PDA

View Full Version : Who had the best offseason moves this year?

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 09:11 PM
We are approaching the All Star break now. Which teams had the best off - season moves and which teams have shown the most improvement with these new acquisitions since last year?

Bishnoff
02-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Clippers. Traded for CP3, signed Butler and Billups.

bklynny67
02-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Clippers. Traded for CP3, signed Butler and Billups.

Agreed, and I don't think there's really an argument to be made for any other team, especially with the success they're having.

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 10:53 PM
In the West I think the Clippers and the Mavericks did really well in the offseason moves.

Clippers because they traded for Paul and was able to add Billups for a part of the season and more importantly Caron Butler. That team is real fun to watch. I dont think there is a team that is more exciting to watch then this team since I have been watching basketball. The only thing that may compare is the first 2 years of the Suns but even then I think this team is still more exciting and fun to watch.

Dallas Mavericks because they lost a lot of pieces to their championship team and were able to recoup what they lost with new pieces. Very nice job. I thought they were going to tank the season for the Deron and Dwight sweepstakes but I was wrong.

In the East I like the moves the Knicks made. Although it hasnt quantified in a great record as of yet they have all the pieces to be very dangerous in this second half. The addition of Mike Woodson, Tyson Chandler, Jared Jefferies, and Iman Shumpert has helped make this team a top defensive team this year when they were notoriously not very good on defense for the past couple years. The big part of the offseason that impressed me was the GMs willingness to gamble amnestying Chauncey for a chance at Tyson. Unfortunately for Billups he had a season ending injury, but luckily for Knicks fans we moved him and didnt bank on him being a part of our future with the team. The biggest move may very well be the Jeremy Lin signing which didnt happen in the offseason but with the recent additions of JR Smith Lin and Baron Davis to the lineup this team looks very dangerous.

In the East I also like the Indiana Pacers. Although they didnt make as drastic the manuevers that the Clippers, Knicks, and Mavericks made they did add a very nice piece in David West. They were a young budding team last year that surprised people in the playoffs and it looks like they are ready to clash with the best of the East this season. David West was a nice Veteran pickup. I think they are probably 1 solid bench player away from really going over the top. When they were chasing OJ Mayo and Jamal Crawford I was really getting excited for them. I think they need 1 more guy like that off the bench to make them really scary.

Ill21
02-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Jeremy Lin signing

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Jeremy Lin signing

It wasnt during the offseason but at this rate it may be the biggest roster move of the season for any team.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Clippers.

And no, Mavericks losing Tyson Chandler was a bad offseason move for them.

DaVille
02-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Jeremy Lin signing.

I can't believe Danny Ainge let Lin slip; Jeremy played college ball 10minutes from TD Garden. :mad:

JEDean89
02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
knick's probably upgraded the roster the most, jeremy lin, tyson chandler, and jr smith while only tyson was done during the offseason, it was easily the most upgraded team this year. the clipps got cp3 which was great but since billups is out for the season it's hard to include him.

sunsfan88
02-22-2012, 02:45 AM
Is this even a serious question? Its obviously the ****ing Clippers!!! Resigning Jordan, trading for CP3, signing Butler and Billups, who else even comes close?

Fnom11
02-22-2012, 03:00 AM
Honestly seems like he's trying to get more praise for the Knicks franchise with this question.

MickeyMgl
02-22-2012, 03:19 AM
You mean, like on the dance floor? In bed?

latinofire21
02-22-2012, 04:05 AM
Honestly seems like he's trying to get more praise for the Knicks franchise with this question.

Couldnt be more wrong in that assessment.

I said offseason just so that it would be less likely anyone named the Knicks. Jeremy Lin was a midseason acquisition.

I also first talked about the Clippers and Mavericks before I even mentioned the Knicks.

The best offseason acquisitions I believe are The Clippers, Mavericks, Knicks, and Pacers for the reasons I listed above. If you would like to add to the subject feel free to give your assessment.

If we were talking about who made the best moves this season in general then it would be a Knicks thread hands down but we arent talking about that. We had half the season to assess the moves made by the league.

tyfreaks brotha
02-22-2012, 04:08 AM
Clippers fallowed by the Knicks

Evolution23
02-22-2012, 11:33 AM

He never mentioned Knicks once. I think you are just paranoid.

marj987
02-22-2012, 02:00 PM
God, first Lin wasn't an offseason signing, and how did the Knicks have the best offseason and not have a winning, record?

1. Clippers
2. Mavs
3. Heat