PDA

View Full Version : Would Steve Nash make the Celtics contenders?

Whole8
02-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Conciveably, the best situation for both boston and phoenix is to swap point guards, the celtics are looking to make 1 last title run with their current group, and the suns are looking to rebuild and arent even a playoff team right now, the best move for both teams is to make a definite change and move in the right direction, and that direction? to swap allstar point guards and both begin the rebuilding process

Currently the celtics have the 17th and 27th pick in this Junes draft, and a star point guard in Rajon Rondo, they dont believe that he would be good enough to rebuild around, and with all the speculation every year since he was drafted that he would be traded, it seems inevitable that he is not in their future plans

Rondo's deal lasts 4 more years at 11 million+ for each, steve nash's deal expires at the end of the season and would free up cap space for them in the future, so they can rebuild through making smart moves in freeagency, and awaiting future draft picks

the suns are a lottery team, they know the chances of them making the playoffs this year is slimmer than Carmelo's chance to get out of the first round for the 2nd :laugh2:

obviously, if approached for a deal involving rondo and nash, they would have to be interested

but if im the celtics, i dont stop there, i try and make a deal like: the 17th and 27th pick,Jermaine O'neal and Rondo for Nash and Gortat, although i doubt phoenix would like to give up gortat in any deal, i think they could consider it

with a player like gortat, the celtics would have a franchize center who can hold down that position for a few seasons at a modest price, and it would allow the celtics to be able to make 1-2 runs at a title(especially if they can convince garnett, allen, and nash to resign for under 5 million, and using the remaining cap to add a impact player for a small price)

if they cannot acquire gortat as well, they should just take nash, and try to acquire lopez, and then wait on a chris kaman buyout and they would be able to contend for a title this season

imagine:

Nash,Dooling
Allen
Pierce,Peaches(Barkley voice)
Garnett,bass, johnson
Gortat/Kaman,steisma

thekmp211
02-21-2012, 09:09 AM
celts will only trade rondo for a young star. i like this idea, but it leaves them with nothing next season and really it doesn't even put them on the short list.

Whole8
02-21-2012, 09:12 AM
celts will only trade rondo for a young star. i like this idea, but it leaves them with nothing next season and really it doesn't even put them on the short list.

i see where you are coming from, but hypothetical situation

Nash,dooling
allen,crap
pierce,peaches
garnett,bass
gortat,kaman(buyout)

this team isnt a contender?

i see them 3rd or 4th best in the east, would love to see them and the pacers in a series

Mcdoh
02-21-2012, 09:33 AM
i dont celtics will go chase nash but too anwser your question.. its a fact..

4 POINT PLAY LJ
02-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Don't you think their a little...old?

dodie53
02-21-2012, 09:43 AM
old team.
no.

justinnum1
02-21-2012, 09:45 AM
nope, that ship has sailed

IndyRealist
02-21-2012, 10:04 AM
If they want to contend they need to upgrade. Rondo's their best player. Replacing him would, at best, be an even swap. Even if you replaced him with Chris Paul they wouldn't contend. Now if they replaced JO with Al Jefferson....

Raps18-19 Champ
02-21-2012, 10:05 AM
They have Rondo.

corky831
02-21-2012, 10:14 AM
thats a dumb *** trade.....nash is like 38 yrs old and rondo is 25....if the suns threw in their 1st rounder...sure

Corey
02-21-2012, 10:27 AM
No.

Celtics are too old.

Celticsfan2007
02-21-2012, 10:39 AM
The only way I would take Nash if is Gortat AND PHX's pick were included...soooo

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7zq7l67

Boston gets:
Nash
Gortat
PHX 2012 1st round pick

Pheonix gets:
Rondo
J O'neal (expiring contract)
JaJuan Johnson

Chinoeyes
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
No and steve nash deserves better than what the celtics are right now.

Sly Guy
02-21-2012, 10:44 AM
The only way I would take Nash if is Gortat AND PHX's pick were included...soooo

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7zq7l67

Boston gets:
Nash
Gortat
PHX 2012 1st round pick

Pheonix gets:
Rondo
J O'neal (expiring contract)
JaJuan Johnson

hahahaha, the c's get the suns 2 best players and their lottery bound pick for Rondo and filler? LOL, you crazy dude, you crazy.

UPRock
02-21-2012, 10:49 AM
They have Rondo, this doesn't make sense.

LAKobeBryant
02-21-2012, 10:49 AM
I think their contenders right now

TheRooki3
02-21-2012, 11:06 AM
You know who i think'll make celtics contenders? Rondo.....getting healthy has been an issue...they need to man up and pick up a big man in the d league or get a bigman trading a pick (ie. Darko)

Celticsfan2007
02-21-2012, 12:28 PM
hahahaha, the c's get the suns 2 best players and their lottery bound pick for Rondo and filler? LOL, you crazy dude, you crazy.

It may be crazy, but its the only way a trade involving Nash makes sense for Boston. Otherwise, I'm all set.

Hustlenomics
02-21-2012, 01:03 PM
if nash couldnt win with amare, joe johnson, shawn marion, and barbosa how will he win with players past their prime with his awful defense?

THE MTL
02-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Steve Nash isnt even a significant upgrade over Rondo. When you consider the lack of offense from Rondo and the lack of defense from Nash, I only give a slight edge to Steve Nash.

Plus, Steve Nash is NOT chasing a championship. He will NOT ask for a trade and the Suns have absolutely no reason to trade him.

He very well might end his career in Phoenix. He isnt a sellout and even if he did sell out and go to a team like LAL or MIA....there is NO championship guarantee.

Karl malone went to the Lakers that one season along with Payton and w/ Kobe and Shaq already there you couldnt have so any first ballot HOFers on the same team. But they still lost in the Finals. And Malone (feeling guilty I suppose), signed a one-day contract with the Jazz just so he could retire as a Jazz.

LA_Raiders
02-21-2012, 02:24 PM
lol, No. Rondo > Nash

Ezio
02-21-2012, 02:33 PM
lol, No. Rondo > Nash

Gonna take in my inner justinummmmmm1mmmm

:facepalm:

heyman321
02-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Nash should just go to Miami for the minimum. Let Lebron/Wade handle the ball 50% of the time, and be spot up shooter the other half. He's like 40 something % from three and over fifty from the field anyways.

thephoenixson28
02-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Rondos attitude doesn't overcome what he does on the court. I rather have Nash with those players then Rondo IMO.

Celtics have only a 2 year window if not already closed. So old or not I think Nash would give them the best chance.

thephoenixson28
02-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Nash should just go to Miami for the minimum. Let Lebron/Wade handle the ball 50% of the time, and be spot up shooter the other half. He's like 40 something % from three and over fifty from the field anyways.

That's where I see him playing next year. Either Phoenix or Miami.