PDA

View Full Version : Once again, everyone is overlooking the Spurs....

bootleg42
02-21-2012, 07:17 AM
They're 23-9. Mind you all that they're old!!!!!

Tony Parker looks great. The Heat and OKC are getting all the hype as far as best teams in the league go. Linsanity and Melo drama 2.0 are keeping eyes on NY. The moment Dwight Howard or Pau Gasol make any gesture about anything, the press eats it all up, yet those San Antonio Spurs continue to ball at a high (boring) level.

I'm not a Spurs fan, yet I recognize that they need to be noticed. Who agrees???

kurivaimu
02-21-2012, 07:34 AM
IMO nobody is overlooking them. They get credit but not as much as the Heat for example because the Spurs don't have three superstars on their roster. Superstars just get more attention because they actually sell papers and that inevitable.

Spurs also played well last regular season and then got swept so this current hot streak doesn't really acoount for nothing.

sventhedog
02-21-2012, 07:34 AM
i agree. parker gets overlooked as with other players linked with celebrities.

he doesn't get enough recognition because:
1. he has been labeled a poor defender but he has improved a lot these past few years.
2. he's with the boring spurs.
3. most men think he is the reason why they didn't get a chance to go out with eva longoria. lol.

tony parker is showing why he is a top-tier pg. if you still can't see it, i think you need to consult a physician.

Nica
02-21-2012, 08:11 AM
i agree. parker gets overlooked as with other players linked with celebrities.

he doesn't get enough recognition because:
1. he has been labeled a poor defender but he has improved a lot these past few years.
2. he's with the boring spurs.
3. most men think he is the reason why they didn't get a chance to go out with eva longoria. lol.

tony parker is showing why he is a top-tier pg. if you still can't see it, i think you need to consult a physician.

I agree with all those points.
The whole who is bad on defense is so open to interpretation its crazy. It really depends on what sort of help d is given to any point guard. Points are so skilled, moving picks are everywhere these days and many have such devastating cross overs that its very common place to shake your defender. Is Parker terrible at D because the Spurs team D is designed to maximize Duncans " boring " and consistent presence?. I don't think so. Conversly is Nash's D as terrible as the people like to harp on? I don't think so. He draws fouls and the Suns team help D has been horrendous. Its better than it was but thats merely because their team lacks the offensive skill to run ala the D'Antoni years.
I'm note sure the Spurs and Duncan have the horses to compete with the big boys out west but as an NBA fan you can't help but admire Tim Duncan. He's so frustrating as his game is at such a high level and it seems so effortless. Plus who else uses the glass like that ?

bholly
02-21-2012, 08:12 AM
What the others said.

It's exactly the same as it has been for years - they aren't overlooked in any real basketball analysis and everyone knows how good they are, they just don't get much media hype because there's nothing interesting or novel about that. They've been a great team forever and are still a great team, so they have nothing to offer a story-driven media.

Still have no idea why people care so much about whether or not a team gets hype or press. Who cares?

abe_froman
02-21-2012, 08:21 AM
the press go with what sells.

.teams like the heat and okc have flashy players that play a flashy style(guaranteed to have lots of highlight plays every game),and to gasol and howard,trade speculation gets the most viewership/readership than anything else.

the spurs get over looked because they arent filed with flashy players doing flashy things,and never linked to someone demanding out or in to that team.

USMCLaker
02-21-2012, 08:24 AM
They are playing well but June is the time to gel.

Whole8
02-21-2012, 08:27 AM
its cute and all to win regular season games, lets see them win a playoff series

JayW_1023
02-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Hype only has so much longelivity. Consistency, class, excellence and teamwork will cement you into NBA history.

And we have BONNER! playing BONNER!-ball again. Nuff said.

JayW_1023
02-21-2012, 09:08 AM
The Mavs are older than The Spurs...can't emphasize that enough. The Lakers, are also older. No one calls them old. Shrug.

thekmp211
02-21-2012, 09:11 AM
it's like dallas last year. everyone knows what san antonio is made of. with their pedigree regular season dominance really doesn't matter. furthermore, while they play great regular season ball, it's hard to see them contending with a gimpy manu and a rapidly-aging duncan.

kdspurman
02-21-2012, 10:19 AM
IMO nobody is overlooking them. They get credit but not as much as the Heat for example because the Spurs don't have three superstars on their roster. Superstars just get more attention because they actually sell papers and that inevitable.

Spurs also played well last regular season and then got swept so this current hot streak doesn't really acoount for nothing.

1. They didn't get swept :facepalm:
2. They were a horrible defensive team last year and played Phoenix suns style ball all year. This year they're slightly above average defensively which is a huge improvement
3. They've added 2 really good wing defenders in Leonard/Green
4. Splitter is another 7 footer who comes in and can score in the post and defend the basket
5. Memphis was a tough matchup last year and this year we're 3-0 vs them. Won't happen again

kdspurman
02-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Dallas lost in the first round ( a 2 seed to the 7th seeded spurs 2 years ago) The year after that, they got better defensively, and surprised the world by winning a championship. What happened in last years playoffs does not matter.

San Antonio needs to get a lot better defensively, and Manu needs to stay healthy for them to even try to make any noise. I think they also need to find another big as well because Bonner/Blair will not get it done in the post season. They need 1 other big just in case.

bootleg42
02-21-2012, 10:25 AM
I can agree that a healthy Manu = a legit run at being the Western Conference representative for the 2012 NBA finals.

PHX2daDEATH
02-21-2012, 10:39 AM
I still don't see them hanging with OKC in a 7 game series...but im hoping for a first round matchup against the lakers? that would be sweet!

Patman
02-21-2012, 11:01 AM

Yeah and that Manu was playing with one arm didn't count.

@kdspurs As much as i wish that the Spurs are a better defensive team, the stats don't support it. Last year they were 11th in DRTG(1.6 better then Avarage) this year they are 15th (0.5 better then the avarage). So in relation to the league they aren't better then last year, the better numbers are because the offensive numbers this year are down across the board. They shown improvement over the winning streak (with some bad games between 100+ allowed against the raptors).

raiderfaninTX
02-21-2012, 11:08 AM
they are a little underrated but everyone knows they are a lock for the playoffs and they are not flashy so really with them its all about what they do in the playoffs.

kdspurman
02-21-2012, 11:20 AM
I still don't see them hanging with OKC in a 7 game series...but im hoping for a first round matchup against the lakers? that would be sweet!

They actually match up really well with OKC. They're like 6-1 or something in their last 7 meetings.OKC needs Westbrook and Durant to play well. If either 1 of those guys struggle, that team struggles. They struggle defensively, and outside of Harden don't really have that much reliable bench production.

Alayla
02-21-2012, 11:24 AM
HMM? the spurs are my pick to win it all this year and surprise everyone with one last run i guess im in the minority?

kdspurman
02-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Yeah and that Manu was playing with one arm didn't count.

@kdspurs As much as i wish that the Spurs are a better defensive team, the stats don't support it. Last year they were 11th in DRTG(1.6 better then Avarage) this year they are 15th (0.5 better then the avarage). So in relation to the league they aren't better then last year, the better numbers are because the offensive numbers this year are down across the board. They shown improvement over the winning streak (with some bad games between 100+ allowed against the raptors).

I know the stats don't support it now, but as of late, it has been showing. Leonard and Green are also providing something that they didn't have last year. As a team, they still need a lot of improvement with giving up points in the paint, and not giving up offensive rebounds. Last year, it didn't really seem like Defense was a priority. This year, it seems to be more of a focus than Offense. Pop is calling quick timeouts for missed rotations, pulling guys for being out of position. I think he realizes they need that mindset

whitemamba33
02-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Can you blame anybody for overlooking the Spurs after last season? They had a GREAT regular season, but didn't really show up for the playoffs. You can argue that they've made a few changes to the roster, but i'm still not convinced. Yes they are a little bit better defensively, but they are also not scoring as much, so the gap is about the same. They are winning a lot of games but the games are always pretty close.

Put it this way: if the Spurs win it all and people critisize me for not thinking they could win a champinship....I can live with that. But I think my bet is better placed elsewhere.

kdspurman
02-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Can you blame anybody for overlooking the Spurs after last season? They had a GREAT regular season, but didn't really show up for the playoffs. You can argue that they've made a few changes to the roster, but i'm still not convinced. Yes they are a little bit better defensively, but they are also not scoring as much, so the gap is about the same. They are winning a lot of games but the games are always pretty close.

Put it this way: if the Spurs win it all and people critisize me for not thinking they could win a champinship....I can live with that. But I think my bet is better placed elsewhere.

It was definitely a Tough blow with Manu going out, and Bonner/Blair getting owned by the Grizz front line. It all matters with health. If healthy, there's not a team they can't beat out west. No team is dominant in the west now. But like I said earlier, what happened last year does not matter this year. Dallas in their previous year to winning it all was ousted by the 7th seeded spurs in the first round. In the words of KG, anythings possible

basketball3553
02-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Kinda tough to overlook while on an 11 game win streak.

ghettosean
02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Props to the OP (Yeah I ryhmed so what)

I've been saying this all year and also that the spurs will be dangerous in the playoffs (if healthy). In all honesty I think they are ok being underrated and not being in the spotlight but a 10 + game winning streak deserves some recognition even if it's not with Jeremy Lin.

Can someone give Parker some props too cause he is probably the most underrated point gaurd in the league!!!

ink
02-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Greatest and yet most ignored team of our era. The no-hype team that has stomped the rest of the league for over a decade.

AlexTmz2
02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
The Spurs are not old, they just don't stand out as much as other western conference teams. Pop was never about highlights, hype or dunks. He could care less. We have to stay healthy and hope we make it through this tough schedule. We should still be looking into adding another solid big. If we can get that done we have a shot at the finals. Fingers crossed!

kdspurman
02-21-2012, 01:59 PM
"Now, if a player does not have an altercation on or off the court once each month, we fine him. I've tried to get this into the press, but people won't pay attention. And, the guys who are our top four scorers, each of them will be required once every two months to appear on MTV. And the guys who shoot the worst free throws over a one-month period, the next time we have a TV game, they are required to look into the camera and beat their chests after they make a good play. I think then we will have a little bit different reputation."

- Gregg Popovich.

justinnum1
02-21-2012, 01:59 PM
What happened to the spurs last year?

Birdmannn
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
I believe the hype is a lot less simply because of what happened in last years play offs.
Best record out west and get knocked out by an eighth seed missing arguably their best player. Im not taking anything away from how good they are ballin now since maybe that early exit was the inspiration they needed, but thats a bad way to go down for a championship caliber team.

kdspurman
02-21-2012, 02:13 PM
What happened to the spurs last year?

Same thing that happened to Miami lol... Except our best player had a broken bone in his elbow. How bout your guys? :rolleyes: with your logic you can say that about Miami or any other team but Dallas. How about providing some useful feedback or thoughts. Its ok that not every thread is heat related

Birdmannn
02-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Same thing that happened to Miami lol... Except our best player had a broken bone in his elbow. How bout your guys? :rolleyes:

Well Miami's best player deferred to a past NBA champion.... which didnt work cause he didnt have a monster like Shaq in the middle to take all the attention.

Birdmannn
02-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Same thing that happened to Miami lol... Except our best player had a broken bone in his elbow. How bout your guys? :rolleyes: with your logic you can say that about Miami or any other team but Dallas. How about providing some useful feedback or thoughts. Its ok that not every thread is heat related

Your funny guy, acting like the first round and the finals are so similar.

justinnum1
02-21-2012, 02:23 PM

Way to avoid the question :clap:

kdspurman
02-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Your funny guy, acting like the first round and the finals are so similar.

at the end of the day they are the same guy... The thread is about what SA is doing now. Not last year. This is not last year anymore. The guy I responded to provided nothing to the thread. That's like if someone says how good is Miami and I say what happened to them last year? Its not last year. Its a new year. Ppl are incredible on here..

kdspurman
02-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Way to avoid the question :clap:

tell me what last yr has to do with this year smart guy... Don't worry I'll wait.....

Giraffes Rule
02-21-2012, 02:35 PM

I think they matchup well with OKC. Leonard/Green did a very good job on Durant in their last meeting, and having a good point guard who can get under Westbrook's skin and make him try to win the game is the way to beat em.

All this is dependent on health though. If Splitter doesn't come back healthy and play the way he has been, they're in trouble. If Manu can't get back into game shape and have his legs under him, they're in trouble.

Also, they've been winning all these games without Manu or a legitimate back up point guard. When TJ Ford comes back, this team is going to be even better. He was playing really well before his injury.

ATL_Representa
02-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Once again, they'll get 2 the playoffs and run out of gas..They do the same thing, every year...

elonepb
02-21-2012, 03:00 PM
What does this thread have to do with Jeremy Lin?

kdspurman
02-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I think they matchup well with OKC. Leonard/Green did a very good job on Durant in their last meeting, and having a good point guard who can get under Westbrook's skin and make him try to win the game is the way to beat em.

All this is dependent on health though. If Splitter doesn't come back healthy and play the way he has been, they're in trouble. If Manu can't get back into game shape and have his legs under him, they're in trouble.

Also, they've been winning all these games without Manu or a legitimate back up point guard. When TJ Ford comes back, this team is going to be even better. He was playing really well before his injury.

Exactly. Westbrook was really annoyed with how well TP played. But they do need Splitter and Manu healthy. And I still think another big just in case. Ford is going to take some ball handling from Neal (although he's been really solid lately). They really just need to continue to get better defensively as a unit.

theheatles
02-21-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm not overlooking ****, I got the Spurs losing to the Heat in 7 games in the finals...a healthy manu would be more troublesome than any other player in the league to the heat

Joshtd1
02-21-2012, 04:39 PM
I actually prefer the Spurs flying under the radar like usual as I think they do to. Most of the times they've won their championship no one was expecting it, plus if your that team everyone is getting hyped about, that's a big target on your back.

Biggest difference this year is that were actually playing Splitter more this year compared to last season. Helps when you have another 7 footer in the paint compared to Duncan and little guys.

IF we can stay healthy, I think we have a great shot as any WC team to get to the finals, even though I do think the Heat are the favorite now.

And for the people that talk about last season...yes the Grizz beat us, but please acknowledge Manu had a broken arm. He was our best player last season, and still played admirably at less than 100%. I doubt many teams would have beat a tough rugged team like the Grizz without their #1 option being fully healthy.

I know it wont happen either, but TP has to be involved in the MVP talks. He's basically carried the load (along with some damn good play from Timmy) ever since Manu got hurt

JasonJohnHorn
02-21-2012, 05:01 PM
I picked the Spurs to win it this year. Of course, I picked them to win last year, so...

Evolution23
02-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Agree the Spurs are still dangerous in the playoffs and could have made some noise last year if Ginobili wasn't injured.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Until they get that consistent big to compliment Tim Duncan down low (I don't see Blair or Splitter or a 3pt happy Bonner as the solution), in a 7-game series, the Lakers with Bynum and Gasol will simply demolish them.

JayW_1023
02-21-2012, 07:12 PM
I actually prefer the Spurs flying under the radar like usual as I think they do to. Most of the times they've won their championship no one was expecting it, plus if your that team everyone is getting hyped about, that's a big target on your back.

Biggest difference this year is that were actually playing Splitter more this year compared to last season. Helps when you have another 7 footer in the paint compared to Duncan and little guys.

IF we can stay healthy, I think we have a great shot as any WC team to get to the finals, even though I do think the Heat are the favorite now.

And for the people that talk about last season...yes the Grizz beat us, but please acknowledge Manu had a broken arm. He was our best player last season, and still played admirably at less than 100%. I doubt many teams would have beat a tough rugged team like the Grizz without their #1 option being fully healthy.

I know it wont happen either, but TP has to be involved in the MVP talks. He's basically carried the load (along with some damn good play from Timmy) ever since Manu got hurt

Nothing to to add here. Worth posting again though.

kdspurman
02-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Until they get that consistent big to compliment Tim Duncan down low (I don't see Blair or Splitter or a 3pt happy Bonner as the solution), in a 7-game series, the Lakers with Bynum and Gasol will simply demolish them.

Actually Splitter has been that and more. He is very skilled in the post, hence the reason he's 2nd in the league in FG%. He is a VERY good finisher around the rim, and has really good footwork. He's drawn a couple double teams this season. While I agree Bynum and Gasol would have the advantage, it probably wouldn't happen cause that team runs through Kobe... Not the bigs.

bootleg42
02-21-2012, 09:11 PM
I actually prefer the Spurs flying under the radar like usual as I think they do to. Most of the times they've won their championship no one was expecting it

This is true except for 1999. That year, everyone pretty much had them winning it all.

Here's to a boring NBA finals.........the Spurs vs the Pacers!!!! (yea well if the Pacers were to come out of the East, maybe the storyline wouldn't be so boring after all......)

jiggin
02-21-2012, 09:58 PM
No one is overlooking them...the media has been talking about their 11 game win streak ect...

Dont mistake the crowd on here as the end all of NBA fans or Intel. Homers line these halls...and blind their perception.

justinnum1
02-21-2012, 09:59 PM
parker and duncan sitting tonight

ManningToTyree
02-21-2012, 10:21 PM
I dont think they can run with OKC for 7 games

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-21-2012, 11:31 PM

Yeah but who actually "runs" in the playoffs. The playoffs are all about which team can execute well when the game slows down and becomes half-court.

Joshtd1
02-21-2012, 11:55 PM

A team that we match up pretty nicely with actually.

kjoke
02-21-2012, 11:59 PM
I think the spurs have to prove themselves, same thing last year, and even though they may have gotten better from last year, there still is a lingering bitter taste.

thecorefour28
02-22-2012, 12:01 AM
I agree that the Spurs are getting over looked, but the reason why they are is because they don't have "all stars" on their team like they did in the past. Yes they still have Duncan, Parker, and Ginoboli, but they are getting old and not at their top performance level like they were in the past.

Unlike the Thunder and the Heat, they have young teams and still have "all stars." The Thunder have Durant and Westbrook and the Heat has LeBron and Wade

ManningToTyree
02-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Yeah but who actually "runs" in the playoffs. The playoffs are all about which team can execute well when the game slows down and becomes half-court.

A fair point. I just feel OKC's young squad will have fresher legs come playoff time after this brutal condensed schedule. Good move by SA to give Duncan and Parker a blow tonight.

I'm never surprised by the spurs success. A team that holds the same great core to go along with a world class coach for this long knows what it takes to succeed.

sunsfan88
02-22-2012, 02:40 AM
Lol way to jinx the Spurs!

Losing by 40+ to the Blazers who got spanked yesterday by the Lakers!

Edit: oh just noticed no Parker or Duncan but still damn make the game closer than 40 ******* pts!!!

Ebbs
02-22-2012, 04:07 AM
Lol nope. I told people the Spurs time was done last year to but no one believed me...

They are to old and to injury prone to be taken seriously. More likely than not they will get bounced in the first round

Chronz
02-22-2012, 04:58 AM
Lol nope. I told people the Spurs time was done last year to but no one believed me...
You predicted Manu breaking his arm?

They are to old and to injury prone to be taken seriously. More likely than not they will get bounced in the first round

Thats the theory

JRisdabest
02-22-2012, 05:04 AM
parker is a beast. never misses a shot.

Patman
02-22-2012, 07:18 AM
I agree that the Spurs are getting over looked, but the reason why they are is because they don't have "all stars" on their team like they did in the past. Yes they still have Duncan, Parker, and Ginoboli, but they are getting old and not at their top performance level like they were in the past.

Yeah if you ignore that Parker plays as well as he ever has and Manu was beasting before he went down.

Like I said before the Spurs could really need a Defensive big, Offensive they are good enough, Splitter is an incredible P'n'R player and has an array of PostMoves. Duncan still can produce and Bonner is just a deadly 3PT shooter.

@kdspursman
I agree that Pop has a bigger focus on defense this year, but often they just aren't playing that good on the defensive end, let's hope they get better until the playoffs.

kdspurman
02-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Lol way to jinx the Spurs!

Losing by 40+ to the Blazers who got spanked yesterday by the Lakers!

Edit: oh just noticed no Parker or Duncan but still damn make the game closer than 40 ******* pts!!!

It was ugly... I thought the Blazers would win regardless after getting embarrased by LA. But it's more than Timmy, TP. It was Manu, Splitter, Ford too.

I think Pop was also seeing who could flourish in that position as potential trade bait too. Turned out no body but Leonard played well lol.

chi-townlove1
02-22-2012, 11:22 AM
once again, the spurs will use their experience and age to do well in the regular season, come playoff time, they are not a threat

Giraffes Rule
02-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Love that the majority of the people here have no idea about the differences between this year's Spurs and last year's. Let's just break down the rotation a bit, assuming everyone gets healthy by the playoffs.

Last year:

PG: Parker/Hill
SG: Ginobili/Neal
SF: Jefferson
PF: Duncan/Bonner
C: McDyess/Blair

This year:

PG: Parker/Ford/Neal (sharing minutes at both guards)
SG: Ginobili/Green/Neal
SF: Jefferson/Leonard
PF: Blair/Bonner
C: Duncan/Splitter

The PF and C's are interchangeable most of the time, except for Bonner. So beyond the starting lineup, this bench is completely different and deeper this year. Every player except Bonner, RJ, Neal and Ford have scored 20+ in a game this year. Neal is completely capable of doing so as well (he did multiple times last season).

So yeah, aside from the entire bench the Spurs are definitely the same team they were last year.

Muttman73
02-22-2012, 01:56 PM
We heard this last year, how did that work out? I live in San Antonio, like the Spurs but you have to know that they are not going to win it all, not even the West.

marj987
02-22-2012, 02:20 PM

But you expect teams with 3 stars on your team to win, the spurs have no legitimate star so that what makes it seem like being overlooked.

THE GIPPER
02-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Skip Bayless predicted them to win the west this year at the beginning of the season.

But I still dont really see them as a title threat tbh. They're basically the same as last year and they lost to Memphis in the first round last year.

Joshtd1
02-22-2012, 03:10 PM

We are actually middle of the pack when it comes to age I believe...

And if the Mavs from last year could win it all, then it is possible we have a chance this year seeing as we are deeper then before, just depends on our health.

Ebbs
02-22-2012, 03:11 PM
You predicted Manu breaking his arm?

Thats the theory

No I predicted that even without Gay the younger and stronger Marc, and Zach would be to much for an old Tim Duncan.

Joshtd1
02-22-2012, 03:12 PM
I really don't understand how a lot of people don't see the effect that a fully healthy Manu has on the team. How many teams are going to be a tough surging team without their #1 guy break his elbow less than a week before the playoffs and not being fully healthy the whole time?

Ebbs
02-22-2012, 03:13 PM
We are actually middle of the pack when it comes to age I believe...

And if the Mavs from last year could win it all, then it is possible we have a chance this year seeing as we are deeper then before, just depends on our health.

I'm talking about Parker - Manu - TD.

Parker is having a very solid year, Timmy is having a sub par year, and we haven't had healthy manu.

Joshtd1
02-22-2012, 03:13 PM
No I predicted that even without Gay the younger and stronger Marc, and Zach would be to much for an old Tim Duncan.

Pop was a dumbass for not giving Splitter any time until game 4 or 5 or whenever it was. If he gets the minutes he was getting this year they don't go off, guarenteed.

Joshtd1
02-22-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm talking about Parker - Manu - TD.

Parker is having a very solid year, Timmy is having a sub par year, and we haven't had healthy manu.

Yet were 2nd in the West with all that, specialy with Pop limiting their minutes even more. Plus the emergence of Splitter/Green/Leonard and Neal being even better the team is different. Even Ford was playing good till he got hurt.

Age isn't our problem, its the health which I won't deny.

PhillyFaninLA
02-22-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't think they get overlooked, I just think people don't look at them at the title level. I never really here they are going to miss the playoffs.

Tony Parker is having an MVP type of year.

OC Knights #11
02-22-2012, 03:32 PM
its cute and all to win regular season games, lets see them win a playoff series

This...If they gave rings for being the best team in the regular season, the Spurs would have at least 4.

Let's face it. They're old. They've won their championships. They'll surely be bounced out of the first or second round by a younger, faster, more motivated team. Enjoy watching Duncan while you can. I'm calling 2012 as his last year in the NBA.

Heediot
02-22-2012, 03:36 PM
IMO, the West is going to come down to playoff match-ups.

The Clips will The Thunder trouble
Memphis will give the spurs trouble
The Spurs will give the Clippers trouble
The Lakers are capable of beating and losing to anyone.

Missing56&33
02-22-2012, 03:41 PM
The Spurs are getting overlooked because they lost a step or two. They did this last year and got knocked off in the first round. Manu Ginobili is nearing the end of his career with all the injuries.

I respect the Spurs but I don't fear them like in the past.

kdspurman
02-23-2012, 02:25 PM
IMO, the West is going to come down to playoff match-ups.

The Clips will The Thunder trouble
Memphis will give the spurs trouble
The Spurs will give the Clippers trouble
The Lakers are capable of beating and losing to anyone.

Memphis won't give us trouble this year. We're 3-0 against them, and they may not lose to them again lol. Splitter is getting more time and Zach/Gasol won't have field day with Bonner/Blair. Plus with Gay back, the offense won't run through the bigs like it did, which takes away from their strength. SA will need one more big guy, but even if Manu plays game 1 last year, we might be talking about a whole different outcome altogether.

bootleg42
05-28-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm bumping this thread, which I started in February.

You think people were overlooking the Spurs????

Raps18-19 Champ
05-28-2012, 07:16 PM
:laugh2:

You're going to get an infraction or be banned.

llemon
05-28-2012, 09:33 PM
They're 23-9. Mind you all that they're old!!!!!

Tony Parker looks great. The Heat and OKC are getting all the hype as far as best teams in the league go. Linsanity and Melo drama 2.0 are keeping eyes on NY. The moment Dwight Howard or Pau Gasol make any gesture about anything, the press eats it all up, yet those San Antonio Spurs continue to ball at a high (boring) level.

I'm not a Spurs fan, yet I recognize that they need to be noticed. Who agrees???

Only responding to this in order to state something should be very obvious to you, but apparently isn't.

'Everybody' is a whole lot of people. In fact, it is ALL people.

Would you now like to rephrase the threads title?

RaidersRush
05-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Hahaha blast from the past?

greg_ory_2005
05-28-2012, 11:52 PM
No one is overlooking them anymore.