PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Have Worst Fans in NBA?

uptown0364
02-22-2012, 10:06 AM
The Rockets seem to be a close 2nd. Near the bottom of the league in attendance with winning records. You can understand the Hornets, Pistons, and Nets fans but if Pacers fans want their young team to continue to spend money and build a contender, start going to the games.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Dade County
02-22-2012, 10:12 AM
I guess you are going to be writing out checks to give to the pacer fans ......right???? How are you going to tell people how to spend their money... wtf

And if you haven't notice, fans like all star caliber (borderline super stars) players on their teams ( thats what sales tickets) and I am guessing they are tired of granger.

uptown0364
02-22-2012, 10:20 AM
All I said was they have the worst fans in the NBA and the data seems to back me up on that one. The Hornets have better attendance and are not really super star driven last time I checked. Also look at the Jazz and Blazers.

bbcmillionaire
02-22-2012, 10:31 AM
All I said was they have the worst fans in the NBA and the data seems to back me up on that one. The Hornets have better attendance and are not really super star driven last time I checked. Also look at the Jazz and Blazers.

Lol idk what's up with our inbred neighbors, Jkn Jkn, indiana is a strong basketball state with a very good team,

Dade County
02-22-2012, 10:32 AM
but a fan-base gets tired of mediocrity, they shouldn't still feel like they have to spend their money because their team has a winning record...

They know they are not seeing a finals in the next 3 to 4 yrs unless they get that player that gives them hope.

Dade County
02-22-2012, 10:35 AM
I guess you are going to be writing out checks to give to the pacer fans .....

How are you going to tell people how to spend their money... wtf

Cool story you should tell be about about it someday :D

uptown0364
02-22-2012, 10:51 AM
but a fan-base gets tired of mediocrity, they shouldn't still feel like they have to spend their money because their team has a winning record...

They know they are not seeing a finals in the next 3 to 4 yrs unless they get that player that gives them hope.

So you're saying fans should only go to games if their team has a chance to win the title? If that was the case there would be 4-8 teams with fans showing up and the league wouldn't exist.

JoyRide
02-22-2012, 10:56 AM
you can say they have the worst attendance, not worst fans ,it's a different thing

Dade County
02-22-2012, 10:57 AM
So you're saying fans should only go to games if their team has a chance to win the title? If that was the case there would be 4-8 teams with fans showing up and the league wouldn't exist.

I didn't say that...

I was just giving YOU the "OP" a reason why they might not be fulling up the arena ... thats all. After years and years of coming out, they might not feel like spending their money on a mediocre product.... thats all.

I think they have a good team :clap:

Celticsfan2007
02-22-2012, 11:13 AM

I'm really going to laugh if this team upsets the Heat/Bulls in the first/second round.

The Pacers are the definition of a sleeper team.

Pacerlive
02-22-2012, 11:14 AM
The Rockets seem to be a close 2nd. Near the bottom of the league in attendance with winning records. You can understand the Hornets, Pistons, and Nets fans but if Pacers fans want their young team to continue to spend money and build a contender, start going to the games.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

The Pacers had 4-5 years of losing and one year of having a winning record is not going to correct that or change the minds of fans that quickly.

Also Indy has options for other basketball entertainment and many fans just go to college games because they like that more than the NBA basketball.

Couple that with a small city and bad economy then you can see why the average income family are holding back they dollar for more important things like food.

uptown0364
02-22-2012, 11:30 AM
The Pacers had 4-5 years of losing and one year of having a winning record is not going to correct that or change the minds of fans that quickly.

Also Indy has options for other basketball entertainment and many fans just go to college games because they like that more than the NBA basketball.

Couple that with a small city and bad economy then you can see why the average income family are holding back they dollar for more important things like food.

Don't bring the economy into this discussion because Indy is in the same spot as every other market. And if your other argument holds true about previous losing records how do you explain the Warriors, Clippers, Timberwolves?

uptown0364
02-22-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm really going to laugh if this team upsets the Heat/Bulls in the first/second round.

I agree I'm just surprised their fans don't see that and support the cause....

cubbies7177
02-22-2012, 11:40 AM

Heat fans are so pathetic. All I hear from Heat fans is that "You need more superstars" or "winning, but non-contending teams are not worth supporting or going to see".... That's how Miami "basketball" fans are... they're with you when you're winning, and absolutely invisible when you aren't.

I have watched 1 basketball team since I was 5 years old. I have gotten Bulls tickets once or twice a year for Christmas and my birthday in the best and worst seasons. I have supported and will support my team for the rest of my life. I love the NBA and the Chicago Bulls. **** you and your "superstars".... go bandwagon a different sport. So frustrating that such a horrible basketball town got such a good team. If it was. The reason I hate the Miami Heat is no longer because of LeBron or Bosh (So so so sad to admit that Bosh has stepped up big this year, and he has been impressive to say the least... without one of Wade or LeBron there, he would shine.), but it's your horrible, sh*tty fan-base that pretends to have watched basketball for more than 2 years... Asking me what "Defensive 3 seconds" is... and you call yourselves basketball fans. :facepalm:

As much as I love the superstars, they attract ******** bandwagon fans. Now, I'm not trying to be "hipster" and like what only others don't like, but it's beyond annoying when you hear people talking about how Jeremy Lin "will probably crush CP3 and Rose after a few years of development." Or asking me 50 times if I saw that "HUGE LEBRON DUNK on NBA.com" Seriously so f*cking annoying... No one "watches" basketball anymore. It's more just sitting around and waiting for an alley-oop and turning the TV off if good defense is being played.

Big Zo
02-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Heat fans are so pathetic. All I hear from Heat fans is that "You need more superstars" or "winning, but non-contending teams are not worth supporting or going to see".... That's how Miami "basketball" fans are... they're with you when you're winning, and absolutely invisible when you aren't.

I have watched 1 basketball team since I was 5 years old. I have gotten Bulls tickets once or twice a year for Christmas and my birthday in the best and worst seasons. I have supported and will support my team for the rest of my life. I love the NBA and the Chicago Bulls. **** you and your "superstars".... go bandwagon a different sport. So frustrating that such a horrible basketball town got such a good team. If it was. The reason I hate the Miami Heat is no longer because of LeBron or Bosh (So so so sad to admit that Bosh has stepped up big this year, and he has been impressive to say the least... without one of Wade or LeBron there, he would shine.), but it's your horrible, sh*tty fan-base that pretends to have watched basketball for more than 2 years... Asking me what "Defensive 3 seconds" is... and you call yourselves basketball fans. :facepalm:

As much as I love the superstars, they attract ******** bandwagon fans. Now, I'm not trying to be "hipster" and like what only others don't like, but it's beyond annoying when you hear people talking about how Jeremy Lin "will probably crush CP3 and Rose after a few years of development." Or asking me 50 times if I saw that "HUGE LEBRON DUNK on NBA.com" Seriously so f*cking annoying... No one "watches" basketball anymore. It's more just sitting around and waiting for an alley-oop and turning the TV off if good defense is being played.

Well aren't you Mr. Cool Beans? : /

Pacerlive
02-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Don't bring the economy into this discussion because Indy is in the same spot as every other market. And if your other argument holds true about previous losing records how do you explain the Warriors, Clippers, Timberwolves?

LOL
Lets see Warriors huge market, Clippers huge market with Chris Paul, Timby and nice up and coming team in a bigger market.

Tell you what if the Pacers get Chris Paul then I think you'll see a blip in ticket sales. Either way it doesn't change the fact that a lot Indiana fans spend their money elsewhere like on college games or even highschool games and alot of Indiana fans dislike NBA basketball and the brawl only worsen that.

I mean how many high school gyms do you know that seat over 9,000?

A lot of things factor into this but again 5 years of losing and 33 games isn't going to erase fans perception. I have family members who say they will never go to a Pacer game because they dislike the NBA that much. He'll drive an hour away to see the Hoosiers though but he won't drive 20 minutes to see the Pacers for free because he doesn't like the NBA product.

Evolution23
02-22-2012, 12:06 PM
I saw the Heat game yesterday and couldn't believe how many empty seats there were. Pretty sad.

Dade County
02-22-2012, 12:06 PM

I am happy that you got all that off of your chest, it's not good to hold all that in... I'm proud of you :clap:

I have been watching the HEAT since the beginning as well... Take care bulls fan, maybe your organization can get rose some help, I wouldn't want to see rose waste the best years of his life with out a true number two option.

nice talking to you ;)

Dade County
02-22-2012, 12:09 PM

If they take out the bulls I'm fine with that... More power to them :clap:

edit: (bulls)

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Attendance is not a 100% direct correlation with who has the worst fans. Factor in population in the area, unemployment in the area, along with other variables.

If NY averaged 500 more fans than Indy, does that mean NY has better fans, even though the population in that area is probably 20x that of Indianapolis?

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2012, 12:10 PM
If they take out the bills I'm fine with that... More power to them :clap:

So the Pacers have switched over to the NFL?

Dade County
02-22-2012, 12:14 PM
So the Pacers have switched over to the NFL?

in my face typo ... bulls!!!

Pacerlive
02-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Uptown,

Just so you know that I am what I am talking about here is a list of the largest Highschool basketball staduims in the US. Bolded is Indiana on that list.

1 Indiana New Castle New Castle Fieldhouse 9,325[1]

2 Indiana Anderson Anderson Wigwam 8,996[1]

3 Indiana East Chicago John A. Baratto Athletic Center 8,296[1]

4 Indiana Seymour Lloyd E. Scott Gymnasium 8,110[1]

5 Indiana Richmond Tiernan Center 8,100[3]

6 Texas Dallas Alfred J. Loos Fieldhouse 7,500[1]

7 Indiana Elkhart North Side Gymnasium 7,373[1]

8 Indiana Michigan City "The Wolves' Den" Gym 7,304[1]

9 Indiana Gary West Side High School Gym 7,217[1]

10 Indiana Lafayette Jefferson High School Gym 7,200[4]

11 Indiana Indianapolis Southport High School Gym 7,124[4]

12 Indiana Washington "The Hatchet House" 7,090[5]

13 Indiana Columbus Columbus North High School Gym 7,071[4]

14 Indiana Marion Bill Green Athletic Arena 7,054[1]

15= Arizona Chinle Wildcat Den 7,000[6]

15= Kentucky Somerset Pulaski County High School Gym 7,000[7]

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2012, 12:15 PM
High school b-ball in Indiana is pure insane. You should have seen games the year Oden and Conley were Sr's. Their games probably had higher attendance than some pacers games that year.

Tmath
02-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Raptors have a terrible roster & our star player has been out for half the season and they are 17th, not bad considering.

Heater4life
02-22-2012, 12:20 PM
So frustrating that such a horrible basketball town (Miami) got such a good team (Heat).

You can hold onto my pocket if it makes you feel better.

beasted86
02-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Hawks are the worst.

They've had a 50+ win team for the past couple seasons, and they are always pretty low. This season they are 22nd with 81%.

When you see any big market team play in ATL, there are always more cheers from the crowd for the opponents (MIA, NY, LA, DAL, BOS).

uptown0364
02-22-2012, 12:32 PM
LOL
Lets see Warriors huge market, Clippers huge market with Chris Paul, Timby and nice up and coming team in a bigger market.

Tell you what if the Pacers get Chris Paul then I think you'll see a blip in ticket sales. Either way it doesn't change the fact that a lot Indiana fans spend their money elsewhere like on college games or even highschool games and alot of Indiana fans dislike NBA basketball and the brawl only worsen that.

I mean how many high school gyms do you know that seat over 9,000?

A lot of things factor into this but again 5 years of losing and 33 games isn't going to erase fans perception. I have family members who say they will never go to a Pacer game because they dislike the NBA that much. He'll drive an hour away to see the Hoosiers though but he won't drive 20 minutes to see the Pacers for free because he doesn't like the NBA product.

Thank you for proving my point. If Pacers fans don't like the quality of the NBA that means they aren't good "NBA" fans. I said nothing about them being good basketball fans (high school or college). This is a thread about worst "NBA" fans and you confirmed that you don't care about the NBA as much as other things to do.

Public Enemy #1
02-22-2012, 12:32 PM

This isn't a completely false statement. I've been going to college in Miami for over a year and a half now and most of my new friends became Heat fans when Lebron and Bosh came over. Most only watch now because of them and even admitted they didn't care for the Heat before... I live 3 blocks from American Airlines Arena and it is kind of pathetic that the Heat don't sell out every game with two of the top 3 best players in the league on their team. I'm not saying all Heat fans are bandwagon, because I know there are loyal fans out there, but there is a big majority that just became fans last year and will only support them through the great years...

Pacerlive
02-22-2012, 12:37 PM
High school b-ball in Indiana is pure insane. You should have seen games the year Oden and Conley were Sr's. Their games probably had higher attendance than some pacers games that year.

It use to be even more insane when there was no class system and no AAU but its been reported that Indiana has the largest collection of big basketball staduims in the world. Per captia I don't see how that couldn't be true.

I mean even Butlers staduim use to seat 15,000 people for a student body of around 3,000 in the 80's.

The fact is people in Indiana can see basketball with there families in multiple places and enjoy watching it and they don't have to drive an hour away to see it. In addition a lot people think the NBA is corrupted and isn't the type of basketball they like watching. Thats certainly true of some family members of mine and I know other people that feel strongly about that as well.

king4day
02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
1. Just because fans don't show up doesn't mean they have the worst fans. I would suggest checking how their TV ratings are. If they too aren't good then instead of saying they have the worst fans, how about the politically correct way and say, "they don't have many fans".
2. These thread types won't ever have a postive response because you are ripping a fanbase. That's a nono.
That leads to a whole fanbase to defend themselves which leads to mocking other fans.

I would have suggest calling the thread something along the lines of "Pacers have the lowest attendance in the league". Feel free to try again but I'm not reopening this thread as it will require too many posts to get deleted.

/thread