Sixth Man:Novack
DPOY:Shumpert
Rookie of the year: Lin
Coach of the year: Scot Brooks
Most Improved: Lin
GM of the year: Donnie Walsh

xxplayerxx23
02-22-2012, 07:44 PM
oh my god close this before anyone sees, I Would face palm you a thousand times but thats not me, Ill leave justin forthat :D

mdm692
02-22-2012, 07:50 PM
when did lin become a rookie. everything else except for mvp :facepalm:

beasted86
02-22-2012, 07:51 PM
MVP: LeBron James
Sixth Man: Udonis Haslem
DPOY: Dwyane Wade
ROY: Norris Cole
Coach of the Year: Erik Spoelstra
Most Improved: Mario Chalmers
GM of the Year: Pat Riley

Melo4MVP2012
02-22-2012, 07:52 PM

what has riley done this year outside of acquiring battier?

the knicks got lin, novack and chandler this year

mdm692
02-22-2012, 07:55 PM
. . .Anywaaaaaays

MVP: Lebron
Sixth Man: James Harde
DPOY: Dwight Howard(again)
ROY: Kyrie Irving
Coach of the Year: Tim Thiboddeu
Most Improved: Jeremy Lin(He should win this one by a landslide)
GM of the Year: Donnie Walsh(actually did a good job)

xxplayerxx23
02-22-2012, 07:56 PM
oh god it got out smh

ManRam
02-22-2012, 07:59 PM
1st: oh my homer...impressive work. hard to find dedicated homers like that these days ;)

lin isn't a rookie...so that's even more impressive! also, you seem to love steve novak, maybe eventually you'll learn to love how to spell it correctly.

MVP: Lebron - this is easy. he's easily been the league's best player, and he's on the league's best team. usually that's enough to do it...but not when people hate him for anything and everything

Sixth Man: harden - again, easy. his stats are tremendous, he's the third, and really the last scoring option on that team. he does it all. amazing talent.

DPOY: iguodala - philly's defense has been tremendous this year, all without a defensive big man. they're one of the rare teams that has created a great defense from outside in, and it all starts with Iggy. i really think that pound-for-pound he's been the best defender in the NBA

Rookie of the year: Kyrie - again, easy. no rookie has been half as great as he has. having one of the best rookie seasons ever.

Coach of the year: Doug Collins - philly has to keep it up, but how can you not love what he's doing? honorable mention to gregg popovich...who i think is the best coach in the league, and is doing a hell of a job.

Most Improved: Lin - linsanity is getting really annoying, but sure...i'll give him this

GM of the year: IDK...don't care to look it up either ;)

for someone that watches 95% of dwight's games, he hasn't been the force he's been the past few years. still might have the biggest impact by default, but again, pound-for-pound, i think iggy is having a better defensive season.

Sota4Ever
02-22-2012, 08:01 PM
MVP: Durant
Sixth Man: Harden
DPOY: Howard(why not) or IGGY and smh at shumpert.
ROY: RUBIO!
Coach of the Year: Adelman
MIP: Pekovic
GM: No idea

Avenged
02-22-2012, 08:06 PM
MVP - Lebron or Durant
DPOY - Dwight
ROY - Irving without a doubt!
MIP -Lin

HouRealCoach
02-22-2012, 08:11 PM
MVP:Lebron

U spelled Novak wrong, Lin aint a rookie, Walsh aint a gm... I get the joke tho lol

koetravis
02-22-2012, 08:15 PM
How can Lin be 'Most Improved'? We didn't know him last year. MIP goes to Lowry.

ThePooH_1_
02-22-2012, 08:18 PM
what has riley done this year outside of acquiring battier?

the knicks got lin, novack and chandler this year

Novak? :rolleyes:

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Lebron

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 08:22 PM
oh my god close this before anyone sees, I Would face palm you a thousand times but thats not me, Ill leave justin forthat :D

No faceplams for me here...if lin was an option, that for sure.

ManRam
02-22-2012, 08:30 PM
How can Lin be 'Most Improved'? We didn't know him last year. MIP goes to Lowry.

most big time nba fans knew who jeremy lin was...or even college fans.

he played in 30 games last year....10 minutes a game. he was there...he just wasn't producing at 1/50th of the level he is now.

a lot of worthy candidates, and the MIP award always seems to bring out a differing of opinions as to who should be qualified and who shouldn't.

ManningToTyree
02-22-2012, 08:34 PM

You are either A) James Dolan, B) A troll, or C) 12 years old.

Corey
02-22-2012, 08:36 PM
MVP = Kevin Durant

Rookie = Kyrie Irving

Coach = Big Pop

DPOY = Serge Ibaka

6th Man = James Harden / Lou Williams

Most Improved = Ryan Anderson

/thread

DerekCzajkowski
02-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Can I say HOMMMMEEERRRR

Sota4Ever
02-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Will Adelman get any consideration for Coach of the year. Timberwolves all of last year won 17 games they are at 16 right now?

Baller1
02-22-2012, 08:45 PM
DPOY: Ibaka
ROY: Rubio
6th: Harden
COY: Popovich
MI: Lin

I only chose Ibaka to switch it up, and because Dwight hasn't been the same defensive force we've grown accustomed to seeing.

bklynny67
02-22-2012, 08:46 PM

ok crazy homer! lol :facepalm:

Cfrey
02-22-2012, 08:48 PM
lebron for mvp

makes me sick 2 ppl chose kobe like double you tee eff

IndiansFan337
02-22-2012, 09:22 PM
MVP = LeBron
COY = Popovich
ROY = Irving
6th MOY = Harden
DPOY = Howard

LayZbone
02-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Runner-ups in gray.

MVP: Lebron James (Kevin Durant, Chris Paul)

Sixth Man: James Harden (Lou Williams)

DPOY: Dwight Howard (Andre Iguodala, Lebron James)

Rookie of the year: Kyrie Irving (Ricky Rubio)

Coach of the year: Greg Popovich (Doug Collins, Scott Brooks)

Most Improved: Jeremy Lin (Ryan Anderson, Kyle Lowry)

UPRock
02-22-2012, 09:47 PM
6th Man: James Harden
Most Improved: Jeremy Lin
Coach of the Year: Eric Spoelstra
Defensive Player: Serge Ibaka
Rookie of the year: Kyrie Irving

SKINSZARDS
02-22-2012, 09:47 PM
MVP-Lebron
DPOY-Iggy
ROY-Rubio if you can consider him (I mean they did it with Blake)
COY-Scott Brooks

MTL_123
02-22-2012, 09:48 PM
how can lin be 'most improved'? We didn't know him last year. Mip goes to lowry.

+100000

DChibes
02-23-2012, 01:52 AM
. . .Anywaaaaaays

Sixth Man: James Harde
DPOY: Dwight Howard(again)
Coach of the Year: Tim Thiboddeu
Most Improved: Jeremy Lin(He should win this one by a landslide)
GM of the Year: Donnie Walsh(actually did a good job)

Yea i agree with these....James Harden btw, but hes been great and Tibs is an amazing coach. Irving has been the ROY and LeBron is MVP no problem

Good Post:up:

DChibes
02-23-2012, 01:56 AM
6th Man: James Harden
Coach of the Year: Eric Spoelstra
Defensive Player: Serge Ibaka

Spoelstra is a horrible coach...He does not demand respect from his players and lets them walk all over him. He can not control Wade and Lebron because he has no self confidence. Until he realizes that no one on that team will respect him unless LeBron does, Miami is in for some trouble. The Reason the Chicago Bulls play so well is because Coach Tibs doesnt give a ****** who you are. If you dont play to his standards of hustle and toughness, then he will take you out. Spoelstra wont do that.

Gators123
02-23-2012, 01:59 AM
MVP- LeBron

DPOY- Iggy

ROY- Irving

MIP- Monroe

6th man- Harden

DChibes
02-23-2012, 02:01 AM
ok crazy homer! lol :facepalm:

homer really? Cause Lowry has been very good this year....His 3 point % is up 8 points, his Free Throw % is up 111, his Reb Ast and Stl are up a point and his PPG is is up 2 points....and hes only played half the games. Lowry is having a great season man he is just in a small market

Ezio
02-23-2012, 02:20 AM
DPOY: Iggy
ROY: Irving
MIP: Lowry
6th man: Harden (should be a starter)
COY: Too early to tell
GM: Dunno

Baller1
02-23-2012, 02:30 AM
Every time I see one of you put Brooks as coach of the years, I cringe.

I would nominate him for shittiest coach of the year if I could. Good guy, smart basketball mind, terrrrrrrrrible coach.

Sadds The Gr8
02-23-2012, 02:32 AM

loooooooooooooool

rockets-fan
02-23-2012, 03:43 AM
homer really? Cause Lowry has been very good this year....His 3 point % is up 8 points, his Free Throw % is up 111, his Reb Ast and Stl are up a point and his PPG is is up 2 points....and hes only played half the games. Lowry is having a great season man he is just in a small market

:clap:

at least some people dont make thier opinions based on espn.

Sactown
02-23-2012, 03:56 AM
:clap:

at least some people dont make thier opinions based on espn.

MIP is between Pek/Lin/Kyle/Anderson

Hawkeye15
02-23-2012, 09:57 AM

Lin will easily win MIP at this point, even if he regresses big time. Lowry has become an elite PG, but that will continue to go unoticed by most.

theheatles
02-23-2012, 10:13 AM

i love it

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 10:15 AM
MIP is between Pek/Lin/Kyle/Anderson

i agree with this for MIP... if PSD could decide, i think it would be Pek in the end.
If ESPN decided, itd be Lin

theheatles
02-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Sixth Man: James Harden
DPOY: Dwight Howard
Coach of the Year: Gregg Popovich
Most Improved: Ryan Anderson

ghettosean
02-23-2012, 10:20 AM
MVP: Kevin Durant
DPOY: Dwight Howard (He'll get this award in New Jersey)
Coach of the Year: Gregg Popovich (it's early but he's my choice for now)
GM of the Year: Lets wait till the trade deadline and decide that one

I know no one would admit this but I can't consider Lebron MVP only because he's playing with a top 3 player in the league with D-Wade and a multiple all star in Bosh in there primes. Even when LBJ and Wade were both injured Bosh found a way to get it done for Miami which makes me think...

Is he really as valuable as everyone is making him out to be for this team? Or is he just a stat stuffer. If LBJ went down as long as Wade I think he could have shouldered the winning load as much as Lebron did.

I'll give a few honorable mentions for MVP:

Kobe - He's hogging the ball no doubt but he has slandered management recently to get a little more out of his team and if they keep winning against good teams like they have the past couple of games I might throw his name in there at the end of this season (not now!)

CP3 - I'm surprised no one has picked him yet to be perfectly honest but this guy joined LAC this year and brought them up from an underachieving team who didn't make the playoffs last year into contenders for the western conference champs.

uprightciti
02-23-2012, 10:26 AM
DPOY: Dwight
Rookie of the year: Irving
Coach of the year: Scott Brooks
GM of the year: Glen Grundwald
(jr smith, mike bibby, tyson chandler, baron davis, iman shumpert, jeremy lin, jerome jordon, steve novak WITH ZERO TRADES!!)

uprightciti
02-23-2012, 10:27 AM
oh and jorts

knicksfan42
02-23-2012, 10:29 AM

His 3 point % is is down .001, his FG % is down 1 point.

He went from: 13.5 PPG, 6.7 APG, 4.1 RPG, 1.4 SPG, 2.11 TOs per game, 3p% .376%, FG% .426%, and .765% ft%

To this: 15.6 PPG, 7.6 APG, 5.3 RPG, 2.0 SPG, 3.0 TOs per game, 3p% .375%, FG% .417%, and a .872% ft%

Lin should be MIP, if not him than Pekovic.

knicksfan42
02-23-2012, 10:31 AM
GM of the year: Glen Grundwald
(jr smith, mike bibby, tyson chandler, baron davis, iman shumpert, jeremy lin, jerome jordon, steve novak WITH ZERO TRADES!!)

He should be, however, the team has to have a top 3-4 record at least.

Kashmir13579
02-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Wow mods sleeping at the wheel. Ya'll getting the wool pulled over your eyes if you don't realize this is a troll.

ghettosean
02-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Coach of the Year: Gregg Popovich
Most Improved: Ryan Anderson

I don't think the league is as excited about your aquisitions of Shane Battier and Eddy Curry though I will admit Norris Cole was a good pick up but still GM of the year?!?

REALLY????

Jint.
02-23-2012, 10:46 AM
DPOY: Ibaka
Coach of the Year: Karl
MIP: Lin
GM: ???

Jint.
02-23-2012, 10:49 AM

how could you be 6th man of the league, and not even 6th man on your own team.?

Ill21
02-23-2012, 10:53 AM

Lin is not a rookie and Donnie Walsh is not our gm.

uprightciti
02-23-2012, 11:06 AM

YES HE IS AND YES HE IS!!!!!!lol

celtNYpatsHeels
02-23-2012, 11:11 AM
DPOY: Howard
Rookie of the year: Kyrie
Coach of the year: Spolstra
Most Improved: Lowry
GM of the year: Neil Olshey

celtNYpatsHeels
02-23-2012, 11:12 AM
YES HE IS AND YES HE IS!!!!!!lol

Glen Grunwald is the Knicks GM

Jint.
02-23-2012, 11:16 AM

MVP: Patrick Ewing

Daunter
02-23-2012, 11:19 AM
MVP:Kevin Durant
6thman:James Harden
DPOTY:Serge Ibaka
MIP: Jeremy Lin
ROTY:Ricky Rubio
COTY: Scott Brooks

Huss-O-Lin
02-23-2012, 11:19 AM
MVP: Chris Paul
Sixth Man: JR Smith
DPOY: Dwight Heezy
Rookie of the year: Kyrie
Coach of the year: Doug Collins in Philly
Most Improved: Chinky
GM of the year: LA Cips GM
2012 NBA Champions: LA Lakers
Finals MVP: Kobe

AceMan
02-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Before getting into the many, many, MANY incorrect things said in this thread I wanna point out the Donnie Walsh is no longer the Knicks GM.

FutureGM
02-23-2012, 12:21 PM
MVP: Durant (or Lebron) still an open race (whichever team has the best record).
Rookie of the Year: Going to be Irving but I would like it to be Rubio.
MIP: It's going to be Lin but it should have been Lowry.
Coach of the Year: Popovich
GM of the Year: Who ever put Lin in New York should receive a medal.

latinofire21
02-23-2012, 12:49 PM
MVP:Durant - Still think this is one of those races this year that will be determined on the last day of the season. Lots of options for this one this year. Rose shouldnt be listed on the poll though because he has missed a lot of the season. Lebron wont win MVP because of who hes paired with. It would be depressing if he couldnt do what hes doing now with Wade and Bosh.

Sixth Man: harden - again, easy. his stats are tremendous, he's the third, and really the last scoring option on that team. he does it all. amazing talent. I agree with this completely.

DPOY:Tyson Chandler - The Knicks defense is night and day with this guy on and off the floor. He turned one of the worst defenses into a top 5 defense. If the Knicks keep their top tier defense for the rest of the season I think Tyson wins this.

Rookie of the year: Kyrie - Doing more with less. Way better option then Rubio. Shumpert has been too injured to be considered for this anymore. The only person in my opinion that may be able to catch him is Brooks in NJ but I think thats even doubtful at this point.

Coach of the year: Doug Collins - If they keep losing he will lose this award. Dark Horses depending on the second half of the season would be Del Negro and Dantoni.

Most Improved: Lin - linsanity is getting really annoying, but sure...i'll give him this

GM of the year: Glen Grunwald - Made all the right moves filling out the Knicks roster. Got us Lin, Novak, JR Smith, Chandler, Jorts, Shumpert, Jefferies, and Baron Davis all in 1 off season. He took the helm in this chaotic shortened season and worked a very difficult deal in getting Tyson here. He flipped the roster and gave us a team to compete with before the end of the season. What actually impresses me most about what Grunwald has done is that he really left nothing unturned he went after everything and worked through it 100 percent before moving on to the next person.

In my opinion there isnt a GM out there that has done a better job this season.

latinofire21
02-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Will Adelman get any consideration for Coach of the year. Timberwolves all of last year won 17 games they are at 16 right now?

No Adelman will not be considered for COY. Twolves have done nothing to deserve him to even be mentioned in the likes of Doug Collins.

mightybosstone
02-23-2012, 01:08 PM
MVP: Lebron James - You could make a strong case for Durant, Paul, Kobe or Rose, but there are three ways you can look at the MVP award: the league's best player, the best player on the best team or the most necessary player on any team which makes that team successful. Lebron wins 2/3 of those categories and is just better than everyone else statistically.
Sixth Man: Lou Williams - Harden is actually the better player, but I have a hard time giving it to him when he's the third option on the Thunder and Williams is the No. 1 scoring option for a 20-14 team.
DPOY: Andre Iguodala - I'm sick of Howard winning the award, Philly has arguably the best defense in the league right now and Iggy is the league's best perimeter defender, so I can justify him winning the award. You could probably justify any of 10-12 guys winning it, though.
Rookie of the year: Kyrie Irving - Rubio deserves some credit, but Irving has been the best overall player without question and completely outplayed my expectations of him.
Coach of the year: Doug Collins - I realize I have a lot of Philly guys on here, but I've been impressed with what they've been able to do. They have no offensive star on that team, no elite defensive big, but are the No. 4 seed in a very top heavy Eastern Conference with one of the best defenses in the league. Give credit where credit is due.
Most Improved: Kyle Lowry - Lin will probably win the award, but Lowry has been the better player over the course of the entire season and without him my Rockets are probably sitting at 5-10 games under .500 right now. If Lin continues this crazy success throughout the second half of the season, I might change my vote, but for now this award should be Lowry's.

Missing56&33
02-23-2012, 01:12 PM
DPOY: Ibaka I'm very impressed with this young man.
Coach of the Year: Scott Brooks
GM: Grunwald

Crackadalic
02-23-2012, 01:22 PM
MVP-Lebron IDC if he is playing with the 2-3rd best player. He is playing at a unbelievable level and Lebron is the reason for that

Sixth man-Lou Williams. He is the number one option on that Philly team and comes off the bench.

DPOY-Andre Iguodala His perimeter defense is so good right now and is the reason Philly is at the top in defense in the league

ROY- Kyrie Irving I always felt I saw a little CP3 in him since his HS days and he keeps showing it at the nba level. Unless he gets hurts its his award to lose because he is playing out of his mind right now

COY- Greg Popovich Once again his team is quietly playing its best basketball and nobody has notice

MIP- Greg Monroe If Lin plays the way he plays for the rest of the season then he should get it but for not I have to go with Monroe. His stats has increase across the board from last season and went from 9.4 to 16.7 ppg. He is playing really good right now for detroit and don't be surprise if they make a run for the playoffs

DE9394
02-23-2012, 01:35 PM
MVP-Lebron IDC if he is playing with the 2-3rd best player. He is playing at a unbelievable level and Lebron is the reason for that

Sixth man-Lou Williams. He is the number one option on that Philly team and comes off the bench.

DPOY-Andre Iguodala His perimeter defense is so good right now and is the reason Philly is at the top in defense in the league

ROY- Kyrie Irving I always felt I saw a little CP3 in him since his HS days and he keeps showing it at the nba level. Unless he gets hurts its his award to lose because he is playing out of his mind right now

COY- Greg Popovich Once again his team is quietly playing its best basketball and nobody has notice

MIP- Greg Monroe If Lin plays the way he plays for the rest of the season then he should get it but for not I have to go with Monroe. His stats has increase across the board from last season and went from 9.4 to 16.7 ppg. He is playing really good right now for detroit and don't be surprise if they make a run for the playoffs

THANK YOU! Greg Monroe no love!

Sixth Man: Lou Williams
DPOY: Serve Ibaka
ROY: Ricky Rubio
MIP: Greg Monroe

mightybosstone
02-23-2012, 01:47 PM
After I thought about this again, I think Pop deserves some major credit, and maybe he should be the front runner right now. As is the case every season, no one's talking about the Spurs, but they're winning like crazy while dealing with more injuries than any of the other elite teams in the league.

I think Monroe definitely would crack my top 5, but the biggest knock on him is that the Pistons are terrible and they have no chance in hell of making the playoffs barring a miracle trade or freak accident which kills half of the stars in the East. Rarely does the NBA reward players on terrible teams unless the player is far and away better than their competition.

mightybosstone
02-23-2012, 01:50 PM
I keep seeing a lot of Serge Ibaka for DPOY. I like the guy's game, and I think you can certainly make an argument for him, but my argument against him is that he only plays 27 minutes a night. That's slightly more than half of a 48-minute contest. It's the same reason I wouldn't vote for Tony Allen.

If your defense is so instrumental to your team's success, you would top 30 minutes a night, IMO. That's why I'd give the edge to guys like Howard, Iggy and Deng, who play 35-plus minutes and are on the court far more often.

knicksfan42
02-23-2012, 01:50 PM
THANK YOU! Greg Monroe no love!

MIP: Greg Monroe

I think Lin should get it right now, but if he can't keep it up than definitely Monroe. I don't know why he wasn't mentioned more. If not for Lin he looks like a clear cut winner.

mightybosstone
02-23-2012, 01:58 PM
I think Lin should get it right now, but if he can't keep it up than definitely Monroe. I don't know why he wasn't mentioned more. If not for Lin he looks like a clear cut winner.

He plays for an 11-24 team. Lowry is the best player on a 20-14 team. Ryan Anderson is the second best player on a 22-12 team. That's why those guys get more consideration than Monroe.

Sota4Ever
02-23-2012, 02:07 PM
No Adelman will not be considered for COY. Twolves have done nothing to deserve him to even be mentioned in the likes of Doug Collins.

The timberwolves are 17-17. Last season we won 17 games all year. You know absolutely nothing about basketball. I don't think I have ever seen a good post from you.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 02:15 PM
the timberwolves are 17-17. Last season we won 17 games all year. You know absolutely nothing about basketball. I don't think i have ever seen a good post from you.

+1

twin4life
02-23-2012, 02:16 PM
The timberwolves are 17-17. Last season we won 17 games all year. You know absolutely nothing about basketball. I don't think I have ever seen a good post from you.

AND the Wolves are a SG away from playoffs IMO. Pek should be most most improved and Id take Irving over Rubio so far for ROY. MVP Bron Bron. Sixth man: Harden.

danniboi168
02-23-2012, 02:20 PM
MVP - Lebron
DPOY - Dwight
ROY -Kyrie
MIP Jeremylin

Missing56&33
02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
I keep seeing a lot of Serge Ibaka for DPOY. I like the guy's game, and I think you can certainly make an argument for him, but my argument against him is that he only plays 27 minutes a night. That's slightly more than half of a 48-minute contest. It's the same reason I wouldn't vote for Tony Allen.

If your defense is so instrumental to your team's success, you would top 30 minutes a night, IMO. That's why I'd give the edge to guys like Howard, Iggy and Deng, who play 35-plus minutes and are on the court far more often.

Yeah maybe, but the fact that he plays less mins and dominate defensively the way he does is even more impressive. So if he plays just 3 more mins per night you would look at it differently?

t_money25
02-23-2012, 02:55 PM
MVP:Durant - Still think this is one of those races this year that will be determined on the last day of the season. Lots of options for this one this year. Rose shouldnt be listed on the poll though because he has missed a lot of the season. Lebron wont win MVP because of who hes paired with. It would be depressing if he couldnt do what hes doing now with Wade and Bosh.

Sixth Man: harden - again, easy. his stats are tremendous, he's the third, and really the last scoring option on that team. he does it all. amazing talent. I agree with this completely.

DPOY:Tyson Chandler - The Knicks defense is night and day with this guy on and off the floor. He turned one of the worst defenses into a top 5 defense. If the Knicks keep their top tier defense for the rest of the season I think Tyson wins this.

Rookie of the year: Kyrie - Doing more with less. Way better option then Rubio. Shumpert has been too injured to be considered for this anymore. The only person in my opinion that may be able to catch him is Brooks in NJ but I think thats even doubtful at this point.

Coach of the year: Doug Collins - If they keep losing he will lose this award. Dark Horses depending on the second half of the season would be Del Negro and Dantoni.

GM of the year: Glen Grunwald - Made all the right moves filling out the Knicks roster. Got us Lin, Novak, JR Smith, Chandler, Jorts, Shumpert, Jefferies, and Baron Davis all in 1 off season. He took the helm in this chaotic shortened season and worked a very difficult deal in getting Tyson here. He flipped the roster and gave us a team to compete with before the end of the season. What actually impresses me most about what Grunwald has done is that he really left nothing unturned he went after everything and worked through it 100 percent before moving on to the next person.

In my opinion there isnt a GM out there that has done a better job this season.

Being paired with Wade and Bosh won't stop Lebron from winning the MVP award. He already won 2 MVP's without both of them so he's proven he could perform at this level without Wade or Bosh.

Hopper15
02-23-2012, 03:13 PM
GM of the Year: don't really care

JustBetYouAndMe
02-23-2012, 03:16 PM
MVP: Durant
ROY: either Irving or Rubio
DPOY: Howard / Ibaka
COY: as others suggested too early
Exec.OY: depends at TD and if the trade pans out

NYflightboy
02-23-2012, 03:28 PM

:facepalm: Well that's an objective point of view. And for Christ's sake, Donnie Walsh isn't our GM anymore.:facepalm: Why is it always the most homer Knicks fans that have no idea what they are talking about the ones who start threads in the NBA forum?

ghettosean
02-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Glen Grunwald is the Knicks GM
Don't think he'll forget that one again ;) But this is correct.

Dnovakovic099
02-23-2012, 03:53 PM
For all of you home Houston fans and some others, you guys are getting a little ridiculous. You can say Lin will drop off, but the same can be said of Pek. Also, after this many games it is pretty noticeable that Lin will not drop off to anything under 14 points and 8 assists a game. Which would definitely make Lowry the better player, but definitely not the more IMPROVED player. Lowry has had a fairly moderate jump, some other guy posted the stats earlier. If Lin averages 14 and 8 that would be a 4 assist swing increase and 7 point increase. Also, I am not looking at his season stats because games where players play under fifteen minutes should not be counted towards their average. I am sure if you looked at his PER 36 they would be fantastic, same goes with Pekovic. Also, I am Serbian so I like Pek more. However, Lowry and Pek are definitely underrated by the media/ESPN(retards).

Also, lets get some love for Deng as DPOY. I don't think he should win it, but IMO i think he is a better defender than LeBron.

Raph12
02-23-2012, 04:41 PM
MVP: Lebron James
DPOY: Dwight Howard/Andre Iguodala
Coach of the year: Gregg Poppavic

Mr_Amaziing
02-23-2012, 08:02 PM
MVP - Durant
DPOY- Ibaka
6MAN- Harden
ROY- Irving
Coach- Scotty Brooks
Most improved - Lin
GM- IDK

kdspurman
02-24-2012, 04:12 PM
MVP - Durant
DPOY- Ibaka
6MAN- Harden
ROY- Irving
Coach- Scotty Brooks
Most improved - Lin
GM- IDK

Don't know how that's going to work out there for you...

mdm692
02-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Yea i agree with these....James Harden btw, but hes been great and Tibs is an amazing coach. Irving has been the ROY and LeBron is MVP no problem

Good Post:up:
appreciate it. I chose tim cause he's playing with a banged up roster quite a few injuries and their still top 3 in nba. The defense is probably the best in the league right now. pop is another candidate but im going to change dwight to iblocka hes been a monster blocking shots left and right.

Rockice_8
02-24-2012, 05:29 PM
:bang: I'm just going to ignore the OP and just answer the questions but Walsh isn't even the Knicks GM anymore.

6th: Harden (he's still coming off the bench right)
ROY: Irving (sorry Rubio lovers)
MIP: IDK (Pekovic maybe) there was another name that escapes me now
DPOY: Chandler (if the Knicks can win some more games and get a few games over .500)
Coach: Popovich
GM: ?

MackSnackWrap
02-24-2012, 05:33 PM
1st: oh my homer...impressive work. hard to find dedicated homers like that these days ;)

lin isn't a rookie...so that's even more impressive! also, you seem to love steve novak, maybe eventually you'll learn to love how to spell it correctly.

MVP: Lebron - this is easy. he's easily been the league's best player, and he's on the league's best team. usually that's enough to do it...but not when people hate him for anything and everything

Sixth Man: harden - again, easy. his stats are tremendous, he's the third, and really the last scoring option on that team. he does it all. amazing talent.

DPOY: iguodala - philly's defense has been tremendous this year, all without a defensive big man. they're one of the rare teams that has created a great defense from outside in, and it all starts with Iggy. i really think that pound-for-pound he's been the best defender in the NBA

Rookie of the year: Kyrie - again, easy. no rookie has been half as great as he has. having one of the best rookie seasons ever.

Coach of the year: Doug Collins - philly has to keep it up, but how can you not love what he's doing? honorable mention to gregg popovich...who i think is the best coach in the league, and is doing a hell of a job.

GM of the year: IDK...don't care to look it up either ;)

for someone that watches 95% of dwight's games, he hasn't been the force he's been the past few years. still might have the biggest impact by default, but again, pound-for-pound, i think iggy is having a better defensive season.

THIS! list is on point. Defensive player could go to dwight or iggy for me. And lin should get most improved if he can sustain a good level of play.

Tony_Starks
02-24-2012, 08:37 PM
No love for Lowry or Ryan Anderson for Most Improved? I understand the media has probably given it to that other guy but those two are more deserving. Even Bynum should get some consideration when you look at his numbers and being an allstar....

tredigs
02-25-2012, 04:45 AM
MVP: LBJ

DPOY: Dwight again. Though Lebron, Iggy and a couple others have a case.

Coach of the Year: Pop. He's the best coach every year, and he's handling the Spurs brilliantly this season once again.

Most Improved: Hawes, Gallo and Bargnani were my early favorites. Ryan Anderson is in the lead now.

GM of the Year: This is predicated on trade deadline moves for me.

Chacarron
02-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Lebron James is the MVP.