PDA

View Full Version : Lbj and the allstar game..

BULLSFAN0810
02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
As i watched the allstar "weak-end" i noticed a few things....

A.There shouldnt be a rookie/soph game.....

B.There shouldnt be a star/ex nba player game

C.there shouldnt be a slam dunk contest.

And if they do keep any of the festivities, imho i think there should be a purse to winner only ...i.e Rookie soph game should be replaceed with a team of players 1-4 years in the league. 2 ex players as said before make the teams...8vs8...500,000 pot to winners.

If there is a slam dunk contest, i think the pot should be a 500,000...

if there is an allstar game let the pot be 100,000,000..winner takes all.

The reason why i think these changes are good is because, the younger generation for most senses do not play as much for pride as they do for money...put money on the line,give people a show.

***REAL TALK****

Ok to the meat of the discussion...do you guys think LBJ is menatally inept in late game or do you think he is a consumate team mate? IMO, i think LBJ is ONE OF THE GREATEST TO PLAY...NOT ON MJ LEVEL OR KOBE...EVER!
I say this because its hard and wrong at times to compare ANYONE to MJ..they did Kobe that way and KOBE pails in comparison,But we all know Kobe is a killer in his own rights. But as i watched the final seconds Kobe and LBJ had the opportunity to go one on one win or lose and make a moment...LBJ didnt,and Kobe yelled at him like his son. I think Kobe hit the nail on the head in front of everyone.LBJ was killing the whole time(and i think at times they froze out Rose the few minutes he played) and instead of shooting for game number 1 vs number 1...1 shot,LBJ passed it up with a wild bogus pass. IMO im glad Kobe called James out...I hate James at times because he imo is a waste of talent,but with that said his half ***-ness is very very good. he passes up on glory but wants the accolades. And as a fan of Rose im starting to see him as Rose as total twins..Great players who maybe because of age cant pull out close gamesbut are great,but when you place greatness with greatness it suposed to end memorable win or lose and last nights allstar ended with a dud.

*Silver&Black*
02-27-2012, 03:42 PM
$100,000,000? Does the NBA even make that from the All-Star game?

Slug3
02-27-2012, 04:15 PM
$100,000,000? I beleive the NBA wanted to keep more money, not use what they got on an all star game.

Ray_R
02-27-2012, 04:19 PM
It was an all stargame. No need to crucify lebron it was only a pickup game.

raiderfaninTX
02-27-2012, 04:19 PM
I like lebron but damn this guy was upset at the end of an allstar game he said he let his teammates down and was visibly upset.

Also Kobe yelled at lebron to shot the last shot and lebron james refused then passed and turned it over.

Even melo looked at him like WTF are you doing not shooting that ball.

What is with this guy?

I am not joking with this but even the head band thing to hide his baldness shows his insecurity.

Does this bother anyone about what he will do in the finals or a game 7 or is this nothing to worry about?

ManRam
02-27-2012, 04:20 PM
I can't take anything about this OP seriously. :shrug:

$100,000,000????? What?

Also, you're digging to deep into an AS game. It's an exhibition. Who cares? The only thing that's positive is that he was emotional after it. Showed he cares. But passing up the final shot in an exhibition game..whatever. He was doubled consistently. I mean, the play before the final play, they doubled him 5 feet outside the 3 point line. He kicked it to a wide open Carmelo (why weren't they guarding Melo? Isn't he clutch?), and Melo just missed it. Oh well. I think he's unselfish to a flaw...I don't think he's mentally weak. He's shown he can take and hit big shots plenty of times in his career...but he's also shown he'll pass it to the open guy, rather than taking the incredibly inefficient hero shot (the same shot Kobe makes about 35% of the time he takes it).

But if you want to...I can play!

The coach drew up a play, and he executed it. He then was doubled way outside the three point line, tried to force a pass, and blew it. That same killer-instinct he "lacks" (and he does, to an extent...he's not dangerously obsessive about winning like MJ and Kobe), was the only reason it was even a game. I don't even think it was that, I just think he wanted to put on a show, and boy, did he ever. The only time that game was exciting is when he was playing. He entered the game with his team down 15, and basically cut the lead himself. Clutch is more than just the last single play.....

raiderfaninTX
02-27-2012, 04:24 PM
haha me and the op were thinking the same thing

BULLSFAN0810
02-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I can't take anything about this OP seriously. :shrug:

$100,000,000????? What?

Also, you're digging to deep into an AS game. It's an exhibition. Who cares? The only thing that's positive is that he was emotional after it. Showed he cares. But passing up the final shot in an exhibition game..whatever. He was doubled consistently. I mean, the play before the final play, they doubled him 5 feet outside the 3 point line. He kicked it to a wide open Carmelo (why weren't they guarding Melo? Isn't he clutch?), and Melo just missed it. Oh well. I think he's unselfish to a flaw...I don't think he's mentally weak. He's shown he can take and hit big shots plenty of times in his career...but he's also shown he'll pass it to the open guy, rather than taking the incredibly inefficient hero shot (the same shot Kobe makes about 35% of the time he takes it).

But if you want to...I can play!

The coach drew up a play, and he executed it. He then was doubled way outside the three point line, tried to force a pass, and blew it. That same killer-instinct he "lacks" (and he does, to an extent...he's not dangerously obsessive about winning like MJ and Kobe), was the only reason it was even a game. I don't even think it was that, I just think he wanted to put on a show, and boy, did he ever. The only time that game was exciting is when he was playing. He entered the game with his team down 15, and basically cut the lead himself. Clutch is more than just the last single play.....

i respect your opinion,but ....this is a repeated thing with James,he passes up to lesser players...for which i applaud..theres nothing like seeing a chucker fling up trash when your WIDE OPEN.....BUT....James passed up a shot inwhich he coulda went 1vs1 took the crown and game from Kobe..he then went Reverse HAM and over looked Melo who was wide open to pass it farther to Wade in the corner..across his body!!.... I feel he shoulda went for the glory..take the shot...lose or win. Kobe basically proved what alot of here thinks of James at times ...tooo passive at the wrong time. I believe its wrong to trash him because he misses a winner, but id respect it more because it takes a lot of heart to live down missing it and i think James dont want that heart ache. And to score 15 straight then not close the deal is not a good thing if youre the BEAST.

and 100,000,000 or whatever number i cant actually read...lol...its worth it to put on a show..a million to 10-12 players is chump change to the NBA..pay it! put on a show

thekmp211
02-27-2012, 04:48 PM
i respect your opinion,but ....this is a repeated thing with James,he passes up to lesser players...for which i applaud..theres nothing like seeing a chucker fling up trash when your WIDE OPEN.....BUT....James passed up a shot inwhich he coulda went 1vs1 took the crown and game from Kobe..he then went Reverse HAM and over looked Melo who was wide open to pass it farther to Wade in the corner..across his body!!.... I feel he shoulda went for the glory..take the shot...lose or win. Kobe basically proved what alot of here thinks of James at times ...tooo passive at the wrong time. I believe its wrong to trash him because he misses a winner, but id respect it more because it takes a lot of heart to live down missing it and i think James dont want that heart ache. And to score 15 straight then not close the deal is not a good thing if youre the BEAST.

and 100,000,000 or whatever number i cant actually read...lol...its worth it to put on a show..a million to 10-12 players is chump change to the NBA..pay it! put on a show

at first i thought this was a troll thread, but i actually agree with most of your points.

it's not that lebron doesn't always want the ball in crunch time, he just seems a little too eager to pass it up. it's all very strange.

KnickNyKnick
02-27-2012, 05:43 PM
wow, get off LBJ's D**k. im not a heat fan but i dont hate the man. Some people focus on his life looking for the slightest flaw/imperfection. from not taking the last shots to saying hes insecure because of his hairline... WTF? lol. some people love to hate him. never understood why??!?!? next time he picks his nose ill make a thread about it.

oh and the ideas for the allstar game festivities are ridiculous. no need to give these over paid athletes even more incentives. what they should do, is have all the players donate 1 million dollars each and drop that joint from the top of the arena @ half time for the fans :D

NoahH
02-27-2012, 06:05 PM
100,000,000 eh? Pretty sure they league would go into a lockout over that