View Full Version : Howard to Lakers March 1st

Pages : [1] 2

NFLNBA
02-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Deal has it like this

Lakers - Howard, Nelson, Turk

Magic - Bynum, Gasol, Calderon

Rapters - ?????

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-dwight-howard-to-lakers-20120226,0,7656235.story

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
What????

And who the hell is John Cherwa?? I've never heard of him.

And this story according to the time was written a little over an hour ago. How come no one else has reported this or has mentioned this LA Times article since then?

This is BOGUS!

duane v
02-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Interesting

KW93KB24
i dont like it, but i do like jameer nelson. I am going to miss gasol.

LAKobeBryant
thats horrible nelson isn't a HUGE upgrade from fisher and blake. and we give up 2 7 footer for d12? horrible.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Rather us being the ones getting Calderon. We better get Ryan Anderson in this deal too.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Btw, this is just a blog from LATimes, not a true article from the likes of a Plascke, TJ Simers etc.

GibbyIsMyHero
02-26-2012, 05:33 PM
IF this is true, which I don't believe, the Magic just got A LOT better...

We may still get Beasley too though, then we'd also be much better.

duane v
02-26-2012, 05:35 PM
thats horrible nelson isn't a HUGE upgrade from fisher and blake. and we give up 2 7 footer for d12? horrible.

We get 12 more ppg
The same rebounds
We get one more player.

But we lose a little continuity..... how long would it take for Dwight, nelson and Turk to get into the swing of things is the biggest worry, other than not improving our bench at all:confused:

NINO_THADON
02-26-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm cool with this trade, I'm sure the Lakers also have other side trades ready also!

Cano-Montero...
02-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Magic comes out as big winners here..lol

shep33
02-26-2012, 05:38 PM
This deal sucks cojones. Good thing it isn't true

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 05:38 PM
This is John Cherwa, the guy who wrote this blog. Apparently, he's the deputy sports editor of the Los Angeles Times:

http://asne.org/articleview/tabid/58/smid/370/articleid/478/default.aspx

Iron24th
02-26-2012, 05:39 PM
BS report, how can you believe it guys???

Hellcrooner
we better get calderon.............. cause A magic with Calderon, j rich, Reddik, Gasol and Bynum MIGHT end up making us look bad.

LakersMaster24
Nelson
Kobe
Artest
???
Howard

Man I hate this deal...no way Howard is worth our 2 bigs...NO ****ING WAY.

NO NO NO to this deal.

KB-Pau-DH2012
We get 12 more ppg
The same rebounds
We get one more player.

But we lose a little continuity..... how long would it take for Dwight, nelson and Turk to get into the swing of things is the biggest worry, other than not improving our bench at all:confused:

Shouldn't be hard. They played together for a couple of years until 2009 NBA Finals, and then reformed (when Turk was re-acquired from PHX) and have been playing the last yr and a half.

shep33
Magic comes out as big winners here..lol

Most definitely. I actually think they close in on the Heat and Bulls with this deal. Plus Calderon? Oh man. That team is stacked. They need a SF and they'd be complete.

IGS9144
02-26-2012, 05:40 PM
I seriously don't believe this but Superman and Hedo would be interesting with Kobe.

All we need now is Steve Nash and acontract extension for Dwight.

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 05:41 PM
God please say this is not true. I seriously dont want Howard unless its a Bynum for Howard swap...noooo please....noo....

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 05:42 PM
If we were the ones getting Calderon, and then make another trade for Beasley I might like this trade...but we get Hedos contract and Nelson....

lakers4sho
02-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Brian Schmitz hasn't said anything of the sort

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 05:43 PM
we better get calderon.............. cause A magic with Calderon, j rich, Reddik, Gasol and Bynum MIGHT end up making us look bad.

Jameer Needs a revival of his career. I've always liked him. I remember when the Nuggets drafted him and then traded him draft night to Orlando. He could be a stud here in LA.

Btw, here's the whole article:

From Orlando, Fl.—
NBA All-Star Game week has all the movers and shakers of the sport in the same place. So it makes it a great place for rumors.

Here's the latest one on Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard coming to the Lakers, courtesy of Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel.

The Magic send Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson to the Lakers for Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum. The Toronto Raptors are also part of the rumor sending Jose Calderon to Orlando, although no one is quite sure what would complete that part of the trade.

The rumor also has all this happening on March 1.

Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel is a reliable Magic Insider.

C-Style
02-26-2012, 05:43 PM
were gonna suck just as much as the Magic -the 3pt shooters, Magic get better and get rid of 2 horrible contracts

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 05:44 PM
We better not give up any of our first round picks if we're giving up our twin tower. NO chance in HELL!

Cano-Montero...
02-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Why would a high ranking official from LA times would release this rumor though? makes no sense since it would only hurt his image...

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 05:45 PM
We gonna end up like the Knicks with that Carmelo trade...

IGS9144
Too many bad Laker contacts.

Puke, MWP, Nelson, Hedo, Blake.

Any of those expiring?

BigBongTheory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc&feature=related :ohno:

Cano-Montero...
now another reporter? damm this deal sucks...

drew_ballz99
02-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Kobe paired with Dwight makes it almost as good as the Kobe/Shaq duo. Dwight is so much quicker than both Bynum and Gasol.

shep33
02-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Wasn't Orlando uninterested in Bynum like an hour ago lol?

This report is so stupid. Makes no sense for us whatsoever. Jameer has been atrocious this year. Hedo's contract is a mess, and I really dislike Howard's demeanor

jonesyLakeShow
02-26-2012, 05:48 PM
were gonna suck just as much as the Magic -the 3pt shooters, Magic get better and get rid of 2 horrible contracts

Why march 1st they are all available to be traded now .. There must be players added like mcroberts etc maybe him to Orlando and we get Anderson . I would do that

Nelson then orl -- Calderon
Bryant --Richardson
Anderson. --Barnes
Beasley. --pau
Howard. -- Bynum

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 05:49 PM
:cry: I am in panic mode. This better be bs.

Cano-Montero...
02-26-2012, 05:49 PM
you guys better hunt this reporter down if this rumor ends up as crap...

It makes me puke...lol

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Too many bad Laker contacts.

Puke, MWP, Nelson, Hedo, Blake.

Any of those expiring?

MWP will be amnestied, Nelson has a player option, Blake I think will be traded somewhere, Puke is just god awful, and Hedo, if he can be the Hedo of 2009, will be worth his contract or a good trade chip for something else. Who knows.

simsta
QUESTION is can we amnesty Turk this summer? If so do it, free up cash this summer and sign DWill!

11 Million off the books!

Iron24th
This trade seems more unlikely every second you think about it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Why march 1st they are all available to be traded now .. There must be players added like mcroberts etc maybe him to Orlando and we get Anderson . I would do that

Nelson
Bryant
Anderson
Beasley
Howard

The report also talks about Calderon going from Toronto to Orlando, and I'm sure someone like a Baby Davis or a McRoberts going to be involved in the deal.

J4KOP99
People complaining about what our roster would look like if this deal actually went through need to understand that a trade of this magnitude is just as much (if not more) for the future as it is for the remainder of this year.

If we get Howard, even if it's for Pau+Bynum (which would be hard for us to see that happen) then we are contender for the next 7-10 years... Howard is that dominant.

It's always easier to get your 2 superstars (in this case, Kobe, Howard) and then fill players in around them... rather than trying to find another big-time player to either match with Kobe or to fill in for Kobe, once he is done.

Yes, our main advantage right now is our size with Gasol and Bynum, but if we can get Howard... I say you do it. Even if that hurts our chances this year, we will be better off in the future IMO.

--The only way we're getting Howard is by giving up Gasol and Bynum. That doesn't necessarily mean those 2 both go to Orlando... but if not, it will be a 3-team deal and it will include both of our bigs.

LakersMaster24
If we get Anderson too...this deal might not be THAT bad.

Hellcrooner
ok , let me guess it again ( i asume raps get ryan anderson)

magic woudl have

Best Front court in the legue with Pau and Drew, whitout bryant they can average 40 to 45 points a game togheter to go alogn with 20 to 25 rpg.

They woudl be getting a top 3 ( with rubio and Nahs) PAST first minded floor general in Calderon, who can shoot.

They ahve the athletic drive-in wing in richardson.

the woudl ahve the shooters with calderon and Reddick.....

You cant double team pau because he can pass the rock to the shooters or to bynum....

Sorry but making the trade to make Orlando Nba champions doesnt make ANY sense for me.

J4KOP99
02-26-2012, 05:52 PM
QUESTION is can we amnesty Turk this summer? If so do it, free up cash this summer and sign DWill!

You can only amnesty players that were already on your roster prior to the new CBA.

If we acquired Hedo, we would not be able to amnesty him.

Iron24th

No, you can only amnesty a player who was on your payroll before the CBA agreement.

KB-Pau-DH2012

Nope, cannot amnesty Turk because he wasn't with the team when the new CBA was made. Our only true amnesty candidates are Walton or MWP.

shep33
02-26-2012, 05:53 PM

magic woudl have

Best Front court in the legue with Pau and Drew, whitout bryant they can average 40 to 45 points a game togheter to go alogn with 20 to 25 rpg.

They woudl be getting a top 3 ( with rubio and Nahs) PAST first minded floor general in Calderon, who can shoot.

You cant double team pau because he can pass the rock to the shooters or to bynum....

Sorry but making the trade to make Orlando Nba champions doesnt make ANY sense for me.

I wouldn't say they'd be champions, but they're better than they would've been with Howard this season lol.

I doubt this deal gets done

CLASSOF72
02-26-2012, 05:53 PM
It wouldn't come out like this - ever.

C-Style
02-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Lets just trade Bynum & Gasol for other packages

soundjunkies2
02-26-2012, 05:55 PM

And cap space. If this deal goes down and they amnesty World Peace I believe they'll have a shot at Derron Williams.

simsta
Nope, cannot amnesty Turk because he wasn't with the team when the new CBA was made. Our only true amnesty candidates are Walton or MWP.

Gross! That would have worked

J4KOP99

magic woudl have

I'm sorry, but there is no ****ing way Orlando wins a championship with that team... yes they would be VERY solid... but, c'mon.

Chicago matches up perfectly with them. The Knicks match up well with them too. The Heat don't necessarily have the bigs to macth up with Gasol and Howard, but they have the best 2 players in the league and a ton of extra talent.

Also, Orlando is in the eastern conference... we would only have to worry about them twice in the reg. season and possibly if (and that's a large IF) we both make the finals.

Your acting is if this hypothetical Orlando roster would be the greatest team ever created.

KB-Pau-DH2012
Wasn't Orlando uninterested in Bynum like an hour ago lol?

This report is so stupid. Makes no sense for us whatsoever. Jameer has been atrocious this year. Hedo's contract is a mess, and I really dislike Howard's demeanor

No, they were uninterested in Bynum straight up.

LakersMaster24
Honestly I dont buy this deal. Knowing the Lakers and their secretive deal making I doubt they just go out and flat out say whats gonna happen and the exact date.

Iron24th

magic woudl have

So,all of sudden,if the Magic have Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum,they become the best frontcourt of the NBA???
But when you talk about them as Lakers,you always say both can't work together.

Why are you so bipolar???

broncosfan4eva
02-26-2012, 05:56 PM
if you think about it, if howard decided to dash after the season to the nets we would still have cap room...amnesty ron or hedo even more space. that being said i still want howard to resign here haha.

J4KOP99
02-26-2012, 05:57 PM
if you think about it, if howard decided to dash after the season to the nets we would still have cap room...amnesty ron or hedo even more space. that being said i still want howard to resign here haha.

If Mitch did this trade, he would have a guarantee from Howard that Howard would re-sign in LA.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 05:58 PM
All I know is that Orlando with Howard unable to beat the likes of Miami. But the dynamic of now having 2 skilled 7 footers and a new scenery may just create a monster in Orlando that will give Miami, NY, Boston and Chi and run for their money in the east. :laugh2:

The East probably just got tougher!

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Honestly I dont buy this deal. Knowing the Lakers and their secretive deal making I doubt they just go out and flat out say whats gonna happen and the exact date.

This is a Magic Insider Brian Schmitz leaking this report to an LA Times editor.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 05:59 PM
So,all of sudden,if the Magic have Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum,they become the best frontcourt of the NBA???

I think Orlando ends up using Pau as a trade chip for something else. But they might just keep him because you have that SPanish connection of Pau and Calderon, so I don't know.

Cano-Montero...
02-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Smokescreen deal hopefully...

Hellcrooner
02-26-2012, 06:01 PM

Because ROn jere......er Van Gundy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Potat...... Mike Brown.

May know how to use them and not have one of them patrolling the 3 point line you know....

If mchale and parish could work there has to be a way to make these two work.

utl768
02-26-2012, 06:01 PM
am i the only one who thinks a healthy bynum is better then howard

The goods
02-26-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't know about this and its more pieces than we know of since we don't know what the raptors are getting,the only way I wouldn't do this deal is if howard won't resign with us and how does our cap space look if this deal goes down? Plus I see us going after a SF with the tpe as well.

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 06:05 PM
How would we have enough room for Deron? With Kobe Hedo and Dwight taking up most of our cap?

still1ballin
We have to stand firm here. If Orlando does not trade him before the deadline then they will get nothing in return. Take bynum for Howard straight up or no deal

Mr_Jones

Yes

shep33
02-26-2012, 06:06 PM
This deal is what I like to call poopy

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Is Brook Lopez even back from his injury? What if he doesnt come back before March 15 to save his own *** from getting traded? Then the Magic wouldnt have Nets as an option...

Nevermind he is back!

broncosfan4eva

yes.

drew_ballz99
Look at the 2001 championship roster vs. what the Lakers roster would look like after this deal.....some interesting parallels.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/51up9.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/51up9)

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Wasn't it the whole thing from the beginning that Mitch and Jim were at each other's throats because Mitch was the one willing to part with both Bynum and Gasol for Dwight while Jim was the one wanting to keep Bynum but trade Gasol to another team for pieces?

Well, with Mitch being the one going to Orlando during all-star weekend, and probably getting the blessing of Dr. Jerry Buss (the championship and ultimate marketing guru), I think this deal may very well happen.

KingBossLAL4L
02-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Can't be true but if so we better get Anderson and Calderon as well

lakeshow12
02-26-2012, 06:10 PM
This is an okay trade. not great but okay. Say Lakers get Beasley and Sessions still, yeah it would probably make us feel better.

Nelson/Fisher
Kobe/Sessions/Goudelock
World Peace/Barnes
Beasley/Turk/
Howard/Murphy

not that bad.

shep33
02-26-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't believe this... but something smells that something to this degree might get done. If it's March 1st, then McBob is going in this deal too. Correlate this with the Sheed reports, and I kinda see something to this degree happening.

I don't want to though. No way we get Howard and two under performing players for two all-star calibre bigs

The goods
its a stretch but stick with me fellas how does this line up loo?

Nelson
Kobe
Turk
Beasely
Howard

Not to bad if I do say so myself we get shooting,speed,and with mike brown you know we will play defense.

LakersMaster24
its a PAU KOBE DWIGHT core

or nothing.

Hellcrooner
lol cherry on the icecream, bynum to memphis and Marc G to orlando :p

3/5 of team spain in a market filled of hispanics...........the golden goose money making gimmink of all time

handle
02-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Probably just some douche who read my post this morning about Orlando bluffing about not wanting Bynum, and the two teams getting a third team involved to make the deal.

realsportsfan1
02-26-2012, 06:13 PM
I only do this trade if we get anderson in return. Do it Mitch!!! After that we get beasley and then we have a roster. Also I want a 1st round pick.

Blaze 88
02-26-2012, 06:14 PM
IF this is true, which I don't believe, the Magic just got A LOT better...

We may still get Beasley too though, then we'd also be much better.

Yea, I'd still go after Beasley AND Sessions. I hope this happens.....but it's not a good sign that it's being reported. As we know.... That generally is not a good sign that it will happen....I'll stay hopeful.

Blaze 88
02-26-2012, 06:17 PM

No, you are not the only one. Jim Buss and Bynum are with you too!

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 06:17 PM
its a PAU KOBE DWIGHT core

or nothing.

I would have liked that as well to be honest...thus, my username. :(

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 06:20 PM
251 guests :laugh2:

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 06:20 PM
I bet you Jerry Buss asked Kobe:

"Kobe, so we might have to give up Pau. Now, a young you and prime Shaq won 3 titles together. Would you be okay giving up both of our bigs to get Dwight, and do you think you can win a title with a little past prime you with a guy about to enter his prime in Dwight if we get you 2 the right complimentary pieces?"

I'm sure Dr. Buss and Mitch (not Jim) probably got Kobe's blessing if they're going to go with this.

Blaze 88
02-26-2012, 06:23 PM
This is an okay trade. not great but okay. Say Lakers get Beasley and Sessions still, yeah it would probably make us feel better.

Nelson/Fisher
Kobe/Sessions/Goudelock
World Peace/Barnes
Beasley/Turk/
Howard/Murphy

not that bad.

Add Sheed and Arenas is my bet as well. Id take this line up over the current line up all day and every day....

New Power House
02-26-2012, 06:24 PM

No! Bynum will end up hurt and Gasol wont be able to hold the fort by himself. Unless Calderon becomes Kobe and Anderson becomes Odom! Seriously!
Howard
Troy
Beasley
Kobe
Jammeer
Bench
Artest
Turk
Felton
Wallace
Goud
Kapono
Barnes
Fish
Way better.

Lake_Show2416
02-26-2012, 06:24 PM
deal! ....but I'll believe it when I see it

shep33
02-26-2012, 06:25 PM
http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2012/02/lakers-andrew-bynum-trade-kobe-bryant.html

Bynum says he doesn't think he'll get traded

The report also confirms Schmitz's report... this is strange.

Rocco007
02-26-2012, 06:28 PM
There's a rumor circulating involving Howard, where the deal actually will come down March 1.

It goes something like this: The Magic send Howard, SF Hedo Turkoglu and Nelson to the Lakers; the Magic receive Bynum and Gasol. The salaries are close to matching up, making the deal work.

A third team, the Toronto Raptors, could be part of the deal or in a separate trade with the Magic, sending PG José Calderon to Orlando.

Could be a great deal for the Magic, under the circumstances. There are some obvious holes in the scenario or scenarios.

For one, what do the Raptors get out of it? But the biggest hole is this: Howard is apparently cool on joining Kobe in L.A.

You've been warned.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-schmitz-sunday-0226-20120225,0,4962177.column?page=2

shep33
02-26-2012, 06:29 PM
**** me.

shep33
02-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Okay but why March 1st? This means a 3rd team has to be involved, or else McBob is getting traded too. March 1st is when players signed or traded this past summer are allowed to be dealt. Still doesn't make sense if it's Calderon because he can be traded now.

DaLakerz Rulz
02-26-2012, 06:31 PM
I don't see why people are so against this deal. Did you honestly think the Magic were going to give Howard for Bynum straight up?

Lets be real - this Lakers team is going nowhere. Doesn't matter if we get Sessions/Felton/Beasley/whatever. They simply don't have what it takes to compete with a team like Miami, on the slim chance that they even reach the finals. Also, this is simply not a friendly season for older teams, and I don't see us getting better as we get closer to the playoffs. Getting Howard will allow us to build around him for years to come...We have to take the chance we have to get him. Signing big name free agents is not possible in the near future with our salary cap situation.

New Power House
02-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Because ROn jere......er Van Gundy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Potat...... Mike Brown.

May know how to use them and not have one of them patrolling the 3 point line you know....

If mchale and parish could work there has to be a way to make these two work.

Even before you were against them being in the same team! review your thread responses on the subject.
Lakers will do anything to get Howard because this means a possible addition of Dwill. Lakers can drop Turks contract in the summer and then go for him. Dwill will not stay in NJ if Howard goes to LA. That is why the Lakers will have to offer both Gasol and Bynum. Even if you or any other fan do not like the idea. It is business! The future of the franchise! It is just a rumor but I think that if they ask for this deal the Lakers will go for it!

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Bynum said that he expects to be a Laker by the deadline.....YESTERDAY...

And since Jim isn't the one in Orlando and MItch is running the show, Bynum essentially becomes a nobody at this moment.

But after Bynum said that in media day yesterday morning, since then, Mitch attended the D-League All-star game and then probably has had ongoing negotiations with Smith Saturday evening and maybe this morning and afternoon as well.

Cano-Montero...
02-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Even before you were against them being in the same team! review your thread responses on the subject.
Lakers will do anything to get Howard because this means a possible addition of Dwill. Lakers can drop Turks contract in the summer and then go for him. Dwill will not stay in NJ if Howard goes to LA. That is why the Lakers will have to offer both Gasol and Bynum. Even if you or any other fan do not like the idea. It is business! The future of the franchise! It is just a rumor but I think that if they ask for this deal the Lakers will go for it!

Hmmmm.... NO way in hell DWIll ends up in LA if we land Dwight by trading Pau and Drew... We can't drop turk... ONly MWP and Puke... If the other one is gone..we would still have a **** load of contracts to worry... so I think it better to stop dreaming of dwill and dwight together in LA... Unless you trade away KObe..

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Okay but why March 1st? This means a 3rd team has to be involved, or else McBob is getting traded too. March 1st is when players signed or traded this past summer are allowed to be dealt. Still doesn't make sense if it's Calderon because he can be traded now.

Yeah, guys like McRoberts, Baby Davis etc. are probably going to be included in the deal and any free agents that signed in the offseason with Toronto may be included. Who knows?

LakersSaintsLSU
02-26-2012, 06:37 PM
NoNoNo HELLLLLLLLLLLLL NONNONONONONONONO both bigs? NONONONONONO

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 06:37 PM
I would be okay with this trade as long as we fire Mike Brown and bring back Phil so we can have a rendition of the early 2000s Lakers 3-peat teams with Shaq, Kobe & Phil. :laugh2:

J4KOP99
02-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Why is everyone just thinking about the remainder of this season in regards to this rumored trade?

I agree that in an ideal world, I would never want to have to give up both Bynum and Gasol... but Howard is the 2nd most dominant player in the league. He is still young and has only gotten better.

Finding the pieces to surround Howard and Kobe would be a lot easier than trying to find a new "superstar" to take Kobe's place in a few years.

What do Turks and Nelsons's contracts look like?

J4KOP99
02-26-2012, 06:39 PM
I would be okay with this trade as long as we fire Mike Brown and bring back Phil so we can have a rendition of the early 2000s Lakers 3-peat teams with Shaq, Kobe & Phil. :laugh2:

it honestly wouldn't surprise me haha

DaLakerz Rulz
02-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Why is everyone just thinking about the remainder of this season in regards to this rumored trade?

I agree that in an ideal world, I would never want to have to give up both Bynum and Gasol... but Howard is the 2nd most dominant player in the league. He is still young and has only gotten better.

Finding the pieces to surround Howard and Kobe would be a lot easier than trying to find a new "superstar" to take Kobe's place in a few years.

That is exactly what I am saying....the only thing I am hesitant about his Hedo's contract:

Nelson:
2011/12 ($7,305,555)
2012/13 ($7,888,888)

Hedo:
2011/12 ($10,600,000)
2012/13 ($11,400,000)
2013/14 ($12,200,000) player option

New Power House
02-26-2012, 06:41 PM

The only way for this trade to go through is if Howard signs an extension!

Turk can be drop in the summer and Puke can be traded as a expiring contract guy,otherwise he will retire! Fish will be offer around then he will retire too! Lakers keep their picks for another move perhaps or to train them for the future.

Next season:
Howard
New PF by draft or Vet
Beasley from TE
Kobe
Dwill
Bench:
Meta
Goud
New PG
New PF/center
Jameer
Veteran SG to cover Kobe.
Vet center Troy? or Mc Bob
Very possible! Howard will entice other players to join forces!!

superwill
02-26-2012, 06:44 PM
what i want to know is what are the raptors getting to give up jose........there has to other players in this deal if there waiting til march 1

J4KOP99
02-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Yeah, Hedo's contract is the one killer.

New Power House
02-26-2012, 06:46 PM
That is exactly what I am saying....the only thing I am hesitant about his Hedo's contract:

Nelson:
2011/12 ($7,305,555)
2012/13 ($7,888,888)

Hedo:
2011/12 ($10,600,000)
2012/13 ($11,400,000)
2013/14 ($12,200,000) player option

Hedo next season gone with the Amnesty!!! Welcome Deron!

superwill
02-26-2012, 06:46 PM
how would the lakers drop hedo they cant

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 06:47 PM
You cant amensty Hedo.

New Power House
02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
what i want to know is what are the raptors getting to give up jose........there has to other players in this deal if there waiting til march 1

They bigs so they get Mc Bob and Barnes,Ebanks,Morris and maybe a pick! Give us Howard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Power House
You cant amensty Hedo.

Next season Yes!

superwill
Hedo next season gone with the Amnesty!!! Welcome Deron!

i thought the cba kicked in and you cant amnesty a player you trade for

DaLakerz Rulz
02-26-2012, 06:50 PM
People who think we can get Howard straight up are living in a fantasy land. The Lakers have to make a decision on trying to be competitive in the long term starting NOW, or waiting for another 3 years when all our big names are off the team. I honestly think playing the waiting game is a gamble. Who knows what the league is going to look like after 2014.

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Next season Yes!

No you cant. You can only amnesty players that were on the squad before the new CBA.

soundjunkies2
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Next season Yes!

Only players on the team when the cba was signed. Hedo would not be eligible.

DaLakerz Rulz
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
i thought the cba kicked in and you cant amnesty a player you trade for

Hedo CANNOT be amnestied. However, assuming he picks up his player option, we will have a really good expiring contract to trade in the 2013/2014 season.

Cano-Montero...
02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Hedo could not be amnesty!!!!

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 06:56 PM
If this deal goes through, look for a domino effect of other trades to take place, probably getting Beasley via the trade exemption and some other shooters here and there.

KB24PG16
02-26-2012, 06:56 PM
bad trade

RollinDeep
02-26-2012, 06:57 PM
I feel a new era of Lakers basketball brewing...

Makakiluminati
02-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Could be true.. in which case I would hope we add Beasley to that roster. Could also be a rumor put out by Orlando to get New Jersey to give up more, possibly Marshon Brooks.

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 07:01 PM
The reason its March 1st is because thats the deadline Otis gave to Howard to sign the extension...doesnt have to be McRoberts or Davis.

gocoachmike
02-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Dnt really thk ths is enough... Raymond Felton and Beasely would b better upgrades at PG n SF.

dsonLAL24
02-26-2012, 07:03 PM
i don't want jameer and hedo!

forum199
02-26-2012, 07:03 PM

Exactly. Lakers shouldn't blow chance to get Howard. He only comes if LA AND Orlando strongly urge him to go that route (if Orlando tells him they are getting a good return back, he will feel obliged to take the deal and help his former team out). Accordingly, Orlando holds all the cards.

My proposal is shipping Gasol to Minny for a package like Derrick Williams, Beasley, Barea, and Milicic...and then packaging Williams w/ Bynum to Orlando for Dwight. Then we can use our TPE to acquire another valuable player.

shep33
02-26-2012, 07:05 PM
The reason its March 1st is because thats the deadline Otis gave to Howard to sign the extension...doesnt have to be McRoberts or Davis.

Ah I see. I actually recall reading about that.

I still don't like this deal for us though lol

LakersMaster24
02-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Ah I see. I actually recall reading about that.

I still don't like this deal for us though lol

I hate this deal.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 07:07 PM
You guys have to understand, time's a changing in Los Angeles, especially with the superstardom all these other teams are having.

We had 8 yrs of the Kobe-Shaq era (5 yrs of the Kobe-Shaq-Phil era), then we had 4 yrs of the Kobe-Bynum-Gasol era...

With a new coach, a new system, and looking towards the future, the Lakers want to embark on a new era. You have to change with time.

LAKobeBryant
02-26-2012, 07:16 PM
i would be happy if we got

calderon
kb
ron artest
ryan anderson
d12

DaLakerz Rulz
02-26-2012, 07:18 PM
You guys have to understand, time's a changing in Los Angeles, especially with the superstardom all these other teams are having.

We had 8 yrs of the Kobe-Shaq era (5 yrs of the Kobe-Shaq-Phil era), then we had 4 yrs of the Kobe-Bynum-Gasol era...

With a new coach, a new system, and looking towards the future, the Lakers want to embark on a new era. You have to change with time.

People will naturally be hesitant during a transition, especially since we have had so much success with our main pieces. With every year that goes by, it is harder for this team to win. Age will catch up with our core pieces fast. We can consider this season a wash - Lakers are simply not winning anything. I also think that many people here have become grossly overconfident over the issue of Andrew Bynum. He has been having a great year, I give him props for that. The fact is that it is only a matter of time before he gets injured. Then what happens in that situation? We will be completely screwed. If we can trade him for an ironman like Dwight Howard, you would be stupid not to do it for the long term, even if it means Gasol has to go.

KB24PG16
02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
felton
kobe
beasley
gasol
bynum

sounds better

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Lakers build around superstars (Dwight), not potential (Bynum) and "just" All-Stars (Pau Gasol). With an aging superstar in Bryant, they need to look at the now and the future. When Kobe retires, Bynum and Pau are not the ones to carry this franchise on their shoulders, they don't have that "oompf" in them.

shep33
02-26-2012, 07:24 PM
I hate this deal.

Amen brother

egptnwarrior22
02-26-2012, 07:25 PM
well the only way the financials work is if toronto gets big baby or MWP+Anderson...this actually isn't a terrible scenario if they take MWP off our hands especially bc we wouldn't have to burn our trade exception (which nelson happens to perfectly fit into) and use it on beasley or another big man that is available (varejao? Tyrus Thomas? Andre Blatche?). don't underestimate the positive impact a guy like D12 or Kobe can have on an average player on a mediocre team a la shannon brown or ariza...this can work if they play their cards right.

lakeshow12
02-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Exactly. Lakers shouldn't blow chance to get Howard. He only comes if LA AND Orlando strongly urge him to go that route (if Orlando tells him they are getting a good return back, he will feel obliged to take the deal and help his former team out). Accordingly, Orlando holds all the cards.

My proposal is shipping Gasol to Minny for a package like Derrick Williams, Beasley, Barea, and Milicic...and then packaging Williams w/ Bynum to Orlando for Dwight. Then we can use our TPE to acquire another valuable player.

Technically that trade wouldn't be that much different from the current one. If we trade Gasol to Minny for that, then i say we keep that!

Bynum
William
Beasley
Kobe
Felton or Sessions

We get a lot younger!

We get a lot

Tree Rollins
02-26-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm cool with this trade, I'm sure the Lakers also have other side trades ready also!

If the deal really did go down like that, Mitch would have a move or 2 lined up behind it, and it's still yet to be determined what Toronto's part in the deal is. So who knows. The Lakers seem to be working HARD behind the scenes. Mitch is probably killing himself working on this stuff since they fired all his good staff. Respect to him. He has a good track record when it comes to getting big deals done.

DaLakerz Rulz
02-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Obviously they should explore all possibilities and try to get the best deal possible. They should definitely not jump the gun when making this decision. However, I really fail to see how this trade would be so disastrous the way people on here are making it out to be.

Tree Rollins
02-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Technically that trade wouldn't be that much different from the current one. If we trade Gasol to Minny for that, then i say we keep that!

Bynum
William
Beasley
Kobe
Felton or Sessions

We get a lot younger!

We get a lot

One of the ESPN basketball reporters tweeted last night about Derrick Williams, he said "Minny should be a little worried that Derrick is trying to get numbers in this exhibition game, and he can't do it." Derrick has shown some promise, but he's a couple years away from making an impact, especially on a contender.

If we're trying to do a total rebuild, i say do that deal. If we're trying to reload and win in the next few years before Kobe gets way to old, then don't do it. Use Pau as the piece to get those Minny players to Orlando or another team as part of a 3-teamer.

Cano-Montero...
02-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Im beginning to soften my stance on this deal...maybe something like this

Lakers get: Dwight, Hedo, Jameer and Anderson

Raps get: Walton, EBanks and 2 1st rounders (lakers and magic)

Magic get: Drew, Pau and Calderon...

Then we still have the TPE.. Maybe add some fillers or money for the raps.

Cano-Montero...
02-26-2012, 07:31 PM
This deal is right in line with the magic owner wanting to field a team that could compete...

Tree Rollins
02-26-2012, 07:32 PM
I think the Lakers are working a lot 3-team scenarios. They have the pieces to pull off a blockbuster 3-teamer for a star PG or Dwight if they can get someone to play ball.

3rd team possibilities include:
Minnesota
Houston
Chicago
Toronto
Indiana

The thing they all have in common is they either want, or could use Pau and they have players or cap room to get something done.

Tree Rollins
02-26-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm hoping that Toronto could somehow take on some of that salary. Hedo and Nelson destroy our cap even worse then it is.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Obviously they should explore all possibilities and try to get the best deal possible. They should definitely not jump the gun when making this decision. However, I really fail to see how this trade would be so disastrous the way people on here are making it out to be.

If the Lakers can trade away the most dominant big man (starting his decline and just 2 yrs removed from that 3rd championship) in the summer of 2004 in Shaquille O'Neal, then the Lakers can easily part ways with Bynum and Gasol.

Only difference:

Shaq immediately netted us Lamar Odom, Brian Grant and Caron Butler

Bynum and Gasol immediately will net us Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu.

In terms of what the Lakers give up:

2004 Shaquille O'Neal >> 2012 Andrew Bynum & Pau Gasol

In terms of what the Lakers get back:

Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu >> Lamar Odom, Caron Butler and Brian Grant

LakersSaintsLSU
02-26-2012, 07:35 PM
If we do this...deron better be in a lakers jersey next year i mean you give up both your bigs whom we have lots of chemistry with. Plus he wont be in dallas whch i would love since down here they feel its a LOCK that dwill and d12 will be mavs next year smh if it happens

Angelus™
02-26-2012, 07:36 PM
I think this is terrible. We are giving up way too much. I can understand giving up either/or but not both

Kaspa
02-26-2012, 07:37 PM
I'll believe it when I see D12 in a Lakers jersey...until then it's just another rumor.

jonesyLakeShow
02-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Deal has it like this

Rapters - ?????

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-dwight-howard-to-lakers-20120226,0,7656235.story

it would make sense for minni to get invloved and try to get pau sending more pieces to orl then some players go to toronto from magic ..

sending williams to orl and beasley to magic or toronto or LA and toronto maybe getting 1st and minni getting first .Its a bit complex but defintely maybe one of the biggest trades ever .

Lakers get hedo jameer dwight ryan anderson

Orl get Bynum Beasley calderon derrick williams mcroberts

toronto get ridnour first rounder

minni gets pau and JJ redick

shep33
02-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Nobody else is really reporting this. Some smaller sites are just confirming the rumor. Until Woj, Stein, etc. say something then I'll believe it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 07:50 PM
If this rumor is true, and if Mitch has told Kobe about it, I expect Kobe to come out blasting crazy in this all-star game to get the MVP in Dwight's host city of Orlando.

shep33
02-26-2012, 07:52 PM
I think we should just stick with Sheed. Murphy + Sheed > Howard. Check that. Murphy > Howard

FriedTofuz
02-26-2012, 08:02 PM
I dont want turkoglu on the lakers. We can amesty him right? instead of nelson, I rather get calderon because his contract is only one more year and hes definatly a better point guard. Why cant we just do a seperate deal and get calderon for our pick, dallas pick and walton?

Avenged
02-26-2012, 08:03 PM
We can't be this stupid.. We just can't.

Pau and Bynum both for Dwight? Ouch..

Orlando would arguably have a better team than us :laugh2:

DaLakerz Rulz
02-26-2012, 08:07 PM

Considering the way Lakers are playing right now, Orlando already has a better team than us...

jonesyLakeShow
02-26-2012, 08:08 PM
now another reporter? damm this deal sucks...

We went from adding beasley, sessions to this again,ugh

http://youtu.be/fvzdehnJA9k

Avenged
02-26-2012, 08:11 PM
If Nelson could play like how he did in the year the Magic went to the Finals then I would be okay with this deal.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 08:11 PM

I want to keep Pau as well...but...

Take a look at this, I'm posting a second time:

If the Lakers can trade away the most dominant big man (starting his decline and just 2 yrs removed from that 3rd championship) in the summer of 2004 in Shaquille O'Neal, then the Lakers can easily part ways with Bynum and Gasol.

Only difference:

Bynum and Gasol immediately will net us Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu.

Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu >> Lamar Odom, Caron Butler and Brian Grant

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 08:13 PM
If Nelson could play like how he did in the year the Magic went to the Finals then I would be okay with this deal.

Exactly. He's going to play in the backcourt with the LEGENDARY KOBE BRYANT. His play will be elevated no doubt.

FriedTofuz
02-26-2012, 08:16 PM
orlando sentinel also reporting it.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-schmitz-sunday-0226-20120225,0,424129,full.column

Rumor mill to work overtime

Bynum probably has the best approach. Magic fans, you're going to hear wild rumors galore surrounding Howard until the March 15 trade deadline.

There's a rumor circulating involving Howard, where the deal actually will come down March 1.

It goes something like this: The Magic send Howard, SF Hedo Turkoglu and Nelson to the Lakers; the Magic receive Bynum and Gasol. The salaries are close to matching up, making the deal work.

A third team, the Toronto Raptors, could be part of the deal or in a separate trade with the Magic, sending PG José Calderon to Orlando.

Could be a great deal for the Magic, under the circumstances. There are some obvious holes in the scenario or scenarios.

For one, what do the Raptors get out of it? But the biggest hole is this: Howard is apparently cool on joining Kobe in L.A.

You've been warned.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 08:17 PM
orlando sentinel also reporting it.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-schmitz-sunday-0226-20120225,0,424129,full.column

Brian Schmidtz is the original source and leaker of this news. The LATImes guy mentioned his name, so he probably got it from this article you just posted.

DoubleDragon
02-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Rather us being the ones getting Calderon. We better get Ryan Anderson in this deal too.

Exactly. Otherwise, we're losing too much. Or just keep Gasol:D in that deal and deal the draft picks.

Dreaming is good

Tree Rollins
02-26-2012, 08:19 PM
I dont want turkoglu on the lakers. We can amesty him right? instead of nelson, I rather get calderon because his contract is only one more year and hes definatly a better point guard. Why cant we just do a seperate deal and get calderon for our pick, dallas pick and walton?

Nope. Can only amnesty players who were on the roster when the CBA was signed. So no new guys.

jonesyLakeShow
02-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Considering the way Lakers are playing right now, Orlando already has a better team than us...

I have the talk between Otis and richard Devos.In this video Devos is being convinced by Otis about lakers.

http://youtu.be/SeldwfOwuL8

Tree Rollins
02-26-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm ok with losing both Gasol and Bynum for Dwight as a centerpiece BUT we can't get stuck with both Turk and Nelson salaries unless there is something else that comes along with it, either that, or we get to dump one or two of our bad contracts as well.

Hopefully, there is either another deal behind this one, or some pieces that we don't know about.

Tree Rollins
02-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Fisher
Kobe
MWP
Pau
Glass Knees

OR

Nelson
Kobe
Beasley
Murphy
Dwight

Which is better?

alew510
02-26-2012, 08:31 PM
I honestly don't know why so many people are upset with this deal. This deal is good for the present and future. In terms of future we would be getting the superstar to replace kobe in 3-4 years that we all have been craving for. Also getting Howard could possibly bring D-will (wishful thinking). When it comes to the present yes we are losing Pau and Bynum but Howard is that good and it adds depth to this team at the positions where we need depth (pg and sf). I also believe we would still get beasley as the T-wolves really just want to dump him for picks.

Nelson/Blake/Fish
Kobe/Glock/
Beasley/Hedo/Barnes
Wallace/MWP
Howard/Murphy

I think that team could seriously contend for the championship this year

shep33
02-26-2012, 08:33 PM
I really... really don't want Hedo back

WPG_LAF_DR#1
02-26-2012, 08:35 PM
kobe paired with dwight makes it almost as good as the kobe/shaq duo. Dwight is so much quicker than both bynum and gasol.

dwight < shaq
kobe 33 < kobe 24
league rivals now >>>> 2000-2005 league rivals

alew510
02-26-2012, 08:38 PM
dwight < shaq
kobe 33 < kobe 24
league rivals now >>>> 2000-2005 league rivals

Those are all true but you are forgetting one key thing. There are no other centers in the league right now that are anywhere near Dwight and there won't be for the next 5 years. Back during Shaq's time there were other centers that could at least compete with him

DaLakerz Rulz
02-26-2012, 08:40 PM
I really... really don't want Hedo back

If your only concern is Hedo, that is understandable. But people who are hoping that we don't give our two bigs for Howard, you are in for a rude awakening when Bynum goes down sometime over the next year. I just pray when that happens, we have enough pieces to still rebuild.

robdizzle3
02-26-2012, 08:43 PM
I don like the trade at all.. They get alot better.. The only person we are keeping is Kobe.. I hope it's not

jonesyLakeShow
02-26-2012, 08:57 PM

We cant trade pau if u think we are getting dwill....if pau and bynum are gone we cannot offer a max deal to dwill or any contract for that matter.Thanks to kobe's contract so if we get dwight with pau and bynum gone no chance on dwill so forget it

forum199
02-26-2012, 09:02 PM
You guys are being unrealistic about not including Pau and Bynum for Dwight. Bynum is literally only one more knee injury away from having his value permanently crushed; his value now is higher than it has ever been. Bynum to Dwight is not just a small upgrade. People are assuming the upgrade is minimal, because their numbers appear similar. The truth is Dwight is a significantly more valuable player. Dwight has a bunch of has-beens on his roster now and they're still a top 4 team in the East. His starting lineup now is Nelson-Richardson-Turk-Anderson. You're telling me that replacing Richardson w/ Black Mamba is not a ridiculous upgrade? The Lakers would also be able to acquire Beasley with the TPE and picks. Beasley could probably play some PF for us next to Dwight.

shep33
02-26-2012, 09:04 PM
If your only concern is Hedo, that is understandable. But people who are hoping that we don't give our two bigs for Howard, you are in for a rude awakening when Bynum goes down sometime over the next year. I just pray when that happens, we have enough pieces to still rebuild.

See I would give up our two bigs if it makes us better for now or the future. Turks deal kills our flexibility. We then have another overpaid SF which may end up costing us.

lpdunks8
02-26-2012, 09:10 PM
I honestly don't know why so many people are upset with this deal. This deal is good for the present and future. In terms of future we would be getting the superstar to replace kobe in 3-4 years that we all have been craving for. Also getting Howard could possibly bring D-will (wishful thinking). When it comes to the present yes we are losing Pau and Bynum but Howard is that good and it adds depth to this team at the positions where we need depth (pg and sf). I also believe we would still get beasley as the T-wolves really just want to dump him for picks.

Nelson/Blake/Fish
Kobe/Glock/
Beasley/Hedo/Barnes
Wallace/MWP
Howard/Murphy

I think that team could seriously contend for the championship this year

I just have never been a Hedo or Nelson fan. The thought of mutliple years of Metta, Hedo, and Nelson contracts killin flexibility makes me ill.

With regard to Deron Williams; if you're the Nets, what from the proposed roster above entices you?

shep33
02-26-2012, 09:10 PM
I have a feeling that Howard won't commit to signing with LA so this deal doesn't happen

lpdunks8
02-26-2012, 09:13 PM
I have a feeling that Howard won't commit to signing with LA so this deal doesn't happen

Yup.

He has been begging for a PG for a while. Bringing Jameer Nelson with him somewhere is probably what he has in mind. LOL

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 09:13 PM

March 1st is also the deadline that players can extend. If this deal goes through on March 1st, it will be an "Extend-And-Trade" for Dwight.

jonesyLakeShow
02-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Next season Yes!

No team can amnesty now until july yes your right ...but only with the team that they were with when the cba was voted on

midwestlaker75
02-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Not gonna happen

jonesyLakeShow
02-26-2012, 09:18 PM

He isnt signing it regardless so ur wrong,it would be a verbal to LA that he will resign after his contract ends for option

shep33
02-26-2012, 09:19 PM
March 1st is also the deadline that players can extend. If this deal goes through on March 1st, it will be an "Extend-And-Trade" for Dwight.

I get ya, but he can simply say he won't extend with the Lakers.

amos1er
02-26-2012, 09:19 PM

I don't think a player in the history of the NBA wouldn't commit to signing with the Lakers. LA and Miami are the most desirable places in the US to live for an NBA player. Its well known Dwight wants to get into movies...this is perfect for him.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 09:20 PM
I just have never been a Hedo or Nelson fan. The thought of mutliple years of Metta, Hedo, and Nelson contracts killin flexibility makes me ill.

With regard to Deron Williams; if you're the Nets, what from the proposed roster above entices you?

If you don't want him to leave for nothing...

Lakers can trade an expiring 8.9M contract of Jameer Nelson (a point guard) wo expires in 2013, do a S&T of sending Beasley to NJ as well, along with Goudelock, Walton (expires in 2013), Fisher (expires in 2013) and picks for Deron Williams. Gives NJ a young guys in Mini-Mamba and Beasley and picks, and expirings in Nelson, Fisher and Walton. They get young talent and financial flexibility with expirings.

shep33
02-26-2012, 09:25 PM
I don't think a player in the history of the NBA wouldn't commit to signing with the Lakers. LA and Miami are the most desirable places in the US to live for an NBA player. Its well known Dwight wants to get into movies...this is perfect for him.

Yeah, but if we gut our assets, and take on Turk's deal, we don't have any flexibility signing anybody in the off season outside of vet mins.

jonesyLakeShow
02-26-2012, 09:27 PM

Only difference:

Would u guys do it defintely if we had
odom
dwight on the front line?? because we didnt lose lamar essentially

Beasley
Dwight is much better I think then its really not 3 bigs for dwight its 2 and we actually gained a much improved odom :clap:

Showtime Steve
02-26-2012, 09:29 PM
No way. If we get dh12, dwill wants to come here. Dont want jameer. Not giving up basically odom, bynum and gasol for dwight. Not once, not ever.

jonesyLakeShow
02-26-2012, 09:30 PM

Its not just for dwight..we get jameer and hedo...hedo can put up 15 to 20 and jameer is younger than fish and better and with kobe I think jameer would look better

jonesyLakeShow
02-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Those are all true but you are forgetting one key thing. There are no other centers in the league right now that are anywhere near Dwight and there won't be for the next 5 years. Back during Shaq's time there were other centers that could at least compete with him

The were all older though and I remember shaq always saying he is the only true center left so from 98 til 07 there werent any other centers

lpdunks8
02-26-2012, 09:37 PM
If you don't want him to leave for nothing...

Lakers can trade an expiring 8.9M contract of Jameer Nelson (a point guard) wo expires in 2013, do a S&T of sending Beasley to NJ as well, along with Goudelock, Walton (expires in 2013), Fisher (expires in 2013) and picks for Deron Williams. Gives NJ a young guys in Mini-Mamba and Beasley and picks, and expirings in Nelson, Fisher and Walton. They get young talent and financial flexibility with expirings.

So, you're saying it would be during the off-season (S&T Beasley)?

The scenario would be:

A) Beasley and Williams hit free agency
B) Beasley is happy to go to the Nets who have cap space
C) For some reason, the Nets (who will have massive cap space) won't sign Beasley outright
D) They will trade for him and take in Walton, Nelson, and Fisher contracts which will eat up some of their cap while trading away their superstar.

I'd ask for Billy King's head (figuratively; of course) if that happened and I were a Nets fan.

The Nets would be much better off signing him and trading him to an acceptable place (for him) with space for picks.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 09:47 PM
^^^Beasley can get more if he does a re-sign and trade or if the Lakers pick up his option for 2012-2013, which then essentially, I think he along with Jameer, Fisher and Walton becoming expirings in 2013 Summer. Although I'm not entirely sure about this.

K0BE8124
02-26-2012, 09:50 PM
The magic CEO denied this rumor, he said it was false, remember Mitch will not let us know about any moves but rockets timberwolfs are interested and maybe that rando gasol trade but something has to happen....

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 09:53 PM
The magic CEO denied this rumor, he said it was false, remember Mitch will not let us know about any moves but rockets timberwolfs are interested and maybe that rando gasol trade but something has to happen....

Link of the Magic CEO denying this rumor? :confused:

jonesyLakeShow
02-26-2012, 09:58 PM

Of course he will deny it,especially when the trade cant happen yet

shep33
02-26-2012, 09:58 PM

Do you have a link? This would be music to my ears! Nelson + Turk are not playing well this year.

Cano-Montero...
02-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Do you have a link? This would be music to my ears! Nelson + Turk are not playing well this year.

totally agree with you shep...Hope this deal wont happen at all...

Sssmush
02-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Deal has it like this

Rapters - ?????

I mean that's the deal, right? That's the obvious deal that's been out there forever. A first and a Morris to Toronto for Calderon or something like that.

Gritz
02-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Hurry up and make a deal before I get mad

Sssmush
02-26-2012, 10:07 PM

They're not worse than Fisher and Artest, although I do like Fisher. It's really just a question of wasting dollars on them though

ldawg
02-26-2012, 10:08 PM
bad tradewell the Lakers are an average team right now so even if they dont make a trade they will not win any rings. Second the team has no young exciting players coming up to draw viewers after they signed a big tv deal and have to put a player on the floor with star power. I really think la should over pay and get howard and target a pg in some way or the other. But to be honest i think this is all just a rumor.

shep33
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
totally agree with you shep...Hope this deal wont happen at all...

Amen. I don't want anything to do with Turk's contract... that gives us Turk, Artest, Blake, and Walton in the terrible contract club.

Lake_Show2416
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Big Baby to the Raptors & maybe a Lakers 1st

shep33
02-26-2012, 10:11 PM
They're not worse than Fisher and Artest, although I do like Fisher. It's really just a question of wasting dollars on them though

This is my biggest problem with the deal. I don't want Turk at all. Nelson seems as if he's on the decline for some odd reason with the way he's playing this year too.

If Laker fans want this trade to happen, be prepared to live with this roster plus maybe a couple vet min players for the next 3-4 years.

Lake_Show2416
02-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Amen. I don't want anything to do with Turk's contract... that gives us Turk, Artest, Blake, and Walton in the terrible contract club.

ya that y im finding it a little hard to believe, i dont think we would put all those wasteful contracts together & handicap the franchise for a while

KobeOwnSU
02-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Chaz it!!

ldawg
02-26-2012, 10:13 PM
look fisher,Artest,Walton are all a wast of money. Fisher is not that bad but he needs to hit the bench no way he is still a starter he was not 5 years ago either but La got by because they ran the triangle.

Hellcrooner
02-26-2012, 10:16 PM
hold your tongues!!!!!!!!!! BYnum has not started second half of the asg!!!!!!!!!!!

bad thing........................

Cano-Montero...
02-26-2012, 10:20 PM
I would love the deal to be:

Magic get : Bynum, Pau and Calderon

Raptors get: Walton, Ebanks and 2 1st rounders ( magic and lakers)

KillaInstinct24
02-26-2012, 10:20 PM
I thought we weren't gonna trade 2 for 1...

LakerPride
02-26-2012, 10:22 PM
hold your tongues!!!!!!!!!! BYnum has not started second half of the asg!!!!!!!!!!!

bad thing........................

he was advised by his doctor to limit his playing time around 6-7 minutes

money millz
02-26-2012, 10:27 PM
everybody wants to get rid of bynum for howard on here ?

ldawg
02-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Looking at the Allstar game all these players looking young and springy. Lakers send two starters one played nothing but 5 minutes and the other looks grounded. Why did Bynum not let someone else go if he could not play? He is not injured its just maintenance on his knee.But Bynum is La future star for real? Close your eyes and think of Bynum what is the first word that comes to mind? There is a new wave of young stars and Bynum has one foot in one foot out he is a border line star.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Looking at the Allstar game all these players looking young and springy. Lakers send two starters one played nothing but 5 minutes and the other looks grounded. Why did Bynum not let someone else go if he could not play?

How many of these young and springy guys in the all-star game have won titles or come close to winning one....not too many. Wade is the only one amongst those "youngins" to have a title, and even then, Wade with all that mileage isn't all that springy himself after all the injuries.

Hellcrooner
02-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Looking at the Allstar game all these players looking young and springy. Lakers send two starters one played nothing but 5 minutes and the other looks grounded. Why did Bynum not let someone else go if he could not play? He is not injured its just maintenance on his knee.

because he is that greedy.

you know EXACTLY who would ahve been the dude called up to sub him.

Jimbaco also neded bynum to "earn" teh allstar tag to pump his chest to people " see i was right i was right i was right", he also hates the dude that would have been bynums replacemente too, thaat wouldnt bode well with his fellow l.a media *********** bashing said dude for MONTHS now to make pet look good.

lakersfan01
02-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Yuck. Bynum/Gasol > Howard/Turkoglu/Nelson. Orlando pipe dream.

HOLY TOLEDO
02-26-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't like the deal at all. Mitch needs to convince the Magic that Blake, MWP, Fisher and Walton would give them four players that could certainly put them over the top.

And the Lakers end up with Howard, Bynum, Gasol, and Bryant. We finish out the season and Draft a PG with our 1st rd pick and use the TX to fill one of the holes created by the Howard trade.

I realize that we are giving away two starters and two solid bench players but you need to give up something to get someone of Howards stature in return.

I can't believe that we are wasting our time trying to send a stiff like Bynum to Orlando when we could put together a package like this that they will certainly jump at.

This is why the FO has to go, they are clueless.

Hellcrooner
02-26-2012, 10:40 PM
btw.

If the trade is like this, we need to MAKE sure that orlando trades us Fran vazquezs Nba draft rights.

he is free this summer, widely known as the best big still playing in europe.

he BANGS down low and hustles, rebounds and has a good mid range game, at this point he would bring for next season MUCH more than any rasheed, mcroberts or murphy can bring 10 ppg 10 rebounds 2 blocks and tough as nails.

lakersfan01
02-26-2012, 10:40 PM
because he is that greedy.

you know EXACTLY who would ahve been the dude called up to sub him.

Jimbaco also neded bynum to "earn" teh allstar tag to pump his chest to people " see i was right i was right i was right", he also hates the dude that would have been bynums replacemente too, thaat wouldnt bode well with his fellow l.a media *********** bashing said dude for MONTHS now to make pet look good.

If Bynum didn't play, another center would've probably been called up. Gasol didn't deserve to be next even if everyone was available.

This was Bynum's first allstar appearance. I can't believe anybody would be bashing him for playing, let alone a Lakers fan.

New Power House
02-26-2012, 10:45 PM
I don't believe this... but something smells that something to this degree might get done. If it's March 1st, then McBob is going in this deal too. Correlate this with the Sheed reports, and I kinda see something to this degree happening.

I don't want to though. No way we get Howard and two under performing players for two all-star calibre bigs

Bynum's knees:rolleyes: Gasol's softness= High risk!

Howard= power for years to come.

He will attract a high caliber PG in NJ!!

ldawg
02-26-2012, 10:45 PM
I am not bashing him i am questioning If he is the air to Bryant. He should be the young buck on the team that propels them into the another era but if i did not know their age i would think he was older than Kobe.

Hellcrooner
02-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Bynum's knees:rolleyes: Gasol's softness= High risk!

Howard= power for years to come.

He will attract a high caliber PG in NJ!!

and with wich capspace do we get teh Nj dude?

or do you think Nj is gonna accept teh enticing artest+ nelson+ blake offer :facepalm:

unless you are thiking on using the amnesty on led zeppelin contract 24 :D

New Power House
02-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Yuck. Bynum/Gasol > Howard/Turkoglu/Nelson. Orlando pipe dream.

Better than Lopez and trash or Nothing if they do not take this one!

LAKERMANIA
02-26-2012, 10:52 PM
I like this trade and here is why:

We solve our PG woes for the time being. You can say whatever you want Nelson is an upgrade over Blake and Fisher.

We solve our SF woes even though I dont like Turkoglu. Hedo is a point forward, something we lack now without Odom.

We Get Dwight.

And here is the main reason why I like this trade, Gasol is only going to get older, and by getting older he is going to get worse. I've been a big Bynum fan ever since we first drafted him, I wanted him to be our next Shaq, but let's be honest, as of now, I don't see anything that makes me think he's going to be a legendary center in this league. And plus, with Dwight here we can finally attract any player we want who is willing to sign the MLE and Vet's minimum..

We compete with this roster now, try to make minor trades in the process to fill our bench woes as well, sign anyone we want who wants to play with Dwight and is willing to sign the MLE... and in 3-4 years when all these bad contracts are over with and Kobe retires, we have Dwight to build around

New Power House
02-26-2012, 10:52 PM
and with wich capspace do we get teh Nj dude?

or do you think Nj is gonna accept teh enticing artest+ nelson+ blake offer :facepalm:

unless you are thiking on using the amnesty on led zeppelin contract 24 :D

Hey dude! They still hold the Amnesty,Puke is trade able because of his last year,Fisher can be traded or retire,Lakers'two first round picks,Barnes' contract gone,Troy,Kapono,Ebanks,Morris and TE. I think they will figure this one out!
Hey! It might not even happen,but I personally love it if it ever happens!:clap:

ldawg
02-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Howard will be in Orlando Magic is silly but we can dream until March 15th

Hellcrooner
02-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Hey dude! They still hold the Amnesty,Puke is trade able because of his last year,Fisher can be traded or retire,Lakers'two first round picks,Barnes' contract gone,Troy,Kapono,Ebanks,Morris and TE. I think they will figure this one out!
Hey! It might not even happen,but I personally love it if it ever happens!:clap:

only that dwight getting into beef with kobe and deciding to not resign is quite a much more feasible scenario.

New Power House
02-26-2012, 11:01 PM
only that dwight getting into beef with kobe and deciding to not resign is quite a much more feasible scenario.

Are you watching the game? They look pretty friendly to me!!:speechless:

New Power House
02-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Kobe over the Lerun false King!

New Power House
02-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Kobe passed Jordan on the All Star scoring record!

Blaze 88
02-26-2012, 11:16 PM

Yes sir.....

New Power House
02-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Yes sir.....

This will make my best gift for the last 2 years and for the following 10 if it ever happen!

Kaspa
02-26-2012, 11:41 PM
Big IF?

Showtime Steve
02-26-2012, 11:42 PM

Yes sir.....

Is it me or does every "shooter" we acquire cant hit **** as soon as he puts on the jersey?

lakersfan01
02-26-2012, 11:49 PM

This is true. Dwight will become a free agent this summer regardless of where he gets traded to because he can get $30 million more. That's a huge risk for the Lakers to take.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-26-2012, 11:53 PM
I doubt Orlando gives up Anderson because they may want to see how he works with the twin towers and Calderon

but if we can get Reddick, that'll be sweet.

shep33
02-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Magic have come out and denied this rumor

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-dwight-howard-trade-to-lakers-rumor-20120226,0,6901738.story

Obviously we don't know what's going on though.

ManRam
02-27-2012, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't doubt the Magic would be interested if Pau and Drew both become available...but I will also say that this report contradicts literally everything you've heard about the Magic's plans right now. I'm more inclined not to believe this...but who knows?

Maybe offering Pau and Bynum becomes the deal-maker? But still...it sincerely sounds like the front office and ownership are 150% content with riding the season out and seeing if they can persuade him to stay...and if not, they'll just let him walk and rebuild from there.

Iron24th
02-27-2012, 12:03 AM
^ thanks.

Close thread

shep33
02-27-2012, 12:12 AM
I wouldn't doubt the Magic would be interested if Pau and Drew both become available...but I will also say that this report contradicts literally everything you've heard about the Magic's plans right now. I'm more inclined not to believe this...but who knows?

Maybe offering Pau and Bynum becomes the deal-maker? But still...it sincerely sounds like the front office and ownership are 150% content with riding the season out and seeing if they can persuade him to stay...and if not, they'll just let him walk and rebuild from there.

That seems to be the feeling I'm getting when reading reports about the situation. I don't agree with it, if I'm Orlando I trade Howard for assets while getting rid of some bad contracts, but Devos is rich lol, so he can do whatever he wants.

Hopefully it works out best for you guys. Nothing matters until March 15

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-27-2012, 12:20 AM
Don't know how reliable this source is, but the Magic are denying Howard to LA rumors.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/os-dwight-howard-trade-to-lakers-rumor-20120226,0,7818291.story

Orlando Magic continue to say they have made no decisions about what they'll do with Dwight Howard as the NBA trade deadline approaches on March 15.

And they are saying that a rumor making its way around Orlando that they've reached a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers and a third team is totally false.

The scuttlebutt is that the Magic would send Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson to the Lakers and the Magic would receive Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. A third team, the Toronto Raptors, could be part of the deal or in a separate trade with the Magic, sending point guard José Calderon to Orlando.

Magic CEO Alex Martins told the Sentinel the rumor is wrong.

The Magic have said all along that they will speak to Howard at some point before or on March 1 to see what he plans to do when he can become a free agent this summer.

The Magic then would assess their situation from there.

Team officials want to retain Howard long-term, but they have not ruled out a trade if they deem it necessary.

shep33
02-27-2012, 12:21 AM
I bet nothing happens March 1st.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-27-2012, 12:28 AM
The only reason why I would think there is some credence to this rumor is the fact that a 3rd team like Toronto is being mentioned and that Calderon's name is being brought up as the Magic's new point guard. We've always associated Bynum, Pau, Turk and Nelson in a potential Howard deal, but this is the first time a 3rd team is being talked about, and that too of a player of the caliber of Jose Calderon. Something tells me there may be some legitimacy to this rumor because of it.

BigBongTheory
02-27-2012, 12:37 AM
I've only had one opinion about this all along, Lakers shouldn't even consider trading only Bynum for Howard if he wont commit (which he will not) let alone Bynum and Pau. He walks and where are we? Having to trade a disgruntled Bryant for nothing but air as well? 25m trade exception. Odom, Bynum, Pau, for nothing but air and cap-space. Oh wait, Jameer and Turkey would still be here. Fair deal to me.

Tree Rollins
02-27-2012, 12:37 AM

man i started to explain to you how this is pretty much impossible but i will save it for someone who would understand. I wish you were right though!

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-27-2012, 12:44 AM
I've only had one opinion about this all along, Lakers shouldn't even consider trading only Bynum for Howard if he wont commit (which he will not) let alone Bynum and Pau. He walks and where are we? Having to trade a disgruntled Bryant for nothing but air as well? 25m trade exception. Odom, Bynum, Pau, for nothing but air and cap-space. Oh wait, Jameer and Turkey would still be here. Fair deal to me.

Dwight is not going to be the Satan of the NBA and leave the Lakers hanging. You just don't do that.

lakersfan01
02-27-2012, 12:45 AM

Right on man, I'd worry that Howard would change his mind and sign somewhere else this summer. He will be opting out no matter what to get $30 million more. That's scary giving up Bynum, let alone Bynum AND Gasol for a guy who's planning on opting out and becoming an unrestricted free agent. Howard seems like a guy who changes his mind a lot. A disagreement with Kobe or Mike Brown could be big time bad news with his word as the only commitment we have from him.

Rocco007
02-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Eric Pincus‏@EricPincus
they denied it because it's premature to say any deal locked in

shep33
02-27-2012, 12:49 AM
Eric Pincus‏@EricPincus
they denied it because it's premature to say any deal locked in

Maybe

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Yeah, and it wouldn't look good to talking about it with all-star weekend going on, much less in Orlando. I'm sure the rumors and national media get crazier starting tomorrow morning if this is remotely being true.

My only thought is that the Lakers want this deal to go down sooner rather than later. Why wait 2 more weeks until the 15th for the trade to happen. That just gives you 2 less weeks to work with and incorporate the new guys into the system. And remember, after the 15th, you have only 5 weeks of the regular season left. That sucks for teams waiting to make a deal right at the deadline. In fact, that's utterly ******** IMO.

lakersfan01
02-27-2012, 12:55 AM
God I hope that deal doesn't go down like they have it reported. Not just 1 poison contract, but both Turkoglu and Nelson... yuck. Lakers definitely getting the short end of that deal.

2 allstar bigs for 1 allstar big and 2 crap grossly overpaid players.

Plus Howard is going to opt out this summer no matter what to get $30 million more, so what if some feud happens with Mike Brown or Kobe, or he just simply changes his mind and goes to play with Deron in either NJ or Dallas? Then the Lakers would have traded Gasol and Bynum for Turkoglu and Nelson. They'd be better off just losing Gasol and Bynum for nothing that taking on those 2 bums if Howard bolts. I love Dwight, but how good is his word? He seems a little wishy washy.

New Power House
02-27-2012, 12:55 AM

Lakers will never commit to a deal for Howard without being sure that he will extend.

Plus:

Regardless of speculation and fabrication about additional destinations under consideration, Dwight Howard’s trade request remains unwavering. He is amenable to commit long-term with the Nets, Lakers and Mavericks. That’s it, just those three teams. Nevertheless, lean and rest assured copious other suitors have contacted Magic general manager Otis Smith and registered bids. Without a doubt, the Knicks are one. NY Post

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml#ixzz1nYTSj6wp

jonesyLakeShow
02-27-2012, 12:57 AM
This is true. Dwight will become a free agent this summer regardless of where he gets traded to because he can get $30 million more. That's a huge risk for the Lakers to take.

30 million more if he resigns with us or orlando...so if he leaves us via free agency he loses the 30 million

BigBongTheory
02-27-2012, 12:58 AM
They are trading Dwight though, It doesn't matter all this hoopla about telling everyone they are planning on keeping Dwight and trying to persuade him to return. i guess Craig Sager told Dwight that his mom said he (Dwight) belongs in Orlando and it's the best place for him to be, He said back "I don't know what she said, but that's my mom's opinion". It's obvious, and he's said all year he wants out lol. There's nothing more to that.