PDA

View Full Version : How many teams are there for which trading for gasol makes sense?

Hellcrooner
02-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Im trying to figure out, because im trying to check destinations where a trade makes sense for:

Lakers

The other team.

Gasol ( yes Gasol, he doenst have a say, but i doubt a team wants to add such a highe salary, around 20 million a year with the trade kicked for a disgruntled player).

Im giving for certain that three or more teams trades are very difficult to acomplish too.

And that lakers wouldnt be keen of trading him in his division / conference / to a rival for the ring.

Im struggling to find teams that could meet all the requirements, Make sense for them, for Lakers and for Pau.

Im posting a poll with all the teams, you can vote for More than one team.

Gram
02-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Gordon, Knight, Monroe, Jerebko, and an unprotected 2012 first for Gasol.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Gordon, Knight, Monroe, Jerebko, and an unprotected 2012 first for Gasol.

Does sense for Lakers.

But does it really make sense for Pistons? Dont think so, they pay too much and woudl leave them with a team that may or may not make playoffs and go out at first round any case.
Doubt Pau woudl like it.

See? Is difficult to find a team that makes sense for everyone involved.

Would make sense if they dont overpau ( keep Knight and Monroe)

Gram
02-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Does sense for Lakers.

But does it really make sense for Pistons? Dont think so, they pay too much and woudl leave them with a team that may or may not make playoffs and go out at first round any case.
Doubt Pau woudl like it.

See? Is difficult to find a team that makes sense for everyone involved.

Would make sense if they dont overpau ( keep Knight and Monroe)

Dude I'm trolling lol I'mma Piston fan, you think we'd actually take that trade? lol.

nickdymez
02-21-2012, 04:23 PM
I just think the problem is that everyone knows what went down a few months ago with the Chris Paul thing. Every team will lowball us. Especially reading that article posted about the dysfunction of the Lakers front office. I'm thinking every general manager/owner will be out to stick it to us for "Basketball reasons".

SmartestGuyHere
02-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Dude I'm trolling lol I'mma Piston fan, you think we'd actually take that trade? lol.

Don't you know the infamous Hellcrooner and his Spaniard homerism? He thinks Pau Gasol is the Michael Jordan of this era and that Kobe is holding him back. Any trade involving him requires 3-4 of your best players if not more.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Lakers have already said they want a star in return for Pau Gasol, not just average pieces.

Pau Gasol is not getting traded.

nickdymez
02-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Never seen such a long poll... (No pun)

LAKERMANIA
02-21-2012, 04:25 PM
The only teams I can think of are the Wolves, Bulls, Magic and Rockets

5ass
02-21-2012, 04:26 PM
wolves(derrick williams+randolph+filler), jazz (Jefferson+filler), hawks-my favorite- (smith, zaza, hinrich, 1st round pick) sixers-my other favoite- (young, williams, hawes) pacers (granger+fillers)

KnicksR4Real
02-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Knicks:
Gasol
Lakers:
Amare, Felton
Blazers:
Douglas, Walker, Lakers first

Hellcrooner
02-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Knicks:
Gasol
Lakers:
Amare, Felton
Blazers:
Douglas, Walker, Lakers first

Does nothing for the blazers...........

gotoHcarolina52
02-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Who should want him?

Everyone.

How many teams are there for which tradin for gasol makes sense?

A handful. Chicago, Houston, Orlando, Minnesota, Boston and some others.

nickdymez
02-21-2012, 04:35 PM

Yea but felton doesn't want to be there. I like this idea actually.

AussieLaker
02-21-2012, 04:48 PM
FOr one i dont think the Lakers would want Amare and his wonky knees and absurd contract

and for the wolves we would do something like this d.williams, beasely and pekovic
Then flip d williams to another destination for Jennings?

Could always go back to the rockets trade of Scola, Dragic and Martin and flip martin for someone else

JasonJohnHorn
02-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Zero. Obviously if LA was just dumping the contract a lot of teams would want him, but if you are giving up talent for talent, there is no match in the league. Gasol fits in well with LA. LA needs Gasol. He is their glue guy. And they already miss Odom enough. If LA's GM was dumb enough to move their best bench player for nothing and not bother doing anything about the PG situation, then LA needs to look at replacing their GM! Not moving Pau. They already made a bad move in terms of coaching to start the season off, then the GM doesn't bother addressing the biggest hole on the team which is PG. If LA doesnt win this year, it is on the GM's head and nobody else's.

nickdymez
02-21-2012, 04:54 PM
I dont think most Laker fans want Jennings. (I do because I know him). And your right about the Amare thing

nickdymez
02-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Zero. Obviously if LA was just dumping the contract a lot of teams would want him, but if you are giving up talent for talent, there is no match in the league. Gasol fits in well with LA. LA needs Gasol. He is their glue guy. And they already miss Odom enough. If LA's GM was dumb enough to move their best bench player for nothing and not bother doing anything about the PG situation, then LA needs to look at replacing their GM! Not moving Pau.

You really think its the GM's fault?

JNA17
02-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Hawks for me.

Lakers trade: Pau Gasol

Hawks Trade: Josh Smith, Kirk Hinrich

Also sixers would be good to trade with, not sure what deal they would be willing to do though, just throwing this out there.

Lakers trade: Pau Gasol, Devin Ebanks, a filler (artest or walton), a pick

Sixers Trade: Iggy, Jrue Holiday, and Elton Brand.

I still think the Hawks trade is the best to go with.

justinnum1
02-21-2012, 05:10 PM
FOr one i dont think the Lakers would want Amare and his wonky knees and absurd contract

and for the wolves we would do something like this d.williams, beasely and pekovic
Then flip d williams to another destination for Jennings?

Could always go back to the rockets trade of Scola, Dragic and Martin and flip martin for someone else

Amare's knees are not insured...no one is taking him.a

Cfrey
02-21-2012, 05:10 PM
He won't get traded because the Lakers are shopping him like he's MJ

Cfrey
02-21-2012, 05:11 PM
And to top it off all the lakers fans want him gone for Mj..

LOL

Hellcrooner
02-21-2012, 05:19 PM
He won't get traded because the Lakers are shopping him like he's MJ

deal with it, if wolves are really interested Pek will be a laker, or Paus back up in Wolves.

reffahead
02-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Dude makes 19 per year. Extremely hard to get value much less get the numbers to match up.

This time last year the Lakers/Wolves were asking for the no. 2 pick and Love. That obviously would have been another boon for the Lakers.

reffahead
02-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Hawks for me.

Also sixers would be good to trade with, not sure what deal they would be willing to do though, just throwing this out there.

The Hawks counter with Joe Johnson and Kirk Hinrich for Pau and Peace. Taking Peace is our attempt to ease you with Johnson contract but the Lakers really don't have financial concerns like most small market teams. Considering they signed a 4 billion tv deal.

AussieLaker
02-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Lakers hang up the fone @ reffahead
we would rather keep metta then have Joes Contract haha
Thanks but no thanks

mamba24
02-21-2012, 05:33 PM

Felton wants out...theyre basically gonna have to dump him for nothing

JNA17
02-21-2012, 05:34 PM
The Hawks counter with Joe Johnson and Kirk Hinrich for Pau and Peace. Taking Peace is our attempt to ease you with Johnson contract but the Lakers really don't have financial concerns like most small market teams. Considering they signed a 4 billion tv deal.

But I want my first favorite player (Kobe) and my 2nd favorite player (Josh Smith) on the same team :(.

LA4life24/8
02-21-2012, 05:34 PM
pau has a lot of value, hopefully if they trade him itll be the right trade and improve us, i would like us to find one that could possibly refill paus spot and fix pg position

ChicagoRox
02-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Hawks for me.

i really like the Hawks trade. Hawks trade seems really fair to both teams involved. And both teams would improve.

The 76ers trade is super lopsided for the Lakers. The Lakers are playoff team and there first round pick would be kinda worthless.

shep33
02-21-2012, 05:54 PM
If the Lakers can get a pg with the TPE, then maybe work out a trade for a decent bench scorer (Beasley?), they shouldn't trade Pau.

Pau is probably the most versatile big in the game right now. 17 and 11 this year, shooting 50%, unselfish, and there are not many players that can play PF/Center, which he's probably the best in the league at doing.

If Bynum wasn't emerging and he'd probably average 20 and 12

Lab Rat Robby
02-21-2012, 06:12 PM
i voted for the nets. i dunno if they have the pieces to make it happen but they should. can't get much closer to spain, not gonna get dwight, desperate need to do something to keep deron williams.

Lab Rat Robby
02-21-2012, 06:15 PM
or they could give up deron williams and go with a gasol lopez twin towers. i bet they could milk the lakers out of picks, fisher, world peace?

mgsports
02-21-2012, 06:15 PM
A Trade between Magic/Lakers/Timberwolves/Trail Blazers could work.

reffahead
02-21-2012, 06:22 PM
The Lakers have holes at the 4, 3, and 1. Pau is a center. He can't guard guys like Dirk, Griffin, and Love. He'll give up points and fouls trying to guard stretch 4s.

shep33
02-21-2012, 06:24 PM
The Lakers have holes at the 4, 3, and 1. Pau is a center. He can't guard guys like Dirk, Griffin, and Love. He'll give up points and fouls trying to guard stretch 4s.

Actually he does a decent job against Griffin and Love

AceMan
02-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Honestly I think the Lakers should just go back to the Rockets here. Scola could give them a reasonable Pau impersonation and Martin could lead their second unit, then in crunch time Kobe could either slide over to the point (which kills two birds with one stone since you add Martin and get rid of Fisher) or Martin could play the 3. If they could get Dragic too then great, but honestly I think that trade makes the most sense.

shep33
02-21-2012, 06:30 PM
I hope Pau stays, but if he doesn't I bet he's going to some team that none of us are thinking of.

reffahead
02-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Really, Love dropped 33 and 13 and Blake avg. 24 and 12 vs. the Lakers so far this season. At the end of the day, the playoffs are the only thing that matters.

shep33
02-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Really, Love dropped 33 and 13 and Blake avg. 24 and 12 vs. the Lakers so far this season. At the end of the day, the playoffs are the only thing that matters.

Well historically those two have struggled (last year) with Gasol's length. Blake often got most of his baskets against us when Troy Murphy is guarding him.

koetravis
02-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Rockets will. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=79e8mu2

Lakers get Scola, Ridnour, and Beasley.

Minnesota gets Martin.

Rockets get Gasol.

KnicksorBust
02-21-2012, 07:02 PM
There are a ton of teams that he would help take to another level. My personal top 3 is:

1. Grizzlies
2. Hawks
3. Bucks/Rockets

I love the idea of pairing him with Marc, Horford, Bogut, or Kevin McHale. :)

Hellcrooner
02-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Rockets will. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=79e8mu2

Lakers get Scola, Ridnour, and Beasley.

Minnesota gets Martin.

Rockets get Gasol.

problem is, ok lowry is good, gasol is good....the rest of the team.....:rolleyes:

it made sense in the summer with the chance to pry marc gasol with the capspace. but right now................unless it freed enought capspace to throw a pitch at dwight, it does not make any sense.

Hellcrooner
02-22-2012, 12:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7kb93ek

some picks from hawks to lakers.

Makes sense for everybody, and lakes have the TPE to use on a PF.

fouman22
02-22-2012, 12:47 PM
As a Laker fan, the only player I would want for Gasol is Deron Williams. Lakers can work a deal to get Williams. Other than Williams, I want Gasol to stay a Laker, hes much more valuable than people think.
Last year I believe he was tired and was not mentally their. Three straight final appearance, not including basketball overseas, is non stop hard work. I think he will remain a Laker, and once the trade deadline passes, he will step up his game. Not to mention, he is on a 10 game streak with a double double. Hes feelin it!

LAKobeBryant
02-22-2012, 05:13 PM
wolves, rockets, suns, hornets possibly and nets