PDA

View Full Version : If LA lands Howard what does NJ do with Deron?

Yunqn
02-25-2012, 09:49 PM
just a quick discussion

i dont see nj letting the trade deadline pass without moving deron if dwight goes elsewhere by the deadline..

what do you think they would do with him? would they keep him?

would you trade deron for russell westbrook & filler ?

its interesting to not hear any rumors during all star weekend..

Lakeshow24KB
02-25-2012, 09:54 PM
LA won't land Howard so it doesn't matter.

knicks=love
02-25-2012, 09:55 PM
LA won't land Howard so it doesn't matter.

this

IndiansFan337
02-25-2012, 09:57 PM
just a quick discussion

i dont see nj letting the trade deadline pass without moving deron if dwight goes elsewhere by the deadline..

what do you think they would do with him? would they keep him?

would you trade deron for russell westbrook & filler ?

its interesting to not hear any rumors during all star weekend..

NJ would still want to keep him, but he won't want to stay.

OKC would not trade Westbrook for D-Will.

I believe D-Will will end up in Dallas next season, regardless of where Howard lands.

nyfinest4life
02-25-2012, 09:57 PM
i dont think the lakers r trading for dwight but if they do the nets have to trade deron

Steel76ers
02-25-2012, 10:57 PM
I don't think they would trade Westbrook

youngMan
02-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Send him to LA for Blake

jrm2054
02-25-2012, 11:40 PM
La is not getting him so it dont matter

AntiG
02-25-2012, 11:42 PM
if Howard goes to another team, if I'm NJ I'm trading off Deron to the highest bidder and try to stockpile as many lottery picks as possible in this phenomenal draft.

latinofire21
02-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Yeah i dont agree with LA being the landing spot but I do agree that he will not be in NJ next season. I dont think they have the trade assets to land dwight.

Chill_Will_24
02-26-2012, 12:07 AM
The Net would be screwed if so.. but... :laugh2: Yea.. Lakers arent getting Howard.

AntiG
02-26-2012, 12:10 AM
Yeah i dont agree with LA being the landing spot but I do agree that he will not be in NJ next season. I dont think they have the trade assets to land dwight.

They do, Brook Lopez, Marshon Brooks and 2 lottery picks.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 12:11 AM
I don't think he comes to LA or do I think the Nets get him. If the Nets do some how get him, it'll be from the Magic being desperate and making a terrible trade. Lopez is a bust, so who could the nets offer?

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 12:12 AM

Brook Lopez? Why would they want this guy? Isn't he injured?

AntiG
02-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Brook Lopez? Why would they want this guy? Isn't he injured?

he's about to come back.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 12:15 AM
he's about to come back.

Why would they trade for a guy that's coming off an injury, it doesn't make sense for the Magic.

lvlheaded
02-26-2012, 12:17 AM
If Dwight goes anywhere but NJ, I'd have to believe the Nets will send Deron to the highest bidder. A team will be willing to get him for the rest of the season and hope he resigns, I just don't see anyway the Nets can keep him and risk him walking away in the offseason when trading him would get them a great package. That said I still believe the Nets will end up with Dwight, unfortunately for them I get the feeling they are gonna have to give up Lopez, Brooks, and their 2 1st round picks in this draft as well as take back Hedo's awful contract. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Magic ask for Hump on top of it as well

nickdymez
02-26-2012, 12:19 AM
he's about to come back.

and?

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 12:20 AM
If Dwight goes anywhere but NJ, I'd have to believe the Nets will send Deron to the highest bidder. A team will be willing to get him for the rest of the season and hope he resigns, I just don't see anyway the Nets can keep him and risk him walking away in the offseason when trading him would get them a great package. That said I still believe the Nets will end up with Dwight, unfortunately for them I get the feeling they are gonna have to give up Lopez, Brooks, and their 2 1st round picks in this draft as well as take back Hedo's awful contract. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Magic ask for Hump on top of it as well

They'd also have to take Duhons contract and give more picks because Lopez is injured.

AntiG
02-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Why would they trade for a guy that's coming off an injury, it doesn't make sense for the Magic.

Because Dwight has the leverage, and in terms of building for the future, Lopez is a very good talent, Brooks is a very good talent, and the Nets are sending two lottery picks in one of the most loaded drafts ever. That's basically 3 potential all-NBA players and one of the more skilled big men in the league.

Its a pretty damned good trade.

sunsfan88
02-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Yea I agree with everyone else LA probably won't get him but damn can you imagine a Griffin-Howard combo?? One of the most most athletic front courts in NBA history!

Then you have CP3 dishing.... holy crap!

AntiG
02-26-2012, 12:24 AM
They'd also have to take Duhons contract and give more picks because Lopez is injured.

Probably would be Turkoglu's turrble contract. And Lopez back from injury means that he's no longer injured. Its a broken bone in his foot, not a ligament tear. Broken bones heal stronger than they originally began.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Because Dwight has the leverage, and in terms of building for the future, Lopez is a very good talent, Brooks is a very good talent, and the Nets are sending two lottery picks in one of the most loaded drafts ever. That's basically 3 potential all-NBA players and one of the more skilled big men in the league.

Its a pretty damned good trade.

How do you know that Lopez will be the same or better when he comes back from an injury. Two lottery picks isn't enough for the Magic and they'll probably ask for more. The key word here is "potential", so it doesn't mean anything.

BigBongTheory
02-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Yea I agree with everyone else LA probably won't get him but damn can you imagine a Griffin-Howard combo?? One of the most most athletic front courts in NBA history!

Then you have CP3 dishing.... holy crap!

I'm assuming everyone is talking about the Lakers, not the clippers.

raiderfaninTX
02-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Lakers are not getting him

RaiderLakersA's
02-26-2012, 12:33 AM
Am I the only one on the planet that thinks that Howard is going to play out the season in Orlando and then walk?

oak2455
02-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Am I the only one on the planet that thinks that Howard is going to play out the season in Orlando and then walk?

good possibility and then here come the Mavs:eyebrow:

AntiG
02-26-2012, 12:36 AM
How do you know that Lopez will be the same or better when he comes back from an injury. Two lottery picks isn't enough for the Magic and they'll probably ask for more. The key word here is "potential", so it doesn't mean anything.

And I'm sure NJ will accommodate. They are desperate to get Howard, and Howard prefers to get traded there. Just like NY last year with Melo, it'll work itself out.

Unless of course LA comes out and offers Gasol, Bynum, and takes on Turkoglu and Duhon's contracts.

Yunqn
02-26-2012, 12:38 AM
do people not see the word if ?

im asking what if dwight is elsewhere... and i used l.a as a landing spot because no other team besides l.a & nj have a shot.. cleary nj is front running but im just asking..because i truly believe nj has no clue and are putting all their hope on dwight

DoMeFavors
02-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Everyone thinks he will be a Net

assisi805
02-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Thunder won't trade for Deron.... Besides that yes if Dwight isn't a Net neither is Deron.

scandaless2
02-26-2012, 12:57 AM
Thunder won't trade for Deron.... Besides that yes if Dwight isn't a Net neither is Deron.

Agree

flatbush knicks
02-26-2012, 01:02 AM
put deron on a mafia hitlist lol

Dade County
02-26-2012, 01:05 AM
I think even if L.A makes a trade for Howard ( big gamble ) he will still go into free agency and most likely head for NJ.

I really don't think L.A is in the picture

Williams and Howard are trying to team up... So NJ or Dallas. Wild card teams OKC, Clippers, HEAT, baby bulls

latinofire21
02-26-2012, 01:10 AM

I think they can get a better offer then that.

D Blue987
02-26-2012, 01:17 AM
I think even if L.A makes a trade for Howard ( big gamble ) he will still go into free agency and most likely head for NJ.

I really don't think L.A is in the picture

Williams and Howard are trying to team up... So NJ or Dallas. Wild card teams OKC, Clippers, HEAT, baby bulls

If LA lands Howard, he wont leave because LA wont do the trade unless he signs the extension. At the end of the day if I am Dwight, then why the heck do I want to go to NJ and suck when I can go to a big market like LA or Dal if I dont want to be in Orlando. Nobody say because of Deron either please. Deron and Dwight might meet but it wont be in Jersey.

Raph12
02-26-2012, 01:40 AM
Lakers won't get him, so this thread is moot...

AntiG
02-26-2012, 01:46 AM
If LA lands Howard, he wont leave because LA wont do the trade unless he signs the extension. At the end of the day if I am Dwight, then why the heck do I want to go to NJ and suck when I can go to a big market like LA or Dal if I dont want to be in Orlando. Nobody say because of Deron either please. Deron and Dwight might meet but it wont be in Jersey.

Because going to the Nets IS the going to the biggest market. New York City. Nets are moving to Brooklyn, and owned by Prokhorov, one of the richest, most aggressive businessmen in the world.

oak2455
02-26-2012, 03:46 AM
Zzzzzzzzz wake me when this is over