PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas Interview: Speaks on Lakers, his NBA return, & more

Fresno
02-21-2012, 01:10 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Gilbert is epic.

We need him back in the NBA, as soon as possible.

Did you talk to Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak?

Arenas: Yeah, I talked to Mitch. We had a nice conversation. Can't tell you what it was about. But I have a basketball mind. I'm not some complete idiot. I do idiot things, but I'm not a complete idiot.

Arenas: My ex-coach Phil Hubbard [former Wizards assistant] and Eric Musselman [Arenas' former coach with the Warriors] called me to come to the D-League [where they coach the Lakers' affiliate]. I said, "Well, after the All-Star break, once I'm ready to go, sure, I'll come play. I'll come out there and break all the D-Leaguer ankles."

SI.com: Do people ever just bring it up on the street when you're out and about? How often are you hit with it?

Arenas: No. People come up to me and have a conversation with me, especially at the YMCA, where I do spin class in the mornings. You have people who want to talk to you to see what kind of person you are, and then you have people saying, "Oh, you don't seem like what they made you out to be."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/02/20/gilbert.arenas.qa/index.html

If you want to get a good read you guys should check this out.

ACanadian
02-21-2012, 01:16 AM
He'll be a great SHOOTING guard

The Final Boss
02-21-2012, 01:27 AM
I'll boo this bum *** clown of the Staples Center floor. Arenas doesn't deserve to wear the Forum Blue & Gold.

NoahH
02-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Gilbert is sick. Has always been one of my favorite players.

Bruno
02-21-2012, 03:40 AM
lakers low-balled him. vets minimum. he's probably looking for a short term mini-MLE, where he can try to show he still has game to get another contract, probably a full MLE.

tmacmamba
02-21-2012, 04:08 AM
lakers low-balled him. vets minimum. he's probably looking for a short term mini-MLE, where he can try to show he still has game to get another contract, probably a full MLE.

I think at this point Arenas would take the vets minimum, Its mid season and he will get to showcase his talents in the playoffs with the Lakers and earn himself a nice contract. I'm sure the Lakers will sign him after the all star break, send him to the d-league, and call him up when he's ready its a low risk high reward nothing to lose scenario.

Chinoeyes
02-21-2012, 04:12 AM

Didn't he get amnestied? so technically its still ORL sending him pay cheques and LA simply would reduce that with their share/agreement should it come through.

Not sure though if that's how it works :confused:

USMCLaker
02-21-2012, 04:26 AM
Lol. The ole I'm not a complete idiot line, wouldn't it have just been easier for him to say I'm a semi-idiot.

MackShock
02-21-2012, 08:29 AM
did he get amnestied? no right? didnt he have a contract? isnt whoever takes a chance on him supposed to pay him the rest of his contract since he got waived?