PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant on the Verge of Becoming All-Star Game All-time Points & Steals Leader

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Brent Barry on NBATV just said that Kobe Bryant is 18 pts shy of becoming the all-time leading scorer in NBA All-Star game history and 4 steals shy of surpassing Michael Jordan. He is also currently tied with Bob Petit for most MVPs of the All-star game with 4.

310Casper
02-26-2012, 06:26 PM
A popularity pickup game where no one plays defense.

Meh, these records mean nothing.

justinnum1
02-26-2012, 06:26 PM
A popularity pickup game where no one plays defense.

Meh, these records mean nothing.

this

Kucka
02-26-2012, 06:31 PM
That'd would secure him a place in the HOF for sure!!!

blastmasta26
02-26-2012, 06:34 PM
He's gonna get 17 points and 3 steals and retire immediately.

Tony_Starks
02-26-2012, 06:36 PM
MJ hits a fadeaway almost winning the game in his last allstar appearance= classic moment

Kobe making allstar history= allstar games mean nothing.

Nice how that works......

Chronz
02-26-2012, 06:43 PM
MJ hits a fadeaway almost winning the game in his last allstar appearance= classic moment

Kobe making allstar history= allstar games mean nothing.

Nice how that works......
It means Kobe has been to alot of All-Star games, thats not nothing.

But that shot was probably one of the hardest All-Star game buckets of the 2K ERA considering it came in the moment where players were actually trying.

Fireworld
02-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Good for him, don't hate. It's not like he's gloating about it.

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 07:59 PM
:clap:

Legend.

Tony_Starks
02-26-2012, 08:05 PM
It means Kobe has been to alot of All-Star games, thats not nothing.

But that shot was probably one of the hardest All-Star game buckets of the 2K ERA considering it came in the moment where players were actually trying.

I take nothing away from MJ's moment it's probably my second favorite next to Magic hitting the walk off 3 pointer during his comeback. My whole point is that I find it funny how some people can acknowledge other classic allstar moments but when Kobe is about to make one its basically like "oh who cares, allstar games are just pickup games anyway."

To me its just yet another Kobe double standard like Kobe is the only player to ever need help to win a title..... but thats a WHOLE nother story!

Rndy
02-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Not that it means anything but he deserves it. He takes a lot of crap for no reason. People should be more appreciative to watch greatness.

Bruno
02-26-2012, 09:47 PM
nice. takes a lot of appearances, a lot of shots and a lot of minutes in those appearances to get close to something like that.

KobeOwnSU
02-26-2012, 09:57 PM
The only thing Kobe needs to get is that 6th ring. Everything else is irelevent to me...However, Im sure personal accomplishments are appreciated by Kobe.

ManRam
02-26-2012, 10:01 PM
i mean, it's the AS game, and i don't care much at all about any accolades from it. it's basically just who wants to actually try the hardest...

but that's a testament to what kobe bryant is. he never has fun or takes anything litely, and he's always in win-mode. he can't not play cutthroat basketball...

ManRam
02-26-2012, 10:02 PM
i mean, it's the AS game, and i don't care much at all about any accolades from it. it's basically just who wants to actually try the hardest...

but that's a testament to what kobe bryant is. he never has fun or takes anything litely, and he's always in win-mode. he can't not play cutthroat basketball...

Jenceman
02-26-2012, 10:06 PM

This

tbone2171
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
The only thing Kobe needs to get is that 6th ring. Everything else is irelevent to me...However, Im sure personal accomplishments are appreciated by Kobe.

Not looking good

YoungOne
02-26-2012, 10:10 PM
well he shoots alot so he scores alot, congratz

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 10:26 PM
well he shoots alot so he scores alot, congratz

Yea you are right....Jordan sucked man...all he did was shoot a lot...no **** he would score that much. Yea...

AIRMAR72
02-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Brent Barry on NBATV just said that Kobe Bryant is 18 pts shy of becoming the all-time leading scorer in NBA All-Star game history and 4 steals shy of surpassing Michael Jordan. He is also currently tied with Bob Petit for most MVPs of the All-star game with 4.

now who is bob petit anyway guys havent taken event seriously since 1988 its like playing a game 21 its good for kobe fans tho

jam
02-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Kobe had an extra 6 games that Jordan missed:

1. 3 seasons of college ball

2. 1 season with a foot injury

3. 2 seasons out playing baseball

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 10:34 PM
You freaking Jordan nutt huggers, relax, no one is saying Kobe > Jordan. Its just a feat that Kobe has completed. Show some respect.

Hangtime
02-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Personally I don't care about all star game records but it's a great accomplishment for Kobe non the less considering the company he is in.

Cfrey
02-26-2012, 10:58 PM
lol we talking all star game and dis ***** trying to bring up irrelevant kobe records..

no one gives a fack

The Final Boss
02-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Lol The most comical aspect of Jordan's legacy are the fans who've never seen him play hug his nuts on basketball forums. Btw, if you're not playing basketball, there is no need to wear pair of Michael Jordan basketball sneakers... Unless you're 8 and your idiot father doesn't know any better.

ManRam
02-26-2012, 11:42 PM
kobe fans are suggesting that jordan "nuthuggers" are committing sins. i've now heard it all! pot, meet kettle.

kobe is going to win a lot of longevity battles over other players, for obvious reasons. like i said, this just shows he serious he takes everything, and that's why he's so good. but it proves absolutely nothing else at all. it's the all-star game...nothing can be derived from it really.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 11:47 PM
I love Kobe. I love MJ. Both are icons. Can we leave it at that?

Damn guys, don't you remember when I made that thread where I mentioned that Jason Kidd was about to surpass MJ to become 2nd on the all-time steals list???

I mentioned MJ not because I thought Jason Kidd > MJ, but rather for 2 reasons.

One, Kidd surpassed a player to become 2nd all time, and that happened to be MJ. And second, MJ is the G.O.A.T.

Guys like Kidd and Kobe are always humbled to just be mentioned with MJ.

asandhu23
02-26-2012, 11:49 PM
yay... good for his ****ing ***.

LakersMaster24
02-27-2012, 12:14 AM
kobe fans are suggesting that jordan "nuthuggers" are committing sins. i've now heard it all! pot, meet kettle.

kobe is going to win a lot of longevity battles over other players, for obvious reasons. like i said, this just shows he serious he takes everything, and that's why he's so good. but it proves absolutely nothing else at all. it's the all-star game...nothing can be derived from it really.

Dude all I am saying is enough of the Jordan and Kobe comparisons. Jordan is better than Kobe, thats it. Why bring in Jordan into this? Any Kobe thread, ANY thread about Kobe passing any record has someone in it that immediately comes in and says "Jordan this, Jordan that". Anything Kobe does, its not impressive in the eyes of the NBA Forum.

Let Kobe be Kobe.

Bruno
02-27-2012, 12:27 AM
now who is bob petit anyway guys havent taken event seriously since 1988 its like playing a game 21 its good for kobe fans tho
says the guy who claims intellectual superiority based off the fact that he's been a NBA fan for longer than the average PSD poster.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Btw guys, if Kobe gets just 2 more steals in next yr's all-star game, he will surpass MJ for most steals in all-star game history. ;)

Beltrans Mole
02-27-2012, 01:14 AM
Lol The most comical aspect of Jordan's legacy are the fans who've never seen him play hug his nuts on basketball forums. Btw, if you're not playing basketball, there is no need to wear pair of Michael Jordan basketball sneakers... Unless you're 8 and your idiot father doesn't know any better.

Yeah I know right soooo annoying! Why the hell would they nut-hug the best player in NBA history so hard?

Lim
02-27-2012, 01:18 AM
i dunno how anyone can say this means nothing.. the longevity it takes to beat this record is very impressive.

Tony_Starks
02-27-2012, 01:42 AM
i dunno how anyone can say this means nothing.. the longevity it takes to beat this record is very impressive.

Foreal man people act like "so what he just played a lot of allstar games." Ummm the only way you play a lot of allstar games is being really good for a really long time.

I mean he's only up there with MJ, Kareem, and Oscar Robertson. Not like its a big deal or anything.......

Hellcrooner
02-27-2012, 03:49 AM
Ok.
It happens when you play a lot of all star games.

Actually, what People should get notice is how hard is to be present in so many All star games instead of how many this or that you got in the games, because basically they are a joke with no defense and players going egomaniac to showboat their thing.

What is important is how many years you are good enough to be selected, and Bryant has been selected to a ton of them, Kudos to him for that.

naps
02-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Congrats to Kobe. Well deserved even though it doesn't mean a lot. The man played in a lot of AS games. So it was expected he would get this considering his scoring first approach. Just shows the longevity he's been through.

On a side note, Kobe fans are pretty sensitive. I am sure if LeBron would have this most of you guys would be saying "This means no ****! You can only win meaningless stuff while Kobe wins rings!" Pretty ironic. Mark this post or save this link and comeback in 6/7 years when LeBron beats this to see the Kobe fans reaction.

HouRealCoach
02-27-2012, 08:38 AM
He has the edge because he came straight out of high school...