PDA

View Full Version : Is this years heat the best team since the 95-96 bulls?

raiderfaninTX
02-24-2012, 12:08 PM
I have not seen a team with this much speed and physical play in awhile maybe not sense the lakers run with shaq and kobe on the team.

I think they are even better than them.

So my question to you is in the title, your going to have to provide some good analysis so take off the hater shades for a bit and provide some strong arguments to why or why not.

Is there really any team beating the heat right now 4 of 7, i dont think so.

So Is this years heat the best team since the 95-96 bulls ?

and no do not mistake this for me asking are they as good as them because anyone with some sense knows that is not the truth

Raps18-19 Champ
02-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Man these Heat threads are annoying.

Sly Guy
02-24-2012, 12:15 PM
no, I think the lakers with Kobe and Shaq were better. Even with their infighting, the talent on that roster was as good if not better, and the pieces on the floor were better compliments of each other.

Da Knicks
02-24-2012, 12:16 PM
They would have to win a championship first...

Sly Guy
02-24-2012, 12:17 PM
They would have to win a championship first...
well put.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-24-2012, 12:19 PM
They have to win first. With a team that talented, if they dont win a ring, the season is a failure.

AntiG
02-24-2012, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't say that they are better than the 2007-08 Celtics, who destroyed everyone in their path, but they are certainly a great team.

CHANGO
02-24-2012, 12:22 PM
:sigh:

There we go.

Me and Mr. T
02-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Comparing this Heat team to the greatest NBA team of all-time is hilarious.

haggis
02-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Short answer, no.

Avenged
Maybe? Hard to tell since the season is barely at the halfway point. And we won't even have a full season so probably not.

raiderfaninTX
Comparing this Heat team to the greatest NBA team of all-time is hilarious.

omfg lol I knew one guys reading comprehension was going to be thrown out the window with this thread.

:clap::clap::clap: you had to be that guy

MTL_123
02-24-2012, 12:29 PM
wat a surprise a knick fan making a thread about the heat :facepalm:

Baller1
02-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Well the Thunder and Bulls have been just as dominant in my opinion...

BigBlueCrew
02-24-2012, 12:32 PM

the op said he wasnt a knicks fan..geez

BigBlueCrew
02-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Sure they could be the best team since the 95-96 Bulls

all that said Heat could go undefeated for the rest of the season, but it wouldn't matter if they dont finish it off with a championship it doesnt mean squat

Dade County
02-24-2012, 12:37 PM
The HEAT have to win it all this year..... then we can talk about this stuff.

KingPosey
02-24-2012, 12:40 PM
No, because any bulls team in that 3peat was better.

uptown0364
02-24-2012, 12:43 PM
A banged up Bulls team is 1/2 game behind them and the Thunder have the same record. Don't confuse a dominating hot streak for the best team ever.

69centers
02-24-2012, 12:45 PM
We haven't even finished the year yet, and it's a short year.

raiderfaninTX
02-24-2012, 12:45 PM

wow this is the most hilarious post I have ever read.

because I stood up for jeremy lin I am now a knicks fan.

I actually root for the heat so please just stop typing, the nba forum really is the most ridiculous place on this site you think there would be a little more policing of it.

But the mods do a better job with the baseball and football forums.

--23--
02-24-2012, 12:49 PM
.....No

Pierzynski4Prez
02-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Man, I must have been in a coma when this Heat team had won the finals.

ghettosean
02-24-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm really starting to hate these heat threads but the answer is hell no...

The Bulls took the league by storm that year and everyone... EVERYONE was watching the bulls that season. They also went 72-10 and won a title so no they heat are not holding a candle to the bulls since they already lost 7 games in a shortened season and they are not even the best team in the league right now record wise (they are in the east).

Stupid question and stupid thread.

gwrighter
02-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Maybe? Hard to tell since the season is barely at the halfway point. And we won't even have a full season so probably not.

This, whatever happens needs to have an * beside it.

Slimsim
02-24-2012, 01:02 PM
There defense is legendary. They are on another tier that no other team can reach

Slimsim
02-24-2012, 01:03 PM
The HEAT have to win it all this year..... then we can talk about this stuff.

you think any team can beat yours 4 times ?

Birdmannn
02-24-2012, 01:17 PM
you think any team can beat yours 4 times ?

No, but we only have to look back to last years finals to show how wrong that can be.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Man, I must have been in a coma when this Heat team had won the finals.

Their going for their second straigt, from what I've heard.

ChicagoJ
02-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Since the 96 bulls, no. Since the 98 bulls maybe, but that is yet to be seen.

nickdymez
02-24-2012, 01:33 PM

wow this is the most hilarious post I have ever read.

because I stood up for jeremy lin I am now a knicks fan.

I actually root for the heat so please just stop typing, the nba forum really is the most ridiculous place on this site you think there would be a little more policing of it.

But the mods do a better job with the baseball and football forums.

The nba forum mods are a joke.
Anyway, this team isnt better than the lakers 2nd championship team of the 3 peat. Shaq and a young kobe would beat this team in 6 at the most.

cubfan23
02-24-2012, 01:39 PM
like someone else has said, how can you even think about making a statement like that? I mean the Bulls who have been injured most of the year are only a half a game behind this team and OKC is right there to. The Heat its not like they are running away with the best record, so quit making annoying *** threads about the Heat and that isnt just towards you OP.

chitown85
02-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Anyway, this team isnt better than the lakers 2nd championship team of the 3 peat. Shaq and a young kobe would beat this team in 6 at the most.

Yep, and I believe ANY of the Jordan era championship teams would have beat this team. We are in a shortened season, and they are not that far ahead of the Bulls even though we have been banged up and without D Rose (the soul of our team) for a stretch. I give the heat props. But, I am not even sure if they can beat OKC at this point in a 7 game series. We are not even at the all-star break, lets suspend talking about this team in the same breath as one of the greatest teams in basketball history...

Mad props to the Heat though. They are playing some outstanding ball. Lets leave it at that.

celtNYpatsHeels
02-24-2012, 01:46 PM
I personally think the 02-03 spurs, 99-00 lakers, and 07-08 celtics were all better teams than the 11-12 heat

naps
02-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Intentional hate threads.

YoungOne
02-24-2012, 01:49 PM
no they have no size inside

CubbySwag313
02-24-2012, 01:51 PM
This is getting ridiculous....They havent won crap and for some reason these constant postings keep coming up....

Do you Heat fans like posting crap like this just cuz they have the "big three" on there team....It seems to me that heat fans just like bragging that they have Bosh, Wade, and James on there team more than anything else...

ichitownclowni
02-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Absoluely NOT

MagicHero3
02-24-2012, 01:56 PM
id brag about it too TBH especially when theyre playin this well

chitown85
02-24-2012, 02:01 PM
I would brag more if I was an OKC fan TBH. Without all of the hoopla and media circus they have a better record, and IMO could very well beat this team in a 7 game series. Not that it would happen in a million years, but I would take Kevin Durant on the Bulls over Prince James, Bosh, or Wade. Kevin Durant>Wade & Bosh IMO

Hawkeye15
02-24-2012, 02:04 PM
if they sail through the playoffs, crushing everything in sight, they are possibly moving ahead of that 2001 Lakers squad, but they need to do some serious damage in the playoffs before we start comparing them to the all time teams.

MagicHero3
I would brag more if I was an OKC fan TBH. Without all of the hoopla and media circus they have a better record, and IMO could very well beat this team in a 7 game series. Not that it would happen in a million years, but I would take Kevin Durant on the Bulls over Prince James, Bosh, or Wade. Kevin Durant>Wade & Bosh IMO

this makes sense. i dont see anyone the Heat getting 10 blocks in one game

Robbw241
Let them win the championship first before we starting placing them in history.

chitown85
And yes heat fans I mean Kevin Durant is better than both Bosh and Wade combined (Talent Wise).

chitown85
02-24-2012, 02:05 PM
this makes sense. i dont see anyone the Heat getting 10 blocks in one game

Exactly! I watched that game. It was ridiculous. Durant and Westbrook went off setting career highs, and it was a certified block party like no other I have ever seen!

Hawkeye15
02-24-2012, 02:07 PM

we don't even know what this Heat team will look like in the playoffs, so its foolish to predict both the Heat challenging the Bulls team or the Lakers beating up the Heat at this point.

Let the Heat prove they belong in the conversation with the all time great teams is the correct answer, not making statements that will never be proven.

CHANGO
02-24-2012, 02:10 PM
This is getting ridiculous....They havent won crap and for some reason these constant postings keep coming up....

Do you Heat fans like posting crap like this just cuz they have the "big three" on there team....It seems to me that heat fans just like bragging that they have Bosh, Wade, and James on there team more than anything else...

Heat fans? :eyebrow:

:laugh:

CHANGO
02-24-2012, 02:10 PM
And yes heat fans I mean Kevin Durant is better than both Bosh and Wade combined (Talent Wise).

Trolling so hard? :confused:

chitown85
02-24-2012, 02:14 PM

Nope. If you looked back at my last posts in this thread I gave the Heat props and said they are playing outstanding ball...I really could give a flying **** about the Heat TBH, I just think that some people need to come back to reality and put the pipe down for a second when they try to compare this team to one of the greatest of all time. The Durant statement is true. Not my opinion. It is true. And the rational person in you knows that Durant really is that good. Thanks and best regards Monkey:p

SportsFanatic10
02-24-2012, 02:15 PM

no they don't.

SportsFanatic10
02-24-2012, 02:15 PM

hahaha you're a joke. if that were true durant would be 10x better than rose.

shep33
02-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Shaq and Kobe Lakers in 2001 were ridiculous.

Bring The Heat
Nope. If you looked back at my last posts in this thread I gave the Heat props and said they are playing outstanding ball...I really could give a flying **** about the Heat TBH, I just think that some people need to come back to reality and put the pipe down for a second when they try to compare this team to one of the greatest of all time. The Durant statement is true. Not my opinion. It is true. And the rational person in you knows that Durant really is that good. Thanks and best regards Monkey:p

No it's an opinion... is it close? Maybe. Wade > Durant... Wade & Lebron are the 2 best players in the world. Wade is better than Durant because he dominates on both sides of the ball, especially defensively. The only thing I can say about Durant being better is his shooting. But everything else Wade is superior.

chitown85
no they don't.

Temporarily don't but this just happened. But, you don't see OKC fans starting ridiculous threads such as this, and you don't see OKC fans bragging about their team nearly as much. That was the point. Thanks.

chitown85
02-24-2012, 02:18 PM
No it's an opinion... is it close? Maybe. Wade > Durant... Wade & Lebron are the 2 best players in the world. Wade is better than Durant because he dominates on both sides of the ball, especially defensively. The only thing I can say about Durant being better is his shooting. But everything else Wade is superior.

Put the pipe down...

Baller1
02-24-2012, 02:18 PM

Comparing two players to one is obviously pointless and irrelevant, but for what it's worth, I think Durant has surpassed Wade.

I think the top three players in the league today are Lebron, Durant, and Paul.

chitown85
02-24-2012, 02:19 PM
hahaha you're a joke. if that were true durant would be 10x better than rose.

Durant would make Bosh his ***** , scared straight style. And, Wade better than Durant. Come on man.

TheRunKiller
02-24-2012, 02:21 PM
to the OP...Slap yourself

i'myourdaddy
02-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Shaq and Kobe Lakers and the wcf refs in 2001 were ridiculous.

heat can't even beat the 01-02 kings

Baller1
02-24-2012, 02:23 PM

Matt Moore of CBSSports:

ď...really quietly, Durantís become an elite defender. Heís allowing just 26 percent from the field in ISO situations according to Synergy Sports. Defense was a huge weakness in Durantís game over the past few seasons and heís really hit his stride this season. The Thunder arenít even that great defensively, Durant has just been individually incredible."

chitown85
02-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Comparing two players to one is obviously pointless and irrelevant, but for what it's worth, I think Durant has surpassed Wade.

Not any more pointless than this thread my friend. But, honestly just having fun with the heat fans. TBH though I would rather have Durant on my team than both Wade and Bosh. Just my opinion and maybe I am the only one.

Baller1
02-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Not any more pointless than this thread my friend. But, honestly just having fun with the heat fans. TBH though I would rather have Durant on my team than both Wade and Bosh. Just my opinion and maybe I am the only one.

I wasn't trying to take a shot at you. All I meant by that was there was no point of debating one player to two players. No harm, no foul.

chitown85
02-24-2012, 02:27 PM
I wasn't trying to take a shot at you. All I meant by that was there was no point of debating one player to two players. No harm, no foul.

Fair enough:)

LAKobeBryant
02-24-2012, 02:29 PM
accomplish something first before your called the great or the king or w/e you want it to be

naps
02-24-2012, 02:29 PM

Durant or Paul are not better than Wade. Not yet. Only player better than Wade is LeBron. Don't just look at the stats and come to the conclusion. Wade has been tearing it up since his comeback from the injury, People here usually live in the moment and thought Wade was declining...SMDH...

Baller1
02-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Durant or Paul are not better than Wade. Not yet. Only player better than Wade is LeBron. Don't just look at the stats and come to the conclusion. Wade has been tearing it up since his comeback from the injury, People here usually live in the moment and thought Wade was declining...SMDH...

Honestly, I wouldn't even blink an eye if anyone had Wade as the second best player in the league. Just personally, I think Durant has passed him.

Durant's weaknesses were defense and playmaking/facilitating. He's playing close to elite defense this season (as my previous post shows), and is averaging a career high in assists, being very close to multiple triple doubles this season.

Like I said, I have no problem whatsoever with preferring Wade though.

chitown85
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Kobe is better than Wade...Fair comparison considering SG TO SG

kozelkid
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Matt Moore of CBSSports:

Kevin Durant's development on defense and overall physique reminds me so much of what Luol does on defense.

I keep wondering how the hell their team d rating is so average. Makes me wonder what a good coach could do with this team and its talent. Just imagining Thibs or Collins coaching their defensive principles on this team.. :drool:

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-24-2012, 02:36 PM
1999-2000 Lakers and 2007-2008 Celtics say hello.

Baller1
02-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Kevin Durant's development on defense and overall physique reminds me so much of what Luol does on defense.

I keep wondering how the hell their team d rating is so average. Makes me wonder what a good coach could do with this team and its talent. Just imagining Thibs or Collins coaching their defensive principles on this team.. :drool:

You have no idea man, haha. Just about any coach in this league would be an upgrade over Brooks. He should be an assistant coach, not a head coach. I will forever respect him and the way he took over for Carlesimo in '09, but he needs to go. If we don't at least make it to the Finals this season, I hope Presti will recognize this.

Give us Ron Adams back!!!

KB-Pau-DH2012
And 2000-2001 Lakers weren't great regular season, but the greatest playoff team in NBA history. 15-1, and that was when Shaq and Kobe were truly dominant and 1a and 1b.

chitown85
Give King Kobe Lebron James and Chris Bosh watch what he does with it...LMFAO

chitown85
02-24-2012, 02:44 PM

Where does King Kobe fall into your talent analysis? Kobe is the truth man, I am not even a Lakers fan. But, come on. You would be hard pressed to explain (rationally) why Kobe is not better than Wade, always and even today. Like I said give Kobe, James and Bosh...championship.

kozelkid
02-24-2012, 02:45 PM
You have no idea man, haha. Just about any coach in this league would be an upgrade over Brooks. He should be an assistant coach, not a head coach. I will forever respect him and the way he took over for Carlesimo in '09, but he needs to go. If we don't at least make it to the Finals this season, I hope Presti will recognize this.

Pretty much. It's amazing how many people are on the false pretense of assuming Brooks is a great coach cause of his COY aware and how quickly OKC rose to the top with him taking over PJ.

But watching Memphis and Dallas give OKC absolute fits in the half-court last postseason was what really sealed the fact that Brooks is very mediocre at best and what could ultimately hold OKC back from winning it this year. Honestly, I've said it before, but I think OKC has to hope to God that they don't face a halfcourt, defensive team like Portland in the first round (granted they've played an unusually fast pace this season), because I could see them giving OKC fits.

Wouldn't surprise me if Sloan were to choose to coach there. Nice, small-market team without the egos that Sloan surely despises. What he could do with that offensive talent is just frightening.

Give us Ron Adams back!!!

NEVER.

CHANGO
02-24-2012, 02:45 PM

I'm fine with your opinion, but he said Wade AND Bosh, I know he was trolling but well... :D

I think Wade is better tho, he plays in both sides of the court. But is close. Anyway, like you wrote comparing two players in two different roles, teams, and positions is irrelevant. Let's just enjoy this while it lasts.

DaBUU
02-24-2012, 02:49 PM
97-98 Bulls would still whoop up on this Heat team, so No

HrtHustleNMscle
02-24-2012, 03:07 PM
I have not seen a team with this much speed and physical play in awhile maybe not sense the lakers run with shaq and kobe on the team.

I think they are even better than them.

So my question to you is in the title, your going to have to provide some good analysis so take off the hater shades for a bit and provide some strong arguments to why or why not.

Is there really any team beating the heat right now 4 of 7, i dont think so.

So Is this years heat the best team since the 95-96 bulls ?

and no do not mistake this for me asking are they as good as them because anyone with some sense knows that is not the truth

That would mean they are better than the 96/97 Bulls and the 97/98 Bulls which were for the most part the same teams as the 95/96 Bulls. So, no they are not. And as of right now I wouldn't put them above any of the Kobe/Shaq Lakers until they actually win something.

Heediot
02-24-2012, 03:11 PM
If they win a Ship this year, MAYBE you can ask the question then. Let's wait it out.

Baller1
02-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Pretty much. It's amazing how many people are on the false pretense of assuming Brooks is a great coach cause of his COY aware and how quickly OKC rose to the top with him taking over PJ.

But watching Memphis and Dallas give OKC absolute fits in the half-court last postseason was what really sealed the fact that Brooks is very mediocre at best and what could ultimately hold OKC back from winning it this year. Honestly, I've said it before, but I think OKC has to hope to God that they don't face a halfcourt, defensive team like Portland in the first round (granted they've played an unusually fast pace this season), because I could see them giving OKC fits.

Wouldn't surprise me if Sloan were to choose to coach there. Nice, small-market team without the egos that Sloan surely despises. What he could do with that offensive talent is just frightening.

NEVER.

Sloan. :drool: I've talked about him in the Thunder forum. That's my dream scenario.

Then give us Thibs, you don't don't need both.

I'm fine with your opinion, but he said Wade AND Bosh, I know he was trolling but well... :D

I think Wade is better tho, he plays in both sides of the court. But is close. Anyway, like you wrote comparing two players in two different roles, teams, and positions is irrelevant. Let's just enjoy this while it lasts.

:cheers:

HrtHustleNMscle
02-24-2012, 03:12 PM

Durant is better than Wade, and stats are kind of what we look at to keep track of how good someone is. I don't believe stats are the ONLY thing you look at, but when comparing players of that caliber and that close to each other in talent level you pretty much have to use stats. And I hate to break it to you but getting injured more often for longer stints is pretty much the definition of declining. It's tough to be great if you aren't healthy and on the court.

NoahH
02-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Best team since the Bulls with mj

justinnum1
02-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Durant is better than Wade, and stats are kind of what we look at to keep track of how good someone is. I don't believe stats are the ONLY thing you look at, but when comparing players of that caliber and that close to each other in talent level you pretty much have to use stats. And I hate to break it to you but getting injured more often for longer stints is pretty much the definition of declining. It's tough to be great if you aren't healthy and on the court.

really?
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics

justinnum1
02-24-2012, 03:25 PM
If they win a Ship this year, MAYBE you can ask the question then. Let's wait it out.

And this.

ghettosean
02-24-2012, 03:27 PM
to the OP...Slap yourself
:laugh2:

nickdymez
02-24-2012, 03:32 PM
we don't even know what this Heat team will look like in the playoffs, so its foolish to predict both the Heat challenging the Bulls team or the Lakers beating up the Heat at this point.

Let the Heat prove they belong in the conversation with the all time great teams is the correct answer, not making statements that will never be proven.

What was the Bulls regular season record that year? Im thinking the op is referring to the whole body of work for the season and not just the playoffs. Even still, the lakers lost ONE playoff game that year. Im willing to bet the heat will lose more than that. I'll sig bet that.

Audubon
02-24-2012, 03:35 PM
The Celtic team that just won the ring a few years back would have beat this team and that was just a few years ago. Historically...not even close.

Huss-O-Lin
02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Better then the bulls? No.. Better then the lakers from 2000-2005? **** NO!

The heat are a "GOOD" team. The lakers appeared in 4 of the 5 NBA finals from 2000-2005 and won 3 of the 4, and the bulls won the finals and 70+ games. The Miami Heat will go down as the "All Hype Team" even if they do win some championships. I see them winning 1 finals as a threesome, 2 at MOST. Go suck a D*** you lame, this is what's wrong with our generation people have EVERYthing twisted even sports haa

whitemamba33
02-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Who on Miami is going to guard early 00's Shaq?

Please don't say Bosh. Bosh couldn't even guard late 00's Shaq.

And let me just say, I lose respect for anybody who compares a team after a half a season to teams that have won multiple championships.

nickdymez
02-24-2012, 03:41 PM
The Celtic team that just won the ring a few years back would have beat this team and that was just a few years ago. Historically...not even close.

This.

That celtic team was tough as nails. That would have been epic to see though..

nickdymez
02-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Who on Miami is going to guard early 00's Shaq?

Please don't say Bosh. Bosh couldn't even guard late 00's Shaq.

And let me just say, I lose respect for anybody who compares a team after a half a season to teams that have won multiple championships.

Some people here love Lebron so much that they will say Lebron could have guarded Shaq. But thats the X factor. This Heat team is nice though, but still not quite complete enough to be put up with the greats.

MagicHero3
02-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Better then the bulls? No.. Better then the lakers from 2000-2005? **** NO!

The heat are a "GOOD" team. The lakers appeared in 4 of the 5 NBA finals from 2000-2005 and won 3 of the 4, and the bulls won the finals and 70+ games. The Miami Heat will go down as the "All Hype Team" even if they do win some championships. I see them winning 1 finals as a threesome, 2 at MOST. Go suck a D*** you lame, this is what's wrong with our generation people have EVERYthing twisted even sports haa

wow.
i think you need some type of stress relief that doesnt make u look like a crazy little man.

how are the Heat a "GOOD" team? theyre friggin GREAT! they are setting records right now for most games won in a row by double digits and they made it to the finals the first year they were together. i think theyve already proven their worthiness.

jammastershake
02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
this thread is a joke. the have the same record as the thunder and are only a half game better than Chicago, who has played a bunch of games without Rose. Some could argue that the Heat are only the 3rd best team THIS season.

Getting UGGLA
02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Here we go again. Comparing 3 massive egos to a dominant Championship team from a much more awesome era of basketball. How many rings have the Heat won with The Three AmEgo's??? That's right. Call me when "King James" has 6.

Bruno
02-24-2012, 04:28 PM
the heatles can make a claim to being better than the 2001 lakers when they sweep the playoffs.

OC Knights #11
02-24-2012, 04:34 PM
I hate the Heat and their cocky fans. Take a look at the current standings. The Heat are still only tied with the Thunder for the best record in the league. So are the Thunder the best team since the 96 Bulls? No. Neither are the Heat.

Win a championship with LeCocky James first then come back and will talk about comparing the Heat to the 90's Bulls teams.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2012, 04:35 PM
the heatles can make a claim to being better than the 2001 lakers when they sweep the playoffs.

I don't know if they necessarily have to do that, but they need to absolutely dominate every series they play in the playoffs to be talked about like that team. I mean, the 2001 Lakers are not as good as that 72 win Bulls team, or possibly the 86' Celtics, but they made a great run in the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2012, 04:36 PM
I hate the Heat and their cocky fans. Take a look at the current standings. The Heat are still only tied with the Thunder for the best record in the league. So are the Thunder the best team since the 96 Bulls? No. Neither are the Heat.

Win a championship with LeCocky James first then come back and will talk about comparing the Heat to the 90's Bulls teams.

the second statement is right on. Honestly guys, this is literally the stupidest subject to bring up. Win a championship first.

I take that back, there are far stupider things to talk about, its the NBA forum.

OC Knights #11
02-24-2012, 04:37 PM
wow.
i think you need some type of stress relief that doesnt make u look like a crazy little man.

how are the Heat a "GOOD" team? theyre friggin GREAT! they are setting records right now for most games won in a row by double digits and they made it to the finals the first year they were together. i think theyve already proven their worthiness.

Congrats it's only Feb

Congrats maybe if Lecocky James promised not 5, not 6, not 7..... championship appearances then maybe your comment would hold water, but it doesn't.

nastynati
02-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Not a chance.. Early 2000 Lakers would run this team... Joel Anthony on Shaq?

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Not a chance.. Early 2000 Lakers would run this team... Joel Anthony on Shaq?

Young prime Kobe (not as great offensively back then) would shut down Wade and would make LeBron work. Lakers veterans like Shaw, Harper, A.C. Green/Horace Grant, Fox and Horry would make Heat veterans like Haslem, Miller and Battier look like rookies.

justinnum1
02-24-2012, 04:44 PM
:yawn: these threads are getting old

C_Mund
02-24-2012, 04:58 PM

I'm definitely not a wizard with advanced stats, but I'd guess that it has something to do with the pg constantly going to the rim. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing when you have Westbrook, but that gives the opposition chances for leak-outs and odd-man situations.
Is that the only reason? Obviously not and I'm sure there's statistical analysis to prove it. That's just something I see in the few games I've watched this year

kozelkid
02-24-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm definitely not a wizard with advanced stats, but I'd guess that it has something to do with the pg constantly going to the rim. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing when you have Westbrook, but that gives the opposition chances for leak-outs and odd-man situations.
Is that the only reason? Obviously not and I'm sure there's statistical analysis to prove it. That's just something I see in the few games I've watched this year

You can't say that it's any less with teams with elite defenses like Bulls or Miami. Especially Miami who takes literally ANY opportunity to have its players leak out. Hence the consistent highlight plays and full court passes.

They're average because it stems from coaching, which is kinda sad considering they have good to great defenders at pretty much EVERY position.

Baller1
02-24-2012, 05:51 PM

You're pretty much spot on. That, and the turnovers. OKC turns it over like CRAZY, so I'm sure that messed with the defensive numbers as well.

k.smith904
02-24-2012, 05:56 PM
can these clowns win a title before we call them the best ever?

Sir Buckets
02-24-2012, 06:18 PM
this thread is a joke. the have the same record as the thunder and are only a half game better than Chicago, who has played a bunch of games without Rose. Some could argue that the Heat are only the 3rd best team THIS season.
Thank you. Next.

What a joke.

MJ-BULLS
02-24-2012, 06:24 PM
:laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bring The Heat
02-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Although we've been on a tear lately, I agree with almost everyone. We need to win it all and prove it.

Let's be honest when we play to our full potential, no one can beat us in a 7 game series. But that's an if, because nothing is guaranteed in sports. You have to go out an execute and if Miami does we will have a ring.

SwatTeam
02-24-2012, 07:01 PM
todays miami heat play above the rim, larry bird couldn't even reach the rim.

theheatles
02-24-2012, 07:24 PM
LeBron is going to win the championship this year and he'll gain the necessary powers to destroy earth and all of mankind on december 21

ThunderousDemon
02-24-2012, 07:29 PM
LeBron is going to win the championship this year and he'll gain the necessary powers to destroy earth and all of mankind on december 21

:crazy: :bla:

Bruno
02-24-2012, 07:33 PM
I don't know if they necessarily have to do that, but they need to absolutely dominate every series they play in the playoffs to be talked about like that team. I mean, the 2001 Lakers are not as good as that 72 win Bulls team, or possibly the 86' Celtics, but they made a great run in the playoffs.

it was the greatest run in playoff history, by record. i'd take the 2001 Lakers over the 86 Celtics. the heat have a lot of work to do, in the playoffs before they can even enter the discussion of dynasties like the 80's celtics, 90's bulls, or 2000's Lakers.

VRP723
02-24-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm not saying they are or aren't, but to everyone saying "they have to win first", that's not true. The best teams don't always win. Are the negative pythag Giants better than the Patriots? Not even close.

Bruno
02-24-2012, 07:35 PM
they need three to even qualify for the greatest dynasty debate.

koberulesall
02-24-2012, 08:00 PM
no

wjmoffatt
02-24-2012, 08:03 PM
umm NOOOO. They have 7 losses already, that's not even close to being up there. OKC has the same record, played 8 more teams above .500, so why are they not getting any love?

DaBear
02-24-2012, 08:19 PM
This thread is a joke, just like the guy who made it.

Even if you had said since the 00 Lakers, I would have told you the same thing.

justinnum1
02-24-2012, 08:20 PM
If the heat beat the celtics, knicks, bulls, and OKC all not going more than 5 than they would have a legit argument for having one of the best seasons in a long time. But this thread is to soon.

LGhost
02-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Is this years heat the best team since the 95-96 bulls?

Strange I just was gonna post a thread titled " Is this years Thunder the best team since the 95-96 Bulls? "

bklynny67
02-24-2012, 08:41 PM
LOL good try on a thread. They haven't even won anything yet.

Longhornfan1234
02-24-2012, 08:43 PM
It depends if Lebron can carry injury prone Tyrone for multiple playoff series.

justinnum1
02-24-2012, 08:51 PM
It depends if Lebron can carry injury prone Tyrone for multiple playoff series.

:yawn:

Longhornfan1234
02-24-2012, 08:52 PM
:yawn:

AnthonyTyrael
02-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Some Spurs & Lakers teams were better imo. Miami is great, might get to their champioships this year but they're sometimes still inconsistent, they're lightheaded... not talking about a stretch of games, just about a single one. Their cast could be still better, sure it has improved compared to last season, well... let's wait.

DR_1
02-24-2012, 10:04 PM
:laugh: What a stupid thread.

Afridi786
02-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Wrong thread...
Yeah...this thread is lame.

HouRealCoach
02-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Idk but there are the 2004 Pistons, 2000 Lakers, 2008 Celtics, 2009 Lakers & 2005 Spurs

justinnum1
02-24-2012, 10:47 PM

good idea, wouldn't want you to get a ban:eyebrow:

Kyben36
02-24-2012, 10:49 PM
what I dont understand is how the heat can be this good, when they arnt even better than the Thunder, and only a .5 game ahead of the bulls. if they were that dominate dont you think they would be amazingly ahead right now. not to say they arnt a good team, but this talk is anoying how every week we talk about how great the heat are. they still dont have a C, and Bosh disapears in alot of games. is there team good, yes, but The bulls greatness did not just come from Jordon or Tallent, it also came from coaching and system ( phil jackson was a great coach) I dont see the heat as having that at all.

JordansBulls
02-24-2012, 11:04 PM
A banged up Bulls team is 1/2 game behind them and the Thunder have the same record. Don't confuse a dominating hot streak for the best team ever.

This. Not like they are running away with the best record or not like the C's did in 2008 with a 8 game lead over everyone else.

evadatam5150
02-24-2012, 11:13 PM
omfg lol I knew one guys reading comprehension was going to be thrown out the window with this thread.

:clap::clap::clap: you had to be that guy

You should be applauding yourself for opening such a ridiculous thread and not having it locked.. Here's an idea, why don't you get off your bandwagon for a second long enough to understand that in a shortened season with only half the games played and no team having won a title yet it's pretty damn hard to compare and then crown this Heat team as one of the best since the Bulls of the 90's..

celmxc
02-24-2012, 11:23 PM
1. umm... no ... the 95-96 bulls team won a championship... and even if the HEat win a championship this year ... it will have an asterisk ( a shortened season)... the only way to be better than that Bulls team the heat will have to win 73 games next season and win a championship
2. Disrespecting the Bulls ... they can hold their own against the heat ... enough to beat the heat in a series one reason is because they have one guy who has a chance to defend Lebron ... Luol Deng
3. The Best team since the bulls are the Kobe-Shaq Lakers and Duncan Spurs ( both teams have won multiple chips