PDA

View Full Version : Knicks @ HEAT most anticipated game?

Kashmir13579
02-22-2012, 11:00 PM
With Miami crushing the competition on a nightly basis, and the recent ascension of the Knicks, hype for tomorrow's game seems to be at an all time high. Is this the most anticipated game of the season so far?

Yes/No and Why.

knicks=love
02-22-2012, 11:03 PM
i've been waiting for this game for about 2 weeks. and now that we're finally healthy, i'm anxious to play some "real" competition (outside of the mavs) and to see how we match up against the heat. it should be a great game. good thing i don't have basketball on thursdays! i wouldn't be shocked if TNT broke a record for most viewers for a regular season game.

Kenny
02-22-2012, 11:08 PM
i've been waiting for this game for about 2 weeks. and now that we're finally healthy, i'm anxious to play some "real" competition (outside of the mavs) and to see how we match up against the heat. it should be a great game. good thing i don't have basketball on thursdays! i wouldn't be shocked if TNT broke a record for most viewers for a regular season game.

Iman Shumpert injury hurts being the best perimeter defender on the team.

ChiSox219
02-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Thunder vs Bulls or Heat

Kashmir13579
02-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Iman Shumpert injury hurts being the best perimeter defender on the team.

Yeah thats huge if he can't play. The Knicks don't have a chance without him, realistically.

Avenged
02-22-2012, 11:10 PM
I haven't been waiting for this game, and can careless who wins since it's out East.

Hope it's a good one though.

DaVille
02-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Statement game for both teams.

xxplayerxx23
02-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Im so exicted, No shumpert is going to hurt, but we match up with them well. key to the game is obvious contain wade and they have a shot, If we play with the same energy defensivly and great ball movement we have a shot to get the upset in there house :p

lvlheaded
02-22-2012, 11:14 PM
For knick fans it certainly is. It gives them a chance to see how far they have come and how they stack up. Unfortunately it looks like no Shump which would be a huge blow on D

Dade County
02-22-2012, 11:15 PM
I think Thunder vs HEAT would be a bigger game ....

Don't get me wrong, I hope the HEAT crush the Knicks ... I just think this match up would be better if Melo didn't miss like 7 games during the Linsanity.

Slimsim
02-22-2012, 11:15 PM
I just hope we can keep it close and exciting but to will kill us

Dade County
02-22-2012, 11:19 PM
I think Jr smith goes off, but Wade and Lbj go crazy and score like 30 to 40pts each with ease.

Chandler will have to stay out of foul trouble.

Kucka
02-22-2012, 11:19 PM
i think thunder vs heat would be a bigger game ....

+1

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Im so exicted, No shumpert is going to hurt, but we match up with them well. key to the game is obvious contain wade and they have a shot, If we play with the same energy defensivly and great ball movement we have a shot to get the upset in there house :p

good luck with that, wade has 11 games in a row shooting over 50% and he has been averaging 18points in the first half

JC_
02-22-2012, 11:22 PM
To me the Bulls - Heat matchup was much bigger but hopefully this will be a good game. I've been watching the knicks and they've been playing inspired bball but I don't think they are a top tier team like Miami yet.

Fnom11
02-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Statement game for both teams.

Not really. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Heat take it easy and play their starters light minutes.

Kashmir13579
02-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Not really. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Heat take it easy and play their starters light minutes.

Its a statement game for Miami because their amazing play has been largely uncovered and overlooked during Linsanity.

D-Leethal
02-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Were going to miss Shump but we have a lot of different looks we can throw at Wade...our bench is pretty potent and BDiddy looked like he was having fun with JR and Novak out there for tons of lobs and wide open 3 balls....Lin to Melo connection was alive and well....going to be a fun game tomorrow, can't wait

Bubba313
02-22-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm very curious as to how the Heat are gonna defend Lin... I'm not sure putting Lebron on him is a great idea

He115ing
Knicks whooped heats *** last year, hope they do it again

justinnum1
reynolds
Dwyane Wade (28.7) and LeBron James (28.0) rank 1 and 2 among active players in career scoring average against the Knicks.

:)

DaVille
02-22-2012, 11:30 PM
reynolds

:)

only one ball homie, Lance Armstrong.

Slug3
02-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Heat and Knicks are both coming to play tomorrow.

ManningToTyree
02-22-2012, 11:33 PM
only one ball homie, Lance Armstrong.

:laugh2:

Would be more excited if Shumpert was playing. Wade is going to go off. Hopefully Melo and Lin can do the same and keep it close.

Canterbury
02-22-2012, 11:33 PM
I don't think so since there is no hype building up to a Knicks/Heat game.

It's really just one of the best teams in the league vs a team that had Lin fall on their lap a few weeks ago.

Kashmir13579
02-22-2012, 11:34 PM
It's really just one of the best teams in the league vs a team that had Lin fall on their lap a few weeks ago.

Exactly.

justinnum1
I can see how this will play out

Heat win-it was expected, knicks still need time to gel, shump wasn't playing

Knicks win-knicks will win the title this season, heat suck, lin is the goat

But seriously, i'm pumped about this game. Both teams are gonna bring it, should be very competitive.

gotoHcarolina52
So I take it that Iman Shumpert's absence will be the excuse du jour

naps
Yeah thats huge if he can't play. The Knicks don't have a chance without him, realistically.

So now the Knicks don't have any chance without Iman "The GOAT" Shumpert? I am aware that he's a good defender but where does he rank in Knicks best players ranking?

Good to know that you will have an excuse ready if the Knicks lose the game. "Because we didn't have the GOAT."

gotoHcarolina52
02-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Tim Reynolds

Number of points scored in the NBA since the Knicks last won a playoff game? 2,471,625, entering tonight.

Avenged
02-22-2012, 11:37 PM
So now the Knicks don't have any chance without Iman "The GOAT" Shumpert? I am aware that he's a good defender but where does he rank in Knicks best players ranking?

Good to know that you will have an excuse ready if the Knicks lose the game. "Because we didn't have the GOAT."

He didn't say that.

Kashmir13579
02-22-2012, 11:38 PM
So now the Knicks don't have any chance without Iman "The GOAT" Shumpert? Where does he rank in Knicks best players ranking?

You're being a troll. Iman is easily the Knicks best defender and their only hope at slowing down Wade. Knicks don't need any excuse when they lose other than they aren't close to as good as the Heat.

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 11:39 PM

One of them. Knicks really have nothing to lose in this game.

Fnom11
02-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Its a statement game for Miami because their amazing play has been largely uncovered and overlooked during Linsanity.

Statement game means they have something to prove. They have nothing to prove against the Knicks, at least not yet.

xxplayerxx23
02-22-2012, 11:40 PM
good to know i have a stat for you,GotoCarolina52 2.2 Lebron james fourth quater average in the finals last year

xxplayerxx23
02-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Statement game means they have something to prove. They have nothing to prove against the Knicks, at least not yet.

I think the fact that the knicks match up well with the heat(maybe even the best matchup wise) that the heat wont want to lose this one, knicks split last year and this is there first game with the knicks healthy. Should be a good one I dont think the heat will call it a statment game but they def dont want to lose to "Linsainty"

Dade County
02-22-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm very curious as to how the Heat are gonna defend Lin... I'm not sure putting Lebron on him is a great idea

Wade, Lbj, & Battier ... We are good.

And Lin hasn't met the Cole train ... :cool:

Kashmir13579
02-22-2012, 11:42 PM
HEAT FANS. Knicks don't need an excuse if they lose to the best team in the NBA. Knicks are obviously heavy underdogs in this game.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-22-2012, 11:45 PM
Naw, I think Shaq's return to LA in December 2004 followed by LeBron's return to Cleveland last yr were bigger and way more anticipated.

Fnom11
02-22-2012, 11:45 PM
good to know i have a stat for you,GotoCarolina52 2.2 Lebron james fourth quater average in the finals last year

Hey remember when your team lost in the first round? Me too.

Fnom11
02-22-2012, 11:46 PM
HEAT FANS. Knicks don't need an excuse if they lose to the best team in the NBA. Knicks are obviously heavy underdogs in this game.

But the Knicks have Lin, the best player in the league, Right ESPN?

jiggin
02-22-2012, 11:48 PM
only if you are a Knicks or heat fan.

Really...you two fan groups need to get over yourselves...seriously.

topdog
02-22-2012, 11:48 PM
No. Honestly I think people would be more hyped for Clippers-Heat or something like that. New York's "big 3" isn't exactly what people were imagining - Paul.

Personally, I don't especially enjoy watching the Heat (not a fan of "superstardom") and would rather see a team like OKC, Denver, Mem...maybe

Kashmir13579
02-22-2012, 11:49 PM
I shouldn't have expected anything less when i started this thread. :pity:

Someday i'll learn.

Fnom11
02-22-2012, 11:49 PM
hey remember Not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not7.....? Me too

That's actually still capable of happening...Unlikely but capable.

NYtilIdie
02-22-2012, 11:50 PM

Remember when your team choked on the biggest stage last year? Yeah, so does everybody else.

xxplayerxx23
That's actually still capable of happening...Unlikely but capable.

he has 5 years left on his contract, Unless he resigns(which is probable unless you guys dont win one) then it is impossible

Fnom11
Remember when your team choked on the biggest stage? Yeah, so does everybody else.

Nope.

naps
02-22-2012, 11:51 PM
He didn't say that.

He said they don't have any chance without Shumpert. Since when a team has no chance of beating another when a bench player is missing? And for that excuse part, he didn't make one because the game is yet to be played. I am not saying he'll make it but make sure you keep an eye on the game thread tomorrow if the Knicks happen to lose. I am damn sure there will be plenty of people proving my statement.

knicksfan42
02-22-2012, 11:52 PM

The "excuse" or more correctly the statement of fact will be the officiating. I can easily see you guys getting 20+ fts against us. That wouldn't be the huge problem though, the big problem will be the refs allowing Joel to massacre whoever he wants (just like he does every game) and the refs keeping Tyson in foul trouble.

Kashmir13579
He said they don't have any chance without Shumpert. Since when a team has no chance of beating another when a bench player is missing? And for that excuse part, he didn't make one because the game is yet to be played. I am not saying he'll make it but make sure you keep an eye on the game thread tomorrow if the Knicks happen to lose. I am damn sure there will be plenty of people proving my statement.

We barely have a chance with Shumpert, let alone without him. Thats what i meant. I can't account for all PSDs hoopleheads.

xxplayerxx23

No, Get out of here, Homer fans will say that, We dont need an excuse, were the underdogs againts the best team in theNBA at the moment there also on fire. Shumpert hurts because he could of helped contain wade, Now we have to hope fields, smith and help from chandler will be enough to even hold him under 30

naps
02-22-2012, 11:53 PM
You're being a troll. Iman is easily the Knicks best defender and their only hope at slowing down Wade. Knicks don't need any excuse when they lose other than they aren't close to as good as the Heat.

No, he's not. If I am thinking about someone's defense that's Tyson Chandler, not Shumpert. Let's be honest when was the last time you heard a team has no chance of beating another when a bench player is missing? He's a good defender and all but nowhere close being their best player. Melo can go off and win the game. Lin can go off win the game and so on.

Fnom11
The "excuse" or more correctly the statement of fact will be the officiating. I can easily see you guys getting 20+ fts against us. That wouldn't be the huge problem though, the big problem will be the refs allowing Joel to massacre whoever he wants (just like he does every game) and the refs keeping Tyson in foul trouble.

L
o
L

justinnum1

Thats for sure, like i said.

Heat win-its expected, knicks still need to gel, shump was out

knicks win-heat suck, knicks will win title, lin is goat

lol, cant wait(bart scott voice)

Ill21

Hey remember when you became a heat fan in 2010 when the big three was formed? O wait let me guess you have been a fan since the hardaway days.

Corey
02-22-2012, 11:55 PM
This thread is out of control already. Instead of infracting those of you that are slinging jabs, consider this a warning.

If these petty arguments carry over into other threads, you will be infracted.

Clean it up.