PDA

View Full Version : Magic want Steve Nash

69centers
02-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Jarrod Rudolph Twitter Link (http://twitter.com/#!/misterrudolph)

Magic Rumor: I was told by multiple sources that Otis Smith will "aggressively" pursue Steve Nash before the trade deadline.

utl768
02-26-2012, 10:35 PM
What can the magic even offer that another won't top

Sadds The Gr8
02-26-2012, 10:35 PM
The Magic have nothing but trash to give them. I highly doubt they can get Nash.

ManRam
02-26-2012, 10:36 PM
as i said in the other thread...

rudolph isn't a credible source at all. he's never been right about anything, and is literally an idiot.

however, this isn't surprising. i don't really believe the LA rumors, because i really do believe that the team doesn't want to move him, as the reports have been for the last few weeks. why wouldn't they be interested in nash? he's having as great of an offensive season as any PG is :shrug:

i'm sure otis has made inquiries to every team about every "available" player...nash and the suns included.

not sure who we'd have to give up. i'd imagine JJ and Anderson would be the assets they'd be interested in. besides that, there's literally nothing else.

shep33
02-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Makes sense I guess. But what are they going to give up?

Avenged
02-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Nash and Dwight :drool:

Don't see what they have to offer though?

ManningToTyree
02-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Thats one way to keep Dwight around

Cal827
02-26-2012, 10:46 PM
They don't really have anybody that Phoenix would want (rebuild).. expecially if that other deal goes through since their first would likely head to Toronto in that 3-team in the other thread. Unless Phoenix is in the three team trade... but still a late first for nash is a rip.

shep33
02-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Jameer + first rounder?

h2r09
02-26-2012, 10:48 PM
that would only happen if they offer anderson, in which case the magic are basically conceding they are not going to keep dwight.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Jameer + first rounder?

Imagine if we get Jameer from Orlando, and then in turn trade him and one of our first rounders (if we still have it) and a second round pick to Phoenix for Nash.

Nash
Bryant
Turkoglu
Beasley
Howard

:drool:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Anderson, Jameer and more?

ManRam
02-26-2012, 10:50 PM
i have no idea what PHX is thinking in terms of future...

but getting Jameer + picks/Redick/Anderson for Nash would be better than just letting him walk. but then again, i don't know if it would be worth the decrease in attendance...and i don't know if nash re-signing in PHX isn't out of the question.

basically, i just have no idea what PHX's plans are, so I don't know how feasible a trade with orlando, let alone a trade at all, really is.

shep33
02-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Imagine if we get Jameer from Orlando, and then in turn trade him and one of our first rounders (if we still have it) and a second round pick to Phoenix for Nash.

Nash
Bryant
Turkoglu
Beasley
Howard

:drool:

Haha that lineup would be sexy as hell.

LOOTERX9
02-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Thats one way to keep Dwight around

Yeah only for this year though. Cause even with nash thay not winning title this season and nash is 38 yrs old. He not gonna be around long. Dwight is gone from orlando. Orlando needs to trade him or else they will look like pure fools

GSWFanInLA
What can the magic even offer that another won't top

I can only see Nash being sent to a contender though, just out of respect from the Sun's gm.

FriedTofuz
jameeer nelson a pick and ryan anderson might get it done

Avenged
02-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Also, Nash is 38 years old. Will Dwight really stay in Orlando for the future to play with a 38 year old player?

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Also, Nash is 38 years old. Will Dwight really stay in Orlando for the future to play with a 38 year old player?

Nash is also an expiring contract. I don't think Steve will want to be traded to Orlando of all pieces with this whole Dwight havoc and uncertainty.

ManRam
02-26-2012, 10:55 PM

well, dwight isn't the brightest bulb in the box...

i mean, he so desperately wants to play with glen davis, monta ellis, stephen jackson and gilbert arenas...yikes.

i'm pretty sure he picked tonight's musical performers too ;)

so who knows? maybe a 38 year old nash looks like a 26 year old MJ to dwight...

Young2Kinsler
02-26-2012, 10:56 PM
The pick and roll with Nash would work less with a big like Dwight who can't score outside the paint

ManRam
02-26-2012, 10:59 PM
The pick and roll with Nash would work less with a big like Dwight who can't score outside the paint

perhaps...but the magic are at their best offensively when he's involved in the high pick and roll...for whatever reason. he actually really excels in it because it's an easy way for him to get open. we're terrible when he just give it to him 10 feet out and say "hey dwight, try and score". when we get him moving we're much, much better. i don't think a pass-first PG is a necessity on this team (we need a go-to scorer WAY MORE)...but nash would do wonders, especially because he's also a deadly shooter.

thedfactor
02-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Nash and Gortat works well, imagine Steve and the man Gortat used to only get 6 mins behind. Dwight needs a great PG. It will help for sure, but won't get them out the East still

ManRam
02-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Nash and Gortat works well, imagine Steve and the man Gortat used to only get 6 mins behind. Dwight needs a great PG. It will help for sure, but won't get them out the East still

well, no one move is getting them past miami, unless they get one of the 3-4 best wings in the world on that team, and that isn't happening. they need a go-to scorer, and they don't have one. until they do, even with a great PG like nash, they have no shot at beating miami, or even chicago.

Hellcrooner
02-26-2012, 11:09 PM
if otis gives up anderson and Jj reddick for a 38 year old expiring nash thinking that is going to make dwight sign back he is the worse gm in the history of any sport.

not only does he lose both nash and dwight at years end but removes the two starting blocks for a rebuilding.....

ManRam
02-26-2012, 11:17 PM
if otis gives up anderson and Jj reddick for a 38 year old expiring nash thinking that is going to make dwight sign back he is the worse gm in the history of any sport.

not only does he lose both nash and dwight at years end but removes the two starting blocks for a rebuilding.....

yeah...on one hand it would be really stupid, on the other hand you can't blame him. he's in a tough situation here...

shep33
02-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Probably a first rounder, Jameer and Rhyno I'm guessing. Suns add filler?

ManRam
02-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Probably a first rounder, Jameer and Rhyno I'm guessing. Suns add filler?

i'd hate to lose anderson and get no PF back. that means a ton of Big Baby (who is playing better of late). thing is, the suns really don't have any worthwhile fillers...and we'd have to add another contract in order to take on another...

Duncan = Donkey
02-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Dont see anyone from Orlando that I like that much.

It be good to see nash with a contender, but they dont much to offer other than role players.

lakersfan01
02-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Nelson for Nash? Magic would be a serious contender with Nash.

ManRam
02-26-2012, 11:47 PM
and as i was alluding to earlier...

Nash just said that he isn't going to ask for a trade and his preference is to stay in the desert...

shep33
02-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I kinda don't get this for Orlando. They'd have to give up what very few assets they have for Nash. Nelson is nice because I think his contract is almost up, and Anderson would be an ideal player to get back.

Very risky for Orlando. I mean does it put them over the top even if they do get Nash? We also have to remember the type of offense Nash likes to run. I dunno, I don't see them getting past Miami or Chicago still even with Nash. Also there are a lot of reports out there that Nash eventually wants to wind up with Mike D after this season in NYC. He lives there, and could you imagine always having one of Nash/Lin out there?

Bruno
02-27-2012, 12:07 AM
everyone wants nash! anyone seen the dudes advanced line? dude is still legit. i worship at the alter of nashish.

i know nash likes the desert, but LA is a desert, with a lot of phony shrubbery and agriculture. yo steve we crack 100 every day from june-july! :laugh2:

sunsfan88
02-27-2012, 03:31 AM
I would imagine that Orlando would have to take on Childress or Warrick's contracts for this trade to even be a possibility.

Also how many '12 first rd picks does Orlando have?

And Magic fans, is there a difference between Ryan Anderson and Channing Frye? Frye is trash now without Amare demanding double teams in the paint just like Anderson will be trash without Dwight demanding double teams in the paint.

And I dont see the Suns taking on Reddick cause PHX is trying to make a splash in free agency at guys like Mayo, Arthur, Batum, Chandler etc.

DaLakerz Rulz
02-27-2012, 03:37 AM
everyone wants nash! anyone seen the dudes advanced line? dude is still legit. i worship at the alter of nashish.

i know nash likes the desert, but LA is a desert, with a lot of phony shrubbery and agriculture. yo steve we crack 100 every day from june-july! :laugh2:

I would even say "still legit" is an understatement. It doesn't seem like he has slowed down in the least bit. Hes playing fewer minutes but still averaging 14 ppg, 11 apg, and shooting the highest FG% of his career, 54%. Its quite amazing actually.

numba1CHANGsta
02-27-2012, 03:55 AM
If the Magic trade Nelson/Hedo/D12 to the Lakers then that means that the Magic will get Nash to be their starting PG meaning they would probably have to trade a draft pick for him or a player like Ryan Anderson

LongWayFromHome
02-27-2012, 04:46 AM
If Nash wants to resign with PHO next season he should tell them to trade him so they can add pieces then he can resign in the offseason.

bholly
02-27-2012, 06:08 AM
as i said in the other thread...

rudolph isn't a credible source at all. he's never been right about anything, and is literally an idiot.

This. I honestly think there should be a list of sources that aren't thread-worthy, with this guy being one of them. Any thread that gets posted using a source on the list should be treated like a thread with no source - ie closed.

This guy seriously just makes stuff up. He's a Magic fan with posting rights on ******. This isn't just the usual *****ing about Broussard or Bucher or whoever being wrong - this guy is genuinely a nobody who just makes up rumours that he likes about the Magic. It's stupid that he's allowed to be treated as a source for threads, because this rumour will be treated as fact by the forum from here on out, and any actual conversation necessarily becomes dumber and less meaningful.

I don't have the time to go back and look for them all, but search this forum for his name and you'll see just a tonne of rubbish - CP3 to Orlando (he pushed this one for a while), Deron to Orlando, Iggy for Turk, Roy (last playoffs) for Turk, etc. These are all real examples from the last few months. Seriously, most of his rumours are bigger homer-trades than what you see proposed on here, and all way favouring Orlando.

He isn't a legit source, and it makes this forum worse when he's treated like one.

Chill_Will_24
02-27-2012, 09:20 AM
The fact that ORL is trying to do this tells me that they are desperate and that from their conversations they gather that Dwight still is still not considering resigning there. If anything this would make it certain that Dwight will leave because it will essentially be "their last shot at the buzzer" so to speak, to get Dwight a ring. If they fail again he is definitely out and Nash will leave too.

If they seriously think they can get more than what CLE and TOR got in the summer thru a sign and trade they are dreaming.

Dwight asked for a trade before the season and what id they do for him? They didnt work with him on it and refused to trade him. Why should he now do them favors and weaken his next team? The Nets refused to trade Lopez for Carmelo OR for Deron Williams.. you think they would trade him now if they had the option to keep him and still get the prize? Only way is if Dwight wants that 5th year...

king4day
02-27-2012, 10:33 AM
A 3 team deal would need to take place for this to occur.
IMO, as odd as it'd sound, Phoenix would be in the drivers seat. They have no interest in trading Nash. So if Orlando wants him, they'd need to give quite a bit to make it happen.

If we were to deal directly with Orlando, this is a deal that could work:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7o87qcx

Suns get rid of the longer contract of Frye in the process.
I'm not sure if Nelson is a player option or team but it looks like he, Reddick and Anderson could then be either pieces for the future or trade assets.

And this is the trade I'd love to see but I doubt Orlando is that desperate:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=72abgso

Rockice_8
02-27-2012, 10:49 AM
And I want to hit the lottery.

justinnum1
02-27-2012, 10:51 AM
If nash went to the suns and asked to be traded to the magic, im sure they would oblige and do what they had to to make nash happy. I think it comes down to what nash wants to do.

Weezy
02-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Depends on Steve Nash, it sounds like he just wants to stay there until he retires. Don't get it... he deserves to chase a ring. Loyalty at its best.

ne3xchamps
02-27-2012, 11:13 AM
The Magic have nothing but trash to give them. I highly doubt they can get Nash.

this.

And that's not enough persuasion to keep D12 in orlando, IMO.

I heard last night at the all star game that phoenix wants to have nash retire there, so I don't think this is going to amount to anything.

uprightciti
02-27-2012, 12:28 PM
the only way this happens is if Orlando retains Hedo's hideous contract take on Josh Childress and trade away 1st rounder JJ Reddick, Ryan Anderson, and Jameer Nelson

Magic Get: Steve Nash, Josh Childress 2012 2nd Rounder

for

Suns Get: JJ Reddick, Ryan Anderson, Jameer Nelson, 2012 1st Rounder

hmmm

yeah alright

mdm692
02-27-2012, 12:42 PM
i really dont see anything that the magic can offer for phx to say "wow we gotta pull the trigger." I prefer him going to indiana or atlanta, hell somebody posted an article in the suns forum suggesting nash be traded to toronto and suns get derozan in return.

Kashmir13579
02-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Would be an excellent move by Orlando, even if they do end up losing Dwight.

MagicHero3
02-27-2012, 12:46 PM
theres no way. nash has 2-3 yrs left tops... if the Magic do this, and end up losing some first rounders and ryan anderson, they officially have the WORST front office ever.

shep33
02-27-2012, 12:57 PM
theres no way. nash has 2-3 yrs left tops... if the Magic do this, and end up losing some first rounders and ryan anderson, they officially have the WORST front office ever.

This. And we also have to remember that Nash can leave this summer. Unless Orlando makes it to the Finals, I don't see him staying there. So your right, if you lose pretty much what very few assets you have left for a guy that can leave after half a season....that's a big risk and an unnecessary risk imo

mdm692
02-27-2012, 01:02 PM

and there is no way nash can play efficiently after 35 years old he should be declining. Yet he is shooting highest fg% of his career and averaging 11apg and leading the league in other categories. And nash doesnt treat himself like every other athlete he has a really strict diet consisting of some very original workouts and eating nothing but organic food to keep his body clean. He could easily play 5 years at a very efficient level.

NoahH
02-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Nash doesn't want to leave PHX

smith&wesson
02-27-2012, 01:36 PM
making bad signing after bad signing trying to please howard is what got otis in this mess in the first place.

I love nash, amazing talent and even though he is still playing at a high level you have to consider his age. howard is not an old guy, he wants a chance to compete for multiple ships not just one run and done. im afraid nash is not the answer. the guy is what 39 ? hes gonna be competing for ships at 42 ? i dont see it.

shep33
02-27-2012, 01:36 PM
The other issue with Nash, is that he has a Peyton Manning effect. What I mean by this, is that in order to get the best out of Nash you have to give him complete control of the offense. Stan has to buy into what Nash can bring to the table otherwise his production will not be as efficient as we've seen in his Phoenix years

Ty Fast
02-27-2012, 01:43 PM
redick, jameer, anderson and 1 or 2 1sts for hill and nash??? just a sugestion.

smith&wesson
02-27-2012, 01:44 PM
and there is no way nash can play efficiently after 35 years old he should be declining. Yet he is shooting highest fg% of his career and averaging 11apg and leading the league in other categories. And nash doesnt treat himself like every other athlete he has a really strict diet consisting of some very original workouts and eating nothing but organic food to keep his body clean. He could easily play 5 years at a very efficient level.

in 5 years nash will be 44 years old. just saying. age catches up with every one. .

Ty Fast
02-27-2012, 01:47 PM

isaiah thomas's knicks have that title

Cal827
02-27-2012, 01:49 PM
i really dont see anything that the magic can offer for phx to say "wow we gotta pull the trigger." I prefer him going to indiana or atlanta, hell somebody posted an article in the suns forum suggesting nash be traded to toronto and suns get derozan in return.

:facepalm: and if that deal goes through, Colangelo will face the firing squad lol

NoahH
02-27-2012, 01:50 PM
isaiah thomas's knicks have that title

He made some good moves. Eddy Curry, Jerome James etc.

smith&wesson
02-27-2012, 01:51 PM
im thinking orlando is in better shape with this roster .

calderon
richardson
anderson
gasol
bynum

with redick off the bench.

that is not a bad team at all.

with nash and howard your going to run in to the same problem in a couple of years when nash gets older and howard demands a trade again. whats he going to do in orlando in 2 years ? playing with men on crutches ?? and remember orlando already used their amnsesty.

smith&wesson
02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
redick, jameer, anderson and 1 or 2 1sts for hill and nash??? just a sugestion.

lol with hedo, nash, & hill they can change their name to the orlando wheel chairs.

thephoenixson28
02-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Maybe a 3rd team would be involved

deaner
02-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Nash doesn't want to leave PHX

can you show me a link to that... I've alway see that he wants to fulfil he contract... which BTW ends this year.

ManRam
02-27-2012, 02:26 PM
i don't think anderson is just a product of howard. he's an elite offensive rebounder, regardless of who he's playing with...just watch him. he's a knock-down shooter, and he can hold his own in the paint. does howard help? sure. but to say he's no different than channing frye is a bit harsh. frye never has half as good as anderson has been not only this season, but last season. anderson wipes the floor with frye in terms of efficiency. 19-23 PER and well over .2 WS/48...frye never sniffed those...anderson has proved he can sustain those numbers.

ManRam
02-27-2012, 02:28 PM
the only way this happens is if Orlando retains Hedo's hideous contract take on Josh Childress and trade away 1st rounder JJ Reddick, Ryan Anderson, and Jameer Nelson

Magic Get: Steve Nash, Josh Childress 2012 2nd Rounder

for

Suns Get: JJ Reddick, Ryan Anderson, Jameer Nelson, 2012 1st Rounder

hmmm

yeah alright

honeslty, it would be silly to do that :shrug:

getting nash isn't taking us to the next level (not over miami or chicago) and we'd be giving up our two best/youthful assets, and a draft pick? that's just going to mortgage the future even more.

if dwight leaves, and we make that trade, we're in a way worse position than we were before. orlando wouldn't do that...PHX would be silly not to :shrug:

thephoenixson28
02-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Magic get-Nash,Mcgrady,Frye,Hill

Hawks get-Nelson,Richardson,Lopez,Anderson

Suns get-Hinrich,Smith,Williams

kjdills13
02-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Here we go guys here is THE trade

Suns- 2 first via LA, Magic 1st, Ryan Anderson, 5.6 mill trade exception

Magic- Nash, Bynum, Gasol, Hill

Lakers- Hedo, Howard, Fry, Nelson

So basically

Suns- Trade Nash, Fry, Hill
Get- Mavs first, lakers first, magic first, ryan anderson, 5.6 mill trade exception

Magic- Trade- Howard, hedo,nelson, anderson, 1st round pick
Get- Nash, Bynum, Gasol, Hill

Lakers- Trade- Bynum, Gasol, there first, mavs first
get- Hedo, Howard, Fry Nelson.

Suns- trade Nash, hill and a bad contract for 3 first and a good young PF. this would give the suns 4 ist round picks, and a LOT of cap space.

magic- nash, Richardson,Hill, Gasol, Bynum.... now thats a scary team.

Lakers- Nelson,Kobe,Hedo,Fry,Howard..... basically the same team the bagic have now, except they have Kobe and they play for the lakers. Because hedo is a similar player to Anderson. And I wouldnt want to play that team ethier.

ManRam
02-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Magic get-Nash,Mcgrady,Frye,Hill

Hawks get-Nelson,Richardson,Lopez,Anderson

Suns get-Hinrich,Smith,Williams

one one hand, getting mcgrady and hill back would be awesome...

but...yeah...

thephoenixson28
02-27-2012, 02:50 PM
one one hand, getting mcgrady and hill back would be awesome...

but...yeah...So is that a No. Hahaha Richardson probably is going to be a big loss but hill makes up for his defense. Frye can do the same thing as Anderson. Might have to sacrifice everything to even think about keeping Howard.

ManRam
02-27-2012, 02:57 PM
So is that a No. Hahaha Richardson probably is going to be a big loss but hill makes up for his defense. Frye can do the same thing as Anderson. Might have to sacrifice everything to even think about keeping Howard.

i mean, i think i'd do it...it would just be too funny. i couldn't see otis pulling the trigger on a bunch of old. i mean, if we lost dwight, we'd be way worse off than before. at least we maybe would save a few extra dollars...

but yeah. a trade like this isn't too awful for the immediate short term, but when you have the uncertainty of dwight howard looming, it's hard to justify making that trade...especially since i'm not sure that would be enough to keep the guy.

D12 fan
02-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Getting Nash still doesn't get Orlando past Miami/Chicago,also Nash isn't a longterm fit to keep D12.Maybe the Magic want to give it 1 last shot at a championship.

Raph12
02-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Rudolph is an idiot, he literally creates bs news to try and draw readers or get more followers on twitter... Don't believe anything he says.

justjames
02-27-2012, 03:30 PM
I think he meant to say "Steve Nash wants magic" because he needs to reverse his aging by 8 years if he wants to win a ring

Kashmir13579
02-27-2012, 05:09 PM
i don't think anderson is just a product of howard. he's an elite offensive rebounder, regardless of who he's playing with...just watch him. he's a knock-down shooter, and he can hold his own in the paint. does howard help? sure. but to say he's no different than channing frye is a bit harsh. frye never has half as good as anderson has been not only this season, but last season. anderson wipes the floor with frye in terms of efficiency. 19-23 PER and well over .2 WS/48...frye never sniffed those...anderson has proved he can sustain those numbers.

He's nasty. I would love him on the Knicks.

mgsports
02-27-2012, 07:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

JordansBulls
02-27-2012, 08:05 PM
This would help for the short run.