM
If Brooklyn Nets don't start off with Deron or Dwight that would be horrible

The first overall pick would be the only reason they can get at least half the seats filled

Odominator
02-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Three things.

1)Funny how you call it an "eye sore" yet I doubt youve never even been there before.

2) The Rock is actually a beautiful arena, its gets a bad rap because its in Newark but the entire thing looks really nice.

3) The Nets are moving to Brooklyn and a close to 1 billion dollar arena next season. So Im sure that will be just horrible to go to for any player.

Relax, I am just playing around... yes I have never been to the arena, I am sure its pretty spectacular. Any megalith-like buildings that serve as the center for sporting events are always amazing.

In fact, I think Deron is a complete scumbag for throwing the fanbase of the team he is currently playing for under the bus. As a fan of any team, I wouldn't want a headcase like that playing for me.

I can see why Jerry Sloan retired.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-28-2012, 03:09 AM
Relax, I am just playing around... yes I have never been to the arena, I am sure its pretty spectacular. Any megalith-like buildings that serve as the center for sporting events are always amazing.

In fact, I think Deron is a complete scumbag for throwing the fanbase of the team he is currently playing for under the bus. As a fan of any team, I wouldn't want a headcase like that playing for me.

Didnt mean to snap but many just hate the Nets for no solidified reason and its quite annoying.

I think these quotes get taken out of context and are meshed around so the article looks better, and even at times Deron jokes around yet articles are made out like he is making a serious comment. Its happened countless times prior.

No one knows what will happen this offseason with the Lakers, Nets, Dallas or any other team but what I do know is Dwight and Deron teaming up in Brooklyn is the easiest for the Magic in terms of rebuilding, very much likely, posses an instant threat in the East, and the money is a lot easier to figure out than for teams like the Mavericks or the Lakers. (Not a slight to them because theyre capable of getting both or one but it becomes a lot more complicated.)

LTBaByyy
02-28-2012, 03:10 AM
We wont be pulling out a red carpet and have pictures in the hallway for Deron tomorrow like they did for Howard

Hahahaha that makes them look so desperate to be a winning team when Dallas will always be one under Cuban

Remember when they did it for Lebron???? Players don't wanna go there.

LTBaByyy
02-28-2012, 03:12 AM
Dallas and Nets are the only teams that can sign both

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-28-2012, 03:13 AM
And yet another thread that becomes more about hating the Nets than the actual possibility of Dallas clearing enough cap space to fit Deron and quite possibly Howard .

Ugh:facepalm:

LTBaByyy
02-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Their shoe deals are good money so 4 million dollars less a year would be okay with them to play with Dirk and under Cuban and Carlisle

Dwight and Deron would have so much fun with Cuban and Carlisle

Avery and the Russian owner are tooooo serious

shep33
02-28-2012, 03:32 AM
I hope he stays with the Nets.

Raph12
02-28-2012, 03:47 AM
Deron will follow Dwight and vise-versa... They'll choose one or the other this offseason.

oak2455
02-28-2012, 07:03 AM

But I wonder does NJ have a plan "B" just incase Howard & williams do decide to go to Dallas.

Keep losing

oak2455
02-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Three things.

1)Funny how you call it an "eye sore" yet I doubt youve ever even been there before.

3) The Nets are moving to Brooklyn and a close to 1 billion dollar arena next season. So I'm sure that will be just "horrible" for any player to visit.

Dude I've been to the Rock for MMA/ UFC fights Nice arena.... You don't want to stop at a red light after 12 midnight.... Not a good area.. That's one of the reasons I'm sure they're moving.. The Nets will be fine one way or the other they have good ownership

ghettosean
02-28-2012, 08:07 AM
I know what Deron said and all but players don't play for a new arena they play for championships.... Hope he joins Dallas and D12 stays in Orlando or joins Dallas also.

Chill_Will_24
02-28-2012, 09:18 AM
I agree with Deron. NJ fans suck. Thats what he is implying after all.

As far as Dallas people keep scrunching numbers but the fact is that until Dallas moves Marion the Nets dont have to even think about getting worried.

Even after amnestying Haywood and getting rid of Marion they STILL dont have enough for max deals and people assume that the 41 game no state tax will off set that, just like they like to assume every star will take a pay cut like Lebron and Wade did.

Even if they COULD offer max deals or Deron and Dwight decided to be nice and take pay cuts why would they play with each other, Dirk on his last legs, and 9 minimum guys? The Nets would have Lopez, Brooks, Bogdanovic, a top 5 pick in 2012, and a 2012 early first rounder.

Why not get the full max in Brooklyn which is where Dwight wants to play anyway? Dwight's attraction to the Nets is not just Deron.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/02/27/all.star.wrapup/index.html?eref=twitter_feed

Also unlike Dwight, Wade, Melo, and Lebron, Deron is not the most marketable guy. It would make more sense for him to remain in NY.

As of now the Dallas stuff is not happening so i dont get why there has been 12 threads on it.

EDIT: Until the deadline passes and Dwight is still a Magic i wouldnt count on anything. I dont buy that ORL will really keep Dwight and not trade him. Its too risky and it smell like Denver-esque posturing to me.

Jint.
02-28-2012, 09:28 AM
go to Dallas D Will..... Its your destiny

jp611
02-28-2012, 09:29 AM

Jeremy Lin :p

P Styles
02-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Jeremy Lin :p

Knicks can match any offer :p

oak2455
02-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Funny so Dallas doesn't have a chance and Dirk is done cool story... wonder if anyone told Dirk this ?

Greet
02-28-2012, 09:40 AM
In his second half preview, Dave Dalessandro does some math on the Nets pursuit of Dwight Howard (and thus, the retention of Deron Williams). He likes the Nets chances, at least as of now.

Assuming the Magic don't trade Howard at the deadline and things remain pretty much as is in Dallas, Dalessandro provides two scenarios for Howard. In scenario #1, he writes, "Mavericks' best-case scenario includes a $25 million bankroll, which means they can give Howard and Deron Williams a starting salary of only $12.5M each. The Nets will start in the $18M-19M range."

And in scenario #2, there's this: "The Mavs will amnesty Brendan Haywood and find a taker for Shawn Marion, which leaves them with two stars, a 34-year-old Dirk Nowitzki and nine minimum-wage guys. The Nets will have Howard, D-Will, Brook Lopez, Anthony Morrow, Marshon Brooks, and a pair of No. 1s."

"Which shelf life would they find more appealing?" Dave D asks referring to Howard and Williams.

Oh yeah.....

Rockice_8
02-28-2012, 10:00 AM
He ripped the Rock because of the sight lines for shooting, big deal, it was built for hockey and they won't be there next year.

This is the same old story over and over :horse:

Guy gets asked about another team, says nice things about other team, translation he wants to play there.

I will not deny that DAL has a legit shot at both Dwight and Deron because they have some good things going for them in DAL but there is no way that as of this moment they are a lock or even the front runners. How in the hell to you get that Deron is going to DAL out of that article?

Supporting cast in DAL
Dirk
Terry (with the MMLE)
1st round pick (in the 20's probably)
and 7 vet min contracts

Supporting cast in Brooklyn
Lopez (who I think will ultimately be traded for Josh Smith)
Brooks
Morrow
Shawne Williams (down year because of injuries but one season removed from leading the league in 3pt%)
Bogdanovic (who is a sharp shooting 6'8" swing man in Europe coming over)
1st round pick (top 5 most likely)
HOU 1st (will be in the 15-20 range)
MMLE
plus a few vets on the min like DAL would get

The Brooklyn arena and global brand in Brooklyn is too much for even Dirk and Cuban to overcome. It's pretty clear who the front runners are if they make it to FA.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
02-28-2012, 10:00 AM
If you have not noticed Deron likes messing around with the media. He has become more relaxed since coming to the Nets and I know he is not leaving. The question is Dwight not Deron.

robrobert13
02-28-2012, 10:08 AM

This brings up an interesting point. Deron was on a consistent playoff team with one of the greatest coaches of all time. He drove him out of town. Then he comes to the Nets and plays for an awful team with a terrible coach, yet aside from a few snarky remarks, he's been great. Why? In my opinion, he isn't acting like he did in Utah because he either knows he is leaving, or he knows help (Dwight) is on the way. Just something to think about...

Greet
02-28-2012, 10:09 AM
[/B]

This brings up an interesting point. Deron was on a consistent playoff team with one of the greatest coaches of all time. He drove him out of town. Then he comes to the Nets and plays for an awful team with a terrible coach, yet aside from a few snarky remarks, he's been great. Why? In my opinion, he isn't acting like he did in Utah because he either knows he is leaving, or he knows help (Dwight) is on the way. Just something to think about...

IIRC Avery Johnson won a COTY award.

Rockice_8
02-28-2012, 10:14 AM
I enjoy reading Oak's posts it shows the true fear that Knicks fan have towards what the Nets are capable of (or he's just a hater). The Knicks finally have a legit team and have the city by the balls and the Nets could slide in there next year with possibly the better team.

I'll admit I :facepalm: when Proky came to the Nets and said a chip by 2015 but if the Nets can sign Dwight and D-Will this off season he might not be that far off.

kdspurman
02-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Dwight and Deron will both be in Brooklyn.

Rockice_8
02-28-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm a Knicks fan and I've believed from the start that Dwight would end up in Brooklyn with Deron and it will start a great rivalry in NY. You've got Deron and Dwight vs Melo, Amare, and Tyson. Possibly Lin as well.

Now, I'm not saying it's something I want to happen as I'd rather the Nets just be terrible as it helps my team the Knicks, but I do believe Dwight ends up in NJ and it starts a great NY rivalry and I think we could very well see next years top 4 seeds in the east be Miami, Chicago, NY, and Brooklyn, which would be very fun to watch.

I agree 100% with this post. That rivalry will finally be a great one. Over the years in the early 90's the Knicks were good and the Nets sucked. In the late 90's early 2000's the Knicks sucked and the Nets were good, then they both just sucked for the past few years.

It'll be alot of fun to watch them both be good at the same time for once. Could you imagine an all NY ECF? That would be wild for the area.

Chill_Will_24
02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm a Knicks fan and I've believed from the start that Dwight would end up in Brooklyn with Deron and it will start a great rivalry in NY. You've got Deron and Dwight vs Melo, Amare, and Tyson. Possibly Lin as well.

Now, I'm not saying it's something I want to happen as I'd rather the Nets just be terrible as it helps my team the Knicks, but I do believe Dwight ends up in NJ and it starts a great NY rivalry and I think we could very well see next years top 4 seeds in the east be Miami, Chicago, NY, and Brooklyn, which would be very fun to watch.

Yea ive seen my fair share of level headed Knicks fans, like you. Most Knicks fans have never seen the Nets as any threat, and why should they? We have always been irrelevant in NY. However the idea that most Knicks fans like to float around about Brooklyn not mattering and that NY wont care is laughable.

Brooklyn is about to get its first sports team in 200 years and if that team happens to be a good one... it will be a very big deal whether Knicks fans acknowledge it or not.

waveycrockett
02-28-2012, 10:47 AM
I dont see anywhere that says he is going to Dallas. He was bombarded by questions from the media during allstar weekend about Dallas and said nice things about their fans and arena. I recall Dwight saying the samething about the Nets when he came here a week ago and every time LBJ walked into the garden and rolled on the Knicks

SINCESTARBURY25
02-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Dwight and Deron are going to the Knicks in a three team trade that also gives us Dirk
The only thing we are losing is Steve Novak and Jeremy Lin.
It makes perfect sense.

oak2455
02-28-2012, 10:54 AM

Wow cool you included me in your famous ppl discussion .. I never swayed one way or another but I guess you have me pegged:facepalm: I said its funny how ppl think Dirk is done so dk know why I'm scared and crying, dumb observation :D

NYman15
02-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Yea ive seen my fair share of level headed Knicks fans, like you. Most Knicks fans have never seen the Nets as any threat, and why should they? We have always been irrelevant in NY. However the idea that most Knicks fans like to float around about Brooklyn not mattering and that NY wont care is laughable.

Brooklyn is about to get its first sports team in 200 years and if that team happens to be a good one... it will be a very big deal whether Knicks fans acknowledge it or not.

Thanks for the compliment. and I agree that the Nets going to Brooklyn will be a big deal. They won't be irrelevant like they are now, even with them going after Dwight you barely ever hear about them. I still believe they'll be the 2nd team in NY, like the Mets, and I am a Mets fan by the way, but they'll be relevant and it will be a great rivalry. Lots of stars and 2 very good teams.

I don't see the Knicks making that much noise this year because I feel they need a full training camp with all of these different parts so I expect them to hit their stride next year like Miami did this year and I think in Brooklyn D-Will and Dwight will fit great and I think they could become a legit contender very fast if they put the right pieces around them. And if I was a Nets fan, I wouldn't worry about giving up assets in a trade for Dwight because as a Knicks fan I went through this with Melo and even though we gave up a lot of assets we've already become a deeper team now than we did at any point last year. If you're NJ you just make sure you get Dwight locked with D-Will and you're future is bright.

By the way, I consider you a very level headed poster as well.

NYman15
02-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Wow cool you included me in your famous ppl discussion .. I never swayed one way or another but I guess you have me pegged:facepalm: I said its funny how ppl think Dirk is done so dk know why I'm scared and crying, dumb observation :D

I don't really understand what you're trying to say, but if you think I was taking a shot at you, I wasn't. I don't do stuff like that and I consider you one of the better posters on tis board.

oak2455
02-28-2012, 11:02 AM
I don't really understand what you're trying to say, but if you think I was taking a shot at you, I wasn't. I don't do stuff like that and I consider you one of the better posters on tis board.

You posted me as crying and scared, it was funny ... Listen if the Nets get the two or one or whatever they will be a force either way like I said before they have good ownership that will make this franchise much better
*** edit I read it wrong off my phone that was Chill Will who apparently doesn't want to hear others opinions

oak2455
02-28-2012, 11:07 AM
This just in !!! if it doesn't pertain to the Knicks I shouldn't post at all.... Lmao

MagicHero3
02-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Always has been? The Nets have fielded one of the best teams in the past ten years when they had two straight finals appearances.

thats true, i did overlook that. I dont know if it was "one of the best teams of the passed decade", but it was def good.

ne3xchamps
02-28-2012, 12:06 PM

Agreed. Both going as free agents and they reconstruct dirk's deal!:speechless:

Miami part 2!

ne3xchamps
02-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Dwight and Deron are going to the Knicks in a three team trade that also gives us Dirk
The only thing we are losing is Steve Novak and Jeremy Lin.
It makes perfect sense.

:laugh:

I hope this is sarcasm.....for your sake.

ne3xchamps
02-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Dwight and Deron will both be in Brooklyn.

I like the optimism. :clap:

ball4reel
02-28-2012, 12:41 PM
As a die hard knick fan i can say i am not scared of the nets if they get Dwight!!! I welcome the rivalry and would go to both staduims to watch it...I think Dwight and Deron in bk would be great for New York And the knicks..

Gritz
02-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Lyin like a motha fu**a

THE MTL
02-28-2012, 01:33 PM
I hope he stays in NJ. Nets have more promise than Dallas. Dallas is an old team.

elonepb
02-28-2012, 01:53 PM
I guess the logic used by most people here is that every player is basically going to the Knicks because they like playing in the Garden?

nysportsfan02
02-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Deron + Dwight in Brooklyn has been a done deal ever since Deron was traded there.

It's just a matter of whether it's through trade or FA.

DoMeFavors
02-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Howdy Yall

Deron LOVES living in NY why would he want to go to Dallas where he would live on a ranch and ride horses all day?

Also

Why would he want to play with a bunch of old players now that will be a year older next year?

He wants to play with Dwight Howard who will be a Net in the next couple of weeks.

oak2455
02-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I guess the logic used by most people here is that every player is basically going to the Knicks because they like playing in the Garden?

I wanna see that post :confused: why are the Knicks always part of the discussion ? We could be talking politics and I think the Knicks would come up in conversation :D

Rockice_8
02-28-2012, 02:47 PM
I wanna see that post :confused: why are the Knicks always part of the discussion ? We could be talking politics and I think the Knicks would come up in conversation :D

http://en.gli.sh/oldBlog/content/binary/mfln130l.jpeg

All you do is post your Nets hate so let it go.

MagicHero3
02-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Howdy Yall

Deron LOVES living in NY why would he want to go to Dallas where he would live on a ranch and ride horses all day?

Also

Why would he want to play with a bunch of old players now that will be a year older next year?

He wants to play with Dwight Howard who will be a Net in the next couple of weeks.

you better hope not! if he goes over on a trade, Nets are going to be gutted and have to take on Hedo's contract. Honestly, its a worse situation for dwight and NJ if he goes over on a trade.

ll_eric_ll
02-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Howdy Yall

Also

lol, funny ***,...:laugh2:

Dallas would be a better destination for this tandem in terms of whats better for the league. I mean c'mon, NY already has too much attention as it is with the whole Jeremy Lin fiasco, and if your the NBA you want to spread that love around. Dallas/Ft Worth is a huge market, even tho the perception is that we sit around all day riding horses, lol we do more than just that, come down sometime partna, We'll show you how tha lone star state gets down...

oak2455
02-28-2012, 05:09 PM
http://en.gli.sh/oldBlog/content/binary/mfln130l.jpeg

All you do is post your Nets hate so let it go.
You must be sad :( one can't speak his opinion :D you guys make me laugh.... And also again never or where did I post hate you guys are getting Wayyyy too defensive

CudiOnMyiPod
02-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Dallas would be a better fit. Deron, Howard and Dirk alone will be better than Deron, Howard, Morrow, a 6 rpg center and draft picks.

I have faith that Cuban will get one of these if not both.

CudiOnMyiPod
02-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Howdy Yall

Also

Why would he want to live in Brooklyn. If there are other people like you in Brooklyn, the whole population must be ********.

Forget that that Deron said the AAC is his favorite arena. Forget that he isn't a douche like Bosh and actually loves playing back in his home town. Forget that Dallas has a player in Dirk who is better than any Net ever.

Forget that the Mavericks have Mark Cuban and he let Chandler, Barea and Butler walk all because this opportunity presented itself. Cuban is smart and if he knew he didn't have a good if not great chance at lansing 1 or both, he wouldn't have let the runner up in DPOY and the PG who caused nightmares for Miami and many other teams walk away.

Just like many Knicks fans, a lot of Nets fans are using the same arguments, "lol you guys are Nets haters". Give that **** a rest. It's old.

I'm about done. I'm going to ride out on my horse and go pitch some horseshoes on the ol' farm.

Oh. And I'm going to continue to celebrate this Championship trophy that Deron and Dwight could get familiar with if they signed here.

netsgiantsyanks
02-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Howdy Yall

Also

:pity: stop it.

netsgiantsyanks
02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Why would he want to live in Brooklyn. If there are other people like you in Brooklyn, the whole population must be ********.

Forget that that Deron said the AAC is his favorite arena. Forget that he isn't a douche like Bosh and actually loves playing back in his home town. Forget that Dallas has a player in Dirk who is better than any Net ever.

Forget that the Mavericks have Mark Cuban and he let Chandler, Barea and Butler walk all because this opportunity presented itself. Cuban is smart and if he knew he didn't have a good if not great chance at lansing 1 or both, he wouldn't have let the runner up in DPOY and the PG who caused nightmares for Miami and many other teams walk away.

Just like many Knicks fans, a lot of Nets fans are using the same arguments, "lol you guys are Nets haters". Give that **** a rest. It's old.

I'm about done. I'm going to ride out on my horse and go pitch some horseshoes on the ol' farm.

Oh. And I'm going to continue to celebrate this Championship trophy that Deron and Dwight could get familiar with if they signed here.

do not mind him. he's a troll. BUT, just because one plays in brooklyn, doesn't mean he has to live in brooklyn.

Rockice_8
02-28-2012, 05:53 PM

Well I'll listen to the guy above me that your a troll but just one quick point. It took one great Nets player to help Dirk become the player he is today. Let's not forget just two years ago he was a soft jump shooting Euro that would never win it all until Kidd came along.

oak2455
02-28-2012, 06:04 PM
I think most can agree that it's not the Nets that are hated it's one fan, that's probably it

netsgiantsyanks
02-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Well I'll listen to the guy above me that your a troll but just one quick point. It took one great Nets player to help Dirk become the player he is today. Let's not forget just two years ago he was a soft jump shooting Euro that would never win it all until Kidd came along.

lol, i was telling him not to listen to domefavors because he' a troll.

LTBaByyy
02-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Howdy Yall

Also

You have never been to Texas if you think he is going to live on a ranch

Wow.

LTBaByyy
02-28-2012, 09:19 PM
DoMeFavors will never be married

smith&wesson
02-28-2012, 09:33 PM
it really is like dominos. once one piece falls the rest follow through.

once we know what howards going to do we will know what deron will do shortly after.

LTBaByyy
02-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Howard and Deron wouldn't even be a in Bulls or Heat league

Add Dirk, and its scary. Dirk is the perfect compliment to Howard

LTBaByyy
02-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Remember when the Nets pulled out the red carpet and pictures of the new arena for Lebron?

What happened. They look so desperate. Who would want to play for Avery and that new owner?

They are too serious. Cuban and Carlisle are perfect for Howard and D Will personalities

kenzo400
02-28-2012, 09:44 PM
He ripped the Rock because of the sight lines for shooting, big deal, it was built for hockey and they won't be there next year.

This is the same old story over and over :horse:

Guy gets asked about another team, says nice things about other team, translation he wants to play there.

I will not deny that DAL has a legit shot at both Dwight and Deron because they have some good things going for them in DAL but there is no way that as of this moment they are a lock or even the front runners. How in the hell to you get that Deron is going to DAL out of that article?

Supporting cast in DAL
Dirk
Terry (with the MMLE)
1st round pick (in the 20's probably)
and 7 vet min contracts

Supporting cast in Brooklyn
Lopez (who I think will ultimately be traded for Josh Smith)
Brooks
Morrow
Shawne Williams (down year because of injuries but one season removed from leading the league in 3pt%)
Bogdanovic (who is a sharp shooting 6'8" swing man in Europe coming over)
1st round pick (top 5 most likely)
HOU 1st (will be in the 15-20 range)
MMLE
plus a few vets on the min like DAL would get

The Brooklyn arena and global brand in Brooklyn is too much for even Dirk and Cuban to overcome. It's pretty clear who the front runners are if they make it to FA.

Brook Lopez is in his fourth year. I don't think NJ will be willing to go that much over the cap to sign him. I'm pretty sure he's gone this year.
-Shawne Williams- is crap
-Bogdanovic- unproven, probably crap
1st round pick (ill give you that, its important)

As for the rest it all depends on what kind of a team they can assemble.

Also for Dallas i'm pretty sure Cuban is willing to go over the cap to create a good team. So thinking that they will do anything to stay under the cap is misleading.

blahblahyoutoo
02-28-2012, 10:05 PM

it'd be fun but too bad they won't win a championship together (without huge help).

oak2455
02-28-2012, 10:18 PM
it'd be fun but too bad they won't win a championship together (without huge help).

I'm confused they won't win if they go to Dallas..... I mean not 7 Championships, but they would probably win 1.........

HouRealCoach
02-28-2012, 10:23 PM
He will stay with the Nets and enjoy chilling with RocNation & other rappers in Brooklyn building his own dynasty instead of living in Dirk's shadow

tr3ymill3r
02-28-2012, 10:43 PM
I don't think these guys care anymore about living in the other shadows. If they could they could a majority of them would want to keep the All-Star team and just continue the season, Kobe would be the only one who wouldn't want the extra help.

DoMeFavors
02-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Sooo why would he want to go to Dallas? If he played like crap tonight and Nets still won? Brook Lopez looked MUCH better than Dirk so why would he want to play with Dirk over Lopez and Dwight again?

justen1
02-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Hey guys dont mean to bother but I started up a sports blog..Im 17 and just trying to get my name out there. Would mean alot if you checked it out and gave me some feedback. Thanks!
http://justenrosenberg.wordpress.com

BDawk4Prez
02-29-2012, 01:20 AM
If Deron goes to Dallas, Kidd as a back-up role would be perfect.

Throw in Howard too? Holy hell.

VinceCarter
02-29-2012, 01:36 AM
If Deron goes to Dallas, Kidd as a back-up role would be perfect.

Throw in Howard too? Holy hell.

Kidd would back up Deron in Brooklyn too.

waveycrockett
02-29-2012, 02:04 AM
LOL @ the MAVS

Young2Kinsler
02-29-2012, 02:24 AM
People keep talking in absolutes here way too much. It is all speculation at this point. I do think Dallas has a solid shot at landing Williams, Howard is a much longer shot to me. Even if Dallas were to just add Williams, this team would have alot of cap space left and be a very good team.

That being said, just wait people, we will know everything in a few short months.

yiformvp
02-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Remember when the Nets pulled out the red carpet and pictures of the new arena for Lebron?

What happened. They look so desperate. Who would want to play for Avery and that new owner?

They are too serious. Cuban and Carlisle are perfect for Howard and D Will personalities

lol do u hear your self!lol let me break it down to you mother****rs tht cant do math..okay lets say orl. doesnt trade howard, which would make no sense considering the guy has asked for a trade...but if (huge if) howard makes it to free agency he has a option of three teams Orl, Dallas, or BK......from all the articles i believe it's been well documented (pundits would agree) tht dwight wants to play with D-will....Nets can make howard n dwill max contract without having to move anyone, they already have the enough cap space with all the expiring contract on their roster, hump, okur, deshawn, etc....for dallas to offer both guys max contact they would need a miracle. The mavs will have to amnesty Haywood and find a taker for Shawn Marion, easier said then done considering he gonna make 9 million for the next 2 years n marion hasnt been good for years, n they have no assets to trade with marion,n every gm know if they take on marion there gonna help build another super team so imo they would be reluctant to do so.....soo lets say tht all happen lol he has a choice between an old dirk n 9 minimum salary guys or marshon brooks 2 good picks in a deepest draft since 2003, brook lopez, morrow (who dwight said he would love to play with) and the oppurtunity to make his own history n make resurrect a franchise........? come on mavs fans ...#pipedream

LTBaByyy
02-29-2012, 04:00 AM
lol do u hear your self!lol let me break it down to you mother****rs tht cant do math..okay lets say orl. doesnt trade howard, which would make no sense considering the guy has asked for a trade...but if (huge if) howard makes it to free agency he has a option of three teams Orl, Dallas, or BK......from all the articles i believe it's been well documented (pundits would agree) tht dwight wants to play with D-will....Nets can make howard n dwill max contract without having to move anyone, they already have the enough cap space with all the expiring contract on their roster, hump, okur, deshawn, etc....for dallas to offer both guys max contact they would need a miracle. The mavs will have to amnesty Haywood and find a taker for Shawn Marion, easier said then done considering he gonna make 9 million for the next 2 years n marion hasnt been good for years, n they have no assets to trade with marion,n every gm know if they take on marion there gonna help build another super team so imo they would be reluctant to do so.....soo lets say tht all happen lol he has a choice between an old dirk n 9 minimum salary guys or marshon brooks 2 good picks in a deepest draft since 2003, brook lopez, morrow (who dwight said he would love to play with) and the oppurtunity to make his own history n make resurrect a franchise........? come on mavs fans ...#pipedream

U mad? :)

yiformvp
02-29-2012, 04:17 AM
U mad? :)

No, just dont let the nets acquire dwight via free agency...**** would be a wrap

Jack of Blades
02-29-2012, 05:01 AM

lrn2spekenglish

Rockice_8
02-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Lopez made his case last night.

Redskins10
02-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Marion's trash, no one's gonna trade for him.