PDA

View Full Version : Allan Houston Comeback?

latinofire21
02-26-2012, 04:47 AM
Just for the record this may have been the worst all star weekend I have ever witnessed. With that being said the one interesting point I would like to make is that Alan Houston looked sick in the event he did.

For all the guys that played while he was in the league Dennis Scott looked like he came out of a 18 wheeler flatbed and was just participating real quick before his next delivery lol. Steve Smith looks like he grew a second him and Kenny Smith well Kenny Smith just looks like he spends too much time in the bakery.

Alan Houston looked like he looked in the 90s. His shot is still money and he looked real impressive out there.

In 09 Walsh tried to put him on the squad but he said his knees couldnt take it. That was a completely different team and with the new found depth on the Knicks would you give him a chance to be Novak 2.0?

For arguements sake would your favorite team pick him up for 10 minutes of deadly shooting a night? I dont see why he cant get any burn. LOL he outshot Nelson, Fields, and Stackhouse who are current players.

What do you think?

kingsdelez24
02-26-2012, 05:05 AM
1) Knicks forum

2) Allan Houston? We're here sitting at all star weekend and you wanna talk about Allan Houston? We're gonna talk about Allan Houston? We're gonna talk about Allan Houston during Nba all star weekend? You sitting here talking about Allan Houston? Not Kobe Bryant at all star weekend, but Allan Houston?

Rosh
02-26-2012, 05:54 AM
Practice?

Netslunatic76
02-26-2012, 06:00 AM
I was surprised that he stayed in such good shape. How long will those knees hold up trying to chance the younger guys around the court though? His shot will probably always be there. I have no doubt Reggie Miller could still light it up as well. He might of even won the 3 pt contest if he competed.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-26-2012, 06:15 AM
They retired the first time for a reason.

Mishmin
02-26-2012, 06:23 AM
I agree, he looked like he hadn't age a day. Of course it's not easy to get back in NBA shape. But I bet if he gave it a shot, he could pick up a contract.

Bruno
02-26-2012, 06:34 AM
he'll be 41 on 420. he hasn't played since 2004-2005, Shaqs first year in Miami.

Mishmin
02-26-2012, 06:44 AM
Give him to the Bobcats.

Evolution23
02-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Well Physically he looked great out there. I was saying he looked like he hasn't aged a day since he was in his prime but with bad knees he won't be able to get any lift on his silky smooth jumpshot. Man I miss that beautiful jumpshot.

Mr Grim
02-26-2012, 09:25 AM
2) Allan Houston? We're here sitting at all star weekend and you wanna talk about Allan Houston? We're gonna talk about Allan Houston? We're gonna talk about Allan Houston during Nba all star weekend? You sitting here talking about Allan Houston? Not Kobe Bryant at all star weekend, but Allan Houston?

You're attempt at humor is not only lacking, but exceptionally corny as well.

And no, it doesnt belong in the knicks forum einstein and I'll tell you why. The question was " would your team pick up Allan Houston". Thats got nothing to do with Knicks at all.

Go back to mocking people poorly.

Hellcrooner
02-26-2012, 09:32 AM
he already attempted comebacks, and didnt work.

Reversed86Curse
02-26-2012, 09:42 AM
He already has a contract, as the Knicks assistant GM. And he couldn't play when he was at the peak of his prime because of his knees, no way he plays at 41

Corey
02-26-2012, 09:42 AM
No thanks.

Doubt his knees could let him, anyways.

There's a big difference between shooting some jumpers on all star weekend and playing competitive basketball.

boolish
02-26-2012, 10:21 AM
what do I think? that you have an Amazing imagination that dreams up extremely weird nutty ideas. that's not a bad thing though.

jp611
02-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Don't get Knicks fans too excited... They'll have another GOAT

Kashmir13579
02-26-2012, 01:37 PM
I'll take him on a ten day contract

latinofire21
02-26-2012, 02:37 PM
1) Knicks forum

1) I asked for the PSD Posters favorite teams interest in his scoring of the bench. Unless everyteam in the league is NY Knicks then your first statement is incorrect.

2) All Star weekened sucked big balls so yes Alan Houston seems like a fun topic to talk about.

latinofire21
02-26-2012, 02:41 PM
He already has a contract, as the Knicks assistant GM. And he couldn't play when he was at the peak of his prime because of his knees, no way he plays at 41

I remember reading an article or a Hahn tweet that said he occasionally practices with the team. Dont know how much practice he really got into. Knee injuries are very hard to come back from but I remember Walsh taking a chance on Jonathon Bender and he was a little productive for us.

latinofire21
02-26-2012, 02:46 PM
I think Reggie and Alan could definitely play spot minutes for a contender if given the opportunity. Not really sure what Alan makes as a GM but if he ever got the itch to try and play again I think he could get an opportunity on a very deep team in need of some outside shooting.

justinnum1
02-26-2012, 02:48 PM
What happens when they need to play D? or are you just considering there offensive contributions?

latinofire21
02-26-2012, 03:02 PM
What happens when they need to play D? or are you just considering there offensive contributions?

There are definitely players in this league that are only good for one thing - offense. Bringing back guys like Rasheed Wallace every year isnt for defensive purposes. Atlanta didnt bring back Jerry Stackhouse in the hopes he would be a lockdown defender come playoff time.

I really dont understand your arguement. By your arguement you feel every player on every team should be incredible on both ends of the floor. There are guys who are out there for defense and there are guys who are out there for offense.

There are more incomplete players in the NBA then complete ones by an incredible margin. Like I said in my earlier post any contender in need of outside shooting shoudl take a chance on him. He doesnt need 25 minutes a game. He can come in for spot up minutes to spread the floor.

Corey
02-26-2012, 03:15 PM
I think Reggie and Alan could definitely play spot minutes for a contender if given the opportunity. Not really sure what Alan makes as a GM but if he ever got the itch to try and play again I think he could get an opportunity on a very deep team in need of some outside shooting.

Reggie's career didn't come to a crashing halt due to chronic knee injuries. There's a big difference between him suiting up, and Houston trying to suit up.

NetsPaint
02-26-2012, 03:18 PM
The Suns could fix those knee problems.

JEDean89
02-26-2012, 03:25 PM
no

goNYgoNYgo
02-26-2012, 03:36 PM
dumbest. thread. ever.

kenny hit the half court shot twice on his first shot, can he make a come back too?

The Final Boss
02-26-2012, 03:44 PM
1) Knicks forum

Nice.

latinofire21
02-26-2012, 03:52 PM
dumbest. thread. ever.

kenny hit the half court shot twice on his first shot, can he make a come back too?

Kenny doesnt look physically fit to be able to handle the pace of the game anymore. I havent seen Alan since he tried his comeback in 09 and I was expecting a overwieght guy like the rest of the guys who participated but he looked like he was in the same shape he was back in the 90s. Its very hard to keep shape when you get older and thats why I thought this would be an interesting thread.

THere where tweets or a report from Alan Hahn in the beginning of the season that they were short bodies so Houston was practicing with the team. Again it was just interesting because I know coaches sometimes fill in the drills to get even teams but I wasnt expecting Houston to be in such great shape.

justinnum1
02-26-2012, 03:57 PM
dumbest. thread. ever.

lol

NY007
02-26-2012, 04:10 PM
He's tried to come back several times, his knees are shot but he did look great in all areas.

Missing56&33
02-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Allan Houston was the best pure shooter in Knicks history. With that being said, Allan Houston is still the best shooter of all the current NBA players. But unfortunately you have to do other stuff, like run, jump, play defense , run around screens , run around picks, cut to the basket.......stuff like that.

10 mins, at night??? His knees wouldn't hold up one defensive set.

As for Allan Houston looking great......some guys still love the game and take pride in their bodies by staying in shape. Guys like Charles Barkley, Dennis Scott, and Shaq don't care about staying in shape.

Iodine
02-26-2012, 04:18 PM
This same topic was one of the first threads I remember talking about on PSD...... Almost 4 years ago.

Corey
02-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Allan Houston was the best pure shooter in Knicks history. With that being said, Allan Houston is still the best shooter of all the current NBA players. But unfortunately you have to do other stuff, like run, jump, play defense , run around screens , run around picks, cut to the basket.......stuff like that.
Ray Allen says hi.

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Ray Allen says hi.

Ray Allen was a Knick??

latinofire21
02-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Ray Allen was a Knick??

Damn you beat me to it lol

knicks=love
02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Just for the record this may have been the worst all star weekend I have ever witnessed. With that being said the one interesting point I would like to make is that Alan Houston looked sick in the event he did.

For all the guys that played while he was in the league Dennis Scott looked like he came out of a 18 wheeler flatbed and was just participating real quick before his next delivery lol. Steve Smith looks like he grew a second him and Kenny Smith well Kenny Smith just looks like he spends too much time in the bakery.

Alan Houston looked like he looked in the 90s. His shot is still money and he looked real impressive out there.

In 09 Walsh tried to put him on the squad but he said his knees couldnt take it. That was a completely different team and with the new found depth on the Knicks would you give him a chance to be Novak 2.0?

For arguements sake would your favorite team pick him up for 10 minutes of deadly shooting a night? I dont see why he cant get any burn. LOL he outshot Nelson, Fields, and Stackhouse who are current players.

What do you think?

keep in mind, houston wasn't running around. they were set shots and didn't have to run up and down the length of the court for 30+ minutes.

1) Knicks forum

i see what you did there..

Practice?

:eyebrow:

Ray Allen says hi.

come on corey! he said in knicks history! DUH

GiantsSwaGG
02-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Ray Allen says hi.

:facepalm:

Reversed86Curse
02-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Ray Allen was a Knick??

Damn you beat me to it lol

Allan Houston was the best pure shooter in Knicks history. With that being said, Allan Houston is still the best shooter of all the current NBA players.

Reading comprehension says hi

blastmasta26
02-27-2012, 01:14 AM
Reading comprehension says hi
Go back to the post and you'd see that the first sentence (knicks history) contained the bolded section.

meloman1592
02-27-2012, 01:28 AM
1) Knicks forum

Worst joke ever..please retire

ManningToTyree
02-27-2012, 01:44 AM
He couldn't do exactly what you are proposing 5 or 6 years ago. Why could he now?

yankeeswin27
02-27-2012, 01:48 AM
lol the dude makes 3 or 4 shots now hes ready for a comeback? Houston retired beacuse his legs couldnt jkeep up..hes already tried a comeback..not happening

Pistol_Pete
02-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Geez. He missed like 75% of his career with injuries. There's no way he could make a comeback. Not on a team that needs a shooter, not on any team. I really don't think I have to go into detail here.