PDA

View Full Version : which losing team has the most to look forward to next season?

nraptorsk
02-22-2012, 12:59 AM
this season is at its all star break pretty much, we can already determine who will be there in the conference finals, now my question is as a supporter of a team thats just terrible this season, which team do you feel has the most to look forward to moving into next season?

for me its the, raptors they have tradable assets, they have a top 5 pick who was voted as the best international player not playing in the nba by league gms, along with possibly another top 5 pick coming in the 2012 draft, along with enough cap space to sign a big name free agent

whose yours?

jkiddvc20
02-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Nets...assuming they land Dwight of course

central2003
02-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Kings and maybe nets or hornets

Baller1
02-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Timberwolves. :shrug:

Kind of a cheap answer since they're in playoff contention, but they have a losing record as of now.

ThunderousDemon
02-22-2012, 02:23 AM
Lakers because we won't have fisher and MWP anymore, thank the gods, but Kobe gets a bigger chunk of the salary :puke:

The_Jamal
02-22-2012, 02:28 AM
Kings have a lot to look forward too:

An offseason with a real coach

a top 7ish pick

DeMarcus Cousins being a year older/better

A lot of spending money

SFGiants4life
02-22-2012, 02:30 AM
Kings have a lot to look forward too:

An offseason with a real coach

a top 7ish pick

DeMarcus Cousins being a year older/better

A lot of spending money

hopefully they will still be in sac next year :pray:

davids22
02-22-2012, 02:39 AM
Depending on free agency, I don't see how anyone could not say the Nets.

But with that said, as far as talent on the team now and what could happen in offseason, I have to say the Wolves. Rubio and Love are going to be a great core. Get some good pieces and wait it out. Technically they're still in playoff contention, but so are the Trailblazers :shrug:

The Raptors are my honorable mention.

fredbbc
02-22-2012, 08:48 AM
this season is at its all star break pretty much, we can already determine who will be there in the conference finals, now my question is as a supporter of a team thats just terrible this season, which team do you feel has the most to look forward to moving into next season?

for me its the, raptors they have tradable asset http://www.vvio.info/jpg1s, they have a top 5 pick who was voted as the best international player not playing in the nba by league gms, along with possibly another top 5 pick coming in the 2012 draft, along with enough cap space to sign a big name free agent

whose yours?

the, raptors they have tradable assets, they have a top 5 pick who was voted as the best international player not playing in the nba by league gms, along with possibly another top 5 pick coming in the 2012 draft, along with enough cap

todu82
02-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Sacramento or Minnesota. Both teams are young and will get another lottery pick in the draft.

jp611
02-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Knicks :laugh2:

jp611
02-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Honestly though, the cavaliers... Irving is the real deal and they will likely get another lottery pick in a deep draft this season

celticsman2009
02-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Celtics. Ton of money coming off the books. Big three is aged, and rebuild is in the works. Celtics have 2 picks in this draft, hopefully DA will work some magic again in the draft.

MagicHero3
02-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Depending on free agency, I don't see how anyone could not say the Nets.
But with that said, as far as talent on the team now and what could happen in offseason, I have to say the Wolves. Rubio and Love are going to be a great core. Get some good pieces and wait it out. Technically they're still in playoff contention, but so are the Trailblazers :shrug:

The Raptors are my honorable mention.

if the nets dont land dwight, they're going to lose Deron and most likely Humphs. i dont see how you can say the Nets until Dwight is actually there. They dont have a 100% guarantee of getting him.

pebloemer
02-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Can't really answer the question until we see what happens in the off-season.

Plenty of big free agent names out there (Dwill, Dwight, Nash).
Very deep draft.
Lots of teams with cap, or amnesties to change the flexibility of their situation.

It will be an interesting off-season.

blastmasta26
02-22-2012, 10:37 AM
The Nets if they get Dwight.

The Raptors as Valanciunas will come over, and they will likely have another high pick in the draft.

The Knicks are technically a losing team, so... yeah.

davids22
02-22-2012, 03:25 PM
if the nets dont land dwight, they're going to lose Deron and most likely Humphs. i dont see how you can say the Nets until Dwight is actually there. They dont have a 100% guarantee of getting him.

Which is why I started that sentence with "DEPENDING ON FREE AGENCY"

Heediot
02-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Nets...assuming they land Dwight of course

I think if the Nets sign Dwight and keep this core they can be contenders.

PG Deron
SG Marshon
SF Deshawn/MLE Player
PF Brook
C Dwight

They could also have a potential top 5 Pick.

IMO, this team can challenge the Heat and Bulls.

BSardogan
02-22-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it... Cavs, Bobcats, Raptors, Hornets, Washington and/or Sacramento....!

Obviously they're the lucky ones to be contending for the #1 overall draft pick, in what might possibly be the deepest draft ever since the LeBron James one. Also, they have all got crappy, though young and talented rosters as they've been in bottom for years now and got to draft all the high picks.

Of course this is not the case for the Hornets but they've got some sweet talented players anyways. Especially Gordon, that guy is a beast and they simply HAVE to resign him, no matter what, or they'll be $%^&ed for years to come (although I hope Houston can acquire Gordon some way anyways).

ManningToTyree
02-22-2012, 04:13 PM
The Knicks lol

Iodine
02-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Based on current roster+picks, Wolves, Cavs, Bismack, and Kings look to improve

clydebino
02-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Wolves and Kings if they both get a better bench and small forward.

Iodine
02-22-2012, 04:23 PM
The Nets if they get Dwight.

The Raptors as Valanciunas will come over, and they will likely have another high pick in the draft.

The Knicks are technically a losing team, so... yeah.

Long lost Jonas brother FTW

cdnsportsfan
02-22-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it... Cavs, Bobcats, Raptors, Hornets, Washington and/or Sacramento....!

Obviously they're the lucky ones to be contending for the #1 overall draft pick, in what might possibly be the deepest draft ever since the LeBron James one. Also, they have all got crappy, though young and talented rosters as they've been in bottom for years now and got to draft all the high picks.

Good list - free agency aside (cannot guarantee anything) here are my thoughts:

I think the Bobcats are a bit of a ways off, the Wizards too - I thought they'd be closer than they are this year, but adding another high draft pick will definitely help that team.

Hornets will have a great young team but next year may or may not be their year.

Cavs are definitely moving in the right direction, next season with a draft pick in a stacked draft they will definitely get a boost. Besides them the Raps, because they will have two top draft picks coming for sure, and if Bargnani is healthy he's proven to have finally turned a corner this season (after years of waiting).

Lots of people mentioning the TWolves, it's funny I honestly don't consider them a losing team. They are though however but they will definitely keep improving, they are on the way up no question.

JordansBulls
02-23-2012, 09:51 AM
T-Wolves