PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard "HUMBLED" by Reaction of New Jersey Nets Fans

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-23-2012, 04:45 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7605358/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-humbled-reaction-new-jersey-nets-fans

NEWARK, N.J. -- Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard called the love and appreciation New Jersey Nets fans and the organization showed him on Wednesday night "a humbling experience," but would not comment on his potential desire to join the Nets via trade or free agency.

"Right now, my only concern is winning games, playing as hard as I can every night and leading my team," Howard said after scoring 20 points, grabbing a game-high 17 rebounds, dishing out four assists, blocking two shots and getting two steals in 34 minutes during the Magic's 108-91 blowout victory over the Nets at Prudential Center.

"That's the only thing I can control. I put all the other thoughts aside and I'm focused on one thing -- the only thing I can control, which is what I do on the court. And that's the only answer I can give you."

Howard has been rumored to be headed to New Jersey since the offseason, a move that would pair him with point guard Deron Williams for the team's move to Brooklyn in 2012-13. Howard's agent gave the Magic a list of three teams he wants to be traded to: the Nets, the Dallas Mavericks and the Los Angeles Lakers.

Howard and Williams can both opt out of their contracts and become free agents at the end of the season, and the Nets likely will need to acquire Howard so they don't lose Williams. The Nets could try to land Howard in a blockbuster trade before the March 15 trade deadline, or keep all of their assets -- including center Brook Lopez, rookie shooting guard MarShon Brooks and two first-round picks in the 2012 NBA draft -- and try to sign him in free agency, assuming he opts out.

Given all that, the Nets' marketing team elected to give Howard the red carpet treatment on Wednesday night. They had a pyrotechnic show during pregame introductions, and had several placards of the Barclays Center stationed outside the Magic locker room.

Howard received a loud ovation when he was introduced as a member of the Magic's starting lineup, and by the end of the first quarter, with the Nets trailing by 17, the crowd of 15,364 began to chant "We Want Dwight" in unison, and did so on a few other occasions the rest of the game.

"I just have fun with it. It's a humbling experience," Howard said. "I wish more people can see how it feels to go into another arena and have big faces and posters, it's a humbling experience. It's a blessing. I've been to every arena and it feels good to have a great reception, not only here but everywhere I go. And like I said, it's humbling and I really appreciate it."

Howard said he didn't "focus" on any of the Barclays Center placards.

"The only thing I can control is what I do on the court, and I'm just gonna continue to what I do on the court," Howard reiterated.

LeBron James was highly scrutinized for his "decision" to sign with the Miami Heat in the summer of 2010. Howard was asked what he learned from LeBron as far as the recruiting process is concerned.

"You have to make a decision that's best for you," said Howard, adding that he's not concerned about the recruiting process. "I think what a lot of people were upset about was the fact that he did it on TV. But I think everybody's entitled to make their own decision. You have to do what you want to do with your life and he did it. I felt bad for the way he did it and how it looked it on TV. But that's LeBron. Right now, he's playing basketball and becoming a better person."

Howard said he is a fan of Nets part owner Jay-Z "as a rapper," but said he did not have dinner with Williams this time, opting instead to go out with his teammates on Tuesday night.

Howard joked to Williams that he should "stop scoring."

Williams scored 12 straight third-quarter points for his team as the Nets rallied from a 20-point deficit and got within eight with 7:29 remaining in the period. But Howard countered with back-to-back buckets inside, sparking a 12-2 run as the Magic regained control.

"So weird. I was so jealous," joked Williams -- who finished with 23 points eight assists and six rebounds -- of Howard's pregame reception. "I might not not re-sign here because of that."

He was kidding, of course.

"Deron is a special player. He can score. He's tough to guard. He's quick. He knows how to turn it on when he has to. He's a good player," Howard said.

Howard would not comment when asked if he sees potential with this Nets roster. He did say he thought his team was playing "great basketball right now."

"We're third in the East. We just have to keep it up," Howard said. "We're in a good position. ... We just have to keep that momentum going into the All-Star break. ... That's the talk around the locker room, having a great second half of the season and making a push toward a championship."

So, are the Magic a title contender?

"No doubt," Howard replied.

Howard skipped out on the media following Wednesday morning's shootaround. His coach, Stan Van Gundy, also wanted no part of reporter's questions, answering "no" when asked if it felt any different playing in New Jersey, if he'd talk to his team before the game and if the whole situation felt "shady" given that Howard's agent had given the Magic a list of three teams he'd like to be traded to.

The Nets figure they're going to have to deal with questions surrounding Howard until the trade deadline -- if not through the offseason as well.

"We're gonna have to manage it," Nets coach Avery Johnson said Wednesday morning. "(Nets GM) Billy (King) and I laugh all the time. Sometime between March 1 and March 15 his phone's going to be blowing up and going crazy all night long. And I just told him I'm glad he has that job. Mine's gonna be off and on silent.

"We're gonna be glad when March 16 rolls around."

And if there isn't a resolution?

"We're glad that at least our name is in the news," Johnson said.

Asked if all of this is a distraction, Williams responded, "I don't think it's a distraction at all, nope. Not here. It hasn't been discussed."

This article just proves that Dwight Howard will be a New Jersey Net. The one thing that gave it away was Deron Williams' joking statement of him not resigning with the Nets. For him to even bring up such a serious and sensitive issue and joke about it (when in sports, not resigning with your team is looked upon as such a negative thing), I think he's comfortable knowing that Dwight is on his way to New Jersey, or else he would never make that statement in the first place, even if it was in joking fashion.

I think they're waiting for that "March 1st" deadline for two reasons. By that time, the all-star game in Orlando will be finished and that's also when players signed in the offseason can be traded, so I'm assuming it will be a multi-player trade involving some players that were signed this past offseason.

MackShock
02-23-2012, 04:47 AM
He's a very religious man ever since he came into this league. he should BEEN humble.

C_Mund
02-23-2012, 05:00 AM
I've never understood how the phrase "humbled" came about. Wouldn't a better example of that be like when everybody went from loving to hating Lebron after the decision? It's not very "humbling" to be cheered and treated like a god.
Sorry, nothing on topic to add, just popped into my head when I read the thread title.

ThunderousDemon
02-23-2012, 05:04 AM
You know what would be humbling, if you stopped talking to the media.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-23-2012, 05:05 AM
I've never understood how the phrase "humbled" came about. Wouldn't a better example of that be like when everybody went from loving to hating Lebron after the decision? It's not very "humbling" to be cheered and treated like a god.
Sorry, nothing on topic to add, just popped into my head when I read the thread title.

That was the title of the article on ESPN.com

C_Mund
02-23-2012, 05:07 AM
That was the title of the article on ESPN.com

haha, I know, that wasn't directed at anybody on PSD or Dwight or anything. It's just a phrase that's been used forever and it makes no sense if you actually think about it.

MackShock
02-23-2012, 05:31 AM
Dwight getting paid all that money should be humbling enough..

Zefflin
02-23-2012, 05:45 AM
I still don't know where this fools headed...LA p-p-p-p-pleaseeeee...

Bulls_fan90
02-23-2012, 07:47 AM
STFU Dwight.

oak2455
02-23-2012, 08:19 AM
A lot of empty seats ....

Kay-Gee
02-23-2012, 08:35 AM
A lot of empty seats ....

That's why the ovation sounded so loud. lol

Geovanni
02-23-2012, 09:09 AM
$12 seats and they still couldn't sell out, lol. I think DWill should just join Howard here in O-Town. That would be GREAT sir!!!!

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Diva

Maichan
02-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Lol. "fans"

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 10:01 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7605358/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-humbled-reaction-new-jersey-nets-fans

This article just proves that Dwight Howard will be a New Jersey Net. The one thing that gave it away was Deron Williams' joking statement of him not resigning with the Nets. For him to even bring up such a serious and sensitive issue and joke about it (when in sports, not resigning with your team is looked upon as such a negative thing), I think he's comfortable knowing that Dwight is on his way to New Jersey, or else he would never make that statement in the first place, even if it was in joking fashion.

I think they're waiting for that "March 1st" deadline for two reasons. By that time, the all-star game in Orlando will be finished and that's also when players signed in the offseason can be traded, so I'm assuming it will be a multi-player trade involving some players that were signed this past offseason.

lol this article proves hes going to be a Net? how? Bc of Deron's statement? Of course Deron thinks Dwight is coming. He's not the one making any decisions on it though. I feel like Nets fans should be terrified of Deron's "joke". You dont joke about things like that when your talkin to the media. If he was 100% gonna resign, he would have done it already. I hate when people say "this WILL happen"...it makes you look mad desperate. The Nets fans cheered louder for Dwight than for their own team. Is that not shameful? It reminds me of the way Clevland treated Lebron when he was about to leave... singing him songs, putting up posters... only its the Nets to a guy who's not even on their team lol. its pathetic, and obviously no Net fan will agree with that, but its the truth.

If dwight gets traded to the Nets, the Nets are screwed worse than the Magic. Theyll have Deron and Dwight with less depth than a kiddie pool. The Magic will still have a better complete team than them.

If we play the season out, and he walks, most Magic fans will be okay with it, seeing how badly the FO has done in creating a championship team. We understand. of course, we wont be HAPPY, but were not gonna go burning Dwights Jersey or anything. He's his own man, and we would probably do the same thing in his position.

What bothers us is seeing NJN fans act like Dwights already on the Nets. Its sad, especially how horribly their team is doing this season. How can you play this bad and still expect Dwight to be there anytime soon?

$12 seats and they still couldn't sell out, lol. I think DWill should just join Howard here in O-Town. That would be GREAT sir!!!!

THIS!

The only new info i got out of that article is Dwight saying he believes the Magic are a championship contender

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 10:09 AM
He will be a net

HouRealCoach
02-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Why are they chanting "We want Dwight"?

Its not even gonna be in Jersey next year is it?

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 10:18 AM
He will be a net

with or without him, they still beat up on your boy Shump and his Knicks

uprightciti
02-23-2012, 10:21 AM
the magic would be stupid to trade dwight howard

ttam68
02-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Being worshipped by thousands humbles me too

Young and Stupid
02-23-2012, 10:24 AM
I feel like Nets fans should be terrified of Deron's "joke". You dont joke about things like that when your talkin to the media.

That's kind of the point. It's a pretty serious topic (whether he'll remain with the team or not) and for him to jokingly say "oh, now I'm gonna leave" is a pretty strong sign that he's staying. If there was even a chance that he was gonna leave, he would not risk making such a joke.

If he was 100% gonna resign, he would have done it already.

"Based on the new rules, it doesn't make any sense for him to sign the extension," Jeff Schwartz told The Bergen (N.J.) Record. "It has nothing to do with how much he likes New Jersey. Because of the rules, he's going to play the season out and opt out of his deal."

Sources close to the team said the Nets aren't concerned by the news, saying they knew it was going to happen.

It is not surprising that Williams would take this route. He can earn roughly $30 million more by opting out at the end of the season and re-signing with the Nets, if that's what he decides to do.

Williams echoed those thoughts on Twitter.

"Don't know why people are tripping just bc I'm opting out doesn't mean that I won't resign with the nets! W/ new CBA it makes sense," a post on his Twitter account read.

Read more: ESPN-NY (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7303109/deron-williams-agent-says-client-sign-extension-nets)

I hate when people say "this WILL happen"...it makes you look mad desperate.

Heh. Apparently, you've mixed up confidence and desperation.

If dwight gets traded to the Nets, the Nets are screwed worse than the Magic. Theyll have Deron and Dwight with less depth than a kiddie pool. The Magic will still have a better complete team than them.

:laugh2:

What bothers us is seeing NJN fans act like Dwights already on the Nets. Its sad, especially how horribly their team is doing this season. How can you play this bad and still expect Dwight to be there anytime soon?

You gotta ask Dwight that, lol.

The only new info i got out of that article is Dwight saying he believes the Magic are a championship contender

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-23-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm now convinced that Dwight doesn't know what the word "humbling" means.

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm now convinced that Dwight doesn't know what the word "humbling" means.

lol

GiantsSwaGG
02-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Lmao there was barely 100 people at the arena....how is that humbling? Talk about Diva

GiantsSwaGG
02-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Dwight will be a net IMO but they will have to gut there team to get him!

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 10:51 AM
young n stupid, are you doing all that laughing to keep from crying? i mean, your team is horrible and your fans (or lack thereof) have clearly given up on this season. You can do all your yellow smiley face laughs, but look at your record, team effort and defensive presence...now THATS something to laugh about

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 10:51 AM

Not if shump UNLEASH

oak2455
02-23-2012, 10:53 AM

Yes the Knicks will be terrified of those Nets... btw they're not shooting 50% from 3 pt land , that happens once in a blue moon

oak2455
02-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Young and dumb VS the Magics last hope.... Ding ding ding .... Jk!! It's not that serious

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Not if shump UNLEASH

hahaha i think they tried that at the beginning of the season... he had a horrible FG% but ill admit, shump def has potential and hes athletic as hell too

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Young and dumb VS the Magics last hope.... Ding ding ding .... Jk!! It's not that serious

lol naw im done responding to him, D12fan and chillwill. Net homers.

But I do want to thank them for cheering on my team last night...against their own team...

:facepalm:

Slimsim
hahaha i think they tried that at the beginning of the season... he had a horrible FG% but ill admit, shump def has potential and hes athletic as hell too

He was playing with a unhealthy Knee now we can let him fully heal. Love me some Shump

Young and Stupid
young n stupid, are you doing all that laughing to keep from crying? i mean, your team is horrible and your fans (or lack thereof) have clearly given up on this season. You can do all your yellow smiley face laughs, but look at your record, team effort and defensive presence...now THATS something to laugh about

Trust me: I laugh a lot harder at the Nets' ineptitude than I do at your intelligence (or lack thereof).

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Trust me: I laugh a lot harder at the Nets' ineptitude than I do at your intelligence (or lack thereof).

lol thanks, so do I

M.V.W.
02-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Sometimes getting cheered or applauded is humbling. For example, a reserved person might not think of themselves as highly as others despite being something worthy of praise. Even with the way Howard addresses his free agency, he doesn't seem cocky. He's more so indecisive.

Rockice_8
02-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Should of known some dumb article was going to come after this game. Dwight is gonna give it one last shot with Orlando this year. It's probably their best team since their finals team with the emergence of Anderson so enjoy your last year with Dwight Orlando cause he's leaving. Yes probably to the the team with 14 fans and probably to the team who will never be bigger then the Knicks, yeah that team.

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 11:57 AM
im not really gonna worry about dwight going to the Nets until it happens. Hes on the Magic right now, were 3rd in the East, and were about to have all-star wknd here. All these articles mean nothing until i see the one saying "Dwight howard traded"

naps
02-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Lol Lakers fans mad....I bet if Dwight was humbled by stapls center crowed they would be ecstatic.

Oldmantrash
02-23-2012, 12:06 PM

There won't be empty seats in Brooklyn next year.

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 12:09 PM
HAHAHA i highly doubt that, especially since your going to be sharing a town with the Knicks

oak2455
02-23-2012, 12:11 PM
There won't be empty seats in Brooklyn next year.

you sure about that?? not great area just saying, its not Manhattan...... also you need a good team to fill a stadium examples : Mets, Pirates, Mariners should I go on??:D

oak2455
02-23-2012, 12:13 PM
HAHAHA i highly doubt that, especially since your going to be sharing a town with the Knicks

People just dont get that , they practically gave seats away and the arena was half empty, whats the excuse there?? good job:D

elizur
02-23-2012, 12:22 PM

Shump didnt play ,but yes the Nets won.

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 12:23 PM
i wanna say that the Nets didnt beat the Knicks, but Deron Williams did. I think that makes more sense

M.V.W.
02-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Lol Lakers fans mad....I bet if Dwight was humbled by Staples center crowed they would be ecstatic.

I'm a Lakers fan and look at my post above.

netsgiantsyanks
02-23-2012, 12:27 PM
not not=double negative
double negative=positive

:D

lulz

BigCityofDreams
02-23-2012, 12:27 PM
People just dont get that , they practically gave seats away and the arena was half empty, whats the excuse there?? good job:D

Ppl love new stadiums/arenas though. They'll go just because

Rockice_8
02-23-2012, 12:28 PM
This thread is full of Knicks haters, pissed of Magic fans and bummed out Lakers fans.

Dwight and Deron will fill the stadium in Brooklyn.

oak2455
02-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Ppl love new stadiums/arenas though. They'll go just because

Maybe for a short while:D

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 12:32 PM
This thread is full of Knicks haters, pissed of Magic fans and bummed out Lakers fans.

Winning will fill the arena...

netsgiantsyanks
02-23-2012, 12:33 PM
we're moving to brooklyn for a reason. even when we were in the finals, we weren't selling out.

BigCityofDreams
02-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Maybe for a short while:D

Well yes if they don't win then they become the Mets.

MattyAction
02-23-2012, 12:34 PM
you sure about that?? not great area just saying, its not Manhattan...... also you need a good team to fill a stadium examples : Mets, Pirates, Mariners should I go on??:D

Like the mediocre/subpar Knicks for the the last 12 years? Good team? They filled their stadium with junk teams. The city has a population of 8.2 million people. I think they'll find a way to have a good atmosphere in Brooklyn. New Yorkers a lot of times are bandwagoners. If they have a good squad, they'll do fine. Remember the city was obsessed with the Mets in the 80's while the Yanks stunk. It's all cyclical. A decent team with a the amount of pride Brooklynites have in their borough will lead to a good support base.

BigCityofDreams
02-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Like the mediocre/subpar Knicks for the the last 12 years? Good team? They filled their stadium with junk teams. The city has a population of 8.2 million people. I think they'll find a way to have a good atmosphere in Brooklyn. New Yorkers a lot of times are bandwagoners. If they have a good squad, they'll do fine. Remember the city was obsessed with the Mets in the 80's while the Yanks stunk. It's all cyclical. A decent team with a the amount of pride Brooklynites have in their borough will lead to a good support base.

That's because Knick fans are die hards.

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 12:36 PM

lol i sound pissed off? def sounds like your the angry one

still hurting from that Magic beatdown last night?

jkiddvc20
02-23-2012, 12:45 PM
lol i sound pissed off? def sounds like your the angry one

still hurting from that Magic beatdown last night?

Chill out man

oak2455
02-23-2012, 12:48 PM
]Like the mediocre/subpar Knicks for the the last 12 years? Good team? They filled their stadium with junk teams[/B]. The city has a population of 8.2 million people. I think they'll find a way to have a good atmosphere in Brooklyn. New Yorkers a lot of times are bandwagoners. If they have a good squad, they'll do fine. Remember the city was obsessed with the Mets in the 80's while the Yanks stunk. It's all cyclical. A decent team with a the amount of pride Brooklynites have in their borough will lead to a good support base.
so where are these fans coming from..... are they going to be imported??

second thing, It makes me believe you root for a ton of teams:D

Never ever rooted for the Mets.. I would root for Moscow first before the Mets:eyebrow: Thats just me, because I stick with my team:)

oak2455
02-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Chill out man

This thread is getting silly, lets just wait n see.. should know something in a few weeks or end of the season

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 12:54 PM
man i didnt know some ppl were so sensitive on this forum.

THINKBLUE15
02-23-2012, 12:54 PM

haha, I know, that wasn't directed at anybody on PSD or Dwight or anything. It's just a phrase that's been used forever and it makes no sense if you actually think about it.

My thoughts exactly. It's just like when people say, "I could care less"...well that must mean they care, right?

netsgiantsyanks
02-23-2012, 12:57 PM
man i didnt know some ppl were so sensitive on this forum.

yah, need to be more considerate :(

MattyAction
02-23-2012, 12:58 PM
so where are these fans coming from..... are they going to be imported??

second thing, It makes me believe you root for a ton of teams:D

Never ever rooted for the Mets.. I would root for Moscow first before the Mets:eyebrow: Thats just me, because I stick with my team:)

I root for the Nets. Thats all. Yanks- not Mets. Just saying a lot of new yorkers that arent huge fans are bandwagoners. I'm not talking about die-hards. Everyone in MSG every night is not a die hard. Thats just a sign of the times, with all suites and corporate owned boxes and seats. Thats all over the country.

latinofire21
02-23-2012, 01:34 PM

Have you ever been to NYC? MSG is in the perfect place to fill seats. Its connected to one of the largest subway hubs in the city. People from Long Island and queens can ride the train literally right under the arena. NJ fans who are Knick fans can come through the Lincoln Tunnel or take the Path train into the stadium and be minutes away from the game. MSG is 8 blocks away from times square. The tourist population alone helps fill that arena. Your not going to get the same type of traffic in Brooklyn. From what I have read because I havent seen the Brooklyn Arena yet is that they arent in a very nice area of Brooklyn and this is the first step of turning this part of Brooklyn into a nicer area. It doesnt have the same logistics MSG has and it definitely is a lot tougher for fans in the Bronx, Long Island, Manhattan, NJ, Westchester County, and White Plains to go to a game. Dont assume they will fill out just because they are in NY because your sadly mistaken if you do.

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 02:09 PM
lol this article proves hes going to be a Net? how? Bc of Deron's statement? Of course Deron thinks Dwight is coming. He's not the one making any decisions on it though. I feel like Nets fans should be terrified of Deron's "joke". You dont joke about things like that when your talkin to the media. If he was 100% gonna resign, he would have done it already. I hate when people say "this WILL happen"...it makes you look mad desperate. The Nets fans cheered louder for Dwight than for their own team. Is that not shameful? It reminds me of the way Clevland treated Lebron when he was about to leave... singing him songs, putting up posters... only its the Nets to a guy who's not even on their team lol. its pathetic, and obviously no Net fan will agree with that, but its the truth.

If we play the season out, and he walks, most Magic fans will be okay with it, seeing how badly the FO has done in creating a championship team. We understand. of course, we wont be HAPPY, but were not gonna go burning Dwights Jersey or anything. He's his own man, and we would probably do the same thing in his position.

DoMeFavors
02-23-2012, 02:17 PM
I dont get it why is every upset Dwight and Deron are going to Brooklyn Ive heard some of you say they wont win anything so why do you care?

Maichan
02-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Have you ever been to NYC? MSG is in the perfect place to fill seats. Its connected to one of the largest subway hubs in the city. People from Long Island and queens can ride the train literally right under the arena. NJ fans who are Knick fans can come through the Lincoln Tunnel or take the Path train into the stadium and be minutes away from the game. MSG is 8 blocks away from times square. The tourist population alone helps fill that arena. Your not going to get the same type of traffic in Brooklyn. From what I have read because I havent seen the Brooklyn Arena yet is that they arent in a very nice area of Brooklyn and this is the first step of turning this part of Brooklyn into a nicer area. It doesnt have the same logistics MSG has and it definitely is a lot tougher for fans in the Bronx, Long Island, Manhattan, NJ, Westchester County, and White Plains to go to a game. Dont assume they will fill out just because they are in NY because your sadly mistaken if you do.

This. :clap:

naps
02-23-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm a Lakers fan and look at my post above.

Dude, I am not saying all of them. For example:

You know what would be humbling, if you stopped talking to the media.

I still don't know where this fools headed...LA p-p-p-p-pleaseeeee...

You honestly don't think they will be making those ^^ post if Dwight was humbled by staples center crowed, do you?

smith&wesson
02-23-2012, 02:31 PM
what has the nba come too ??

D1JM
02-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Humbled for 12 dollar seats? Was it even sold out? :laugh2:

BigCityofDreams
02-23-2012, 02:39 PM
I don't think it was

He115ing
02-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Melodrama 2.0

ThunderousDemon
02-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Lol Lakers fans mad....I bet if Dwight was humbled by stapls center crowed they would be ecstatic.

:bla:

D12 fan
02-23-2012, 02:43 PM
If the Nets get Dwight in FA,they can build one hell of a team with the pieces they have.

Lopez,Brooks,lottery pick,Hou 1rd pick add Dwill/Dwight they are the best team in NY already.

Melo/Amare are not real superstars,they need a pg to get them the ball,Dwight has lead a team with the 3rd best record in the East,and he has no other star player to play with,imagine him with Dwill.

Evolution23
02-23-2012, 02:45 PM
This guy is a diva. I don't think he is a player you can rely on in big games. He is more of a joker than baller.

MattyAction
02-23-2012, 02:46 PM

I'm fully aware of the location of the arena. I live uptown and work in midtown. I'm just saying that Barclays will be 7 minutes from Wall street.You can get to the arena in the same time if not quicker than MSG from down there. Some of you are acting as if they are moving upstate or something. There will be plenty of people willing to travel 10 minutes on the subway. I understand that the Knicks following has been huge for many years, but there will be a nice amount of buzz about this new arena environment. Along with a chance to build on that if you have a winner there.

As for Long Island, there will be a hub for LI Railroad under the arena. Commute to and from Manhattan should be fairly easy. You cant really compare attendance to the Nets in north jersey to what they will be in BK. The Devils won multiple Cups and couldnt draw. I tjhink the location and the people there had something to do with that.

ThunderousDemon
02-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Dude, I am not saying all of them. For example:

You honestly don't think they will be making those ^^ post if Dwight was humbled by staples center crowed, do you?

I don't care what you think and do you even know what humbled means? If anything his ego just went up.

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 02:49 PM
I think dwight was trying too hard to be politically correct and didnt realize that he said humbled 50 times

ThunderousDemon
02-23-2012, 02:49 PM
The bottom line is the magic won't get an equal deal if he's traded to the Nets or the Lakers. The Nets need him because without him Deron will most likely leave, but I don't think the Magic wan't a couple scrubs and picks in return for the best center in the league.

MattyAction
02-23-2012, 02:50 PM
This guy is a diva. I don't think he is a player you can rely on in big games. He is more of a joker than baller.

Sounds like someone we know. #7 . Imagine if dwight was rumored to be going to the Knicks? I somehow think Knicks fans would be singing another tune. :rolleyes:

netsgiantsyanks
02-23-2012, 03:11 PM
The bottom line is the magic won't get an equal deal if he's traded to the Nets or the Lakers. The Nets need him because without him Deron will most likely leave, but I don't think the Magic wan't a couple scrubs and picks in return for the best center in the league.

a couple of scrubs? brooks and brook aren't scrubs. and in the magic point of view, something is better than nothing.

oak2455
02-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Sounds like someone we know. #7 . Imagine if dwight was rumored to be going to the Knicks? I somehow think Knicks fans would be singing another tune. :rolleyes:

you are wrong Action:D

MattyAction
02-23-2012, 03:16 PM
you are wrong Action:D

you guys wouldnt want dwight on your team? Melo or stat straight up for Dwight and you would say no?

oak2455
02-23-2012, 03:21 PM
you guys wouldnt want dwight on your team? Melo or stat straight up for Dwight and you would say no?

Stat yes... not # 7 but thanks, and its not my team :D

NYsFinest
02-23-2012, 03:22 PM

What happens to Chandler then? I'd rather have Melo and Chandler over just Dwight

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm fully aware of the location of the arena. I live uptown and work in midtown. I'm just saying that Barclays will be 7 minutes from Wall street.You can get to the arena in the same time if not quicker than MSG from down there. Some of you are acting as if they are moving upstate or something. There will be plenty of people willing to travel 10 minutes on the subway. I understand that the Knicks following has been huge for many years, but there will be a nice amount of buzz about this new arena environment. Along with a chance to build on that if you have a winner there.

As for Long Island, there will be a hub for LI Railroad under the arena. Commute to and from Manhattan should be fairly easy. You cant really compare attendance to the Nets in north jersey to what they will be in BK. The Devils won multiple Cups and couldnt draw. I tjhink the location and the people there had something to do with that.

Bingo...

NYsFinest
02-23-2012, 03:29 PM
I heard the Nets packed the arena last night... all 6 fans showed up. I would be humbled too

oak2455
02-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Bingo...

Chill you know I don't care, but Brooklyn isn't much better than Newark:eyebrow:

Rockice_8
02-23-2012, 03:31 PM
I heard the Nets packed the arena last night... all 6 fans showed up. I would be humbled too

All six fans are going to be cheering then when they hoist the trophy before the Knicks.

oak2455
02-23-2012, 03:32 PM

6 fans, thats not funny....seriously they didnt sell out, not even close

oak2455
02-23-2012, 03:34 PM
All six fans are going to be cheering then when they hoist the trophy before the Knicks.

is this DoMeFavors?? lol ..come on man they need a lot more than D12, thats if he goes... if he doesn't ohhhh boy Net fans ..... thats all I gotta say.... It could be like Cliff Lee remember that?

NYsFinest
02-23-2012, 03:34 PM

How about you get Dwight Howard and build a team around him that can win first before making championship plans...

oak2455
02-23-2012, 03:36 PM
well I'm outta here Big Game tonight!!!

MattyAction
02-23-2012, 03:38 PM
I don't get this love for Melo. To me, he's a 6'8 Iverson. A ballstoper that just freezes out teammates. I'm not saying its intentional, but its almost like his teammates stop and lose interest. He just doesnt make anyone around him better.
An as far as Amare, I feel bad for him. He chose to sign there and carried that team for the first half last year. Dominated to basically MVP discussion. Everyone loved him. He played hard with enthusiasm. Melo shows up and fans forget what he did.

When Amare was the main focus, they were running the pick and roll and backcutting for easy buckets off the wing. I'm a Nets fan but man were they playing good O. Fun to watch. Nice mix of motion, ball movement and P&R. I just kind of feel bad for the guy.

NYsFinest
02-23-2012, 03:40 PM
I don't get this love for Melo. To me, he's a 6'8 Iverson. A ballstoper that just freezes out teammates. I'm not saying its intentional, but its almost like his teammates stop and lose interest. He just doesnt make anyone around him better.
An as far as Amare, I feel bad for him. He chose to sign there and carried that team for the first half last year. Dominated to basically MVP discussion. Everyone loved him. He played hard with enthusiasm. Melo shows up and fans forget what he did.

When Amare was the main focus, they were running the pick and roll and backcutting for easy buckets off the wing. I'm a Nets fan but man were they playing good O. Fun to watch. Nice mix of motion, ball movement and P&R. I just kind of feel bad for the guy.

How about you watch Melo play instead of listening to ESPN... Melo plays far from selfish. Just because his offensive style involves some 1 on 1 moves doesn't mean he freezes out teamates, it just him maximizing his skill. There was a point this season when he had to force the action a bit because the Knicks had Toney Douglas as their PG.

MattyAction
02-23-2012, 04:29 PM
How about you watch Melo play instead of listening to ESPN... Melo plays far from selfish. Just because his offensive style involves some 1 on 1 moves doesn't mean he freezes out teamates, it just him maximizing his skill. There was a point this season when he had to force the action a bit because the Knicks had Toney Douglas as their PG.

I live in the city. I watch most games. I actually hate ESPN. He simply doesnt make players around him better. Ask George Karl. He had a fantastic run when he was 19 in college. Since then, not a whole lot of team success, just personal accolades and a high scoring average. Even Knicks fans have to see how stagnant the offense looks when he gets the ball. In fact many do. Just some blindly claim that hes the best player in the league.
So he shot a lot because Toney D was the point? How about when chauncey was with him? In Den or NY. It doesnt matter who the damn pg is. He needs a ton of shots.

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Chill you know I don't care, but Brooklyn isn't much better than Newark:eyebrow:

Watch these two 50 second clips and tell me why Brooklyn cant do it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmFEYMoeSyQ

If those guys can do it with a good team why cant Brooklyn with two stars in the largest market?

CityofTreez
02-23-2012, 04:47 PM
So "Humbled" means he's coming to New Jersey/Brooklyn?

MattyAction
02-23-2012, 04:54 PM
So "Humbled" means he's coming to New Jersey/Brooklyn?
I dont think thats what people were hinting at(Hes coming because of this)

gaughan333
02-23-2012, 05:01 PM

This. I came into this thread expecting to hear a story about how he got booed or something.

dtmagnet
02-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Dwight really is dumb, he doesn't even know what "humbled" means...

ThunderousDemon
02-23-2012, 05:10 PM
a couple of scrubs? brooks and brook aren't scrubs. and in the magic point of view, something is better than nothing.

They're scrubs, get over it

ThunderousDemon
02-23-2012, 05:12 PM

Then they should trade Dwight for Rasual Butler then if something is better than nothing. :facepalm:

jmoney85
02-23-2012, 05:14 PM
we're moving to brooklyn for a reason. even when we were in the finals, we weren't selling out.

uhh yes we were

I remembere the eastern conference finals against detroit scalping tickets in the parking lot because we were sold out

Vampirate
02-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Honestly if Deron landed in Dallas and then Dwight said that's where he wants to be traded I would let Dwight walk. Yes you wouldn't get anything back but atleast you wouldn't be held hostage by an nba player, like teams are these days.

ThunderousDemon
02-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Honestly if Deron landed in Dallas and then Dwight said that's where he wants to be traded I would let Dwight walk. Yes you wouldn't get anything back but atleast you wouldn't be held hostage by an nba player, like teams are these days.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

D12 fan
02-23-2012, 05:27 PM
If the Magic let Dwight walk,they would be commiting suicide,No way they let Dwight walk without at least a bit of hope that he will resign.Rumors are they will both meet March 1st and they will make a decision.If Dwight gives them a little bit of hope of resigning,I think they gamble and keep him,If he just says im out,I think they have no choice but to trade him to NJ.They can't afford to lose another great center for a second time in franchise history.

oak2455
02-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Watch these two 50 second clips and tell me why Brooklyn cant do it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmFEYMoeSyQ

If those guys can do it with a good team why cant Brooklyn with two stars in the largest market?

Sorry funny videos but Cleveland has one team if you said LA then I would be ok with it.. Going forward whats the other poster talking about selling out playoff games?? There was zero interest in NJ when they were in the playoffs... Not being a dick but there weren't any sellouts especially against Detroit

KnicksR4Real
02-23-2012, 05:33 PM
The word humble is so overused

MJ-BULLS
02-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Howard is not humble.

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 05:48 PM
hum·ble (hmbl)

1. Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.

2. Showing deferential or submissive respect: a humble apology.

3. Low in rank, quality, or station; unpretentious or lowly: a humble cottage.

tr.v. hum·bled, hum·bling, hum·bles

1. To curtail or destroy the pride of; humiliate.

2. To cause to be meek or modest in spirit.

3. To give a lower condition or station to; abase.

oohhh dwight, if only you had gone to college

Chill_Will_24
02-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Sorry funny videos but Cleveland has one team if you said LA then I would be ok with it.. Going forward whats the other poster talking about selling out playoff games?? There was zero interest in NJ when they were in the playoffs... Not being a dick but there weren't any sellouts especially against Detroit

Meh i wasnt comparing.. i just felt like showing you those videos cuz i find them funny as hell. Im done speculating on Brooklyn. I think if the Nets are winning Brooklyn will support their new team. If they are losing they will draw fans the first few weeks because of the arena but fan attendance will die