PDA

View Full Version : Should Chuck be let go?

Ironman5219
02-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Did anyone else notice in the dunk contest that Chuck was slaming on former President George Bush? At first I thought, Chuck is just being Chuck, but then I remember that Hank Williams Jr was pulled from ESPN for Slaming President Obama. I'm not trying to start a political conversation, but I want to know what other sports fans think, my personal belief is that politics and sports should never mix, but if Hank gets pulled, should Chuck also?

gwrighter
02-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Bush is an idiot its acceptable to rip him apart on the air.

Gators123
02-26-2012, 11:38 AM
He should have been fired a long time ago.

Corey
02-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Chuck is the only saving grace of all-star weekend so far.

Let go for making a harmless joke? No.

Everyone's too sensitive.

Hank Williams Jr went off on a tirade on the current President. Chuck made a harmless joke about a guy that isn't the President any longer. The same President that has been the punchline of many different jokes, on all different networks. It's a joke.

Also, ESPN =/= TNT, the two aren't even comparable.

jp611
02-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Absolutely not

theheatles
02-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Chuck is the only saving grace of all-star weekend so far.

Hank Williams Jr went off on a tirade on the current President. Chuck made a harmless joke about a guy that isn't the President any longer. The same President that has been the punchline of many different jokes, on all different networks. It's a joke.

Also, ESPN =/= TNT, the two aren't even comparable.

TNT knows drama!

TMcC801
02-26-2012, 11:43 AM
chuck is the only saving grace of all-star weekend so far.

Hank williams jr went off on a tirade on the current president. Chuck made a harmless joke about a guy that isn't the president any longer. The same president that has been the punchline of many different jokes, on all different networks. It's a joke.

Also, espn =/= tnt, the two aren't even comparable.

this

LakersSaintsLSU
02-26-2012, 11:52 AM
bush is an @55 whats ur point smh at this stupid pointless thread

Grifftiggs
02-26-2012, 11:56 AM
No

king4day
02-26-2012, 12:04 PM
I added a poll. I'm assuming this will be extremely lopsided.
I put no.

justinnum1
02-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Bush is an idiot its acceptable to rip him apart on the air.

This.

BULLSFAN0810
02-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Anyone who says chuck should be fired is either a ashore (new word) or a racist themselves.who gets mad at what Chuck says? Everyone knows this dude is a good person.he is just honest.I watch the all star weekend , and alot of games just to hear chuck.some of his comment are dumb but they all are funny, and said imo out of truth or to make light...and anyone who takes up for Bush.......smh..you must be well off, or on a suburb with choice friends.

pd1dish
02-26-2012, 12:11 PM
if it were the current president, people may flip out. hwoever, i dont thinks its a big deal to rip on previous presidents. all that is in the past and there is nothing we can do about it. although, one thing we can do is get this moron we currently have as our president out of office.....

Obama shouldnt even be running in the first place...he said he wouldnt run if he didnt fix the economy within his first term as president. 2 things that he was full of **** on in one statement

Mikeleafs
02-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Chuck >>>>>> Everyone else in broadcasting!! :)

Corey
02-26-2012, 12:15 PM
To clarify, since the OP didn't: One of the other announcers was reminding fans that they can text in to vote for the winner of the dunk contest, and Barkley made an off-hand quip that essentially said (I'm paraphrasing): "These are the same people that voted for Bush twice, and you're going to give them the keys to the car?!"

It was a joke, people. C'mon.

justinnum1
02-26-2012, 12:15 PM
if it were the current president, people may flip out. hwoever, i dont thinks its a big deal to rip on previous presidents. all that is in the past and there is nothing we can do about it. although, one thing we can do is get this moron we currently have as our president out of office.....

Obama shouldnt even be running in the first place...he said he wouldnt run if he didnt fix the economy within his first term as president. 2 things that he was full of **** on in one statement

You obviously have no clue how bad bush ****ed this country.

Gators123
02-26-2012, 12:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCN5-ovvFL0

justinnum1
02-26-2012, 12:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCN5-ovvFL0

He will get another 4 years, if nothing else because how pathetic the republican candidates are. No one knew the carry over affect from bush's **** ups.

pd1dish
02-26-2012, 12:39 PM

i didnt say anything about Bush, but if you really want to get into it...........

1. Obama said hed fix the economy or not run for a second term...he failed

and lets not forget that Obama has increased the debt of this country at a slightly higher rate than Bush did. spending trillions of dollars doesnt get your country out of a $10 trillion debt you are already in.

2. he promised that his stimulus would keep unemployment under 8%...failed

3. he wants to open the borders and give social security to people that dont deserve it. he wants to take all the illegal POS immigrants, and legalize them...that in it of itself is a failure. and, imo, he just wants to do it to get more Democratic votes

4. universal health care plan....worst thing in the world. if you cant afford health care or dont have a job that gives you health care, im sorry, youre SOL. there needs to be different plans that cost different amounts, and current health state, age, etc all need to be factors in a health care plan. Obama doesnt think so.

for anything you can say about Bush, i can come back at you with something about Obama. Bush wasnt a great president, and frankly, i couldnt give 2 ***** what people say about Bush, but Obama has done a horrible job and many people dont like to admit that they just voted for the president because they thought he was the "cool", african american candidate and this country needed "change". they failed to look at the experience of Obama (or inexperience i should say).

Jint.
02-26-2012, 12:41 PM
NO..! thats just turrible

CB29
02-26-2012, 12:41 PM
3 people need to get a sense of humor. seriously. Chuck was hilarious. Made it bearable to watch.

JeffG20
02-26-2012, 12:42 PM
1 major difference the op is overlooking between chuck and hank williams. Hank called barak a nazi. Unless chuck said the same thing its completely different. And i dont care for obama

king4day
02-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Closing this thread as it's becoming political. There's a forum for that. The poll answers the OP's question