PDA

View Full Version : Who Are Some Mid-Season Buyout Candidates?

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Every year, there are these unhappy veterans who are getting paid a lot and they're not happy with their current situation, either because they are not on a contender or they are not happy with their playing time. Those players get bought out, go through a modified version of the waiver process, and then end up signing with a contender before the "eligible for the playoffs" deadline hits.

So who are some mid-season buyout candidates this season?

I'm thinking some guys like Tracy McGrady of the Hawks, Stephen Jackson of the Bucks, Boris Diaw of the Bobcats.

Beltrans Mole
02-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Boris Diaw is out of shape.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Heat will be sitting and waiting, hopefully kaman gets bought out but i doubt it

shep33
02-23-2012, 07:22 PM
The entire Wizards roster

Mr_Amaziing
02-23-2012, 07:54 PM
I would love to see McGee get bought out n sign with Okc

He would be a great fit for our second unit

Nabeshin
02-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Bibby, and perhaps Douglas will be traded.

mgsports
02-23-2012, 08:14 PM
We should wait intill after Deadline.

dtmagnet
02-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Every year, there are these unhappy veterans who are getting paid a lot and they're not happy with their current situation, either because they are not on a contender or they are not happy with their playing time. Those players get bought out, go through a modified version of the waiver process, and then end up signing with a contender before the "eligible for the playoffs" deadline hits.

I'm thinking some guys like Tracy McGrady of the Hawks, Stephen Jackson of the Bucks, Boris Diaw of the Bobcats.

Why the heck would Tmac get bought out?

Chronz
02-24-2012, 02:16 AM

Why the heck would Tmac get bought out?
Hes been *****ing lately

Swift Game
02-24-2012, 02:40 AM

I think OKC is stacked and they don't need any more personnel. They are favorites in the West and will more than likely play Miami or Chicago in the Finals. I think they can win it all this season with that roster.

They even played a guy named aldrich who I have never seen before with OKC.

Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, Perkins, Collison, cook and jackson who had a big dunk tonight.

They are going to be real tough to beat no doubt about it.

As far as a buyout is concerned you have to think Bibby, maybe felton but Portland may be able to get some trade value. I hope it is Luke Walton for the Lakers.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-24-2012, 03:06 AM
Boris Diaw is likely IMO, yeah he's fat and lazy but put in the right situation could motivate him to get back in shape. If he is bought out I could easily see him going to San Antonio. He's really good friends with Parker and Spurs need another big. Plus even a fat lazy Diaw>>>>>Blair

Fresno
02-24-2012, 03:32 AM

I know I've made 2 threads about McGee's dumb plays, but there is no chance at all the Wizards would buy him out of his rookie deal.

Fresno
02-24-2012, 03:39 AM
Buy-out Candidates:

Antawn Jamison - Cavs are making a push for an 8th seed but letting Jamison go frees up more minutes for their #4 pick Tristan Thompson and 2nd year big men in Samardo Samuels, Luke Harangody, & Semih Erden. His salary is too big to trade and the Cavs aren't going to take back some bad contracts for him.

After that

I could see Ben Wallace getting released/traded to join a contender for what remains in his final NBA season.

Andris Biedrins? Golden State wasted their amnesty on Charlie Bell and Biedrins can't get his trade value up.

Stuckey#3
02-24-2012, 03:45 AM
^Ben has his ring and is looking to retire. He has nothing left to prove or chase. Unlike the rest of the scrub veterans who are trying to prove something.

Fresno
02-24-2012, 03:49 AM
^Ben has his ring and is looking to retire. He has nothing left to prove or chase. Unlike the rest of the scrub veterans who are trying to prove something.

True.

But it'd be great if he went out a champion or competing for a championship.

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
For the Spurs I want Jefferson off this roster. In some shape or form Jefferson has to go. There is no need for him and he cannot guard to save his life.

Celticsfan2007
02-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Potential buy-out candidates:

Chris Kaman
Antawn Jamison
Boris Diaw
Stephen Jackson
Michael Beasley

**Any veteran who is traded for salary purposes and wants to latch onto a contender**

AnthonyTyrael
02-24-2012, 08:19 PM
I know I've made 2 threads about McGee's dumb plays, but there is no chance at all the Wizards would buy him out of his rookie deal.

LOL! I'm curious now. Has that ever happened before to any type of... lets consider him being a "better" player?