PDA

View Full Version : Most surprising team?

rockets-fan
02-24-2012, 05:25 AM
What team has surprised you the most? It can be because you expected them to be bad and they're doing surprisingly good (i.e Wolves,Rockets ect.) or because you expected them to be good and they're not doing as expected (i.e knicks(early on/pre-lin),lakers maybe)? Thoughts??

Raph12
02-24-2012, 07:05 AM
Has to be the Spurs, most people had them falling off significantly and in the same boat as the Celts, now some are picking them to come out of the West...

todu82
02-24-2012, 10:04 AM
It's the Spurs for me as well. Really thought they'd fall off this season. Yet they're playing some of the best basketball they've played in years.

Celticsfan2007
02-24-2012, 11:23 AM
It's gotta be the Wolve's for me. The emergence of Ricky Rubio and the continued development of Kevin Love is really fun to watch. Throw Derrick Williams and Nikola Pekovic in there too? :drool:

Bigus Dogus
02-24-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm a wolves fan, and have been surprised by them, but I expected improvement. It has to be the Spurs, especially since Manu has missed so many games for them. Pop may be the best coach that ever walked an NBA floor.

Vincent
02-24-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't know how this isn't the NY Knicks.

They play awful to start the year, after lofty expectations of being a 3rd seed.

When it hits their lowest point, Amar'e misses games, Melo misses games, all seems to be lost...

and Jeremy Lin comes out of nowhere and leads them back into the playoff picture.

Corey
02-24-2012, 11:44 AM
The Hawks, for me. I thought they were dead in the water when Horford went down.

Same with the Grizz and ZBo.

I knew San Antonio would be good if they could stay healthy...But not quite THIS good.

AntiG
02-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Celtics, for being THIS toothless. Yes, they are aging rapidly, but they are now getting whipped by Detroit.

MagicHero3
02-24-2012, 12:29 PM
philly and indy

Lumber Puppy
02-24-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm a wolves fan, and have been surprised by them, but I expected improvement. It has to be the Spurs, especially since Manu has missed so many games for them. Pop may be the best coach that ever walked an NBA floor.

Improvement? Are you kidding me?! It took us 34 games to with 17 games this season. It took us 82 games to win 17 games last season...Is that improvement? What did you expect with 2 weeks of training camp, a new coach, and a new point guard?

JC_
02-24-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't know how this isn't the NY Knicks.

They play awful to start the year, after lofty expectations of being a 3rd seed.

When it hits their lowest point, Amar'e misses games, Melo misses games, all seems to be lost...

and Jeremy Lin comes out of nowhere and leads them back into the playoff picture.

For me it's the Knicks. To me they were terribad and I didn't expect them to be where they are in the standings.

ghettosean
02-24-2012, 01:26 PM
The Wizards... They have good talent but just a bunch of delinquents and even knowing that I didn't expect them to be this bad (and bad is an understatment).

Coach gets fired, Javale doesn't know what the hell is going on half the time, Wall currently is pissed at Charles because he was picked 12th by Charles in the Rookie/Sophmore game tonight. Blatche is still on the team...

Lets be straight no one thought they were going to be that great but not the worst team in the league.

ghettosean
02-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Also I'll name Knicks with Lin and the Spurs looking like an elite team as 2 runner ups.

kozelkid
02-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Has to be the Spurs, most people had them falling off significantly and in the same boat as the Celts, now some are picking them to come out of the West...

Not a bad choice, particularly with Duncan continuing to fall off and with Manu's injuries. Shows what a legendary coach Pops is...

pacersfan1967
02-24-2012, 01:42 PM
What team has surprised you the most? It can be because you expected them to be bad and they're doing surprisingly good (i.e Wolves,Rockets ect.) or because you expected them to be good and they're not doing as expected (i.e knicks(early on/pre-lin),lakers maybe)? Thoughts?? Indiana Pacers.....why.......third best team in the eastern conference 21 -12...well probley have around 40 wins...:dance::dance::clap:::cheer:

celtNYpatsHeels
02-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Good surprises - Cavs, Wolves, Spurs, 76ers

Bad surprises - Blazers, Celtics, Suns, Nuggets (post injuries)

Bigus Dogus
02-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Improvement? Are you kidding me?! It took us 34 games to with 17 games this season. It took us 82 games to win 17 games last season...Is that improvement? What did you expect with 2 weeks of training camp, a new coach, and a new point guard?

To be honest, I cant tell what you are upset about. I thought the wolves would win 30 games this year, and they are on pace to win a few more than that, though if they keep running Pek and Love and Rubio for 40 minutes a game, they might not win 30. If you are upset that I am not more surprised by the wolves, I am genuinely sorry that I have let you down. I had pretty high expectations for them.

If you are upset that the level of my surprise with respect to the Spurs is greater than it is with respect to the Wolves, I can't help you there. I think the Spurs having the second best record in the west with Manu playing 9 games is pretty GD surprising.

If you are upset that someone's opinion is different than yours, you may want to find some place other than the NBA forum, because you will just get upset.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2012, 02:15 PM
To be honest, I cant tell what you are upset about. I thought the wolves would win 30 games this year, and they are on pace to win a few more than that, though if they keep running Pek and Love and Rubio for 40 minutes a game, they might not win 30. If you are upset that I am not more surprised by the wolves, I am genuinely sorry that I have let you down. I had pretty high expectations for them.

If you are upset that the level of my surprise with respect to the Spurs is greater than it is with respect to the Wolves, I can't help you there. I think the Spurs having the second best record in the west with Manu playing 9 games is pretty GD surprising.

If you are upset that someone's opinion is different than yours, you may want to find some place other than the NBA forum, because you will just get upset.

upsetting post.

Kashmir13579
02-24-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm never surprised when the Spurs are good.

Bigus Dogus
02-24-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm never surprised when the Spurs are good.

And it is not surprising, and I am not surprised, that people smarter than I am are not surprised by the Spurs. ;)

PacersForLife
02-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Everybody is saying the Spurs, but has everyone forgot that they finished with the best record in the West last year and got beat by the 8th seed Grizzlies in the first round?

Good Surprises: Cavs, Indiana, Philly
Bad Surprises: Wizards, Celtics

Lumber Puppy
02-24-2012, 03:21 PM

Ha, I am not upset, I was just wondering what your expectations were for the Wolves' improvement this year, and that's the answer I got. So Thank You. No one is upset here, it's 25 degrees outside with solid cloud cover and bone chilling wind. All smiles here in Minny :)

kdspurman
02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Not a bad choice, particularly with Duncan continuing to fall off and with Manu's injuries. Shows what a legendary coach Pops is...

Timmy has actually been pretty solid. He's only playing 27-28 mpg and putting up 14/9 while stilling getting almost 2 blocks a game. That's about all we can ask of him with limited minutes.

Bench play has been key.

kdspurman
02-24-2012, 03:50 PM
I'd have to say Minny, Pacers, and this might sound crazy but Miami. I personally did not know what their mind set would be like after that finals lost last year, and kind of expected them to coast through just waiting for the playoffs, but their sense of urgency seems to be there.

Kashmir13579
02-24-2012, 03:57 PM
And it is not surprising, and I am not surprised, that people smarter than I am are not surprised by the Spurs. ;)

wait, what?

PacersForLife
02-24-2012, 06:34 PM
I'd have to say Minny, Pacers, and this might sound crazy but Miami. I personally did not know what their mind set would be like after that finals lost last year, and kind of expected them to coast through just waiting for the playoffs, but their sense of urgency seems to be there.

Yeah I expected the Heat to be a lot better, but they are just completely dominating the league.

mzgrizz
02-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Spurs has been so good after last years's early exit, but then again, they ARE the Spurs
My Grizzlies have surprised me with their resilience after ZBo going down. Hovering in a playoff race in the WC without him has been a rather pleasant surprise.

LakersIn5
02-25-2012, 01:45 PM
celtics, spurs, rockets

wjmoffatt
02-25-2012, 02:09 PM
1.) Heat- a little below what i thought, figured they'd only have 6 losses right now.:speechless:
2.) Bulls- right on pace
3.) Pacers- Thought they'd be the four seed, a little better than expected.:cool:
4.) Magic- Thought Dwight would be gone so to be continued.....:cry:
5.) Philly- Thought they'd be the 3 seed so below expectations:eyebrow:
6.) Hawks- Thought they'd be the 5 seed, below expectations
7.) Boston- has had injuries so up in the air still:confused:
8.) Knicks- thought they'd be the 6 seed, below expectations!:facepalm:

WEST
1.) Thunder- right around expectations, thought they'd have the best record in the NBA:cool:
2.) Spurs- Way above expecations, thought they'd be the 6 seed.:clap:
3.) Clippers- Right at expectations, thought they'd be the 2 seed and be the only team that could take out the Thunder.
4.) Dallas- Above expectations thought they'd be the 7 seed.
5.) Lakers- Right at expectations, knew they wouldn't win the Pacific.
6.) HOUSTON- this team has exceeded anything i thought about the, thought they'd have the tenth best record in the West. :clap:
7.) Memphis- Way below expectations- Thought they'd be the 3 seed in the West. :facepalm:
8.) Trailblazers- Below expectations, thought they'd be the 4 seed. :facepalm:

bowieinspace
02-25-2012, 02:25 PM
The New York Jeremy Lin's

KnicksFan4ever
02-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Gotta be the Cavs

They were record setting bad last year and really didn't make that many major changes to their roster besides adding Kyrie. Now their a half decent team. I dont think anyone saw Irving have this big of an impact