PDA

View Full Version : Shumpert Planned Dunk Was Going to be Jumping Over Lin Sleeping on a Couch

LTBaByyy
02-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Just heard it on PTI!!! They said NY Post sourced it

That would have been the most clever dunks I have ever seen!!

Knowing he was sleeping on the couch of a teammate just weeks ago

So mad Shumpert is hurt

Slug3
02-23-2012, 06:56 PM
That would have been pretty funny.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Good thing he's out.

These prop dunks are worthless.

No one wanna see guys jump over shorter than 4 foot objects like car hoods or couches.

No one wanna see midgets jump over other midgets and get 50.

No one wanna see 2 or 3 basketballs being dunked doing normal dunks.

No one wanna see someone do a normal dunk while grabbing a bear with their teeth.

No one wanna see a guy get bonus points for having flags doing a normal tomahawk dunk.

LTBaByyy
Here is CBS Sports: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/34958906

Chill_Will_24
Wow... the dunk contest is such a joke now..

Seriously thats worse that Gerald green and his cupcake :pity: Yes Serge Ibaka still gets no praise for jumping off from a foot behind the free throw line... or McGee who got robbed by the NBA... or Derozan who got robbed twice...

Glad Shumpert is out. He would have won it by a landslide whether he deserved it or not

knicksfan42
02-23-2012, 06:58 PM
I think it would've been pretty funny.

Havoc Wreaker
02-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Good thing he's out.

No one wanna see guys jump over shorter than 4 foot objects like car hoods or couches.

No one wanna see someone do a normal dunk while grabbing a bear with their teeth.

No one wanna see a guy get bonus points for having flags doing a normal tomahawk dunk.
This x1000000000. I think they should cancel the contest for a while, while people come up with actual good dunks that require talent.

I still can't believe Iguodala didn't win in 2009

Avenged
02-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Not really impressed to be honest..

LTBaByyy
02-23-2012, 07:00 PM
People complain lose the props

Then when we lose them, they say the dunk contest is boring!!!

There is only so many things you can do with a dunk!!! You have to be creative and add props

I would have loved it!!

LTBaByyy
02-23-2012, 07:01 PM
If we didnt hear about this until the actual dunk

Everyone would have LOVED it!!! Especially if he did it long ways

shep33
02-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Would be funny, but the problem is he'd get a 50 which isn't deserved. Just like Blake's dunk last year.

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 07:03 PM

There is only so many things you can do with a dunk!!! You have to be creative and add props

I would have loved it!!

Props that showcase athletic ability are great... ones that just show your lack of creativity.. not so much.

metsbulls1025
02-23-2012, 07:06 PM
I can't wait until someone does it in the nude.

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 07:10 PM
I can't wait until someone does it in the nude.

...pause... Bulls fans smh

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 07:13 PM
**** y'all at least they are trying to entertain if you aren't satisfy with their creativity then blame your stars who think they are to good for it. No one even seen the dunk and are complaining **** is wrong with people

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-23-2012, 07:14 PM

And you just ruined this thread, congratulations! :clap:

Anyways, Dunk Contest is officially dead; it's now a damn circus show.

Knicks333
02-23-2012, 07:14 PM
why is this chill will dude such a crybaby..oo wait hes a vikings fan

PleaseBeNice
02-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Yawn. Borrrringggg. Next.

Kashmir13579
02-23-2012, 07:15 PM
LOL at the haters.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-23-2012, 07:16 PM
**** y'all at least they are trying to entertain if you aren't satisfy with their creativity then blame your stars who think they are to good for it. No one even seen the dunk and are complaining **** is wrong with people

Dunking over a damn couch is not what the basketball dunking forefathers like Dr. J, MJ, Nique, Chocolate Thunder, Vinsanity etc. envisioned. Weak sauce Slimsim, weak sauce!

John Walls Era
02-23-2012, 07:18 PM
At least this is funny.

Good thing he's out.

No suprise. The kid who hates having a good time is spazzing out.

Bishnoff
02-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Good thing he's out.

This.

justjames
02-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Shumpert and Lin could have got an advertising deal with Ikea out of it.

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Dunking over a damn couch is not what the basketball dunking forefathers like Dr. J, MJ, Nique, Chocolate Thunder, Vinsanity etc. envisioned. Weak sauce Slimsim, weak sauce!

Still what if lin passed it to him while he was sleeping or some crazy ****

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-23-2012, 07:21 PM

It's fun to watch I admit, and I'm a huge Lin fan, but the art of dunking shouldn't be created via props. It should be the creativity of the actual dunker himself with the hops, athleticism, speed, agility and finish. The dunk contest has lost all those facets unfortunately. :(

I hope Shumpert competes in it next season though.

bklynny67
02-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Good thing he's out.

Well I'm not glad he's out, cuz everyone else will probably use props too but regarding the props, I Motha ****in agree 100%

I hate props! And Blake getting a 50 for jumping onto the middle of a ****in Kia while doing a normal dunk was the most lame dunk EVER! In the history in the dunk contest. By far the worst dunk that scored a 50.

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 07:22 PM
why is this chill will dude such a crybaby..oo wait hes a vikings fan

Dude do you seriously think jumping over a guy pretending to sleep on a couch is dunk contest material?

get real

shep33
02-23-2012, 07:24 PM
If lin dunked it while he was sleeping on the couch... that'd be impressive.

Chill_Will_24

You just sound ridiculous right now... there is nothing that they could do with a couch that would be dunk contest worthy. Here is an idea.. how about he uses his amazing athletic gifts and creativity and come up with an actual dunk?

John Walls Era
You rather the dunk contest suck or the contest suck but with some laughable moments?

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Motha f*ckin agree 100%

I hate props! And Blake getting a 50 for jumping onto the middle of a f*ckin Kia while doing a normal dunk was the most lame dunk EVER! In the history in the dunk contest. By far the worst dunk that scored a 50.

Exactly!! Dude jumped over the freakin hood of the car! Even i can do that at 6'2!! What a joke SMH

LTBaByyy
02-23-2012, 07:27 PM
It could have been a windmill off the back, no one knows what the dunk actually would have been

Yall are so critical its crazy, Lebron and stars are NOT going to be in it

So why not add props and make it creative?? Its an all star weekend competition not the playoffs

There is only so many things you can do with a dunk!!! We have seen it all

Why not add props? Look at the Dunk Contest in Dallas with no props!!!!

That was one of the worst dunk contest EVER but had some nice dunks (we have seen before)

PleaseBeNice
02-23-2012, 07:28 PM
You rather the dunk contest suck or the contest suck but with some laughable moments?

Neither. What has been funny in the dunk contest? Ive never laughed. Usually it ends with a scowl on my face.

natelpete
Thank god he he's not in the contest anymore.. I would have broken my TV. **** like that is what ruined the dunk competition.

NBA_Starter
That would have been pretty sick!

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 07:30 PM
It could have been a windmill off the back, no one knows what the dunk actually would have been

Yall are so critical its crazy, Lebron and stars are NOT going to be in it

So why not add props and make it creative?? Its an all star weekend competition not the playoffs

There is only so many things you can do with a dunk!!! We have seen it all

Why not add props? Look at the Dunk Contest in Dallas with no props!!!!

That was one of the worst dunk contest EVER but had some nice dunks (we have seen before)

I agree but damn a couch? Certain props serve their purpose to show a players athleticism but a couch!? Cmon Shump stop being a chump and come up with something better

LTBaByyy
02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
The Blake Griffin car dunk was horrible

But if he did a windmill or something crazy it would have been one of the best of all time

Seriously. I want yall to park your car in front of your goal and try to jump over it, then try to dunk over it

Yall need to get yalls panties out of a bunch and stop being critical like babies

YALL STILL WATCH IT!!!!! That makes no sense, yall still watch it then complain

CudiOnMyiPod
02-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Very creative but not even a 40 in a dunk contest. Unless he had Lin and the couch strapped to his back.

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 07:35 PM
He could have brought Micky Mouse in there and dunked over him to appease the ORL crowd or something similar! But what this dunk tells me is that he is trying to win off the Linsanity hype as opposed to actual dunking ability which he has a lot of!! What a joke

MJL80
02-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Neither. What has been funny in the dunk contest? Ive never laughed. Usually it ends with a scowl on my face.

so don't watch it

raiderfaninTX
02-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Thank god he he's not in the contest anymore.. I would have broken my TV. **** like that is what ruined the dunk competition.

dwight howard ruined the dunk competition

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Dunk Contest sucks now

stawka
Good thing he's out.

Well said

raiderfaninTX
He could have brought Micky Mouse in there and dunked over him to appease the ORL crowd or something similar! But what this dunk tells me is that he is trying to win off the Linsanity hype as opposed to actual dunking ability which he has a lot of!! What a joke

jesus its a dunk contest you act like these mother ****ers are playing for someones life. Its to have fun, you are the same type of person who cheers for batting practice aka the home run derby.

SMH!
That would be the most ******** dunk, glad hes out

Chill_Will_24

I agree.. the Superman dunk wasnt even a dunk

You want a prop?

Put on the Micky Mouse suit courtesy of Disney and dunk over Daffy.. = classic dunk and it will always be remembered and associated with the ORL All Star weekend not to mention it shows off your incredible hops if you pull it off..

See how easy that was Shump? And im just a fan

bklynny67
02-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Exactly!! Dude jumped over the freakin hood of the car! Even i can do that at 6'2!! What a joke SMH

Thing is, he didn't jump over the hood. He jumped ONTO a hood of a small car. When he came down, he was standing on the middle of the hood.

Literally anyone who can dunk could have done that particular dunk, except maybe a select few of the short guys who can barely dunk.

GET RID OF PROPS!

Bornknick73
02-23-2012, 07:42 PM
its not the props, the problem with the dunk contest is the best players dont play in it anymore.

Make the prize 5 mil and then you'll see the stars come out. **** make it 10 mil. At the height of its popularity the contest was fueld by the battles of MJ, Dominque, Kemp, Dr.J, SPUDD!!!!

They need to give the big names a reason to compete. Gimme Kobe vs Lebron vs Wade vs Dwight vs Blake and the contest would be bigger than the game.

INSANE!!

Im sure i left a few off but you get the idea. I wanna see the stars fly, not 2nd stringers and rookies. Sure as hell not Nate. Maybe Spudd tho.

Adsso
02-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Why can't the Dunk comp contenders just get back to old school normal dunks Ok have someone help you and have some flair but not the cars and benches and small kids and stuff just lame.. you bore me dunk comp.

C_Mund
02-23-2012, 07:44 PM

I would have loved it!!

I dunno. I see a lot of people who love the props and a lot of people who can't stand them. It's a pretty polarizing issue.
I honestly think the contest has been weak since the early 2000's. J-Rich was the last truly creative high flier, his dunks were difficult and had true style (that self-alley-oop two-handed reverse windmill.....).
Even JR Smith's behind-the-back dunk....these are the things the contest needs back.

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 07:44 PM
its not the props, the problem with the dunk contest is the best players dont play in it anymore.

Make the prize 5 mil and then you'll see the stars come out. **** make it 10 mil. At the height of its popularity the contest was fueld by the battles of MJ, Dominque, Kemp, Dr.J, SPUDD!!!!

They need to give the big names a reason to compete. Gimme Kobe vs Lebron vs Wade vs Dwight vs Blake and the contest would be bigger than the game.

INSANE!!

Im sure i left a few off but you get the idea. I wanna see the stars fly, not 2nd stringers and rookies. Sure as hell not Nate. Maybe Spudd tho.

These dudes just arent competitors like they used to be. They used to wanna dunk on the contest for bragging rights but now they dont even care

bklynny67
02-23-2012, 07:45 PM
The Blake Griffin car dunk was horrible

But if he did a windmill or something crazy it would have been one of the best of all time

Seriously. I want yall to park your car in front of your goal and try to jump over it, then try to dunk over it

Yall need to get yalls panties out of a bunch and stop being critical like babies

YALL STILL WATCH IT!!!!! That makes no sense, yall still watch it then complain

there's nothing more annoying than saying yall more than 4 times in one short post.

anyway, if he did a windmill if would not have been the best alltime. what the hell are u talking about? the dunk was ridiculous. do u know how many NBA dunkers could do that? just about everyone.

AND WOULD PEOPLE STOP SAYING HE JUMPED OVER A CAR!!! HOLY **** HE JUMPED ONTO THE MIDDLE OF A HOOD OF A SMALL CAR! THATS IT!!!!

HUGE DIFFERENCE

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 07:47 PM
How about a spinning between the legs dunk? Is that physically possible? I think ive seen something similar done on youtube

VCaintdead17
02-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah that would have sucked........

Rego247
02-23-2012, 07:53 PM
I have a feeling this we'll be one of worst dunk contests ever. I hope i'm wrong.

ichitownclowni
02-23-2012, 07:55 PM

How is this not baiting???

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 08:08 PM
How is this not baiting???

yea my attempt at humor was a fail

FarOutIos
02-23-2012, 08:09 PM
I don't know... I kinda think they should take the props thing to the next level.

Why not take a page out of those japanese obstacle course game shows and make it tougher to dunk? Imagine trying to dunk while balancing on a platform over water...

Or maybe go rodeo style and put a hoop out there with a bull. Make the ball red, and try and dunk!

... just some ideas...

ACanadian
02-23-2012, 08:09 PM
I agree.. the Superman dunk wasnt even a dunk

You want a prop?

Put on the Micky Mouse suit courtesy of Disney and dunk over Daffy.. = classic dunk and it will always be remembered and associated with the ORL All Star weekend not to mention it shows off your incredible hops if you pull it off..

See how easy that was Shump? And im just a fan

I agree, that would be hilarious as well

02-23-2012, 08:27 PM
hahaha, shump hurts idea is actually pretty funny. i chuckled a little bit. But i agree, the dunk contest was a whole lot better when it wasn't such a novalty showcase.

and 'natelpete', nice avater, shotty not changing mine

KB24Mamba
02-23-2012, 08:28 PM
If you guys have seen some of the And 1 guys in a dunk contest those are crazy.....maybe some1 will ask them for some advice? I could think of more entertaining dunks that are humanly possible that are better than these past contests........but just watch itll b Paul George v DWill in final w/ George winning

Zefflin
02-23-2012, 08:48 PM
haha i would have loved to have seen that dunk

Bruno
02-23-2012, 08:55 PM
that's awesome.

yankeefan54
02-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Gay

blahblahyoutoo
02-23-2012, 09:00 PM
would've been better than blake's "car" dunk for sure.

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 09:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nakL2BZqPO8

Watch and earn Shumpert.. no props.. just skills

NONE of these dunks have EVER been done in the NBA

Baller1
02-23-2012, 09:03 PM
The NBA has nothing left to do because they rob people who like Serge Ibaka who did a legitimately impressive dunk from behind the free throw line. God that **** annoyed me.

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 09:05 PM
#TeamFlightBrothers look them up

Gram
02-23-2012, 09:41 PM

Shut up.

NoahH
02-23-2012, 09:45 PM
good thing he's out.

this

bmd1101
02-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Just heard it on PTI!!! They said NY Post sourced it

That would have been the most clever dunks I have ever seen!!

Knowing he was sleeping on the couch of a teammate just weeks ago

So mad Shumpert is hurt

Um clever? swap the couch and lin for baron davis and a car. Worthless props.

LTBaByyy
02-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Lin just said at the All star game it was going to be Lin throwing an alley pop and Shumpert was going to windmill over the couch off an alley oop?!?!?!?!?!?!

Y'all know that would have been nasty

knicksfan42
02-25-2012, 12:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nakL2BZqPO8

Watch and earn Shumpert.. no props.. just skills

NONE of these dunks have EVER been done in the NBA

That rim is like 8ft.

My bad just saw the first dunk.

TheRunKiller
02-25-2012, 12:01 AM
No wonder he pulled out...Lame

showtime24
02-25-2012, 12:06 AM
props again. :sleep:

give me old VC dunk again.

topdog
02-25-2012, 12:13 AM
There is hope for this year's contest. Enter Paul George :clap: :clap: :clap:

netsgiantsyanks
02-25-2012, 12:18 AM
the only ones that are remotely interested in this are knick fans.

blahblahyoutoo
02-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Well said

not really.

wanna != wants to

for those that don't understand programming languages, != means does not.

Sinestro
02-25-2012, 12:51 AM

Wow...really?

Pistol_Pete
02-25-2012, 01:11 AM
I guess that would be cool, except, you know, it's already been done but through a sunroof over a car.

SA5195
02-25-2012, 01:25 AM
lol that'd be an automatic win, or Lin should I say :p

Jokes.

GOON MUSIC
02-25-2012, 01:32 AM
People don't seem to understand these players have limits and not all athletes could be as creative as you are from your couch, the dunk contest is for entertainment, poking fun at a player during the dunk contest would be funny thus entertaining

Evolution23
02-25-2012, 02:50 AM
That would have been funny as hell

Evolution23
02-25-2012, 02:51 AM
Lebron: I'll enter the dunk contest this year.
The next day: I'm not a dunk contest type of person. :facepalm:

FriedTofuz
02-25-2012, 04:25 AM
That isnt even something to look forward too. The dunk contest is a joke and people just use props and its been really garbage. The only dunker last year who did pure unseen before dunks WITHOUT THE USE OF PROPS was demar derozan. He had the only good dunks. Blake Griffen Jacked past dunks that carter had and a basic 360 that alot of people can do. Jumping over a 3 foot high couch is nothing. The nba is a joke. Its lots all meaning and has solely turned into a fixed buisness

Eagles710
02-25-2012, 04:44 AM
What woudl be funnier if the couch was made in china :)

utl768
02-25-2012, 08:38 AM
shame

probably woulda played out great on television

ppl complain about the props but then they say the dunk contest is boring

3Blueforyou
02-25-2012, 12:29 PM
soon you are going to have lobbyist designing dunks for product placement.

PC
02-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Regardless of how you guys feel about the prop, Shump has a 42 inch vertical which was only behind Nate and VC at the combine so I think he could have put on a show either way had he not gotten hurt

DChibes
02-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Would be funny, but the problem is he'd get a 50 which isn't deserved. Just like Blake's dunk last year.

ok man when you can jump over the hood of a car and dunk a basketball let us know

DChibes
02-25-2012, 01:01 PM

...pause...useless comment

Careful man your jealously is showing

Chill_Will_24
02-25-2012, 01:01 PM
ok man when you can jump over the hood of a car and dunk a basketball let us know

I can and im sure many here can. Its not hard. Did he jump over the car? Nope.. just the hood.

Sox72
02-25-2012, 01:08 PM

I also can't walk up to a hoop and do a normal two handed dunk. As a matter of fact, I'd probably miss a layup.

Does that mean those things deserve a 50?

DChibes
02-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I also can't walk up to a hoop and do a normal two handed dunk. As a matter of fact, I'd probably miss a layup.

Does that mean those things deserve a 50?

obviously thats not what I'm saying...People think what Blake did was sooo easy but its really not...it had to be timed perfectly and jumping over the hood of a car is not as easy as every one says

DChibes
02-25-2012, 01:21 PM
I can and im sure many here can. Its not hard. Did he jump over the car? Nope.. just the hood.

haha yea? you can? sweet lets see a video of it...and yea if you actually read my comment i did say hood of a car

but ill be waiting for that video

LakersKB24
02-25-2012, 01:22 PM

Yes and no, he saved it but kind of ruined it at the same time...

I really enjoyed the whole Superman theme the first time, because it was refreshing, somehting you had never seen before and his dunks were GREAT.

Now everybody focuses on the props instead of showing creative dunks because it seems like they try to outperform Dwight... The problem is that Dwight was doing something original and all those other guys are like monkey see, monkey do...
Look at Blake's dunk over the car (hood) last year with the choir and all that stuff. I mean could it be any more corny? That was embarassing to watch

They need to revolutionize the dunk contest because it's getting less and less interesting.

smith&wesson
02-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Props that showcase athletic ability are great... ones that just show your lack of creativity.. not so much.

i agree

Daunter
02-25-2012, 03:28 PM
It was suggested to him on Facebook

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-25-2012, 03:30 PM
that would have been funny.. BUT question is.. would he do some nice dunk to go along with jumping over the sofa?

if it would end up being a boring *** dunk then that would be lame.

SportsAndrew25
02-26-2012, 01:09 AM
:sad2: