PDA

View Full Version : Did I hear correctly, D Wade has 1 3 pt made this year?

cutiepie80
02-27-2012, 05:08 AM
I thought I heard reggie miller say it during the game today. Really?:eyebrow:

Bruno
02-27-2012, 05:10 AM
so? he's only shot 13 of them. he's going inside the arc, thats why he's so efficient. If Kobe followed suit he'd be shooting 50% too.

Longhornfan1234
02-27-2012, 05:11 AM

Yes...Wade is horrible behind the arc.

He might be the most overrated player the last decade.

Below-average shooter, terrible on ball defender, and couldn't escape the first round without LeBron and Shaq.

Ovratd1up
02-27-2012, 05:14 AM
JJ Hickson?

cutiepie80
02-27-2012, 05:15 AM
This just really surprised me. Why was HE shooting the ball at the end of the game? Williams or Melo should have been.

Bruno
02-27-2012, 05:18 AM

Below-average shooter, terrible on ball defender, and couldn't escape the first round without LeBron and Shaq.

please.

bholly
02-27-2012, 05:22 AM
It's extremely easy to look this up, you know.

And yeah, like others have said, he's atrocious from distance so he cut it from his game and has hardly been shooting them.

Kobe likely wouldn't be shooting 50% if he only shot from inside, though. Not sure what made the guy say that.

Longhornfan1234
02-27-2012, 05:23 AM
please.

What?

Melo and Wade are the most overrated players the last decade, and it's not even close.

Bruno
02-27-2012, 05:32 AM
It's extremely easy to look this up, you know.

And yeah, like others have said, he's atrocious from distance so he cut it from his game and has hardly been shooting them.

Kobe likely wouldn't be shooting 50% if he only shot from inside, though. Not sure what made the guy say that.

the guy? you know who I am holly, quote me if you have issue with something i say.

do the math on bryants career FG% without three pointers, compare it to Wades career FG% and get back to me.

naps
02-27-2012, 05:40 AM

Brilliant post (http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/eveningsky339/troll.jpg).

Longhornfan1234
02-27-2012, 05:46 AM
Brilliant post (http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/eveningsky339/troll.jpg).

:facepalm:

Am I lying?

naps
02-27-2012, 05:53 AM

Why is it a big surprise when he took only 12 or 13 shots so far from beyond the arc? He decided to actually focus on being efficient rather chucking shots after shots and shooting 43% and leading the league in FGA.

Well, ofcouse you would start a thread on this considering your post on the other thread:

Wade and James NEED to always be on top. They are butt buddies, look at them....joined at the hip.

Most people hate Lebron, I hate Wade. I dunno what it is, he just got super cocky once Bosh and LBJ came to South Beach. He's a jerk and an attention whore but never gets the press for it since everyone is on LBJ's jock 24/7.

Wade has become probably my least favorite player in the league and this has nothing he did tonight. Just another form that he has to be on top and doesn't want to be shown up at all costs.

No wonder why someone would start another pointless Wade thread.

bholly
02-27-2012, 05:55 AM
the guy? you know who I am holly, quote me if you have issue with something i say.

do the math on bryants career FG% without three pointers, compare it to Wades career FG% and get back to me.

Sorry, it's late where I live and I read through everything without remembering who was saying what. Apologies if I offended.

I looked at this years numbers before I posted and he's at .474 from two pointers.
For his career he's at .482 from two pointers.

I'm not sure how comparing his numbers to Wade's is relevant. If anything two pointers would become harder if you cut threes completely, because defenses don't have to cover the three as much. Just because Wade adjusted and brought his two point percentage up in no way means Kobe could've done it. It's possible, sure, but it certainly isn't close to the point where you can just claim it would happen.
Also not sure why career numbers are more relevant than this year's, either - your statement was pretty clearly in the present tense.

bholly
02-27-2012, 05:59 AM
I also just checked Wade's career numbers and he's at .508 from two - so he didn't bring his two point percentage up at all. Relevant or not, the comparison doesn't support the argument that Kobe could do it.

Monta is beast
02-27-2012, 06:40 AM
Did someone say Wade can't play on ball defense? :laugh:

ghettosean
02-27-2012, 06:44 AM

I really don't like the heat but there is no way on earth I could ever say such a foolish thing. Is there one person in this whole forum who can support this point so Longhornfan1234 doesn't look like he has never watched a game this decade?

Raps18-19 Champ
02-27-2012, 07:20 AM
:pity:

Then why did he take the last shot?

naps
02-27-2012, 07:37 AM

Because there was only 1 second left and others couldn't get themselves open enough.

bbcmillionaire
02-27-2012, 09:00 AM

Lol because his Miami heat partner and Crime failed to see a wide open Carmelo anthony right next to him on one play, and his Miami partner and crime was in bounding the ball.

JC_
02-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Lol because his Miami heat partner and Crime failed to see a wide open Carmelo anthony right next to him on one play, and his Miami partner and crime was in bounding the ball.

Why did your coach have Lebron inbounding the ball to Wade?

3ballbomber
02-27-2012, 09:28 AM

Below-average shooter, terrible on ball defender, and couldn't escape the first round without LeBron and Shaq.:facepalm:

Corey
02-27-2012, 09:36 AM
In his 8 years so far, Wade has:

7 all-star appearances
NBA Finals MVP
All-Star game MVP
6 all-NBA teams
3 all-defense teams
Finished top 8 in MVP voting 5 times
Top 10 in PPG 5 times
Top 10 in assists 3 times
Top 10 in PER 5 times
Career .567 TS%
87 career playoff games
Career playoff averages of 26 pts / 6 rebs / 5.5 assists
Career regular season averages of 25 pts / 5 rebs / 5 assists
An ABSURD career WS/48 of .195

How is he overrated, exactly?

justinnum1
02-27-2012, 09:42 AM
In his 8 years so far, Wade has:

7 all-star appearances
NBA Finals MVP
All-Star game MVP
6 all-NBA teams
3 all-defense teams
Finished top 8 in MVP voting 5 times
Top 10 in PPG 5 times
Top 10 in assists 3 times
Top 10 in PER 5 times
Career .567 TS%
87 career playoff games
Career playoff averages of 26 pts / 6 rebs / 5.5 assists
Career regular season averages of 25 pts / 5 rebs / 5 assists
An ABSURD career WS/48 of .195

How is he overrated, exactly?

That one poster is trolling wade fans, and nba fans in general, he does it in every thread. Anyone that knows anything about basketball knows he's not overrated. Personaly i think that guy is a long time cavs fan who is pissed wade stole his idol.

Corey
02-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Maybe so, but he's allowed to have his opinion.

justinnum1
02-27-2012, 09:51 AM
I have no issue with someone having an opinion, but trolling is trolling... not to mention he wont back up his "opinion"

ghettosean
02-27-2012, 10:22 AM
I have no issue with someone having an opinion, but trolling is trolling... not to mention he wont back up his "opinion"
This and I don't know why my original comments were removed for calling him a troll... The dude is clearly trolling especially after the resume of accomplishments handed down by Corey. I'm not sure how I was bickering but I'll stick with dude is a troll.

bbcmillionaire
02-27-2012, 12:23 PM

-_- lol yea I guess thibs designed a play for a 3 pointer to be taken by wade(1-12 @ the 3 point line) rightttttt haha I'm pretty sure Lebron had his mind made up that wade was gonna take the game winning shot

NoahH
02-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Yup. And LeBron hasn't shot many either, but hey its working. They don't need to shoot threes whens you have Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole spotting up

mdm692
02-27-2012, 12:44 PM
What?

Melo and Wade are the most overrated players the last decade, and it's not even close.

Really?!?! Really?!?!? Really?!?!

Kuya_Clive
02-27-2012, 12:46 PM

I thought Lebron should have told Thibs that he wanted the ball for that play and I'm sure Thibs would have let him. He was hitting some ridiculous shots last night.

justinnum1
02-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Yup. And LeBron hasn't shot many either, but hey its working. They don't need to shoot threes whens you have Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole spotting up

yep, MM is #2 3pt fg% and rio is #6

tcav701
They had Deron and Melo on the floor...

the play had to have been drawn up for one of them.

As far as Wade's lack of 3pt FGs, it is a complete non issue now but may become a problem when the officiating loosens up in the playoffs and he cant get to the line as much.

Of course, the could go with a LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Chalmers, Miller lineup down the stretch against most teams.

mynameismo
Doesn't matter if he only made 1 the whole year.. I'd still trust Wade to take the 3 when it matters.

HiphopRelated
02-27-2012, 12:57 PM

Kobe couldn't get out the 1st round without Shaq or Gasol

guess you forgot that

The Final Boss
02-27-2012, 12:58 PM

That's debatable since some of your post has some legs.

ManningToTyree
02-27-2012, 01:04 PM

Am I lying?

yes. :facepalm:

ghettosean
02-27-2012, 01:22 PM
That's debatable since some of your post has some legs.
He is the 1st person to ever make me think that I might want to use his post as part of my sig... That's how brutal I think that comment was.

Bring The Heat
02-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Kobe couldn't get out the 1st round without Shaq or Gasol

guess you forgot that

Lol seriously... Kobe had Shaq in his prime and then Bynum/Gasol.. A good supporting cast. Does it take away from Kobe being one of the best ever? No.

NO player has done it alone.. So the guy makes no sense... Kobe, Wade, Shaq, Duncan... all the great players needed a supporting cast to win. The league is too good for one player by himself to win a championship.

Wade overrated? Please.

SportsAndrew25
02-27-2012, 03:00 PM
^^^^Even Air Jordan needed Scottie Pippen.

ManRam
02-27-2012, 03:08 PM
I really wish I didn't open up this thread. ugh...

LeBron is having statistically one of the 5 or so best seasons ever, and a lot of that is because of how improved his shot selection has been. Wade has done the same thing, and it's improved his game. He's having an amazing season too. It's wise for both of them to limit their threes. If Rose and Kobe improved their shot selections like these two, their efficiency would sky-rocket. It's not a bad thing, not at all.

Trying to knock him because of anything he's done this year is hilarious.

shep33
02-27-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm surprised teams don't play more zone against the Heat

Raph12
02-27-2012, 03:23 PM
so? he's only shot 13 of them. he's going inside the arc, thats why he's so efficient. If Kobe followed suit he'd be shooting 50% too.

With the way Kobe has shot the 3-ball, maybe he should follow suit? :shrug:

MTL_123
02-27-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm surprised teams don't play more zone against the Heat

lol they do but we do have good 3pt shooters rio n miller n some times battier

THE MTL
02-27-2012, 03:59 PM
I love Lebron James and Dwayne Wade's chemistry on the court. Sometimes I think they be playing the wrong sport out there, those passes and catches look like they be playing football out there lol.

RCarlson85
02-27-2012, 04:18 PM
What?

Wow, you are ridiculous. Melo and Wade shouldn't even be compared to each other. Wade has a championship so the comparison ends right there. In the playoffs and especially the finals, Wade carried that team. Shaq was already on the decline. Wade had to have one of the best finals performances in history to bring home the championship.

This same argument that you're making could be said for someone like Kobe too. When he won the first 3 championships, he had Shaq who was still in his prime. Then when Shaq left, the Lakers struggled. It wasn't until the Lakers brought in Pau Gasol that they won the next 2 championships.

CostanzaNumba0
02-27-2012, 04:22 PM

Allen Iverson played in the last decade. Wade may be overrated in the sense that some people think hes top 3 in the league, which i disagree with but to say hes outside the top 5 or 6 is borderline absurd.

LBJ
Howard
Durant
CP3
Love (Unpopular, but peep the numbers the last two seasons, theyre historic)
Wade
Kobe etc

michael91889
02-27-2012, 04:24 PM

:facepalm: Wade made it out of the 1st round on a team with Brian Grant at C Lamar Odom at PF Caron Butler at SF Eddie Jones SG Wade (AS A ROOKIE) at PG... Against the Hornets and then bounced in 6 games against the Pacers... TRY AGAIN

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Interesting.

Kobe made 3 3 pointers alone in the all-star game. Because that's why Wade got MAD and decided to clock him on the face. ;)

SportsFanatic10
02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Interesting.

Kobe made 3 3 pointers alone in the all-star game. Because that's why Wade got MAD and decided to clock him on the face. ;)

he didn't get mad...the east were losing badly in the first half and they decided to pick up the intensity and play some d in the 2nd. it was a little over the top i'll admit but its made out to be worse then it was. if kobe did it to wade you would be praising his "competitiveness". kobe says paul and rose are the only ones as competitive as him, well wade had something to say about that lol. sundays gonna be fun when wade shuts him down again.

justinnum1
02-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Interesting.

Chaz does not approve of your weak attempt at trolling

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-27-2012, 06:28 PM
:laugh2: I can't wait for Kobe and Wade to be Olympic teammates this summer. I wonder who coach K will appoint as the starting SG. I can see things getting ugly between the two.

UPRock
02-27-2012, 06:41 PM

ROFL :laugh: . You don't know ish of basketball, Wade is arguably one of the best defensive SG in the history of the game. With a ring. I can understand calling Melo overrated...but Wade? :facepalm:

justinnum1
02-27-2012, 06:56 PM
:laugh2: I can't wait for Kobe and Wade to be Olympic teammates this summer. I wonder who coach K will appoint as the starting SG. I can see things getting ugly between the two.

Considering wade came off the bench in 08, and was arguably the best player in the olympics, and they won a gold, dont see why that would change:shrug: why mess with something that works?

DaLyingofJungl3
02-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Wade was never a good 3pt shooter for his career & his 1st 3 pointer came against the Cavs this season. Wade is still top 5 he is not overrated & he has been playing better than Kobe ever since he came back from injury.

fresh prince
02-27-2012, 07:41 PM
I also just checked Wade's career numbers and he's at .508 from two - so he didn't bring his two point percentage up at all. Relevant or not, the comparison doesn't support the argument that Kobe could do it.

Kobe shouldn't have eliminated the 3 from his repertoire.. His 3 point shot while streaky at times has been an asset to his all around game over the years.

Fnom11
02-27-2012, 09:59 PM

Lebron and Wade have amazing synergy so I'd imagine it would be Wade with and a strong lineup off Durant/Kobe off the bench(depends who plays the C though, Lebron may just be the 4).

blahblahyoutoo
02-27-2012, 10:59 PM
and that's the way we want it.
wade isn't a great 3 point shooter. he's much better driving to the basket.

KingPosey
02-27-2012, 11:12 PM

Am I lying?

Well youre wrong, but I wouldnt call it a lie, since you believe it.

Kobes a Killer
02-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Allen Iverson played in the last decade. Wade may be overrated in the sense that some people think hes top 3 in the league, which i disagree with but to say hes outside the top 5 or 6 is borderline absurd.

LBJ
Howard
Durant
CP3
Love (Unpopular, but peep the numbers the last two seasons, theyre historic)
Wade
Kobe etc

Good lord all mighty

KingPosey
02-27-2012, 11:15 PM
:facepalm: Wade made it out of the 1st round on a team with Brian Grant at C Lamar Odom at PF Caron Butler at SF Eddie Jones SG Wade (AS A ROOKIE) at PG... Against the Hornets and then bounced in 6 games against the Pacers... TRY AGAIN

That team was more talented than I remembered actually.

bklynny67
02-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Did u really make a thread asking a simple question that u could have easily googled? Lol what a stupid thread. Seriously. Google sometimes. U would have found the answer a Loy faster.

utl768
02-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Wade didn't shoot many threes when he was younger but a couple of years ago he wanted to extend his range so he added more threes to his game but he was never that great a shooter from beyond the arc and with lebron and bosh on the team now there is no need for wade to use that part of his game anymore

Crzycjunx76
02-28-2012, 12:25 AM
NO player has done it alone..

1993-1994 Houston Rockets.

Hakeem Olajuwon carried that team... Otis Thorpe was the #2 option on that squad..

There are other examples I am sure, but that was the first one to pop into my head.

naps
02-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Did u really make a thread asking a simple question that u could have easily googled? Lol what a stupid thread. Seriously. Google sometimes. U would have found the answer a Loy faster.

LOL. This was meant to be a bait thread. The OP clearly stated on "Wade broke Kobe's nose" thread that he hates Wade. And made a big post on how he hates Wade. And then came in to make this thread because he couldn't handled his partner got bloodied in allstar game by Wade.

Longhornfan1234
02-28-2012, 12:52 AM
That team was more talented than I remembered actually.

Wade needs a stacked team to escape out of the first round.... :laugh2::laugh2:

Longhornfan1234
02-28-2012, 01:00 AM
ROFL :laugh: . You don't know ish of basketball, Wade is arguably one of the best defensive SG in the history of the game. With a ring. I can understand calling Melo overrated...but Wade? :facepalm:

LMAO, Wade is one of the best DEFENSIVE SG? OH LORD...

MJ
Lord Mamba
Allen
Drexler
Manu

Wade...

Wade is one of the best help defenders at the guard postion of all-time... but his on ball defense is so bad, it's laughable.

HiphopRelated
02-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Wade needs a stacked team to escape out of the first round.... :laugh2::laugh2:
so does Kobe

SportsFanatic10
03-01-2012, 05:52 PM
this basically explains why wade has abandoned the 3 this year...

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/project_postup_dwyane_wade_120229.html

its really a great read and even if you don't like wade it should appeal to basketball fans. wade will work on his outside shooting game more as he gets older but the first step was the post and hes leading the league in post up efficiency right now. in 08 he only had 15 possessions in the post all year. hes really worked on this and its paying off. this season over 13% of his shots are in the post and hes making over half of them after only using 6% of his possessions in the post from 09-11.

its pretty obvious that with only 13 3pt shots attempted hes decided the heat don't need that from him right now with miller/chalmers/battier/jones(when he plays)/lebron and even cole all capable from out there. hes just doing whats best for the team and while 1/13 is a brutal percentage its a pretty small sample size. he'll develop the 3pt shot a littler more as he gets older just like hes doing now with his post game.

Cano4prez
03-01-2012, 06:08 PM
LMAO, Wade is one of the best DEFENSIVE SG? OH LORD...

MJ
Lord Mamba
Allen
Drexler
Manu

Wade...

Wade is one of the best help defenders at the guard postion of all-time... but his on ball defense is so bad, it's laughable.

Maximum trolling

Longhornfan1234
03-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Maximum trolling

Elaborate...