PDA

View Full Version : P Diddy "Black Power"

Pages : [1] 2 3

PleaseBeNice
02-26-2012, 12:26 AM
I know you all heard and saw this.

Opinions?

I think it just reinforces the double standard in America of whats ok for some people to say and whats not ok for some people to say. Though this is premature, i doubt TNT apologizes for this. Not that they should, but if someone were to say "white power" there would be a huge uproar and you know it.

edit: idgaf what anyone says. freedom of speech and no censorship. just asking for thoughts

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 12:30 AM
America's made it's bed now it must lie in it...:p

But seriously it was a part of their act...Not a big deal

JWO35
02-26-2012, 12:33 AM
I thought it played into the whole Chase Budinger White men can't jump dunk?

DoMeFavors
02-26-2012, 12:33 AM
I find it weird how white people if they say a little something its racist and stuff like this flys by.

carnage101
02-26-2012, 12:36 AM
this thread is a bad idea

PleaseBeNice
02-26-2012, 12:38 AM
this thread is a bad idea

Only a bad idea to people who get butt hurt and cant hold a civilized conversation. But we are on PSD , you have a point.

raiderfaninTX
02-26-2012, 12:39 AM

this

trust me diddy knows to be politically correct when in public

raiderfaninTX
02-26-2012, 12:40 AM
how funny would it have been after chase dunked if he grabbed the mike from kenny and yelled white power into the mic though because he was all pumped.

how awkward have that been on national tv

northsider
02-26-2012, 12:41 AM
Pretty sure it had little to do with the dunk as much as it did I believe he was promoting his TV network. I thought it was tasteless and just shows how *** backwards things are. It sets bad examples IMO and is laying ground work that we should once again not be united as people but, by the race or skin color.

Pathetic Diddy but, I didn't really expect much from him.

Netslunatic76
02-26-2012, 12:41 AM
I find it weird how white people if they say a little something its racist and stuff like this flys by.

I think is has more to do with the history of racism in America than just saying "white power" or something similar.

PleaseBeNice
02-26-2012, 12:42 AM

I just dont understand how proclaiming black power ties into a dunk contest. Sure the white men cant jump movie does because thats a basketball movie.

I just really think if someone was saying something reverse of diddy (white guy with black dunker) blah blah blah it would be an issue. i for one could care less about what diddy said. im all for freedom of speech and no censorship. also i could care less if a white guy said white power. i just think if it was the latter of the 2, it would be a huge issue.

James Dolan
02-26-2012, 12:43 AM
you're not very intelligent.

no disrespect.

*Silver&Black*
02-26-2012, 12:44 AM
What Diddy said is just another reason why racism won't go away. How many Americans are 100% 1 race these days anyways?

Can I get a "Human Power"?

PleaseBeNice
02-26-2012, 12:44 AM
you're not very intelligent.

no disrespect.

Elaborate sir.

thechom80
02-26-2012, 12:45 AM
It was all a build up to Chase's dunk, but unfortunately most of america won't and see it as such. In that sense, it was probably a bad choice of words for him. He's just trying to become relevant again. LoL

Netslunatic76
02-26-2012, 12:46 AM
What Diddy said is just another reason why racism won't go away. How many Americans are 100% 1 race these days anyways?

As long as people still go by the one drops rule it doesn't matter unfortunately.

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 12:46 AM
is this a clan meeting o i so sorry boss get over it honkies

CityofTreez
02-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Diddy seemed hammered, I didn't really take him that seriously.

Netslunatic76
02-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Diddy seemed hammered, I didn't really take him that seriously.

That pass was pretty amazing though. Lol.

AndyfromNeptune
02-26-2012, 12:48 AM

It was promotion for his tv network. Which is marketed for African Americans

I don't have a problem with he expressing himself I'm just not sure everybody else would be as open minded

thechom80

Hilarious!

jimbobjarree
I bet Stokely Carmichael wouldn't have said it if he knew losers like Diddy would start using it

northsider
02-26-2012, 12:49 AM
Yeah not sure how people are getting this confused. He was completely serious about it cause he was promoting his new TV channel which I am sure is directed towards African Americans.

PleaseBeNice
02-26-2012, 12:50 AM

>Implying we're white.

*Silver&Black*
02-26-2012, 12:50 AM

I don't have a problem with he expressing himself I'm just not sure everybody else would be as open minded

That is far from "open minded" to me. I feel I am open minded by having a hard time thinking most Americans could be 100% 1 race these days (so why say that when he is prob a mix of things?). Meanwhile people still divide each other and they are open minded?

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 12:53 AM
then y u mad im white

netsgiantsyanks
02-26-2012, 12:55 AM
you type like a ignorant fool.

oh, and in before close.

topdog
02-26-2012, 12:57 AM
It bugged me. Didn't do anything for the lead up. Not a fan of these "theatrics" anyway. Is this a 5th grade play or a dunk contest?

PleaseBeNice
02-26-2012, 12:58 AM
then y u mad im white

A few reasons sir.

1) Your grammar pisses me off. inb4: "It's the internet who cares"
2) You're saying that because you're white, I, as well as whites shouldn't be mad. (Who says whites are mad?) (also implying I'm white)
3) The double standard in America.

netsgiantsyanks
02-26-2012, 12:59 AM
p. diddy is a ****** anyway. he doesn't care about black power, he cares about money.

SportsAndrew25
02-26-2012, 12:59 AM
deleted my post.

James Dolan
02-26-2012, 01:00 AM
I just dont understand how proclaiming black power ties into a dunk contest.

Not many black people in America own their own networks.
I'm sure being one of the few to do so is a massive accomplishment.
no? You clearly weren't listening when he started talking about what
new endeavors he was getting into.

Black Power isn't about racism. It's about solidarity towards
your fellow black person. The slogan was created during a time
when African Americans were disenfranchised in this country.
Things have gotten better in this country
but there's still an uphill climb for minorities because of the
residual effects of slavery, segregation and racism in America.

All Diddy was doing was paying homage to that slogan because
he most likely feels an immense pride and connection to his ancestors
that were unable to achieve what he has.

PleaseBeNice
And please everyone, just focus on the thread, not bickering with each other (i've done it, i'm not a saint)

*Silver&Black*
yeah Diddy was just there to promote anyways. What better way to promote than to hype up your audience?

PleaseBeNice
Not many black people in America own their own networks.
I'm sure being one of the few to do so is a massive accomplishment.
no? You clearly weren't listening when he started talking about what
new endeavors he was getting into.

Black Power isn't about racism. It's about solidarity towards
your fellow black person. The slogan was created during a time
when African Americans were disenfranchised in this country.
Things have gotten better in this country
but there's still an uphill climb for minorities because of the
residual effects of slavery, segregation and racism in America.

All Diddy was doing was paying homage to that slogan because
he most likely feels an immense pride and connection to his ancestors
that were unable to achieve what he has.

Lmao okay.

James Dolan
02-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Funny that you can be destroyed like Hiroshima and the Twin Towers if you say Nappy Headed Hos, but can easily get away with saying Black Power. :facepalm:

that would be an apt comparison if Black Power was about
hating whites. or if nappy headed hoes was about empowering
blacks.

but this is reality and we're left with another unintelligent post.

LGhost
02-26-2012, 01:02 AM

it was, people are just sensitive

James Dolan
02-26-2012, 01:02 AM
*taps out*

Thanks.

SportsAndrew25
02-26-2012, 01:05 AM
I am so ****ing tired of race being an issue in this country. How dumb it was of me to think the election of Obama was going to end this.

PleaseBeNice
02-26-2012, 01:06 AM
I am so ****ing tired of race being an issue in this country. How dumb it was of me to think the election of Obama was going to end this.

If anything, it amped it up IMO. Its so stupid, we're all human. Same organs, same everything.

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:07 AM
lol im black an this sour diesel got me typing like this if ur not white then ur just a sad person becuz i dont c y u wood be affended

Netslunatic76
02-26-2012, 01:07 AM
If anything, it amped it up IMO. Its so stupid, we're all human. Same organs, same everything.

Be careful. Someone might call you a hippy. Lol.

LGhost
02-26-2012, 01:08 AM
So black people do get sun burns then huh?

Netslunatic76
02-26-2012, 01:08 AM
lol im black an this sour diesel got me typing like this if ur not white then ur just a sad person becuz i dont c y u wood be affended

:facepalm: Quit before you fall further behind

PleaseBeNice
02-26-2012, 01:09 AM

Never said I was offended. Maybe if you would read or put down the sour d you would see that i never said i was offended.

James Dolan

You're right. "Black Power" had never been used publicly until Barack
Obama was elected. :facepalm:

Master Mind
America made it this way

CrazyCrackar
02-26-2012, 01:10 AM
White/black/brown/yellow doesn't matter people have always been too sensitive, everyone needs to lighten up and enjoy life.

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:10 AM
seriously i wanna laugh somebody please explain how if ur not white this offended you

netsgiantsyanks
02-26-2012, 01:11 AM
that would be an apt comparison if Black Power was about
hating whites. or if nappy headed hoes was about empowering
blacks.

but this is reality and we're left with another unintelligent post.

and i guess you're mr. intelligent.

PleaseBeNice
02-26-2012, 01:12 AM
White/black doesn't matter people have always been too sensitive, everyone needs to lighten up and enjoy life.

Yup.

*Silver&Black*
02-26-2012, 01:12 AM

+1

People still live with fear/killing/etc because of man made religions these days. Racism doesn't surprise me.

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:13 AM
then wats the point of arguing it was obviously a joke i mean i didnt see al sharpton an minister farrakahn with a public enemy shirt on get a sense of humor or just stop watching tv

PleaseBeNice
02-26-2012, 01:15 AM
seriously i wanna laugh somebody please explain how if ur not white this offended you

Dude quit implying that if someone is white they would be offended.

James Dolan
02-26-2012, 01:17 AM
and i guess you're mr. intelligent.

yes.

Sactown
02-26-2012, 01:18 AM
Somewhere Michael Phelps is thinking "Well, black man can't swim"

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Then dont make dum *** threads up u obviously dont know anything about black power come to brooklyn we could put u on

Sactown
02-26-2012, 01:25 AM
Then dont make dum *** threads up u obviously dont know anything about black power come to brooklyn we could put u on

You sir are absolutely ********.

from my angle :facepalm:

3rd person view :punish:

But in all seriousness, the joke P-Diddy makes is inappropriate because of people like you.. It was mean't to be a joke and you took it seriously and that's why it's not okay.. thanks.. you sir are part of the problem, not the solution :pity:

homestarunner93

When do we get a TV network for white people?

Of course this is racist, but welcome to America. You can make fun of white people, you can make fun of Asians, but God forbid you say a single thing about black people, lest you be eternally labeled as a racist and the scum of society.

Master Mind
Dude quit implying that if someone is white they would be offended.

Seems like you were offended

PurpleJesus
02-26-2012, 01:27 AM
When I watched it, it rubbed me as a little weird, but I didnt think much else of it afterwards, until this thread.

I think the difference between a white person saying "white power," and a black person saying "black power," is that when a white person says white power, they are intending it to be derogatory. They are saying, our race is superior. When a black person says black power, i take it as more of a way to just say "let your voice be heard black people." Black people are still a minority in the US, and minorities voices and communities are usually muted out by the largely white population.

so, in short

Saying "black power" to me, just means that the person saying it, is asking his community to step up, and be heard.

A white person saying "white power," is meant to be derogatory, and that person saying it believes his race is superior.

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:27 AM
maybe because white people or asians were not slaves i think we earned the right to scream out BLACK POWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 01:28 AM

Of course this is racist, but welcome to America. You can make fun of white people, you can make fun of Asians, but God forbid you say a single thing about black people, lest you be eternally labeled as a racist and the scum of society.

FOX? CMT? and every other channel not named BET and Telemundo...:shrug:

Bravo95
02-26-2012, 01:29 AM
when do we get a tv network for white people?
CBS and Fox News.

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:30 AM
^ lol

Sactown
02-26-2012, 01:31 AM
maybe because white people or asians were not slaves i think we earned the right to scream out BLACK POWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the **** did you do?! besides say stupid **** on PSD..!?
Yet again

My view :facepalm:
3rd person :punish:

Netslunatic76

Lamest argument ever. It's unnecessary. How many channels are there with programming that is specifically targeting a white demographic?

Get over yourself.

Bravo95
How dumb it was of me to think the election of Obama was going to end this.
:laugh2:

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:34 AM
Black power !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol u mad

nyballa1991
02-26-2012, 01:36 AM
im not white and could see how people could get offended by this..it didnt offend me, but it is rather annoying that many blacks cry racism over minor things and it make national headlines, but then the "chink in the armor" with lin barely gets any publicity.. if that was a black man instead of an asian..you'd see sharpton and everyone calling for heads. its a huge double standard

CountSackula
02-26-2012, 01:38 AM
Haha Diddy looked so awkward when he threw up that fist. He looked like he didn't wanna do it.

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:39 AM
K I guess i see ur point sorry honkies

Sactown
02-26-2012, 01:42 AM

You're uneducated garbage

*Silver&Black*
02-26-2012, 01:43 AM

Read up on what America did to Asian-Americans during WWII. And you bring the slave issue up but don't see that Africans owned those slaves that they sold to Europeans who then sold to South Americans and North Americans at that time. Please don't use racism of the past as an excuse for racism of today. Each individual person is different. No one today lived then.

Racism is Racism. No one earned the right to shout racist things.

*Silver&Black*
02-26-2012, 01:43 AM

haha, W.E.T!

thechom80
02-26-2012, 01:44 AM
Cracka *** cracka!!

PurpleJesus

I think this post basically sums up what the OP wanted to discuss. He was wondering if a black person saying black power is as offensive as a white person saying white power is.

I dont think it is, cause I think a white person saying white power is meant to be derogatory, but it is not meant as derogatory when a black person says black power.

You though, are trying to be derogatory with your honkie comment, much like it would be derogatory if I called you the N word.

CubbieSteve
Diddy's an idiot, who cares

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:47 AM
let me get this straight your comparing slavery to what happend to those chincs and if you really wanna bring anything what about native americans buddy u should read up

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:48 AM
o yea an im the biggest racist my wifes white real talk lol

*Silver&Black*
02-26-2012, 01:48 AM
let me get this straight your comparing slavery to what happend to those chincs and if you really wanna bring anything what about native americans buddy u should read up

You are one racist person.

SACNYY
02-26-2012, 01:49 AM
The double standard is true. And it's very annoying. I also hate "P Diddy". If someone said White Pride, damn the storm would be on for sure.

James Dolan
I think the difference between a white person saying "white power," and a black person saying "black power," is that when a white person says white power, they are intending it to be derogatory. They are saying, our race is superior. When a black person says black power, i take it as more of a way to just say "let your voice be heard black people." Black people are still a minority in the US, and minorities voices and communities are usually muted out by the largely white population.

so, in short

Saying "black power" to me, just means that the person saying it, is asking his community to step up, and be heard.

A white person saying "white power," is meant to be derogatory, and that person saying it believes his race is superior.

yes

Sactown
Read up on what America did to Asian-Americans during WWII. And you bring the slave issue up but don't see that Africans owned those slaves that they sold to Europeans who then sold to South Americans and North Americans.

Racism is Racism. No one earned the right to shout racist things.
This, Since when was being treated equal not enough!? Nothing is handed to you regardless of the past of people who share the same race as you. No one has earned the right to shout racist remarks or play the race card in either direction.

PurpleJesus
02-26-2012, 01:50 AM

do you call her honkie, would you call your wife a chink if she were Asian? (both words you have already used). Does she call you the N word?

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:52 AM
lol i call her a honky an she calls me a ***** !!!!!!!!!!!!!

thechom80
02-26-2012, 01:52 AM
This is what I meant by most of america won't see/hear it the right way. Pretty sure he wasn't trying to divide anything when he did that. Unfortunately, the general public sees it that way and we are seeing it here in PSD.

PUPPY POWER!!!! (Remember that ****??)

Sactown
02-26-2012, 01:53 AM
I think this post basically sums up what the OP wanted to discuss. He was wondering if a black person saying black power is as offensive as a white person saying white power is.

I dont think it is, cause I think a white person saying white power is meant to be derogatory, but it is not meant as derogatory when a black person says black power.

You though, are trying to be derogatory with your honkie comment, much like it would be derogatory if I called you the N word.

The problem isn't P-Diddy, it's the morons like Knicks-Flatbust who read to much into it and start a crazed racist epidemic lol.. shouting things like "We deserve to judge because we were once judged"

thechom80
02-26-2012, 01:54 AM

Yes, this makes you complety "not racist". Nothing i've read backs up this statement.

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:54 AM
yea now dat i heard diddy say that im going on a white person killing spree lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thechom80
02-26-2012, 01:55 AM
lol i call her a honky an she calls me a ***** !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then she's just as ignorant as you.

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:57 AM
probaly but its funny

nstojic
02-26-2012, 01:59 AM
The double standard is true. And it's very annoying. I also hate "P Diddy". If someone said White Pride, damn the storm would be on for sure.

COMBO WINS! :hi5:

PurpleJesus
02-26-2012, 02:02 AM
yea now dat i heard diddy say that im going on a white person killing spree lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you really not see the double standard you are putting here?

Bullsfan22
02-26-2012, 02:02 AM
The Internet is so sensitive. Who gives a crap what he says? If this was a random guy on the street you'd look at him like he's an Idiot and move on. why do people hang on to every word a celebrity says? We give them way too much power as it. I'm sitting hear posting about a guy that probably gives out more money at clubs in one month than I make in a year.

I sense a common theme here...One race says get over it..The other race says we will never forget it. Racism will never end but it will get worse if everybody is so sensitive to the topic.

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 02:04 AM
Look what you started OP :pity:

:p

Hellcrooner
02-26-2012, 02:06 AM

fox?

ANd yes theres a double standart in usa ( and in the world).

But does nto only affect black vs white.

I dare Puff Sissy to make some detrimental comment on Tv about Jews.....lets see how long since he is broken and no one wants to release his records.

its completely pathetic, EVERYBODY SHOULD BE EQUAL and Treated equal, and equally subjected to jokes.

Bullsfan22
02-26-2012, 02:08 AM
fox?

PurpleJesus
02-26-2012, 02:10 AM
The Internet is so sensitive. Who gives a crap what he says? If this was a random guy on the street you'd look at him like he's an Idiot and move on. why do people hang on to every word a celebrity says? We give them way too much power as it. I'm sitting hear posting about a guy that probably gives out more money at clubs in one month than I make in a year.

I sense a common theme here...One race says get over it..The other race says we will never forget it. Racism will never end but it will get worse if everybody is so sensitive to the topic.

Because celebrities and their opinions hold power. For example, Diddy will be starting a new TV network, where his opinions will be voiced to the masses.

Im not sensitive to the comment Diddy made, I am just saying why celebrities opinions mean more than a random guy on the street.

metfan22
02-26-2012, 02:18 AM
I know you all heard and saw this.

Opinions?

I think it just reinforces the double standard in America of whats ok for some people to say and whats not ok for some people to say. Though this is premature, i doubt TNT apologizes for this. Not that they should, but if someone were to say "white power" there would be a huge uproar and you know it.

edit: idgaf what anyone says. freedom of speech and no censorship. just asking for thoughts

It sounds like your question is coming from a good place. I kinda felt a little uncomfortable myself as a black man when I saw it. He was saying it to promote his new network which is obviously going to be black owned. We dont have alot of those. Still a bad thing to say though. However, the reason why someone saying "white power" would envoke a uproar is self explanitory. People were oppressed and even died with that being screamed at them. I know this sounds horrible but I really cannot empathise with a white person playing the victim card. We can always switch roles if it suchs so much. Any takers?

Bruno
02-26-2012, 02:19 AM
p. diddy is a ****** anyway. he doesn't care about black power, he cares about money.

yep.

Bullsfan22
02-26-2012, 02:20 AM
Because celebrities and their opinions hold power. For example, Diddy will be starting a new TV network, where his opinions will be voiced to the masses.

And Normal people have brains also. If my Internet provider told me I have to you use PC's I wouldn't throw my hands up and admit defeat. I'd either keep using it because I actually own a PC or leave because I don't like to be restricted.

You can change the Channel, unfollow on twitter or you can look past some inconsistencies and enjoy what they bring to the table.

OC Knights #11
02-26-2012, 02:26 AM
White Power!!!!!!! i'm just an impressionable boy

metfan22
02-26-2012, 02:26 AM

Yes.

metfan22
02-26-2012, 02:28 AM
White Power!!!!!!!

He said it on national TV though. Your typing this in your boxer shorts. :)

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 02:29 AM

Clans men still say it. :shrug:

kozelkid
02-26-2012, 02:30 AM

Or a month for white people?

Morgan Freeman was right on the money when he was interviewed and asked about "black history month."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeixtYS-P3s

Stupid, tasteless comment by P. Diddy.

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 02:31 AM

Morgan Freeman was right on the money when he was interviewed and asked about "black history month."

March :p

BigBongTheory
02-26-2012, 02:32 AM

BigBongTheory
02-26-2012, 02:33 AM
Oh wait, the love of my life Rashida Jones is half black, and jewish. But she loves white men.... :drool:

kozelkid
02-26-2012, 02:34 AM
white power.

Careful, here you get banned for being racist.

metfan22
02-26-2012, 02:35 AM
fox?

ANd yes theres a double standart in usa ( and in the world).

But does nto only affect black vs white.

I dare Puff Sissy to make some detrimental comment on Tv about Jews.....lets see how long since he is broken and no one wants to release his records.

its completely pathetic, EVERYBODY SHOULD BE EQUAL and Treated equal, and equally subjected to jokes.

Your missing the point of the mans comment. It was not meant to be detrimental towards any group just uplifting to a certain group. As for the "everybody should be equal and treated equal" part I must agree with you. If only you could convince the world of that.

LakersSaintsLSU
02-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Black power ! I loved it

*Silver&Black*
02-26-2012, 02:36 AM

THIS 100%

End Racism = STOP TALKING ABOUT RACE! Morgan Freeman is right on. Should be no Black History Month, White History Month, etc. It's all American history, the good and the bad. It's over. It's not history if we need to keep us apart because of it.

PurpleJesus
And Normal people have brains also. If my Internet provider told me I have to you use PC's I wouldn't throw my hands up and admit defeat. I'd either keep using it because I actually own a PC or leave because I don't like to be restricted.

You can change the Channel, unfollow on twitter or you can look past some inconsistencies and enjoy what they bring to the table.

Of course normal people have brains, but they are not the people who have tv networks, giant websites, etc, that are instilling opinions and views into people who do not have brains. Thats why a famous persons opinion holds more power than mine or yours...because their opinion will reach far more people than mine or yours would.

Big Zo
Yeah, It's a double standard, but black people deserve to get away with it after what you racist honkey cracker mother****ers have put them through. :)

metfan22

That should not be the case. I like seeing the bus before it hits me.

BigBongTheory
02-26-2012, 02:37 AM

I was only kidding, but to bring to yours and everyone's attention, i'm to clarify that, I am not racist..

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 02:38 AM
:laugh: @ these comments

BigBongTheory
02-26-2012, 02:39 AM
Yeah, It's a double standard, but black people deserve to get away with it after what you racist honkey cracker mother****ers have put them through. :)

Yeah, like I'm the one that owned slaves back in 1782. Man we should get back on sports. This always get's bad in the end.

*Silver&Black*
02-26-2012, 02:41 AM

Nobody that is alive today had anything to do with Africans making other Africans slaves and selling them to Europeans which in turn sold them to North and South Americans.

abe_froman
02-26-2012, 02:42 AM
hahaha blast from the past.havent heard it in along time.love that he did the fist salute to lol

Fresno
02-26-2012, 02:43 AM
For the love of God, you guys cant be this lazy.

Just google Black Power and all of the stuff the movement was about and the symbolism of the closed fist serves.

Some of you guys are at least 21+ years old and are still mentioning "How come there isn't a White history month? :Laugh2: Really? The whole purpose of Black history month was to help educated people on the inventions, accomplishments, & contributions of African Americans that for decades had/have gone unacknowledged.

Since its implementation, its helped many people learn a little more about history instead of the 1 way its fed consistently to people to avoid explaining more in-depth.

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 02:44 AM
Yeah, like I'm the one that owned slaves back in 1782. Man we should get back on sports. This always get's bad in the end.

It goes well pass 1782 and slavery my friend

Big Zo
02-26-2012, 02:47 AM
Nobody that is alive today had anything to do with Africans making other Africans slaves and selling them to Europeans which in turn sold them to North and South Americans.

Oh really? Last I checked, Janet Reno is still alive. That ***** is like 300 years old. She tried to stick it to hispanics, too, by sending poor little Elian Gonzalez back to Cuba.

metfan22
02-26-2012, 02:48 AM

This fact of history for a percentage of black slaves in no way exonerates the white race for the cruelty they caused slaves once they owned them. I have heard this argument before. Idiotic at best.

BigBongTheory
02-26-2012, 02:48 AM
It goes well past slavery and 1782 my friend

My point of that post was to make clear to you, and everyone, that I don't have slaves in my basement, as well as every other person in America doesn't. Don't hang a cloud over anyone's head that didn't get put there by them.

Fresno
02-26-2012, 02:49 AM
THIS 100%

End Racism = STOP TALKING ABOUT RACE! Morgan Freeman is right on. Should be no Black History Month, White History Month, etc. It's all American history, the good and the bad. It's over. It's not history if we need to keep us apart because of it.

The purposes of it all was to reach a point where we're at now to get people to say such a thing about being united in American history.

The groundwork to get to this point however can't be erased or ignored.

You cant just remove a Black History Month because suddenly in 2012 people feel that we "dont need it". The significance of it lessens every year because the implementation of it has allowed for more people to know a little more about American history than the cut & paste textbooks that are taught in schools.

As far as ending racism goes.

Humans are naturally going to relate to those of similar backgrounds.

To make it such that people cant do such a thing is just as wrong as supporting segregation. People have the right to be proud to be Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, Homosexual, Heterosexual, Republican, Democrat, or whatever.

Fresno
02-26-2012, 02:51 AM

This is one of the worst excuses any person can use in a debate on slavery.

From a historical context you can't exonerate the concept behind industrialized slavery because the victims were "already slaves".

Dont quote me because I'm not arguing with you about slavery.

BigBongTheory
02-26-2012, 02:53 AM
The purposes of it all was to reach a point where we're at now to get people to say such a thing about being united in American history.

The groundwork to get to this point however can't be erased or ignored.

You cant just remove a Black History Month because suddenly in 2012 people feel that we "dont need it". The significance of it lessens every year because the implementation of it has allowed for more people to know a little more about American history than the cut & paste textbooks that are taught in schools.

As far as ending racism goes.

Humans are naturally going to relate to those of similar backgrounds.

To make it such that people cant do such a thing is just as wrong as supporting segregation. People have the right to be proud to be Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, Homosexual, Heterosexual, Republican, Democrat, or whatever.

Tell that to the pledge of allegiance.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 02:54 AM
Green Power!!!! :guns:

GOON MUSIC
02-26-2012, 02:55 AM
We all know what type of person says "White power"

*Silver&Black*
This is one of the worst excuses any person can use in a debate on slavery.

From a historical context you can't exonerate the concept behind industrialized slavery because the victims were "already slaves".

Dont quote me because I'm not arguing with you about slavery.

I'm not, I believe I didn't get out what I was saying. I was going on the other side of the "White people deserve it today". Neither of us was involved, why should one "deserve" something that didn't involve neither person? Funny how this turned around on me, when I was responding to hate.

metfan22
Oh wait, the love of my life Rashida Jones is half black, and jewish. But she loves white men.... :drool:

I hope for your sake she only loves you and not all "white men". Or that could get complicated.

ThunderousDemon
Purple and Gold Power!!!!!

Fresno
02-26-2012, 02:56 AM
My point of that post was to make clear to you, and everyone, that I don't have slaves in my basement, as well as every other person in America doesn't. Don't hang a cloud over anyone's head that didn't get put there by them.

There is no cloud being hung over anyones head regarding slavery.

However, its truthful to acknowledge that the social gaps that exist in American society for the most part began with slavery and the concept of African-American inferiority.

People have gone on overdrive to try to change our culture for the better, but we're at a point now as Americans where freedom of speech and freedom of thought is being persecuted.

BigBongTheory
02-26-2012, 02:56 AM
Green Power!!!! :guns:

Purple power. I need to get back to the Laker forum where I feel at home. :ohno:

kozelkid
02-26-2012, 02:58 AM
I was only kidding, but to bring to yours and everyone's attention, i'm to clarify that, I am not racist..

I was kidding as well. :)

I don't give two ***** to be honest. I always thought people are free to view whatever they want as long as their views aren't disrupting our society (i.e. crimes, etc.).

So where are the reparations Jews get for getting beat down not for 300-500 years, but for 5000 years?

Fresno
02-26-2012, 02:59 AM
We all know what type of person says "White power"
True.

The term "White Power" is almost exclusively associated with the idea of skinheads, White supremacists, KKK, etc who society seems to view as "scum".

Although who is anyone to judge them for their opinions? Someone tell me that.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 02:59 AM
Purple power. I need to get back to the Laker forum where I feel at home. :ohno:

No I was trying to say alien power and aliens are green, but now that I think about it. :puke: ewww green

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:00 AM
True.

Unfotunately, the term "White Power" is almost exclusively associated with the idea of skinheads, White supremacists, KKK, etc who all people seem to view as "scum".

Although who is anyone to judge them for their opinions?

I'll judge their opinions for they are the many scum that inhabit this Planet named Earth

BigBongTheory
02-26-2012, 03:01 AM
There is no cloud being hung over anyones head regarding slavery.

However, its truthful to acknowledge that the social gaps that exist in American society for the most part began with slavery and the concept of African-American inferiority.

People have gone on overdrive to try to change our culture for the better, but we're at a point now as Americans where freedom of speech and freedom of thought is being persecuted.

That statement was focused on one of the previous posters, Responding to what Big Zo said "what you white honkey mother****ers put them through".

Fresno
02-26-2012, 03:01 AM
I was kidding as well. :)

I don't give two ***** to be honest. I always thought people are free to view whatever they want as long as their views aren't disrupting our society (i.e. crimes, etc.).

So where are the reparations Jews get for getting beat down not for 300-500 years, but for 5000 years?

Jews received reperations for the holocaust and the establishment of Israel.

*Silver&Black*
02-26-2012, 03:02 AM
That statement was focused on one of the previous posters, Responding to what Big Zo said "what you white honkey mother****ers put them through".

As was mine.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:03 AM

Too bad Netanyahu is planning to start a war with Iran and in which we'll most likely be dragged into, but that's for another time.

Fresno
02-26-2012, 03:05 AM
:eyebrow:

Im surprised that you were unable to see the sarcasm in his post.

kozelkid
02-26-2012, 03:07 AM

And what about Spanish Inquisition, slavery in Egypt, persecution in middle east (still happening, mind you), not to be admitted in major universities in the US UNTIL the 50s, I can go on forever.

Not that I care (scratch that, I care, but reparations don't do ****). I don't demand reparations and most Jews don't either. Reparations are stupid, especially if you aren't even the individual who experienced that persecution and harm in the first place from people who didn't even do the harm.

*Silver&Black*
02-26-2012, 03:09 AM
Reparations are stupid, especially if you aren't even the individual who experienced that persecution and harm in the first place.

Exactly my point.

BigBongTheory
02-26-2012, 03:10 AM

Im surprised that you were unable to see the sarcasm in his post.

It's his smiley face at the end of his post, didn't pretend I didn't see it, but that doesn't draw the assumption to me that he was being completely sarcastic, I'm reading words not expressions on these posts.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:10 AM
And what about Spanish Inquisition, slavery in Egypt, persecution in middle east (still happening, mind you), not to be admitted in major universities in the US UNTIL the 50s, I can go on forever.

Not that I care. I don't demand reparations and most Jews don't either. Reparations are stupid, especially if you aren't even the individual who experienced that persecution and harm in the first place.

Exactly, I would rather have the money if any reparations are given to be donated to an organization that helps the people of that particular race.

Eagles710
02-26-2012, 03:12 AM
QUESTION! what the hell does black Power Even Mean? .... power over what? Who is holding black people Back? its a Fact that More then 82% Of People On Walfare are Black, if they are looking to MOVE UP , Getting Jobs are the KEY.... So if he means Black Power , like they Need to move up there race out of that 82% rate, then i agree with him, but otherwise he is crazy

P.s i dont mean that whole Walfare thing is a racist Mean thing, it really is a fact

mjokc
02-26-2012, 03:14 AM
You white people blame blacks for using the race card yet white people use the race card more than anyone now days, OP for example

Fresno
02-26-2012, 03:15 AM

Not that I care (scratch that, I care, but reparations don't do ****). I don't demand reparations and most Jews don't either. Reparations are stupid, especially if you aren't even the individual who experienced that persecution and harm in the first place from people who didn't even do the harm.

That fine and all, I was just clarifying that Jews did in fact receive financial reparations for the Holocaust and the establishment of Israel.

Looking back thru your posts I hope you've realized by now that you got dragged into an argument by a troll.

OC Knights #11
Hip Hop and Rap music led by these ****in morons are what young black and white kids are listening to these days and it makes me god dam sick!!!

mjokc
QUESTION! what the hell does black Power Even Mean? .... power over what? Who is holding black people Back? its a Fact that More then 82% Of People On Walfare are Black, if they are looking to MOVE UP , Getting Jobs are the KEY.... So if he means Black Power , like they Need to move up there race out of that 82% rate, then i agree with him, but otherwise he is crazy

P.s i dont mean that whole Walfare thing is a racist Mean thing, it really is a fact

That stat is completely pulled out of your ***, the majority of people on welfare are white. What the hell does welfare even have to do with this topic?

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 03:16 AM

:facepalm:

Eagles710
02-26-2012, 03:17 AM

brilliant! this is what people are talking about, its okay for you to say honkey cracker, but if i was to call you ..... Watermelon Lover, I'm racist lol makes no sense

beasted86
02-26-2012, 03:19 AM
America's made it's bed now it must lie in it...:p

This.

Aside from that I hope people are educated enough to understand the connotation behind "white power".

BigBongTheory
You white people blame blacks for using the race card yet white people use the race card more than anyone now days, OP for example

Boom* Racist

Eagles710
That stat is completely pulled out of your ***, the majority of people on welfare are white. What the hell does welfare even have to do with this topic?

The Whole BLACK POWER THING..... saying black power, he is basically telling his people to RISE ABOVE something? wtf would he say that for?

and no that stat is real

OC Knights #11
02-26-2012, 03:20 AM

I never in my life have owned a slave and you have never in your life been a slave, neither were your parents and most people's grandparents. It's 2012. Get the **** over slavery and stop using it as a tool for pity

kozelkid
That fine and all, I was just clarifying that Jews did in fact receive financial reparations for the Holocaust and the establishment of Israel.

Looking back thru your posts I hope you've realized by now that you got dragged into an argument by a troll.

I know. I was just clarifying that Jews stopped *****ing about reparations (even with the case for more).

And I was aware he was mostly "trolling". Still wanted to play along.

Master Mind
brilliant! this is what people are talking about, its okay for you to say honkey cracker, but if i was to call you ..... Watermelon Lover, I'm racist lol makes no sense

You sir are on timeout...go to the corner :mad:

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:21 AM
This is getting ugly. Chaz Power!!!!

KobeOwnSU
Hip Hop and Rap music led by these ****in morons are what young black and white kids are listening to these days and it makes me god dam sick!!!

It has nothing to do with the hip hop and rap music of today. It has to do with the fact that people my age really do not give a ****...I had no problem with what p diddy said. I would have had no problem with a white person saying white power. Who gives a ****? Its time to move on as a society, get past our history as a country and start living in the 21st centurty.

Eagles710

I never in my life have owned a slave and you have never in your life been a slave, neither were your parents and most people's grandparents. It's 2012. Get the **** over slavery and stop using it as a tool for pity

agreed

Fresno
02-26-2012, 03:22 AM

You have a computer.

Google about the "Black Power" movement of the 70's and its an interesting historical topic to discuss in present-day. The closed fist symbol eventually came to represent revolution of politicial entities, overlords, or even a revolution of social ideologies.

There was no superiority attached to it. But the "brotherhood" of that period of time post-MLK's assasanation and the Civil Rights Movement still holds a place in African American culture. Which is why many African Americans speak of "we", referring to Black people as a whole. Some view a collective view of Black "brotherhood" as a problem while others believe more of such "brotherhood" equals positive results and less conflict.

Also your stat of 82% of Welfare recipients being Black is false.

37% of people on Welfare are Black.
Only 20% of people on Welfare remain on Welfare for over 5 years.

Also please dont confuse the numbers like many people have a problem with doing.
37% of people on Welfare are Black, not 37% of Black people are on Welfare.

ThunderousDemon

We should never forget our past or else we'll be doomed to repeat it.

kozelkid

Not to get into welfare because it won't end well, but of course there's going to be more white people on welfare. There's a significantly higher white population than black population. However, in terms of proportion per race, blacks are the highest in that regard. And are the worst off economically.

All I stated are facts. I won't go further into this argument because it won't end well.

Eagles710
You sir are on timeout...go to the corner :mad:

But honestly, c'mon how Could one race be able to say racist things, and another cant, its stupid, you have to see my point

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:23 AM

Not to get into welfare because it won't end well, but of course there's going to be more white people on welfare. There's a significantly higher white population than black population. However, in terms of proportion per race, blacks are the highest in that regard. And are the worst off economically.

All I stated are facts. I won't go further into this argument because it won't end well.

Then you should have never commented on it, common sense you use it.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:24 AM
I would recommend that a Mod close this thread. It's getting ugly and is in no way about basketball.

Eagles710

Agreed, listen it could very well be what i am reading is mistaken, possibly its just philadelphia,.... again im really not trying to throw a racist thing at anyone, i just dont know what the hell he means by, BLACK POWER, again power to overcome what?

kozelkid
Then you should have never commented on it, common sense you use it.

True.

Merely pointing out that what he is saying isn't entirely true. Merely a confusion of understand what proportionality is. With that said, I ain't discussing that subject anymore.

kozelkid
02-26-2012, 03:25 AM
Agreed, listen it could very well be what i am reading is mistaken, possibly its just philadelphia,.... again im really not trying to throw a racist thing at anyone, i just dont know what the hell he means by, BLACK POWER, again power to overcome what?

Actual racism back in the 70s.

Unfortunately a major side effect ended up being violent protesting. Something MLK would have NEVER preached.

cutiepie80
02-26-2012, 03:26 AM
He is one arrogant piece of trash.

BigBongTheory
02-26-2012, 03:27 AM
This thread needs to be deleted. This is prosportsdaily, and in the nba section. This is a topic for the other side of psd.

*Silver&Black*
02-26-2012, 03:28 AM
We should never forget our past or else we'll be doomed to repeat it.

It's not our past/history if we keep it as a cloud over the next generation and the next, and the next....

But I agree, this thread should be deleted.

OC Knights #11
It has nothing to do with the hip hop and rap music of today. It has to do with the fact that people my age really do not give a ****...I had no problem with what p diddy said. I would have had no problem with a white person saying white power. Who gives a ****? Its time to move on as a society, get past our history as a country and start living in the 21st centurty.

The hell it doesn't.

Cfrey
why hasnt this thread been deleted? as this has gone from something relatively related to basketball to a ****ing history lesson

Eagles710
This thread needs to be deleted. This is prosportsdaily, and in the nba section. This is a topic for the other side of psd.

Why do you care so bad lol.... Everyone is freaking out to CLOSE this thread? from what the bowge man?

mjokc
02-26-2012, 03:29 AM
Why are white people so insecure? You would think that after running the world for a few hundred years they would be satisfied. They for hundreds of years have killed, enslaved, beaten, humiliate and belittled other races. But no, they can't take any type of criticism or truth. This website for example, some insecure white person decides to make a thread because P Diddy used the term "Black Power" which has a history of being proud of who we are because white people always told us it was bad to be black. The term Black Power has nothing to do with hating whites.

kozelkid

It will. Not necessarily because it isn't in the NBA forum, but rather because it's a VERY sticky subject that should end badly soon enough.

kozelkid
Why are white people so insecure? You would think that after running the world for a few hundred years they would be satisfied. They for hundreds of years have killed, enslaved, beaten, humiliate and belittled other races. But no, they can't take any type of criticism or truth. This website for example, some insecure white person decides to make a thread because P Diddy used the term "Black Power" which has a history of being proud of who we are because white people always told us it was bad to be black. The term Black Power has nothing to do with hating whites.

And folks, these are the stupid comments I was referring to that will derail this thread.

Fresno
02-26-2012, 03:30 AM
Bingo.

Welcome to Generation Z and the remnants of Generation Y.

I've never seen someone under 25 get offended by any of the "major issues" people harp about. Instead they get offended by being told "No" and the tone of voice in text messages.

*Silver&Black*
Why are white people so insecure? You would think that after running the world for a few hundred years they would be satisfied.

I was born in 1988................

OC Knights #11

Therefore this fits right in with the other junk threads :D

ThunderousDemon
It's not our past/history if we keep it as a cloud over the next generation and the next, and the next....

But I agree, this thread should be deleted.

Then so be it. The current generation and future generations to come should know the past so that they won't repeat it.

Master Mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjVtKsSZwE4

maybe this helps :shrug:

CHILL20
02-26-2012, 03:31 AM
FOX? CMT? and every other channel not named BET and Telemundo...:shrug:

LOL, they even own THAT **** too...might as well be WET.

And for the record P. Diddy saying this doesn't mean jack ****, he doesn't even remotely care about black power. He's the biggest sellout ***** EVER.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:31 AM
He is one arrogant piece of trash.

Most rich people are. Koch brothers, Mitt Romney etc.

Eagles710
02-26-2012, 03:32 AM

:facepalm: THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT!

mjokc
02-26-2012, 03:33 AM
And folks, these are the stupid comments I was referring to that will derail this thread.

Whats wrong, the truth hurts doesn't it?

Fresno

I edited this onto the end of my earlier post:

The stat of 82% of Welfare recipients being Black is false.

37% of people on Welfare are Black.
Only 20% of people on Welfare remain on Welfare for over 5 years.

Also please dont confuse the numbers like many people have a problem with doing.
37% of people on Welfare are Black, not 37% of Black people are on Welfare.

As far as Blacks being worse off economically, that brings into question the reasoning or purpose behind differences in pay between races.

But thats an argument for the other side of PSD. :)

BigBongTheory
Relax people. Restoring peace to psd. Love this song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrotsEzgEpg

cutiepie80

Are you serious? As a white male I am ashamed of what our forefathers did and wish it never happened. I am not racist at all and never have been. But he is just an arrogant jerk. There's a difference between a black guy saying "black power" and puff daddy saying it. He's just a jerk. I just didn't find it surprising he would say something like that.

I'd be ashamed if a guy like Justin Timberlake said something liek "white power". It was the past, a very bad past. But to get past it we need to just focus on today where racism needs to be stopped.

My initial post was about Puff Daddy in general is just a pompous jerk and what he said was embarrassing.

Master Mind

And for the record P. Diddy saying this doesn't jack ****, he doesn't even remotely care about it. He's the biggest sellout ***** EVER.

ThunderousDemon

And for the record P. Diddy saying this doesn't jack ****, he doesn't even remotely care about it. He's the biggest sellout ***** EVER.

:clap: I hole heartily agree with you. You never see these kind of people trying to advance and help their race. I meant people that are sellouts, not black people specifically

Eagles710
02-26-2012, 03:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjVtKsSZwE4

maybe this helps :shrug:

LMFAOOOOO okay dude, that was ****jdhsd hilarouis! ..... i could bet 1,000,000$ i would not have been looking at the jeffersons

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 03:35 AM
LMFAOOOOO okay dude, that was ****jdhsd hilarouis! ..... i could bet 1,000,000$ i would not have been looking at the jeffersons

Eagles710
02-26-2012, 03:36 AM
Matter of Fact ill be honest 100% , or Keep it 100 is the slang some people use now lol..... When a Big star like him goes on TV and says BLACK POWER, all he is really doing is making it seem like black people are not equal or something, really dumb honestly

OC Knights #11
02-26-2012, 03:37 AM

Was P Diddy a slave? No. Were you a slave? No. It's great that you have appreciation for you peoples' history, but using it as a way to not have to do jack **** in life but prey on this generation's white peoples sympathy isn't fair.

Fresno
:clap: I hole heartily agree with you. You never see these kind of people trying to advance and help their race. I meant people that are sellouts, not black people specifically

Why does anyone need to help out a "race"?

I know for certain that Diddy gives back to charity groups for dis-advantaged youth in NYC as well as has a scholarship in his name at Howard University, where he went to school.

I wouldn't call someone a "sellout" by any means.

A "sellout" to me is a person who complains about why hes being taxed when being afforded the advantages they have by living in America. A lot of people seem to take their lifestyle for granted.

mjokc
Are you serious? As a white male I am ashamed of what our forefathers did and wish it never happened. I am not racist at all and never have been. But he is just an arrogant jerk. There's a difference between a black guy saying "black power" and puff daddy saying it. He's just a jerk. I just didn't find it surprising he would say something like that.

I'd be ashamed if a guy like Justin Timberlake said something liek "white power". It was the past, a very bad past. But to get past it we need to just focus on today where racism needs to be stopped.

My initial post was about Puff Daddy in general is just a pompous jerk and what he said was embarrassing.

Puff Daddy is an idiot I could care less about him, however I'm so sick and tired of whites who pull this hypothetical race card BS. The "oh well if it were a white person then it would be racism blah blah blah". And then they turn around and say that black people use the race card. Also, you shouldn't be ashamed of the evil things that other people did just because they were also white. Just as long as you aren't doing any of those bad things.

KobeOwnSU
02-26-2012, 03:38 AM
The hell it doesn't.

Care to explain why has to with it then?? Anybody who believes listening to a music genre causes this is wrong.

Eagles710
02-26-2012, 03:38 AM
Master mind that was EPIC, i really could not stop laughing, your a tool for thinking of that , literally one of the Funniest things

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:39 AM
Matter of Fact ill be honest 100% , or Keep it 100 is the slang some people use now lol..... When a Big star like him goes on TV and says BLACK POWER, all he is really doing is making it seem like black people are not equal or something, really dumb honestly

He was stupid to do that, but minorities aren't equal to white people in America. The only thing that the majority of Americans can agree upon is that America is a Plutocracy.

kozelkid
Whats wrong, the truth hurts doesn't it?

Lol.

You do realize most people posting here were born after the civil rights movement. Meaning most of us lived during the time of affirmative action.

And again, I might be white as is my family, but we didn't rule ****. My parents, you ignorant ***, had to deal with antisemitism while living in the former USSR. They were second class citizens, and couldn't get the same opportunity for high education as non Jews. They left that shithole to here where they didn't ***** that life was unfair, but worked their ****ing ***** off and educated themselves where we are fortunately living well off.

Don't ***** that life is unfair. Do something about it. And considering the amount of reparations and affirmative action given to african americans don't give me **** about your struggles for I am sure you didn't live during real racism. Don't pretend like you did.

Don't you dare associate what our ancestors believe with what we believe. You want a world of no racism? Don't set any race above any others. No race deserves any favors.

Master Mind
Read the Bible folks

Tony_Starks
02-26-2012, 03:40 AM
If you think the terms "black power" and "white power" are even remotely comparable you have to be either really young, plain ignorant, or seriously in need of a history review.

Short version: one of these phrases originated as a defiant term used by a group trying to overcome overt racism and extreme police brutality/murder. It was also used as a celebration of achievement by a minority group.

One of these terms originated with a group that mutulated, raped, burned, hung, and otherwise killed another group of people for sheer sport.

I'll let you figure out which is which......

mjokc
02-26-2012, 03:40 AM
Was P Diddy a slave? No. Were you a slave? No. It's great that you have appreciation for you peoples' history, but using it as a way to not have to do jack **** in life but prey on this generation's white peoples sympathy isn't fair.

The **** are you talking about? Nobody gives a **** about you or your sympathy. I'm simply making a point that white people have had the advantage for centuries and can't take any type of criticism or humiliation of someone pokes fun at them. Yet, they've been doing it to other races for centuries.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:41 AM
Why does anyone need to help out a "race"?

I know for certain that Diddy gives back to charity groups for dis-advantaged youth in NYC as well as has a scholarship in his name at Howard University, where he went to school.

I wouldn't call someone a "sellout" by any means.

A "sellout" to me is a person who complains about why hes being taxed when being afforded the advantages they have by living in America. A lot of people seem to take their lifestyle for granted.

You have a different meaning of sellout as you stated. I have to remember he's an entertainer not a figure of importance.

BigBongTheory
I'm confused, should I be happy i'm white? or sad that I'm not a mexican? Boom* Racist.

KobeOwnSU
Bingo.

Welcome to Generation Z and the remnants of Generation Y.

I've never seen someone under 25 get offended by any of the "major issues" people harp about. Instead they get offended by being told "No" and the tone of voice in text messages.

Thank you.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:42 AM
Read the Bible folks

lol, that's the worst advice I've heard so far.

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Master mind that was EPIC, i really could not stop laughing, your a tool for thinking of that , literally one of the Funniest things

I found it hilarious myself. Just like Diddy and this thread. As long as we don't have a seed of hate planted in our hearts we are good as a human race. We all can find common ground through laughter. :shrug:

kozelkid
If you think the terms "black power" and "white power" are even remotely comparable you have to be either really young, plain ignorant, or seriously in need of a history review.

Short version: one of these phrases originated as a defiant term used by a group trying to overcome overt racism and extreme police brutality/murder.

One of these terms originated with a group that mutulated, raped, burned, hung, and otherwise killed another group of people for sheer sport.

I'll let you figure out which is which......

Since we are all for exaggerations,

One group decided to brutally and violently protest, riot and loot. The other group simply was against the idea of other races entering this country.

ThunderousDemon
I'm confused, should I be happy i'm white? or sad that I'm not a mexican? Boom* Racist.

Mexican isn't a race, but a nationality. You wouldn't call it the Canadian race, would you?

Master Mind

I'll pray for you my brother

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:45 AM
I'll pray for you my brother

Don't bother, I tried when I was younger when my uncle was dying, but nobody answered me back.

mjokc
02-26-2012, 03:46 AM
Lol.

You do realize most people posting here were born after the civil rights movement. Meaning most of us lived during the time of affirmative action.

And again, I might be white as is my family, but we didn't rule ****. My parents, you ignorant ***, had to deal with antisemitism while living in the former USSR. They were second class citizens, and couldn't get the same opportunity for high education as non Jews. They left that shithole to here where they didn't ***** that life was unfair, but worked their ****ing ***** off and educated themselves where we are fortunately living well off.

Don't ***** that life is unfair. Do something about it. And considering the amount of reparations and affirmative action given to african americans don't give me **** about your struggles for I am sure you didn't live during real racism. Don't pretend like you did.

Don't you dare associate what our ancestors believe with what we believe. You want a world of no racism? Don't set any race above any others. No race deserves any favors.

Oh cool, the white guy who's parent's were immigrants and struggled just like black people story. Save it you pretentious twit, your parents could have immigrated from wherever the hell they did, but they were still white. The fact is white people have an advantage, people of color don't. And yes, I have and do face real racism. It will shock you to find out that *gasp* racism is still alive and well. Idiot.

Eagles710
Bottom line, We are all gods children , that is the 100% Truth.... So either way, white power, black Power, Yellow Power.... makes no difference..... Im going to end this with, I HAVE A DREAM!!!!! but i forgot it :(

Eagles710

ewww your probably a guy that thinks he is coming back as a tree right?

Fresno
Since we are all for exaggerations,

One group decided to brutally and violently protest, riot and loot. The other group simply was against the idea of other races entering this country.
If we're speaking about history.

His post wasn't an exaggeration at all.

Nobody paints Black revolutionists of the 60's and 70's as "heroes" considering the actions that some took, however many acknowledge their efforts changed America from what it once was.

KobeOwnSU
I also do not know why people are calling for this to be closed? If people want to talk about it why can't it be done? I think it is fine as long as we dont become barbaric here. I think we are better then that psd.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:47 AM

Who is :confused:

BigBongTheory
Mexican isn't a race, but a nationality. You wouldn't call it the Canadian race, would you?

As you could tell, that statement was well structured enough to be as bad as it possibly could. I think I did a good job getting your mind of racism for one second, and into thinking about nationalities.

JLynn943
I didn't see it and do not know the context.

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 03:48 AM
Bottom line, We are all gods children , that is the 100% Truth.... So either way, white power, black Power, Yellow Power.... makes no difference..... Im going to end this with, I HAVE A DREAM!!!!! but i forgot it :(

This.

Eagles710
Don't bother, I tried when I was younger when my uncle was dying, but nobody answered me back.

Ever think that maybe it was his time, and there was nothing you could do..... let me ask you this honest question, how could you literally look at the sky, wake up in the morning , BREATH!!!! etc etc..... and not think there is a god?

ThunderousDemon
As you could tell, that statement was well structured enough to be as bad as it possibly could. I think I did a good job getting your mind of racism for one second, and into thinking about nationalities.

I know, I just wanted to clarify it for the people that didn't know.

kozelkid
02-26-2012, 03:49 AM
Oh cool, the white guy who's parent's were immigrants and struggled just like black people story. Save it you pretentious twit, your parents could have immigrated from wherever the hell they did, but they were still white. The fact is white people have an advantage, people of color don't. And yes, I have and do face real racism. It will shock you to find out that *gasp* racism is still alive and well. Idiot.

Then save your "struggles" as well you ignorant prick. Believe it or not, black people aren't the only people who have struggled with prejudice. But I guess you are too close-minded to admit it. People like you give African Americans the bad reputation.

And on to the ignore list you go. You are the actual racist that you accuse others of.

If we're speaking about history.

His post wasn't an exaggeration at all.

Nobody paints Black revolutionists of the 60's and 70's as "heroes" considering the actions that some took, however many acknowledge their efforts changed America from what it once was.

I was referring more to "white power" and being brutal murderers

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 03:49 AM

http://www.thenextgreatgeneration.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/stanford_tree.jpg

BigBongTheory
02-26-2012, 03:50 AM
I also do not know why people are calling for this to be closed? If people want to talk about it why can't it be done? I think it is fine as long as we dont become barbaric here. I think we are better then that psd.

Belongs more in general discussions or anything other than the nba forum.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:50 AM
Ever think that maybe it was his time, and there was nothing you could do..... let me ask you this honest question, how could you literally look at the sky, wake up in the morning , BREATH!!!! etc etc..... and not think there is a god?

He died very young and left a pregnant women to raise three kids. You think his kids think it was his time to go? Breathing is as natural as blinking. There's a scientific explanation for everything even if we haven't found it yet.

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 03:51 AM

Truth.

kozelkid
02-26-2012, 03:52 AM
He died very young and left a pregnant women to raise three kids. You think his kids think it was his time to go? Breathing is as natural as blinking. There's a scientific explanation for everything even if we haven't found it yet.

One of the few cases where I'd rather have the atheist-fundamentalist debate. :laugh2:

Eagles710
Belongs more in general discussions or anything other than the nba forum.

OMGGGGGG PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHY DO YOU CARE!!!!!!!! I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS..... THE SITE WOULD LOOK SO MUCH BETTER IF THIS WERE IN THE CORRECT FORUM! ..... if you dont want to read it, OR you dont wanna post in it, why do you care its there, do you make money on this site? do you own it? does it make ANY difference in your life that its here? no ofcourse it does not..... so go post whom you think is the top- five point guards starting with the letter F ACTIVE PLAYERS ONLY

ThunderousDemon

We're all a result of millions of years of evolution, that is 100% true.

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 03:53 AM

Sorry for your loss bro, some things can't be explained. But know that there is a God who is Father to us all.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:53 AM
Truth.

Not true, not even remotely true.

Master Mind
02-26-2012, 03:54 AM
We're all a result of millions of years of evolution, that is 100% true.

Oh gosh :p

mjokc

Then save your "struggles" as well you ignorant prick. Believe it or not, black people aren't the only people who have struggled with prejudice. But I guess you are too close-minded to admit it. People like you give African Americans the bad reputation.

And on to the ignore list you go. You are the actual racist that you accuse others of.

I was referring more to "white power" and being brutal murderers

Oh please, nobody said that blacks were the only people to have struggled, that's the reason why I said "people of color" not just blacks, moron. If you believe that a poster on an NBA forum gives an entire race a "bad reputation" than you are the close minded one.

Mike515089
In the end white or black going to a sporting event that is dominated by one race and then going up to someone who is of another race and yelling white or black power looks ****ing ignorant.

Like 1950's ignorant as well

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:55 AM
Sorry for your loss bro, some things can't be explained. But know that there is a God who is Father to us all.

I'm an atheist now and happy about it. :)

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 03:56 AM
Oh gosh :p

Sorry, I forgot to mention the talking snake right. :rolleyes:

Fresno
You have a different meaning of sellout as you stated. I have to remember he's an entertainer not a figure of importance.

It really depends on who are figures of importance today.

Hawkeye15 will delete this thread.

kozelkid
Not true, not even remotely true.

This might be one of the most dumbest and easiest solved debates.

We can't prove there is a God or there isn't. Why do both fundamentalists and atheists insist on forcing their views on others (I'm not directing this at you, by the way).

Personally, I believe in a god or some higher power, but with that religion and science are dependent on one another.

I also find it hilarious that some of the most influential figures in this debate like Darwin and Mendel were both very religious as well as influential in their science obviously.

Eagles710

Sorry for your familys loss BTW.... but you are a lil loose with the Word NATURAL! .... LIFE itself is not natural, the earth, stars, HOW it all formed? .... i mean honestly dude, you cant tell me things like that are natural because god put them there, i;ve talked to Hundreds of people that believe the way you do , and i understand its tough, i grew up in a christian home background etc.... but i would advise you to do this, you seem like a smart person.... just google things about jesus, and TRY and pray, you have nothing to lose :)

Heater4life

No he decided to make the thread to point out a double standard. Blacks can say what they wish while whites must bite their tongue to not offend the black community.

Example

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/entertainment/july-dec04/cosby_7-15.html

And this is black on black....