PDA

View Full Version : Combine Highlights

House
02-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Point things out that you felt stuck out...

Things for me:

1. RGIII's 4.38 40-time... Not throwing, but that time further pushes his legitimacy

2. Stephen Hill (WR, Georgia Tech) @ 6'4", 212 lbs, he ran a 4.30/4.31

3. Kirk Cousins making good throws (Mayock and Charles) talked about him. Said he looked very impressive with footwork, release and even deep ball looked better than they expected.

ztilzer31
02-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Point things out that you felt stuck out...

Things for me:

1. RGIII's 4.38 40-time... Not throwing, but that time further pushes his legitimacy

2. Stephen Hill (WR, Georgia Tech) @ 6'4", 212 lbs, he ran a 4.30/4.31

3. Kirk Cousins making good throws (Mayock and Charles) talked about him. Said he looked very impressive with footwork, release and even deep ball looked better than they expected.

I don't think anyone ever questioned his speed. Right now it's just can he throw inside the pocket in the NFL, and can he keep his ego in check. That 40 time was amazing though.

Gonna do an updated mock when the combine is done house?

NateyB24
02-26-2012, 02:24 PM
He was 2nd on the 40 yard dash i believe only behind Vick i wish we could get him but in all likely hood i doubt it. I watched Griffin all season and while he may not be getting the hype like Luck he has the chance to be the best QB in this class if he hits his ceiling.

NateyB24
02-26-2012, 02:29 PM
I don't think anyone ever questioned his speed. Right now it's just can he throw inside the pocket in the NFL, and can he keep his ego in check. That 40 time was amazing though.

Gonna do an updated mock when the combine is done house?

I have never heard anyone say anything about his ego and i am sure if his ego got in the way it would get out just like Mallets did last draft.

shen
02-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Cyrus Gray a RB from Texas A&M I think needs to get some attention from Seahawks. He just ran a 4.41 and listening to the people talk he has good hands and I think could be real nice as our second back. He is also a capable returner having returns for TD's in multiple seasons.

DuckHawk
02-26-2012, 05:19 PM
I like Turbin. Soemone in here had mentioned him before and they were right. He is big and fast for his size. A hard runner that would compliment Lynch when he needs a briether.

House
02-26-2012, 06:12 PM
There were several teams that spoke to RGIII. We were NOT one of them. Playing coy or have we conceited the fact we have NO shot at him?

Thoughts?

shen
02-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Second RGIII said we had not spoken to him several the people said bingo that's who Seahawks are taking. They gave past instances such as when no one from the Broncos ever talked to Cutler before they moved up to get him. It is possible that is what is happening here. Rumor is Rams want to trade down and we are one of the people that has looked at going for there pick.

House
02-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Second RGIII said we had not spoken to him several the people said bingo that's who Seahawks are taking. They gave past instances such as when no one from the Broncos ever talked to Cutler before they moved up to get him. It is possible that is what is happening here. Rumor is Rams want to trade down and we are one of the people that has looked at going for there pick.

To move up to #2 (to select RGIII), it would take:

#2 (2,600)

for

#12 (1,200)
#43 (470)
2013 1st rd pick (470) = 2140pts
We would still need to make up for an additional 460pts. Whether it players or picks, we need to give up more!

shen
02-26-2012, 09:53 PM
I am not saying they are right. Just figured given what you said that it was worth mentioning. Also for the record I say do it. I mean if Pete and company feel he can take us to the next level and they like him then I see 0 reason why not. According to NFL Network the Rams WILL NOT make the #2 selection and it is just a matter of who gives them the most. They also think any trade will involve players.

ztilzer31
02-26-2012, 10:01 PM
I have never heard anyone say anything about his ego and i am sure if his ego got in the way it would get out just like Mallets did last draft.

There really hasn't been, but he definitely can see he has swagger. The throws he did for ESPN you could tell he was doing the "badass after I do something cool walk". This just tells me he has a strong ego. So do the best QB's in the NFL though. He has no off the field issues and he's a smart guy. He's athletic and has a great arm. The only thing holding him back now is himself is more what I'm saying, but in reality I think his upside is higher then Luck's. Only time will tell, but I think RG3 will be great.

kyuss275
02-26-2012, 10:20 PM
I am not saying they are right. Just figured given what you said that it was worth mentioning. Also for the record I say do it. I mean if Pete and company feel he can take us to the next level and they like him then I see 0 reason why not. According to NFL Network the Rams WILL NOT make the #2 selection and it is just a matter of who gives them the most. They also think any trade will involve players.

The Rams might trade the 2nd pick, but i doubt they will trade it to Seattle unless the Hawks overpay by quite a bit.

House
02-26-2012, 10:32 PM

I'm still on the fence about RGIII. I personally like the guy and I KNOW he'd help this team, but I also feel we WON'T move up and give up all that for him.

I still think building the team up and either signing Flynn or acquiring 2013 picks to grab Barkley is the way we SHOULD do it.

I trust our leadership and I'm excited to see what comes of Free Agency and the draft

House
02-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Kirk Cousins as our 2nd rd pick? I'm feeling that!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/26/kirk-cousins-helps-stock-by-throwing-at-combine/

DuckHawk
02-27-2012, 12:01 AM
They would have to mortgage the farm to get RGIII. That is a huge gamble. Schnieder has eluded to this somewhat recently with his whole "we won't panic" campaign. They will either sign a free agent if the price is right or draft a QB later (even if it's round 2 or 3) but round 1 is huge. If they draft a QB in the 1st after auctioning off this years and next years draft and that QB busts, even just a little, Carroll and Schnieder are gone and we all start over again with a new regime again. Confident enough in RGIII to risk bring down the house? I am not. I like him but not that much. Luck, hell yes though. But that is impossible.

furmat60
02-27-2012, 12:02 AM
We won't move up to grab RG3. I have a good feeling we'll be taking Cousins.

FWBrodie
02-27-2012, 12:46 AM
To move up to #2 (to select RGIII), it would take:

#2 (2,600)

for

#12 (1,200)
#43 (470)
2013 1st rd pick (470) = 2140pts
We would still need to make up for an additional 460pts. Whether it players or picks, we need to give up more!

The old value chart is outdated due to the rookie wage scale.

House
02-27-2012, 12:52 AM
The old value chart is outdated due to the rookie wage scale.

Somewhat... But the pretense that it would take a BUTT-LOAD of picks to move from 11 to 2 is still inevitable.

johnnymariner
02-27-2012, 01:35 AM
I was listening to Clayton talking on the radio and he said it would take 2 # 1's, 2 #2's , and a #3 for a team to move into the 2nd pick this year

House
02-27-2012, 01:59 AM
I was listening to Clayton talking on the radio and he said it would take 2 # 1's, 2 #2's , and a #3 for a team to move into the 2nd pick this year

Exactly... WAY TOO MUCH for us to give up with other needs on this team!

We fills the needs (DE and LB), set things up and Barkley goes high next year, I'm willing to bet the farm for him!

Hawks4ever
02-27-2012, 02:58 AM
I personally really liked how Cousins looked today, and then we could still use our first rounder on the D. I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Moore either if it was around the 5th or 6th. Either way I think T Jax would start next year though.

House
02-27-2012, 03:33 AM
I personally really liked how Cousins looked today, and then we could still use our first rounder on the D. I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Moore either if it was around the 5th or 6th. Either way I think T Jax would start next year though.

Me too...

I'm hoping we can trade down a bit in the 1st and still grab Ingram. Cousins would be my 2nd rd pick.

Hawks4ever
02-27-2012, 04:01 AM
Me too...

I'm hoping we can trade down a bit in the 1st and still grab Ingram. Cousins would be my 2nd rd pick.

For sure, although I would rather upshaw than ingram as of now. Cant wait for tomorrow though, that is the combine day I have been looking forward to most. I would deffinatly pull the triger on cousins in the 2nd I would rather wait till third but highly doubt that he will be there when we pick in the third.

NateyB24
02-27-2012, 04:22 AM
Walter Football has us taking Cousins in the 3rd so 2nd round may be a bit high.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_3.php

Hawks4ever
02-27-2012, 04:46 AM
I think he really helped himself with a good combine today though, and with a good pro day could easily move up to a second.

seahawks509
02-27-2012, 05:08 AM
Something that caught my eye was all the talk about how great and accurate Kellen Moore is. He's football savy and his football IQ is off the charts. I know I have been all over Moore and saying we should get him, but I have come to realize we probably won't and that the chances of him being successful are real low. If we don't go after him maybe the Browns may? Here are my reasons

Personally im not sure what happened to McCoy, I know about the concussions, but I thought he was doing great. I obviously missed a lot. Homlgren isn't the type of guy to use the #1 overall pick for a QB, usually he likes to use his later round picks and work with the QB's. I don't see how you can appropriately evaluate a QB after 1 full season as a starter, and with the offense he's in. He has nobody. So I could very well see him giving McCoy another year, and going after a top play maker. Maybe trade with the Rams and grabbing Blackman. Then use their later round picks to grab Moore. Moore isn't the guy to drive the ball down the field, but that's not what Holmgren wants. He's gonna want a QB to that is accurate and smart, like a west coast offense. I think Moore would make a perfect west coast QB.

Anyways the whole point of me posting this was, I think the Browns could go after Moore and not Griffin. Use that pick for a play-maker, and Griffin possibly sliding down some spots for us to grab him.

seahawks509
02-27-2012, 05:26 AM
RGIII is funny, I like the guy.

Im also a fan of Doug Martin. Would make a good 3rd down back. He can catch the ball and will get those hard extra yards. Would be great along with Lynch.

Devon Wylie (WR, Fresno State) also surprised me a lot. Don't really need a WR, but he ran a 4.39 forty, and is being compared to Wes Welker. I read an article saying he ran a 4.25 in 2009.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/02/26/2737933/fresno-states-devon-wylie-ups.html

Also have you seen Robert Turbin (Utah State RB) that is a big boy, he benched the house while posting a 4.44 forty-yard dash. Turbin could be someone to watch out for. Not sure if he could play FB, sure damn looks like he could though.

FWBrodie
02-27-2012, 05:27 AM
- More on our tweet from Nick Perry earlier today. I’ve been told he’ll tip the scales over 270lbs and run in the low 4.7’s on Monday. Keep close watch on his 10-yard split as it could be exceptionally low (1.52/53 area), which is something teams will look for.

- The scouting report being passed around to teams on Courtney Upshaw of Alabama includes a quote from the Tides head coach. Nick Saban emphatically refers to Upshaw as the “meanest player he’s ever coached” and someone that “would never back down in a fight.”

- Staying on underclassmen from the defensive side of the ball, I’ve been told Whitney Mercilus will measure in just under 6-feet, 4-inches; a positive sign as many thought he was at least an inch shorter. Those familiar with the Illinois pass rusher expect a huge workout from Mercilus.http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/

FWBrodie
02-27-2012, 05:41 AM
Those words from Nick Saban on Courtney Upshaw are pretty incredible. He doesn't beat around the bush and he's coached some insane defenses over the years. Those are big words.

ccg34
02-27-2012, 05:48 AM
I would love to have Courtney Upshaw. He seems like a rare talent with great intangibles. R1: Upshaw R2: Cousins R3: Polk or James

furmat60
02-27-2012, 11:08 AM
^ That is the route I would go.

Thebudler
02-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Upshaw and Melvin Ingram look like OLB in a 3-4. I know Upshaw played some DE in nickle situations, but the majority of his time was at OLB. I really like Nick Perry. Before the combine, Perry was listed around 250lbs, the fact he weighed in at 270 only looks better. I thought he would be a perfect Leo position. He plays with great leverage, has a great motor and never gives up on plays.

House
02-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Perry showed up at a STRONG 271 lbs. He also had a 38.5" vertical. He just ran a 4.5 as well!

NateyB24
02-27-2012, 01:21 PM
RGIII is funny, I like the guy.

Im also a fan of Doug Martin. Would make a good 3rd down back. He can catch the ball and will get those hard extra yards. Would be great along with Lynch.

Devon Wylie (WR, Fresno State) also surprised me a lot. Don't really need a WR, but he ran a 4.39 forty, and is being compared to Wes Welker. I read an article saying he ran a 4.25 in 2009.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/02/26/2737933/fresno-states-devon-wylie-ups.html

Also have you seen Robert Turbin (Utah State RB) that is a big boy, he benched the house while posting a 4.44 forty-yard dash. Turbin could be someone to watch out for. Not sure if he could play FB, sure damn looks like he could though.

Would love to take Doug Martin in the 2nd round and if we can't get a long term deal done with Lynch we put the franchise tag on him for a couple of years then make Doug Martin our franchise RB if we lose Lynch.

Thebudler
02-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Perry showed up at a STRONG 271 lbs. He also had a 38.5" vertical. He just ran a 4.5 as well!

Those are amazing numbers! I hope he is wearing a Hawks uniform next year!

Thebudler
02-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Dontari Poe DT, Memphis 6'4" 347LBS, benched 225lb 44 times and ran an unofficial 4.87 40 yard dash. Pretty impressive numbers. That is a big man moving fast! Maybe a replacement for Big Red if he leaves?

seahawks509
02-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Would love to take Doug Martin in the 2nd round and if we can't get a long term deal done with Lynch we put the franchise tag on him for a couple of years then make Doug Martin our franchise RB if we lose Lynch.

Not sure about Martin being a franchise RB.

FWBrodie
02-27-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm sure. Martin's good at everything, has a solid frame, and can play three downs. No reason he couldn't be a #1 back.

House
02-27-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm sure. Martin's good at everything, has a solid frame, and can play three downs. No reason he couldn't be a #1 back.

I like Martin... He definitely could fill the role. If we were to only Franchise Lynch, he could play himself into our future lead

Blazers#1Fan
02-27-2012, 07:57 PM
I would love to have Courtney Upshaw. He seems like a rare talent with great intangibles. R1: Upshaw R2: Cousins R3: Polk or James

R1:Upshaw(praying he falls)
R2:Polk or James(i dont think either get past round 2)
R3:Kellen Moore(this kid will be good and i hate Boise)

i think cousins wont be as good as moore simply because it was a combine that made him move up moore did good at the combine also and showed the long ball and accuracy and he resembles Elway with drew bree's size with bradys skill

House
02-27-2012, 08:09 PM

i think cousins wont be as good as moore simply because it was a combine that made him move up moore did good at the combine also and showed the long ball and accuracy and he resembles Elway with drew bree's size with bradys skill

The problem I see with Moore is his anticipation is greatest asset. They repeatedly mentioned how "weak" of an arm he has and that his anticipation is what has made him so good. CBs, Ss and LBs are SOOOO much better in the NFL than they are in college. Their Anticipation is heightened as well and IMO that doesn't bode well for Moore.

FWBrodie
02-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Cousins sits down at any table and assumes the role of alpha male. It's impressive. Look at his interviews compared to those of other QB's. I know for a fact that Pete and John look for that kind of quarterback.

House
02-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Cousins sits down at any table and assumes the role of alpha male. It's impressive. Look at his interviews compared to those of other QB's. I know for a fact that Pete and John look for that kind of quarterback.

I like it... Todd McShay said that he thinks Cousins has elevated himself from a 3rd rd pick to a 2nd. Hopefully he's our 2nd!!!

seahawks509
02-28-2012, 04:42 PM

First I can't belive you hate Boise, secong Moore won't go in the 3rd round.

seahawks509
02-28-2012, 04:43 PM
The problem I see with Moore is his anticipation is greatest asset. They repeatedly mentioned how "weak" of an arm he has and that his anticipation is what has made him so good. CBs, Ss and LBs are SOOOO much better in the NFL than they are in college. Their Anticipation is heightened as well and IMO that doesn't bode well for Moore.

He would make a perfect west coast QB.

House
02-28-2012, 05:11 PM

So would Cousins. Cousins has A LOT more upside as well. I don't want to seem like a Kellen Moore hater (he's put a good resume together), but Moore isn't going to get any better

Hawks4ever
02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't say he won't get any better, he is just as much a ? as every other QB comming out. I just think that Cousins has more upside and will be better. If we missed out on Cousins I wouldn't mind giving a 6th round pick for Moore. I think he will be gone in the 5th though, and we don't have a 5th.

ccg34
02-28-2012, 10:19 PM
I would take Osweiler, Cousins, and Wilson over Moore. Moore is too short, slow, and unathletic. He doesn't fit the mold as a Pete Carroll qb.

FWBrodie
02-28-2012, 11:00 PM
No he'll make a perfect never touch the field in any capacity NFL burnout. Maybe even never drafted. See Graham Harrell.

Caribou Lou
02-28-2012, 11:23 PM
He's way better than Graham Harrell. But you're right I doubt he gets the chance to touch the field in the league.

FWBrodie
02-29-2012, 12:00 AM
I don't know man. Harrell put up some gaudy numbers.

Caribou Lou
02-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Only because he threw 50 times a game courtesy of Mr. Leach. Speaking of Leach, my brother finally nutted up and decided to try and walk on.

FWBrodie
02-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Sweet. Good luck.

seahawks509
02-29-2012, 05:53 PM
No he'll make a perfect never touch the field in any capacity NFL burnout. Maybe even never drafted. See Graham Harrell.

I view Harrel and Moore completely different

ElFuturoDeESPN
03-05-2012, 03:36 AM
Harrell is a product of system. Moore is a product of conference/opponent.

seahawks509
03-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Moore is a badass, nough said

furmat60
03-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Dontari Poe. This guy is going to be a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0OshC8RTpQ

FWBrodie
03-08-2012, 07:46 PM
I don't know. He wasn't productive at all in college and he was playing some extremely weak competition. I'm not a fan.

furmat60
03-08-2012, 08:59 PM
I don't know. He wasn't productive at all in college and he was playing some extremely weak competition. I'm not a fan.

He was a little lazy in college, but that can be fixed with some coaching. He has the size, speed, and strength that Carroll likes.

FWBrodie
03-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I don't see how he's an upgrade over Mebane or Branch.

Caribou Lou
03-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Agreed. Just because he's a combine all-star doesn't mean he can translate that to the field.