PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Chandler Back In USA Hopes To Sign Soon

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 09:49 AM
http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/chandler_visit_02_21_2012.html

Upon seeing Wilson Chandler in the Denver locker room, Nuggets coach George Karl greeted him with a handshake and a smile.
“I could’ve used you tonight,” Karl said.

That wish could soon be a reality.

Chandler, a restricted free agent, attended Denver’s 103-101 overtime victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday night and said he hopes to sign a new contract with the Nuggets “in the next week or so.”

Chandler, 24, finished last season with the Nuggets but spent the past several months playing in China, where he averaged 26.6 points and 11.6 rebounds in 32 games with the Zhejiang Guangsha Lions.

“I like being in Denver,” he said. “It’s a great team, a great young team. They’re playing hard. The injuries have been tough, but it’s still a pretty good team. I’m looking forward to being back.”

Chandler, a versatile small forward, still needs clearance from the Chinese Basketball Association before he can return to the NBA. He also can talk to other teams, but the Nuggets would have three days to match any contract offer.

“I hope we get him back,” Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri said. “We’re excited to have him here. It’s good to see him again.”

After watching the game from a center-court suite, Chandler spent some time with his former teammates in the locker room.

“He can do a lot,” point guard Ty Lawson said. “He’s a shooter, a defender. He’s big for us. Hopefully can get that (clearance from China) and go out and play.”

Chandler did not anticipate problems receiving clearance. In the meantime, he and the Nuggets will continue discussions on a new contract.

“A long-term deal would be fine,” he said. “Hopefully I can get back and help the team out.”

Shocker :speechless: I coulda sworn he was going to the knicks! :D

oak2455
02-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Bait much? Knicks have no need for him

NYKnicks4511
02-21-2012, 10:03 AM
OP is mad because his team will be stuck in mediocrity for the better part of the next decade. Love ill will though.

thenaj17
02-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Perfect player for someone like the Lakers who are desperate for some SF prodcution. Shame we have no cap room. Denver are lucky to have him!

bbcmillionaire
02-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Hmm I would like to see him in new jersey or Orlando, but I think it's a 80% chance he returns to denver, he seems very loyal

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-21-2012, 10:18 AM

I love how people focus on the Knicks more than their own team. You got valuable players from us. How about u just enjoy them. Any logical fan knows Chandler would more than likely remain a nugget

nycericanguy
02-21-2012, 10:31 AM

I don't even know why you had to go there... I don't get all the animosity.

Knicks are out of the Chandler sweepstakes anyway, they have to use their MLE to resign Lin now.

LAKobeBryant
02-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Lakers should sign him, If its possible on their cap space

Da Knicks
02-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Chandler will help out the nuggets a lot, dont get the jab towards the knicks at all though...

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 12:52 PM
I'll show you guys when I get home why I added the last part.

oak2455
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
cool... Chandler is good, he is missed but not now:eyebrow:

uprightciti
02-21-2012, 01:04 PM
I hope he gets a good deal

dude is a baller that needs a prime time shot

He loves NYC if he could come back here he would be here in a second no doubt but...denver is a good place for him

1. knicks
2. denver
2. portland (tie)
3. clippers
4. twolves
5. boston

Kashmir13579
02-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Never liked him.

Bornknick73
02-21-2012, 01:09 PM

because youre a troll. I remember all the back and forth with you during the trade talks. Youre denvers biggest troll. What are you gonna show us? A couple of our guys were hoping he would return? Maybe even a few felt he would return? Thats your ammo? You start a thread to instigate my fanbase because a few overzealous fans thought we had a chance to get him back?

Youre a troll and this thread needs to be closed. it was intentionally made to troll and just by him stating hes gonna show us why means he did it to get a reaction from Knicks fans. He basically is admitting he created it to bait us.

CLOSE THIS THREAD.

ManningToTyree
02-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Always liked Ill Will. He can be a huge asset on a contender

LongIslandIcedZ
02-21-2012, 01:22 PM
He'll be back in NY.

haha

On a more serious note, good for Denver to pick him back up. Good player, good attitude, wish he was a Knick again.

Tmath
02-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Was hoping the Raptors would pick him up but it seems unlikely.

Even more of a reason to draft Barnes or MKG now.

t_money25
02-21-2012, 01:27 PM
He will get more playing time in Denver than NY

JNA17
02-21-2012, 01:46 PM
If it were possible, he would help out the lakers tremendously.

OT Thriller
02-21-2012, 02:13 PM
He's exactly what the Nets need. Oh well.

Crackadalic
02-21-2012, 02:18 PM
He's a RFA so he has no choice but to sign with the Nuggets since nobody can give him a big contract now until the off season

Slimsim
02-21-2012, 02:26 PM
OP is mad because his team will be stuck in mediocrity for the better part of the next decade. Love ill will though.

How dare you talk **** as a knick fan come on this was uncall for

young eastwood
02-21-2012, 02:30 PM
He's a RFA so he has no choice but to sign with the Nuggets since nobody can give him a big contract now until the off season

I have no clue why no one else in here seems to get that.

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 02:32 PM
because youre a troll. I remember all the back and forth with you during the trade talks. Youre denvers biggest troll. What are you gonna show us? A couple of our guys were hoping he would return? Maybe even a few felt he would return? Thats your ammo? You start a thread to instigate my fanbase because a few overzealous fans thought we had a chance to get him back?

Youre a troll and this thread needs to be closed. it was intentionally made to troll and just by him stating hes gonna show us why means he did it to get a reaction from Knicks fans. He basically is admitting he created it to bait us.

CLOSE THIS THREAD.

im gonna ignore you, you seem mad. i could be denvers biggest troll according to you but due to how many trolls ny has i wont call u their biggest but your definitely one of them.

so heres what im talking about

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=693473&highlight=wilson+chandler

Very good player. You should resign him. He will sign because the money is great and he needs to secure his future. He ain't a "marketable" player. But Chandler does not want to be in Denver -- he wants to be in NY.

Chandler loves NY. He didnt even want to be traded. I dont know how Denvers cap space is, but if they cant resign him this summer, he will be talking to the Knicks for sure.

Actually Chandler does want to play with the Knicks. He loves New York, loved being here, and was respected widely with the fans. Denver owns his rights. But you wouldn't know that cause you got your hater goggles on and they getting fogged up with envy.

I don't think Chandler has much choice this year, he's a RFA and teams are set for the most part and have spent their money.

If he signs only a 1 year deal that would indicate he doesn't want to be in DEN longterm. His agent has come out and said he would love to come back to NY.

Hes saying all the right things because he has no other real options contender wise. If he signs a long term deal then he really means it. If he does a 1 year deal so hes unrestricted next year then he clearly wants out.

My money is since the season is practically over when he has to sign with a team that he does a one year deal and tests the free agent market in the off season.

It wont be because the Nuggets suck for him doing that. Thats the financially responsible thing to do in my opinion if I were him. He gets to pick where he lives and if he doesnt want to live in Denver he has the option to go to the destination he prefers in the off season.

I honestly would love him back in NYK but I know its highly unlikely that will happen. I think he would be an incredible addition to Portland or San Antonio moving forward.

After reading that sarcastic fluff piece on D Howard going to the Spurs I think that team would be real sick with D Howard and Wilson Chandler.

I didnt post it to bait knicks fans im just saying since most ny fans posting were claiming he wanted ny and didnt want to sign with the nuggets i was surprised he said he would sign long term with denver and not ny.

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 02:34 PM

yes definitely atleast we wont be stuck in a pipe dream with our overpaid "superstars". at least we both love ill will

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 02:38 PM
im gonna ignore you, you seem mad. i could be denvers biggest troll according to you but due to how many trolls ny has i wont call u their biggest but your definitely one of them.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=693473&highlight=wilson+chandler

I didnt post it to bait knicks fans im just saying since most ny fans posting were claiming he wanted ny and didnt want to sign with the nuggets i was surprised he said he would sign long term with denver and not ny.

This is a bait thread clearly made by you but I am glad you quoted me. LOL you didnt even bother to read my quote clearly so your definitely a bad troll.

Missing56&33
02-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Wilson was pretty good for us. But we can't give him the contract he wants.

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 02:41 PM
What part of him being a restricted free agent dont you get? Nuggets can match anything that is offered to him. Like I said in the quoted text you so vigorously posted, if he signs a long term deal then I believe he meant what he said.

I still think realistically he does a 1 year deal to test the free agent market and see whats out there. He played real well in China and he will be a hot commodity in the offseason if he signs a 1 year deal and finishes out this already abbreviated season.

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 02:44 PM
This is a bait thread clearly made by you but I am glad you quoted me. LOL you didnt even bother to read my quote clearly so your definitely a bad troll.

i read it and no all you guys are trolls im speaking facts and this is wilson chandler news. you guys cant see a nuggets thread without saying "they wont win a championship first than the knicks". if it isnt a knicks thread but the knicks are mentioned its automatically trolling but you guys add the knicks to every thread made about the nuggets so i did it for you, simple as that.

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 02:45 PM
i read it and no all you guys are trolls im speaking facts and this is wilson chandler news. you guys cant see a nuggets thread without saying "they wont win a championship first than the knicks". if it isnt a knicks thread but the knicks are mentioned its automatically trolling but you guys add the knicks to every thread made about the nuggets so i did it for you, simple as that.

So your intentions were to troll. Got it.

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 02:50 PM
stop being butt hurt over one simple sentence, i could pull essays out of you trolling. this is about wilson and ummmmm.... he doesnt want to go to ny and i dont blame him. :D

He hasnt signed the contract either. When its a multi year deal then he wants to be there. Still all speculation until he signs the deal and for how much. No one ever questioned whether he was going back to Denver. Its was for how long will he be going back to Denver. He was a restricted free agent so any team offering him a long term deal knew that if Denver wants him they can match. With all the injuries they have right now it would make more sense for no other team to offer him a thing other then a 1 year deal so he can test the market next season.

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 02:54 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nuggets-meet-with-chandler-discuss-deal

only reason hes not signed is because he needs clearance from the cba... i expect a 5 year deal if not a 3 who knows

NYKSpiritBomb
02-21-2012, 03:04 PM
who cares its not like the knicks could even afford him, or need him

smith&wesson
02-21-2012, 03:07 PM
He will stay with denver for the rest of the season. and then get a big deal from someone else in the off season as denver wont match a big deal for wilson as they have tied their money up to gallinari. whats the point in resigning chandler to a lucrative deal next season when they have gallo. doesnt make much sence.

i expect another team to offer him any where from 7-8 million a year next season.

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 03:10 PM
who cares its not like the knicks could even afford him, or need him

+1

smith&wesson
02-21-2012, 03:10 PM

only reason hes not signed is because he needs clearance from the cba... i expect a 5 year deal if not a 3 who knows

Your a denver fan. explain this to me.. how much cap room doesn denver have next year.

YoungOne
02-21-2012, 03:11 PM
I hope we can get a wing from denver for one of our PF's they are stacked if they sign chandler. (chandler/brewer/gallinari/fernandez/harrington)

FarOutIos
02-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Not sure why my kings dint take a shot at him. We have a ton of cap space and a need at SF...

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 03:13 PM

You mean he needs clearance from FIBA. All USA players need to finish their contracts in the CBA but need a letter from FIBA to authorize NBA teams to sign him. If they were to skip that step the USA Basketball team would recieve some type of sanctions.

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 03:14 PM
He will stay with denver for the rest of the season. and then get a big deal from someone else in the off season as denver wont match a big deal for wilson as they have tied their money up to gallinari. whats the point in resigning chandler to a lucrative deal next season when they have gallo. doesnt make much sence.

i expect another team to offer him any where from 7-8 million a year next season.

The nuggets dont have to sign him for this season if he wont sign a multi-year deal. If he doesnt want a multi-year deal with denver then he would have to agree to a sign and trade and we could easily make enough room to match contracts offered by any team. He also said he would agree to a multi-year deal so your future telling seems wrong.

“A long-term deal would be fine,” he said. “Hopefully I can get back and help the team out.”

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Your a denver fan. explain this to me.. how much cap room doesn denver have next year.

we will be at $47,031,313 this offseason with the league cap around 58mill and we also have the amnesty option. which can take harringtons 6,687,400 off the books or birdmans 4,526,000

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 03:18 PM
The nuggets dont have to sign him for this season if he wont sign a multi-year deal. If he doesnt want a multi-year deal with denver then he would have to agree to a sign and trade and we could easily make enough room to match contracts offered by any team. He also said he would agree to a multi-year deal so your future telling seems wrong.

lol you really think the Nuggets would balk at signing him for the remainder of the season with all the injuries they have right now lol. Haha

C_Mund
02-21-2012, 03:19 PM
There was an article in Toronto about how the Raps were (rumored) to throw more money at him than Denver could afford in the off-season. I guess there's a lot of factors involved in something like that happening but I wouldn't mind if they overpaid a bit for Chandler. I just have a feeling that he really likes Denver so he would take less money to play there.

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 03:20 PM
we will be at $47,031,313 this offseason with the league cap around 58mill and we also have the amnesty option. which can take harringtons 6,687,400 off the books or birdmans 4,526,000

Amnestying either of them would be foolish in my opinion. I would save that amnesty for another Nene injury. His contract is pretty heavy.

You can get pieces for Birdman. Not sure what value Harrington has though. Maybe a team like Sacramento would like to pair him with Cousins. I would love to see those facial expressions on the court. Thats a good skit for SNL - Cousins and Harrington on the same team watch out lol.

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 03:20 PM
lol you really think the Nuggets would balk at signing him for the remainder of the season with all the injuries they have right now lol. Haha

yea they would especially for leverage

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Amnestying either of them would be foolish in my opinion. I would save that amnesty for another Nene injury. His contract is pretty heavy.

You can get pieces for Birdman. Not sure what value Harrington has though. Maybe a team like Sacramento would like to pair him with Cousins. I would love to see those facial expressions on the court. Thats a good skit for SNL - Cousins and Harrington on the same team watch out lol.

lol i would feel bad for that town if they had both of them and i dont think the amnesty could be used on the newer contracts.... i still wish he didnt get that much but offensive big men are hard to come by..

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 03:23 PM
There was an article in Toronto about how the Raps were (rumored) to throw more money at him than Denver could afford in the off-season. I guess there's a lot of factors involved in something like that happening but I wouldn't mind if they overpaid a bit for Chandler. I just have a feeling that he really likes Denver so he would take less money to play there.

i dont think he'd take less money but i think if a team would offer less than 10mill the nuggets would match it just to have him as a trading piece if he wont sign a multi-year with them now

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 03:26 PM
yea they would especially for leverage

What leverage? He already got paid in China and the season is half over. The team is injured and they clearly need him back asap. They are definitely in no position to play hardball with the way I hear Denver fans talk about their injury woes. They need live bodies at this point.

Wilson Chandler could be a missing piece for a lot of contenders. It will be interesting to see what move he makes or what he feels his value is.

smith&wesson
02-21-2012, 03:29 PM

Ill be honest with you. i think devner will use him this year and wont match a lucrative deal for him next season. why would you guys spend all that money on 2 small forwards when you still have to sign lawson and you have more then capable back up wing players. it just seems like a dumb move. i would def keep that cap space to fill a position of need. number one priority re sign lawson and then take it from there.

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 03:30 PM
lol i would feel bad for that town if they had both of them and i dont think the amnesty could be used on the newer contracts.... i still wish he didnt get that much but offensive big men are hard to come by..

Maybe your right on that. Not a new cba guru here so not sure if thats the rule or not. If that is the rule then I can definitely see Harrington being launched if they cant find a trade partner for him. I still think Birdman can be traded to a team without having to be amnestied.

Has Harrington even been good this season? While he was in NY he was a volume shooter and he either won you games or really lost you games. It was more of the latter.

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 03:31 PM
ill be honest with you. I think devner will use him this year and wont match a lucrative deal for him next season. Why would you guys spend all that money on 2 small forwards when you still have to sign lawson and you have more then capable back up wing players. It just seems like a dumb move. I would def keep that cap space to fill a position of need. Number one priority re sign lawson and then take it from there.

+1

NYKnickFanatic
02-21-2012, 03:33 PM

How did I know I was going to show up there. :)

Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
Chandler loves NY. He didnt even want to be traded. I dont know how Denvers cap space is, but if they cant resign him this summer, he will be talking to the Knicks for sure.

Tell me where I said he would be a Knick again? All I said was:

- He loves NY.
- He didnt want to be traded. When all the trade rumors were going on, they interviewed him and asked him about being traded to Denver and he responded, "Oh I dont want to go to Denver."

And thats basically it. If he signs a one year deal with Denver, you dont think he will be talking to the Knicks in the summer? We probably cant even sign him, but you are crazy if you dont think he would even talk to them.

I never stated he would DEFINITELY be a Knick again, so you fail troll.

smith&wesson
02-21-2012, 03:35 PM
chandlers agent would have to be really bad at his job if ge let wilson give denver a discount and play behind gallo ? a) he could get a huge pay day signing with teams like toronto or sacremento for example. plus lots of playing time. or b) he could join a contender all together.

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 03:36 PM
chandlers agent would have to be really bad at his job if ge let wilson give denver a discount and play behind gallo ? A) he could get a huge pay day signing with teams like toronto or sacremento for example. Plus lots of playing time. Or b) he could join a contender all together.

+1

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 03:38 PM
im done with the knicks discussion ^^^^^^^^^^^^ i showed you why i wrote it and im done i proved your a troll and i honestly dont care it was a simple sentence get over it

Maybe your right on that. Not a new cba guru here so not sure if thats the rule or not. If that is the rule then I can definitely see Harrington being launched if they cant find a trade partner for him. I still think Birdman can be traded to a team without having to be amnestied.

Has Harrington even been good this season? While he was in NY he was a volume shooter and he either won you games or really lost you games. It was more of the latter.

hes been pretty good playing like 6th man of the year candidate but i still dont like him, his game is awkward... and his contract is still too much unless someone really wants him he might be amnestied.

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 03:41 PM
chandlers agent would have to be really bad at his job if ge let wilson give denver a discount and play behind gallo ? a) he could get a huge pay day signing with teams like toronto or sacremento for example. plus lots of playing time. or b) he could join a contender all together.

i said he probably wont give denver a discount and

as to point B, without chandler we're contenders so he would be joining a contender

NYKnickFanatic
02-21-2012, 03:42 PM
im done with the knicks discussion ^^^^^^^^^^^^ i showed you why i wrote it and im done i proved your a troll and i honestly dont care it was a simple sentence get over it

Oh so basically you have no answer? Gotcha.

And yes, Im the troll. :rolleyes:

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Oh so basically you have no answer? Gotcha.

And yes, Im the troll. :rolleyes:

i posted the answer lol im not gonna keep going in this loop

smith&wesson
02-21-2012, 03:52 PM
i said he probably wont give denver a discount and

as to point B, without chandler we're contenders so he would be joining a contender

no disrespect to nugget fans but your currently sitting at 8th seed in the west. thats not called contending.

also put yourself in the players shoes. why would you play for a team thats already signed their future smallforward and you will likely have to play behind him and take a pay cut to do so?

why not go to a team where you can start & get paid ? he is only like 24 years old. he has lots of options. why come off the bench and get paid less ??

its not even a good idea for denver. why sign two small forwards to lucrative deals ? you still need to resign lawson as well. just doesnt make much sence.

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 03:54 PM
no disrespect to nugget fans but your currently sitting at 8th seed in the west. Thats not called contending.

Also put yourself in the players shoes. Why would you play for a team thats already signed their future smallforward and you will likely have to play behind him and take a pay cut to do so?

Why not go to a team where you can start & get paid ? He is only like 24 years old. He has lots of options. Why come off the bench and get paid less ??

Its not even a good idea for denver. Why sign two small forwards to lucrative deals ? You still need to resign lawson as well. Just doesnt make much sence.

+1

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 03:57 PM
no disrespect to nugget fans but your currently sitting at 8th seed in the west. thats not called contending.

also put yourself in the players shoes. why would you play for a team thats already signed their future smallforward and you will likely have to play behind him and take a pay cut to do so?

why not go to a team where you can start & get paid ? he is only like 24 years old. he has lots of options. why come off the bench and get paid less ??

its not even a good idea for denver. why sign two small forwards to lucrative deals ? you still need to resign lawson as well. just doesnt make much sence.

yea i know but when we're healthy we are definitely one of the top teams in the nba which we have proven this season.. also if we sign him to a crazy deal dont think the nuggets would keep him it would most likely be to trade him for picks or a good player in return which actually makes sense. from his point of view he could leave but he wont play this year and would have to agree with a sign and trade or he could sign long term with us now and play this season with the team...

what im saying is the nuggets dont have to keep him if they sign him in the offseason by matching offers they could easily trade him for assets which is a win win for us no matter what

Ray
02-21-2012, 03:57 PM
I would love to take chandler as a bulls fan if they part ways with deng in a deal for dwight... but thats most likely a pipe-dream so oh wellll

smith&wesson
02-21-2012, 04:00 PM
yea i know but when we're healthy we are definitely one of the top teams in the nba which we have proven this season.. also if we sign him to a crazy deal dont think the nuggets would keep him it would most likely be to trade him for picks or a good player in return which actually makes sense. from his point of view he could leave but he wont play this year and would have to agree with a sign and trade or he could sign long term with us now and play this season with the team...

what im saying is the nuggets dont have to keep him if they sign him in the offseason by matching offers they could easily trade him for assets which is a win win for us no matter what

cant debate that. there are lots of options. it will be interesting to see how it unfolds next season.

NYKnickFanatic
02-21-2012, 04:02 PM
when did i mention NYKnickFanatic is a troll? i said i wrote that in response to the knicks fans claiming he didnt like denver and rather be in ny like you. and your not the only knicks fan. get over it someone mentions the bum *** knicks in a thread and you cry get over it.

Originally Posted by BallIsAll View Post

I never said he didnt like Denver. I said he didnt want to be traded and he loves NY.

Also, if this thread is about Chandler and the Nuggets MAYBE signing a long term deal, why even bring up Knicks fans in the first place? Oh, I know why, to bait and troll.

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 04:10 PM
:laugh2: That makes no sense, so obviously youre mad. Guess you say pointless things when you have nothing else to say and are proven stupid.

yes im stupid lol

on to bigger things i hope he signs soon.

NYKnickFanatic
02-21-2012, 04:21 PM
yes im stupid lol

on to bigger things i hope he signs soon.

Yup. With Gallo out, you could really use him. When is Gallo suppose to return?

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Yup. With Gallo out, you could really use him. When is Gallo suppose to return?

sometime after all star not sure but hopefully soon as well

oak2455
02-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Wait isn't the op the same guy who didn't want any Knick players???

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 04:28 PM

You dont understand the free agency at all. There is no leverage the Nuggets have. If he decides to take a 1 year deal offer from someone else to get rid of being restricted then all the Nuggets can do is match. The ball is in Chandlers court.

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 04:33 PM

yea i am lol ill admit it they proved their worth

You dont understand the free agency at all. There is no leverage the Nuggets have. If he decides to take a 1 year deal offer from someone else to get rid of being restricted then all the Nuggets can do is match. The ball is in Chandlers court.

i dont think you get it here are the options for you

He doesnt have a contract offer right now so if he doesnt take a multi year he wont play this season and will still be a restricted free agent.
He can sign a multi-year with the nuggets now
If he doesnt wanna play with the nuggets he can wait till the offseason and hope the nuggets dont match offers made to him
The nuggets will match the offers, soo he would have to agree to a sign and trade deal if he doesnt wanna play for the nuggers

The nuggets dont have to give him a 1 year contract they could just leave him until the off season and complete a sign and trade if he doesnt want to sign.

the ball is in denvers court either they get chandler or assets.

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 04:34 PM

no one can sign him to a deal now because the nuggets are the only ones allowed to sign him until the off season.

Evolution23
02-21-2012, 04:35 PM

lol this guy wants the Knicks to fail more than the Nuggets to succeed. Glad to know we are always on on your mind.

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 04:36 PM
lol this guy wants the Knicks to fail more than the Nuggets to succeed. Glad to know we are always on on your mind.

i dont? i like lin? i even like the knicks i watch all their games :confused:

latinofire21
02-21-2012, 04:37 PM

He doesnt have a contract offer right now so if he doesnt take a multi year he wont play this season and will still be a restricted free agent.
If he doesnt wanna play with the nuggets he can wait till the offseason and hope the nuggets dont match offers made to him
The nuggets will match the offers, soo he would have to agree to a sign and trade deal if he doesnt wanna play for the nuggers

The nuggets dont have to give him a 1 year contract they could just leave him until the off season and complete a sign and trade if he doesnt want to sign.

He has 3 days to field offers. If a team offers him a 1 year deal then your theory is thrown out the window.

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 04:38 PM
He has 3 days to field offers. If a team offers him a 1 year deal then your theory is thrown out the window.

no team except for the nuggets can offer him anything until the season is over

phoenix_bladen
02-21-2012, 05:11 PM
since the knicks signed JR smith out right

could u say that the knicks traded wilson chandler for JR smith in the melo trade?

LA4life24/8
02-21-2012, 05:44 PM
too bad LA doesnt have the cap space for him

Mudvayne91
02-21-2012, 06:58 PM

I'm not going to lie, I was one of those guys and I'll eat some crow. Gallo, Chandler and Mozzie are very talented. I didn't give them enough credit, especially on the defensive side.
since the knicks signed JR smith out right

could u say that the knicks traded wilson chandler for JR smith in the melo trade?

Well, JR was a UFA, but I can I see what you're getting at.

IBleedPurple
02-21-2012, 07:02 PM

Birdman is garbage, Harrington's value is much higher

Nuggets were 2nd before injuries came in, so they are contending. As much as the Knicks are in the East, (if not more)

oak2455
02-21-2012, 07:16 PM

I'm not going to lie, I was one of those guys and I'll eat some crow. Gallo, Chandler and Mozzie are very talented. I didn't give them enough credit, especially on the defensive side.

Well, JR was a UFA, but I can I see what you're getting at.

** Nice to see you guys come to your senses :p:p:p

Cubby
02-21-2012, 07:26 PM

Isn't that where the Knicks have been for the last decade?

Katspinal1313
02-21-2012, 07:34 PM

He can field offers I believe, but Im pretty sure that if another team trys to sign a RFA they have to offer multiple years. Otherwise we would see a bunch of 1 year deals for guys to break free of the restricted tag.

Also to those wondering why we would spend money on two SF's its because both of them are long and versatile. Wilson can play and defend 2 thru 4 and Gallo can play 3 or 4. They also play well together and both got starter kind of minutes last year so it won't be a problem. We want him and I expect us to lock him up for as long as he wants to be here.

smith&wesson
02-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Birdman is garbage, Harrington's value is much higher

Nuggets were 2nd before injuries came in, so they are contending. As much as the Knicks are in the East, (if not more)

i dont consider the knicks a contender right now. and the nuggets are currently sitting in 8th seed. you guys were doing well for a streatch of games but that doesnt mean your contending for a championship.

BallIsAll
02-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Denver is the only team until the off season allowed to offer him a contract

Katspinal1313
02-21-2012, 09:20 PM

Where did you hear that Ball? Just doesn't seem like that would be the case he is a restricted FA but he's still a FA.... I think it will be a mute point shortly but I know there has been some screwy rules this year. Like the fact we couldn't sign and trade K-Mart and J.R.

deaner
02-22-2012, 01:39 AM

Isn't that after march 1st? He can still sign an offer sheet with any team until that date I think...

As well... there is no S&Ts mid-season, so that is not an option...

topdog
02-22-2012, 01:48 AM
I wouldn't mind him signing a couple month contract to at least make things interesting. My Wolves certainly could use him if he made it to unrestricted free agency.

spreadeagle
02-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Wilson Chandler's list of possible destinations now extends beyond his former team in Denver, his agent, Chris Luchey, told SI.com.

Chandler, the five-year veteran and restricted free agent small forward who played in China during the lockout, visited Toronto on Tuesday and is considering joining the Raptors. Chandler is still waiting for his clearance to return to the NBA from the Chinese Basketball Association but was in Denver on Monday for a game against Minnesota, talking contract terms with Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri and even visiting his old locker room.

Luchey said the Raptors (9-23), who have salary cap room to add Chandler without the use of an exception, are in the mix and that he is talking to six other teams. Chandler made $2.1 million last season and had been hoping for a long-term deal with Denver.

"We are exploring all avenues," Luchey said. "Our talks [with Denver] thus far have been OK. It's just the nature [of free agency]. They have options and Will has options."

Chandler has said for months that his intention is to re-sign with the Nuggets, but Ujiri -- according to Luchey -- has made it clear he has no interest in signing him for only the rest of the season and that he wants a long-term deal. If an agreement between the two sides can't be reached soon, Chandler has two options.

He has until March 1 to sign an offer sheet with another team, then either join that club or return to the Nuggets if they match the offer. After March 1, Chandler can't sign with any team but Denver for the remainder of the season. And because the Nuggets aren't showing interest in that option, he could then be left to sit out the rest of the season and be a restricted free agent again in July.

Chandler spent his first four-plus seasons with the Knicks, but was sent to Denver as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade last February. He has averaged 13.9 points and 5.3 rebounds per game while shooting 45.1 percent for his career.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/02/22/wilson.chandler/index.html#ixzz1nF0Z6ef5

dtmagnet
02-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Probably can make more money with the Raptors, and a better chance at a starting spot.

Evolution23
02-23-2012, 05:09 PM
I thought he was going to the Nuggets

spreadeagle
02-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Probably just trying to get Denver to up his offer by showing him that he is getting wooed by other teams but can Denver afford him?? seems like have a bunch of people they have signed or plan on signing, Chandler will get a big deal I think in the 7-9 mil range

knicks=love
02-23-2012, 05:16 PM
is he just signing for the rest of the season? is he a RFA or UFA after this season?

Jint.
02-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Wilson will get plenty of PT in Toronto, makes sense.. kinda

spreadeagle
02-23-2012, 05:18 PM
is he just signing for the rest of the season? is he a RFA or UFA after this season?

Im pretty sure T.O would want him longterm,maybe he has the option to just finish year in Dever and then become a FA..I think hes a RFA after season but Denver may not be able to match the offers he will get

masTOR_shake1
02-23-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm burning through the sky yeah
Two hundred degrees that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit
I'm travelling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic woman of you

Vampirate
02-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Wilson will get plenty of PT in Toronto, makes sense.. kinda

Not saying the Raptors will make the play offs next year but they will have a much different roster next year when you include Jonas, the Raptors #5 pick with this years pick and the possible addition of Chandler.

spreadeagle
02-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Not saying the Raptors will make the play offs next year but they will have a much different roster next year when you include Jonas, the Raptors #5 pick with this years pick and the possible addition of Chandler.

plus another lotto pick this summer in a great draft..and if Boston falls off and NJ loses D Will could open up some spots

justinnum1
02-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Not happening, the most they can offer him is 4mil this year...not happening. Denver would surely match.

latinofire21
02-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Wilson Chandler's list of possible destinations now extends beyond his former team in Denver, his agent, Chris Luchey, told SI.com.

Chandler, the five-year veteran and restricted free agent small forward who played in China during the lockout, visited Toronto on Tuesday and is considering joining the Raptors. Chandler is still waiting for his clearance to return to the NBA from the Chinese Basketball Association but was in Denver on Monday for a game against Minnesota, talking contract terms with Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri and even visiting his old locker room.

Luchey said the Raptors (9-23), who have salary cap room to add Chandler without the use of an exception, are in the mix and that he is talking to six other teams. Chandler made $2.1 million last season and had been hoping for a long-term deal with Denver.

"We are exploring all avenues," Luchey said. "Our talks [with Denver] thus far have been OK. It's just the nature [of free agency]. They have options and Will has options."

Chandler has said for months that his intention is to re-sign with the Nuggets, but Ujiri -- according to Luchey -- has made it clear he has no interest in signing him for only the rest of the season and that he wants a long-term deal. If an agreement between the two sides can't be reached soon, Chandler has two options.

He has until March 1 to sign an offer sheet with another team, then either join that club or return to the Nuggets if they match the offer. After March 1, Chandler can't sign with any team but Denver for the remainder of the season. And because the Nuggets aren't showing interest in that option, he could then be left to sit out the rest of the season and be a restricted free agent again in July.

Chandler spent his first four-plus seasons with the Knicks, but was sent to Denver as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade last February. He has averaged 13.9 points and 5.3 rebounds per game while shooting 45.1 percent for his career.

BallIsAll this is why you need to make sure you have all the information before you start saying whats possible and whats not possible.

Teams can offer him deals up to March 1. Unless there is a rule that states he cannot be offer a 1 year deal to test free agency next year then its highly possible he signs a contract for a year and completely over-rides Ujiris wishes. The ball is in Chandlers court not Denvers.

FutureGM
02-23-2012, 05:28 PM

Not until March 1st I believe.

cdnsportsfan
02-23-2012, 05:29 PM
If Toronto is able to move Barbosa for picks and TPE or something, or decides to amnesty someone, they will be able to offer more. At this point Denver can, and apparently will, match any offer. But following this through apparently Chandler is considering sitting the remainder of the season and testing the waters again in the summer. Appears it is no longer a guarantee that he will be returning to Denver...

FutureGM
02-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Not happening, the most they can offer him is 4mil this year...not happening. Denver would surely match.

We could move some stuff around or use our amnesty clause if we have to. It could happen.

spreadeagle
02-23-2012, 05:31 PM

but after this season they have like 12 mil cap space, maybe he signs some sort of back loaded deal where he makes like 4 mill this year and 11 mil the second year, idk just thinking out loud,

Vampirate
02-23-2012, 05:32 PM

plus another lotto pick this summer in a great draft..and if Boston falls off and NJ loses D Will could open up some spots

Someone needs reading glasses :laugh2:

spreadeagle
02-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Someone needs reading glasses :laugh2:

I thought you meant Jonas was this years pick calm down G! lol

king4day
02-23-2012, 05:34 PM
He's one guy I want the Suns to look at this offseason. I'd rather he sign with a team for the rest of this season we have the cap space to overpay for him.

Punk
02-23-2012, 05:39 PM
He likes the big city. So, Toronto would be the best fit, I wouldn't be surprised if he signed there.

That really puts them in the playoff picture next season with Philly and Indy.

BallIsAll
02-23-2012, 09:25 PM
He's trying to use them as leverage to get the best deal from Denver. All Toronto could give him is 4 mill if he doesn't get his fiba clearance before march first he ends up in a worse spot. His agent already told the nuggets he wants to resign with them and the nuggets have already expressed they won't resign him unless it's a multi-year deal.

C_Mund
02-23-2012, 09:46 PM
He's trying to use them as leverage to get the best deal from Denver. All Toronto could give him is 4 mill if he doesn't get his fiba clearance before march first he ends up in a worse spot. His agent already told the nuggets he wants to resign with them and the nuggets have already expressed they won't resign him unless it's a multi-year deal.

How much do you think the Nuggets would offer him for four years?

BallIsAll
02-23-2012, 09:51 PM

BallIsAll this is why you need to make sure you have all the information before you start saying whats possible and whats not possible.

Teams can offer him deals up to March 1. Unless there is a rule that states he cannot be offer a 1 year deal to test free agency next year then its highly possible he signs a contract for a year and completely over-rides Ujiris wishes. The ball is in Chandlers court not Denvers.

If you were following from the beginning you would know that all this is ******** from his agent as leverage to get a bigger deal. But you know what we'll just wait till he's wearing a uniform. And restricted free agents can't have possible destinations because the team they are in can match ANYTHING. I guarantee you he will either be in a Denver uniform or we'll get something for him which is what I have been saying since the beginning. And secondly this article was written after my post nobody read this before I posted my thread so how did I not have my info right? Learn to read dates

BallIsAll
02-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Not until March 1st I believe.

Yes it's after march 1st

BallIsAll
02-23-2012, 09:56 PM
How much do you think the Nuggets would offer him for four years?

I could see a 5 year 40 mill contract as the biggest, remember we have expirings and we have the amnesty clause and even without that we have space to offer a big contract. Also we will have enough space for Ty which is our only other player who demands a contract

FarOutIos
02-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Sign and trade to Kings for Hickson.

howiend
02-23-2012, 10:23 PM
the wolves will take him!

Tmath
02-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Sign and trade to Kings for Hickson.

Can't sign and trade during the season, new rule in the new CBA.

FarOutIos
02-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Can't sign and trade during the season, new rule in the new CBA.

Really... too bad. I could really see us (Kings) make a push for him. But Denver's ability to match would make it a futile effort I fear...

Sweet_Caroline
02-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Chandler's the man. From my hometown. He was such a beast in high school.

latinofire21
02-24-2012, 12:08 AM
If you were following from the beginning you would know that all this is ******** from his agent as leverage to get a bigger deal. But you know what we'll just wait till he's wearing a uniform. And restricted free agents can't have possible destinations because the team they are in can match ANYTHING. I guarantee you he will either be in a Denver uniform or we'll get something for him which is what I have been saying since the beginning. And secondly this article was written after my post nobody read this before I posted my thread so how did I not have my info right? Learn to read dates

I have been following. You flip sides way too much. You said no one can offer him a deal other then Denver. Either he signs a deal with Denver or he sits out for the rest of the year. Your wrong. He has until March 1st to field offers from other teams. If one of those teams offer him a 1 year deal and he accepts that offer all Denver can do is match.

Mr_Amaziing
02-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Would love to see him with The Wolves

Trade D.Williams, M.Beasley, J.Barea for Gasol
Sign Wilson Chandler

Pg- Rubio
Sg- Johnson
Sf- Chandler
Pf- Love
C- Gasol