PDA

View Full Version : How can the Mavs afford Deron and Dwight?

NYSpirit1
02-25-2012, 04:56 PM
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

They have 41 million committed next year, even if the cap was 60 million, they wouldn't even come close.

So I don't really understand where this is all coming from. They'd need to get rid of Marion and Haywood's contracts to even have a chance. And they're not getting rid of Haywood's contract.

North Yorker
02-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Use the amnesty of Haywood.

Chronz
02-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Thats why Cuban is tweeting up a storm over Marions defense, hes trying to boot him

Ebbs
02-25-2012, 05:18 PM
trade marion amnesty haywood lol. . .

latinofire21
02-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Im pretty sure a couple articles already covered it. They would have to amnesty Haywood and move Marion for the room. I think their TPE also had something to do with how they can land both. I will see if I can find the article that stated it. It was on PSD like a month ago.

AntiG
02-25-2012, 05:29 PM
additionally the new CBA also allows for a renegotiation and extension, so someone like Dirk can add one year to his contract while taking a paycut off his established contract.

Bruno
02-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Id Deron and Howard take Lebron and Boshesque pay cuts to come play for the Mavs, and if the Mavs use their amnesty on Haywood, don't pick up Lamars option, they can pull it off. especially if the can ship Marion off to somebody.

ManRam
02-25-2012, 05:53 PM
it's doable. let lamar go, amnesty haywood, perhaps try to move marion at the deadline...

and like bruno said, a slight discount would help. and if they really want to buddy up, that's not unreasonable to think. i'd imagine their popularity/brand would increase drastically in dallas compared to NJ and Orlando...so that alone might be worth a discount.

sunsfan88
02-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Phoenix will have enough cap room for both Dwight and Deron once we amnesty Childress.....just sayin ;)

llemon
02-25-2012, 06:03 PM
it's doable. let lamar go, amnesty haywood, perhaps try to move marion at the deadline...

and like bruno said, a slight discount would help. and if they really want to buddy up, that's not unreasonable to think. i'd imagine their popularity/brand would increase drastically in dallas compared to NJ and Orlando...so that alone might be worth a discount.

Nets won't be in New Jersey next season.

kdspurman
02-25-2012, 06:06 PM

Their popularity/brand will be nothing in Dallas compared to Brooklyn, NY. lol See Jeremy Lin.

ManRam
02-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Nets won't be in New Jersey next season.

i know, and that's valid. but they'll still be second fiddle to the knicks IMO. the knicks are new york city's team...and will be for the foreseeable future.

dirk, deron, dwight will get them much more attention than just deron and dwight, even if it is in brooklyn.

:shrug:

ManRam
02-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Their popularity/brand will be nothing in Dallas compared to Brooklyn, NY. lol See Jeremy Lin.

same city, different teams. you guys are right, what bigger market is there than new york? none. but, like i just said, that city is the new york knicks. jayz, proky will do all they can to change that, but it's gonna take some time. deron and dwight will help, for sure...but they'd be closer to winning in dallas than they would be in new jersey, especially if they have to trade half their team for dwight. it will be a two man team.

i don't know how convinced i am of what i'm saying, but it's kinda like clippers/lakers. the clippers finally have a fun team, and get a lot of pub, but that city will always be laker-loyal...just like new york will always be knicks-loyal.

Young and Stupid
02-25-2012, 06:15 PM
They can't, lol.

Someone would have to take Marion off their hands and then they'd proceed to amnesty Haywood. At this point, they still wouldn't have enough room to offer Howard and Williams the max.

Even if we are to go under the assumption that the two would be willing to take a pay-cut, it doesn't make any sense for Deron and Dwight to go to the Mavericks. The Nets provide a better basketball option and there are more off-court opportunities.

last stand
02-25-2012, 06:27 PM
It's not possible unless Dwight and deron take 40 million dollar pay cuts a piece over the life of their contract. And considering at any moment you can be Brandon Roy it's not gonna happen.

First of all trading Marion doesn't help, it's mandatory. Dirk alone is taking 22 million off of a 58 million dollar cap. That only leaves 36 million to split between Dwight and deron

Ignoring Vince Carter, rodrigue beaubois, and Domonique jones who add 6 million.

Now it's 30 million to split in two. Lamar odoms contract comes with a 2 million dollar buyout if the team doesn't pick up the option. Now it's 28 million to split between the 2

That's not counting Marion who if you've noticed with what the owners did to the lakers with Paul they are more than willing to step on the toes of owners to prevent superteams.

I can easily see owners blackballing Cuban and not trading for Marion. In fact Marion alone is a blackball because in order for Dallas to get relief they'd have to trade him for an expiring now or trade him into a team with cap room to get a TPE in the offseason. Well Marion is 34. What non contending team is gonna take a 34 year old Marion just to help Cuban out

BallIsAll
02-25-2012, 06:44 PM
it's not possible unless dwight and deron take 40 million dollar pay cuts a piece over the life of their contract. And considering at any moment you can be brandon roy it's not gonna happen.

First of all trading marion doesn't help, it's mandatory. Dirk alone is taking 22 million off of a 58 million dollar cap. That only leaves 36 million to split between dwight and deron

ignoring vince carter, rodrigue beaubois, and domonique jones who add 6 million.

Now it's 30 million to split in two. Lamar odoms contract comes with a 2 million dollar buyout if the team doesn't pick up the option. Now it's 28 million to split between the 2

that's not counting marion who if you've noticed with what the owners did to the lakers with paul they are more than willing to step on the toes of owners to prevent superteams.

I can easily see owners blackballing cuban and not trading for marion. In fact marion alone is a blackball because in order for dallas to get relief they'd have to trade him for an expiring now or trade him into a team with cap room to get a tpe in the offseason. Well marion is 34. What non contending team is gonna take a 34 year old marion just to help cuban out

+1

Giraffes Rule
02-25-2012, 07:04 PM
same city, different teams. you guys are right, what bigger market is there than new york? none. but, like i just said, that city is the new york knicks. jayz, proky will do all they can to change that, but it's gonna take some time. deron and dwight will help, for sure...but they'd be closer to winning in dallas than they would be in new jersey, especially if they have to trade half their team for dwight. it will be a two man team.

i don't know how convinced i am of what i'm saying, but it's kinda like clippers/lakers. the clippers finally have a fun team, and get a lot of pub, but that city will always be laker-loyal...just like new york will always be knicks-loyal.

You see how quick the Clippers have gained a pretty big bandwagon fanbase in LA, I'd imagine the Nets could be the same. Wherever they go, the media is going to be all over them. I think the whole market thing is a little blown out of proportion. If both these guys go to the same place in the off season, I don't care if it's in the middle of butt **** nowhere ESPN is going to be all over it.

Cracka2HI!
02-25-2012, 07:08 PM
I think they might be able to find a taker for Marion. Wouldn't it be funny they traded him to New Orleans for Kaman? Maybe Charlotte would take him for Diaw. I imagine Cuban would take any assorment of crap as long as it's expiring and would probably include Beubois to get it done. Then they waive Odom and save another $6 million and they could amnesty Haywood. I think they can still get both if they keep Marion, but both players would have to take a discount and I wouldn't want to count on that happening.

JIDsanity
02-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Im not sure they can. For this to even be realistic they have to move Marion, which is easier said than done. Im not sure any team w/expiring contracts or cap room are high on Marion.

5ass
02-25-2012, 07:37 PM
no one is going to help the Mavs out by taking Marion's contract. No1 wants to see Dwight, Deron and Dirk together. Marion's overpaid anyway, so no one will take him. This is why Dwight+Deron (or even just one of them really because they'll both be playing for the same team whatever happens) going to the mavs is a pipe dream. Cuban disintegrated that championship team for nothing. 2 years from now they are going to be in the lottery.

Young2Kinsler
02-25-2012, 07:42 PM
They can't, lol.

Someone would have to take Marion off their hands and then they'd proceed to amnesty Haywood. At this point, they still wouldn't have enough room to offer Howard and Williams the max.

Even if we are to go under the assumption that the two would be willing to take a pay-cut, it doesn't make any sense for Deron and Dwight to go to the Mavericks. The Nets provide a better basketball option and there are more off-court opportunities.

The Nets provide a better basketball option? LMAO that's rich. I mean who would want to play in a big market like Dallas, without the pressure of a New York or LA? Plus, New Jersey is much more known for being contenders than Dallas is.

Dade County
02-25-2012, 07:43 PM
That's not counting Marion who if you've noticed with what the owners did to the lakers with Paul they are more than willing to step on the toes of owners to prevent superteams.

I can easily see owners blackballing Cuban and not trading for Marion. In fact Marion alone is a blackball because in order for Dallas to get relief they'd have to trade him for an expiring now or trade him into a team with cap room to get a TPE in the offseason. Well Marion is 34. What non contending team is gonna take a 34 year old Marion just to help Cuban out

I see that happening...

I feel that Owners are secretly wanting and aligning them selfs with each other, they are going to block/hate on all trades that will create a new superteam; they will even take it a step further when big spending teams need cap relief, they will do anything in their power to bury that team.

Their first example will be to block the HEAT when the tax HITS get outrageous (in the 4th year of the big3 contracts).

Young2Kinsler
02-25-2012, 07:45 PM
no one is going to help the Mavs out by taking Marion's contract. No1 wants to see Dwight, Deron and Dirk together. Marion's overpaid anyway, so no one will take him. This is why Dwight+Deron (or even just one of them really because they'll both be playing for the same team whatever happens) going to the mavs is a pipe dream. Cuban disintegrated that championship team for nothing. 2 years from now they are going to be in the lottery.

Cuban didn't want to lock up good players to long term deals, handcuffing this team for Dirks last 3-5 years in Dallas. Locking up JJ Barea and Tyson Chandler to insane money doesn't make sense for an aging team.

Even if Dallas can't land them both, or even one, this move had to be done. The great thing about it is that in one single offseason, this team went from being one of the highest payers of luxury tax, to players in the free agent market.

Young and Stupid
02-25-2012, 07:47 PM
The Nets provide a better basketball option? LMAO that's rich.

Curious why you kept it to a dismissive one-liner. Is it because you're aware you can't provide an effective argument for the contrary. If that's not the case, please elaborate.

Plus, New Jersey is much more known for being contenders than Dallas is.

I'm not sure how the preceding is relevant.

Tmath
02-25-2012, 08:07 PM
I just hope Dwight doesn't go to the Nets or the Atlantic for that matter.

3's set u free
02-25-2012, 08:13 PM
It's not possible unless Dwight and deron take 40 million dollar pay cuts a piece over the life of their contract. And considering at any moment you can be Brandon Roy it's not gonna happen.

First of all trading Marion doesn't help, it's mandatory. Dirk alone is taking 22 million off of a 58 million dollar cap. That only leaves 36 million to split between Dwight and deron

Ignoring Vince Carter, rodrigue beaubois, and Domonique jones who add 6 million.

The reality is and the reason people believe this rumor is because this is really close to what happened in Miami. People were blindsided because it seemed like everything had to work out just right, but because (My Opinion Here) they had commitments from Lebron and Bosh to come, Miami was in a great position to risk everything for them.

The difference is as you pointed out, people already see this reality and the owners will be very conscious of it. Imagine knowing what they know now if the owners got to go back before Miami signed Lebron and Bosh. I can guarantee no one would have touched a trade with them, especially considering they really didn't have any real assets anyway.

If Deron and Dwight have already spoken about where they are going, it absolutely could happen. If not, then there is little to know chance there is too much working against them. I really don't think Deron and Dwight have it in there plan to team up with a Euro, either. New Jersey makes sense, LA makes sense, Chicago makes sense, but I don't see those guys dying to play with Dirk as great as he is.

3's set u free
02-25-2012, 08:17 PM
You see how quick the Clippers have gained a pretty big bandwagon fanbase in LA, I'd imagine the Nets could be the same. Wherever they go, the media is going to be all over them. I think the whole market thing is a little blown out of proportion. If both these guys go to the same place in the off season, I don't care if it's in the middle of butt **** nowhere ESPN is going to be all over it.

Not sure where you are from but I live in LA and "big bandwagon" is pretty strong. They are gaining a strong following around the US because they have a great team, but in LA it's at least 5 to 1 Lakers fans to Clipper fans. Clippers have a better and more exciting team, but in terms of fan base they will likely never even have half the fans the lakers do.

It's a little different situation as they play in the same building. If the clippers moved to anaheim and became Orange County's team they can do exactly what the angels did and steal a huge portion of lakers fans due to access to games. As it stands in Staples center they are second fiddle and its not even close

Steel76ers
02-25-2012, 10:56 PM
They can't afford them I don't think.

Ty Fast
02-25-2012, 11:02 PM
the triple d in big d............. dirk, deron and dwight

latinofire21
02-26-2012, 12:09 AM
I am pretty sure they only have to trade for one of them guys. Lets say they go hard for dwight at the deadline. They make a trade for Dwight. Now they only have to sign Deron in the offseason. They sign Deron to the Max before finishing Dwights contract. They can go over the cap after they sign Deron to keep Dwight. I think its definitely a plausible scenario for Dallas.

sunsfan88
02-26-2012, 05:06 AM
Cuban didn't want to lock up good players to long term deals, handcuffing this team for Dirks last 3-5 years in Dallas. Locking up JJ Barea and Tyson Chandler to insane money doesn't make sense for an aging team.

Even if Dallas can't land them both, or even one, this move had to be done. The great thing about it is that in one single offseason, this team went from being one of the highest payers of luxury tax, to players in the free agent market.

Doesnt it make more sense to keep the good players who have proven chemistry together to work with Dirk during his last few years so that Dallas can contend to win a ring?

I mean the Mavs showed last year that they are the best team in the NBA with Chandler & Barea so why not keep it like that and then when Dirk retires later just blow it up and start rebuilding instead of rebuilding now and wasting Dirk's last few years in the league.

And I saw rebuilding now because I dont see the Mavericks getting Howard or Williams.

Young2Kinsler
02-26-2012, 05:33 AM
Doesnt it make more sense to keep the good players who have proven chemistry together to work with Dirk during his last few years so that Dallas can contend to win a ring?

I mean the Mavs showed last year that they are the best team in the NBA with Chandler & Barea so why not keep it like that and then when Dirk retires later just blow it up and start rebuilding instead of rebuilding now and wasting Dirk's last few years in the league.

And I saw rebuilding now because I dont see the Mavericks getting Howard or Williams.

But the "good" players we are talking about aren't superstars. As the years go by, Dirk is going to regress. They need younger talent around him to grow, and take over more of the load. The simple fact is, guys like JJ Barea and Tyson Chandler aren't going to do that. Chandler isn't super young, and we know what he is...10 pts and 10 boards, plays good D, but will probably never be any better than that. JJ Barea is a nice role player on a bench, but not the kind of guy you want to clog your salary cap with.

Chandler and Barea are not going to compensate enough for Dirk, Kidd, Terry, and Marions regression, they don't have the talent to do so.

So what Cuban did was, not only I think brilliant, but the best thing for this club now and the future. It get's them drastically under the cap, and even if they don't get one of Deron or Dwight, makes them players to add the type of young talent you need to grow a franchise. The best thing is that it only took one season to get out of luxury tax hell.

AnthonyTyrael
02-26-2012, 09:58 AM
And while doing that, they're stil among the top teams this year. With its ups and downs just like any other. it was worthy to gave up what they did. The only guy of value has been Chandler. Still the core is overage but this might change either one way or the other.

boolish
02-26-2012, 10:16 AM
dwill and dh aint gonaa take monsta pay cuts to play in big d. it aint about the "winning" when it's still about da benjamins.

Young and Stupid
02-26-2012, 10:24 AM
But the "good" players we are talking about aren't superstars. As the years go by, Dirk is going to regress. They need younger talent around him to grow, and take over more of the load. The simple fact is, guys like JJ Barea and Tyson Chandler aren't going to do that. Chandler isn't super young, and we know what he is...10 pts and 10 boards, plays good D, but will probably never be any better than that. JJ Barea is a nice role player on a bench, but not the kind of guy you want to clog your salary cap with.

Chandler and Barea are not going to compensate enough for Dirk, Kidd, Terry, and Marions regression, they don't have the talent to do so.

So what Cuban did was, not only I think brilliant, but the best thing for this club now and the future. It get's them drastically under the cap, and even if they don't get one of Deron or Dwight, makes them players to add the type of young talent you need to grow a franchise. The best thing is that it only took one season to get out of luxury tax hell.

I agree with everything above.

However, I'm still curious to hear your case for the Mavericks providing a better basketball situation for Deron Williams and Dwight Howard.

oak2455
02-26-2012, 11:18 AM
dwill and dh aint gonaa take monsta pay cuts to play in big d. it aint about the "winning" when it's still about da benjamins.

No sales tax in BIG D:D

Young2Kinsler
02-26-2012, 12:30 PM
I agree with everything above.

However, I'm still curious to hear your case for the Mavericks providing a better basketball situation for Deron Williams and Dwight Howard.

Let me start by saying, yes the Nets have new ownership. But with the Mavs, you are talking about one of the most driven owners in sports, Mark Cuban. Since taking ownership of this team, the guy has tried any and everything to win. Dallas has become a basketball city. The Nets time in the sun might be coming, but with other young teams already on the rise, the road isn't going to be easy. I could see the Nets being good down the line, but I would bet a lot more money on the Mavs being good before then.

Young and Stupid
02-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Let me start by saying, yes the Nets have new ownership. But with the Mavs, you are talking about one of the most driven owners in sports, Mark Cuban. Since taking ownership of this team, the guy has tried any and everything to win. Dallas has become a basketball city. The Nets time in the sun might be coming, but with other young teams already on the rise, the road isn't going to be easy. I could see the Nets being good down the line, but I would bet a lot more money on the Mavs being good before then.

So by not making a case for the Mavericks being a better basketball situation than the Nets are you implicitly saying that you can't make a case for the former?

If so, I'm curious why you took to laughing at my initial statement.

P Styles
02-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Anyone pretending the Nets in Brooklyn isn't an attractive situation to players is fooling themselves.

Chronz
02-26-2012, 12:50 PM
additionally the new CBA also allows for a renegotiation and extension, so someone like Dirk can add one year to his contract while taking a paycut off his established contract.

Pretty sure thats wrong

Chronz
02-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Not sure where you are from but I live in LA and "big bandwagon" is pretty strong. They are gaining a strong following around the US because they have a great team, but in LA it's at least 5 to 1 Lakers fans to Clipper fans. Clippers have a better and more exciting team, but in terms of fan base they will likely never even have half the fans the lakers do.

It's a little different situation as they play in the same building. If the clippers moved to anaheim and became Orange County's team they can do exactly what the angels did and steal a huge portion of lakers fans due to access to games. As it stands in Staples center they are second fiddle and its not even close
I also live in LA and I doubt your stats/theory.

Can someone explain to me what bandwagoners have to do with anything?

Shareeb_omac2
02-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Anyone pretending the Nets in Brooklyn isn't an attractive situation to players is fooling themselves.

Deron Williams has come out and said that big markets don't influence where he wants to play.

Dallas clearly will have enough cap room to sign Deron and Dwight if they can trade Marion. This has been proven so many times on this forum.

Redskins10
02-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Any chance for Deron to join him in Orlando? Considering that there are reports saying that his mom is telling him to stay and that the front office believes he will, I'm sure shipping Deron there would ensure him staying. Any one know if that's possible with the current cap situation?

H.E.R.
02-27-2012, 03:02 AM

No it doesn't.
http://mavericks.scout.com/2/1145100.html

No sales tax in BIG D:D

For all the talk of no taxes in Dallas, Rose's new contract had to have caught the eyes of Dwight Howard (who is also under contract with Adidas) and will likely receive a bigger deal for playing in a big market in NYC. Deron has an extra $30 million if he stays with the Nets as well.

thedfactor
02-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Deron putting up major smoke screen about wanting to stay in NJ/Brooklyn...guy is gone after the season. He doesn't want to be a Net. He's playing his cards right. D-Will is Texas-Made. Whatever Dwight chooses from there is up to him...

Skizzik
02-27-2012, 04:39 AM
I know New York is a large market...but you'd think from reading across multiple threads on PSD Dallas was a small market. It's a top five market in the US. The Mavs have the longest active regular season sellout streak in the NBA (at 418, plus 58 playoff games). It's been over 9 seasons since we've failed to sellout a game.

Tell me how the Cowboys fair in our ****** little market? Oh right, still the second most valuable franchise in the world despite the fact they haven't done anything of real value in over a decade. Clearly, Dallas can do just fine in the whole market thing. Otherwise other NFL teams would have surpassed them by now. (Not that I'm trying to turn this in to a Cowboys thing, I'm just pointing out the whole idea that you have to go to New York or LA to be in the brightest spotlight is silly).

Rockice_8
02-27-2012, 10:37 AM
^^
Yeah DAL is a big market but that just goes to show you how big NY really is. DAL is a big market compared to other NBA teams but NY is the capital of the world. The no tax thing is nice for DAL but if Dwight goes to Brooklyn it won't matter his face will be on everything and in every commercial. He'll make 10 times what he'll make in DAL just on endorsements alone and pay the 8% tax or whatever won't even matter.

It really is crazy how much bigger NY is compared to everywhere else in the country.

oak2455
02-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Commercial for what??? Haven't seen Deron on any commercials and what did Rose get for signing with Adidas ?

Rockice_8
02-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Commercial for what??? Haven't seen Deron on any commercials and what did Rose get for signing with Adidas ?

Nobody's talking about Deron so why bring him up and the Nets aren't in Brooklyn yet. Deron has recently signed deals for Red Bull and Metro PCS.

Rose got a fat deal for Adidas cause him and Dwight are the faces of their shoes, they can't let them go to Nike.

Honestly I don't understand your post. Clearly I was exaggerating him being in every commercial but there's no denying that NY is 10 times the marketing area that DAL is. For someone who's "blocking trolls" then why make a troll post like that.

Wasn't Lebron supposed to get like a $50 mil bonus if he signed in NY in 2010. How can a Knicks fan not believe NY is the best market by far?

raiderfaninTX
02-27-2012, 11:17 AM
^^
Yeah DAL is a big market but that just goes to show you how big NY really is. DAL is a big market compared to other NBA teams but NY is the capital of the world. The no tax thing is nice for DAL but if Dwight goes to Brooklyn it won't matter his face will be on everything and in every commercial. He'll make 10 times what he'll make in DAL just on endorsements alone and pay the 8% tax or whatever won't even matter.

It really is crazy how much bigger NY is compared to everywhere else in the country.

well in ny the state income tax is what maybe 9-10 % for their income

in txes their state income tax is 0

now add in their cost of living with house values and property taxes
and they will proably take a yearly hit of 16-20%

of their income

and in texas if you add it all up they are taking maybe 4-5 %

so if Dallas can afford it and thats a big if from a financial stand point it makes sense for dwight to be in texas or stay in orlando where in florida it is close to texas on taxes

Chill_Will_24
02-27-2012, 11:57 AM
well in ny the state income tax is what maybe 9-10 % for their income

in txes their state income tax is 0

now add in their cost of living with house values and property taxes
and they will proably take a yearly hit of 16-20%

of their income

and in texas if you add it all up they are taking maybe 4-5 %

so if Dallas can afford it and thats a big if from a financial stand point it makes sense for dwight to be in texas or stay in orlando where in florida it is close to texas on taxes

The tax is 8% and only applies for home games anyway so DAL and their state tax is way overblown. Its only an advantage for home games.

DAL just wont compete with Brooklyn if its about the market.

(cue Oak coming in here saying how Brooklyn is nothing compared to Manhattan :bla:)

Dallas first has to move Marion before we can even have this conversation. i love when fans of teams assume that players will take pay cuts to play in their teams.

Brooklyn is where Deron and Dwight wanna be now and come summer time why would that change if the Nets are the ONLY team on Dwight's list that could afford them both at their max money. Not to mention they keep all the assets they would have traded had they traded for Dwight as opposed to signed him including a top 5 pick and another early first rounder courtesy of HOU.

Im biased but i definitely dont see Dallas enticing these guys basketball wise as much as the Nets could and DAL definitely doesnt hold a cndle to NY as far as marketability and off court potential.

Guess we will see

Young2Kinsler
02-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Not saying it will happen, but just heard a great conversation on the radio. If Dallas can move Marion, then amnesty Haywood, we will have the cap room to sign both Deron and Dwight. The money terms they were talking about were Deron at about 17.2 mil a year, and Dwight at 18.7 mil a year.

waveycrockett
02-28-2012, 04:05 PM

Do you see Pau Gasol in any commericials? Or Amar'e? Or Melo? You can't compare allstar players to superstars like LeBron and Dwight have wayyy more popularity. And is the DRose comment you trying to be funny? Dude got 250 MILLION from Adidas.

boolish
02-28-2012, 04:06 PM
dwill is not going to give up $30m and a year on his deal to go play in Dallas. I am still waiting for a max player to opt out and become a FA and leave all that money on the table. bron bosh and melo and cp3 were sign and trades. why do you think superstars ask for Trades instead of just simply opting out? why is DH asking for a trade? because if it's a trade he gets the $30m and longer deal.

H.E.R.
03-03-2012, 03:17 PM
"No Chance" Marion is moved this month.
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-120302-03/weekend-dime-half-century-later-wilt-100-stands-tallest

Right side, Number 4. Dwight (first year max starts near $19 million) and Deron ($17 million) in Dallas would be taking a first-year paycut with everyone gone, but Dirk ($20,907,128) and 11 empty roster spot capholds ($5,209,644). Add in Marion's next year salary alone ($8,646,364) and any hope (which wasn't much to begin with) of the whole 3D craze is crushed.

thephoenixson28
03-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Suns should make a move for howard and gordon. Resign nash and hill. Move Gortat at PF

Pg.Nash
Sg.Gordon
Sf.Hill
Pf.Gortat
C.Howard