PDA

View Full Version : Honestly does any team have a chance in the East ?

Pages : [1] 2

Slimsim
02-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Miami Are just steam rolling pass everyone and even with teams like the Bulls, Philly and Indiana do they actually have a shot to win the East or even make it a close series ? thoughts

asandhu23
02-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Jeremy Lin will make Bron Bron choke.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Playoffs all about matchup, and I feel Chicago is a better overall defensive team than Miami and they are more physical. Derrick Rose I don't think will let the Bulls lose to Miami two years in a row.

And I think if Miami and New York meet in the 2nd round, I'm going with the Knicks in 7. I think Knicks bench has too much firepower.

Miami looks good right now and are peaking...1/2 way through the regular season.

At the end, I have to go with Chicago coming out of the East.

SportsFanatic10
02-22-2012, 07:21 PM
a shot yes, anything can happen and there's always a chance of injury as well. i do think the bulls could make it a 6 game series, but i doubt anyone else makes it past 5 games. putting your money on the heat is definately the smart move at this point.

SportsFanatic10
02-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Playoffs all about matchup, and I feel Chicago is a better overall defensive team than Miami and they are more physical. Derrick Rose I don't think will let the Bulls lose to Miami two years in a row.

And I think if Miami and New York meet in the 2nd round, I'm going with the Knicks in 7. I think Knicks bench has too much firepower.

Miami looks good right now and are peaking...1/2 way through the regular season.

miami will have another gear, just wait and see.

Sota4Ever
02-22-2012, 07:24 PM
I think Chicago has a chance. They did play Miami close last time and they were out Deng I think. Also if teams are able to stop there fastbreak I think they are beatable.

celtics 34
02-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah I dont really get u on the knicks bench but if in their first year they make it to the finals im taking the heat to win it all

celtics 34
02-22-2012, 07:26 PM
it different come playoff time the celtics beat the heat 3 games last year but that really didnt mean anything in the playoffs

Slimsim
02-22-2012, 07:28 PM

IDK Miami are just Beating teams so easily they are much better than last year and Chicago haven't really add any major pieces. Knicks are still ??? Indy and Philly are still young And Orlando Are more worry about dwight future. And Since Miami is now kinda flying under the radar because of lin they are even more dangerous

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 07:29 PM

+2 You get an extra point for being super logical. Playoff team to beat is Bulls. If Bulls cast dont show up again then they are just as vulnerable as the other 7 teams in the eastern playoffs.

Knicks pose match up problems for the Heat. Knicks match up well with the Bulls. I think the eastern conference is going to have a lot of very tight series. I dont expect any sweeps other then Orlando (if Dwight is traded midseason).

Burkey3472
02-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Cleveland will sneak in as the 8th seed and have their revenge with LeBron.

Slimsim
02-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Chicago had home court last year and still lost in 5. Rip I doubt Stays healthy long enough to be effective and Rose's back is a huge concern when he gets knocked around in the playoffs.

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 08:16 PM
The only team that can stop miami is miami.

ThePooH_1_
02-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Who thinks miami is going all the way this year = :facepalm:

This is just the regular season, calm down... Just wait for the playoffs and let the game speak for itself. Bulls-Heat series is going to be really tough thats for sure.

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 08:25 PM

Peaking lmfao...miami isn't even playing at there best yet, they still have another level, how scary is that?;)

The Flash
02-22-2012, 08:34 PM

this

PayDaPiper
02-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Chicago Bulls vs. Oklahoma City Thunder in NBA finals! Book it!

JJ_JKidd
02-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Miami Are just steam rolling pass everyone and even with teams like the Bulls, Philly and Indiana do they actually have a shot to win the East or even make it a close series ? thoughts

Oh yes these fancy teams can do anything all they want in the regular season but its a different ballgame come playoff time as we all can remember what happened to the so called Heat and the next MJ, King, Chosen One crap LeFAIL :facepalm:

ThePooH_1_
02-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Peaking lmfao...miami isn't even playing at there best yet, they still have another level, how scary is that?;)

where do u know that Bulls are playing 100%?? oh heat fans...

What Heat fans think

Heat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bulls (NBA TEAMS)

How it really looks like

Heat = Bulls = Thunder

JordansBulls
02-22-2012, 08:42 PM
The Heat are favorites and if anyone beats them it is an upset.

Fnom11
02-22-2012, 08:44 PM
+2 You get an extra point for being super logical. Playoff team to beat is Bulls. If Bulls cast dont show up again then they are just as vulnerable as the other 7 teams in the eastern playoffs.

Knicks pose match up problems for the Heat. Knicks match up well with the Bulls. I think the eastern conference is going to have a lot of very tight series. I dont expect any sweeps other then Orlando (if Dwight is traded midseason).

Using your fanboy logic, is there a team the Knicks don't match up well with?

Fnom11
02-22-2012, 08:47 PM

What Heat fans think

Heat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bulls (NBA TEAMS)

How it really looks like

Heat = Bulls = Thunder

How it really looks like

Heat are playing very very well and the Bulls are playing sub par with a hurt Rose, assuming you mean how it's looked with the past handful of games.

Fnom11
02-22-2012, 08:50 PM

This is just the regular season, calm down... Just wait for the playoffs and let the game speak for itself. Bulls-Heat series is going to be really tough thats for sure.

Probably 90% of people who aren't homers and actually watch them play. If this team plays how they're playing now in the playoffs they will win it all. However, Lebron may have something to say about that :(

UPRock
02-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Miami Vs. Oklahoma in the finals.

ManRam
02-22-2012, 08:54 PM
of course teams have a chance. i think they're the clear favorites, but stranger things have happened. chicago could beat them and i wouldn't be stunned. if the knicks click offensively, and get hot at the right time...why not? i'd be surprised if that happened, but again, who knows.

besides chicago, i don't see it happening.

there is no reason they shouldn't be better this year. the chemistry looks better. they're more healthy. they're deeper...etc.

Nabeshin
02-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Great team but it is always fun to watch Bosh cry :D

Baller1
02-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Chicago is the only other team I can see coming out of the East.

ThePooH_1_
02-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Probably 90% of people who aren't homers and actually watch them play. If this team plays how they're playing now in the playoffs they will win it all. However, Lebron may have something to say about that :(

They're playing great no doubt about that but its just the Regular season.. Like I said IMO it's gonna be a really tough Series if both teams are healthy even I think the Heat will win it in 7 games.But I wouldn't be suprised if the Bulls win that series so just wait and hope to see great Basketball.

SugeKnight
02-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Depends on health and trades. But right now I dont see any team beating the HEAT in a 7 game series.

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-22-2012, 09:05 PM

Peaking? :laugh:

wow

Fnom11
02-22-2012, 09:08 PM
They're playing great no doubt about that but its just the Regular season.. Like I said IMO it's gonna be a really tough Series if both teams are healthy even I think the Heat will win it in 7 games.But I wouldn't be suprised if the Bulls win that series so just wait and hope to see great Basketball.

Yeah most people wouldn't be surprised especially is Lebron went back to his underwhelming play from the Finals. I would however say that any team the Heat plays, if they're both playing their possible bests(both teams), the Heat will win every time.

85BearsDefense
02-22-2012, 09:13 PM
How it really looks like

Heat are playing very very well and the Bulls are playing sub par with a hurt Rose, assuming you mean how it's looked with the past handful of games.

Sub par as in best record in the league

Longhornfan1234
02-22-2012, 09:15 PM
King James will have hard time carrying injury prone Tyrone...but I think he will get it done.

gotoHcarolina52
02-22-2012, 09:20 PM

The standings disagree

Fnom11
02-22-2012, 09:22 PM

"assuming you mean how it's looked with the past handful of games"

Also currently 3rd best record in the league.

DerekCzajkowski
02-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Um did you forget about the bulls? Last I checked they were pretty good

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 09:25 PM

What Heat fans think

How it really looks like

Heat = Bulls = Thunder
:facepalm: Your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking, i didnt even mention bulls in any of my posts in this thread.

LayZbone
02-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Any team has a chance, however small. Chicago is the only other team with a good chance though.

ugotpitsnoggled
02-22-2012, 09:44 PM
It was a 5 game series last year, but it was a very competitive series. And Rip Hamilton is being saved for the playoffs. The addition of Hamilton makes Wade have to respect a shooter instead of playing 4 on 5 with Bogans, like last year. The other side of it is Wade will have to chase around Hamilton on screens which will wear him down.

I think Miami's best is better than Chicago's best, but teams get hot at different times. Miami is playing really well right now, but there is no saying how they or the Bulls will look come May. I expect the Heat and Bulls to meet in the Conference Finals because like you said, the East is weak outside of Miami and Chicago and I expect it to be a 6-7 game series that goes either way

BearCubBull22
02-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Right now the Heat have to be considered the favorites. They are healthy, the Bulls are not and Miami seems to be playing a little more consistently. If both teams play healthy and at their peak, Miami likely wins but to say the Bulls have no chance is asinine. To me, there are 3 keys to the Bulls winning.

1) Get healthy.

2)Shoot well from the perimeter, especially early in games. Miami's D makes penetration difficult, even fr Rose. Good perimeter shooting will limit Miami's fast break opportunities where they thrive, making Miami more of a half court team. It will also open driving lanes later on.

3) Limit turnovers for the same reason above.

MTL_123
02-22-2012, 09:50 PM
i dnt no why people are saying miami is peaking were doing really good but bosh has played so bad lately besides for last night (20-10)

Slimsim
02-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Chicago is the same team from last year that lost with home court what makes this year different also considering heats are now more familiar with one another

LayZbone
02-22-2012, 10:00 PM
The Heat will go as far as Lebron takes them. When he plays his game, we're extremely tough to beat. Especially now that he's operating in the post more, shying away from too many jumpers. He's doing it so well, that he demands the double team, which makes life a lot easier for our hyper-efficient 3pt duo: Miller/Chalmers. You already know that you're gonna get Wade's best every night, and Bosh's contributions are always important. But it all falls apart if Lebron becomes a spectator like he did at times in the Finals. He needs to keep up this level of play if the Heat want to continue to dominate their way to a 2012 championship.

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Chicago is the same team from last year that lost with home court what makes this year different also considering heats are now more familiar with one another

Rip.

But seriously, your spot on, bulls improved enough to maybe take another game off miami, but i dont see that sereis going more than 6.

ugotpitsnoggled
02-22-2012, 10:02 PM

People forget that Chicago had a lot of new pieces last year too. Now boozer, brewer, korver, asik, and watson have all had another season to become acclimated, as well. The Bulls also added Hamilton. Sure, Hamilton does not seem like a difference maker, but he has played well in the few games he has played and anybody is an upgrade over Bogans.

Last year Miami was basically begging Bogans to shoot it and played 5 on 4. They will not be able to do that with Rip. Plus, Wade will have to chase Hamilton all over the court which is going to wear him down, especially if the series extends to 6-7 games.

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 10:07 PM
i dnt no why people are saying miami is peaking were doing really good but bosh has played so bad lately besides for last night (20-10)

When a team is playing as good as the heat are, haters have to find something...saying the heat are peaking to early is the dumbest thing i have read all day. Heat won 20 out of 21 last season, then lost 5 in a row, then abused there first 3 opponents in the playoffs. Heat have another level deffesnivley, thats for sure, as for offense, it looks great, the movement is great, its all about players making there shots(which they are)...

miami shooting highest fg% in nba at 48.5(chi is 45.7%)

also, miami is #5 in opp fg% 42.3(#1 is boston at 41.5) chi is #7(42.5) about the same
stats from hoopdata(love that site)

Gritz
02-22-2012, 10:14 PM
hmmm

ugotpitsnoggled
02-22-2012, 10:24 PM
When a team is playing as good as the heat are, haters have to find something...saying the heat are peaking to early is the dumbest thing i have read all day. Heat won 20 out of 21 last season, then lost 5 in a row, then abused there first 3 opponents in the playoffs. Heat have another level deffesnivley, thats for sure, as for offense, it looks great, the movement is great, its all about players making there shots(which they are)...

miami shooting highest fg% in nba at 48.5(chi is 45.7%)

also, miami is #5 in opp fg% 42.3(#1 is boston at 41.5) chi is #7(42.5) about the same
stats from hoopdata(love that site)

Miami and Chicago are neck in neck pretty much in all statistics and in the standings.

People are always going to find something to pick at with the Heat, just like people will always find things to pick at with Rose and LeBron. The bottom line is Miami and Chicago look really good. The best teams in the league are clearly OKC, Miami, and Chicago in any order, IMO. San Antonio has been a mediocre team on the road or else they'd be up there, as well.

IndiansFan337
02-22-2012, 10:28 PM

They will beat whoever they play in rounds 1 and 2 in 4-5. If Chicago faces them in the ECF they could make it a 5-6 game series if they get their entire team healthy.

ghettosean
02-22-2012, 10:35 PM
I give it to 3 teams right now and that's Miami, Chicago or the darkhorse who people think are over hyped and that's the New York Knicks.

It's all about the playoffs though after looking at last year I think we all know the regular season means nothing but those are my guesses for now.

Dade County
02-22-2012, 10:54 PM
I hope the HEAT can win it all this year.

make it happen!

I think the best match up is going to be between the bulls & the knicks if they meet, in the playoffs.

Edit:

And the funny thing is, most of us have seen solid teams in the past but when the playoffs comes around we know the outcome already... lakers over portland, lakers over kings, jordan bulls over everyone, wade HEAT over dallas, Dirk Mav's over HEAT (because of lbj illuminati ties) bad boy pistons the list goes on & on.

rose might end up like A.I... thats the way it goes in sports sometimes.

Melo might never win a ring, we just don't know.

If howard was smart he would look at history and try to make his way to OKC or the HEAT... D wade or KD =*ringsssssssss

Marlin234
02-22-2012, 11:15 PM
I agree the bulls did improve this season with the acquisition of Hamilton And he likes to run a lot just like ray Allen and wade is a great deffender but lazy at times. That being said I wouldn't mind a regular season loss to the bulls just for a wake up call to our team letting them know the playoffs isn't going to be no walk in the park. (look what happened to mavs vs lakers. Lost by 20 something rigt before playoffs and ended up sweeping them).

But also consider this we don't have a mike bibby anymore for rose to step all over. Our PGs will step up knowing rose is pretty much the team. I'd also like to add our bench is 50x better with the acquisition of battier and pretty much Haslem and miller ( compared to how they played handicapped last season). We are no were near the team we were last year as a team and our play style offensively. I'd say we are the favorites but our center position could be our downfall with the in ability to rebound consistently. As a HEAT fan I fear the Knicks (if they start clicking) more than the bulls. Hence it was because of Chandler (and of course lebrons 4th qtr) why we lost the finals.

pd1dish
02-22-2012, 11:35 PM

well, no one has seen that level, so please show some evidence that they have it.......ive now seen two Heat fans post something similar and both just assume theres another level to their play.

itd be one thing if theyve been playing shorthanded this entire time, but since Wade came back, theyve been at full strength basically. i think they are playing their best ball right now. whether they have peaked or not, if they play like they are playing now come playoff time, then i see them coming out of the east. however, to assume that they are going to magically play at a whole other level when this is the best theyve been playing since theyve joined forces is just a ludicrous statement.

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 11:42 PM
well, no one has seen that level, so please show some evidence that they have it.......ive now seen two Heat fans post something similar and both just assume theres another level to their play.

itd be one thing if theyve been playing shorthanded this entire time, but since Wade came back, theyve been at full strength basically. i think they are playing their best ball right now. whether they have peaked or not, if they play like they are playing now come playoff time, then i see them coming out of the east. however, to assume that they are going to magically play at a whole other level when this is the best theyve been playing since theyve joined forces is just a ludicrous statement.

Based on what you just said i guess the bulls will be losing in 5 again...

NoahH
02-22-2012, 11:44 PM
I only see Chicago giving the Heat problems. But when its all said and done I think the Heat will bulldoze Chicago too. Bulls haven't added much and Heat are just better than last year. Who knows if Rose will be healthy by the playoffs even?

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 11:49 PM
I only see Chicago giving the Heat problems. But when its all said and done I think the Heat will bulldoze Chicago too. Bulls haven't added much and Heat are just better than last year. Who knows if Rose will be healthy by the playoffs even?

Or rip, dont know how you can count on rip to be healthy

Fnom11
02-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Or rip, dont know how you can count on rip to be healthy

Same can be said about any player. I really don't see back spasms being that big of a deal for Rose.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Same can be said about any player. I really don't see back spasms being that big of a deal for Rose.

Rose will be 100%, rip tho...i dont know the last time he was fully healthy, he has had that groin thing for am while now

Hawkeye15
02-23-2012, 12:04 AM
If the Heat are full strength, I can't see a team in the east that will stop them from getting to the finals.

Cubby
02-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Chicago had home court last year and still lost in 5. Rip I doubt Stays healthy long enough to be effective and Rose's back is a huge concern when he gets knocked around in the playoffs.

The only reason Rip's injury kept reoccurring is because he kept coming back when he wasn't 100% and he aggravated it. If we wait until after the ASB he should be ready to go.

Rose had no structural damage, so I really don't see the problem. He looked just as explosive as always tonight.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 12:13 AM
The only reason Rip's injury kept reoccurring is because he kept coming back when he wasn't 100% and he aggravated it. If we wait until after the ASB he should be ready to go.

Rose had no structural damage, so I really don't see the problem. He looked just as explosive as always tonight.

He had the problem last year, had all summer to get healthy, and still has the problem. Im not saying he wont be 100% healthy again, but when was the last time he was? Was he 100% healthy to start the season?

SwatTeam
02-23-2012, 12:14 AM
To answer the original question: No

Once the heat signed dan marino out of retirement as their pass first center this past offseason it pretty much guaranteed that the heat will hoist the stanley cup this year at wimbledon on the 18th hole of the british open with jeff gordon doing donuts in the gallery.

gotoHcarolina52
02-23-2012, 12:17 AM
Blow these mother****ers out!

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.

ne3xchamps
02-23-2012, 12:18 AM

:laugh:

ne3xchamps
02-23-2012, 12:20 AM
He had the problem last year, had all summer to get healthy, and still has the problem. Im not saying he wont be 100% healthy again, but when was the last time he was? Was he 100% healthy to start the season?

how do you have so many posts in a matter of 2 years?:speechless: Seriously? :laugh2: Don't get out much, do you?

smood999
02-23-2012, 12:20 AM
mia is by far the best team in the league...

chi lost with home court they lost in 5 last yr

ny has a better chance than chi just cause of matchups and firepower...didnt say ny is better than chi just a better matchup against mia...

chi is still derrick rose or bust and that is the reason y they wont beat mia...

Cubby
02-23-2012, 12:21 AM

Thibs said at this point he is fully recovered. It's just conditioning from missing so many games. He will be fine.

He adds another dimension to our offense and gives us much better flow, without losing much of anything on defense. I don't see how some people can just ignore that.

Cubby
02-23-2012, 12:22 AM

ny has a better chance than chi just cause of matchups and firepower...didnt say ny is better than chi just a better matchup against mia...

chi is still derrick rose or bust and that is the reason y they wont beat mia...

Alright.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 12:25 AM

No. You have to get stops in the playoffs. Chicago has a much better chance at that then the knicks. Melo and amare are not good defender.

USMCLaker
02-23-2012, 12:26 AM
I'd say there a couple teams that have a punchers chance.

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Chicago actually think Rip is the answer ? I'm sorry but bogans had wade on some sorta lock down. Wade will surely go off on Rip if they meet this year. Heats if not crippled by any injuries look like they will walk to the finals and beat any Team in the west in 6. They are that dam good

NYkillaPriest
02-23-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm taking the home team.. knicks baby.. baron is looking healthy and everybody else is getting into role.. when shump get back he gone have to adjust fast offensively we already know he is ready for defense... riding the train ALL Lin

h2r09
02-23-2012, 12:30 AM
no one will beat the heat in the east in a 7 game series. the knicks will give them the toughest time. the bulls simply don't have enough firepower and they have to many players that are one dimensional and that simply doesn't work against the heat when 4 of their 5 starters are good on both sides of the ball plus at least 3 guys off the bench are good all around players in battier, miller, and udonis. that is without arguing norris cole who can score well as well.

the knicks will give them the most trouble if the meet in the playoffs, especially with jr smith who has given the heat nightmares in his career and can single handedly steal a game in a series. there is nobody like that on the bulls except rose.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Chicago actually think Rip is the answer ? I'm sorry but bogans had wade on some sorta lock down. Wade will surely go off on Rip if they meet this year. Heats if not crippled by any injuries look like they will walk to the finals and beat any Team in the west in 6. They are that dam good

They look good, thats for sure, but in the end, the only team that can really stop the heat is themselves. They have a much better shot this year than last (even tho they were 15 minutes from locking it up). PLayoffs this year should be great. that 2nd round heat-knicks or bulls-knicks matchup will be pretty good.

Sergio1984
02-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Just give the heat the trophy like last year because nobody has a chance. The Bulls apparently suck and since they couldn't get past 5 games last year that means the same will happen this year. Since were going off last year then I guess Dallas will take Miami out again in the Finals.

smood999
02-23-2012, 12:33 AM
No. You have to get stops in the playoffs. Chicago has a much better chance at that then the knicks. Melo and amare are not good defender.

i agree...when is everyone gonna see that the knicks arent bad defensively at all this yr...statistically one of the better teams in the league defensively...i dont understand how ppl miss that...

NYkillaPriest
02-23-2012, 12:33 AM

But the team is great defensively with melo and amare.. talk about it all you want but it's getting the job done

Captain Moroni
02-23-2012, 12:34 AM
I would love to throw my Knicks in this, but only time will tell how they gel the next two months. Could it happen? No one knows yet, but it isn't impossible.
Bulls are the same team, Miami got better.
No one is beating Miami in a real honest discussion. If Miami does not win the ECF this year, they should all be ashamed.

h2r09
02-23-2012, 12:34 AM
Just give the heat the trophy like last year because nobody has a chance. The Bulls apparently suck and since they couldn't get past 5 games last year that means the same will happen this year. Since were going off last year then I guess Dallas will take Miami out again in the Finals.

nobody says the bulls suck. way to carry it to the extremes to make heat fans look ilke they are saying that. the bulls simply aren't good enough offensively to matchup with the heat and the heat are just as good defensively and probably have more playmaking ability than the bulls do on defense. simple as that.

you need a second guy on offense who you don't need to run a play for. not one of your other players besides rose can have that said about them.

h2r09
02-23-2012, 12:36 AM
But the team is great defensively with melo and amare.. talk about it all you want but it's getting the job done

getting the job done against the juggernaut hornets and bobcats and who can forget the scary dynamic nets.

kyubi256
02-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Miami is definitely the favorites this year in the East. They have the team, they are playing hard, and Lebron is just incredible.

But when the playoffs come... The Bulls, Knicks, Sixers, and even Magics can give them some trouble.

That's the great thing about the NBA Playoffs, anything is possible

Cubby
02-23-2012, 12:37 AM

Did you watch us play the Heat earlier in the year? Rip played damn good defense on Wade, holding him to (based off of memory) 4-16 shooting. That's good ****ing defense. My guess is you haven't even watched the Bulls if you think Bogans and Rip are essentially a wash.

h2r09
02-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Miami is definitely the favorites this year in the East. They have the team, they are playing hard, and Lebron is just incredible.

But when the playoffs come... The Bulls, Knicks, Sixers, and even Magics can give them some trouble.

That's the great thing about the NBA Playoffs, anything is possible

when has that ever been the case in the nba? maybe in baseball and football playoffs, but in the nba the best team wins a vast majority of the time.

Cubby
02-23-2012, 12:39 AM
Mavs beg to differ.

Cubby
02-23-2012, 12:41 AM
nobody says the bulls suck. way to carry it to the extremes to make heat fans look ilke they are saying that. the bulls simply aren't good enough offensively to matchup with the heat and the heat are just as good defensively and probably have more playmaking ability than the bulls do on defense. simple as that.

you need a second guy on offense who you don't need to run a play for. not one of your other players besides rose can have that said about them.

My question to this is: why do we have to? We haven't seen the full impact of Rip and more chemistry in the playoffs, so why come to assumptions? You're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you don't win it all.

smood999
02-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Did you watch us play the Heat earlier in the year? Rip played damn good defense on Wade, holding him to (based off of memory) 4-16 shooting. That's good ****ing defense. My guess is you haven't even watched the Bulls if you think Bogans and Rip are essentially a wash.

didnt the bulls sweep mia in the reg season last yr? it doesnt matter...what happens when lebron shuts down rose again?..who do the bulls turn to...i think that is the bulls biggest weakness...a team like the thunder, u take away westbrook u still got durant and harden...they just can come at u in different ways and thats how mia will be beat if they get beat...look at the mavs last yr...they were bigger and stronger down low and just had too many weapons..

Cubby
02-23-2012, 12:46 AM
All I know is this. Wade most likely won't have much of an impact. He will get his, but most likely not at an efficient rate. He has to spend most of the game chasing Rip around screens (a dimension to his game we didn't have with Bogans. Nobody had to keep a body on him because he simply didn't move and wasn't a threat at all. Rip is a threat.) He will be exhausted. Then Brewer, an elite defender, comes in to guard him. It'll be tough on him an that's why LeBron and Bosh will have to step up. If LeBron shies away, I don't see Miami winning.

Look, it'll be a great series. The Heat have earned the right to be considered favorites, but the favorites don't always win. It'll be a hard fought series and I can't wait. Go beat Lina dn the Knicks for me, please.

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 12:46 AM

I seen the bulls and right now they can't stop Miami and boozer is a no show come playoff time and you know that's a fact. Miami has a deep bench and now they are flying under the radar thanks to lin. And LBJ is playing mvp ball with notmuch pressure as last year. this is a more focus team bulls will not dominate the playoffs like they are doing in the regular season. Miami is on a New level

nycsports2
02-23-2012, 12:47 AM
knicks and bulls CAN beat miami, i feel like the knicks can get inside and bully the heat and i think the bulls can stifle them 2. 50/50 shot to either team

LGhost
02-23-2012, 12:47 AM
The title of this thread should be "The Bulls are NOT the beasts of the East" as that is it's main objective

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 12:48 AM
All I know is this. Wade most likely won't have much of an impact. He will get his, but most likely not at an efficient rate. He has to spend most of the game chasing Rip around screens (a dimension to his game we didn't have with Bogans. Nobody had to keep a body on him because he simply didn't move and wasn't a threat at all. Rip is a threat.) He will be exhausted. Then Brewer, an elite defender, comes in to guard him. It'll be tough on him an that's why LeBron and Bosh will have to step up. If LeBron shies away, I don't see Miami winning.

Look, it'll be a great series. The Heat have earned the right to be considered favorites, but the favorites don't always win. It'll be a hard fought series and I can't wait. Go beat Lina dn the Knicks for me, please.

Wade played horribly last season in the ECF and Miami fans would agree, and they made light work out of your defense you think wade will struggle again ?

smood999
02-23-2012, 12:48 AM
i think another issue is..ppl keep going on defense defense defense..when it comes down to it its only half the game...and its impossible to say defense is more important than offense and vice versa...the teams that win it all are usually good at both...mia when theyre running r great at both

Cubby
02-23-2012, 12:49 AM
didnt the bulls sweep mia in the reg season last yr? it doesnt matter...what happens when lebron shuts down rose again?..who do the bulls turn to...i think that is the bulls biggest weakness...a team like the thunder, u take away westbrook u still got durant and harden...they just can come at u in different ways and thats how mia will be beat if they get beat...look at the mavs last yr...they were bigger and stronger down low and just had too many weapons..

When exactly did LeBron shut down Rose? That's the most overblown statement ever. He guarded him for like two minutes each game when Rose had NO HELP on the perimeter with Bogans. Now he has Rip. you can't just ignore him like you did Bogans.

I'm just saying from a defensive aspect. Everyone in that game treats that game like it's the ****ing playoffs. It's impossible not to and if you're not busting your *** in that type of game...I don't know. With Rip, is was just talking about his defense, which was fantastic. It surprised even me.

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 12:49 AM
knicks and bulls CAN beat miami, i feel like the knicks can get inside and bully the heat and i think the bulls can stifle them 2. 50/50 shot to either team

Knicks ? wishful thinking

smood999
02-23-2012, 12:50 AM
The title of this thread should be "The Bulls are NOT the beasts of the East" as that is it's main objective

it became that because the consensus seems to be the bulls have the best shot at mia while not having much of a chance at the same time...

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 12:51 AM
When exactly did LeBron shut down Rose? That's the most overblown statement ever. He guarded him for like two minutes each game when Rose had NO HELP on the perimeter with Bogans. Now he has Rip. you can't just ignore him like you did Bogans.

I'm just saying from a defensive aspect. Everyone in that game treats that game like it's the ****ing playoffs. It's impossible not to and if you're not busting your *** in that type of game...I don't know. With Rip, is was just talking about his defense, which was fantastic. It surprised even me.

Considering the games were close at the end, those 3 minutes lebron guarded rose decided the games...

ChitownSports16
02-23-2012, 12:51 AM

Homer at is best....

Cubby
02-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Wade played horribly last season in the ECF and Miami fans would agree, and they made light work out of your defense you think wade will struggle again ?

I don't now about Wade, but I do know there's no way in blue hell LeBron shoots as well as he did last year. He simply made everything he shot. All I said is that it'll be tougher on Wade this year facing two above average defenders while playing tired. Maybe he goes off. I don't know. Just saying it'll be rough on him as it would for anyone.

AddiX
02-23-2012, 12:52 AM
What makes Mia so hard to be is there perimeter defense, there is no easy buckets against them. The only way IMO to beat them is to have a deep rotation that can play with high energy, and to have multiple guys who can knock down the outside shot.

If you don't have those 2 things you have no shot in a 7 game series. In a 7 game series if you make that perimeter defense work, they'll get tired eventually.

That's how Dallas beat them last year at least.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Homer at is best....

Yea, ok:rolleyes: There defense is not as good as it was last year, it can get better...As for offense, miami is #1 there, both in efficiency and half court.

Cubby
02-23-2012, 12:54 AM
Considering the games were close at the end, those 3 minutes lebron guarded rose decided the games...

I think it was more of the trap defense. Your trap defense was amazing all series long and Rose had nobody else who could get the ball. Now you can't just double team him like last year. That's the point I was trying to make.

h2r09
Mavs beg to differ.

newsflash buddy, as a heat fan who isn't scared enough to admit this, the mavs were the better team at that time last year. they were absolutely great defensively with chandler and marion around dirk and which helped against bosh and lebron. they also had dirk playing unbelievable as well as his shooters stepping up big time and basically everything came together for them at the end of the season. they were the perfect team to beat the heat last year in that they had shooters and were strong and didn't have any holes down low defensively and offensively.

justinnum1
What makes Mia so hard to be is there perimeter defense, there is no easy buckets against them. The only way IMO to beat them is to have a deep rotation that can play with high energy, and to have multiple guys who can knock down the outside shot.

If you don't have those 2 things you have no shot in a 7 game series. In a 7 game series if you make that perimeter defense work, they'll get tired eventually.

That's how Dallas beat them last year at least.

Dallas beat us because lebron was a no show...doubt that happens for a second time(tho its possible)

blahblahyoutoo
02-23-2012, 12:55 AM
Chicago Bulls vs. Oklahoma City Thunder in NBA finals! Book it!

heat win it all this year.
sig bet?

Sergio1984
02-23-2012, 12:56 AM

Apparently you guys have some magical second gear and the Bulls don't. Let's not mention how the Bulls haven't been at 100% and the Heat have and STILL the Bulls are right up there. Remember last year when the Bulls were whooping everyone during the season and Heat fans said regular season doesn't matter, well there you go. The Heat are playing well but regular season doesn't matter, why must people come up with threads like this over a nice little hot streak. Let's just wait for the playoffs.

LGhost
it became that because the consensus seems to be the bulls have the best shot at mia while not having much of a chance at the same time...

I was speaking on the OP's intention

smood999

ur right rip is an upgrade over bogans def on the offense side...downgrade on the d but the bulls can afford that...but he's only played 10 11 games this season so i wont judge yet..my initial thinking is that it may not be enough still but i will wait to see

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 12:57 AM
I don't now about Wade, but I do know there's no way in blue hell LeBron shoots as well as he did last year. He simply made everything he shot. All I said is that it'll be tougher on Wade this year facing two above average defenders while playing tired. Maybe he goes off. I don't know. Just saying it'll be rough on him as it would for anyone.

Dont be so sure, he's shooting it the best of his career this season. Great players make great plays...I think bulls were ok with lebron getting his, there game plan was to take wade out of the picture

Cubby
02-23-2012, 12:58 AM
newsflash buddy, as a heat fan who isn't scared enough to admit this, the mavs were the better team at that time last year. they were absolutely great defensively with chandler and marion around dirk and which helped against bosh and lebron. they also had dirk playing unbelievable as well as his shooters stepping up big time and basically everything came together for them at the end of the season. they were the perfect team to beat the heat last year in that they had shooters and were strong and didn't have any holes down low defensively and offensively.

You're pretty much ignoring the fact that LeBron simply wasn't at all involved in that series. Yeah, Dallas was a great team, but LeBron choked, plain and simple.

They also exposed your lack of a true center. Having bigs like Dirk and Chandler came in handy.

kjoke
02-23-2012, 12:58 AM
As far as rip holding down wade, that was more wade in a slump than anything else imo

smood999
02-23-2012, 12:59 AM
You're pretty much ignoring the fact that LeBron simply wasn't at all involved in that series. Yeah, Dallas was a great team, but LeBron choked, plain and simple.

They also exposed your lack of a true center. Having bigs like Dirk and Chandler came in handy.

i agree with this...mia lack of size will still hurt them...to what effect this time, we'll see...

LGhost
The Bulls are set for doom, their days will become gloom

Bulls face this series in fear, in hope Miami doesn't hit their super secret hidden second gear

Ty Fast
Heat/Thunder NBA Final........... Heat in 6!!!

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 01:00 AM
Apparently you guys have some magical second gear and the Bulls don't. Let's not mention how the Bulls haven't been at 100% and the Heat have and STILL the Bulls are right up there. Remember last year when the Bulls were whooping everyone during the season and Heat fans said regular season doesn't matter, well there you go. The Heat are playing well but regular season doesn't matter, why must people come up with threads like this over a nice little hot streak. Let's just wait for the playoffs.

Agree here, its always another teams fan starting these kind of threads lol.

kjoke
02-23-2012, 01:01 AM
I think Joel's speed and defense and blocking make up for his size and rebounding. I like him

blahblahyoutoo
02-23-2012, 01:02 AM

i agree they can beat them once or twice, but not 4 out of 7.

justinnum1
As far as rip holding down wade, that was more wade in a slump than anything else imo

This. Was that first bulls game before, or after he sat out for 7 games...regardless, he has been on a tear.

I remember people saying a few weeks ago that wade was beginning to decline...well he's now #2 in PER, playing 30min a game

LGhost
Bulls vs. Spurs = Classic NBA Experience

Heat vs. Anyone = "The next season can't come quick enough, I want to watch some basketball"

xILLN355
02-23-2012, 01:04 AM

so.. wouldn't rip be tired out on offense from guarding wade?

h2r09
02-23-2012, 01:05 AM

hahahaha, lebron nor wade played efficient last year in the ECF. lebron shot 44.7% in the ECF last year and is shooting 55% this year, meaning he should shoot much BETTER. with both of those guys playing inefficiently we still beat you in 5 games.

Cubby
02-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Dont be so sure, he's shooting it the best of his career this season. Great players make great plays...I think bulls were ok with lebron getting his, there game plan was to take wade out of the picture

It's probably because LeBron's shot selection has become incredible. He's taking very little three pointers (which he was draining in the ECF, and doesn't normally make them at a good rate) and is going into the post. I honestly think Deng can defend LeBron in the post better than anyone not named Iguodala. And that's why I think the gameplan will be the same defensively. Keep up the interior defense and make LeBron beat you with jumpers. That's what we need to do. Offensively, keep the flow. Obviously more complex than that, but the bench needs to step up. Korver and CJ were both complete ****. That could change. If Korver is hot, it'll be hard to stop our bench.

kjoke
02-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Wade had to deal with Ray Allen's screens last year in the playoffs. If he can chase ray around those screens and play defense like he did, and have a great offensive series like he did, he could easily do the same with rip

Cubby
02-23-2012, 01:09 AM
hahahaha, lebron nor wade played efficient last year in the ECF. lebron shot 44.7% in the ECF last year and is shooting 55% this year, meaning he should shoot much BETTER. with both of those guys playing inefficiently we still beat you in 5 games.

It's odd, I specifically remember in the last three games of the series LeBron went off on us. You ever think playing like **** in the first game has a negative effect on those stats? It's only five games.

kjoke
02-23-2012, 01:10 AM

It's probably because LeBron's shot selection has become incredible. He's taking very little three pointers (which he was draining in the ECF, and doesn't normally make them at a good rate) and is going into the post. I honestly think Deng can defend LeBron in the post better than anyone not named Iguodala. And that's why I think the gameplan will be the same defensively. Keep up the interior defense and make LeBron beat you with jumpers. That's what we need to do. Offensively, keep the flow. Obviously more complex than that, but the bench needs to step up. Korver and CJ were both complete ****. That could change. If Korver is hot, it'll be hard to stop our bench.

If korver is playing it will be hard to stop LeBron

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 01:10 AM

Should be a good series, i just want either you guys or us to unleash a can of whoop *** on the knicks in the 2nd round(if they make it out the first)

Cubby
02-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Wade had to deal with Ray Allen's screens last year in the playoffs. If he can chase ray around those screens and play defense like he did, and have a great offensive series like he did, he could easily do the same with rip

Yes, but one round later? I don't know. And they didn't have Ronnie Brewer coming off the bench right after, who is an elite defender. It'll be interesting to say the least.

Cubby
02-23-2012, 01:13 AM
If korver is playing it will be hard to stop LeBron

I'd assume Korver would be in when Miller is in. Or just mainly when LeBron is out. Korver has actually become an average defender (I know, I'm surprised too) at this point so I think he could guard Battier in all honesty.

kjoke
02-23-2012, 01:14 AM
The problem with the bulls is that they have to many players that can only do one thing. That will hurt. You can't just switch players on offense and defense like its the NHL

And if korver is out every time LeBron is in, hell end up playing 8 minutes a game

Cubby
02-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Should be a good series, i just want either you guys or us to unleash a can of whoop *** on the knicks in the 2nd round(if they make it out the first)

I just hope you guys do it in your next game. The hype surrounding the guy is annoying. But they'll be a tough out for anyone, so I hope we don't have to play them even though I think we win that series.

Cubby
02-23-2012, 01:19 AM
The problem with the bulls is that they have to many players that can only do one thing. That will hurt. You can't just switch players on offense and defense like its the NHL

And if korver is out every time LeBron is in, hell end up playing 8 minutes a game

If he hits his shots in those 8 minutes unlike last year, I'm fine. Plus, he won't be guarding LeBron even if they are in at the same time. It depends on who is in at the 1 and 2.

Da Knicks
02-23-2012, 01:38 AM

You don't want to face the knicks in the second round, you will b upset with the results...:cool:

gotoHcarolina52
02-23-2012, 01:41 AM
If you can't make peace, find a common enemy.

We have.

**** the Knicks.

Young2Kinsler
02-23-2012, 01:45 AM
miami will have another gear, just wait and see.

Just hope that gear isn't LeBron's 4th

Young2Kinsler
02-23-2012, 01:46 AM
And as much as I dislike the Heat, the Knicks chances of beating them in a series is somewhere between -10 and 0

sharqstealth
02-23-2012, 01:58 AM

Yeah I can see the Cavs snatching the 8th seed leaving the Celtics out of the playoffs! Then Lebron will choke against his former team!:D

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 02:04 AM
If you can't make peace, find a common enemy.

We have.

**** the Knicks.

Well technically Bulls fans aren't talking because you beat them very easily in the playoffs. But trust me every other fan hates your team and looks down on the fan base.

gotoHcarolina52
02-23-2012, 02:12 AM
Well technically Bulls fans aren't talking because you beat them very easily in the playoffs. But trust me every other fan hates your team and looks down on the fan base.

We wouldn't have it any other way.

Marlin234
02-23-2012, 02:13 AM

Says the cocky, delusional knicks fan(s)...

Sota4Ever
02-23-2012, 02:18 AM
I can say from an outsider perspective Heat fans are much worse then Knick fans

SportsFanatic10
02-23-2012, 02:20 AM

its just bulls fans are used to watching rose play thats why they think 44% is efficient :p.

SportsFanatic10
02-23-2012, 02:21 AM
Just hope that gear isn't LeBron's 4th

haha you make a good point. good post i actually got a kick out of it and i'm not even being sarcastic.

ztilzer31
02-23-2012, 02:35 AM
I think the idea that the Bulls have a better defense then the Heat might be true, but the Heat have a much better offense. Meanwhile the heat have the talent to shut down Derrik Rose. Chicago needs another offensive threat if they want to compete with Miami.

The Knicks need more defense in the backcourt IMO, and more depth before I start crowning them anything. Chandler is providing the interior defense like promised, but there's still too many shoot first players on that team. They need more role players to play defense. There's no reason to ever have 4 scorers on a court at one time, unless some of those scorers are big time defenders.

I think the Knicks will shoot upward this year, but a NBA championship is sort of wishfull thinking IMO.

Cadet10
02-23-2012, 02:37 AM
Of course theres a chance in the east. Records, stats, and numbers go out the door come playoff time. I dont disagree with any one when they say the heat will step up their game post season but other so will all of the other teams too. Its too early to make predictions

JEDean89
02-23-2012, 02:39 AM
knicks have shumps, fields, jeffries chandler who are all excellent defenders. melo, lin amare and jr are all excellent scorers. they have an excellent pg, sg, sf, pf and c. they have a terrific 6th man in JR Smith, terrific 3 point shooting off the bench with baron, smith and novak and have a very balanced team now. i still think miami is going to take the east but if the knicks can really gel and come together they can take on any team in the east. i am just salivating over a knicks, heat playoff series if the knicks become the team they can be.

JEDean89
02-23-2012, 02:41 AM
^^^ we'll get a preview tomorrow with both teams at full strength.

Cubby
02-23-2012, 02:52 AM
its just bulls fans are used to watching rose play thats why they think 44% is efficient :p.

Maybe try reading my response, bud.

Cubby
02-23-2012, 02:54 AM
If it was simply about O vs O and D vs D, the Miami Heat win the series. But it doesn't work that way. It's about matchups, and the Bulls matchup better with the Heat than any other team in the league in my opinion.

bklynny67
02-23-2012, 02:55 AM
my guess is MIA loses to OKC in the finals and Lebron chokes again. can u really feel good betting against that happening? if he lets Wade take over late in games, they will probably win, but if it continues to be Lebron taking over late in games in the playoffs, they will keep losing cuz he chokes like no other superstar in history.

bklynny67
02-23-2012, 02:58 AM
^^^ we'll get a preview tomorrow with both teams at full strength.

unfortunately Shump is out and he was supposed to be a key defender against Wade... but yea besides him, teams at healthy for the most part. should be an exciting game.

SportsFanatic10
02-23-2012, 03:16 AM
Maybe try reading my response, bud.

it was just a joke man hence the :p. i respect rose hes really a great player.

DaBear
02-23-2012, 03:52 AM
IDK Miami are just Beating teams so easily they are much better than last year and Chicago haven't really add any major pieces. Knicks are still ??? Indy and Philly are still young And Orlando Are more worry about dwight future. And Since Miami is now kinda flying under the radar because of lin they are even more dangerous

lol..have you seen what the Bulls are doing to teams? FYI, the Bulls have a higher point differential than the Heat.

DaBear
02-23-2012, 03:58 AM
And can we please stop with these stupid "No one will stop Miami threads"? They've done NOTHING to prove they can't be stopped in the playoffs. All we hear is "Miami fan: Yeah we're really good, and we haven't even played our best yet" "(Insert Eastern Conference playoff team fan): Yeah we can beat Miami in 7. We match up well"

LakersKB24
02-23-2012, 07:29 AM

What's wrong with thinking Miami will win this year? They have two of the best players in the NBA and a very solid supporting cast. Let me guess, the correct answer would be the Bulls will win it all, right?
Plus the Heat beat the Bulls 4-1 last year, so I guess the game already did speak for itself... Untill the Bulls beat the Heat in a series I don't see anything wrong with taking them over any other team in the East

h2r09
02-23-2012, 07:57 AM
If it was simply about O vs O and D vs D, the Miami Heat win the series. But it doesn't work that way. It's about matchups, and the Bulls matchup better with the Heat than any other team in the league in my opinion.

its actually quite the opposite. you matchup pretty poorly. enough of the luol deng can guard lebron and other guys can guard wade and bosh. nobody is going to shut those guys down and your team offensively doesn't have enough to keep up with this team because we are just as good defensively.

you have very little versatility with your lineups and it killed you last year and, even if you don't want to admit it, you will realize the same thing this year.

h2r09
02-23-2012, 07:59 AM
It's odd, I specifically remember in the last three games of the series LeBron went off on us. You ever think playing like **** in the first game has a negative effect on those stats? It's only five games.

he shot over 46% once in the entire series. any other theories other than your memory is lying to you? these are facts. wade also shot only 40% and was injured from a stupid decision to go into the stand at the end of the boston series.

Bruno
02-23-2012, 08:51 AM
i don't think so. chicago and NY might take 2, maybe every three games, but I think Miamis got this.

LeBron and Wade have been the two best players in the NBA this season, imo. i was critical of wade in january, but he's proven be wrong. we know what happened the last time two top five players were on the same team together. Dynasty. i'm just waiting, and i only hope that they don't win their first one till next season, or later, just so they don't rack too many. ill be a little pissed if lbj and wade get more than three.

Miami/OKC 2012 finals. book it. *unless Howard goes to a current contender, all bets are off.

Bruno
02-23-2012, 08:55 AM
real question is, who's gona stop Dallas in 2013?

Williams-Dirk-Howard won't be beat, baring injury. that's what all the hip-cats in the media are claiming. look at their cap space. Dallas has **** you money next season, especially if they amnesty Haywoods absurd contract and don't pick up Lamars option. They can afford two max deals. Dirk rides off into the sunset as a multi-champion, and Williams and Howard inherit the franchise and play for the second greatest owner in the nba, who will spend money. proven.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

jaji10
02-23-2012, 09:02 AM
knicks is the only team i can see that can upset the heat.. if they are healthy they can push the heat to 7games.. tyson will be huge for them defensively
.. i dont think bulls has a chance against miami, once they clamp down on rose its over!!

pebloemer
02-23-2012, 09:26 AM

I'd agree with that. Although there are teams out there that can put a lot of pressure on them. But by talent alone, if they don't win it is on them.

pebloemer
02-23-2012, 09:31 AM
real question is, who's gona stop Dallas in 2013?

Williams-Dirk-Howard won't be beat, baring injury. that's what all the hip-cats in the media are claiming. look at their cap space. Dallas has **** you money next season, especially if they amnesty Haywoods absurd contract and don't pick up Lamars option. They can afford two max deals. Dirk rides off into the sunset as a multi-champion, and Williams and Howard inherit the franchise and play for the second greatest owner in the nba, who will spend money. proven.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

With 41 million committed for 12/13, DWill and Dwight would have to take significant pay cuts even after they amnesty Haywood no? I'm not sure what the cap will be, but the viscinity of 70 million seems very high.

YankeesR#2
02-23-2012, 09:47 AM
If before the season started the NBA got together and said rather than going through the actual playing of the games, we are going to play stratomatic basketball (if there is such a thing) for the season and playoffs then I think there would be no stopping the Heat. But they didn't.

All you have do is count the number of times that Lebron James had the best team on paper but lost in the playoffs. Then ask yourself how many times did that happen to Bill Russell or Michael Jordan.

The proposition that there is no stopping the Heat is false because their best player is a choke.

Muttman73
02-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Until they win something...

CostanzaNumba0
02-23-2012, 10:12 AM
People on here are underestimating how good the Knicks can get, they are 10 deep, if amare bounces back from a mediocre start-watch out

LongIslandIcedZ
02-23-2012, 10:16 AM
I dont know how likely it really is, but I would love to see the Knicks take down the heat. Heat fans have become so pompous and arrogant despite having won nothing. If I were a heat fan, I would think every year that doesnt culminate in a Championship would be a failure of a season.

BearsBullsSox
02-23-2012, 10:17 AM
its actually quite the opposite. you matchup pretty poorly. enough of the luol deng can guard lebron and other guys can guard wade and bosh. nobody is going to shut those guys down and your team offensively doesn't have enough to keep up with this team because we are just as good defensively.

you have very little versatility with your lineups and it killed you last year and, even if you don't want to admit it, you will realize the same thing this year.

Boy please, you're talking about the same Miami Heat team that needed Rose to miss free throws to beat a Bulls team without Luol Deng earlier this year at home. Miami is not tested like the Bulls have been this season, Wade has been out but you always had Lebron who is good enough without Wade. Bulls have had no RIP Hamilton for most of the season, Rose has missed 10 games with back spasms, Deng is playing with an injured wrist and yet the Bulls are still running over teams with EASE.

At one point, the Bulls had the best record in the NBA having played the most back-to-back games and the most road games in the league and were STILL murdering teams every night. Bulls are a tougher 27-8 than Miami is. Miami is soft, the Bulls are gonna emerge out of this season tougher than Miami will dream to be. Teams are struggling to handle the Bulls on nights that Rose is out, and you sit up here and act like Miami will cakewalk through us? Do you not realize that we havent even seen ALL that the Bulls are capable of while Miami wont get any better? Cut off the espn chump and look at the big picture, Bulls are 27-8 but in reality are even BETTER than their record. Miami is 26-7 with little room to have been better than their record so far.

loyalChiTownFan
02-23-2012, 10:22 AM
All I have to say is, if you have 2 of the top 5 players in the league i would hope you can win a championship. if they do not ever win one that team will be the best team ever assembled to choke. Miami is not under the radar either, they are expected to win a championship and all the pressure is on them. we all know that lebron buckles under pressure. i have seen lebron choke plenty of times down the stretch in the playoffs when it matters most and it's sad to watch. i see the bulls beating them in 6-7 games this year. depth will be a big key to that series which is why I'm going with the deeper team.

ThePooH_1_
02-23-2012, 10:41 AM
What's wrong with thinking Miami will win this year? They have two of the best players in the NBA and a very solid supporting cast. Let me guess, the correct answer would be the Bulls will win it all, right?
Plus the Heat beat the Bulls 4-1 last year, so I guess the game already did speak for itself... Untill the Bulls beat the Heat in a series I don't see anything wrong with taking them over any other team in the East

I never said that Bulls are going all the way, I said it's going to be really tough for both teams plus we got a great addition in Hamilton whos going to play a big role in the Playoffs. And finally booz and Noah are stepping up big hopefully they'll continue to play like that in the Playoffs.

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 10:42 AM
People on here are underestimating how good the Knicks can get, they are 10 deep, if amare bounces back from a mediocre start-watch out

Look realistically the Knicks aren't there, we are to inconsistent on the court and way to TO prone. Miami is much better than any team on defense which takes away Chicago advantage and People are really sleeping on how deep of a bench they have Miller, Cole, Battier, Haslem, 3 point champion J. Jones that's is a very dangerous unit that can spread the floor and hit shots.

justOmazing
02-23-2012, 10:45 AM

and.... the Mavs.

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 10:45 AM
I never said that Bulls are going all the way, I said it's going to be really tough for both teams plus we got a great addition in Hamilton whos going to play a big role in the Playoffs. And finally booz and Noah are stepping up big hopefully they'll continue to play like that in the Playoffs.

Boozer has a reputation of being a no show in the playoffs. Rip is old and spent most of his season on the sideline so how reliable you think he will be if he keeps missing games ?

Chi City23
02-23-2012, 10:58 AM
If Bulls are completely healthy they have a decent chance of beating the Heat. Not healthy? No chance

AntiG
02-23-2012, 11:06 AM
NY has one of the most balanced and talented teams in the league. Most likely they wouldn't beat Miami in a playoff series, but I could see them making it a close series and could also see them beating anyone else in the east.

Boston, with their vets, can beat anyone, and lose to anyone.

jp611
02-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Bulls can beat the Heat but they need to be healthy, Miami looks strong right now but anything can happen from now and the playoffs, let's just see how it all plays out... Miami vs. Chicago will be a great ECF barring either team is upset in the earlier rounds... I can't wait

DeyAce
02-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Bulls need to make a trade for Morrow, Gasol or Mathews if they want to beat Miami

NYK4L
02-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah I dont really get u on the knicks bench but if in their first year they make it to the finals im taking the heat to win it all

Steve Novak
JR Smith
B. Diddy if healthy

What dont you get?

phillyiverson11
02-23-2012, 11:22 AM
ummmm NO THE ANSWER IS NO! IF THE BIG 3 ARE HEALTHY NOBODY HAS A CHANCE

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Im super excited for the trade deadline to see where evryone ends up. I have a feeling there will be some monster trades (not just including dwight) around the league.

MagicHero3
02-23-2012, 11:23 AM
ummmm NO THE ANSWER IS NO! IF THE BIG 3 ARE HEALTHY NOBODY HAS A CHANCE

...except the Mavs?

jp611
02-23-2012, 11:30 AM
If anyone thinks the Bulls don't have a chance against Miami then they are just homers are caught up by the glitz and glamour of the Miami Heat... The Bulls play the best defense in the league, when Rip has been in the lineup the offense has looked much better, the Bulls lost to Miami on the road by 4 without their 2nd best player and the Bulls were in every game last season and just didnt close games out, the Bulls and the Heat have both improved and it will be a close series again... Miami are the favorites and they should be, but let's play the games before we go crowning them champions

And justin, you didnt even know what basketball was until last year so stop acting like you know everything about it, other than facepalming people who have differing opinions

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 11:36 AM
If anyone thinks the Bulls don't have a chance against Miami then they are just homers are caught up by the glitz and glamour of the Miami Heat... The Bulls play the best defense in the league, when Rip has been in the lineup the offense has looked much better, the Bulls lost to Miami on the road by 4 without their 2nd best player and the Bulls were in every game last season and just didnt close games out, the Bulls and the Heat have both improved and it will be a close series again... Miami are the favorites and they should be, but let's play the games before we go crowning them champions

And justin, you didnt even know what basketball was until last year so stop acting like you know everything about it, other than facepalming people who have differing opinions

lol, you keep saying that but its wrong, lol. What are you looking at my join date? based on that i have been watching it longer than you lmfao.

daleja424
02-23-2012, 11:46 AM
of course other teams have a chance!!!

The Bulls and Knicks are extremely dangerous teams.

I would guess Miami would be the favorites in a series against either... but that doesnt mean no one has a chance. The Bulls and Knicks have a fairly decent chance to knock off the heat.

TheRunKiller
02-23-2012, 12:06 PM
I thought regular season didn't matter

This thread = :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

LongIslandIcedZ
02-23-2012, 12:09 PM

I would guess Miami would be the favorites in a series against either... but that doesnt mean no one has a chance. The Bulls and Knicks have a fairly decent chance to knock off the heat.

Gasp.

Sound reasoning

natelpete
02-23-2012, 12:13 PM
A chance? Maybe the Bulls, but it's slim to none. As for the Knicks... lol

celtNYpatsHeels
02-23-2012, 12:15 PM
I think any team has a CHANCE to knock off another team

but i really dont see the Heat losing until they play OKC in the finals

sixer04fan
02-23-2012, 12:16 PM
I hate the Heat with an undying passion... But let's be honest they are gonna steam roll everyone in the East. Even the Bulls, sorry Chicago.

Crackadalic
02-23-2012, 12:20 PM
If Howard isnt traded I feel the Magic would have a chip on the shoulder come playoff time

Knicks IF they gel with be a dangerous team come playoff time

TheRunKiller
02-23-2012, 12:20 PM
I hate the Heat with an undying passion... But let's be honest they are gonna steam roll everyone in the East. Even the Bulls, sorry Chicago.

Even the sixers, sorry Philly

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 12:22 PM

The Knicks look good on paper and next season I would agree, But the thing about Chicago in a Best of 7 against the heats both teams are equally great on defense which takes Chicago's only advantage. On offense Miami is much better and if LBJ Defend Rose or if wade defend Rose who else on the bulls you can look at and say OK he will take over and take some pressure off Rose? Boozer like I said has a rep for becoming a no show in the playoffs And Rip is a big ??? also factor in his age and injury. Deng is a good glue guy but down the stretch he doesn't seem like the best second option. Miami don't really have much to worry about if healthy

Captain Moroni
02-23-2012, 12:30 PM

Shhhhh dont spoil the fun. Bulls fans have already discounted the knicks as a joke, dont give them any information that will change that perception. Melo, Amare, Chandler, Lin, Shumps, Smith, Davis, Jefferies, Novak, Fields...They all suck, the Knicks have no talent, they are 17-17 for heavens sake. Bulls played alot of road games, you know the drill. What Bulls fans dont get is that the Knicks are 9-2 since Lin started playing. 9-2 x3= 27-6 Shhhh dont let them in on the little secret. It worked for the Superbowl Giants. Just keep it under wraps.

Captain Moroni
02-23-2012, 12:31 PM
A chance? Maybe the Bulls, but it's slim to none. As for the Knicks... lol

Just what we want you to think.

Captain Moroni
02-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Here is a question for Bulls and Heat fans, The Knicks do have a bevy of talent, that cant be denied how ever hard you may try. But anyway I am sure the fans of both teams would agree (In their heads, never admit it) that they dont want to face the Knicks in a semifinal series right? I mean since its a given that NO ONE else will make it to the ECF but the Bulls and Heat, what teams are you more afraid to face than the Knicks in the ECSF?
I am going to save the responses, lets see how honest you all are to yourselves.

ready......GO!

jp611
02-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Shhhhh dont spoil the fun. Bulls fans have already discounted the knicks as a joke, dont give them any information that will change that perception. Melo, Amare, Chandler, Lin, Smith, Davis, Jefferies, Novak, Fields...They all suck, the Knicks have no talent, they are 17-17 for heavens sake. Bulls played alot of road games, you know the drill. What Bulls fans dont get is that the Knicks are 9-2 since Lin started playing. 9-2 x3= 27-6 Shhhh dont let them in on the little secret. It worked for the Superbowl Giants. Just keep it under wraps.

I swear if I hear this idiotic response about how the Giants won the Super Bowl comparing it to the NBA again I'm gonna go nuts... It's downright stupidity to compare the 2 sports... Football you play one game, ANYTHING can happen in one game... In the NBA they play 7 game series where you decide who the BEST team is... Sure the Knicks might get hot and win a game or 2 against the Heat or Bulls, but let's get real here and stop comparing the 2 sports... Lesser opponents just don't usually win championships in the NBA... Could the Knicks upset a team and advance a round or 2? Perhaps, but unlikely... There's a handful of teams who could win the championship this season and New York isnt one of them, let's stop comparing them to the Giants

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Here is a question for Bulls and Heat fans, The Knicks do have a bevy of talent, that cant be denied how ever hard you may try. But anyway I am sure the fans of both teams would agree (In their heads, never admit it) that they dont want to face the Knicks in a semifinal series right? I mean since its a given that NO ONE else will make it to the ECF but the Bulls and Heat, what teams are you more afraid to face than the Knicks in the ECSF?
I am going to save the responses, lets see how honest you all are to yourselves.

ready......GO!

Tough one, we own philly and indy...i guess boston, if they are 100% healthy. Last years semis could have gone 7 if rondo was not injured.

And yea, comparing a 7 game series to an NFL playoff game is beyond dumb.

jp611
02-23-2012, 12:40 PM

ready......GO!

I'd prefer not to face the Knicks in the first round because they arent your typical 7th or 8th seed, that being said I still expect them to improve on that seeding, I would rather them be the Heat problem, even though I think both Bulls and Heat would beat them in a 7 game series, it won't be an easy out, there's no such thing as that in the playoffs and I would prefer they are the Heat's problem rather than ours

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 12:49 PM

ready......GO!

Mike wallace sums it up well here
The issue with the Knicks is that when they're playing their best basketball, it's a style that the Heat also would prefer to play. It's why you can't keep throwing fastballs to home run hitters. The Knicks would make it entertaining. But I'm sure they'd prefer to face the conference's other big-boy team in Chicago.

nycericanguy
02-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Knicks on paper match up well against MIA.

Shumpert is as good a one on one defender as you can ask to guard Wade.

Melo always plays Lebron real tough and makes him work on the defensive end.

Amare & Bosh sort of cancel each other out.

Now where is MIA weak? Center & PG. Those are two positions NY can exploit them at. Chandler is leaps and bounds better than any center MIA has. And if Lin can keep up his play, he is worlds better than anything MIA has at PG also.

MIA's bench is underrated, Haslem, Miller & Cole are solid.

Knicks bench is a bit deeper now though, Shump, Harrelson, JJ, Novak, Davis & Smith lets them go 11 deep.

MIA is the team to beat, but NY can give them a run if they can get some practice time under their belt, which they finally will be able to do during the break. Keep in mind Knicks have yet to have even ONE practice with their full team.

sixer04fan
02-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Even the sixers, sorry Philly

I know that, thanks. That's the point of the word "everyone." I said even Chicago because that's the only team that some would think have a shot. But you took it personally and didn't even read my post. Good job.

D-Leethal
02-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Bulls vs Heat will be the same exact thing that happened last year. LeBron will D-UP Rose, they have no other weapons or options. Point, Blank, Period. Who do you run the offense through when LeBron takes Rose completely out of the picture again? At least Knicks have multiple options when it comes to that and LeBron/Wade can't guard everyone.

mightybosstone
02-23-2012, 01:18 PM
The Heat are the best team in the East and are likely to win the conference barring some sort of freak no show like Lebron did against Dallas last season. But I wouldn't go as far to say no other Eastern Conference team has a chance to take them down. All it takes is the right team with the right matchup playing well over a seven game series. We've seen No. 1 seeds go down before, so I'm not ruling out anything.

Captain Moroni
02-23-2012, 01:22 PM
As the Giants proved, No one is unbeatable. I remember the articles about how no one coul beat the packers in lambeau......Wrong. A hot team with the right matchups are a headache for anyone. Boston will be a tough out, Philly is no slouch, Indiana is playing well, Besides Miami, The East is wide open.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Thank god the heat players dont suffer the same overconfidence that some of their bandwagon fans do lol

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Knicks on paper match up well against MIA.

Shumpert is as good a one on one defender as you can ask to guard Wade.

Melo always plays Lebron real tough and makes him work on the defensive end.

Amare & Bosh sort of cancel each other out.

Now where is MIA weak? Center & PG. Those are two positions NY can exploit them at. Chandler is leaps and bounds better than any center MIA has. And if Lin can keep up his play, he is worlds better than anything MIA has at PG also.

MIA's bench is underrated, Haslem, Miller & Cole are solid.

Knicks bench is a bit deeper now though, Shump, Harrelson, JJ, Novak, Davis & Smith lets them go 11 deep.

MIA is the team to beat, but NY can give them a run if they can get some practice time under their belt, which they finally will be able to do during the break. Keep in mind Knicks have yet to have even ONE practice with their full team.

Miami is not weak at pg....chalmers #2 fg% for guards...having a career year and cole is pretty decent for a rookie.

mjm07
02-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Shhhhh dont spoil the fun. Bulls fans have already discounted the knicks as a joke, dont give them any information that will change that perception. Melo, Amare, Chandler, Lin, Shumps, Smith, Davis, Jefferies, Novak, Fields...They all suck, the Knicks have no talent, they are 17-17 for heavens sake. Bulls played alot of road games, you know the drill. What Bulls fans dont get is that the Knicks are 9-2 since Lin started playing. 9-2 x3= 27-6 Shhhh dont let them in on the little secret. It worked for the Superbowl Giants. Just keep it under wraps.

Knicks are dangerous i've said before the season started. Before J. Lin.

Bulls are better than the Knicks IMO and just as equal, at the very least defensively, as the HEAT.

Phily and Magic can also do damage.

Knick fans just make me laugh how 2/3 wks ago they were all quite and now they demand respect when in reality they're team hasn't accomplished diddlypoo in over a decade. I know not all knick fans are this way and i certaintly don't take away from they're teams improved play and confidence whatsever, so good for them.

This thread is pointless and i honestly don't give a ***** if they win the season series against the HEAT and bulls. Playoffs is what i can't wait for.

mjm07
02-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Thank god the heat players dont suffer the same overconfidence that some of their bandwagon fans do lol

very true but knick fans arent very far dude.

jp611
02-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Bulls vs Heat will be the same exact thing that happened last year. LeBron will D-UP Rose, they have no other weapons or options. Point, Blank, Period. Who do you run the offense through when LeBron takes Rose completely out of the picture again? At least Knicks have multiple options when it comes to that and LeBron/Wade can't guard everyone.

I dare Lebron to try and guard Rose all game, he can't keep up with him, Rose has shown up vs. Lebron in the past and it was clearly fatigue that held him back last year... Rose took the blame on himself and upped his conditioning so he can avoid that... Rose is also missing games from nagging injuries which will keep him fresh for the playoffs... So keep thinking that the Knicks have a better shot, because it's obvious they don't... The Bulls have the BEST defense in the league, I don't care to see the numbers, all I know is that the Bulls have allowed 6 teams to score less than 70 points this season in 35 games... The Bulls have also improved the SG position big time this offseason, I mean we could have won that series with Keith ****ing Bogans as our starter, now we have Rip who has shown he makes this offense much better and has always been a pest on D-Wade defensively and on the offensive end when he's making Wade run through screens left and right... The Bulls have also gotten much improved play from Boozer and Noah, they have finally gelled together and look great right now, and they're also both healthy, so no it won't be anything like last year at all

As the Giants proved, No one is unbeatable. I remember the articles about how no one coul beat the packers in lambeau......Wrong. A hot team with the right matchups are a headache for anyone. Boston will be a tough out, Philly is no slouch, Indiana is playing well, Besides Miami, The East is wide open.

Yeah, keep comparing football to basketball, it makes you look foolish... I've explained that these are 2 completely different sports and make no sense to compare with one another, in football you play ONE game, where anything can happen, in the NBA you play a 7 game series where the best team usually wins... Quit using that as a barometer for the Knicks because that means nothing

nycericanguy
02-23-2012, 01:34 PM

Agreed, and Lebron doesn't need to guard Rose all game, nor should he. But late in the 4th, Bron completely took Rose out of the game, that was amazing.

Rose needs to play at an MVP level for CHI to win, because no one else on that team is capable of carrying a team.

Shmontaine
02-23-2012, 01:35 PM
knicks and heat ECF..

bulls will lose in the first round to indiana... rip will be in crutches, boozer will have 5 offensive fouls in the first half of every game, drose will miss free throws...

knicks will shut down lbj and wade... and d'antoni will show his defensive genius...

heat will fail in the fourth quarter once again and lbj will be forced to shoot his long 3s which he hasn't practiced all year...

knicks will represent the east in the finals against OKC...

can we end this thread now, please???

DaBear
02-23-2012, 01:36 PM
All I can say is the Knicks are overrated and they won't compete with the Bulls or Heat. This team is .500 people. They are NOT contenders.

Southsideheat
02-23-2012, 01:36 PM
If teams continue to try and run with Miami like they're doing now, of course Miami is going to look unstoppable. But a team like Chicago is going to make the game ugly, force half-court sets, and all the high-flying, full-court alley oops stuff won't mean anything.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 01:37 PM
I dare Lebron to try and guard Rose all game, he can't keep up with him, Rose has shown up vs. Lebron in the past and it was clearly fatigue that held him back last year... Rose took the blame on himself and upped his conditioning so he can avoid that... Rose is also missing games from nagging injuries which will keep him fresh for the playoffs... So keep thinking that the Knicks have a better shot, because it's obvious they don't... The Bulls have the BEST defense in the league, I don't care to see the numbers, all I know is that the Bulls have allowed 6 teams to score less than 70 points this season in 35 games... The Bulls have also improved the SG position big time this offseason, I mean we could have won that series with Keith ****ing Bogans as our starter, now we have Rip who has shown he makes this offense much better and has always been a pest on D-Wade defensively and on the offensive end when he's making Wade run through screens left and right... The Bulls have also gotten much improved play from Boozer and Noah, they have finally gelled together and look great right now, and they're also both healthy, so no it won't be anything like last year at all

Yeah, keep comparing football to basketball, it makes you look foolish... I've explained that these are 2 completely different sports and make no sense to compare with one another, in football you play ONE game, where anything can happen, in the NBA you play a 7 game series where the best team usually wins... Quit using that as a barometer for the Knicks because that means nothing

But you didnt...miami won that sereis with mike freaking bibby playing pg...and they have upgraded considerably at the PG...

MU and UW Fan
02-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Way to early. See who is peaking at the right time at end of season, who is on fire, injuries, matchups, etc. Look at NFL and the Packers were dominating early on and people were saying does anyone else have a chance as well. I know it's a different sport and what not but the concept is still the same.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 01:38 PM
If teams continue to try and run with Miami like they're doing now, of course Miami is going to look unstoppable. But a team like Chicago is going to make the game ugly, force half-court sets, and all the high-flying, full-court alley oops stuff won't mean anything.

Miami is the #1 team in half court offense, according to synergy.

DaBear
02-23-2012, 01:41 PM
But you didnt...miami won that sereis with mike freaking bibby playing pg...and they have upgraded considerably at the PG...

How did they upgrade considerably at PG?

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 01:44 PM

Chalmers is having a career year and Cole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>bibby

LongIslandIcedZ
02-23-2012, 01:44 PM
very true but knick fans arent very far dude.

No disprespect, because I dont know you lol. All I have seen is Knick fans saying they can compete with the heat. On the flip side I have seen countless heat fans saying that they cannot be touched in the playoffs. I understand that each fanbase has an allowance for homer/annoying fans, but it seems the percentage is higher among the heat fans.

Again, not a shot at you, or many other heat fans who are rational and at least respect the opinions of others. It's for the ones who act like the heat won the championship last year.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 01:45 PM

Look at the production coming out of our PG posistion.

Last year rio was avg 9pts on 38% shooting
And mike bibby was our starter...not much more needs to be said about that

this season, rio is avg 13ppg on 48% shooting(#2 among guard behind nash), 47%from 3
And cole gives us a good change of pace, avg 9ppg

Much improved over last season. so we getting about 20ppg this season out of our pg, vs about 14 last season. And they are efficient.

DaBear
02-23-2012, 01:49 PM
So we can talk about Miami's upgrade at PG, but people seem to ignore the fact that Hamilton is a huge upgrade over Bogans, at least offensively. Bogans was a good defender, but we still have Ronnie Brewer who can hang with Wade.

Beltrans Mole
02-23-2012, 01:52 PM
All I can say is the Knicks are overrated and they won't compete with the Bulls or Heat. This team is .500 people. They are NOT contenders.

I suppose that's what simple-minded folk would argue. Hey look at the standings! The Knicks are 17-17 they must be terrible! Let's completely ignore the revamped roster that has taken place over the past couple of weeks.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 01:53 PM
So we can talk about Miami's upgrade at PG, but people seem to ignore the fact that Hamilton is a huge upgrade over Bogans, at least offensively. Bogans was a good defender, but we still have Ronnie Brewer who can hang with Wade.

I dont even know if rip will be healthy enough to play in the playoffs or what % his health will be. Offensively its an upgrade but bogans is a better defender than rip. If brewer is out there, then you guys lose the offense rip brings, not enough 2 way players.

It was obvious bulls focussed on taking wade out and bron put up crazy numbers and bosh was out x factor scoring 22 a game on over 60% shooting.

DaBear
02-23-2012, 01:54 PM
I suppose that's what simple-minded folk would argue. Hey look at the standings! The Knicks are 17-17 they must be terrible! Let's completely ignore the revamped roster that has taken place over the past couple of weeks.

They're not terrible, just not as good as the Bulls or Heat.

mjm07
02-23-2012, 01:55 PM
No disprespect, because I dont know you lol. All I have seen is Knick fans saying they can compete with the heat. On the flip side I have seen countless heat fans saying that they cannot be touched in the playoffs. I understand that each fanbase has an allowance for homer/annoying fans, but it seems the percentage is higher among the heat fans.

Again, not a shot at you, or many other heat fans who are rational and at least respect the opinions of others. It's for the ones who act like the heat won the championship last year.

Appreciate the disclosure dude. Thats why I said i agreed with you on some Heat fans (bandwagoners or not) being overly cocky. I myself might fly off the handle especially when I see my team play and dominate (just like the Knicks have over the past 2 wks ). Hell after a few White zinfandales(j/k)...well you get the point.

just saying that If you read some of the posts of your fellow brethrens, I think you might realize when i'm trying to say also.

Tonight will be a fun game. can't wait for the playoffs.

nycericanguy
02-23-2012, 01:55 PM

9-2 since they got Lin, including wins over LAL, DAL, MIN & ATL.

And this is without any practice. Knicks could easily be 11-0 in the Lin era if they hadn't lost those two gimmes to NJ & NOLA

Slimsim
02-23-2012, 01:56 PM

Rip is old and have show little to nothing when it comes to getting Chicago over the top

DaBear
02-23-2012, 01:57 PM
I dont even know if rip will be healthy enough to play in the playoffs or what % his health will be. Offensively its an upgrade but bogans is a better defender than rip. If brewer is out there, then you guys lose the offense rip brings, not enough 2 way players.

It was obvious bulls focussed on taking wade out and bron put up crazy numbers and bosh was out x factor scoring 22 a game on over 60% shooting.

Wade was taken out at the expense of a 4 man offense. I don't think Rip's defense is a huge drop off from Bogans defense. So with Bogans and Brewer we had guys who didn't provide much of anything on offense. Now we have the spark on offense. Bron is going to put up good #'s no matter what. I think the key this year is not letting Bosh go ballistic like last year. As long as two of them are held in check, it's a winnable series.

DaBear
02-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Rip is old and have show little to nothing when it comes to getting Chicago over the top

Wait, Hamilton hasn't shown enough to prove he's better than Bogans? :laugh2:

Missing56&33
02-23-2012, 01:59 PM

I don't follow you. So you are saying the Miami Heat are reminiscent of the 96' Bulls?

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Wade was taken out at the expense of a 4 man offense. I don't think Rip's defense is a huge drop off from Bogans defense. So with Bogans and Brewer we had guys who didn't provide much of anything on offense. Now we have the spark on offense. Bron is going to put up good #'s no matter what. I think the key this year is not letting Bosh go ballistic like last year. As long as two of them are held in check, it's a winnable series.

Yea, we can go back and forth about this all day. lol...to bad we just cant fast forward to the ECF.

BcEuAbRsS
02-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Heat are the favorites... Nobody should question that...

But favorites lose all the time, 7 game series typically the better team wins... But that's not always the case...

IMO... Heat will be Champs... Doesn't mean they will be tho...

DaBear
02-23-2012, 02:02 PM

And this is without any practice. Knicks could easily be 11-0 in the Lin era if they hadn't lost those two gimmes to NJ & NOLA

:yawn:

And how many turnovers did Lin have in those games? :laugh2:

Shmontaine
02-23-2012, 02:04 PM

in their last 10 games:

ATL 3-7
MIN 5-5
DAL 7-3
LAL 6-4

dallas is the only good win, the other teams have been in a slump...

Shmontaine
02-23-2012, 02:05 PM

clearly you've seen him play on the bulls... his health is an issue, but his contribution is obvious...

DaBear
02-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Hey guys, look out for the Knicks when they practice. They were too good these last couple of weeks to practice for teams. They're just too good.

DaBear
02-23-2012, 02:06 PM
clearly you've seen him play on the bulls... his health is an issue, but his contribution is obvious...

lol. The fact that people still underestimate his presence baffles me.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 02:08 PM
At this point, i think the only question about rip is how helathy will he be in the playoffs. it feels like its been forever since he has been healthy. He is an upgrade over bogans tho, thats obvious.

Shmontaine
02-23-2012, 02:09 PM

he's a solid defender as well, who's had a history of shutting wade down, and causing him fits.. this is why we got rip, for miami... he's a 6'7" sg who can post up, run for days and plays and play d...

DaBear
02-23-2012, 02:10 PM
he's a solid defender as well, who's had a history of shutting wade down, and causing him fits.. this is why we got rip, for miami... he's a 6'7" sg who can post up, run for days and plays and play d...

Yet people think Wade will run circles around him..

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 02:11 PM

Lets be honest here, when was the last time he shut wade down, 5 years ago?

that 4-16 game right after wade returned from injury does not count in my mind(i think that was his first game back after missing 8 games)...he will make wade work, but he wont be shutting him down.

jp611
02-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Rip is 100% healthy right now, there was no reason to bring him back for the last 2 games of the break, might as well tack on 7 more days of rest and let him get his conditioning back up... He will start the first game after the all star break and I expect him to be healthy for the rest of the season barring any freak injuries

What people don't realize is that Rip Hamilton takes care of himself better than anyone in the NBA, he also already proven to make the Bulls offense better and his ability to pass the ball is his most important attribute to the Bulls offense, people can act like he isnt a major upgrade over Bogans all they want but when he's back and Brewer is coming off the bench (where he is much more productive), along with Turd Ferguson riding the pine the Bulls are a much better team... Top to bottom the Bulls are better than the Heat, 2 deep at every single position on the floor, Noah and Booz playing at a high level together and staying healthy is KEY... Time will tell who is going to advance to the championship but I'm confident in this Bulls team

jp611
02-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Lets be honest here, when was the last time he shut wade down, 5 years ago?

that 4-16 game right after wade returned from injury does not count in my mind(i think that was his first game back after missing 8 games)...he will make wade work, but he wont be shutting him down.

He always plays Wade tough, his best defense against Wade is on the offensive end where he makes Wade fight through screens left and right and wears him down... Rip has given Wade trouble his entire career

Evolution23
02-23-2012, 02:42 PM
As long as Lebron doesn't choke, the heat should be fine. That's a big if becaue he hasn't shown to play in big moments yet.

Southsideheat
02-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Noah and Boozer vs. Anthony and Bosh is what its going to come down to.

Noah and Boozer's passing have been stellar this year and helping the Bulls to have the most assist per game in the league. It's not going to be one on one basketball at the end of games. Yes, LBJ will guard Rose, but that leaves open Deng who has showed in Rose's absence, to be a better ball handler who can distribute, and you throw in a shooter in Hamilton, it's no longer a one man show on offense.

Sly Guy
02-23-2012, 03:38 PM

no man, with Lin playing with the starters, I don't see the bench having the firepower you speak of. If anything, the early part of the Knicks year has outlined how important a PG is to those guys coming off the bench, and well, the Knicks only have 1 Jeremy Lin, and isn't going to play all 48 every night. If the knicks are to do well, it's gonig to come down to the starters playing well together, not depth off the bench.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-23-2012, 03:40 PM
no man, with Lin playing with the starters, I don't see the bench having the firepower you speak of. If anything, the early part of the Knicks year has outlined how important a PG is to those guys coming off the bench, and well, the Knicks only have 1 Jeremy Lin, and isn't going to play all 48 every night. If the knicks are to do well, it's gonig to come down to the starters playing well together, not depth off the bench.

Baron Davis is on the Knicks

Hopefully him and Smith can keep up the rhythm their in.

Beltrans Mole
02-23-2012, 03:44 PM
They're not terrible, just not as good as the Bulls or Heat.

The Knicks are definitely not as good as the Heat, I don't think anyone's denying that. While the Bulls are a great team, they can be beaten. The Knicks are much deeper, have a legit PG and legit C, etc....they will be a much tougher out than they were last postseason. Rose is a stud but his supporting cast isn't as strong as the Knicks. That would be a very interesting 7 game series. I just don't understand why you think the Bulls are far and away better than the Knicks right now.

SportsFanatic10
02-23-2012, 03:47 PM
He always plays Wade tough, his best defense against Wade is on the offensive end where he makes Wade fight through screens left and right and wears him down... Rip has given Wade trouble his entire career

this is being overstated. for all this talk from bulls fans about rose getting in better shape, well wade is in the best shape of his career after this offseason to. and while wade will be matched with rip mostly, miami has the flexibility with battier that they didn't have last year. battier isn't the defender he once was, but plays extremely smart and is still very good on that end. battier can guard deng late it games freeing lebron for more minutes against rose, or he can spell wade guarding rip to get him rest. gonna be a fun series to watch with so many matchup possibilities.

also the heats 5 best players lineup of wade/miller/lebron/haslem/bosh will be unleashed more during the playoffs since they're all healthy this year. haslem and miller were at like 60% last year and that lineup still was effective and rebounds great to counter the bulls rebounding.

Fnom11
02-23-2012, 03:47 PM
The Knicks are definitely not as good as the Heat, I don't think anyone's denying that. While the Bulls are a great team, they can be beaten. The Knicks are much deeper, have a legit PG and legit C, etc....they will be a much tougher out than they were last postseason. Rose is a stud but his supporting cast isn't as strong as the Knicks. That would be a very interesting 7 game series. I just don't understand why you think the Bulls are far and away better than the Knicks right now.

A LOT of people are denying that.

tredigs
02-23-2012, 03:55 PM
As long as Lebron doesn't choke, the heat should be fine. That's a big if becaue he hasn't shown to play in big moments yet.

He hasn't? Then you would agree that Amare and Melo have never even been good enough to get to choke in a big moment, correct? Seeing as they have never been in one?

And D. Rose/Boozer, for that matter.

Obviously I disagree with your definition of a big moment.

DaBear
02-23-2012, 03:55 PM

The Knicks are not beating the Bulls or Heat in a 7 game series. Case closed.

And really? Knicks are deeper than the Bulls? As far as what? Yes, they have more star talent in their starting 5. After that, they are not close to being as deep as the Bulls. The Knicks won't have a prayer against the Bulls D.

And to answer your last question, I think how the Bulls have played all year compared to the Knicks (even with their late run) explains my opinion.

smiddy012
02-23-2012, 04:00 PM

I actually agree with this... and I'm a Bulls fan... last playoffs they certainly played their best vs us, Lebron was a maaad man.

That said, Thibbs and our D is going to create problems. IF we are healthy, our starting 5 is quite full of chemistry, and Noah WILL give Miami's big men fits. I think the Bulls success vs. the Heat depends mostly on Boozer, if he is not shut-down, if he can hit his jumper consistently, it will be quite a series. Rose has much more help this year and its still their second year in the system, all across the board, our starters are better.

And its quite easy to discount the addition of Rip, as he hasnt played much, but all you have to do is look at Bogan's numbers last year to understand how he is a MAJOR upgrade.