PDA

View Full Version : Former New York Knick, Charles Oakely criticizes Barkley, KG in an interview

Lakersfan2483
02-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Charles Oakley was interviewed on Tuesday and had some harsh words for Charles Barkely and Kevin Garnett. He also criticized Kendrick Perkins as well. Here are the links:

http://www.jimrome.com/guest/oakley-charles/29972

http://www.nesn.com/2012/02/charles-oakley-calls-kevin-garnett-one-of-weakest-guys-to-ever-play-also-rips-kendrick-perkins-charl.html

Thoughts?

utl768
02-22-2012, 03:17 PM
someones bitter

Missing56&33
02-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Disagree with Oak on KG.....KG is far from weak, tough as they come, one of my favorite NBA players. Disagree with him on Perkins, Perk is a tough minded, hard nosed NBA center, that gives you his all. Agree with him on Charles Barkley. Barkley is just an *******.

69centers
02-22-2012, 06:37 PM
At least Perk tried to defend Blake on that dunk.

Here's Oak completely turning his back and ducking, while getting dunked on by Pippen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q57QqREwgLY

Griffin could easily dunk on Oakley. 80% of his fouls back in the day would be considered flagrant now. Tough hard fouls does not make you a tough player.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2012, 06:42 PM
I never have problems with what Oaktree says.

sjbirds
02-22-2012, 06:44 PM
i agree about kg... fake tough guy... look at who he always gets into it with...

JasonJohnHorn
02-22-2012, 06:56 PM
I loved Oakley as a player. He was a great defender, solid rebounder, good mentor in his later years. This stuff sounds like its coming from out of left field? Garnett one of the weakest players? Seriously? Even if Oak doesn't think Garnett's as tough as Garnett wants people to think he is, he still isnt weak by any stretch, let alone one of the weakest to ever play the game. And Perkins is a solid defneder and rebounder. Griffin beat him on a play. It happens. The James tweet... I can see why Perk didnt like that.

Garnett is tough. I've watched enough games. You can pretend to be tough in the NBA. You either are, or you arent. Garnett is tough, and strong.

Oak disses Barkley for not trying in practices, then disses Garnett who busts his @$$ every second he's on the court? Who does Oakley think is tough?

And I'll concede that Barkley may not have been a great 'practice' player... I've heard it from more than one player... but he busted his @$$ of at game time, and considering his size, what, 6'5? 6'6 maybe? And he was playing against guys who were 6'8-7'0. He put up some crazy numbers. He had a lot fo natural talent, which Oakley didnt, so Barkley didnt have to bust his @$$ off in practice, but he sure as h3ll did when the clock started.

I'm just scratching my head at these comments.

That said, there is no way Oak only got dunked on three times. NO WAY!!!!

JasonJohnHorn
02-22-2012, 07:00 PM
At least Perk tried to defend Blake on that dunk.

Here's Oak completely turning his back and ducking, while getting dunked on by Pippen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q57QqREwgLY

Griffin could easily dunk on Oakley. 80% of his fouls back in the day would be considered flagrant now. Tough hard fouls does not make you a tough player.

Where tehe fawk did you come up with that clip so fast.... I am impressed.

GiantsSwaGG
02-22-2012, 07:03 PM
He's right

COOLbeans
02-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Who cares. I'm an Oakley fan but, but like Barkley, hes also talking about and negatively evaluating younger players, ie Kendrick Perkins. He's being a bit of a hypocrite actually.

--23--
02-22-2012, 07:04 PM
he's mad

Bubba313
02-22-2012, 07:20 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that KG would not pull some of the **** he gets away with if:

(1) the rules were the same as back in the day, and it took ALOT to get suspended, not just throwing a basketball at a ref

and

(2) if the person he was trying to pull it on was Oakley, the old school Pistons, etc. who all would put him on his ***

Vincent
02-22-2012, 07:26 PM
I wonder if he called up Barkley, KG, or Kendrick Perkins to tell them that he was going to rip them.

oak2455
02-22-2012, 07:27 PM
I never have problems with what Oaktree says.

Or Patrick Swayze:D

oak2455
02-22-2012, 07:28 PM
He's right

thats tight:speechless:

Pealvin
02-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Thats really how he feels huh??? Well Oakley might have been tough, but he played for the knicks. They are soft and really, who is he??

oak2455
02-22-2012, 07:39 PM
I love the new duplicate accounts:clap::clap::clap: