PDA

View Full Version : Sportscenter top plays

pedrofan45
02-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Maybe this is a stupid thing to ask in the NBA forum because these are the fans that enjoy these type of plays the most but I don't understand how a dunk by Blake Griffin or whoever gets number 1, 2, or 3 on sportscenter top 10 when all the plays before them with sports such as hockey, soccer, golf, football, or whatever do stuff way more technical and get shafted. I don't know if anyone saw the Top 10 today but Blake Griffin basically just did a two handed slam with no one around him and it gets top 3 on sportscenter top 10. Maybe it's just me but I really don't think dunking is that big of deal. It's so easy for these guys it just kind of bores me I guess. Anyone else agree?

BTW I know it's just Sportscenter but might as well bring it up.

NoahH
02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Because its Blake Griffin and viewers go wild for Blake's dunks. All about ratings.

pedrofan45
02-20-2012, 07:34 PM
You're right how it's all about the ratings I guess I'm just more into the level of difficulty then just something a dude can do 10 times out of 10. Not just Blake I see this all the time.

pedrofan45
02-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Stupid thread I guess I was just looking to see if anyone else thought the same of how dunks aren't that big of a deal but I guess I came to the wrong place!

Lakeshow24KB
02-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Lol I know what you mean. They shouldn't show Blake Griffin doing a regular dunk all alone unless there was a sick block or sketchy pass to it....idk.

apet8945
02-20-2012, 10:26 PM
There was a between the legs no look pass from Bledsoe to a trailing Griffin that ignited the dunk. The reason it was top 10 on SC wasn't so much because of the dunk itself but the pass before it.

I do agree though that SC top 10 really astounds me sometimes with the stuff it puts on.