PDA

View Full Version : Do people HONESTLY think the Knicks are winning it all this year?

Pages : [1] 2

davids22
02-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Don't get me wrong. The Knicks are a very exciting up-and-coming team. Jeremy Lin is exciting to watch and is a great feel good story. And the addition of JR Smith makes the Knicks have a very solid 1-5, as well as some more depth.

But the recent addition of JR Smith and the Linsanity hype has people going overboard with the Knicks. I'm not trying to bait, I'm just trying to get people's serious opinions. My pre-season teams out of the East were Miami vs Chicago, and I still stand by that. I don't really see any team beating those two in a 7 game series. The Knicks can definitely take that next step and make the 2nd round, especially against a young team like the 76ers, Pacers, or a Dwight-less Magic.

A lot of people's basis for saying they could win it all (despite their current 7 seed) is because their mid-season additions make them a better team then what they were at the start of the season. This is the same logic as last year. The Knicks were supposed to be team in the 5-8 seed that had a chance at an upset of a top 4 after the addition of Carmelo Anthony. But the playoff experienced and tenured team (Celtics) won in convincing fashion.

Thoughts?

heyman321
02-22-2012, 01:40 AM
They are winning it all. I will be surprised if they DONT sweep the Heat and Bulls in the playoffs.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Injuries played a factor in the Celtics series. Anyone who disregards that statement doesnt know basketball. Celtics shouldnt have been in the second round and that was evident by what happened in the very next series.

Tmath
02-22-2012, 01:52 AM
Nope, and they have about a 2 1/2 year window to win anything.

Baller1
02-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Other than a few homer Knick fans and diehard Knick fans, it's basically a general acceptance that they will not win it all this season. I understand why some of the true Knick fans who have been through the past decade would be optimistic and maybe a bit overconfident. But other than that, everyone knows they aren't winning a championship this season.

Nothing is impossible of course, so I'll give them a very generous 5% chance.

Meatmypet
02-22-2012, 01:58 AM
Nah, enormous Knick fan here. I don't see us winning it all this year, however, a second round exit seems reasonable.

davids22
02-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Other than a few homer Knick fans and diehard Knick fans, it's basically a general acceptance that they will not win it all this season. I understand why some of the true Knick fans who have been through the past decade would be optimistic and maybe a bit overconfident. But other than that, everyone knows they aren't winning a championship this season.

Great post! Trust me, as a Bucks fans, I know nothing but at least TRYING to be optimistic. So if I was a die-hard Knicks fan and had to live through the past 10 years of mediocrity, then yes, I would be as optimistic as possible. I just feel like I'm seeing a little TOO much confidence on this board. People are ignoring what Miami and Chicago are have done and are currently doing this season. There's a difference between optimism and realism. It's alright to push them as close as you can together if you're a big fan, but the Knicks in the Finals (let alone winning it all) is a little much.

Sadds The Gr8
02-22-2012, 02:02 AM
whoever thinks this needs to be slapped

rwynyc
02-22-2012, 02:05 AM
My thoughts- Sounds like you are still butt hurt about the Giants putting it on the packers at home no less

and you lose like 50 man points and 87 come on mans for having the giants song I got a ring in your signature in reference to the packers

davids22
02-22-2012, 02:06 AM
My thoughts- Sounds like you are still butt hurt about the Giants putting it on the packers at home no less

Yeah bro, you got me. I'm so so mad.

Baller1
02-22-2012, 02:06 AM
Great post! Trust me, as a Bucks fans, I know nothing but at least TRYING to be optimistic. So if I was a die-hard Knicks fan and had to live through the past 10 years of mediocrity, then yes, I would be as optimistic as possible. I just feel like I'm seeing a little TOO much confidence on this board. People are ignoring what Miami and Chicago are have done and are currently doing this season. There's a difference between optimism and realism. It's alright to push them as close as you can together if you're a big fan, but the Knicks in the Finals (let alone winning it all) is a little much.

I agree with you completely, but the fact of the matter is that this entire forum is filled with overconfidence and stretched optimism. Not only that, but there's an enormous New York following in the basketball forums, and therefore you're naturally going to have more dumbass fans of that team.

A lot of people like to point at Miami, Chicago, New York, Toronto, and Laker fans in this forum and say they're "dumb". But they're the biggest fan bases, so it's just the way it goes.

I like your thread topic as a general discussion though, because if Lin, Melo, and Amare can develop some chemistry, they do have the potential to be a very dangerous team come playoff time.

Just my two cents.

Davidgta1
02-22-2012, 02:07 AM
If they could somehow beat the heat. but I don't see that I see LJB shutting down Lin if they meet in the playoffs. I think it's gonna go like The Broncos vs the Patriots in the playoffs an Lebron being Tom Brady Lin being tebow.

Slimsim
02-22-2012, 02:08 AM

And i will happily take it

bklynny67
02-22-2012, 02:12 AM
Literally NO ONE has said they will win it all. :facepalm:

Only that they COULD... meaning there's a chance, which is obviously true cuz any team that makes the playoffs has a CHANCE, even if its small and unlikely.

rwynyc
02-22-2012, 02:16 AM
Yeah bro, you got me. I'm so so mad.

and putz both amare and billups missed games in the playoffs last year because they were hurt.

so my thoughts are you are a butt hurt packers fan with a hard on for the knicks who obviously does not know much about them bc we lost convincingly with 2nd stringers starting bc of injuries

yes I just bent you over

bklynny67
02-22-2012, 02:17 AM
If they could somehow beat the heat. but I don't see that I see LJB shutting down Lin if they meet in the playoffs. I think it's gonna go like The Broncos vs the Patriots in the playoffs an Lebron being Tom Brady Lin being tebow.

Except Lin actually knows how to play his position, plays it well, and puts up incredible numbers. Tebow does none of those while putting up historically bad numbers.

Stop insulting Lin like that :mad:

blastmasta26
02-22-2012, 02:17 AM
Talent-wise, the Knicks could, at full potential, win a title. But the chemistry, effort, and execution simply isn't there yet. It's likely the Knicks don't even make it out of the first round considering the low seed they have currently. I believe they will become contenders next season, but that's no guarantee.

Baller1
02-22-2012, 02:21 AM
and putz both amare and billups missed games in the playoffs last year because they were hurt.

so my thoughts are you are a butt hurt packers fan with a hard on for the knicks who obviously does not know much about them bc we lost convincingly with 2nd stringers starting bc of injuries

yes I just bent you over

That might be what you think you did (which actually makes zero sense because what you type to him over the Internet has no effect on what he does in real life, especially considering you two are in different states), but in reality, you brought up irrelevant points from a completely irrelevant sport to this discussion to make yourself look like a douche.

meloman1592
02-22-2012, 02:21 AM
The Knicks have enough talent to win it all...but they don't play with the same effort every night and they have a coach who doesn't hold players responsible so I don't see them winning it.

ThunderousDemon
02-22-2012, 02:22 AM
They have the potential, they are KnicksSanity.

ManningToTyree
02-22-2012, 02:28 AM
No one expects The Knicks to win it all this year.

davids22
02-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Except Lin actually knows how to play his position, plays it well, and puts up incredible numbers. Tebow does none of those while putting up historically bad numbers.

Haha I agree to an extent that Lin is "the Tebow of basketball" simply because of how much hype ESPN gives him. Also because they're both very likeable players. But Lin can actually ball. Tebow, well, he just has angels glide his throws into the receivers hands. Big difference.

Sox72
02-22-2012, 02:42 AM

yes I just bent you over

This is one of the most homoerotic posts I've ever read.

KingPosey
02-22-2012, 02:42 AM
Who are all these people saying the Knicks are the favorites to win it all? Not even NY PSDers believe that, so I dont really know where you are getting that from to be honest.

ManningToTyree
02-22-2012, 02:50 AM
Who are all these people saying the Knicks are the favorites to win it all? Not even NY PSDers believe that, so I dont really know where you are getting that from to be honest.

That is what I was thinking. Even enormous homers I know in the Knick forum don't think we are headed for a 'Ship this season

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 03:04 AM
The people who completely discredit the Knicks and think they have no chance to make noise in the playoffs will be overwhelmed with emotion. I wish I was a fan like that. This is going to be the best playoffs ever if you think the Knicks are an easy first round exit.

I get that a lot of the pSD poster that constantly hate on the Knicks want to get a rise out of the fan base but are threads like this really neccessary? If this thread was made about the Raptors it would have been closed in 5 minutes. A bit hypocritical on these boards.

greg_ory_2005
02-22-2012, 03:09 AM
At best, the Knicks will make the 2nd round.

HeaTxRipZz
02-22-2012, 03:18 AM
The talent is there but since when does sheer talent win you rings? Chemistry among other things play a part in getting the ultimate prize.

Also I haven't heard anyone in the Knicks forum saying we are going to win a ring. Everyone is excited about this team and being better than last years playoff series (barring any extreme injuries like last year IE: Amare and Billups)

Knickerbocker34
02-22-2012, 03:49 AM
wait why it it so impossible for the the knicks to atleast make ECF?

is the Eastern Conference so loaded with great teams that there is just no way?

do you mean to tell me that philly, the pacers, the hawks, and orlando all have such great teams that, even with a very talented roster, the knicks have no shot? A team with scorers at every position and a top 10 defense cant make a run? In no way am i giving them the title yet but i feel this team come playoff time can match up with anyone and give them a run in a 7-game series

the stigma that the knicks suck and cant play defense is what is effecting peoples opinion more than anything....

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-22-2012, 03:51 AM
I honestly think they can beat the Miami Heat in a 7-game series. Call me loco! :crazy:

Knickerbocker34
02-22-2012, 04:04 AM
with all the different players they have that can get hot whenever i dont see it as impossible ....maybe a 38 percent chance of beating miami

abe_froman
02-22-2012, 04:11 AM
with all the different players they have that can get hot whenever i dont see it as impossible ....maybe a 38 percent chance of beating miami

cuz the format of the playoffs is set up to prevent upsets by teams who just get hot at the right time.while not impossible,its so highly improbable that it should be disregarded.

like others have said ,nobody that is expecting to be taken with any amount of credibility and seriousness is saying that they can

Davidgta1
02-22-2012, 04:17 AM

Doesn't matter if he knows how to Play his position once when Lebron starts defending him. Lin won't be able to do anything just like Lebron did to d.rose last year in the playoffs.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 04:24 AM
cuz the format of the playoffs is set up to prevent upsets by teams who just get hot at the right time.while not impossible,its so highly improbable that it should be disregarded.

like others have said ,nobody that is expecting to be taken with any amount of credibility and seriousness is saying that they can

These are the type of comments that get under my skin. Not that I am saying the Knicks are getting rings this season but if you dont agree with the rest of the PSD posters and fall in line your not credible and not serious.

Ladies and Gentleman this is a Forum for posting opinions. This isnt a factual database. There is still another half of the season to be played. Why even play the season and the playoffs if everything is already figured out? Who needs to watch the games? This your credibility and seriousness is being questioned if you dont temper your expectations and bow down to the bulls and heat is ludicrous.

Last year is a perfect example of what I am saying. The Heat celebrated before the season already started claiming they had 7 championships in the bag. They lost to the Mavericks convincingly in the finals. Who had the Mavericks winning the whole thing last year? Guarantee you the only people who hit that bet were those unrealistic homers who lost credibility and shouldnt be taken serious right?

Injuries happen, bad streaks happen, lots of things can happen and the Heat arent built for any problems. One of those guys go down and their championship aspirations are gone. So how about all the posters who want to question credibility and seriousness of posters take it down about 8 notches and understand that all you have to do is make the playoffs because once your in its a brand new season.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 04:29 AM
Doesn't matter if he knows how to Play his position once when Lebron starts defending him. Lin won't be able to do anything just like Lebron did to d.rose last year in the playoffs.

Can someone tell me what Lebron did in the Mavericks series? You dont know what Lebron your going to get so how would you know if hes going to be able to stop Lin? Shawn Marion is regarded as a top defender and he wasnt able to do it? If Lebron guards Lin who guards Melo? Chalmers? Did you forget who ran point forward for the Knicks in the beginning of the season or is Lebron going to guard both Lin and Melo?

These comments arent really thought out. Again I am not saying the Knicks are going to destroy the Heat in the playoffs and sweep them but if you dont see the matchup problems the Knicks pose for the Heat then your clearly not looking at the bigger picture.

abe_froman
02-22-2012, 04:31 AM
These are the type of comments that get under my skin. Not that I am saying the Knicks are getting rings this season but if you dont agree with the rest of the PSD posters and fall in line your not credible and not serious.

Ladies and Gentleman this is a Forum for posting opinions. This isnt a factual database. There is still another half of the season to be played. Why even play the season and the playoffs if everything is already figured out? Who needs to watch the games? This your credibility and seriousness is being questioned if you dont temper your expectations and bow down to the bulls and heat is ludicrous.

Last year is a perfect example of what I am saying. The Heat celebrated before the season already started claiming they had 7 championships in the bag. They lost to the Mavericks convincingly in the finals. Who had the Mavericks winning the whole thing last year? Guarantee you the only people who hit that bet were those unrealistic homers who lost credibility and shouldnt be taken serious right?

Injuries happen, bad streaks happen, lots of things can happen and the Heat arent built for any problems. One of those guys go down and their championship aspirations are gone. So how about all the posters who want to question credibility and seriousness of posters take it down about 8 notches and understand that all you have to do is make the playoffs because once your in its a brand new season.

while the heat didnt win a ring last year,they did come closer to it than anyone other than the mavs.so the bet on the heat before the season was a pretty smart one.

even ny fans in this thread acknowledge that the knicks wont win the championship this year.while the future isnt written, the nba is the most predictable of all sports.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 04:44 AM
while the heat didnt win a ring last year,they did come closer to it than anyone other than the mavs.so the bet on the heat before the season was a pretty smart one.

even ny fans in this thread acknowledge that the knicks wont win the championship this year.while the future isnt written, the nba is the most predictable of all sports.

About as predictable as playing the odds in Texas Holdem Poker. You can do all the math you can but theres always a chance for a bad beat.

Regardless if other Knicks fans tempered their expectations to fit in the norm with everyone else on this website it doesnt lessen the quality, seriousness, or credibility of posters who disagree with you.

If the PSD posters knew who was going to win before it happened we would be working for our respected franchises and not talking about it on this forum.

Once you get into the playoffs everyone has a fresh slate and it comes down to strategy and matchups. The Bulls matchup better then the Heat do. I think the Bulls are the tougher matchup for the Knicks then the Heat are.

justjames
02-22-2012, 05:37 AM
Knicks have a slim chance. Their chances will be better next year after having a full preseason and camp.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-22-2012, 06:18 AM
They already locked the win already.

Might as well wait for next year's champion.

smood999
02-22-2012, 06:50 AM

not saying theyll win, but this statement right here is what in my mind sets the knicks and bulls apart and y knick fans like myself see them as the greater threat to miami...u take away rose from the bulls, like last year, they r defeated...

with the knicks, put lebron on lin...alright who guards melo?...who do u double on the knicks, who do u leave open...its just not as simple as just shutting down one player...add that to the fact the knicks arent terrible on d and they have the size advantage over mia...not saying theyll win..i think mia is head and shoulders above the rest of the league...but i think knicks pose the biggest threat to them in the east..

Davidgta1
02-22-2012, 08:40 AM
not saying theyll win, but this statement right here is what in my mind sets the knicks and bulls apart and y knick fans like myself see them as the greater threat to miami...u take away rose from the bulls, like last year, they r defeated...

with the knicks, put lebron on lin...alright who guards melo?...who do u double on the knicks, who do u leave open...its just not as simple as just shutting down one player...add that to the fact the knicks arent terrible on d and they have the size advantage over mia...not saying theyll win..i think mia is head and shoulders above the rest of the league...but i think knicks pose the biggest threat to them in the east..
All I'm saying is if you put lebron on lin he's getting shut down. I don't care what any body says lebron is a good defender. but I'm pretty sure wade would guard him instead of lebron cuz like you said who's gona guard melo. But you are right they are a threat to the heat.

Becks2307
02-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Fact is the Knicks have weapons and if they click, watch out.

BUTTT who the hell ever said we are winning it all this year, I haven't seen that once.

meloman1592
02-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Fact is the Knicks have weapons and if they click, watch out.

BUTTT who the hell ever said we are winning it all this year, I haven't seen that once.

This

todu82
02-22-2012, 08:56 AM
The Knicks are a much better team this year, that said they still got a long ways to go before they become NBA Champs.

oak2455
02-22-2012, 09:07 AM

But doesn't Lebron leave in the 4th quarter of big games?? :shrug:

jp611
02-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Do people honestly think the Knicks will even win a playoff series?

oak2455
02-22-2012, 09:12 AM
They already locked the win already.

Might as well wait for next year's champion.

Great.... wish I know what you said:eyebrow:

oak2455
02-22-2012, 09:14 AM

I do....

Me and Mr. T
02-22-2012, 09:16 AM
The Mets have a better chance of winning the WS this year than the Knicks do of winning an NBA title.

jp611
02-22-2012, 09:17 AM

I do....

Against the Bulls or Heat?

oak2455
02-22-2012, 09:17 AM
^^^^^^ that's funny stuff

oak2455
02-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Against the Bulls or Heat?

You said playoff series , and you know what what happened to you and the Lin thread??? Guess he's still playing well, so you don't wanna comment on Lin anymore ... Lol....good stuff

AI
02-22-2012, 09:28 AM

Chalmers or Wade would guard Lin, Lebron has to guard Melo and Melo has had ALOT of success vs. Lebron in the past. I could see them giving the Heat, Bulls, etc. trouble in the playoffs. Could be swept, they could sweep, they can go to 7 and win/lose, that is the beauty of the game, you never know.

Heater4life
02-22-2012, 09:34 AM
I believe with Lins emergence and the addition of JR the Knicks are the East surprise team. I think they can take Miami or Chicago in a 7 game series given the right set of circumstances. I say 2nd round exit.

Gram
02-22-2012, 09:42 AM

and you lose like 50 man points and 87 come on mans for having the giants song I got a ring in your signature in reference to the packers

Dumb post.

Gram
02-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Knicks won't win this year.

dbramforskins21
02-22-2012, 09:46 AM
The Knicks can definitely take that next step and make the 2nd round, especially against a young team like the 76ers, Pacers, or a Dwight-less Magic.

I really doubt that the Knicks could play the Sixers in a 7 game series and win without STELLAR performances from Amare and Melo..which I dont see happening. The Sixers have alot of depth, great defense, and they play team ball which is something with Melo on the floor the Knicks don't seem to do very well even with Lin. That being said I'm not saying they have no chance but I think its highly unlikely...The Pacers could give the Knicks on hell of a series as well and one thing about the Magic, with/without Howard they can shoot that 3, and if they get hot from three they are hard to beat. I like the Knicks don't get me wrong but I'm just saying IMO they try to create to much with dribbling than good ball movement and their defense is suspect alot of times.

BklynKnicks3
02-22-2012, 09:48 AM
cant say they are but they have a top 5 chance Behind Heat,thunder,bulls n few other teams on same level

oak2455
02-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Knicks won't win this year.
Cool

ghettosean
02-22-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm not a knicks fan but now a Jeremy Lin fan and do I think the Knicks can win it all this year the answer is yes because they have enough talent to get it done but WILL they win it all I think it's extremly unlikely though wouldn't that be something else to add on to the Linderella story ;)

ghettosean
02-22-2012, 10:13 AM
I believe with Lins emergence and the addition of JR the Knicks are the East surprise team. I think they can take Miami or Chicago in a 7 game series given the right set of circumstances. I say 2nd round exit.
This is more along the lines of what I'm thinking but they will surprise people in the playoffs

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 10:13 AM
I would be shocked to see them make is past the 2nd round.

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Injuries played a factor in the Celtics series. Anyone who disregards that statement doesnt know basketball. Celtics shouldnt have been in the second round and that was evident by what happened in the very next series.

http://i43.tinypic.com/140e0cg.png
:facepalm:

nycsports2
02-22-2012, 10:36 AM
who knows but they have as good a chance as anyone imo

Cliffny87
02-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Don't get me wrong. The Knicks are a very exciting up-and-coming team. Jeremy Lin is exciting to watch and is a great feel good story. And the addition of JR Smith makes the Knicks have a very solid 1-5, as well as some more depth.

But the recent addition of JR Smith and the Linsanity hype has people going overboard with the Knicks. I'm not trying to bait, I'm just trying to get people's serious opinions. My pre-season teams out of the East were Miami vs Chicago, and I still stand by that. I don't really see any team beating those two in a 7 game series. The Knicks can definitely take that next step and make the 2nd round, especially against a young team like the 76ers, Pacers, or a Dwight-less Magic.

A lot of people's basis for saying they could win it all (despite their current 7 seed) is because their mid-season additions make them a better team then what they were at the start of the season. This is the same logic as last year. The Knicks were supposed to be team in the 5-8 seed that had a chance at an upset of a top 4 after the addition of Carmelo Anthony. But the playoff experienced and tenured team (Celtics) won in convincing fashion.

Thoughts?
And I bet you 4 months ago you honestly thought the Packers were going to repeat..and if people thought the Giants could win it all you would of made a thread called "do people honestly think the Giants can win it all?". Theres a certain level of unpredictability in sports bro, that's why we watch it

Yankees22
02-22-2012, 10:38 AM
I definitely think the Knicks have an outside chance of making a serious run at the championship this year. However, they need a lot of things to go right in order for that to happen. The team as it is now certainly does not have a chance to win the championship but a lot can change in a few months. First off, Amare needs to find his game again and of course melo needs to be an explosive scorer with Lin running the point. Defensively, the knicks are much improved with Shumpert and Chandler and also, somehow, the knicks have obtained one of the deepest benches in the league. The pieces are all there but whether or not they make a run this year will be determined by if they can put it together or not. I legitimately don't think it's out of the question

Cliffny87
02-22-2012, 10:46 AM
I would be shocked to see them make is past the 2nd round.

Funny, cuz I remember when Wade and the Heat would be ousted by the celtics and Hawks and bulls year after year the 1st round...the Heat were one decision away from probably never really competing for a title again for a while

jp611
02-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Let Knicks fans dream, 3 weeks ago they weren't even in the playoffs, yeah theyve played better but they've done it against bad teams, starting tonight is the stretch that defines if the Knicks are for real... 8 of 10 against teams with winning records I think

Dankster
02-22-2012, 10:58 AM
This isn't a fair thread to make until at least maybe a week before the playoffs. It's not inconceivable to think that if they get the chemistry down they could sneak into a 4th seed in the East. Still plenty of time.

That being said if they don't get the chemistry down they'll probably hover just above .500 for the rest of the year. No one has them favored by any means, but they do have enough talent at this point to compete and be a true threat in the East.

gotoHcarolina52
02-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Funny, cuz I remember when Wade and the Heat would be ousted by the celtics and Hawks and bulls year after year the 1st round...the Heat were one decision away from probably never really competing for a title again for a while

I also remember Wade having one of the most efficient performance in Finals history en route to the 2006 NBA Championship.

And, yes, I also remember the New York Knicks not winning a single playoff series in more than a decade (11 years, 9 months, 24 days (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2000_EC1.html#NYK-TOR), to be exact) and not winning an NBA championship in the last 38 years, 9 months, and 13 days (http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1973_finals.html).

And the last time the New York Knicks won a playoff game? 10 years, 9 months, and 25 days ago. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200104290TOR.html)

Irrelevance has seldom had a more perfect exemplar.

Kashmir13579
02-22-2012, 11:06 AM
They can make noise.

mjm07
02-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Knicks are dangerous, no doubt about that. 2nd round exit at most. Just don't see them beating Bulls/HEAT in a 7 game series. Another year together and next year they should be elite.

P Styles
02-22-2012, 11:15 AM
why is this a thread? Is there an overwhelming amount of people (aside from knick fans) proclaiming that the Knicks will win it all this year?

As far as i've seen, the most credit they usually get from fans around the league is that they will be a tough out in the playoffs.

I understand the Jeremy Lin hoop-la, but wow there has been A LOT of Knick threads lately.

Giants-NL-3
02-22-2012, 11:27 AM
So early in the season you cannot really say anything about it. At the moment the Knicks would not even make it through the 1st round, but IF (!) everyone is healthy, especially Amare and Melo, and, even more important, IF D'Antoni finally is able to gel our boys so that the Knicks are a real team instead of a rotation of individual players then I would say YES.

Ofcourse Bulls and Heat have a better team at the moment but on paper I think the Knicks are not far off. They have stars on both side of the field, a pretty nice depth (better dan the Heat imo) with guys like JR Smith and Novak and two true PG's that still have to become a real part of the time due to a lack of playing time (Lin is new and Baron Davis was injured).

There are a lot of if's and sports isn't played on paper, but if the 'ifs' work out fine I would say they are a competitor yes. Plus our Big Blue champs proved that getting hot at the right time is probably more important than the way teams are performing right now, so who knows what will happen...

Evolution23
02-22-2012, 11:31 AM
There's a chance the Knicks could win it all. Same chance as the Giants winning.

BigBlueCrew
02-22-2012, 11:35 AM
as much as you HONESTY believe Lebron will win you

not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7......

championships hahaha

BallGuru
02-22-2012, 11:39 AM
It's too early to make predictions, claiming who's not going to do what. Knicks are facing the difficult task of trying to gel in the middle of the season. Two weeks is all it took to change a flop season into one where posts like this need to be made. If the Knicks can get it together, they can be a serious contender. That's all any fan could ask for.

AntiG
02-22-2012, 11:40 AM
I live in NYC. I haven't met ONE person that expects the Knicks to win it all. They are just happy that they are finally legitimately competitive again.

I will say one thing though, they have one of the most talented 8-10 men rotations in the entire league in Chandler, Melo, Amare, Lin, Fields, Smith, Novak, Shumpert, Jeffries and Davis. They certainly have a good enough roster to do it. This is coming from a Celtics fan.

ThePooH_1_
02-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Nooooooo, they just need some time to build up a good chemistry and thats not gonna happen in a Season like we have right now. Just give them some time and they'll be a serious contender in a couple years.

Right now TOP CONTENDERS:

Heat
Bulls
Thunder

Da Knicks
02-22-2012, 11:59 AM

Too bad that Melo plays on the knicks and Lebron will have to defend him the whole game, and we know who has being winning that battle for a while now. Wade will have to take on Shumpert, Jr Smith, Fields as well as B.Davis so that leaves Chalmers and Norris Cole to defend Lin. Bosh will have to take on Chandler leaving Anthony to take on Stat. Bench will be big in the playoffs and with Jeffries and Harrelson helping on the boards it could be a long day for the Heat if they are not hitting the outside shot.

Can the knicks win a chip this year? I like our chances post up game is big in the playoffs and Carmelo is one of the best at this. Bulls best post up player is Boozer, the Heat is Haslem? I do like our chances if we run or slow the game down.

Missing56&33
02-22-2012, 12:15 PM

Thoughts?

I am a long time Knicks fan and have to admit that I'm very optimistic about the team chances of winning a championship this season. In sports, on any level, no matter what the sport, be it basketball, baseball, football, hockey, etc.....you need luck, breakout players, break through players, step up coaching, and a team that's committed . There are many similarities in this NY Knick team and the Super bowl champion NY Giants team.

Who would have thought that the Green Bay Packers would get knocked off by the NY Giants by week 13 of the NFL season? That's what make sports so great. I'm not saying that the Knicks are going to win it all but I like our chances at finally getting over the hump.

A lot of things will have to happen.......we need to get completely healthy(NY Giants)....we need to have team chemistry and togetherness(NY Giants) We need to have good coaching, even though your job is on the line(NY Giants)....We need luck(NY Giants) We need star player to step up(NY Giants) ....we need a underdog player out of nowhere to step up to an elite level. (NY Giants/Cruz.

With that being said, I think we are headed in the right direction and anything is possible.

xxplayerxx23
02-22-2012, 12:16 PM
they can def take out the Hawks, Magic and 76ers, and we can give miami trouble because we match up with them, BUT I dont think we can get past miami or chiago, If we are clicking then we have a SLIM chance to get there, then we still have to beat, OKC or LAC or whoever makes it. NO doubt they are one of the most talented teams in the NBA. But this thread is dumb, Ive sene Knick fans get happy about finally winning games and having talent. but never championship

mjm07
02-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Too bad that Melo plays on the knicks and Lebron will have to defend him the whole game, and we know who has being winning that battle for a while now. Wade will have to take on Shumpert, Jr Smith, Fields as well as B.Davis so that leaves Chalmers and Norris Cole to defend Lin. Bosh will have to take on Chandler leaving Anthony to take on Stat. Bench will be big in the playoffs and with Jeffries and Harrelson helping on the boards it could be a long day for the Heat if they are not hitting the outside shot.

Can the knicks win a chip this year? I like our chances post up game is big in the playoffs and Carmelo is one of the best at this. Bulls best post up player is Boozer, the Heat is Haslem? I do like our chances if we run or slow the game down.

Best post up player on the HEAT is LBJ, Dwade, Bosh. IMO In that order. Haslem is a better spot up shooter or trailer in transition than a post up player.

BTW don't forget we also have Battier & Mike Miller on top of haslem and Anthony to defend Melo, Stat, Chandler. We'll be alright. :)

and I LOVE our chances however way our opponents prefer to play their game. ;)

Rockice_8
02-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Not a team I'd want to see in the 1st round if I'm CHI or MIA but they need to gel really quick if they're gonna pull the upset.

If they play either of them the first round it'll be tough (like 5-6 tough games) but winning it all is a stretch.

Right now they have issues that need to be worked out before they are anything but hype.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 12:27 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/140e0cg.png
:facepalm:

Do you ever add anything useful to the conversation? I am pretty sure all you do is facepalm. If you dont think the Celtics were losing that series with a healthy Knicks team then there really isnt much to say. Going into the playoffs the Celtics were playing horrible and showing their age. Without Amare and Billups we almost stole the first 2 games in Boston.

If you dont think injuries decided that series again you should be face palming yourself.

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Do you ever add anything useful to the conversation? I am pretty sure all you do is facepalm. If you dont think the Celtics were losing that series with a healthy Knicks team then there really isnt much to say. Going into the playoffs the Celtics were playing horrible and showing their age. Without Amare and Billups we almost stole the first 2 games in Boston.

If you dont think injuries decided that series again you should be face palming yourself.

No way celtics were losing that series even if knicks were 100% healthy. Obviously injuries screwed the knicks, but they werent winning that sereis anyways.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Let Knicks fans dream, 3 weeks ago they weren't even in the playoffs, yeah theyve played better but they've done it against bad teams, starting tonight is the stretch that defines if the Knicks are for real... 8 of 10 against teams with winning records I think

You really enjoy eating crow. Lin still sucks right? Still too small a sample size to give the kid credit? The win against the defending champions on sunday was a fluke? Your eventually going to start to have to give the team some credit. Whats the next excuse going to be. Second half of the season doesnt count because all the teams they played against are still tired from the first half?

xxplayerxx23
02-22-2012, 12:32 PM
it doesnt matter thats the past, Game 2 was theres if they were healthy Jeffries missed a layup smh,If billups was healthy we dont know, How can you say that for sure wasnt going to win the fact is nobody knows, and it doesnt matter because it didnt happen, Why Latino do you bring that up, It has nothing to do with now

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
This isn't a fair thread to make until at least maybe a week before the playoffs. It's not inconceivable to think that if they get the chemistry down they could sneak into a 4th seed in the East. Still plenty of time.

That being said if they don't get the chemistry down they'll probably hover just above .500 for the rest of the year. No one has them favored by any means, but they do have enough talent at this point to compete and be a true threat in the East.

My sentiment exactly

mjm07
02-22-2012, 12:37 PM

Unless you can predict the future then i'd believe you but since we both know you don't. Its just an opinion and one that would be in the minority.

btw injuries suck especially when its one of your teams best/favorite players but they are a part of any sport. Stop crying about what happened last year. Knicks didn't even win a playoff game against that "horrible and aging Boston team " as so you eloquently put it :facepalm:

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 12:40 PM
it doesnt matter thats the past, Game 2 was theres if they were healthy Jeffries missed a layup smh,If billups was healthy we dont know, How can you say that for sure wasnt going to win the fact is nobody knows, and it doesnt matter because it didnt happen, Why Latino do you bring that up, It has nothing to do with now

Read the whole thread then get back to me.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Unless you can predict the future then i'd believe you but since we both know you don't. Its just an opinion and one that would be in the minority.

btw injuries suck especially when its one of your teams best/favorite players but they are a part of any sport. Stop crying about what happened last year. Knicks didn't even win a playoff game against that "horrible and aging Boston team " as so you eloquently put it :facepalm:

There is no crying on my end. I dont like that the OP brings up last years playoffs and disregards the injuries in the series. I pointed it out and Justinm2 being the good troll that he is highlighted that line out of all the posts I have made in this thread to start trolling me like he does daily. Read the whole thread before you start commenting.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2012, 12:44 PM
If Miami and Chicago has some injuries to important players, and the Knicks enter the playoffs at full strength, sure. But everything needs to align for the Knicks to have a realistic shot at even making the ECF's.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-22-2012, 12:47 PM

The games weren't even close at MSG. The Celtics were without a doubt the better team in that series.

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 12:49 PM
The games weren't even close at MSG. The Celtics were without a doubt the better team in that series.

****, the celtics would have given the heat a good run ha rondo not gotten hurt. But to say the knicks at full strength would have beat the celtics last year in the first round is crazy talk. Maybe the knicks would have won a game if they were healthy, but the series? no

Da Knicks
02-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Best post up player on the HEAT is LBJ, Dwade, Bosh. IMO In that order. Haslem is a better spot up shooter or trailer in transition than a post up player.

BTW don't forget we also have Battier & Mike Miller on top of haslem and Anthony to defend Melo, Stat, Chandler. We'll be alright. :)

and I LOVE our chances however way our opponents prefer to play their game. ;)

I like Battier but he cannot take on Melo and neither can Miller, James is the best option to put on Melo period. The real question for the Heat is rebounding and getting easy buckets and not just shooting jumpers. Dallas exposed them last year because of Chandler guarding the rim. Im not saying we will win it all but it is not as farfetched as people think...

Kashmir13579
02-22-2012, 12:55 PM
I think they could've at least brought the Cs to game 7 if literally EVERYTHING didn't go wrong.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 12:56 PM
I like Battier but he cannot take on Melo and neither can Miller, James is the best option to put on Melo period. The real question for the Heat is rebounding and getting easy buckets and not just shooting jumpers. Dallas exposed them last year because of Chandler guarding the rim. Im not saying we will win it all but it is not as farfetched as people think...

I hope Battier and Miller see extended minutes in that series. It would mean Lebron and Wade are off the floor. Sounds good to me.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
I think they could've at least brought the Cs to game 7 if literally EVERYTHING didn't go wrong.

They got lucky with injuries. Injuries happen we got the bug at the worst time. This playoffs is a different story we will see how it pans out. Im glad the FO got rid of billups though. This season would have been a wash if we kept him and didnt get Tyson.

Kashmir13579
02-22-2012, 01:05 PM
They got lucky with injuries. Injuries happen we got the bug at the worst time. This playoffs is a different story we will see how it pans out. Im glad the FO got rid of billups though. This season would have been a wash if we kept him and didnt get Tyson.

We weren't favorites to win that series regardless of injuries. I will say this though, Game 1: BS offensive foul on 'Melo and Garnett tripped Douglas on the game winner. We had no chance.

Hustla23
02-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Giants, Yankees, Knicks.

Let's go for the Triple Crown, baby!

He115ing
02-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Knicks are contenders now.

ghettosean
02-22-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm going to have to agree with some people on here that this is a stupid thread... Speaking frankly if someone made a thread about the Dallas Mavericks last year around this time everyone (including myself) would be chuckling at the fact of Dallas taking it all last year especially over the heat.

I agree with the majority this thread should be reopened 1 week before the playoffs after we see what this team really has to offer. I mean how many games has J.R played how many games has Baron played.

Nuff said!

Da Knicks
02-22-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm going to have to agree with some people on here that this is a stupid thread... Speaking frankly if someone made a thread about the Dallas Mavericks last year around this time everyone (including myself) would be chuckling at the fact of Dallas taking it all last year especially over the heat.

I agree with the majority this thread should be reopened 1 week before the playoffs after we see what this team really has to offer. I mean how many games has J.R played how many games has Baron played.

Nuff said!

this and it should be reopened 1 week before the playoffs!:clap:

Gibby23
02-22-2012, 01:25 PM
If Amare and Melo start playing like Amare and Melo I think that Knick team is hard to beat.

gotoHcarolina52
02-22-2012, 01:32 PM
I hope Battier and Miller see extended minutes in that series. It would mean Lebron and Wade are off the floor. Sounds good to me.

Not at all

Evolution23
02-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Knicks are about to surprise a lot of people real soon. Be on the look out.

oak2455
02-22-2012, 01:35 PM
We weren't favorites to win that series regardless of injuries. I will say this though, Game 1: BS offensive foul on 'Melo and Garnett tripped Douglas on the game winner. We had no chance.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: WHAT A NON CALL! BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mjm07
02-22-2012, 01:38 PM
]I like Battier but he cannot take on Melo and neither can Miller, James is the best option to put on Melo period.[/B] The real question for the Heat is rebounding and getting easy buckets and not just shooting jumpers. Dallas exposed them last year because of Chandler guarding the rim. Im not saying we will win it all but it is not as farfetched as people think...

Good points all around. And youre right it isn't farfetched but IMO unlikely.

But all we need is someone to stay with MELO but LBJ is the best option. Regardless, MELO will get his, no doubt, and vice-versa. As ive said before, no one player can stop a superstar, not consistently at least.

Also, the HEAT are not simply a jump shooting team. We can manufacture easy buckets with the best of them among other things. Rebounding will be key but its defense that will win the game.

Tomorrow will be a playoff-like game.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Giants, Yankees, Knicks.

Let's go for the Triple Crown, baby!

Dont forget the Rangers

YankeesR#2
02-22-2012, 01:41 PM
We just saw a team that went 9 and 7 during the regular season which lost to the Redskins twice win the Super Bowl.

Not only that at the end of the year they were the best team and deserved to win.

Then there were the Red Sox who came from 0 and 3 down to win the World Series.

The Knicks will be better at the end of the year than they are now. Teams can get hot and win games. I don't think they are going to win, they would have to go through both Chicago and Miami to even get to the finals but those who think it is impossible are not paying attention.

Which would be more likely, the Red Sox beating the yankees down 0-3 in the series, something that had never been done before or the Knicks winning the title?

Ignoring for a second the fact that the Red Sox have already done it, I would say the Knicks winning.

.....and Vegas has lowered their odds from 40 to 1, to 18 to 1.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Not at all

So the heat play a lineup of Bosh James Battier Miller and Wade frequently? I have never seen that lineup out there before.

shizzle09
02-22-2012, 01:45 PM
not with that coach. he doesnt even know what defense is.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 01:48 PM

Perfect example right here. Choosing to stick with the stigma even though we have a top 5 defense this year. I guess the 25 teams behind us are a bunch of turnstiles too.

oak2455
02-22-2012, 01:50 PM

Mike Woodson say's hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllo :D

marj987
They have to many 1 on 1 players, they need someone like Wilson chandler, and some more reasonable players. To me their not a team, but their talented though.

corky831
only teams I see having a shot of winning it:

OKC, Heat, Bulls, Dallas, LAC, Spurs

leftymo
02-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Knicks haven't been relevant for 30 years, and they found a PG...

They still aren't all that good.

They have had a CAKE and I mean CAKE schedule right now. Check back in March when they finally go on the road, and finally start playing real teams.

Their most impressive win in this stretch was a home game to Dallas. Losing at home to New Jersey and New Orleans wasn't so impressive.

Knicks still don't play defense, and don't have enough to contend with Chicago & Miami. At least be a 3 seed first...

utl768
02-22-2012, 01:53 PM
maybe they win a series but thats about it

shizzle09
02-22-2012, 01:54 PM
We just saw a team that went 9 and 7 during the regular season which lost to the Redskins twice win the Super Bowl.

Not only that at the end of the year they were the best team and deserved to win.

Then there were the Red Sox who came from 0 and 3 down to win the World Series.

The Knicks will be better at the end of the year than they are now. Teams can get hot and win games. I don't think they are going to win, they would have to go through both Chicago and Miami to even get to the finals but those who think it is impossible are not paying attention.

Which would be more likely, the Red Sox beating the yankees down 0-3 in the series, something that had never been done before or the Knicks winning the title?

Ignoring for a second the fact that the Red Sox have already done it, I would say the Knicks winning.

.....and Vegas has lowered their odds from 40 to 1, to 18 to 1.

unless the knicks get some Kyle Williams love like the giants they are not winning. At least the Giants knew how to play both ends of the field. Knicks do not and unless Danotoni magically figures out how to coach TEAM defense it aint happenning. Ill go with 5-10% chance tops.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 01:58 PM
They have to many 1 on 1 players, they need someone like Wilson chandler, and some more reasonable players. To me their not a team, but their talented though.

During our win streak ball movement won us games. Lin is a pass first point guard. Do you see all the alley oops? Not sure if you caught any of the recent knick games or if your going by the Melo point forward experiment. I would have to argue that the whole statement is false.

Wilson Chandler was a great player for us but your not going to find a Wilson Chandler whos willing to come off the bench and play a limited role. Wilson Chandler is a starter and for young enough franchises can be molded into a cornerstone.

The closest thing we had to Wilson Chandler last year was Shawne Williams and that really isnt even a good comparison.

This years Knicks team has very good ball movement. If you consider Melo and JR Smith as being to 1 on 1 then I get were your coming from. I watched JR play for us in his limited tenure and I will say he does take some bad shots and forces some bad shots but he does also facilitate and play real good defense so I can take the bad with the good.

This team is more then capable of beating the Bulls and the Heat but its going to come down to team chemistry, limiting turnovers and easy fast break opportunities and playing the solid defense they have been playing all season. If they do that I feel that they can win the series even without the greatest shooting nights from our players. Novak wont need to slap on the belt lol.

shizzle09
02-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Perfect example right here. Choosing to stick with the stigma even though we have a top 5 defense this year. I guess the 25 teams behind us are a bunch of turnstiles too.

Stigma? The knicks have 2 good defensive players. Shumpert and Chandler. Come playoff time when they have to play "playoff" teams in a series the defensive weaknesses will be exploited. Thinking the knicks are actually a top 5 defense is comical regardless of what stats say. They have some defensive pieces in place but lets be real here. Danotoni doesnt even know how to spell defense. Get a better defensive coach and the knicks will be moving in the right direction.

oak2455
02-22-2012, 02:01 PM
unless the knicks get some Kyle Williams love like the giants they are not winning. At least the Giants knew how to play both ends of the field. Knicks do not and unless Danotoni magically figures out how to coach TEAM defense it aint happenning. Ill go with 5-10% chance tops.

Part of the game... part of the game.. if's and's or what if's.. Giants are the Champs end of story:D

and where do they rank defensively at this current time????

Da Knicks
02-22-2012, 02:03 PM

They have had a CAKE and I mean CAKE schedule right now. Check back in March when they finally go on the road, and finally start playing real teams.

Their most impressive win in this stretch was a home game to Dallas. Losing at home to New Jersey and New Orleans wasn't so impressive.

Knicks still don't play defense, and don't have enough to contend with Chicago & Miami. At least be a 3 seed first...

top five defense says hi guy!:p

shizzle09
02-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Part of the game... part of the game.. if's and's or what if's.. Giants are the Champs end of story:D

and where do they rank defensively at this current time????

it is part of the game. Just saying the knicks would need some luck like the giants got. if that kind of stuff happenes maybe the knicks get by the bulls but not the heat and then the western conf champs as well. The knicks are 1-2 moves away from being legit contenders and one of those 2 moves is a new coach.

AceMan
02-22-2012, 02:07 PM

Yes and no. The Knicks were obviously very affected by injuries, Melo basically had to throw on the superman cape just to keep them alive in game 2, but there was no way they were winning the series. And honestly, if Rajon Rondo doesn't get hurt in game 4 I think Boston wins it and goes back to Miami with all of the momentum and a healthy Rondo, they definitely could have stolen game 5 and then the series from an emotionally fragile Miami team. Miami was clearly better, and there was no way Boston was winning the title, but the way that series was playing out I think people have really underplayed Rondo's injury. Remember, if he makes a routine layup late in the 4th quarter with his injured wrist they win that game (a play he'd definitely make if healthy). It would have been a whole different series if he never gets hurt imo.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-22-2012, 02:07 PM
The defense argument has become idiotic. They are no longer zombies on defense, they actually get stops. And really well timed stops too.

Do I think the Knicks are going to win it all this year?

I think they have the talent to. I think from top to bottom their one of the elite talented teams in the league. If they can get all that talent to buy in and play team ball, I think they have a chance at the Championship.

Lots of ifs though.

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 02:09 PM

Cant control the scheduling. You can only play the teams that are on the schedule. Every team has off nights. Bulls lost to the Nets days before we did. Took a career night from Deron Williams to seal that game for them. Like I have said numerous times it comes down to team chemistry, limiting turnovers, and continuing playing our solid defense.

If the Knicks still dont play defense then you havent watched a Knicks game or looked up a defensive stat. They are among the leagues top teams in defense.

A three seed is definitely not out of the question. We play the 76ers 2 more times this season and are only behind them by 4 games. With 30 games left in the season I dont think it is farfetched to still win the division.

shizzle09
02-22-2012, 02:10 PM
top 5 defense just lost to the Hornets and the nets. just saying

jimmyb33
02-22-2012, 02:13 PM
its way too early to tell, but as of right now i don't believe they have a championship caliber defense

but once melo and lin get used to playing with each other, they will be very scary

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 02:13 PM

Heat lost to the Bucks twice and barely beat the bobcats. Guess they arent contenders either by that logic right?

xxplayerxx23
02-22-2012, 02:19 PM
it has not been defens this year, no defense, You guys dont watch the knick games and its obvious are they perfect on defense no way, But mike woodson as helped, Fields is a soild defender, Lin is average Horrible when screened but on the ball not terrible, shumpert is a beast on defense same with chandler, Amare is horrible, Smith its too early to tell but has looked good in the start, Davis is always and above average defender, looks in shape now, Jeffries is a great defender, Great help defender, Even melo has played above average defense, So please stop with the defense, the thing that is killing us is the lack of chemstry, If they get that before the end of the year, I guarntee you the heat will not want to play them in the 2nd round, Will they beat the heat or bulls? unlikely but it is possible

oak2455
02-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Heat lost to the Bucks twice and barely beat the bobcats. Guess they arent contenders either by that logic right?

:laugh::laugh::hi5:

JayAllDay
02-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Literally NO ONE has said they will win it all. :facepalm:
Only that they COULD... meaning there's a chance, which is obviously true cuz any team that makes the playoffs has a CHANCE, even if its small and unlikely.

I have season tickets and read a lot of blogs and newspaper articles and literally nobody in NY is talking about Knicks winning it all. I personally would look at you weird if you talk about Knicks winning it all when our current starters have not played more than a handful of games together.

NY papers are more interested in why Kim Kardashian wants to bang Jeremy Lin, what he drinks, what he eats, where he lives and ****.

Do the Knicks look like it can win more games than the team that made it to the playoffs last year though? Absolutely. However we can start by winning a game let alone a series once playoffs roll around.

smith&wesson
02-22-2012, 02:27 PM

Thoughts?

did you even watch that series ? billups and stat were injured. melo was out there with 4 scrubs, and he was still keeping the games close.

why do i even bother. you clearly didnt watch that ****.

ghettosean
02-22-2012, 02:36 PM
did you even watch that series ? billups and stat were injured. melo was out there with 4 scrubs, and he was still keeping the games close.

:laugh2:

smith&wesson loads up his glock and BOOM *****!!!

Rockice_8
02-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Everyone knew when Melo came back things were gonna change and you can see Lin's hesitation in Melo's first game back. Even Melo was a little hesitant.

Right now they are 0-1 with Melo in the lineup with Lin starting so they need to get comfortable with each other.

If they do they could be dangerous if not they'll be a second round exit at best.

CTCUBBIES
02-22-2012, 02:37 PM
When the Knicks were playing well pre-Melo last year there were threads about how dangerous they are. They went away.

When the Knicks got Melo and Billups last year their were threads about how dangerous they are. They went away.

When the Knicks signed Chandler and drafted Shumpert there were threads about how dangerous they are. They went away.

After ten games with Lin (including most recently 2 out of 3 losses at home to New Orleans and NJ) their are threads about how dangerous they are.

Notice the pattern.

Also, the HEAT and Bulls will not need to double Melo and Amare (they will score but will they do so efficiently). That means they can double Lin (if he's even deserving of a double by then) and force Fields or JR Smith to beat them. In my opinion this may happen once or twice in a series but not four times.

Jetsguy
02-22-2012, 02:40 PM
I have not read all 9 pages but I am doubtful anybody said or thinks the Knicks will win it all and if they did they were either trolling or joking.

They have talent but we all know that is not what wins rings. I think they have the pieces right now to do it, it will just take time to learn and play together as a team.

I would be beyond thrilled if they win a playoff series this year as the next few years is when we should really hit our stride.

SACNYY
02-22-2012, 02:40 PM
no

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 02:41 PM

The usual +1

Punk
02-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Nobody even said that. Nice try.

smith&wesson
02-22-2012, 03:02 PM

smith&wesson loads up his glock and BOOM *****!!!

lol ghetto sean, you done know.

The usual +1

the knicks will be a dark horse in the playoffs, clearly some fans are shook.

knicks=love
02-22-2012, 03:03 PM
to the op.. can you show me where someone said we would win it all, because i sure as hell know we won't.

When the Knicks were playing well pre-Melo last year there were threads about how dangerous they are. They went away.

When the Knicks got Melo and Billups last year their were threads about how dangerous they are. They went away.

When the Knicks signed Chandler and drafted Shumpert there were threads about how dangerous they are. They went away.

After ten games with Lin (including most recently 2 out of 3 losses at home to New Orleans and NJ) their are threads about how dangerous they are.

Notice the pattern.

Also, the HEAT and Bulls will not need to double Melo and Amare (they will score but will they do so efficiently). That means they can double Lin (if he's even deserving of a double by then) and force Fields or JR Smith to beat them. In my opinion this may happen once or twice in a series but not four times.

:eyebrow: yes, i do notice the pattern. stay in school, bud.

Da Knicks
02-22-2012, 03:11 PM
to the op.. can you show me where someone said we would win it all, because i sure as hell know we won't.

:laugh2: owned!

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 03:35 PM

lol....

CTCUBBIES
02-22-2012, 03:49 PM

hahahahhaha. Good catch. that's what I get for trying to post quickly during lunch break.

By the way I went to Georgetown so I'm doubly humbled. Again, great work.

bucketss
02-22-2012, 04:05 PM
lol....

you actually believe lin is on the same level as rubio lol?

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 04:11 PM
you actually believe lin is on the same level as rubio lol?

No that would be insulting Lin. Lin is better then Rubio.

bucketss
02-22-2012, 04:12 PM
no that would be insulting lin. Lin is better then rubio.

lol!!

Sota4Ever
02-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Wow you just keep posting this nonsense.

oak2455
02-22-2012, 05:16 PM
hahahahhaha. Good catch. that's what I get for trying to post quickly during lunch break.

You get Internet at Rikers ? Cool:p

Chill_Will_24
02-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Hard to tell with them having played the EASIEST schedule in the entire league.

Captain Moroni
02-22-2012, 06:25 PM
No I personally don't. Heat are winning it this year.

knicks=love
02-22-2012, 06:26 PM

you realize the heat started 9-8 last year right? if you want to have an argument, bring it. half of the players on the knicks are NEW to the team, and not having a training camp, and very limited practice time will affect chemistry, yet they're STILL a top 5 defense in the league.

:laugh2: owned!

lol....

no worries, man. just thought i'd be funny :D

and i go to community college :jumpy:

everyone plays the same teams.. this argument is stupid. i'm not saying that they'll win the championship, but the whole "easiest schedule" argument is getting ridiculous and extremely old.

Punk
02-22-2012, 06:30 PM
So, playing Boston and Chicago in back to backs are easy?

All you do is troll. I guess beating LA and Minnesota in back to backs are totally easy, too?

JasonJohnHorn
02-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Come the end of the season, the Knicks could easily be the team to beat. They have a big line-up and the biggest hole they on their roster, which WAS the point guard spot, could very well be among the best PG rotations in the league with Lin and Davis. The big question though is chemistry. On paper these guys are great, Chandler D in the paint, a solid PG rotation with two great scorers in Amare and Melo... on paper man it is beautiful. Question is... will they have the chemistry? If they do, I can easily see them winning it all, but if D'Antoni keeps running the P&R with Chandler instead of Amare, and cant bring Lin, Melo and Amare into the kind of perfect storm that he got Nash, Amare, Marion and Richardson working in Phoenix, then they will be first-round fodder for the top tier teams.

A lot of ifs at this point. To early to tell. But they got the talent to win it all.

PC
02-22-2012, 06:34 PM

All you do is troll. I guess beating LA and Minnesota in back to backs are totally easy, too?

Come on Punk, you have to give it to him. So far our schedule has to be ridiculous easy. I haven't seen the numbers but our strength of schedule has to be in the bottom 5 of the league.

JasonJohnHorn
02-22-2012, 06:35 PM
You get Internet at Rikers ? Cool:p

lol

Chill_Will_24
02-22-2012, 06:37 PM

Im talking about overall. Its not opinion. Its a fact. You guys have played the easiest schedule in the whole league and your only credible win came against the Mavs.. the Lakers have been bad this year.

:laugh2: Yes im trolling cuz i stated the truth...

Rockice_8
02-22-2012, 06:39 PM

Come'on if that's what your falling back on to say you've played a tough schedule then I can do nothing but agree with him. Here's the link if you want it. I think the Knicks have a tough next 10 games coming up so they should tell a lot about where they're at.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

The Knicks have Orlando (twice), Miami (twice), Indy (twice), LAC, SAS, CHI (twice), ATL (3 times, one without Joe Johnson)

It'll even out so don't worry you'll get your chance to beat some good teams, they're coming, you just haven't played them yet.

Slimsim
02-22-2012, 06:53 PM

this argument has no legs half way through the season

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 06:55 PM

Its more for perspective than anything...

RCarlson85
02-22-2012, 06:56 PM
HELL NO! The knicks with their current players will never win a championship. Melo is far too selfish along with other players like Amare, JR, and Baron. They aren't a good team in the sense of playing well together. They have stars that don't fit together which is not going to work.

SportsFanatic10
02-22-2012, 06:58 PM
can't wait for tomorrow's game. gonna be fun to watch. knicks are headed in the right direction but i don't think they come together as a team in time to go all the way for this seasons playoffs. miami and chicago are gonna be too tough in a 7 game series for them this season at least.

MTL_123
02-22-2012, 07:14 PM
if they dont get the 6th seed then their getting knocked out in the first round

Chill_Will_24
02-22-2012, 07:14 PM

This thread has no legs halfway through the season

knicks=love
02-22-2012, 07:26 PM
if they dont get the 6th seed then their getting knocked out in the first round

:ohno: do you see into the future?!

ne3xchamps
02-22-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't think they will win it all, but they will more then likely make some noise in the playoffs.

ne3xchamps
02-22-2012, 07:30 PM
:ohno: do you see into the future?!

Slimsim
02-22-2012, 07:36 PM
This thread has no legs halfway through the season

This was a bait thread started by a bucks fan. Besides punk the rest of us Know we aren't any where near contenders yet

knicks=love
02-22-2012, 07:38 PM
This was a bait thread started by a bucks fan. Besides punk the rest of us Know we aren't any where near contenders yet

right now we're not contenders. too many bad losses at home, but people can't sleep on us in the playoffs. you just don't sleep on any team during the post season.

shizzle09
02-22-2012, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=knicks=love;21061254]you realize the heat started 9-8 last year right? if you want to have an argument, bring it. half of the players on the knicks are NEW to the team, and not having a training camp, and very limited practice time will affect chemistry, yet they're STILL a top 5 defense in the league.

Consider it brought. Dantoni knows nothing about defense. Once the playoffs start and your playing a legit team over a 7 game series you will see how bad it is. My point was simple. That defense isnt there with the exception of 2 players. Shumpert and Chandler. Team defense is what the knicks need and it isnt going to happen until you get a new coach plain and simple. There's a reason you just lost to two of the worst teams in the league and thats DEFENSE. Giving the nets 100 points isnt good. Not bashing the knicks at all as they're obviosuly a decent team but in regards to winning it all this year the chances are really really low. Heading in the right direction though as far as players go.

Infamous916
02-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Well if playing no defense wins championships, then yes the Knicks have a chance.

knicks=love
02-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Consider it brought. Dantoni knows nothing about defense. Once the playoffs start and your playing a legit team over a 7 game series you will see how bad it is. My point was simple. That defense isnt there with the exception of 2 players. Shumpert and Chandler. Team defense is what the knicks need and it isnt going to happen until you get a new coach plain and simple. There's a reason you just lost to two of the worst teams in the league and thats DEFENSE. Giving the nets 100 points isnt good. Not bashing the knicks at all as they're obviosuly a decent team but in regards to winning it all this year the chances are really really low. Heading in the right direction though as far as players go.

i'm iffy on d'antoni as a coach. his system works some nights, and others it doesn't, but i agree that he knows nothing about defense. woodson was a great addition to his staff this offseason as it's brought us to a top 10 defense in the league from being the laughing stock when it came to defense for years and years. the defense is there. amar'e and melo have stepped up on defense. it's not as noticeable to non-knicks fans because you guys don't see every game so i understand where you're coming from, but to be honest, they both have stepped up.

last year, the knicks played extremely well against the celtics but didn't manage to win a game in the series.. and the team we had was atrocious. i have confidence in this team during the playoffs, but in no way am i calling them a contender, especially after the losses we've suffered at home.

as far as that nets game, if deron williams doesn't pull 8 3 pointers out of his ***, we win that game. but i'm not going to play the "what if" game. deron shot the lights out, we lost the game. we still played good defense, it was just deron couldn't miss any type of shot at all, and did a phenomenal job at selling those fouls to have 4-point plays. i hate the nets, and actually enjoyed watching him that game.

i'm a realistic knicks fan, but i'll never give up on my team. i can see the light, but it's still far away.

knicks=love
02-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Well if playing no defense wins championships, then yes the Knicks have a chance.

playing no defense? do you watch like a select amount of games and pick and choose which ones that you think they don't play defense? i guess the fact that the knicks are a top 10 defense in the NBA means they don't play defense? i guess you're right.. :facepalm:

pacersfan1967
02-22-2012, 07:58 PM

But the recent addition of JR Smith and the Linsanity hype has people going overboard with the Knicks. I'm not trying to bait, I'm just trying to get people's serious opinions. My pre-season teams out of the East were Miami vs Chicago, and I still stand by that. I don't really see any team beating those two in a 7 game series. The Knicks can definitely take that next step and make the 2nd round, especially against a young team like the 76ers, Pacers, or a Dwight-less Magic.The knicks have a nice guard ...

Thoughts? I think they"ll be in the playoff's but as a 7 or 8 seed..why"ll Indiana, alanta, 76ers orlando are battling for 3 place ..New york is battling for 7 or 8 seed..If the playoff were today they most likely play chicago ..I would give New york 1 win in the first round against chicago if they played miami well the heat would sweep them...Carmelo anthony is kinda disstacting team..Let Lin be in control of the team he the one who wants to win..

knicks=love
02-22-2012, 08:00 PM
I think they"ll be in the playoff's but as a 7 or 8 seed..why"ll Indiana, alanta, 76ers orlando are battling for 3 place ..New york is battling for 7 or 8 seed..If the playoff were today they most likely play chicago ..I would give New york 1 win in the first round against chicago if they played miami well the heat would sweep them...Carmelo anthony is kinda disstacting team..Let Lin be in control of the team he the one who wants to win..

:laugh2: are you serious?!

pacersfan1967
02-22-2012, 08:01 PM
I like your thread topic as a general discussion though, because if Lin, Melo, and Amare can develop some chemistry, they do have the potential to be a very dangerous team come playoff time.

Just my two cents. I agrea with you on this...

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 08:02 PM

Im glad you also noticed this was another Knicks bait thread left open by the moderators after it was reported by quite a couple people.

I guess the rules on PSD is if it rubs the Knicks fans the wrong way its allowed to stay up. If it rubs the other fanbases the wrong way it gets immediately closed.

At least thats what was told to me in regards to threads posted in the NBA forum. "If it rubs the teams fan base the wrong way its not going to be allowed to stay up. Nothing good can come out of a thread like this"

Ironic how that logic is used on another teams thread and this one is left open lol.

mdm692
02-22-2012, 08:04 PM
playoffs is all about match ups. Knicks have great match ups vs the heat as did the mavericks thats why theyre the defending champs.

knicks=love
02-22-2012, 08:08 PM
playoffs is all about match ups. Knicks have great match ups vs the heat as did the mavericks thats why theyre the defending champs.

exactly. people see a duo of wade and lebron and crown them without realizing the match ups between the knicks and heat. i hate when people do that.

knicks=love
02-22-2012, 08:11 PM
and to the people that said the knicks are terrible on defense..

knicks gave up an average of 105.7 points per game last year.
knicks are giving up an average of 94.2 points per game this year.

that's an 11 point drop off. case closed.

pacersfan1967
02-22-2012, 08:13 PM
HELL NO! The knicks with their current players will never win a championship. Melo is far too selfish along with other players like Amare, JR, and Baron. They aren't a good team in the sense of playing well together. They have stars that don't fit together which is not going to work. I would trade melo & build the team around lin ,stoudmire ,chandler...You would get some great depth from that trade...

NYKnicks4511
02-22-2012, 08:18 PM
If the Knicks get hot going into the playoffs, they are the scariest team to face.
That's assuming everyone is healthy and the starting unit becomes more cohesive.

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 09:38 PM
and to the people that said the knicks are terrible on defense..

knicks gave up an average of 105.7 points per game last year.
knicks are giving up an average of 94.2 points per game this year.

that's an 11 point drop off. case closed.

:facepalm: for comparing this season to last, when scoring is down across the league. At least use a more relevant stat like efficiency, or acknowledge newyorks big time drop in scoring. Where the knicks went from scoring 106 a game to scoring 95 this season....or a drop of 11 points lol.

Infamous916
02-22-2012, 09:49 PM
playing no defense? do you watch like a select amount of games and pick and choose which ones that you think they don't play defense? i guess the fact that the knicks are a top 10 defense in the NBA means they don't play defense? i guess you're right.. :facepalm:
Seen my fair share of Knicks game, considering I have the NBA package:cool:

#12 in points allowed(94.2), which is pretty good but they are no 80's Pistons. Not to mention D'antoni & his coaching philosophy but lets just keep it about the players.

Lets leave stats aside for a bit Knicks=love.

Since we are on the topic of playing D & playoffs, lets start here.

At one point or another, teams in the east will likely run into the Heat. Who on the knicks roster, is going to shut down Lebron & Wade?

Also, do you think adding B. Davis & JR Smith will hurt or improve you're team?. Not to mention that leaves Shumpert with barely any PT, when everybody is back.

knicks=love
02-22-2012, 10:43 PM
:facepalm: for comparing this season to last, when scoring is down across the league. At least use a more relevant stat like efficiency, or acknowledge newyorks big time drop in scoring. Where the knicks went from scoring 106 a game to scoring 95 this season....or a drop of 11 points lol.

which season would like me to ****ing compare it to? i don't give a **** if there's a drop off from last season, the point is they're not giving up 106 points a game every night. yeah the knicks also dropped in scoring, but i'd rather worry about defense with this team. i know they can score.

Seen my fair share of Knicks game, considering I have the NBA package:cool:

#12 in points allowed(94.2), which is pretty good but they are no 80's Pistons. Not to mention D'antoni & his coaching philosophy but lets just keep it about the players.

Lets leave stats aside for a bit Knicks=love.

Since we are on the topic of playing D & playoffs, lets start here.

At one point or another, teams in the east will likely run into the Heat. Who on the knicks roster, is going to shut down Lebron & Wade?

Also, do you think adding B. Davis & JR Smith will hurt or improve you're team?. Not to mention that leaves Shumpert with barely any PT, when everybody is back.

shumpert is by far our best one on one match up, so i'd feel somewhat comfortable with him on wade. i'm not saying that he'll completely shut him down, which he won't, but he could slow him down a little. with JR and davis coming back, i don't think it'll effect shump's minutes. d'antoni knows he's an excellent defender so there's no way he wouldn't play him.

Infamous916
02-22-2012, 11:11 PM
shumpert is by far our best one on one match up, so i'd feel somewhat comfortable with him on wade. i'm not saying that he'll completely shut him down, which he won't, but he could slow him down a little. with JR and davis coming back, i don't think it'll effect shump's minutes. d'antoni knows he's an excellent defender so there's no way he wouldn't play him.
I agree, Shumpert is a very solid defender especially for a rookie. I've seen first hand that he can guard PG's well, but haven't witnessed him matched up against shooting guards yet.

We all know the Knicks can score against anybody. Question is against the best teams, do they have the ability to get a stop when they need it? I'm not convinced, suppose we'll see over the next few weeks as the Knicks play some tough opponents.

ohreally
02-22-2012, 11:36 PM
An awful lot remains to be determined. I do think most Knicks fans overrate the defense, particularly with Amare and Melo on the court for long stretches and ends of games.

Lin is playing great in a number of ways, and he has been clutch throughout his run. But the strongest part of his game is penetration, and whether he keeps that up with Melo and Smith playing remains to be seen. Then again, while aspects of Lin's defense are not bad, his straight up D is not his strongpoint. Lin, Melo, and Amare on the court together for long stretches in the playoffs? That could be a problem.

Smith is a chucker, and could become disruptive, but he is a good streak scorer and a better defender than he generally gets credit for. Having Novak and Smith definitely helps the 3-point attack, which could be helpful in the playoffs, as long as it's held in check somewhat.

If Amare shoots less, that helps, even if it begs the question of what exactly is he then contributing.

The Knicks could fall apart again, or they could soldiify a bit.

Still would seem there would be too much riding on Chandler's defense for a playoff series, but it's true that very few teams in the East look all that great.

Knicks could have a tough time against Philly or Indiana, but if Lin's role stays close to what it is now, the Knicks should make it a series with either.

If the Celtics make the playoffs I still think they could be better than currently expected, but it's not like they would be likely to face the Knicks.

If Howard stays in Orlando for the rest of the year they could be a good playoff team, but far from unbeatable.

Atlanta, you never really know what you're going to get, but they would be eminently beatable.

Chicago? I'm not as enamored of them as most are. They are a great regular season team, but I still don't see them as a great playoff team (I know Chicago fans would be quick to disagree, so we'll have to wait and see). Again, assuming Lin's role stays what it has been and is not subverted, I could see that being a much more competitive series than commonly assumed, and the Knicks could pull off an upset.

Hard to see the Knicks beating the Heat.

And if everything somehow fell the Knicks way and they unexpectedly made it through the East, I couldn't see them beating Dallas or the Thunder or the Clippers with a healthy Paul, or a healthy Denver (though they are unlikely to make it that far) or Memphis if Zach surprises and does return this year.

It's all up in the air. Ask the question in mid-April and I think we could all make sounder judgments. Being true contenders does seem like more than a long shot, but they COULD be more competitive than some are giving them credit for.

NY007
02-22-2012, 11:54 PM
As Knick fans we hope, do we think? Nah just hopeful

kyubi256
02-23-2012, 12:34 AM
The understanding here is like the Giants season. The pieces are clicking at the right time and if they get hot in the playoffs anything can happen.

It's like the NY Giants story. They have the team capable of winning it all. It's just a matter of if they can put it together or not.

Miami and Chicago are definitely favorites and better. But like the Giants this season, the favorite/better team doesn't always win. So if the Knicks get hot... Sure they can win it all.

Would I bet money on them winning it all? No. But it is possible.

NYkillaPriest
02-23-2012, 12:58 AM
yes were riding this train all the way..we may not be the best team right now but we are the deepest and were on the way to bringing New York another tittle..this year will be known as the year of new york

Spiderman 1nner
02-23-2012, 01:27 AM
I HONESTLY think the knicks have a pretty decent chance at winning it all. If Lin cuts the turnovers, Chandler and Mello stop acting like thugs, and Shumpert and Jr Smith stop settling for so many 3s and everyone plays their role, this is now a very deep and dangerous team. They've surprisingly played great defense even tho they have a tendency to take plays off, if they can just cut that out too, they're on par with the bulls, heat, and thunder

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 01:30 AM
I HONESTLY think the knicks have a pretty decent chance at winning it all. If Lin cuts the turnovers, Chandler and Mello stop acting like thugs, and Shumpert and Jr Smith stop settling for so many 3s and everyone plays their role, this is now a very deep and dangerous team. They've surprisingly played great defense even tho they have a tendency to take plays off, if they can just cut that out too, they're on par with the bulls, heat, and thunder

Lot of ifs there

Infamous916
02-23-2012, 02:17 AM
The understanding here is like the Giants season. The pieces are clicking at the right time and if they get hot in the playoffs anything can happen.

It's like the NY Giants story. They have the team capable of winning it all. It's just a matter of if they can put it together or not.

Miami and Chicago are definitely favorites and better. But like the Giants this season, the favorite/better team doesn't always win. So if the Knicks get hot... Sure they can win it all.

Would I bet money on them winning it all? No. But it is possible.
Comparing two completely different sports is ********. Playoff football is 1 game, leaving nothing on the line for all the marbles & move on to the ultimate goal.

While in the NBA it's a 5 or 7 game playoff series. The better team will always win in a series, regardless of regular season record.

While I get the reference you mean "getting hot at the right time", that also takes alot of things to go right.

yes were riding this train all the way..we may not be the best team right now but we are the deepest and were on the way to bringing New York another tittle..this year will be known as the year of new york
Happen to have any more crack cocaine?

Giants-NL-3
02-23-2012, 07:31 AM
Comparing two completely different sports is ********. Playoff football is 1 game, leaving nothing on the line for all the marbles & move on to the ultimate goal.

While in the NBA it's a 5 or 7 game playoff series. The better team will always win in a series, regardless of regular season record.

While I get the reference you mean "getting hot at the right time", that also takes alot of things to go right.

Happen to have any more crack cocaine?

Related to his post it's not ********. Sure your right that a 7-game series is harder to win by 'getting hot' at the right time. That doesn't mean that it aint a factor. Last year Orlando clearly was a better team than the Hawks, but Hawks won.

Memphis vs. Spurs last year. Memphis wasn't that good to say the least, and almost made it to the conference finals (close one vs. Thunder remember?!, 3 OT's and everything).

So yeah getting hot is comparable in different sports.

Bruno
02-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Why hasn't New York offered Melo and Chandler for Howard and Turk yet?

Melo/Lin problem? solved.
Howard happy.
Orlando gets a super-star in melo, kicks the can down the road, and gets Chandler. Orlando remains a top team in the east. NY puts themselves in position to challenge Miami.

Lin/Davis
J.R. Smith
Fields
Amare/Turk
Howard

This is a lineup that Lin can average 20/9 with for years to come. Howard remains the best defensive anchor, Amare and Howard combine for 45+ a night, JR spreads the floor and slashes. All this team would be missing is a battier quality sf. maybe they wana send baron davis and a filler over for ron artest.

Bruno
02-23-2012, 08:16 AM
although, what they have now is really interesting. Lin/Smith/Amare/Chandler are perfect for the dantoni offense. then, you throw in an isolation guy like Melo. it has a lot of potential to clash, but if they can find the chemistry, it could be a massive strength to have a one on one bail out guy capable of 25 a night, who can hit the big buckets in playoffs when defenses really clamp down on dantino ball. they'd have to find the balance. i'm rooting for new york.

jp611
02-23-2012, 08:38 AM
I love it when Knicks fans compare the Giants winning to the Super Bowl to the Knicks chances of winning the championship... Football playoffs you play one game, ANYTHING can happen in one game, please don't ever compare those 2 things again... You want to compare them to the St. Louis Cardinals? WAY different... Baseball has historically been a sport where a team gets hot at the right time and their pitching steps up, ANYTHING can happen... NBA doesnt work that way, the system isnt set up that way... Sure there are upsets every year, but you just don't hardly ever see a lesser team make it all the way to the finals and win it all... Keep dreaming though, the Knicks are first round fodder unless they can make their way up to a 6th seed at the very least

oak2455
02-23-2012, 08:47 AM
I love it when Knicks fans compare the Giants winning to the Super Bowl to the Knicks chances of winning the championship... Football playoffs you play one game, ANYTHING can happen in one game, please don't ever compare those 2 things again... You want to compare them to the St. Louis Cardinals? WAY different... Baseball has historically been a sport where a team gets hot at the right time and their pitching steps up, ANYTHING can happen... NBA doesnt work that way, the system isnt set up that way... Sure there are upsets every year, but you just don't hardly ever see a lesser team make it all the way to the finals and win it all... Keep dreaming though, the Knicks are first round fodder unless they can make their way up to a 6th seed at the very least

Well as of now the Sixers are heading south and the Knicks are just 3 games back .. When the Knicks win the division they will automatically become the 4th seed ... Soooooooo :D

quade36
02-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Can we all just chill until they are at least 10 games above. 500? As of now with 3 weeks of linsanity and a few games at full strength they are 17-17. Some NY fan posted they will exit in the second round. If the playoffs start today they'd be facing the bulls but its day to day with them possibly facing the heat. So they'll beat either the bulls or heat but lose to the 76ers or magic? Might as well annoint them the NBA champions with that logic. Again lets just see if they can climb up in the playoff hunt first. Baby steps.

Ty Fast
02-23-2012, 10:12 AM
if u do u r either a die hard fan or a complete idiot

nystandup
02-23-2012, 10:18 AM

Howard happy.
Orlando gets a super-star in melo, kicks the can down the road, and gets Chandler. Orlando remains a top team in the east. NY puts themselves in position to challenge Miami.

Lin/Davis
J.R. Smith
Fields
Amare/Turk
Howard

This is a lineup that Lin can average 20/9 with for years to come. Howard remains the best defensive anchor, Amare and Howard combine for 45+ a night, JR spreads the floor and slashes. All this team would be missing is a battier quality sf. maybe they wana send baron davis and a filler over for ron artest.

SMH where is this Melo/Lin problem you are talking about? Let me guess you watch a lot of ESPN?

knicks=love
02-23-2012, 11:17 AM
I agree, Shumpert is a very solid defender especially for a rookie. I've seen first hand that he can guard PG's well, but haven't witnessed him matched up against shooting guards yet.

We all know the Knicks can score against anybody. Question is against the best teams, do they have the ability to get a stop when they need it? I'm not convinced, suppose we'll see over the next few weeks as the Knicks play some tough opponents.

well, the first "real" test is tonight i guess. the mavs and lakers were good tests, but we didn't have everyone we really need for those games. tonight is gonna be fun to watch.

Howard happy.

Lin/Davis
J.R. Smith
Fields
Amare/Turk
Howard

the melo-lin situation isn't a situation or problem. ball still moves around. carmelo just won't be putting up 27+ a night like he normally does. they're fine with the team they have now. i like it a lot more than the one you listed, nothing against your thought though. just my 2 cents as a knicks fan.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-23-2012, 11:19 AM
When you look at talent and depth they certainly match up with the top tier teams in the league. But the teamwork isnt quite there yet, it needs time.

RaiderLakersA's
02-23-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't see the Knicks winning it this year, but I do see them competing with a decent playoff push. In three to four years, depending on player movement, they might be a contender.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 12:36 PM
I don't see the Knicks winning it this year, but I do see them competing with a decent playoff push. In three to four years, depending on player movement, they might be a contender.

Ny window is 3 years, and closing. Melo and amare take up a ton of cap space.

I doubt amare is very effective in 3 years

Crackadalic
02-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Who said were winning it all? Thats what we want but thats a long stretch. We just want recognition as a force in the east for years to come. After this season then we can talk about championships

DaBear
02-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Nope. The farthest they'll get is to the 2nd round.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Who said were winning it all? Thats what we want but thats a long stretch. We just want recognition as a force in the east for years to come. After this season then we can talk about championships

Win a playoff sereis first...

latinofire21
02-23-2012, 01:48 PM
We are 3 games behind the 76ers for the 3 seed in the playoffs. Regardless if Orlando finishes with a better record then us the top 3 seeds are decided by the top 3 records of every division. We pass Phili we take the 3rd unless they changed that rule and I am unaware of it.

The 76ers are on a similar stretch that Knicks had last month. Lost 5 straight and we are gaining a lot of ground on them. We still have 2 games to play head to head with them so its definitely a reality to win the division.

The division is tight enough that both Boston and NY can pass them if they keep going with their losing ways.

I think the Knicks have too much firepower not to win the division. I also think that the Derrick Rose situation in Chicago can kill the Bulls chances this year for a title. He seems to be getting injury after injury. Maybe he cant compete in a shortened season like this because of all the hits the guy takes.

If the Bulls are at full strength they are the toughest matchup for the Knicks. If the Bulls dont have Rose they fall into the area of Pacers, 76ers talent and they become very beatable.

It will really come down to the second half of the season to figure out what the Knicks chances are for going deep in the playoffs. Barring any serious injuries I think they have a pretty good chance at making the ECF.

latinofire21
02-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Win a playoff sereis first...

Your a very good baiter. The heat were crowned the champs last year before a game was played. Was the public supposed to be convinved they arent serious contenders because they havent won a playoff series together as a team?

VikesTwinsWolve
02-23-2012, 03:05 PM
If the knicks get in they will only be a stepping stone! A highly overpriced one at that! The Wolves would be tied with you guys for the 7th seed in the east! Rubio> lin

latinofire21
02-23-2012, 03:49 PM
If the knicks get in they will only be a stepping stone! A highly overpriced one at that! The Wolves would be tied with you guys for the 7th seed in the east! Rubio> lin

Lins game winner says hello.

Since Lin came on the scene Feb 4th the Knicks are 9 - 2 while the Wolves are 6 - 5. Lin>Rubio

Rubio
SEASON TEAM GP GS MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
'11-'12 MIN 34 24 34.9 3.6-9.7 .375 0.9-2.4 .354 3.2-3.9 .812 0.3 3.9 4.2 8.4 0.2 2.4 2.3 3.4 11.3
Lin
SEASON TEAM GP GS MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
'11-'12 NY 20 10 23.6 5.2-10.5 .490 0.7-1.9 .351 3.8-5.0 .752 0.5 2.2 2.6 5.9 0.2 1.5 1.9 3.4 14.8

VikesTwinsWolve
02-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Lins game winner says hello.

Since Lin came on the scene Feb 4th the Knicks are 9 - 2 while the Wolves are 6 - 5. Lin>Rubio

Rubio
'11-'12 MIN 34 24 34.9 3.6-9.7 .375 0.9-2.4 .354 3.2-3.9 .812 0.3 3.9 4.2 8.4 0.2 2.4 2.3 3.4 11.3
Lin
'11-'12 NY 20 10 23.6 5.2-10.5 .490 0.7-1.9 .351 3.8-5.0 .752 0.5 2.2 2.6 5.9 0.2 1.5 1.9 3.4 14.8

Who's gonna have the better future? Rubio>Lin If Lin played anywhere but new york, this would be a good poll question. Reality is Lin would outduel LBJ if new york fans were voting!

Team*Chicago
02-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Every team that has won a championship has never dipped below .500 unless they started off 0-1. Seeing the Knicks win a championship is highly unlikey and Carmelo has never in his career make it out of the 1st round.

Beltrans Mole
02-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Every team that has won a championship has never dipped below .500 unless they started off 0-1. Seeing the Knicks win a championship is highly unlikey and Carmelo has never in his career make it out of the 1st round.

In a 66 game season where a diamond in the rough (Lin) falls into your lap, it's hard to categorize this season as "normal" with the rest of the them. I'm not saying the Knicks are even going to make noise in the playoffs, I'm just pointing out that this season is different than most.

jp611
02-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Carmelo made it to the WCF against the Lakers 3 years ago

latinofire21
02-23-2012, 04:15 PM

Is that a fact? Would be an interesting statistic to see if it is true. I think you just assumed that and tried to play it off as fact.

66 game condensed season with no training camp, half a preseason isnt a normal season. The Knicks played the first 23 games without a PG. They have one now.

Carmelo made it to the WCF 3 years ago against the Lakers.

Tyson Chandler is the defensive anchor of the Defending Champions.

Amare made it to the WCF multiple times alongside Steve Nash and the Suns.
Lins game is the closest thing in the league right now to Steve Nash. There honestly isnt a PG I would pick other then Chris Paul to run Dantonis system.

This season is going to come down to whos the hottest, deepest, and least injured going into the playoffs. To say the Knicks dont have a chance is laughable.

DaBear
02-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Is that a fact? Would be an interesting statistic to see if it is true. I think you just assumed that and tried to play it off as fact.

66 game condensed season with no training camp, half a preseason isnt a normal season. The Knicks played the first 23 games without a PG. They have one now.

Carmelo made it to the WCF 3 years ago against the Lakers.

Tyson Chandler is the defensive anchor of the Defending Champions.

Amare made it to the WCF multiple times alongside Steve Nash and the Suns.
Lins game is the closest thing in the league right now to Steve Nash. There honestly isnt a PG I would pick other then Chris Paul to run Dantonis system.

This season is going to come down to whos the hottest, deepest, and least injured going into the playoffs. To say the Knicks dont have a chance is laughable.

I'm 110% positive the Knicks will not win it all this year, let alone make it to the Finals.

latinofire21
02-23-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm 110% positive the Knicks will not win it all this year, let alone make it to the Finals.

The East has only 1 team that can make the eastern finals. Statistically speaking the Knicks have a 12.5 percent chance of making the Finals as does the rest of the East.

With another half of the season that no one can predict with 100 percent certainty, the Knicks have just as much a chance representing the East as the other 7 teams that make the playoffs in the Eastern conference.

oak2455
02-23-2012, 04:40 PM

I'm 100000000000 positive that Chicago as a city won't win anything this year

DaBear
02-23-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm 100000000000 positive that Chicago as a city won't win anything this year

Considering the Bulls chances of winning it are higher than the Knicks, that makes you wrong.

DaBear
02-23-2012, 04:45 PM
The East has only 1 team that can make the eastern finals. Statistically speaking the Knicks have a 12.5 percent chance of making the Finals as does the rest of the East.

With another half of the season that no one can predict with 100 percent certainty, the Knicks have just as much a chance representing the East as the other 7 teams that make the playoffs in the Eastern conference.

No they don't. Everyone outside of NY knows the Knicks won't beat the Bulls or Heat in the playoffs. Notice how the Bulls and Heat are the only two teams dominating the league right now. The Knicks, even during their hot streak, have not dominated anyone. And with Lin turning the ball over as much as he does, he's a disaster waiting to happen.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-23-2012, 04:50 PM
I'd say the Knicks definitely have a chance. They have too much talent from top to bottom to completely write off. Their certainly behind the Bulls and heat as far as playing favorites goes, but I certainly think they at least can be in the conversation. Despite what this homer bulls fan above me thinks.

DaBear
02-23-2012, 04:52 PM
I'd say the Knicks definitely have a chance. They have too much talent from top to bottom to completely write off. Their certainly behind the Bulls and heat as far as playing favorites goes, but I certainly think they at least can be in the conversation. Despite what this homer bulls fan above me thinks.

So I'm a homer because I think the Knicks won't beat the Bulls or Heat in the playoffs? I guess you would be calling most people outside of NY homers then. :facepalm:

mRc08
02-23-2012, 04:54 PM
The knicks just haven't shown us enough yet to say that they are legitimate contenders. If they have an awesome second half, start rolling teams, get amare and melos numbers up playing with lin, etc, then yes. But i think we are giving them too much credit right now saying they are legit contenders. Plus, they are running mikey d's system, which historically, hasn't got it done

BigBlueCrew
So I'm a homer because I think the Knicks won't beat the Bulls or Heat in the playoffs? I guess you would be calling most people outside of NY homers then. :facepalm:

why not?

isnt that what everyone else does on this site?

NYJ - NYY
No they don't. Everyone outside of NY knows the Knicks won't beat the Bulls or Heat in the playoffs. Notice how the Bulls and Heat are the only two teams dominating the league right now. The Knicks, even during their hot streak, have not dominated anyone. And with Lin turning the ball over as much as he does, he's a disaster waiting to happen.

did they not dominate atlanta last night?

DaBear
02-23-2012, 04:55 PM
The knicks just haven't shown us enough yet to say that they are legitimate contenders. If they have an awesome second half, start rolling teams, get amare and melos numbers up playing with lin, etc, then yes. But i think we are giving them too much credit right now saying they are legit contenders. Plus, they are running mikey d's system, which historically, hasn't got it done

lol this. Homer Knicks fans can't seem to get it. They're way too high on a team that's simply on a good streak, but have shown nothing to prove they're contenders.

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2012, 04:57 PM
lol this. Homer Knicks fans can't seem to get it. They're way too high on a team that's simply on a good streak, but have shown nothing to prove they're contenders.

you mean like your derrick rose or bust team? you need to chill out

LongIslandIcedZ

No you are a homer for completely dismissing the fact that the Knicks may have a chance to upset either team. I suppose I'll repeat myself, the heat and Bulls are absolutely the favorites to come out of the east.

Honestly at this rate though, can I call you out for thinking the Bulls have a chance to beat the heat? Bulls got smacked down pretty hard last year, and only added Rip.

DaBear
did they not dominate atlanta last night?

The Hawks without JJ and Horford. Big deal.

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 04:58 PM

0.8%
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

(thats called a joke..)

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2012, 05:00 PM
(thats called a joke..)

yeah we know you are

we got it !

DaBear
02-23-2012, 05:00 PM
No you are a homer for completely dismissing the fact that the Knicks may have a chance to upset either team. I suppose I'll repeat myself, the heat and Bulls are absolutely the favorites to come out of the east.

Honestly at this rate though, can I call you out for thinking the Bulls have a chance to beat the heat?

I don't think they have a chance because they don't have enough defense or rebounding. You're a homer NY fan who just calls everyone else homer's who doesn't agree with you. NY has shown nothing to prove they can beat the Bulls or Heat. Upset? Yeah, I highly doubt the two best teams in the NBA will get upset. This isn't the NFL.

Go ahead and call me out for thinking the Bulls can beat the Heat. I never said the Heat aren't favorites, but IMO the Bulls have the best shot of knocking off the Heat. And I think most people would agree with that.

mRc08
02-23-2012, 05:01 PM
you mean like your derrick rose or bust team? you need to chill out

The bulls actually played pretty well without rose, and thats with injuries to other key guys. just sayin. Every team with a superstar is a bust without them.

el_primo_nano
02-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Why not? Did anyone have the Mavs winning it all last season? You never know with Sports, which is why Linsanity is such a crazy story. Crazier things have happened, look at the Giants this season..

DaBear
lol I love the D rose or bust comments. Can't we say the same about the Knicks and Lin? Oh, except the Knicks showed they sucked dick without Lin. The Bulls still won many games, blow outs BTW, without Rose. Unless you're a Knicks homer, there is no doubt the Bulls are clearly better than the Knicks.

BigBlueCrew
The bulls actually played pretty well without rose, and thats with injuries to other key guys. just sayin. Every team with a superstar is a bust without them.

what?? our team played fine without our superstars. we played fine as a TEAM.

mRc08
02-23-2012, 05:05 PM
what?? our team played fine without our superstars. we played fine as a TEAM.

your superstar is lin. without him, you guys kinda sucked

LongIslandIcedZ
02-23-2012, 05:06 PM
I don't think they have a chance because they don't have enough defense or rebounding. You're a homer NY fan who just calls everyone else homer's who doesn't agree with you. NY has shown nothing to prove they can beat the Bulls or Heat. Upset? Yeah, I highly doubt the two best teams in the NBA will get upset. This isn't the NFL.

Go ahead and call me out for thinking the Bulls can beat the Heat. I never said the Heat aren't favorites, but IMO the Bulls have the best shot of knocking off the Heat. And I think most people would agree with that.

6th in defensive efficiency.

There are reasons as to why the Knicks arent as good as the Bulls or Heat. I have admitted time and time again that they are not as good. But when defense is your argument it makes me think you havent watched them enough to make any real judgement.

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2012, 05:06 PM
your superstar is lin. without him, you guys kinda sucked

when was without him? the few seconds that he rested

DaBear
02-23-2012, 05:10 PM
6th in defensive efficiency.

There are reasons as to why the Knicks arent as good as the Bulls or Heat. I have admitted time and time again that they are not as good. But when defense is your argument it makes me think you havent watched them enough to make any real judgement.

Against who? Their defense has not looked good against anyone worth mentioning. I bet they'll get lit up by Miami tonight.

P Styles
02-23-2012, 05:11 PM

Their D is good this year fyi.

Not that I think they're going to win the championship or upset the Bulls or Heat bc I don't think they will. But before you go off on a tirade you should at least get your facts together.

There are two problems in this thread:

1. is the Knicks fans that think a championship is earned over the course of an 11 game hot streak

2. are the rest of the fans that completely dismiss the notion of the Knicks having a chance to win.

there is a CHANCE. We still need a much larger sample size to see if this team can compete or not, and we should probably withhold judgement until then.

DaBear
02-23-2012, 05:11 PM
FTR, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by saying the Knicks can make it to the 2nd round. That's obviously an improvement over their horrific performance last year.

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Against who? Their defense has not looked good against anyone worth mentioning. I bet they'll get lit up by Miami tonight.

and who did you guys beat that was sooo great?

the answer NO-ONE!

mRc08
02-23-2012, 05:13 PM
when was without him? the few seconds that he rested

from the time you got mello through his first start

DaBear
02-23-2012, 05:13 PM
and who did you guys beat that was sooo great?

the answer NO-ONE!

Last year? Atlanta was clearly better than the Knicks. The Pacers were arguably better than the Knicks. We made it to the ECF. You got swept in the first round. Enough said.