PDA

View Full Version : No Timetable for Lamar Odom Return to Mavs

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-27-2012, 07:49 PM
What is Wrong With This Guy? I think the Lakers got rid of him at the right moment.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7622264/no-timetable-lamar-odom-return-dallas-mavericks

Lamar Odom did not report back to the Dallas Mavericks on Monday and coach Rick Carlisle did not give a timetable for the forward's return.

Odom left the team last Wednesday to attend to his ill father in Los Angeles, a source confirmed. Odom missed the Mavs' loss to his former team, the Lakers, and apparently won't be in uniform when Dallas resumes the regular season at home Tuesday night against the New Jersey Nets.

"Lamar is not here today," Carlisle said Monday. "He is still dealing with a family matter and the hope is he'll join us soon, and we'll update you when there's an update."

Guard Rodrigue Beaubois did return to the Mavs on Monday. The third-year guard missed the last five games after the death of his father.

Odom has had a disappointing two months in his first season with the Mavs. He had trouble overcoming the death of his younger cousin last summer and reported to the Mavs admittedly out of shape.

He has averaged 7.7 points and 4.5 rebounds in 32 games. He won the league's Sixth Man of the Year award last season with the Lakers having averaged 14.4 points and 8.7 rebounds.

After three hopeful games in which Odom averaged 11.0 points on 13-of-25 shooting and 3.9 rebounds, Odom followed up in his final three games before the All-Star break with a total of 11 points and 13 rebounds.

Carlisle expressed optimism Friday during his weekly appearance on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM's "Galloway & Co." that Odom was getting close to turning a corner.

"I think we're closer than we've ever been to him playing well," Carlisle said. "We've just got to stay the course and stay positive about it. The guy's too good of a player and ... he has two bad games in a row and everybody's ready to jump again, but I'm not going there.

"I'm looking forward to getting him back after the break, and we're going to get right back at it. These nine games in 12 days will completely immerse all of us, and we won't have time to think twice about anything, so we're just going to play."

justinnum1
02-27-2012, 07:52 PM
that must make mavs fans happy

Young2Kinsler
02-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Hope all is well with his family, actually like the guy, but he can stay away from this team forever if you ask me.

waveycrockett
02-28-2012, 12:30 AM
What is Wrong With This Guy? I think the Lakers got rid of him at the right moment.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7622264/no-timetable-lamar-odom-return-dallas-mavericks

wtf is wrong with you? The dude has a sick father, his daughter just died. You would be chilling if you had a year like that?

Fresno
02-28-2012, 12:38 AM
His father is very sick. You could see his dad had medical problems in their TV show.

People dont realize Odom's dealt with tragedy all his life and his father is the only family he has left which is why he does so much for him although hes been a drug addict.

LAKERMANIA
02-28-2012, 01:03 AM
Sad.. I hope he gets through this

Ty Fast
02-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Sad.. I hope he gets through this

ya me to and i think he will bounce back next year.

OutOfTHEBLUE
02-28-2012, 01:24 AM
All of the personal issues aside (for which I do have sincere sympathy for the guy), the trade is starting to look pretty good for L.A.

I hope his personal life improves and does so really quickly, but as a fan I'm happy he isn't stinking it up on our bench.

LTBaByyy
02-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Is it too late for a refund?

I would honestly say Brian Cardinal is better than Lamar Odom

LTBaByyy
02-28-2012, 01:41 AM
He should take the rest of the season off, better for the Mavs and him

Fresno
02-28-2012, 01:43 AM
ya me to and i think he will bounce back next year.

I think he will too.

He'll have some time to really sit back and evaluate what happened this season, look for a new team that fits him well, and then be successful.

I really dont think he wants to be in Dallas and being away from his home in LA is probably wearing down on him. He may have requested a trade, but I doubt he actually thought the Lakers would actually trade him.

THINKBLUE15
02-28-2012, 01:54 AM
wtf is wrong with you? The dude has a sick father, his daughter just died. You would be chilling if you had a year like that?
What?

KingPosey
02-28-2012, 02:03 AM

well his brother died, he doesnt have any kids.

FriedTofuz
02-28-2012, 02:11 AM

This. Exactly. Some other people have no common sense whatesoever and are only blaming Lamar.

FriedTofuz
02-28-2012, 02:13 AM

Are you kidding me?:facepalm: His father is ill, you would be concerned over your loved ones too, wouldnt you? Have some understanding and stop blaming him as if he's doing anything wrong

mnatiq
02-28-2012, 02:16 AM

wtf is wrong wit you? :facepalm:

fadedmario
02-28-2012, 02:27 AM
He's finished. Became a reality star and forgot he was a basketball player.

thedfactor
02-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Hope all is well with his family, actually like the guy, but he can stay away from this team forever if you ask me.This wraps up my thoughts well.

The Final Boss
02-28-2012, 02:40 AM
Family first.

LakersMaster24
02-28-2012, 02:56 AM
If only the Lakers snagged someone like Beaubouis from Dallas too...

Bruno
02-28-2012, 03:04 AM
maybe dallas can buy him out and he can come back for the vets minimum :)

...thanks for the pick.

lakersfan01
02-28-2012, 03:22 AM
Thanks for picking up the Kartrashian tab Cuban lol.

LakersMaster24
02-28-2012, 03:34 AM
Its our turn to talk trash regarding the trade ;)

beliges
02-28-2012, 03:44 AM
All of the personal issues aside (for which I do have sincere sympathy for the guy), the trade is starting to look pretty good for L.A.

I hope his personal life improves and does so really quickly, but as a fan I'm happy he isn't stinking it up on our bench.

Oh ya, look how much it improved the Lakers. Giving away the 6th man of the Year for nothing made the Lakers real great this team. Lamar's heart and head are not in it for Dallas. I cant defend the lack of effort or professionalism because he needs to just suck it up. But it is what it is. LO still had a lot of game left for the Lakers. They screwed up.

LakersMaster24
02-28-2012, 03:53 AM

Oh ya, look how much it improved the Lakers. Giving away the 6th man of the Year for nothing made the Lakers real great this team. Lamar's heart and head are not in it for Dallas. I cant defend the lack of effort or professionalism because he needs to just suck it up. But it is what it is. LO still had a lot of game left for the Lakers. They screwed up.

Lakers didnt screw up. Cuban,Gilbert and Adolf Stern screwed us up.

Lim
02-28-2012, 05:27 AM
i honestly don't believe in curses but Lamar is as close as it comes to cursed as far as family is concerned. he was born in south jamacia queens(very rough hood) to a heroin addict father, mother died of cancer when he was a kid, raised by grand mom who died when he was 19, his infant son died in his sleep, his limo was involved in a crash that hit and killed a teenager, his close cousin died, now his dad is close to death. I may have missed something but his life has been pretty hard family wise, I'm surprised he has been this good to begin with considering all the distractions.

maryohhh
02-28-2012, 05:28 AM
i honestly don't believe in curses but Lamar is as close as it comes to cursed as far as family is concerned. he was born to a heroin addict father, mother died of cancer when he was a kid, raised by grand mom who died when he was 19, his infant son died in his sleep, his limo was involved in a crash that hit and killed a teenager, his close cousin died, now his dad is close to death. I may have missed something but his life has been pretty hard family wise, I'm surprised he has been this good to begin with considering all the distractions.

this. /thread

waveycrockett
02-28-2012, 10:52 AM
I think one thing is clear Odom isn't feeling Dallas like he was LA, Dallas just isnt a big market which is why I cant see Dwight over there.

CB29
02-28-2012, 11:37 AM

I seriously hope that you didn't read the full article and what other people posted about the losses that odom experienced in his life. Cause otherwise, that's a very insensitive and downright stupid post from you. It's extremely difficult overcoming family loss and odoms had more than his fair share. It's nothing something where you can say that he needs to suck it up.