PDA

View Full Version : Magic Deny Howard-to-LA Rumors

MetroMan
02-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Orlando Magic CEO: No Dwight Howard Trade to Lakers

The Orlando Magic front-office was in the business of shooting down rumors about Dwight Howard trade possibilities during All-Star Weekend: “The scuttlebutt is that the Magic would send Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson to the Lakers and the Magic would receive Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. A third team, the Toronto Raptors, could be part of the deal or in a separate trade with the Magic, sending point guard José Calderon to Orlando. Magic CEO Alex Martins told the Sentinel the rumor is wrong. The Magic have said all along that they will speak to Howard at some point before or on March 1 to see what he plans to do when he can become a free agent this summer. The Magic then would assess their situation from there. Team officials want to retain Howard long-term, but they have not ruled out a trade if they deem it necessary.”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/02/orlando-magic-ceo-no-dwight-howard-trade-to-lakers/

DaLakerz Rulz
02-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Hes just denying rumors. Does not mean anything is off. Make no mistake, they are looking at every option that is on the table now. There isn't that much time left. Probably just wants to keep Dwight's trade value as high as possible.

Ovratd1up
02-27-2012, 07:16 PM
I thought you were speaking complexly and understood completely differently.

"Dwight, to LA is off"

Gritz
02-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Never knew it was on. Until an official report comes out this is all speculation

IDB Josh M
02-27-2012, 07:17 PM
The "article" says nothing that the Orlando Magic CEO nixed the deal.

Avenged
02-27-2012, 07:18 PM
It's not off because it was never on.

Fresno
02-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Chaz the Bartender has seen plenty of Dwight Howard footage and he has advised Jim Buss that trading for Dwight Howard would be a huge mistake.

Chaz noted that Dwight settled for too many 3PT shots in the ASG and didnt contest the rim enough.

PC
02-27-2012, 07:20 PM
I didn't realize it was close to begin with in the first place...

raiderfaninTX
02-27-2012, 07:25 PM
did anyone remember bynum just had an injection in his knee yesterday

yeah its minor but when you have a history of knee problems I wouldn't do it

The Final Boss
02-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Basketball.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-27-2012, 07:28 PM

You have the greatest sig ever, I swear. I like the comedy yet truth in it. Gotta love MJ and Kobe!

waveycrockett
02-27-2012, 07:29 PM
The Dwight Howard abortion was found next to CP3 to LA in a dumpster after a Loyal Highscool Prom

Kevj77
02-27-2012, 07:35 PM

yeah its minor but when you have a history of knee problems I wouldn't do itTo be fair that is something that he will have to receive probably for the rest of his career two or three times per year, it keeps his knee lubricated and is not a sign of further complications. He will also wear the brace the rest of his career. It isn't a sign of him re-injuring the knee, but his knees will be a concern the rest of his career. It makes him a big risk to whatever team he is on.

L@ker4Life
02-27-2012, 07:40 PM

Not minor, preventative....big difference. This is scheduled to occur every 6 months for his entire career.

lvlheaded
02-27-2012, 07:44 PM
I didn't know it was on

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=u5oK8wkuFhc

justinnum1
02-27-2012, 07:44 PM
yesterdays news

JWO35
02-27-2012, 07:47 PM
I think they are better off...just letting him walk.

Slimsim
02-27-2012, 07:53 PM
D12 isn't going anywhere

ManRam
02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
This came out last night...

Otis is just playing things close to the belt...as he should. Of course he'll deny anything...and of course he's talking with LA. So, yeah...

ne3xchamps
02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Well that rumor didn't last long. :laugh2: *

*With that other thread, saying by march 1st.

MagicBucsSox
02-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Why are lal fans in denial? Bynum couldn't finish a DAMN ALL STAR GAME cause his knee, wake the f up

JWO35
02-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Why are lal fans in denial? Bynum could finish a DAMN ALL STAR GAME cause his knee, wake the f up

:laugh:

ThunderousDemon
02-27-2012, 08:18 PM
I think they are better off...just letting him walk.

:facepalm:

ThunderousDemon
02-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Why are lal fans in denial? Bynum could finish a DAMN ALL STAR GAME cause his knee, wake the f up

:punish: Don't talk out of place child.

justinnum1
02-27-2012, 08:21 PM

:laugh2: thats funny

showtym24
02-27-2012, 08:38 PM

He's the second best center. There is no denying that.

shep33
02-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Why are lal fans in denial? Bynum couldn't finish a DAMN ALL STAR GAME cause his knee, wake the f up

Haha I laughed at this, pretty funny actually.

But Howard was horrible yesterday too. Bynum did the smart thing and took the concerns of his team over the ASG. I'm glad he did, the ASG is not made for bigs like Bynum, Hibbert, Marc Gasol etc.

He did the right thing by taking it easy.

His knee isn't injured by the way, he gets this done every couple months, and because of the condensed schedule he couldn't really get an injection anytime else.

But whatever, I don't want Howard for the cost of our two bigs anyways. It's a terrible trade for LA. Seems like Howard won't get traded according to reports... This is the Shaq situation all over again, and it shouldn't be, but because Howard has been flip flopping on staying or leaving, he's left the Magic FO in a pickle. Guy is a complete bonehead

lakerfan85
02-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Haha I laughed at this, pretty funny actually.

But Howard was horrible yesterday too. Bynum did the smart thing and took the concerns of his team over the ASG. I'm glad he did, the ASG is not made for bigs like Bynum, Hibbert, Marc Gasol etc.

He did the right thing by taking it easy.

His knee isn't injured by the way, he gets this done every couple months, and because of the condensed schedule he couldn't really get an injection anytime else.

But whatever, I don't want Howard for the cost of our two bigs anyways. It's a terrible trade for LA. Seems like Howard won't get traded according to reports... This is the Shaq situation all over again, and it shouldn't be, but because Howard has been flip flopping on staying or leaving, he's left the Magic FO in a pickle. Guy is a complete bonehead
I agree Shep... Lakers don't need Howard.. Whats gonna be real funny though is if the Magic don't trade him and he signs somewhere else as a free agent...

lakerfan85
02-27-2012, 09:35 PM

I'm an LA fan and i'm not in denial... Keep Howard Lakers don't need him..

blahblahyoutoo
02-27-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm an LA fan and i'm not in denial... Keep Howard Lakers don't need him..

yup, lakers are better off without howard.

Raph12
02-27-2012, 11:40 PM
I told you Brian Schmitz is full of ****, he's just trying to get readers...

Avenged
02-27-2012, 11:49 PM
yup, lakers are better off without howard.

We are better off without him right now since he won't solve any of our PG nor depth issues. In fact we're actually losing depth if we were to acquire Dwight by losing both Pau and Bynum.

The only reason I would want Dwight is to ensure we have someone to build around for the future but reports indicate he's not interested in signing in LAL long term so that throws that out the window.