PDA

View Full Version : Peter Vecsey: Bogut being shopped

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-27-2012, 11:40 AM
That leads us to Andrew Bogut, who fractured his left ankle and is out for another 8-12 weeks. Hurt or healthy, there are always teams interested in the 2005 pick of the litter, who’s under contract ($13M/$14M) for the next seasons. Obviously, the Bucks have yet to hear anything especially enticing, but they’re “definitely open to offers,” disclosed an East Coast coach.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/magic_kingdom_ransom_rj4s6vvwwG5y96M97eB9pO/1

Rockice_8
02-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Could be a steal for another team if he can get healthy cause right now I expect the offers to be real low.

BallIsAll
02-27-2012, 11:45 AM
I dont see why any team would trade for him, hes owed a chunk of money and hardly plays. He's not even an expiring..

BallIsAll
02-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Corey Brewer + Al Harrington + 2nd rounder for Andrew Bogut?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Bogut will be ready in 4 weeks to play.

flclfanman
02-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Corey Brewer + Al Harrington + 2nd rounder for Andrew Bogut?

Table Scraps and a throwaway pick for a top 5/6 center? :laugh:

Good luck with that

BallIsAll
02-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Table Scraps and a throwaway pick for a top 5/6 center? :laugh:

Good luck with that

6th man of the year candidate and a young atheletic hussle wing for a players whos owed like 27 mill who hardly plays seems fair to me. How can someone who plays 20 games a year be a top 5/6 center?

Nighthawk
02-27-2012, 12:06 PM
6th man of the year candidate and a young atheletic hussle wing for a players whos owed like 27 mill who hardly plays seems fair to me. How can someone who plays 20 games a year be a top 5/6 center?

Bynum is considered a top center with all his injury past and knee problems.

Rondo, J.Oneal, J.Johnson, E. Moore, Pavolic, 1st Rd Pick

for

Bogut, S. Jackson, B. Jennings

Jennings/Bradley
Allen/Jackson
Pierce/Pietrus
KG/Bass
Bogut/Stiemsma

goblazers7
02-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Gerald Wallace and Luke Babbitt for Bogut

Crawford
Matthews
Batum
Aldridge
Bogut

bench
Felton
Pryz
Nolan Smith
Craig Smith

Celticsfan2007
02-27-2012, 12:25 PM

for

Jennings/Bradley
Allen/Jackson
Pierce/Pietrus
KG/Bass
Bogut/Stiemsma

Sign me up. I love me some Brandon Jennings :drool:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Bill Simmons-
Bogut,Jennings,Jackson,Beno for Rondo,KG,Dooling,Johnson and $2M was another Simmons trade idea on twitter. Twitter trade idea from Simmons.

Master Mind
02-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Golden State should jump on this

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Depends what the Warriors offer? Bucks already declined a expiring contract of Redd last deadline for Lee and Biedrins. I could see us interested in Ellis.

Master Mind
02-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Depends what the Warriors offer? Bucks already declined a expiring contract of Redd last deadline for Lee and Biedrins. I could see us interested in Ellis.

True

Heediot
02-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Atlanta Hawks should take a real hard look.

tcav701
02-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Please Celtics stay way from this...

Much better off with the cap space.

Corey
02-27-2012, 12:57 PM
I imagine the Celtics would be very interested.

I'd definitely be interested in a deal involving Rondo if Jennings came back.

NoahH
I'm tired of people calling Bogut a top 5 center... Oden is a top 5 center too. SMH

MILLERHIGHLIFE
Atlanta Hawks should take a real hard look.Not sure we be good trading partners. Joe Johnson contract is huge. Marvin Williams hasn't lived up to the hype of a #2 pick. Josh Smith burned his bridge to Milwaukee in that playoff series giving city of Milwaukee a dull place to live. Bucks should of resigned Zaza back in the day instead of over paying Gadz. Kirk is a nice expiring. But not much else. Teague be decent but on a rookie deal.

Tmath
02-27-2012, 12:59 PM
J.Calderon, A.Bargnani & S.Alabi

for

B.Jennings, A.Bogut & S.Jackson

bravesfan14
02-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Hawks should send Marvin Williams a 2nd pick and 2 expiring contracts Tmac and stackhouse should work for Andrew B.

He could play center and move Horford to his natural position at the 4

you would have

Teague
Johnson
Smith
Horford
Bogut (If healthy)

That could be kind of scary...

I dont know if the money works out I would have to look but I know that marvin makes a good chunk so its possible.

tcav701
02-27-2012, 01:02 PM
J.Calderon, A.Bargnani & S.Alabi

for

B.Jennings, A.Bogut & S.Jackson

cmon man.

tcav701
02-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Would the Jazz do Devin Harris/Big Al for Jennings/Bogut???

Not sure why that popped in my head but it seems like both teams may be intrigued.

Might have to throw in one of the young wings from Utah.

Heediot
02-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Not sure we be good trading partners. Joe Johnson contract is huge. Marvin Williams hasn't lived up to the hype of a #2 pick. Josh Smith burned his bridge to Milwaukee in that playoff series giving city of Milwaukee a dull place to live. Bucks should of resigned Zaza back in the day instead of over paying Gadz. Kirk is a nice expiring. But not much else. Teague be decent but on a rookie deal.

Marvin Williams, Kirk Hinrich, Zaza Pachulia and Pick for Bogut, Stephen Jackson.

Might not need the pick if you are taking back Jackson's bad contract.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7xkyozs

What do you think? It's just a suggestion. I'm too scared to post it in the Hawks form, the last time I tried that it got deleted in the forum trade thread.

Tmath
02-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Would the Jazz do Devin Harris/Big Al for Jennings/Bogut???

Not sure why that popped in my head but it seems like both teams may be intrigued.

Might have to throw in one of the young wings from Utah.

So you would rather have Harris & Jefferson over the deal I proposed :confused: Ok.......

NoahH
02-27-2012, 01:13 PM
j.calderon, a.bargnani & s.alabi

for

b.jennings, a.bogut & s.jackson

lol

tcav701
02-27-2012, 01:14 PM
So you would rather have Jennings & Bogut for Harris & Jefferson over the deal I proposed :confused: Ok.......

Utah would have to throw in one of their young wings or Milsap/Favors.

Tmath
02-27-2012, 01:14 PM
lol

Calderon is a top 10 PG, Bargnani was playing like an All-Star before he got injured, its really not that funny.

Tmath
02-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Raptors don't need him anyways, we have Valanciunas coming next season. I was just throwing ideas out there and now that I think of it I would rather keep Bargnani to play with him, I think they have the potential to be a great duo.

tcav701
02-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Raptors have too many white guys IMO

And the Jazz dont have as much as usual.

That is honestly why i thought of them as a trading partner hahaha.

Chronz
02-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Not sure why that popped in my head but it seems like both teams may be intrigued

Prolly has something to do with Bogut starring at Utah in college

BallIsAll
02-27-2012, 01:23 PM
i'm tired of people calling bogut a top 5 center... Oden is a top 5 center too. Smh

+1 smh..

NoahH
02-27-2012, 01:24 PM
And the Jazz dont have as much as usual.

That is honestly why i thought of them as a trading partner hahaha.

Someone should gather the stats on that. I'd say there is a strong correlation between a high amount of white guys on a team and losing.

Heediot
02-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Calderon is a top 10 PG

cp3, deron williams, rose, rondo, parker, nash, westbrook, curry, lowry, k. irving

are all better and have stronger cases for being top 10.

Calderone is in the 2nd tier level with guys like Wall, Jennings, Holliday, Collison, Conley, T. Evans, Lawson, etc. In this group there are guys that are still developing and guys that have obvious flaws.

NoahH
02-27-2012, 01:29 PM
cp3, deron williams, rose, rondo, parker, nash, westbrook, curry, lowry, k. irving

are all better and have stronger cases for being top 10.

Calderone is in the 2nd tier level with guys like Wall, Jennings, Holliday, Collison, Conley, T. Evans, Lawson, etc. In this group there are guys that are still developing and guys that have obvious flaws.

I'd take Wall, Jennings, Conley, Lawson, Evans and Holiday and even Collison over Calderon anyday

Heediot
02-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Someone should gather the stats on that. I'd say there is a strong correlation between a high amount of white guys on a team and losing.

Lol. Utah used to be white capital, now it's Toronto, Minny comes a close 2nd.

Utah had some good and great teams in the last 2 decades. Minny is an up and coming team, so I don't know about your argument.

Edit: Raptors got 4 white Guys plus Jonas Val.... Minny has 6, so Minny is the team with the most White players.

Heediot
02-27-2012, 01:33 PM
I'd take Wall, Jennings, Conley, Lawson, Evans and Holiday and even Collison over Calderon anyday

I would agree, I was just trying to be nice to a fellow Canadian lol.

NoahH
02-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Lol. Utah used to be white capital, now it's Toronto, Minny comes a close 2nd.

Utah had some good and great teams in the last 2 decades. Minny is an up and coming team, so I don't know about your argument.

Darn it... HAHA

Tmath
02-27-2012, 01:37 PM

Look at Calderons stats and then compare it to all those guys.

NoahH
02-27-2012, 01:37 PM

Comparable, but Calderon doesn't have nearly the potential imo

Celticsfan2007
02-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Wow... this thread went downhill real fast. Grow up kids..

NoahH
02-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Wow... this thread went downhill real fast. Grow up kids..

Pretty sure everyone stopped talking about Bogut on the first page lmao

Bob_at_york
02-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Bogut is the kind of player any team would love to have. What do the Bucks want for him? That is the important question, that and do you have to take SJax with him?

OC Knights #11
02-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Who the **** is Bogut?

Just some white player from Milwaukee. You most likely haven't heard about him because the NBA is dominated by African Americans. If he got any coverage on ESPN, black athletes would be outraged that they're not getting enough attention and Jesse Jackson would cry foul.

Lindystud36
02-27-2012, 01:58 PM
If I am the Nets I trade Lopez and Marshon Brooks for Bogut and Jennings and S Jax
Than leave Bogut out all season, Tank and draft Davis, or Drummong

Corey
02-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Comments about teams having too much of a certain race aren't going to be tolerated. Grow up, guys.

Bob_at_york
02-27-2012, 02:01 PM
If I am the Nets I trade Lopez and Marshon Brooks for Bogut and Jennings and S Jax

if you were the nets you would do that but why would the bucks do it?

Lindystud36
02-27-2012, 02:13 PM
if you were the nets you would do that but why would the bucks do it?

Cheaper option as a legit center
Jennings does not want to play there, so alleivate the problem now and get a quality return in Marshon, Make the nets take on SJax contract

Will allow Milwakee to have financial flexibility
Jersey could include a pick if need be

hgtiger32
02-27-2012, 02:20 PM

include humphries and you got a deal

JasonJohnHorn
02-27-2012, 05:11 PM
This is no even a worthy "rumour". I cant believe Peter Vecsey is still getting paid to talk about basketball. Of course they are listening to offers. Who isnt? You can say that about just about every player on every team with the exception of Kobe, because Kobe has a no trade clause. Even the Heat will take offers on LBJ and Wade is deal is right. That is a GM's job, to listen to offers. Not even news.

Next.

waveycrockett
02-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Yeah the warriors and hawks would be a good fit. Maybe Hawks could move JJ's horrible deal for Bogut

waveycrockett
02-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Jennings does not want to play there, so alleivate the problem now and get a quality return in Marshon, Make the nets take on SJax contract

wtf Nets would never do that. Jennings? To do what? Be the 6th man?? Bogut??To never play?? SJAX?? LOL

5ass
02-27-2012, 05:46 PM
wtf Nets would never do that. Jennings? To do what? Be the 6th man?? Bogut??To never play?? SJAX?? LOL

Bogut+jennings+okur+2 1sts would be moved for dwight+hedo.

waveycrockett
02-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Bogut+jennings+okur+2 1sts would be moved for dwight+hedo.

Then what are you waiting for!!!??? GET IT DONE!!

Gritz
02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Walking injury

Bishnoff
02-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Bogut is always injured. Who would want him?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-27-2012, 06:27 PM
This is no even a worthy "rumour". I cant believe Peter Vecsey is still getting paid to talk about basketball. Of course they are listening to offers. Who isnt? You can say that about just about every player on every team with the exception of Kobe, because Kobe has a no trade clause. Even the Heat will take offers on LBJ and Wade is deal is right. That is a GM's job, to listen to offers. Not even news.

Next.Its been rumored last year buddy boy! Wolves offered #2 pick for Bogut. Bucks passed. Jennings been rumored last year as well.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-27-2012, 06:30 PM

Jersey could include a pick if need beBucks have Bird rights so he's not leaving til after the new contract. Unless he takes way less to opt out and not pick up option. But we probably trade him before then or a sign and trade.

crewfan13
02-27-2012, 06:30 PM

I don't get why everyone thinks Jennings doesn't want to play in Milwaukee. All he said was that when his contract is up, he'll consider looking into bigger market teams. He never has requested a trade. He's never said he doesn't want to be a Buck long term. All he said is that he'd consider going elsewhere, but he's also always said he likes Milwaukee, especially if we can build a good young team around him.

Bogut is always injured. Who would want him?

I hate when people stay stuff like this, because while its true Bogut is injured often, its not like he's that injury prone. Look at his injury history, sure he does have some injuries, like a nagging back injury that holds him out a couple games. But what big guy actually plays every game. Most centers miss a couple games every couple years due to nagging injuries like that.

But some of Bogut's other major injuries include a freak elbow accident in which any player in that situation missed the rest of the season, and would have been effected poorly the next season too. This year, he fractured his ankle because he landed on someone's foot. Any player of his size and weight would fractured their ankle in that same situation. Its not like his injury history is similar to someone like Oden's, which is surgeries on the same knees for similar problems. Bogut's injuries are accidents that could have happened to anyone.

blastmasta26
02-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Just some white player from Milwaukee. You most likely haven't heard about him because the NBA is dominated by African Americans. If he got any coverage on ESPN, black athletes would be outraged that they're not getting enough attention and Jesse Jackson would cry foul.

Of course. Because no one has heard of Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Jeremy Lin, Ricky Rubio, or Kevin Love, right? The reason that one wouldn't know of Bogut would be the fact that the dude barely plays due to his extensive injury history.

crewfan13
02-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Bogut has played in 80% of the games in 5 of his 7 seasons. For examples sake, Shaq played in 80% of the games in a season 10 out of his first 16 seasons. (I even dropped Shaq's seasons after Miami since age was really catching up with him at that point.)

I'm not saying Bogut hasn't gotten injured a decent amount, but like I've said, he's had some freak accidents, not re-occurring injuries like Oden that often affect the same parts of his body.

Finally, I know you're joking about people not hearing about him, but real nba fans should have heard about him. I honestly think if Howard wasn't in the league, Bogut would have had at least one defensive player of the year, except he never gets recognized for how good he is defensively. When he blocks shots, he keeps them in play and tips them to teammates, instead of swatting them 5 rows deep into the crowd like Dwight does.

blastmasta26
02-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Bogut has played in 80% of the games in 5 of his 7 seasons. For examples sake, Shaq played in 80% of the games in a season 10 out of his first 16 seasons. (I even dropped Shaq's seasons after Miami since age was really catching up with him at that point.)

I'm not saying Bogut hasn't gotten injured a decent amount, but like I've said, he's had some freak accidents, not re-occurring injuries like Oden that often affect the same parts of his body.

Finally, I know you're joking about people not hearing about him, but real nba fans should have heard about him. I honestly think if Howard wasn't in the league, Bogut would have had at least one defensive player of the year, except he never gets recognized for how good he is defensively. When he blocks shots, he keeps them in play and tips them to teammates, instead of swatting them 5 rows deep into the crowd like Dwight does.
I agree, and I do think Bogut is underrated somewhat.

UPRock
02-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Atlanta is a good fit for him, and also Golden State.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-29-2012, 11:40 AM
http://www.sportsradio1250.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5712014

They ask on the radio if any team would want Bogut injured or not? They said plenty of teams been wanting Bogut last 3 years. Bogut will be ready to play in 3 weeks. Woelfel suggested Rockets would be a good fit for Bogut as a example.

Greet
02-29-2012, 12:09 PM
I would want him....but then I realized I have Brook Lopez

rofl

time4change
02-29-2012, 12:17 PM

for

Jennings/Bradley
Allen/Jackson
Pierce/Pietrus
KG/Bass
Bogut/Stiemsma

I'd love this 4 two reasons, one I really want Rondo, and two that would mean we have two players from UW on Milwaukee lol. Awesome.

Gerald Wallace and Luke Babbitt for Bogut

Crawford
Matthews
Batum
Aldridge
Bogut

bench
Felton
Pryz
Nolan Smith
Craig Smith

Would you throw in Oden? lol

time4change
02-29-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm tired of people calling Bogut a top 5 center... Oden is a top 5 center too. SMH

Yah and The Bron is the best player in the world...:rolleyes:

time4change
02-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Bogut is the kind of player any team would love to have. What do the Bucks want for him? That is the important question, that and do you have to take SJax with him?

I would hope to include JAx in any trade possible.

First, he's [I]from[I] Endeavour Hills, Melbourne, Australia. He plays for Milwaukee.
And secondly your race comment is beyond stupid.

I would do it. I hate Lopez but I feel like Marshon Brooks can develop into a real nice player.

I don't get why everyone thinks Jennings doesn't want to play in Milwaukee. All he said was that when his contract is up, he'll consider looking into bigger market teams. He never has requested a trade. He's never said he doesn't want to be a Buck long term. All he said is that he'd consider going elsewhere, but he's also always said he likes Milwaukee, especially if we can build a good young team around him.

I hate when people stay stuff like this, because while its true Bogut is injured often, its not like he's that injury prone. Look at his injury history, sure he does have some injuries, like a nagging back injury that holds him out a couple games. But what big guy actually plays every game. Most centers miss a couple games every couple years due to nagging injuries like that.

But some of Bogut's other major injuries include a freak elbow accident in which any player in that situation missed the rest of the season, and would have been effected poorly the next season too. This year, he fractured his ankle because he landed on someone's foot. Any player of his size and weight would fractured their ankle in that same situation. Its not like his injury history is similar to someone like Oden's, which is surgeries on the same knees for similar problems. Bogut's injuries are accidents that could have happened to anyone.

I just wish I shared your optimism on this one man. I think your right about having some nice young pieces around him though. Milwaukee just can't keep ****ing up.

I also think a lot has to do with the fact that he(Bogut) just doesn't want to play for us anymore. I have a real bad feeling that if/when he gets traded, we are really going to regret it.

However I firmly believe Larry Sanders, if he can add some more weight, can start at center. Call me crazy.

theLgndKllr35
02-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Bogut and Jennings for Iguodala, Holiday, Vucevic?

Obviously makes Lou Williams expendable (one would think) for a more pass-oriented PG.

mgsports
02-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Magic or Heat?

DiRaider
02-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Would like to see pau stay but need a point bad. Jennings and bogut for gasol and 1st rounder

theLgndKllr35
02-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Would like to see pau stay but need a point bad. Jennings and bogut for gasol and 1st rounder

:laugh:

YoungOne
02-29-2012, 06:38 PM
we have plenty to trade :)

reffahead
02-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Something happened to this guy. I don't think a change of scenery will help any. Not to compare players but Biedrins was looking like a strong rebounding and defensive big that could score a little but has fallen off a cliff out there in Cali.

Redskins10
02-29-2012, 07:52 PM

He's not better than Wall.