PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone value Skip Bayless' opinion?



NoahH
02-20-2012, 05:53 PM
I mean, this guy continues to baffle me day after day. He's on Twitter (I assume as a continuation from First Take this morning) right now going on a rant hating on Westbrook for taking one more shot than Durant and trying to "UPSTAGE" him.

This guy used to have some decent opinions but it seems like all he's going for is shock value now.

"Seriously, has a guy ever scored 51 while taking 2nd most shots on his team? Westbrook strikes again! 29 shots to KD's 28. BAD SIGN for OKC"
"KDurant made first 5 3s - on fire! Could've scored a devastating 70 if his "point guard" who brings up ball hadn't chosen to shoot 29 times"
"Remember, in OKC, a Denver w/o Nene/Galinari/Rudy had 2 good looks to win in final seconds (Ty missed both). OKC outrebounded by 7. Shaky."
"I'm a Thunder fan - my hometown team. But I refuse to blindly applaud while Westbrook tries to upstage KD, prove he's DRose South. Trouble."

Thoughts?

dnewguy
02-20-2012, 06:01 PM
I value his opinion as much as I value a 2 dollar bill.

nickdymez
02-20-2012, 06:05 PM
People who don't like Skip are people who cant handle the truth

tredigs
02-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Just the media version of an internet troll.

Or in this case with the twitter, actually an internet troll.

I can't think of a sports media personna whose opinion I value less.

chrisf975
02-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Uh maybe if westbrook didnt shoot above 50 percent but he did so i dont see the problem Bayless.

tredigs
02-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Just the media version of an internet troll.

Or in this case with the twitter, actually an internet troll.

I can't think of a sports media personna whose opinion I value less.

NoahH
02-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Uh maybe if westbrook didnt shoot above 50 percent but he did so i dont see the problem Bayless.

Exactly what I said. Westbrook is having a great year from the field. Its one thing if he was shooting .400 from the field, but he's at .473 right now which is 9th among guards.

tredigs
02-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Uh maybe if westbrook didnt shoot above 50 percent but he did so i dont see the problem Bayless.

He also had 9 assists to just 2 turnovers.

Westbrook's been playing MVP level basketball for the last month+. And it's a major reason why the Thunder are where they are.

Broadwayjoe NY
02-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Just like Francesa and any other radio-host, you don't get listeners by having everyone agree with your opinion and like you. He has a lot of things he's been wrong on, but I happen to agree a bit with his take on Westbrook. KD was 5 of 6 from downtown and just about hitting everything in sight, I'd want my pg to keep feeding the hot hand. They won the game, but against an injury riddled Denver, that's not too awe-inspiring for OKC fans.

I like westbrook as a player, but I've always been on the bandwagon for the Rondo/Westbrook swap, so call me biased. It is worth mentioning, however, that Westbrook has been playing phenomenally this year, I just don't like the history with pgs who lead or come close to leading the team in points or shots. It usually doesn't bode well, but hey, they look good right now.

Q-TIP
02-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Skip is only there for ratings.

BigBlueCrew
02-20-2012, 06:10 PM
is this really about russell westbrook or a backhanded attempt to get at and diminish skip's thoughts about lebron's mvp candidacy or lack there of

DaBear
02-20-2012, 06:10 PM
He's ********.

Sota4Ever
02-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Some of the things he says are right and people just won't accept it and some things he says are just for ratings.

Broadwayjoe NY
02-20-2012, 06:17 PM
is this really about russell westbrook or a backhanded attempt to get at and diminish skip's thoughts about lebron's mvp candidacy or lack there of


And there we have it.

UofA
02-20-2012, 06:18 PM
used to, now first take has grown into tim tebow update hour with a mix of absurd claims in between. I used to actually be a fan of skip for the most part and thought he was a pretty smart guy that didnt mind being the only person on his own side, but it seems like in the last year or two the show is there more for entertainment than intelligent debate. He's taken his opinions on a few players to the point of insanity and is far too stubborn to see the other side of things (James, Tebow, Vince Young, etc.)

Maddog-99
02-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Just the media version of an internet troll.

Or in this case with the twitter, actually an internet troll.

I can't think of a sports media personna whose opinion I value less.

You nailed it & stole my clever thought!
He is the medias version of an internet troll.

so by way of the transitive property, does that make Woody Paige the media version of a LOL Cat?

I can haz updates now!

Gritz
02-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Skip needs a woman

NoahH
02-20-2012, 06:25 PM
used to, now first take has grown into tim tebow update hour with a mix of absurd claims in between. I used to actually be a fan of skip for the most part and thought he was a pretty smart guy that didnt mind being the only person on his own side, but it seems like in the last year or two the show is there more for entertainment than intelligent debate. He's taken his opinions on a few players to the point of insanity and is far too stubborn to see the other side of things (James, Tebow, Vince Young, etc.)

He rides Tebow and Vince Young like nobody's business! LOL SMH

BigBlueCrew
02-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Skip needs a woman

he has a woman, just went on vacation with her

Rio2011
02-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Skip Bayless who?

NoahH
02-20-2012, 06:37 PM
he has a woman, just went on vacation with her

Apparently an ugly one

BigBlueCrew
02-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Apparently an ugly one

U Mad?

NoahH
02-20-2012, 06:45 PM
U Mad?

Yeah I don't like Skip Bayless lol

Master Mind
02-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Skip is a tool

Evolution23
02-20-2012, 06:53 PM
People who don't like Skip are people who cant handle the truth

What's wrong with what Skip said? He's 100% right. Your point guard should realize when your best player (durant) is on fire and keep feeding him the ball. Westbrook just keeps putting up bad shots and is making the thunder look bad on certain nights.

theducksmuggler
02-20-2012, 06:56 PM
its gonna be a given that all heat fans hate skip bayless cause hates lebron

KnicksorBust
02-20-2012, 06:59 PM
I think he's entertaining and he's good with a lot of sports. He just doesn't know **** about basketball.

Revolu7i9n
02-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Shaq do.

SteveNash
02-20-2012, 07:05 PM
No.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2001-05-21/sports/0105210221_1_michael-jeffrey-jordan-bulls-ron-mercer-dikembe-mutombo

Spiggity_ace
02-20-2012, 07:15 PM
People who don't like Skip are people who cant handle the truth

LoL

Lakers + Giants
02-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Love listening to Skip Bayless, Stephen A. Smith, and Barkley. Those 3 say the most ridiculous things but are honestly sometimes right even when it still sounds ridiculous. Those guys are great for ratings. . haha. I watch em. :)

shen
02-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Skip is a moron who will make an argument to castrate someone he does not like then says that argument has no merit when used on someone he likes for doing the exact same thing. He is the most biased reporter in history. That being said I can't help but laugh when he and Stephen A Smith go at it.

Ty Fast
02-20-2012, 07:32 PM
I mean, this guy continues to baffle me day after day. He's on Twitter (I assume as a continuation from First Take this morning) right now going on a rant hating on Westbrook for taking one more shot than Durant and trying to "UPSTAGE" him.

This guy used to have some decent opinions but it seems like all he's going for is shock value now.

"Seriously, has a guy ever scored 51 while taking 2nd most shots on his team? Westbrook strikes again! 29 shots to KD's 28. BAD SIGN for OKC"
"KDurant made first 5 3s - on fire! Could've scored a devastating 70 if his "point guard" who brings up ball hadn't chosen to shoot 29 times"
"Remember, in OKC, a Denver w/o Nene/Galinari/Rudy had 2 good looks to win in final seconds (Ty missed both). OKC outrebounded by 7. Shaky."
"I'm a Thunder fan - my hometown team. But I refuse to blindly applaud while Westbrook tries to upstage KD, prove he's DRose South. Trouble."

Thoughts?

he's an idiot and he still baffles you? nothing he says baffles me.

USMCLaker
02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
I mean, this guy continues to baffle me day after day. He's on Twitter (I assume as a continuation from First Take this morning) right now going on a rant hating on Westbrook for taking one more shot than Durant and trying to "UPSTAGE" him.

This guy used to have some decent opinions but it seems like all he's going for is shock value now.

"Seriously, has a guy ever scored 51 while taking 2nd most shots on his team? Westbrook strikes again! 29 shots to KD's 28. BAD SIGN for OKC"
"KDurant made first 5 3s - on fire! Could've scored a devastating 70 if his "point guard" who brings up ball hadn't chosen to shoot 29 times"
"Remember, in OKC, a Denver w/o Nene/Galinari/Rudy had 2 good looks to win in final seconds (Ty missed both). OKC outrebounded by 7. Shaky."
"I'm a Thunder fan - my hometown team. But I refuse to blindly applaud while Westbrook tries to upstage KD, prove he's DRose South. Trouble."

Thoughts?

No one values Skips opinion more than Skip himself.

ManRam
02-21-2012, 12:41 PM
when he makes good points, i do. it's clear he just says half the **** he says to be controversial and draw ratings...and get threads like this created and get his name in everyone's mouth.

i don't even think he believes half the stuff he says. that's why he's so successful.

RaiderLakersA's
02-21-2012, 01:29 PM
I never understood why anyone as sensationalist as Skip has the following or the platform that he has. I tune him out. I stopped watching 1st Take (or Cold Pizza, if you still prefer that title) when they decided to make him the marquee. Ridiculous.

ManningToTyree
02-21-2012, 01:47 PM
maybe his mother

Sportfan
02-21-2012, 02:19 PM
I love Skip and Smith, ESPN First Take at times is the best show on ESPN, just need to stop getting so redundant

Crackadalic
02-21-2012, 02:21 PM
He's funny that for sure

AIRMAR72
02-21-2012, 02:37 PM
I DONT but sometime hes rite

Missing56&33
02-21-2012, 02:44 PM
sometimes.......he makes a lot of good points and they're valid points but sometimes he goes overboard. Like with Tim Tebow......that was ridiculous.

Mr. Beer
02-21-2012, 03:25 PM
nope, he's a tool and espn sucks

bmanjones
02-21-2012, 03:42 PM
People who don't like Skip are people who cant handle the truth

Are you kidding? Skip might be right 10% of the time. The other 90% he just trolls. He says the most outragous things he can think of and goes against the grain on anything he can to draw in viewers and ratings.

nickdymez
02-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Are you kidding? Skip might be right 10% of the time. The other 90% he just trolls. He says the most outragous things he can think of and goes against the grain on anything he can to draw in viewers and ratings.

Give me an example of him "Trolling".. (WTF is that?)

John Walls Era
02-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Are you kidding? Skip might be right 10% of the time. The other 90% he just trolls. He says the most outragous things he can think of and goes against the grain on anything he can to draw in viewers and ratings.

His trolling usually turns into truths... I agree he says ridiculous things for attention (50% of the time), but they turn out right.