PDA

View Full Version : I heard some potentially big news just now!

furmat60
02-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Alright, so here's the story.

My uncle works for ATT up in Seattle. He was doing some data circuits at a major company called Vulcan today, which is owned by Paul Allen. He saw some big wigs of the company and some executives of Paul Allen, and they told my uncle that we offered the Colts a first round pick and a bunch of money for Peyton Manning.

My uncle was so ecstatic that he could barely talk. The told him to keep it on the DL, and they only reason they told him is because he's installed most of the circuits there and he's got a TS security clearance, and he can be trusted.

Anyways, I don't think they were trolling. What say you guys? What are your reactions?

hawks4life
02-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Meh... Well, I suppose it could be true. I hope Mr Allen is reading this post otherwise youre uncle could be looking for a new job. Lol!

hawks4life
02-21-2012, 10:31 PM
First Round pick, huh? Hopefully, he's fully healthy from his 4 surgeries. Otherwise, I would rather trade the pick to move up or just keep it.

furmat60
02-21-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm pretty sure he'll be okay lol. After reading what Sando had to say and the reading the article over at FieldGulls, I don't think it would be wise to trade for him. If we sign him to an incentive based contract, then I'm all for it, but I don't want to waste draft picks.

DuckHawk
02-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Is it April 1st?

DuckHawk
02-21-2012, 11:07 PM
I may be wrong, but I didn't think that Manning being traded was in the cards, unless the team acquiring him wants to take on his overloaded contract and pay him his 28 million dollar roster bonus. If this is true it would have to go down by March 8th when his bonus is due. If he is healthy it would be awesome to have him.

House
02-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Wow... I don't see that being feasible UNLESS Peyton's arm is next to 100%

furmat60
02-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Wow... I don't see that being feasible UNLESS Peyton's arm is next to 100%

Exactly. I heard a rumor that Peyton can't throw across his body without it hurting him. I don't remember where I heard it. I'll see if I can find it.

House
02-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Exactly. I heard a rumor that Peyton can't throw across his body without it hurting him. I don't remember where I heard it. I'll see if I can find it.

I heard in Total Access yesterday that he has very little zip on his ball. I can't see us dropping a 1st rd pick and tons of money on him

CHAWKSFLYNHGH
02-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Absolutely ridiculous that we would give up a 1st round pick on a hurt PM. Our biggest need in the draft is a DE/OLB Due to the developement at MLB. Besides we could probably get more out of Jason Campbell at this point since he has played under Cable. Campbell seems like he would have a more legitimate shot at getting us to a title game then a lot of these FA QBs, plus it would save us a bunch of money to land a high profile Definsive interior or DE like Mario Williams. Along with another RB to go along with Lynch when we sign him, maybe Michael Bush.

FWBrodie
02-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Hmmm. Doesn't seem to make sense since he's commonly believed to be cut soon. A first round pick is a large asset.

Interesting.

Hawk Deez Natz
02-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Why would we trade for him if there is a chance he would be released?

crzyhawk
02-22-2012, 12:55 AM
I hope this is not true.

Hawk Deez Natz
02-22-2012, 01:22 AM
Screw it....lets trade for Mario Williams while were at it.

Colt45Hawk
02-22-2012, 06:00 AM
I'm guessing those guys are stretching the truth a little bit. It's like a game of "telephone". You whisper into each others ears in a line and the person at the end says what they heard and the point of the game is to see how much it changed. I bet those guys heard rumors that we are interested in Peyton Manning but I highly doubt we offered a 1st round pick and a bunch of money when he's going to get released soon and could be had for a bunch of money without giving up a draft pick.

ccg34
02-22-2012, 08:32 AM
I don't see why would we offer a 1st round pick to the Colts, because he will be released soon. If he was under contract, I believe a 1st round pick would be worth it for a healthy Peyton Manning.

Thebudler
02-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I don't buy it. I am not saying it isn't true, but a first round pick for a 36 year old QB w/ three (maybe four) neck surgeries the past few years doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Maybe if we were the Raiders organization I would buy it. Jim Irsay, Colts owner has to pay Manning 28 million is he is still on the roster some time in March. Therefore, there is a very slim chance he doesn't get cut in my opinion.

Hawk Deez Natz
02-22-2012, 03:03 PM
I think this was all a ploy to catch the mole in the company...lol

shen
02-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Allen might not want to risk someone else signing Manning. He has a history of not taking such risks, at least when it comes to the Blazers.

FWBrodie
02-22-2012, 07:55 PM
They may be able to roll over the extra cap space from last season, not sure if the deadline has already past. If they did that though they'd be in a real bad spot in 2013.

Seattle4Ever
02-22-2012, 08:52 PM
A first rounder is a heavy price.

If Manning was 100% there is no doubt in my mind that I would pull the trigger. But his neck issue, the fact that it is a short term solution, and his age/durability are question marks for me.

House
02-23-2012, 01:24 AM
The BIGGEST issue is not the neck, its the nerve in his arm. The nerve has all of the concerns. His throwing is limited, he lacks zip and touch. (From the medical standpoint)

NateyB24
02-23-2012, 08:26 PM
We can get him without trading for him he will be cut Colts aren't going to pay him 28M.

alexander_37
02-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Alright, so here's the story.

My uncle works for ATT up in Seattle. He was doing some data circuits at a major company called Vulcan today, which is owned by Paul Allen. He saw some big wigs of the company and some executives of Paul Allen, and they told my uncle that we offered the Colts a first round pick and a bunch of money for Peyton Manning.

My uncle was so ecstatic that he could barely talk. The told him to keep it on the DL, and they only reason they told him is because he's installed most of the circuits there and he's got a TS security clearance, and he can be trusted.

Anyways, I don't think they were trolling. What say you guys? What are your reactions?

Their trust was clearly placed in the right man..

drew_ellis_23
02-24-2012, 02:16 AM
I heard we were trying to move up with a trade with the Browns so I doubt this very much.

Hawks4ever
02-24-2012, 02:24 AM
I don't see the giving up Peyton for just a first round pick if he is healthy, maybe I am wrong. Yet they know where he is at better then anyone, besides Peyton himself.

shen
02-24-2012, 02:54 AM
The Colts are going to release him. They are moving on, simple as that.

NateyB24
02-24-2012, 03:00 AM
I heard we were trying to move up with a trade with the Browns so I doubt this very much.

Unless the Browns sign Flynn i don't see the Browns trading with us because we would take RG3 i could see trading up with the Vikings.

seahawks509
02-27-2012, 05:15 AM
Hmmm. Doesn't seem to make sense since he's commonly believed to be cut soon. A first round pick is a large asset.

Interesting.

Agreed.

Mobsterkel
03-05-2012, 03:09 AM
id rather trade for rg3 or just sign matt flyn

Seattle4Ever
03-11-2012, 02:13 PM
So this news was obviously false.

Poo.