PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose: "I can dance. But there’s a time and place for that"

ManRam
02-27-2012, 04:13 PM
OK. So if it isn't at the AS Game...where and when is it? ;)

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bulls/2012/2/27/2828096/derrick-rose-dance-at-the-all-star-game

Local rap group BBU scored a viral hit in 2009 with a song titled "Chi Don't Dance", words Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose apparently takes very literally.

As it became clear Rose would start his first All-Star Game a season ago, much of the hype leading up to the affair centered on the Eastern Conference's starting lineup introductions. Specifically: with the team being led by charismatic perennial All-Stars LeBron James and Dwight Howard, the East had a bit of a reputation for getting jiggy with it when the lights went dim and the smoke machines were turned on just before tip-off. This baby definitely knows what I'm talking about. But when Rose was pressed on the issue in the weeks leading up to the game, he made it very clear he was certifiably dreading the moment with a series of very candid and very hilarious quotes. The occasion came and went and Derrick remained statue still -- not even a smile, much less a quick hip pop.

On Sunday, Rose made his second All-Star start. The world waited anxiously: would Chicago's homegrown superstar cut a rug and throw the deuce up in the sky just for the shutterbuggs? In a word, no.

As LeBron and Co. basked in the spotlight, Rose......just stood there, waived, and made the same face he always makes.

As we noted on Friday, the All-Star experience is a joyless one for our business-or-bust Bulls. I think it's funny and great, but some other high-volume NBA observers were less pleased. SB Nation NBA czar Tom Ziller fired off a series of tweets in the moment condemning Rose for his clear dissent towards fun. Meant to be read from the bottom-up.

Because this is a Very Important Issue, D. Rose was asked about dancing after the game by the Tribune's K.C. Johnson. His response was amazing.

"I can dance. But there’s a time and place for that. And I don’t think that it was then and there."

Click the link for pictures, and a GIF.

Such a non-issue, but I'm excited to see both sides fight over this like it's the most important issue. He's either the greatest leader of all time because he doesn't dance at the all-star game, and doesn't want to put on a show...or it's silly of him not to want to put on a show, it's lame of him not to want to have a little fun and act like a human, and it sucks seeing him so uncomfortable with having fun.

Ding, ding, ding! Fight!

nickdymez
02-27-2012, 04:20 PM
I knew this would come up. I was watching the game with over 20 people and everyone agreed that Rose was the only one not looking stupid. Having fun is one thing, but come on. I thought it was dumb as hell last year too. Just made me respect Rose more for some reason. No matter what he seems to take the game serious.

xsilencerx
02-27-2012, 04:22 PM
He just didn't want to look stupid in public I would have done the same thing.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:22 PM
An All-Star game isnt the time and place? The kid just isnt charismatic, no shame in that, hes all business and we dont watch him to dance anyways.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Why would he look stupid? Is he that bad of a dancer?

jp611
02-27-2012, 04:25 PM
That's Roses attitude, I'd rather him be himself than dance around like a clown, he's all business and really doesn't care what people think about it, you could tell he was annoyed by it

xsilencerx
02-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Why would he look stupid?

IDK if you go back and watch just the way Bron look makes him look goofy IMO.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-27-2012, 04:26 PM
He and Kobe are very similar. It's not in their personality to do that in public.

JC_
Can't fault him for not wanting to dance with his eastern conference enemies but I hope he'll eventually be able to loosen up and have fun on allstar weekend cause it's meant to be lighthearted and fun.

Sly Guy
I respect the kid who's 'all business', sure ASG is supposed to be fun, but can't hold it against someone for acting professionally at their job, even just it's the NBA version of the xmas office party.

ChiSox219

Grant Park shortly after the parade route is completed.

Sadds The Gr8
02-27-2012, 04:27 PM
I thought he could've at least smiled and raised his arm to give a little wave to the crowd or something (probably what I would've done). He seems to be a boring/quiet/to himself personality but that's something you can't really blame him for, it's just him....some people are just like that but it's not often that you see those people in the NBA. Guy just wants to play basketball...that's it.

He's probably boring as hell to chill with lol

ManRam
02-27-2012, 04:29 PM
The AS Game is an exhibition. The fans want a show. Since when is dancing stupid, of foul, or wrong? It isn't.

However, the only point here is that it just isn't his personality to be charismatic. That's really all it is. It isn't him being holier-than-everyone else. It isn't him being a Debbie-downer who doesn't want to have fun...it's just him being him.

He's not a hero, and he's not a villain here. That's really all it is. But it's fun to see people think otherwise.

He could have at least smiled, and looked happy to be there. But again, I don't care. He's Derrick...

JC_
02-27-2012, 04:29 PM
An All-Star game isnt the time and place? The kid just isnt charismatic, no shame in that, hes all business and we dont watch him to dance anyways.

Very true.

Gators123
02-27-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't care that he didn't want dance, but that WAS the time and place for it.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:30 PM

Bron looks confident and charismatic, only a hater would think a player looks stupid.

smith&wesson
02-27-2012, 04:31 PM
not only did he not dance, but he looked at lebron and dwight like they were ******** lol ...

infact in football players often celebrate with silly dances in reg season games. no one see's it as a problem. lebron did play high school foot ball its probably where he picked it up from ... i dont see anything wrong with it.

xsilencerx
02-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Bron looks confident and charismatic, only a hater would think a player looks stupid.

No, I respect LeBron he is the best player in the league and have nothing against him. Just because my opinion is different doesn't make me a hater.

CubZwin38
It's certainly not the best time and place. It's also not the worst time and place. It just exemplifies who Rose is and that he doesn't showboat but instead is all work and no play. I'll take that in a leader every day.

I'll also take winning a championship with hard work, great leadership and excellent team basketball over winning not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5....with some insanely talented athletes who act like clowns at every turn and have little respect for the people around them and the game of basketball.

ChitownSports16
I thought he could've at least smiled and raised his arm to give a little wave to the crowd or something (probably what I would've done). He seems to be a boring/quiet/to himself personality but that's something you can't really blame him for, it's just him....some people are just like that but it's not often that you see those people in the NBA. Guy just wants to play basketball...that's it.

Thought he did a little :shrug:

Anyways, good for him... Proud to say I'm from the chi!

The goods
When your the MVP you don't need to dance.
But he's all business you can tell.

ManRam
02-27-2012, 04:33 PM
No, I respect LeBron he is the best player in the league and have nothing against him. Just because my opinion is different doesn't make me a hater.

How is dancing with your teammates during an ALL STAR GAME intro stupid? Please, explain. I don't get it. I don't think it's cool either, but what is foul about it?

I've never heard people be so proud about anyone being all business at an all-star game. Ever. Even the most cutthroat players ever loosened up from time to time and put on an entertaining show.

ChiSox219
02-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Who saw Deng repping Africa?

Chronz
Sure it does, we arent talking about basketball. Your a hater if you think he looks stupid.

Thats like saying Shaq looked stupid when he went up with the jabberwockies, when in reality it was one of the highlights of the evening. There is nothing stupid about putting on a show for the fans.

haggis
You'd get shot in Englewood if you danced like the others did. Derrick knows that much.

xsilencerx
How is dancing with your teammates during an ALL STAR GAME intro stupid? Please, explain. I don't get it. I don't think it's cool either, but what is foul about it?

I have no problem with it I just prefer that my Star player is all business.

MTL_123
02-27-2012, 04:35 PM
he acted like he didnt even want to be there even wen the east was on a run rose was just siting on the bench doing nothing acting like he didnt want to be there.

haggis
Who saw Deng repping Africa?

I did. You think Stern is going to fine him for that?

Sadds The Gr8
Thought he did a little :shrug:

nah he just stood there rocking side to side. I don't think he likes attention on him when he's not playing basketball. just seems to be his personality

ChitownSports16
02-27-2012, 04:36 PM
You'd get shot in Englewood if you danced like the others did. Derrick knows that much.

:clap: lol

xsilencerx
We arent talking about basketball. Your a hater if you think he looks stupid.

Thats your opinion man and my opinion is that your a troll and I base that opinion by reading your replies in multiple threads.

Slimsim
If Rose Wasn't a bull I would love him till death. He's cool, Lol at lebron Clown Jking

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Who cares

CubZwin38
02-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Of course, these are the same guys that did this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BqUBYaHlM

That one moment will forever make me dislike how these guys present themselves.

I know it's the "time and place" line that people don't understand but it's just the fact that this is all these guys ever do. They are attention whores.

ManRam
02-27-2012, 04:38 PM

Even at the all-star game?

I don't see what it matters if you're all business or not there. It's an exhibition. It's a show. Who cares? I'd rather see them having fun, doing exciting and entertaining things, than not...I want competitiveness, but dancing during the intros (the crowd did cheer noticeably louder) has NOTHING to do with playing basketball. So I don't get why it's "all business".

haggis
02-27-2012, 04:39 PM
nah he just stood there rocking side to side. I don't think he likes attention on him when he's not playing basketball. just seems to be his personality

He waved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Zat1qTCwM7M#t=301s

ChiSox219
manram trolling hard

nickdymez

lol@ Calling someone a hater because he thinks Lebron looks stupid dancing around.

jp611
02-27-2012, 04:40 PM
If Derrick would have danced I wouldn't have cared, but I do love how he doesn't just follow the crowd because everyone else is doing it, that's not him... I want him to be himself

pd1dish
Rose easily had just as much fun as anybody else out there. hes just not an obnoxious, egotistical clown like 99% of the rest of the league.

chitown815
He and Kobe are very similar. It's not in their personality to do that in public.

And there are 5 reasons i would rather him do business like kobe, and less like lebron

MTL_123

THis

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:42 PM
LMFAO

Thats entirely different than saying he looks stupid

Stunner
02-27-2012, 04:43 PM
You guys are overreacting, Rose did raise his hand , Rose wasn't in the 4th because Tibbs was resting him, You guys knew this 3 years about Rose , Rose can dance I've seen it , Rose didn't want to be there he was looking forward towards Tuesday , this is long, Let Rose be Rose this is a bait thread wait no it isn't, I want cookies.

nickdymez
And there are 5 reasons i would rather him do business like kobe, and less like lebron

This

JC_
http://youtu.be/ZczejHLBaG4 <- Derrick Rose gettin down

LOL

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:44 PM
lol@ Calling someone a hater because he thinks Lebron looks stupid dancing around.
Its true, your essentially faulting Bron for putting on a show at an All-Star game.

Shaq was awesome when he was putting on his dance moves, if anyone thinks he looks stupid they are hating. Its one thing if its not your cup of tea, but degrading someone for doing something fans love is the definition of hatred.

CubZwin38
02-27-2012, 04:44 PM
For the record, I didn't see any of the West starters jumping around like A-holes either.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:45 PM

LOL

I take it back, he knows how to get down.

He115ing
Good job D Rose. All the other players look stupid when they dance there.

phi2134
The NBA wasn't always like this....I prefer the intro's below, the guys had a lot more class.. This has only started in the past 5-7 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF073o4J-s8

Slimsim
manram trolling hard

lol i agree

Big Zo
02-27-2012, 04:46 PM
I don't care for the dancing one way or the other. My focus was on how you could hear a pin drop when the players were announced. Terrible crowd. That being said, he does seem to have the personality of Al Gore.

CHANGO
02-27-2012, 04:46 PM
The East starting lineup was 4 buddies and... D Rose.

This says it all...

jp611
02-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Lebron dances, who cares, that's him... Be yourself... Rose doesn't like to do that stuff, why is it a big deal? I only watched the opening cuz I wanted to see how Thibs and Rose would react, the glitz and the glamour of the all star game just isn't for those 2

haggis
02-27-2012, 04:47 PM

LOL

I take it back, he knows how to get down.

That's not Derrick.

It's this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQlZnR47xMk

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:48 PM
LOL, yup because Shaq never dances

nickdymez
02-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Its true, your essentially faulting Bron for putting on a show at an All-Star game.

Shaq was awesome when he was putting on his dance moves, if anyone thinks he looks stupid they are hating. Its one thing if its not your cup of tea, but degrading someone for doing something fans love is the definition of hatred.

I see the point your trying to make. But i still don't agree. Just because you think Lebron looked "cool" doesn't mean me or anyone else does for that matter. Some people think Shaq looked stupid when he would put on a show involved with antics. At the end of the day, there is no formula for an all-star game. The west didn't dance around. I don't think i recall All-Star games in the late 80's and early 90's where Jordan and Ewing stood by one another and did the cabbage patch or started break dancing to "put on a show". I want to see Basketball players put on a show on the court.

jp611
02-27-2012, 04:49 PM
And shaq came out with the jabowackeez or whatever a few years ago... Who gives a ****?

Avenged
02-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Nothing wrong with what he said. It's probably just in his personality. He is a basketball player after all.

I don't know much about Rose's personality but he seems like the laid back, shy, quiet boy.

nickdymez
02-27-2012, 04:51 PM

And if you fast forward to the 4 minute 26 second mark, shaq is all business.. This is of course before he won a ring.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:52 PM
manram trolling hard
Nope

Trolling would be saying he looks stupid for dancing/not dancing. Me and Manram dont give a **** what these guys do, there is no need to degrade or praise anyone.

Thats your opinion man and my opinion is that your a troll and I base that opinion by reading your replies in multiple threads.
Can you back your opinion?

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:53 PM

And if you fast forward to the 4 minute 26 second mark, shaq is all business.. This is of course before he won a ring.

Didnt he get swept that year? Must be because he didnt dance at the all-star game

CubZwin38
DRose dances on the basketball court.

haggis
Nothing wrong with what he said. It's probably just in his personality. He is a basketball player after all.

I don't know much about Rose's personality but he seems like the laid back, shy, quiet boy.

He loves his mother too.

STONE HIM!!!!

Vincent
02-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Derrick's trying to sell his brand.

He's been market as a no-nonsense mind on basketball 24/7 guy who's not really into showboating since his rookie year.

His comments were kind of extreme (time and place), but I think he just wants to differentiate himself from LeBron/Wade/Howard.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. Some fans like their players to be like Magic Johnson, some like them like Tim Duncan.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:55 PM
I see the point your trying to make. But i still don't agree. Just because you think Lebron looked "cool" doesn't mean me or anyone else does for that matter. Some people think Shaq looked stupid when he would put on a show involved with antics. At the end of the day, there is no formula for an all-star game. The west didn't dance around. I don't think i recall All-Star games in the late 80's and early 90's where Jordan and Ewing stood by one another and did the cabbage patch or started break dancing to "put on a show". I want to see Basketball players put on a show on the court.

You clearly dont get my point. You cant knock a player for doing something fans love. That you dont love it doesnt change the fact that LOTS of people do. It was one of the highlights of the show, anyone who thinks Shaq looked stupid for doing something fans love is a hater, plain and simple.

You can say you like your player being all business and no emotion, but you cant fault a player for taking the other route.

xsilencerx
02-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Nope

Trolling would be saying he looks stupid for dancing/not dancing. Me and Manram dont give a **** what these guys do, there is no need to degrade or praise anyone.

No I don't feel like wasting my time and going through your posts so I'll just block you. ;)

nickdymez
02-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Didnt he get swept that year? Must be because he didnt dance at the all-star game

Yes he did. He didn't dance the next couple years either. He did after 2000 though when he won. All us Laker fans did too. We danced 3 times actually. (in a row)

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Derrick's trying to sell his brand.

He's been market as a no-nonsense mind on basketball 24/7 guy who's not really into showboating since his rookie year.

His comments were kind of extreme (time and place), but I think he just wants to differentiate himself from LeBron/Wade/Howard.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. Some fans like their players to be like Magic Johnson, some like them like Tim Duncan.

And neither one looks stupid for being themselves. For anyone to say otherwise is pure hatred.

To be honest though, thats Rose's best route, most of his promos look forced.

Sox72
02-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Nope

Huh? Why is that trolling? If he looks stupid when he dances, he looks stupid when he dances. I thought he looked pretty silly as well.

Saying he choked at the end of the game, he isn't the best player, or things of that nature is trolling. Saying he looks stupid when he dances is not. He does.

Stunner
Who cares !!!!

smith&wesson

ya i think he tries to protect his public image. he doesnt want the scrutiny that lebron recieves. i think durant and rose try to come off as very mature and level headed. they dont want the cool, fun image. they want the stricktly business image.

Chill_Will_24
I loved it. Everyone of them looked like clowns. I liked that Rose was serious and had his game face on. That boy there to win, not dance.

The fact that they were clowning around is the reason that they lost. Dwight shooting 3s smh

I respect Rose so much for that. He has imo the best personality in the NBA. Maybe only second to Durant.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Yes he did. He didn't dance the next couple years either. He did after 2000 though when he won. All us Laker fans did too. We danced 3 times actually. (in a row)

Guess who was the first person to ever dance at an All-Star game.

Sox72
And neither one looks stupid for being themselves. For anyone to say otherwise is pure hatred.

To be honest though, thats Rose's best route, most of his promos look forced.

This is just flat-out wrong.

Sinestro
I think the dancing looked stupid does that make me a hater as much as someone who says they think Rose looked stupid just standing there

Stunner
02-27-2012, 05:00 PM
If people dont care why sit here and try and argue a battle about he say / she ****. If someone thinks it's stupid let them think it's an opinion you can't fight that.

chitown815
02-27-2012, 05:01 PM
LOL, yup because Shaq never dances

Exactly he is a big goof on tnt who was great and bounced around kobe is a top 2 in nba ever its called class

Chronz
Huh? Why is that trolling? If he looks stupid when he dances, he looks stupid when he dances. I thought he looked pretty silly as well.

Look at the options I gave. Manram was indifferent, the other is degrading.

Saying he choked at the end of the game, he isn't the best player, or things of that nature is trolling. Saying he looks stupid when he dances is not. He does.
I disagree, if you have actual tangible evidence to support your opinion then its not trolling, thats an actual debate/discussion.

netsgiantsyanks
derrick rose can do whatever the **** he wants, because he's derrick rose.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Exactly he is a big goof on tnt who was great and bounced around kobe is a top 2 in nba ever its called class

Top 2? Today, certainly not all time.

And yea, Kobe is the epitome of class.

Sox72
02-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Look at the options I gave. Manram was indifferent, the other is degrading.

I disagree, if you have actual tangible evidence to support your opinion then its not trolling, thats an actual debate/discussion.

So, then giving an opinion on anything that is not stats-related is trolling?

Canterbury
02-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Such a non-issue, but I'm excited to see both sides fight over this like it's the most important issue. He's either the greatest leader of all time because he doesn't dance at the all-star game, and doesn't want to put on a show...or it's silly of him not to want to put on a show, it's lame of him not to want to have a little fun and act like a human, and it sucks seeing him so uncomfortable with having fun.

Ding, ding, ding! Fight!
Well I'm glad some people treat the forum like their personal playground.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 05:03 PM
How so?

I think the dancing looked stupid does that make me a hater as much as someone who says they think Rose looked stupid just standing there
Yes, anyone who thinks either of these guys looks foolish for being themselves is a hater.

chitown815
02-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Top 2? Today, certainly not all time.

And yea, Kobe is the epitome of class.

He will retire 2nd best

SteBO
02-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Care to explain how?

Chronz
02-27-2012, 05:05 PM
So, then giving an opinion on anything that is not stats-related is trolling?
If its derogatory, yes

Sinestro
02-27-2012, 05:06 PM
How so?

Yes, anyone who thinks either of these guys looks foolish for being themselves is a hater.

Its not hating its an opinion I don't think less of LeBron as a player for dancing I just think it looks stupid and if someone thinks Rose standing there looks stupid thats fine as well doesn't make either of us a hater just someone who doesn't like that course of action

Sox72
02-27-2012, 05:06 PM
How so?

Because you're inferring that someone's negative opinion on anything (not related to stats) must be attributed to hatred.

Kashmir13579
02-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Grant Park shortly after the parade route is completed.

Boom!

Sox72
02-27-2012, 05:10 PM
If its derogatory, yes

Well, I think that's very shortsighted, but okay. I just disagree.

Master Mind
02-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Everyone is overreacting. News flash to all--We don't really know these guys...We'd like to think we do but we don't. Rose seem to be very docile and soft spoken but I would have never thought he'd fight over a girl or sign off on someone else taking his SATs. Stop acting like you know these guys and stop making assessments from clips and politically fixed responses in interviews.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Its not hating its an opinion I don't think less of LeBron as a player for dancing I just think it looks stupid and if someone thinks Rose standing there looks stupid thats fine as well doesn't make either of us a hater just someone who doesn't like that course of action
Again, we arent talking about basketball. We are talking about human beings and their personality. And its a hateful opinion that is based on..... what exactly?

Why cant you see things from an objective standpoint and realize that you cant fault a player for doing something fans love. I understand you not liking it, but there is a difference between saying you dont like something and saying it looks stupid.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Because you're inferring that someone's negative opinion on anything (not related to stats) must be attributed to hatred.

Sounds right to me.

If you have a negative opinion of someone that is totally baseless, I just dont see any other word for it.

Sox72
02-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Again, we arent talking about basketball. We are talking about human beings and their personality. And its a hateful opinion that is based on..... what exactly?

Why cant you see things from an objective standpoint and realize that you cant fault a player for doing something fans love. I understand you not liking it, but there is a difference between saying you dont like something and saying it looks stupid.

This "hateful" opinion isn't based on his personality. Saying someone looks stupid when they dance is an opinion based on your perception of the events that you viewed, not who he is as a person. I don't know how to be more objective.

Sinestro

Not all fans love it, fine take basketball out of it am I "hating" if I disagree with how someone does something in a public context no its my opinion of it, not everyone is raised the same if I believe its stupid its my opinion not hate but whatever I'm done arguing over such a dumb topic

Chronz
Well, I think that's very shortsighted, but okay. I just disagree.

Agree to disagree, I just dont see the need to spread animosity when it comes to matters like this. Why do either of them have to look stupid?

Raps18-19 Champ
02-27-2012, 05:17 PM
He should have gotten Joakim Noah to teach him some dance moves.

But yea, if he's not the type to dance, so be it. I don't recall more serious players like Duncan dancing.

Though I will say a smile and a hand raise should have come from him.

jammastershake
02-27-2012, 05:17 PM
You think Michael Jordan would have come out dancing? **** no.

This is another case of a black man getting the "he aint black enough" treatment, that a player like Donavan McNabb got, or players that go to Duke get. D-Rose doesn't want to act a fool like that in public, so he doesn't, and now he got people hating on him. So I have no problem being a hater on LeBron and saying he looked like a clown, as always.

Sox72
02-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Sounds right to me.

If you have a negative opinion of someone that is totally baseless, I just dont see any other word for it.

First, it's not a negative opinion of him as a person. It's about how he looked at that moment.

Second, it's not baseless if it's due to your feelings concerning what you watched.

Third, I think Rose just standing there made him look a little uptight and awkward. Is this based on "hatred"?

Chronz
Not all fans love it, fine take basketball out of it am I "hating" if I disagree with how someone does something in a public context no its my opinion of it, not everyone is raised the same if I believe its stupid its my opinion not hate but whatever I'm done arguing over such a dumb topic
I never said all fans love it so please stop with the strawman arguments. I know not everyone is raised the same, thats partly why we have so much ignorance in the world. Imagine if we were all raised to respect one another for being who we are. Why do either of them have to look stupid?

Rivera
Lol this is why i sigged it

JasonJohnHorn
02-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Rose is all business. I love it. LBJ and Wade celebrate way to much (and I'm no baiting here, just stating the obvious). Rose wants to win, so he'll score, then get back on D. You gotta respect the business first mentality. I do. I'm pulling for the Bulls this year, I'd love to see that team in the finals. I think they got what it takes.

Master Mind
02-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Rose is all business. I love it. LBJ and Wade celebrate way to much (and I'm no baiting here, just stating the obvious). Rose wants to win, so he'll score, then get back on D. You gotta respect the business first mentality. I do. I'm pulling for the Bulls this year, I'd love to see that team in the finals. I think they got what it takes.

Every player celebrates, even Rose.

Master Mind
02-27-2012, 05:21 PM

This is another case of a black man getting the "he aint black enough" treatment, that a player like Donavan McNabb got, or players that go to Duke get. D-Rose doesn't want to act a fool like that in public, so he doesn't, and now he got people hating on him. So I have no problem being a hater on LeBron and saying he looked like a clown, as always.

Has nothing to do with color bro

Chronz
02-27-2012, 05:22 PM
First, it's not a negative opinion of him as a person. It's about how he looked at that moment.

Second, it's not baseless if it's due to your feelings concerning what you watched.

So only Bron looked stupid when he was dancing or all players look stupid when dancing?

Baseless was probably the wrong word, how about totally and completely subjective.

Third, I think Rose just standing there made him look a little uptight and awkward. Is this based on "hatred"?
Thats a good point, maybe I went overboard. The only thing I can come up with is that awkward and uptight arent necessarily derogatory statements, certainly nothing like stupid.

Nycbball08
02-27-2012, 05:22 PM

How is he looking stupid?..it's all-star wk end, it all about having fun...!
Rose just need to take that stick out his butt.

ChiSox219
02-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Nope

The OP was textbook trolling in my opinion but I like Manram so i just laughed

sixer04fan
02-27-2012, 05:24 PM
He didn't feel like dancing. Who cares? Lol

beasted86
02-27-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't care that he didn't want dance, but that WAS the time and place for it.

This.

Nycbball08
02-27-2012, 05:26 PM

U r 1 dumb chit...! :facepalm:

kdspurman
02-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Some guys just don't do that. I ain't mad at D-Rose. This was the most I've seen guys like Nash/Timmy do lol (was pretty funny to see them and Yao do this) But who cares, not everyone has that personality of LeBron or Dwight to do that. They get paid to play ball, all that extra stuff is just that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz3SP-LDjt8

jammastershake
02-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Has nothing to do with color bro

No, it does. If it was Nash or Dirk who was the 5th starter on the east, and wasn't dancing, this issue wouldn't have even been brought up.

It's just another form of black on black hate, because Rose didn't want to come out dancing, and being all hip-hop.

GiantsSwaGG
02-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Folks don't dance

Sox72
02-27-2012, 05:29 PM
So only Bron looked stupid when he was dancing or all players look stupid when dancing?

Baseless was probably the wrong word, how about totally and completely subjective.

Thats a good point, maybe I went overboard. The only thing I can come up with is that awkward and uptight arent necessarily derogatory statements, certainly nothing like stupid.

Neither. I don't know why it has to be one end of the extreme or the other. Lebron isn't the only one who looks silly to me, nor do I think everyone does. (Shaq looks HILARIOUS! It's hard not to find a giant 7 foot baby dancing funny)

Also, I wouldn't call it completely subjective. It's not subjective in the sense that the opinion is formed based on the who it's about, which is what I believe you are inferring. It can be an objective person's feelings that they looked silly.

And I would hate to be known as awkward and uptight. But yes, "stupid" does come off a little more negative.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-27-2012, 05:30 PM
No, it does. If it was Nash or Dirk who was the 5th starter on the east, and wasn't dancing, this issue wouldn't have even been brought up.

It's just another form of black on black hate, because Rose didn't want to come out dancing, and being all hip-hop.

:laugh2:

Really?

Bishnoff
02-27-2012, 05:33 PM
I knew this would come up. I was watching the game with over 20 people and everyone agreed that Rose was the only one not looking stupid. Having fun is one thing, but come on. I thought it was dumb as hell last year too. Just made me respect Rose more for some reason. No matter what he seems to take the game serious.

This.

THE GIPPER
02-27-2012, 05:34 PM
This is so dumb. If he doesnt want to dance, fine. If Lebron wants to jump around, fine. Who cares? Why is this a thread? Why are we making this a big deal?

da ThRONe
02-27-2012, 05:35 PM
The only thing I have a problem with is Rose's comment. He basically implied that the rest of the guys were out of line dancing simply because he didn't want to.

The Flash
02-27-2012, 05:35 PM
You guys really care if they danced or not?

sciferguy
02-27-2012, 05:41 PM
People always talk talk about the 90's and before how there was a rivalry between everyone and now finally someone from the east is finally taking a rivalry seriously and people down him for that.

The guys doesn't want to dance with his enemies and I respect that completely.

I'm tired of everybody loving everybody and trying to fit in and be politically correct. This is a game of competitiveness and I love it.

JasonJohnHorn
02-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Did anybody notice that none of the white players on the Eastern Conference All-Star team danced? Crazy.... oh wait, there wasn't any white players on the East.

How about we talk about D-Wade's triple double instead :-)

ManRam
02-27-2012, 05:42 PM
As I expected...120 posts in what...an hour?

sp1derm00
02-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Personally, I like that Rose didn't dance.

He's representing his team, and they're playing for a championship this season. His statement is that, basketball is basketball and if you want to dance and not take basketball seriously, you should do it off the court.

This also backs up Joakim Noah's sentiments about Lebron dancing on the court.

Rose is a good leader and teammate. Him, setting this example speaks volumes about the type of player he is.

Of all the Top 10 Greatest of All Time, only Shaq has a similar demeanor to Lebron. If Shaq took the game as seriously as MJ/Magic/Kareem/Bird/Kobe/Duncan/Hakeem/Russell/Wilt did, there is no doubt in my mind that Shaq would be the GOAT. Over MJ. He was THAT dominant.

This will be forever why I think Lebron needs to take himself more seriously for the good of his career. It might not matter to him that much, as he's definitely talented enough to win a championship the way he is right now and the talent he's playing with. He would unquestionably be a GOAT contender if he took himself seriously.

MLB2K10King
02-27-2012, 05:44 PM
His level of seriousness and intensity reminds me of Kobe.

F()()TBALL
02-27-2012, 05:46 PM

I definetley agree, I defend Lebron when people try to hate on his game but when he came out I was just like
Lebron…..sit down...:facepalm:

SportsFanatic10
02-27-2012, 05:49 PM
i respect that. i would of done the exact same thing, but maybe its because i'm white and can't dance lol.

DaBear
02-27-2012, 05:52 PM
I like that Rose didn't make a complete *** clown of himself.

Ray_R
02-27-2012, 05:57 PM
So Derrick Rose didnt dance, let him be. He personally felt it wasn't the time to do it. Did Jesus dance while walking with the cross? Did god dance the 7th day? Did Muhammad dance when he received his first revelation in the Cave of Hira? Did Moses dance when he parted the Red Sea? Did Buddha dance when he reached enlightenment?

bodupp311
02-27-2012, 05:59 PM

Wrong, the "dance" he did looked like a 3 year old excited he's getting chocolate pudding for a snack. That sure as Hell wasn't "charismatic" no matter how you try and spin it.

But it's whatever, I don't care if he dances or not... it's personal preference. I knew the thread would go on waaaaay too far. Nice job by the Mod encouraging a fight.

ichitownclowni
02-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Tom Ziller is a ****ing idiot

PatsSoxKnicks
02-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Can I just sum up this thread?

Everyone hates Lebron, so whatever he does is stupid and looks idiotic. Anyone who is doing the same thing as Lebron, is in extension, also stupid and looks idiotic. And anyone who does the opposite of Lebron is awesome and deserves to be praised (i.e. Derrick Rose and Kobe).

Anyways, good for Rose for being himself. No reason not to be but I got to say, he sounds like he'd be boring as hell to chill with (not that it matters).

FriedTofuz
02-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Derrick rose is too shy, he needs to loosen up

bodupp311
02-27-2012, 06:04 PM
So Derrick Rose didnt dance, let him be. He personally felt it wasn't the time to do it. Did Jesus dance while walking with the cross? Did god dance the 7th day? Did Muhammad dance when he received his first revelation in the Cave of Hira? Did Moses dance when he parted the Red Sea? Did Buddha dance when he reached enlightenment?

You realize every NBA forum poster views this as "Bulls fans think DRose is God" right? Because they totally will.

lakers4sho
02-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Silly antics don't win you championships

Ray_R
02-27-2012, 06:10 PM
You realize every NBA forum poster views this as "Bulls fans think DRose is God" right? Because they totally will.

No way where would they get such a ridiculous idea.

bodupp311
02-27-2012, 06:12 PM
No way where would they get such a ridiculous idea.

:shrug: Fwiw...

I, a typical Chicago Bulls homer, believe Derrick Rose is in fact God.

Cubs Win
02-27-2012, 06:15 PM

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bulls/2012/2/27/2828096/derrick-rose-dance-at-the-all-star-game

Click the link for pictures, and a GIF.

Ding, ding, ding! Fight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6rRNANSgI <---ManRam

Kinda pathetic that a mod attempted to start a nitpicky fight thread. :pity:

Cano4prez
02-27-2012, 06:16 PM
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/garbagetimeallstars/sketchbook_derrickrose.gif

CubZwin38
02-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Just reminded me too much of the Heat Championship celebra....I mean the Big Three celebration before they even played one game.

HansumJay
02-27-2012, 06:22 PM
The Blue Oyster on off nights is his preferred place

justinnum1
02-27-2012, 06:23 PM
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/garbagetimeallstars/sketchbook_derrickrose.gif

:laugh:

Ray_R
02-27-2012, 06:23 PM
:shrug: Fwiw...

I, a typical Chicago Bulls homer, believe Derrick Rose is in fact God.

I mean Tangent12 stated the best.

I really hope Rose forgives some of you after he dies on the cross for our sins.

The Flash
02-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Rose was grounded from dancing because he cheated on his SAT .

ChitownSports16
02-27-2012, 06:24 PM
:facepalm:for ManRam for starting a thread like this... Thought Mods were better then this. But then again, if a Bulls fan had posted this it be taken down or moved. Another :facepalm: for you buddy... shame

CubZwin38
02-27-2012, 06:32 PM

Funny. I have seen him smile on occasion. Like when he's getting that big money from the Bulls or Adidas. Or when his team is owning in the 4th quarter and he's sitting on the bench and not dancing around like LBJ does from time to time. When he's joking around with one of the funniest dudes in the NBA, Joakim Noah. And eventually when he gets that ring.

Cano4prez
02-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Funny. I have seen him smile on occasion. Like when he's getting that big money from the Bulls or Adidas. Or when his team is owning in the 4th quarter and he's sitting on the bench and not dancing around like LBJ does from time to time. When he's joking around with one of the funniest dudes in the NBA, Joakim Noah. And eventually when he gets that ring.

Game 1: 28 points, 45%, 10/22 shooting

Game 2: 21 points, 30%, 7/23 shooting

Game 3: 20 points, 42%, 8/19 shooting

Game 4: 23 points, 30%, 8/27 shooting

Game 5: 25 points, 32%, 9/28 shooting

With like 8% shooting in the 4th

MJ-BULLS
02-27-2012, 06:34 PM
I have no idea why some people why some people would actually be upset about this. derrick rose is as serious as they come and isn't goofy.

MJ-BULLS
02-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Anyways, im closing this.