PDA

View Full Version : What did Kobe say to LeBron?

tr3ymill3r
02-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Everyone saw Kobe go after LeBron at the end of the All-Star game, with a look of disgust after LeBron tried to throw a cross court pass rather than putting up the shot. What do you think Kobe said to him, and do you think this will affect LeBron going forward?

NoahH
02-27-2012, 01:13 PM
We know what he said didn't we? "Cmon man shoot the **** ball" or something right?

nickdymez
02-27-2012, 01:18 PM
smh@ Lebron. Carmelo's face was even better..

shep33
02-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah Melo just stared at him with a funny face lol. Pretty funny, considering they were on the same team

CubbieSteve
02-27-2012, 01:21 PM
I lol'd when LeBron missed the open fastbreak layup, then got punked by CP

THE MTL
02-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Yeah Melo just stared at him with a funny face lol. Pretty funny, considering they were on the same team

Melo wanted the ball that was all. lol.

NoahH
02-27-2012, 01:26 PM

As usual

nickdymez
02-27-2012, 01:27 PM

Nothing wrong with that. Lebron obviously didnt want it

nickdymez
02-27-2012, 01:29 PM
As usual

And Lebron choked at the very end..... As usual...

swirl54
02-27-2012, 01:33 PM
I was so impressed with everything he did in the 4th he was killing out there. Then he did that i was like WTF. Really i'm interested to know why he runs away from the clutch shots.

rwynyc
02-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Lebron is better then anyone on the court but yet he still seems like everyones little brother.

Anyhow, we are all reminded that he does not want the last shot.

king4day
Please don't turn this into a Lebron bashing thread.

jrm2054
Lebron just isn't a closer with Wade he doesn't have to be but i think it tarnishes his place in history he is Pippen not Jordan and that is not a shot at Lebron it is what i see.
He is a great player but won't be the best with that mindset.

NoahH
02-27-2012, 01:35 PM

It always does.

king4day
02-27-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't think it's that big of a deal that he's trying to engage his teammates. Had he went for a shot and missed, people would say, "why didn't he pass to so-and-so...he was wide open!".

justjames
02-27-2012, 01:40 PM
I don't think it's that big of a deal that he's trying to engage his teammates. Had he went for a shot and missed, people would say, "why didn't he pass to so-and-so...he was wide open!".

Except "so-and-so" wasn't open and the pass was intercepted.

KobeOwnSU
02-27-2012, 01:49 PM
I would expect LeBron to take that shot. He was killing it in the 4th. He was clearly the best player on the court. He needs to take that shot and if he misses, oh well At least he took it. I woul rather him take that shot and miss then pass to melo or dwill. Even if it is just an all star game, he needs to take that shot. I think Kobe was a little p[issed/disappointed in LeBron. But, in the end, it's not Kobe or my place or anybody else place to say what LeBron should do. He's his own person and I do not think he will ever change, which might be his downfall in terms of legacy.

Zefflin
02-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Hahah CP3 duped him with that shot i was laughing my tail off, and kobe was just calling him a ***** basically for not taking the shot on him. Dude cares about his stats even in all star games, lol

Master Mind
02-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Hahah CP3 duped him with that shot i was laughing my tail off, and kobe was just calling him a ***** basically for not taking the shot on him. Dude cares about his stats even in all star games, lol

:pity:

valade16
02-27-2012, 01:52 PM

Considering the biggest criticism of his game is his unwillingness to take the final shot I doubt everybody would be on him about doing it.

Also, that whole "afraid of the repercussions if he missed" BS is what defines a clutch-shot player. Do you think Kobe cares if everybody says he should've passed the ball (a comment frequently made might I add)? No. How has that affected his legacy?

He's widely considered the best Clutch Shooter playing right now. Your using the pressure excuse on perhaps the best Basketball player alive. Pathetic.

You know a simple way to avoid the pressure? Make the shot.

Master Mind
02-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Lose-lose situation

smith&wesson
02-27-2012, 01:59 PM
What i thought kobe said was

"your not gonna take the last shot ?" "why not" "are you serious" " "wow"

my girls an interviener for blind and def ppl and she was trying to read his lips. its kinda tough on tv though.

I also think that kobe was tellin them to score a two pointer so the game would go in to over time. stat padding kobe lol i love him.

nickdymez
02-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Lebron is better then anyone on the court but yet he still seems like everyones little brother.

Anyhow, we are all reminded that he does not want the last shot.

He wasn't better than Kevin Durant.

ManningToTyree
02-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Kobe called him gay obviously

Bring The Heat
02-27-2012, 02:06 PM
I understand from Lebron's point of view why he would do that. He's simply just trying to make the right basketball decision which is to hit the open man. But it's frustrating to watch sometimes b/c I think he should've just taken that shot regardless of what people would say if he missed. He was feeling it and should've just taken a chance there instead of risking the turnover. However if he would've made that pass and resulted in a bucket we wouldn't be talking about this..

With that being said for LeBron it's a lose-lose situation. If he takes the shot and misses he still gets criticized because people will say he's not clutch and couldn't hit the big shot.. Any other player misses or messes up in crunch time doesn't get as bad as Lebron. Any little mistake he makes it magnified times 100. I feel bad for him sometimes, but I'm happy we have him on our team because he plays hard and truly wants to win on top of the fact being the best player in the league.

The goods
02-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Man lebron was hot hitting those 3's I was so mad and then he passed it,even I was like what are you doing? Shoot that your on fire,but that's lebron that's always been him he rather pass than take the last shoot everybody wants him to be like kobe,MJ,or melo and he isn't its not a bad thing,though he does tease us when he takes over the game but when its do or die time he makes a questionable play, I wouldn't call last night a choke cause it was the all star game,just a bad pass.

theLgndKllr35
02-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Except "so-and-so" wasn't open and the pass was intercepted.

Not only that, but when is the last time you heard, "Why didn't Wade, Kobe, Dirk, Jordan, etc. pass it to _______, they were wide open?"

If the person is truly wide open, they better not have a defender within 5 feet of them, otherwise closer's take the last shot, no if, and, or but about it.

CHANGO
02-27-2012, 02:09 PM

What about Kobe missing a key free throw? CHOKING. :eyebrow:
Durant with the lazy pass that caused a steal from Deron and then the layup?
Griffin missing another key free throw?
Wade with the turnover?
And Deron with the ALMOST Airball 3pointer?

But of course it was Lebron. :laugh:

TeamGoku
02-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Kobe said dude the media is right you are a choke artist in crunch time now get off my court loser

jim51990
02-27-2012, 02:15 PM
He wasn't better than Kevin Durant.

you clearly didnt watch the game
because lebron was the best players and it wasnt even close

The goods
02-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Kobe said dude the media is right you are a choke artist in crunch time now get off my court loser

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha,knowing kobe he probably was atleast thinking something like that,"king huh? Get the eff out of here the day I pass the ball in the clutch is the day I retire,what do I look like passing the ball to gasol with the game on the line?"

Kuya_Clive
02-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Everyone (us too) thought Lebron should have taken the last shot. Lebron didn't, but the mistake was him trying to force a pass to Wade crosscourt, while Melo was open and also a good option. I'm fine with the first pass to Deron since he was on fire.

Also, Kobe looked really pissed that Lebron passed it up

nickdymez
02-27-2012, 02:24 PM

I clearly did watch the game and im no "Lebron lover". Lebron had a great game, but so did durant, westbrook, kobe, and some others. Im sick of this puttin Lebron on some god like level. He's a great player like many others we have in the league.

Kashmir13579
02-27-2012, 02:29 PM
At the end of the day, it was an ALL-STAR game. Who gives a **** seriously. Lebron is the GOAT and thats all you trolls need to know.

Supa
02-27-2012, 02:40 PM
What about Kobe missing a key free throw? CHOKING. :eyebrow:
Durant with the lazy pass that caused a steal from Deron and then the layup?
Griffin missing another key free throw?
Wade with the turnover?
And Deron with the ALMOST Airball 3pointer?

But of course it was Lebron.

Actually, it's about "not choking"; Lebron doesn't want to choke by trying to avoid it.

Same reason he talked about Dunk contest all these years, but never amount to participation.

---

Raps18-19 Champ
02-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Probably some friendly trash talking.

DaBUU
02-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha,knowing kobe he probably was atleast thinking something like that,"king huh? Get the eff out of here the day I pass the ball in the clutch is the day I retire,what do I look like passing the ball to gasol with the game on the line?"

here is your mistake, you're thinking like Kobe, which means you're thinking like a champion and one of the greats, not fair to Lebron. He obviously doesnt think that way.

chitown85
02-27-2012, 03:15 PM
At the end of the day, it was an ALL-STAR game. Who gives a **** seriously. Lebron is the GOAT and thats all you trolls need to know.

Do you do stand-up as well? I don't want to waste time looking at your profile to see how old you are, but you obviously weren't around for the original dream team, nor did you watch the Jordan Dynasty...If you were being sarcastic, thanks for the laugh. If not...well...start from the beginning^

chitown85
02-27-2012, 03:16 PM
here is your mistake, you're thinking like Kobe, which means you're thinking like a champion and one of the greats, not fair to Lebron. He obviously doesnt think that way.

:clap:

naps
02-27-2012, 03:21 PM

How did he choke?

Kashmir13579
02-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Do you do stand-up as well? I don't want to waste time looking at your profile to see how old you are, but you obviously weren't around for the original dream team, nor did you watch the Jordan Dynasty...If you were being sarcastic, thanks for the laugh. If not...well...start from the beginning^

I've been watching the NBA since 2002. I'm 22 years old.

Didn't get to see Jordan do his thing. Was kinda joking but there is no doubt in my mind Lebron will be considered a top 5 player when all is said and done. Even without a ring.

naps
02-27-2012, 03:29 PM
I clearly did watch the game and im no "Lebron lover".

That's right. All you do here is hate on LeBron. Your contribution on other topics is 1% of your entire time on PSD.

Lebron had a great game, but so did durant, westbrook, kobe, and some others. Im sick of this puttin Lebron on some god like level. He's a great player like many others we have in the league.

By no means Kobe had a great game. It was LeBron, Durant, and Wade but LeBron clearly was superior than everyone else. West was leading the entire game by double digits but LeBron led a run of 18-4 to make it a close game. That was clearly the best part of the game, otherwise, we would have seen a boring ending. Not to mention the stats also says LeBron was superior. Ofcourse, you wouldn't see that and would say Kobe had a great game as usual because Kobe's got 5 rings :facepalm:

chitown85
02-27-2012, 03:30 PM

Didn't get to see Jordan do his thing. Was kinda joking but there is no doubt in my mind Lebron will be considered a top 5 player when all is said and done. Even without a ring.

Fair enough. You did miss out on the original dream team and the Jordan era. Not a jab, but it makes sense that you would make a comment like that. I argue with many fans from your generation, because our perspective of "great" is weighed on a different scale. Jordan changed the game, and watching him play was a thing of beauty, the original dream team was a compilation of some of the greatest players to ever play the game. I am excited about the amount of talent we have in the league once again, just as it seems you are. I believe that Lebron is definitely one of the greatest players in the game today. The talent and the athleticism he has for a guy his size is truly special. Jordan launched a dynasty and changed the game. Kobe Bryant has been doing it since he was 18, and has accomplished what few players ever dream of. Lebron writes his own history, I truly believe he has the talent to write his own legacy, but only time will tell.

D-Leethal
02-27-2012, 03:33 PM
I just don't understand how the dude can single handedly bring his team back, hit a HUGE clutch 3 off an offensive rebound to make it a 1 possession game, and than just completely fold the last 2 possessions with the game on the line.

Its like hes clutch as balls until the very last play than his clutch play is about as smooth as sandpaper.

Same with the playoffs last season, completely owned Rose in the ECF, wooped on the Celtics, but in the finals when its time to take home the gold he just chokes his *** off. It makes no sense.

I think Kobe actually got into his head. LeBron is always so enamored with what is going on AROUND him that he loses focus on the task at hand. I thought Rose looked like a freakin loser and needed to loosen up but LeBron and his pre-game theatrics were no different than the routines he used to pull in CLE before games with the fake photoshoots and all that (I know its all star game, supposed to have fun, but the same holds true for his act during the reg season or playoffs)...

Hes the best player in the world but he just doesn't have the killer instinct and the supreme focus that the other greats did.

Evolution23
02-27-2012, 03:37 PM

you clearly missed the mvp presentation. The WINNER of the western all stars, Durant got that award.

Raph12
02-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Kobe wanted him to shoot it, so did Melo; I really don't see the harm, I mean Kobe misses big shots regularly and shrugs it off... So why can't Lebron?

Evolution23
02-27-2012, 03:38 PM

:facepalm:

Kashmir13579
02-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Fair enough. You did miss out on the original dream team and the Jordan era. Not a jab, but it makes sense that you would make a comment like that. I argue with many fans from your generation, because our perspective of "great" is weighed on a different scale. Jordan changed the game, and watching him play was a thing of beauty, the original dream team was a compilation of some of the greatest players to ever play the game. I am excited about the amount of talent we have in the league once again, just as it seems you are. I believe that Lebron is definitely one of the greatest players in the game today. The talent and the athleticism he has for a guy his size is truly special. Jordan launched a dynasty and changed the game. Kobe Bryant has been doing it since he was 18, and has accomplished what few players ever dream of. Lebron writes his own history, I truly believe he has the talent to write his own legacy, but only time will tell.

Thanks. I enjoyed reading this post. As you know, i can't speak to the dream team and Jordan, but i fully agree with you assessment on Lebron.

Evolution23
02-27-2012, 03:41 PM

U never got to see Jordan, Bird, or Magic and you claim Lebron is the GOAT. You are making yourself look bad bro.

Kashmir13579
02-27-2012, 03:42 PM
:facepalm:

Still drinking the hatorade, bro? :laugh2:

Kashmir13579
02-27-2012, 03:43 PM
You are making yourself look bad bro.

This seems to happen all too often. :sigh:

Raph12
02-27-2012, 03:48 PM
U never got to see Jordan, Bird, or Magic and you claim Lebron is the GOAT. You are making yourself look bad bro.

@ your sig; this was probably you during the Miami game when Lin kept missing and turning the ball over lol; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-xBkZUHmwew#t=16s

Too early to get too excited about Lin man, give it time, let him prove himself.

smith&wesson
02-27-2012, 04:25 PM

first of all im not a lebron or heat fan boy. was never that big of a lebron fan in the first place. i hated the idea of him being labled "king" before he even bounced a ball on an nba court.

im 30, ive seen bird play as a kid, i watched magic play as well. i grew up to mj. with that said i beleive lebron can hang with any of those players.

winning championships is a team thing. no one player can do it by themselves so lets take the championship argument out of this. there are great great players who never even won 1.

lebron could easily hang with bird, magic, & jordan. . those players were great, but so is lebron. you cant hide behind the fact that we'll never know because they are from different era's.

being a hip hop fan i know that legacy is not determined by era's. will there ever be another tupac and biggie ? noo but there are still jay z, nas, eminem etc. this is the same thing. there will never be another jordan. but lebron is a phenom in his own right.

there is not an area of the game that lebron isnt good at. shooting mid range and 3 pointers now too, dribbling and handeling, rebounds, defence, post moves,passing etc... he can do it all.

if lebron played in the 80's and 90's he would still easily be one of the best players in the league.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:27 PM
I clearly did watch the game and im no "Lebron lover". Lebron had a great game, but so did durant, westbrook, kobe, and some others. Im sick of this puttin Lebron on some god like level. He's a great player like many others we have in the league.

Nah, there aint nobody like Bron

ChiSox219
02-27-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't get why Lebron will take a shot like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LUcd5Sh5oA

but not take game winner

Chronz
02-27-2012, 04:47 PM

but not take game winner

Doesnt want to be a glory hog

He115ing
02-27-2012, 04:47 PM

too late brah

MLB2K10King
02-27-2012, 04:48 PM
I love Lebron as a player, but If you want to be called "King" You have to be the "King" when it counts

ChiSox219
02-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Doesnt want to be a glory hog

^ Lebron apologist

smith&wesson
02-27-2012, 05:06 PM
^ Lebron apologist

not really. chrons is just calling it how he see's it. and i agree with him becausei personally dont see anything wrong with what lebron did.

d.will was hitting his 3's the play was drawn up for him. lebron is one of the best passers on the team and he was setting up the play. why doesnt thibs get any heat for drawing up that play ? after all he is the coach and the guy who calls the plays.

smith&wesson
02-27-2012, 05:08 PM

but not take game winner

its the all star game. you can take whatever shot you want during the game when its all horse play. but in the final minutes of the game when both teams are trying to win you do what you feel is the right basketball play. you dont just jack up shots when theres two ppl on you.

ChiSox219
02-27-2012, 05:19 PM
its the all star game. you can take whatever shot you want during the game when its all horse play. but in the final minutes of the game when both teams are trying to win you do what you feel is the right basketball play. you dont just jack up shots when theres two ppl on you.

Take the shot, it's a better basketball play than trying to make a cross court pass 30 feet away from the basket with 4 seconds left.

Lebron wasn't even looking to shoot, he got that ball from Deron and was dribbling to draw the defense. Not enough time for that imo, that's a low success rate play, not something we see from Lebron often.

not really. chrons is just calling it how he see's it. and i agree with him becausei personally dont see anything wrong with what lebron did.

d.will was hitting his 3's the play was drawn up for him. lebron is one of the best passers on the team and he was setting up the play. why doesnt thibs get any heat for drawing up that play ? after all he is the coach and the guy who calls the plays.

It was a joke...

valade16
02-27-2012, 05:19 PM
I mean, when we get down to it, how can you be so afraid of taking the game winning, all or nothing shot, in an exhibition game? How is he going to perform when the games actually matter?

RaiderLakersA's
02-27-2012, 05:24 PM

If NBA players were automatons, I'd agree with you. But as much as we'd like to think the play determines the options, it's the defense that determines the options.

You be LeBron James:

You've been pretty much scoring at will all game long. You have the ball in the final seconds with separation between you and a mildly concussed, but definitely physically inferior Kobe. You could look at Kobe's eyes and tell that he wasn't all there.

The defense has collapsed in the post, clogging all passing lanes. (Watch the replays, practically everyone and their team mascots were in the vicinity of where LeBron passed the ball.)

I know it's just an all-star game and doesn't mean more than bragging rights and $25K in your pocket, but I'm betting MOST of you here stop, get yourself under control with that freakish physique of his, rise up over Kobe and shoot the J. Win or lose, you go down firing...

...because unlike everything else, quieting the naysayers is NOT something that will be handed to you on a silver platter. You have to force the issue and demand respect. You have to take that shot. The sword is in the stone, man, grab it, pull it out, hold it over your head. Don't leave it to Percival or Cai or even Lancelot. They're not King.

And until the day that LeBron decides that he wants to pull the sword, even in a relatively meaningless "bragging rights only" game, any and all cricticism is fair game and deserved.

This is coming from someone who wants to see the kid grow into the mantle set before him, that he set before himself. The league is better when stars live up to their potential.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 05:26 PM
^ Lebron apologist

In an All-Star game?

ChiSox219
02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
In an All-Star game?

always

5ass
02-27-2012, 05:34 PM
kobe asked lebron "why did the chicken cross the road?" Lebron didnt know the answer so Kobe said "to get to miami".

Lakerfan8032
02-27-2012, 05:40 PM
If NBA players were automatons, I'd agree with you. But as much as we'd like to think the play determines the options, it's the defense that determines the options.

You be LeBron James:

You've been pretty much scoring at will all game long. You have the ball in the final seconds with separation between you and a mildly concussed, but definitely physically inferior Kobe. You could look at Kobe's eyes and tell that he wasn't all there.

The defense has collapsed in the post, clogging all passing lanes. (Watch the replays, practically everyone and their team mascots were in the vicinity of where LeBron passed the ball.)

I know it's just an all-star game and doesn't mean more than bragging rights and $25K in your pocket, but I'm betting MOST of you here stop, get yourself under control with that freakish physique of his, rise up over Kobe and shoot the J. Win or lose, you go down firing...

...because unlike everything else, quieting the naysayers is NOT something that will be handed to you on a silver platter. You have to force the issue and demand respect. You have to take that shot. The sword is in the stone, man, grab it, pull it out, hold it over your head. Don't leave it to Percival or Cai or even Lancelot. They're not King.

And until the day that LeBron decides that he wants to pull the sword, even in a relatively meaningless "bragging rights only" game, any and all cricticism is fair game and deserved.

This is coming from someone who wants to see the kid grow into the mantle set before him, that he set before himself. The league is better when stars live up to their potential.

Excellent post. Until he earns it or at least tries then he will be criticized. He is such a physically gifted man, but mentally he doesn't have that edge about him. He may never have it.

RaiderLakersA's
02-27-2012, 05:41 PM
In an All-Star game?

Sure. Everyone feels robbed. Like we've been cheated of a rite of passage or an unspoken succession:

Bird wouldn't hesitate to take that shot over Dr. J.

Magic wouldn't hesitate to take that shot over Bird.

Jordan wouldn't hesitate to take that shot over Magic.

Kobe wouldn't hesitate to take that shot over Jordan.

LeBron is SUPPOSED TO take that shot over Kobe.

This is the natural order of things.

MLB2K10King
02-27-2012, 05:41 PM

You be LeBron James:

I just wanted to take out the time to really applaud you for this. I couldn't of said it any better!

ziglur
02-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Everything in the NBA is fixed its about money. They worked it out when the West was up 20 for James to catch fire and make the game exciting . Do you think the West could have been outscored 18 to 4 if they were trying? Thats silly! It ended the way it was rehersed.

Lim
02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
pass to deron was fine and it was a designed play btw. what lebron should have done was pass it to melo, he was wide open. thats why melo was so mad at lebron cause he wanted the ball not cause he wanted lebron to shoot. Lebron doesnt really have a killer instinct but he plays basketball the right way. you are SUPPOSED to find the open man, why would you take a contested long 3 as opposed to finding someone wide open?

jammastershake
02-27-2012, 05:55 PM
lol @ lebron being the best on the court in the 4th...... of an all-star game that nobody played defense in.

Redskins10
02-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Lebron proved that not only is he the best today but that no one else is even near his level. Who gives a **** what Kobe said.

beliges
02-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Lebron proved that not only is he the best today but that no one else is even near his level. Who gives a **** what Kobe said.

I believe Durant had a better game. If this was sufficient to prove who was the best, then I think Durant "proved" hes the best right now.

Young and Stupid
02-27-2012, 06:11 PM

You be LeBron James:

Honestly ... I think this is pretty much the message Kobe delivered -- albeit with significantly fewer words -- after watching LeBron throw that ball away.

I think Kobe is one of the more history-savvy players in the league. He's completely aware of his standing amongst the all-time greats (does anyone believe that he didn't know exactly how many points he had to score last night to surpass MJ?); and he's very focused on being looked at as one of, if not the, greatest players of all-time. In that sense, he's selfish; however, in other sense, he's a fan of the game and legitimately cares about his standing in it. And I think much of Kobe's reaction has to do with the latter. Kobe is ultra-competitive -- probably to the highest degree since Jordan -- so he's always looking to get the best of others; yet he's still a fan of the game. He wants to get the best of LeBron, but from a competitive standpoint, he wants LeBron (or whoever we choose to put in his place) to be playing at his best. In other words: He wants to beat the best when they're at their best.

I think Kobe sees what LeBron can be; he sees that James has GOAT potential. No matter how competitive he is, part of Kobe wants to see that to come to fruition. I think what we saw last night was the culmination of frustration that Bryant has with LeBron (generated from afar) being expressed. To me, his look was one of confusion and frustration. It's almost as if Kobe doesn't understand how LeBron could be the way he is. Because we all know that if Kobe had that ball, he wouldn't have even pondered passing. Kobe sees what we all see, but from a more intimate perspective -- he sees that LeBron is (and I hate this depiction, but it's fitting) a Robin in a Batman's body. And, for the sake of history, Kobe is frustrated by that fact; because he's a fan of the game and he knows how much better LeBron could be (despite being far-and-away the best player in the league) if he had that edge.

Or -- and this is probably the real explanation -- Kobe just wanted the game to go to overtime because he wanted to pile up more points.

WeBallin
02-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Now, I been as critcle of LBJ as anyone, But D@mn this is a All Star game we talkin about... give this man a break!

stawka
02-27-2012, 06:31 PM
LeBron makes it "LoL iT'z oNLY a MeaNiNGLe$$ GaMe BRo"
LeBron misses it "LoL he CaN'T eVeN MaKe DaT iN a MeaNiNGLe$$ GaMe BRo"

blastmasta26
02-27-2012, 07:44 PM
It's an All-Star game, so it doesn't really matter. However, I did find it curious how LeBron passed it into traffic when he had Melo open behind the arc.

Abdul Mutalib
02-27-2012, 08:05 PM
is there a link for the last possession being talked about?

tr3ymill3r
02-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Yes it was an All-Star game, but it became quite competitive like always at the end of the game. I think it would have been better had Tibs taken him out when the game was in the last 2 minutes. He would have just been putting someone out there who wanted the ball, and he could have been honest in the post game interview, the dude just doesn't want it, and I wanted to win.

ThunderousDemon
02-27-2012, 08:16 PM

Why you're a suns fan anyways.

KingPosey
02-27-2012, 08:35 PM
How did he choke?

Being afraid to shoot, and turning, making a cross court pass to a guy thats not open, turning the ball over and ending the game, is in fact choking. Its pretty ****ing clear.

Bruno
02-27-2012, 09:10 PM
i thought he said "drive the damn ball!"

seriously though, what was he doin? lol

LA_Raiders
02-27-2012, 10:16 PM
He got scared of the Black Mamba...

dh144498
02-27-2012, 10:19 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

xILLN355
02-27-2012, 10:34 PM
kobe was asking him if he wanted to go to disney world together. no lie. my cousins brothers friends' cousin told me so

Twins Fanatic
02-27-2012, 10:37 PM
It's the allstar game, who gives a ****.

chitown815
02-27-2012, 10:38 PM
He wanted to ride on lebrons handlebars to the illuminati meeting. Duh

TheSportsHound
02-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Kobe probably told LeBron that you will never be considered a "great" if you always deferring when the game is on the line. Shoot the ball, especially cause he was on fire. That was the definition of choking yet again.

Sactown
02-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Chocking?! Kobe's Air ball with under 1:30 left in the game!? Wade Turnover with a minute left?, but no.. we have to talk about Lebron.. How about when LA played Dallas last week and Kobe missed 2 free throws in a row to ice the game?! Nope.. we have to talk about Lebron not wanting to be a chucker in an all star game

CHILL20
02-28-2012, 12:14 AM
He wanted to ride on lebrons handlebars to the illuminati meeting. Duh

Shh...no one is supposed to know about that...lol.

But, its not even about just blaming everything on him so much as it is trying to understand his mindset at the end of the game because it didn't make sense. Even Steve Kerr and Reggie Miller couldn't understand it. Look, the first play he made giving the ball to an open Deron Williams who had been knocking three's down like he was Larry Bird was a good idea. Most people didn't have a problem with that, it was his actions AFTER that were mind boggling. Deron air-balled the three but then got it back and passed it back to Lebron who then instead of shooting decides to throw a half-court pass to...nowhere?? Nobody knows who he was trying to throw that ball too. Okay bad play, he still has a chance to redeem himself and then what happens? He comes out of the time out INBOUNDING the ball...why? Once again Reggie and Steve kerr were just as baffled as anyone. He then passes it to Wade with one second left who throws up probably the wildest shot I've seen in a long time and the rest is history.

chitown85
02-28-2012, 12:25 AM
first of all im not a lebron or heat fan boy. was never that big of a lebron fan in the first place. i hated the idea of him being labled "king" before he even bounced a ball on an nba court.

im 30, ive seen bird play as a kid, i watched magic play as well. i grew up to mj. with that said i beleive lebron can hang with any of those players.

winning championships is a team thing. no one player can do it by themselves so lets take the championship argument out of this. there are great great players who never even won 1.

lebron could easily hang with bird, magic, & jordan. . those players were great, but so is lebron. you cant hide behind the fact that we'll never know because they are from different era's.

being a hip hop fan i know that legacy is not determined by era's. will there ever be another tupac and biggie ? noo but there are still jay z, nas, eminem etc. this is the same thing. there will never be another jordan. but lebron is a phenom in his own right.

there is not an area of the game that lebron isnt good at. shooting mid range and 3 pointers now too, dribbling and handeling, rebounds, defence, post moves,passing etc... he can do it all.

if lebron played in the 80's and 90's he would still easily be one of the best players in the league.

I respect your opinion but disagree, it is too early to mention his name in the same sentence (as far his claim G.O.A.T), ATHLETICISM SURE--KILLER INSTINCT?...Not so sure. Only time will tell. I don't have to hide behind any facts, my friend. I didn't watch Bird as much (other than the olympics/playoffs/when they played the Bulls), but I watched Jordan, every damn game, flu and all, Jordan was a killer...period. You kind of have to talk about championships...Dan Marino or Tom Brady? Jordan elevated his game to a whole nother' level in big games and was clutch, the type to throw his team on his back and carry them home. Lebron has D. Wade and Bosh, please don't say he doesn't have the talent around him to win...I just haven't seen that killer instinct that epitomizes a champion. Kobe still has it. Still waiting on Lebron to step up to the hype.

chitown85
02-28-2012, 12:37 AM
And as far as the Jay Z/Hip Hop analogy is concerned. It applies in Hip Hop as well, but using different terms. Championship=Platinum Record/Gold Record. Obviously Bron can't make a platinum record, but he can win a ring for his city and his legacy. With all of the talent he has, his destiny should be put in his hands. Why are we already saying ,"Even if he doesn't when a Championship...," Damn, what little faith in such an amazing athletes potential. Especially as you claim ," He can EASILY hang with Jordan, Bird, and Magic..."

MickeyMgl
02-28-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't know what he said, but it reminded me of Ali yelling at Liston after Liston had apparently taken a dive. They should make a poster of it.

SaimuKala
02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
lol seriously leave LeBron alone. The others choked as much as LeBron did.

tr3ymill3r
02-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Yes others choked as much as LeBron, but haven't the others proven that they can step up? Both Kobe and DWade have rings. I think a majority of people who come to his aid just don't know basketball. We all want LeBron to be the best, we want to have the opportunity to say that we saw the best. Some of us got the opportunity when we witnessed Magic, Bird, and MJ, we were then blessed with Kobe Bryant, we would all just like to see LeBron play to where he thinks he is with the KING status and play to the ability of Kobe or MJ. We aren't constantly bashing him, we expect more from him. If you've ever played sports and been decent you've probably wondered why the coach is riding you more than the last guy on the bench and it's because he expects more from you. We don't get on here and bash Dwight Howard, Deron Williams or Melo because we don't hold them as high as we do LeBron. If you're going to call yourself the KING, you sure as hell better act like it.

NYKnicks4511
02-28-2012, 12:49 PM
As usual

I wonder what else happened.... "As usual" HAH.

albertc86
02-28-2012, 01:17 PM

Not true. He'd be praised for at least taking the shot and going at Kobe.

RaiderLakersA's
02-28-2012, 01:22 PM
And as far as the Jay Z/Hip Hop analogy is concerned. It applies in Hip Hop as well, but using different terms. Championship=Platinum Record/Gold Record. Obviously Bron can't make a platinum record, but he can win a ring for his city and his legacy. With all of the talent he has, his destiny should be put in his hands. Why are we already saying ,"Even if he doesn't when a Championship...," Damn, what little faith in such an amazing athletes potential. Especially as you claim ," He can EASILY hang with Jordan, Bird, and Magic..."

Well said.

Whenever someone mentions whether championships matter with respect to GOAT status, I like to distill the argument down to this:

If you had to compartmentalize the man's career, which 6 year period made Jordan a first ballot HOF and the GOAT? 1984 - 1990? Or 1991 - 1998?

When I view LeBron of 2012 through a similar prism, I see why people say things like "...he could hang easily.." with some of the greats. In terms of individual achievements, pure basketball athleticism, LeBron has every superlative.

But in my mind what makes Jordan the GOAT isn't his first 6 years, but the second 6 years. The championship years. Nonpareil, there was no one better than MJ during his reign. This was an era where Jordan didn't just dominate by pure athleticism, but by the intangibles that make all of the great ones worth watching/admiring/envying/worshipping.

It seems to me that guys like Jordan, Magic, Bird, Russell, etc., had the will before they ever had the skill.

That's why so many find themselves looking at LeBron sideways. We're all hoping that he has that in him, but right now, we're just not sure. LeBron has time, though. Let's just wait and see.