PDA

View Full Version : All Star Game Idea

LongIslandIcedZ
02-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Anyone else bored of the East vs West thing?

I was thinking, with nobody caring about All Star weekend at all a change could be made. What if they took a page out the NHL's book and made two captains and had them pick teams.

Imagine if Kobe was a captain and picked Wade or Bosh.

Lebron picked Gasol or Bynum

I think it would invigorate a lot of energy into the game, especially if it was Lebron and Kobe

LongIslandIcedZ
02-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Oh man, I was excited somoene actually responded to my thread, but it was one of those weird copy trolls. Ouch town.

Birdmannn
02-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Imagine if Kobe was a captain and picked Wade or Bosh.

Whats the point of people making these accounts?

All star game is a bit foolish anyways so I dont care who their team mates are.

LongIslandIcedz you should just watch the Olympics this year will be much more enjoyable.

Hester23Jordan
02-24-2012, 01:26 PM
I think that would cool to see captains picking teams but they also might be biased and their would be some big time snubs.

What about instead of a Rook/Soph games, they did a game between an all rookies team and a team of veterans 35+. I think that would be fun to watch. Youth vs. Experience.

Irving
Rubio
Brooks
Williams
Vucevic

Kidd
Allen
Hill
Duncan
Wallace

I'm not going to look into all the players that are over 35 but I think that would be fun to watch.

Hellcrooner
02-24-2012, 01:29 PM
what needs to be done is a 4 team Asg tournament, Semis one day 3rd spot game and finals the other day.

Team Usa / Vs Nba Foreigners / Vs Team Euroleague / Vs Team Ncaa

Birdmannn
02-24-2012, 01:34 PM
what needs to be done is a 4 team Asg tournament, Semis one day 3rd spot game and finals the other day.

Team Usa / Vs Nba Foreigners / Vs Team Euroleague / Vs Team Ncaa

I liked your first idea, your second would just show the huge difference in talent between American born players and out of towners.:D

Hellcrooner
02-24-2012, 01:38 PM
I liked your first idea, your second would just show the huge difference in talent between American born players and out of towners.:D

dont be so sure, i mean it smore than probable than Usa team and Nba foreigners team oust Ncaa team and euroleague team with a certain ease.

But if you think Nash/Manu/Dirk/Pau/Marc with Parker/Rudy F/Nene/Bogut/Barbosa/diaw/rubio or whatever cant defeat team usa you are wrong, i mean Team Spain almost did it wihtouth the dirks and manus

Birdmannn
02-24-2012, 01:44 PM
dont be so sure, i mean it smore than probable than Usa team and Nba foreigners team oust Ncaa team and euroleague team with a certain ease.

But if you think Nash/Manu/Dirk/Pau/Marc with Parker/Rudy F/Nene/Bogut/Barbosa/diaw/rubio or whatever cant defeat team usa you are wrong, i mean Team Spain almost did it wihtouth the dirks and manus

True true, these are all still great players.
Might be just me but i find a lot of foreign players have high IQs about the game and rely a lot less on speed and explosiveness.

OA SLAY
02-24-2012, 01:46 PM
I'd lIke to see a HOFers game added to the Saturday afternoon
See what the old guys still got

Hellcrooner
02-24-2012, 01:47 PM
I'd lIke to see a HOFers game added to the Saturday afternoon
See what the old guys still got

yep id rather have that over 3pshotting , dunks and skilss thing.